PDA

View Full Version : The Wii

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:09
I want to have your opinions, I'm sure that the majority of you know that future consol of nintendo will be the Wii.
I'm going to buy it , i would like the PS3 or The Xbox360 but i can't it's so expensive.
So the question which i wonder each time is :

Next TR 8-9..... Will be on PS3-xbox360 , but what about the Wii ???? :confused:

Legend of Lara
21-06-06, 16:11
I'm not really sure if TR on Wii is such a good idea. With all that motion-sensor crap it will surely flop.

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:12
I'm not really sure if TR on Wii is such a good idea. With all that motion-sensor crap it will surely flop.
Too bad :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Another opinions please

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 16:12
I like the Wii and it's control system, but I doubt any of the popular XB and PS franchises will be available on that console...
And games are what sells consoles...
So I'm going for PS3...

As for your question: I doubt it, maybe TR8 will later appear on Wii, as legend did on GC
:)

Legend of Lara
21-06-06, 16:14
I'm saying that TR on Wii would flop. The console itself looks very promising. :)

Mad Tony
the motion-sensor feature lookls prettey good with sports games and stuff.

I like the idea of using a game controller as a golf club or a tennis racket

this video gives a good insight on what the motion-sensoring controllers will be like

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/NAVSUB/5-/RegionHome.html

raiderfun
I like the Wii and it's control system, but I doubt any of the popular XB and PS franchises will be available on that console...
And games are what sells consoles...
So I'm going for PS3...

As for your question: I doubt it, maybe TR8 will later appear on Wii, as legend did on GC
Yeah!
But you don't notice that The PS3 is extremelllllllllllllllllyyyyyy expensive ????

stereopathic
21-06-06, 16:15
i'm excited about the wii. it seems nintendo is marketing it to two types of people. those who don't want to pay through the nose for a game system and those who want a 2nd system but don't want to pay the kind of money it takes to get an xbox or ps3. it's really genius, but i'm not sure if wii will get TR. there's just no way to know. but i did play "the prophecy" on GBA so at least nintendo has some sort of dialogue with eidos. it would be fun to play on the wii and i hope it happens.

Legend of Lara
21-06-06, 16:16
Yeah!
But you don't notice that The PS3 is extremelllllllllllllllllyyyyyy expensive ????

PS3 doesn't have motion sensor. Making Wii also extremellllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy expensive. ;)

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:17
i'm excited about the wii. it seems nintendo is marketing it to two types of people. those who don't want to pay through the nose for a game system and those who want a 2nd system but don't want to pay the kind of money it takes to get an xbox or ps3. it's really genius, but i'm not sure if wii will get TR. there's just no way to know. but i did play "the prophecy" on GBA so at least nintendo has some sort of dialogue with eidos. it would be fun to play on the wii and i hope it happens.
Me 2 , i praaayyyyyyy

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 16:17
Yeah!

Yup, but it's worth it... The most advanced console to date, probably will have best games (PS always does), I don't have a PS or PS2, so I'll buy some good old games as well, it includes the Blu-ray player, etc.

Legend of Lara
21-06-06, 16:18
Yup, but it's worth it... The most advanced console to date, probably will have best games (PS always does), I don't have a PS or PS2, so I'll buy some good old games as well, it includes the Blu-ray player, etc.
Agree. I have a PS2 and I luv it to bitz! :D

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:20
Don't forget that the PS3 don't run all the game of PS1-PS3 :ohn: :ohn: :ohn: :ohn:

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 16:21
Don't forget that the PS3 don't run all the game of PS1-PS3 :ohn: :ohn: :ohn: :ohn:

It does as I heard...
Xbox360 is the one that's unable to run all of Xbox games...

Legend of Lara
21-06-06, 16:21

It does. :ohn: :ohn: :ohn: :ohn:

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:23
It does. :ohn: :ohn: :ohn: :ohn:
No it doesn't , trust me

viper456

it will run practically all. Sony say its got full backwards compatability

stereopathic
PS3 doesn't have motion sensor. Making Wii also extremellllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy expensive. ;)
the ps3 does have a motion-sensing controller but not one that's as advanced as the wii's. and the wii will sell for $249US. that's much less that the $600 for the PS3.

viper456
21-06-06, 16:24

the ps3 controllers do have a motion senor, but not like the wii.

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 16:25
No it doesn't , trust me

Have you tried it?

If viper, legend and me all heard that it does, I guess it probably does... :)

Legend of Lara
21-06-06, 16:26
No it doesn't , trust me

Yes it will. Trust me.

Betal
what is wii?

raiderfun
Have you tried it?

If viper, legend and me all heard that it does, I guess it probably does... :)
I heard it in the web , but i'm not sure

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 16:27
what is wii?

Nintendo's next-gen console :)

Alive_and_Funky
21-06-06, 16:27

You'll be able to get a normal control pad for the Wii.

I'll probably get a Wii and I'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Sports and many other games (my mind's gone blank at the moment, but they're are a lot I'd like).

Legend of Lara
21-06-06, 16:30
I'll be getting a PS3. I'll probably get the Wii entirely because of Sonic Wild Fire.

raiderfun
Did you heard of sadness ?
It's a game entirely in white and black , a horror game , only on the wii

Betal

ok thanks:)

stereopathic
21-06-06, 16:32
that sounds cool. i'm gonna go look that up.

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 16:33

Sounds good...
But on PS3 we'll be getting...

-Heavy Rain
-Alan Wake
-that Naughty Dog's TR rip-off
-the new Gran Turismo
-and I'll be able to play SH1&2 cause they weren't released for the PC
-Tomb Raider 8
(all the games I'm looking forward to)
:D

Alive_and_Funky
21-06-06, 16:34
The only game I'm looking forward to on PS3 is MGS4.

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:35
Tomb Raider 8 ?
Have to get confirmation
My wish it's to see tr8 released on ps2 instead of PS3

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:36
The only game I'm looking forward to on PS3 is MGS4.
Oh MGS4 , oh that's looks so good , too bad for the Wii

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 16:37
About the sadness...
I just watched the video on gamespot...

Looks good... that Wii control system seems amazing... :cln:
I would love to try it, but I doubt that will make me buy it...

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:39
About the sadness...

In the first that let me scared , but we have any screenshot of the game yet , just cinematios

stereopathic
21-06-06, 16:45
About the sadness...

i just saw it too. it really does seem to take full advantage of the control system. looks great.

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:46
But the game is in white and black :(

Alive_and_Funky
21-06-06, 16:47

Maybe it's for effect?

Rivendell
21-06-06, 16:48
Sounds good...
But on PS3 we'll be getting...

-Heavy Rain
-Alan Wake
-that Naughty Dog's TR rip-off
-the new Gran Turismo
-and I'll be able to play SH1&2 cause they weren't released for the PC
-Tomb Raider 8
(all the games I'm looking forward to)
:D

Don't forget the FF's ;)

Can't wait for that Naught Dog game, looks great!

raiderfun
21-06-06, 16:49
and final fantasy : crystal bearers will be too on the Wii :ton: and not on PS3 and Xbox360 :ton: :ton: :ton:

Rivendell
21-06-06, 16:52
:eek: If that's another Crystal Chronicles game, I doubt I'll get it. How that game got the 'FF' title is beyond me. Sure it was fun, but incredibly repetative and on-going.

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 16:59

So what?
It's even better that way... Has a certain atmosphere...

Lara Lover
21-06-06, 17:04
I'm not too sure that TR will be coming on Wii. It'll probably come onto PS3 and Xbox 360 plus the PC offcourse.

You said that the 360 and PS3 cost to much? Why don't you wait until the price goes down then buy one of those consoles? Or, Save up. Like I'm doing. I'm saving for a new console. I'm not too sure which one. But, Hopefully a PS3.

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:04
So what?
It's even better that way... Has a certain atmosphere...
Maybe , but the imortant is the gameplay

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:05
I'm not too sure that TR will be coming on Wii. It'll probably come onto PS3 and Xbox 360 plus the PC offcourse.

You said that the 360 and PS3 cost to much? Why don't you wait until the price goes down then buy one of those consoles? Or, Save up. Like I'm doing. I'm saving for a new console. I'm not too sure which one. But, Hopefully a PS3.
I'm searching for a Job , but at 14 we CAN'T :hea: :hea: :hea: :hea:

Angel666
21-06-06, 17:07
I'm waiting until the price goes down before I get one. I will definately get a Wii though. I don't see why TR wouldn't be on the Wii. It has different controllers or they might be able to figure out how to make it work.

Lara Lover
21-06-06, 17:09
I'm searching for a Job , but at 14 we CAN'T :hea: :hea: :hea: :hea:

I'm 13 and I'm saving :) LOL. Any money small or large, Store it away and just keep on saving. You'll be surprised by how much money you'll actually save.

:tmb:

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:09
Me 2 , i don't see why TR won't be on The wii
Maybe because Eidos is angry with nintendo :D

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 17:12
Me 2 , i don't see why TR won't be on The wii
Maybe because Eidos is angry with nintendo :D

Eidos is not angry on Nintendo (trl is out for gc), I think ps and xb are more profitable consoles and the player profile that plays on them is the player profile that is more likely to play a game like tomb raider...

interstellardave
21-06-06, 17:16
I'm looking forward to the Wii... it will satisfy my new console urge during the upcoming holidays without having to spend outrageous sums of money (PS3). Super Mario Galaxy makes it worth my while, but there are other interesting titles in the works too.

raiderfun
I don't see where PS and 360 would be more profitable ?
Wii is the most funniest , it would be better if TR get released on all the next gen consols

Lara Lover
I'm looking forward to the Wii... it will satisfy my new console urge during the upcoming holidays without having to spend outrageous sums of money (PS3). Super Mario Galaxy makes it worth my while, but there are other interesting titles in the works too.

When's it released? :)

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:17
When's it released? :)
Maybe on september or October

VonCroy360
21-06-06, 17:18
I don't see where PS and 360 would be more profitable ?

As I said, I believe the XB and PS players profile matches TR most...
But offcourse, the best solution would be if they released for all the consoles...

Lara Lover
21-06-06, 17:19
Maybe on september or October

I just checked on GamePlay and it says Pre-Christmas :o

interstellardave
21-06-06, 17:22
I just checked on GamePlay and it says Pre-Christmas :o

Were you asking and talking about the Wii or Super Mario Galaxy?

Angel666
21-06-06, 17:22
Maybe I can get out of buying it myself and ask my parents for Christmas! I cant wait to get my hands on Red Steel and Galaxy Mario. And Zelda. Oooohh, so many options. :jmp:

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:23
Were you asking and talking about the Wii or Super Mario Galaxy?
On the wii , don't you ?

interstellardave
21-06-06, 17:25
On the wii , don't you ?

What? :confused:

Lara Lover
21-06-06, 17:26
I was talking about when the console was out. :tmb:

If it's out in Christmas, then, I might not get the Wii. I might just get a 360.

Xbox 360 Core Package
Tomb Raider : Legend
Xbox 360 20GB HDThat's what I'm thinking of getting. The Wii looks awesome, and, I think my sister is planning on getting one. She's got a GameCube and loves it. She got one on the very first day out in the UK. Bit of a mad gamer, She is. LOL. If she does get the Wii, We'll probably share it.

One thing I love about The Wii is that funky control. The one where you move it and it moves on the TV. It looks awesome! :tmb:

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:29
:eek: I was talking about when the console was out. :tmb:

If it's out in Christmas, then, I might not get the Wii. I might just get a 360.

Xbox 360 Core Package
Xbox 360 20GB HDThat's what I'm thinking of getting. The Wii looks awesome, and, I think my sister is planning on getting one. She's got a GameCube and loves it. She got one on the very first day out in the UK. Bit of a mad gamer, She is. LOL. If she does get the Wii, We'll probably share it.

One thing I love about The Wii is that funky control. The one where you move it and it moves on the TV. It looks awesome! :tmb:

Very awesome , i heard that in the wii will be The ATI Radeon X-1800 , can you believe it ???? :eek: :cln: :cln: :cln:

Lara Lover
21-06-06, 17:29
:eek:

Very awesome , i heard that in the wii will be The ATI Radeon X-1800 , can you believe it ???? :eek: :cln: :cln: :cln:

Are you serious? :)

I'll have a look up on it now :p

Angel666
21-06-06, 17:30
What does that mean, exactly? :confused: ATI Radeon X-1800?

Lara Lover
21-06-06, 17:31
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/nintendo_wii.asp?platform=WII

Nope, It doesn't say if it is or not. I don't think it will be. I think the Radeon X1800 is to powerful for a Wii. LOL.

Lara Lover
21-06-06, 17:32
What does that mean, exactly? :confused: ATI Radeon X-1800?

I think he means the graphics card inside the machine. Because, ATI Radeon is a type of manufacter of a graphics card. :tmb:

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:33

Are you serious? :)

I'll have a look up on it now :p
I heard , but i'm not sure.
Angel there is ATI and NVIDIA
Radeon is the model of ATI
GeForce is the model of NVIDIA
radeon x-1800 is a high model in ATI

you understand now ?

Angel666
21-06-06, 17:33
Ok. Thanks. :D So it is what makes the graphics great. Gotcha. :tmb:

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:37
Ok. Thanks. :D So it is what makes the graphics great. Gotcha. :tmb:
u welcome ;)

raiderfun
21-06-06, 17:43
GoodBye everybody , I'm going to see my grandmother ! :wve:

interstellardave
21-06-06, 17:55
:D I was talking about when the console was out. :tmb:

Xbox 360 Core Package

360 is well worth it! I already have one so that's why the Wii is my stand-out choice for the coming holiday season. I can probably get the Wii and a game or 2 and also some great 360 games!

Night Crawler
21-06-06, 17:56
GoodBye everybody , I'm going to see my grandmother ! :wve:Like anybody cares. :confused:

I'll be getting a Wii as a second console, I'm more interested in it's virtual console than anything else at this point.

Tombreaper
21-06-06, 18:23

Wii isn't next-gen.

interstellardave
21-06-06, 18:24
Wii isn't next-gen.

Sure it is... unless there's some official "standard" that someone has come up with that it doesn't meet. It's "new approach" alone qualifies it for Next Gen status IMO.

Night Crawler
21-06-06, 18:25
Wii isn't next-gen.Yes it is, doi you even know what next gen means? It's nothing to do with graphics. The current Gen consoles are PS2, Xbox and Gamecube. Next Gen consoles are the Wii, PS3 and 360.

Tombreaper
21-06-06, 18:25
Sure it is... unless there's some official "standard" that someone has come up with that it doesn't meet. It's "new approach" alone qualifies it for Next Gen status IMO.

It's not, Wii is something very different than next-gen.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152265.html

Night Crawler
21-06-06, 18:27

It's still classed as next gen as it's a step up from the current gen (Gamecube).

interstellardave
21-06-06, 18:30

Well that's fine then... I just thought you were saying "not next gen" in a negative way. I mean (by saying it is Next Gen) that I think it can hold it's own against the other 2 in terms of great games--and games that couldn't be made in previous generations. But obviously Nintendo isn't marketing directly against Sony or MS, so that approach (in his statement) isn't surprising. :)

Alive_and_Funky
21-06-06, 18:36
You know how Sony are saying that the PS3 is a computer and not a games console? They said that about PS2 aswell, just to avoid European Import Tax :vlol: .

Jebus
22-06-06, 17:52
would work if you could turn the motion sensor off, which im sure you can do!!!

raiderfun
22-06-06, 22:23
Hello everybody,
Yes The Wii is a next gen consol , but the DS is very awful in graphics :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thompa89
23-06-06, 07:04
I was talking about when the console was out. :tmb:

Xbox 360 Core Package

if youre going to buy a hdd it better to get xbox 360 prenium

raiderfun
23-06-06, 09:07
The motion sencor off is very important , it explain that the world is in developping and make u doing sport if you won't or no. But the microsoft/sony next gen consols , u must always stay on your bed without doing any movement :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

raiderfun
23-06-06, 09:42
For persons who doesn't know the Wii , there all the things do you want :
let you see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

raiderfun
23-06-06, 09:44
And don't forget that the wii runs the game of 20 years of NES , SNES , NINTENDO64, AND GAMECUBE.
that's not good ? :confused:

raiderfun
23-06-06, 11:43
it's an interesting encyclopedia