PDA

View Full Version : Cloud and FF13

Tomb Raider 5194
21-06-06, 23:18
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9674/ff1314xf.jpg
I was looking in gamespot and I found a thread with the url of this pic and thoery came to me because there are some references between her and cloud. Well I know that some references couldnt mean nothing but,

1.They suppose that her name is Lightning of what I read and well the lightning comes from the sky well comes from the clouds and since they did this with Laguna and Squall they are both water name says wikipedia :D.

2.It starts out in a futuristic sort of town and it starts with a train just like FF7.

3.The soldiers in the trailer reminded me of the one in FF7.

So what do you all think well I certainly know it cant possibbly her daughter or something just some gather up thoughts. What do you guys and girls think? Remember just a thought and if this was already mentiones sorry lol.

tr_mitch
21-06-06, 23:23
I'm not sure what you mean.... But clouds Super Cool!

MiCkiZ88
21-06-06, 23:25
is that me in the pic O.o

tr_mitch
21-06-06, 23:27
Cloud looks better older... he looks silly when he's young! Bit like Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Lenochka
21-06-06, 23:31
cloud is soooo hott!!!!

hehe i just had to say that XD

Tomb Raider 5194
21-06-06, 23:57
lol Ok.... everybody loves Cloud:D but I gathered up this theory days ago but when I saw this pic I could see more of the similiar things they have.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 00:01
You could be totally right...or as close as possible to the truth behind this:tmb:
But what kind of name is Lightning? They had so many options: thunder, storm, downpour, drizzle, torrent...:p

MiCkiZ88
22-06-06, 00:01
yep they are similiar :)

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 00:04
You could be totally right...or as close as possible to the truth behind this:tmb:
But what kind of name is Lightning? They had so many options: thunder, storm, downpour, drizzle, torrent...:p
Maybe, but Ive seen in Game Spot people calling her Lightning but I dont know why :confused:.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 00:07
Which is the Japanese word for Lightning? It might be her true name...I mean, they can´t call her Lightning:p It´s a bit ridiculous:o However, we´ll have to wait and see. She is a true mystery...a really cool mistery:D

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 00:10
Which is the Japanese word for Lightning? It might be her true name...I mean, they can´t call her Lightning:p It´s a bit ridiculous:o However, we´ll have to wait and see. She is a true mystery...a really cool mistery:D
I agree she is very cool indeed, they can make it like Tidus that meant sun and Yuna that meant moon maybe her true name is something that makes up lightning.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 00:14
It would be cool if she were Cloud´s daughter...but who would be her mother? Tifa? I still have to watch Advent Children! Is there another woman in Cloud´s life? Well, I heard that not even Tifa was in his life.

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 00:18
It would be cool if she were Cloud´s daughter...but who would be her mother? Tifa? I still have to watch Advent Children! Is there another woman in Cloud´s life? Well, I heard that not even Tifa was in his life.
Ohhh no no no If she was her daughter, Tifa has to be her mom lol I always cheered for Cloufa is it? or well Tifa and Cloud lol. But who ever is that pink colored hair mystery she is very beautiful I have the feeling that this character, "Lightining" is going to be one of my favorites.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 00:25
But who ever is that pink colored hair mystery she is very beautiful I have the feeling that this character, "Lightining" is going to be one of my favorites.
Then I guess we share the same feeling :p I hope she is as interesting as we expect her to be.

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 00:28
Then I guess we share the same feeling :p I hope she is as interesting as we expect her to be.
Indeed :tmb: I have the feeling this character is going to be very deep.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 00:34
Yuna is my favourite FF character up to date...but things might change...who knows? We still have to try XII :p I´ve played the demo and I´m looking forward to having the English version of the game the soonest I can. It´s quite a long wait, I wonder why. We´ll have to wait a lot for XIII. Lightning seems to be the only playable character, I might be mistaken. But the trailer shows she can do many things by herself without anyone´s aid. Poor enemies :D I hope it´s not something like Dirge of Cerberus. She has twin pistols as X-2 Yuna, but Vincent had guns too...I want it to be an RPG!

Shauni
22-06-06, 00:36
is that me in the pic O.o
You look kind of like him, but not that much. ;)

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 00:45
Yuna is my favourite FF character up to date...but things might change...who knows? We still have to try XII :p I´ve played the demo and I´m looking forward to having the English version of the game the soonest I can. It´s quite a long wait, I wonder why. We´ll have to wait a lot for XIII. Lightning seems to be the only playable character, I might be mistaken. But the trailer shows she can do many things by herself without anyone´s aid. Poor enemies :D I hope it´s not something like Dirge of Cerberus. She has twin pistols as X-2 Yuna, but Vincent had guns too...I want it to be an RPG!
Yuna now is my fave character too now and yes there still along wait for FFXIII but still we will have FFXII coming I played the demo too and I hope the story is good like the other FFs, ohhh I cant wait to know more about the character. I think the game is RPG but an rpg that doesnt look like an rpg lol because when you see the trailer you can see many options I think its fast pased rpg. But I guess she isnt realeted to Cloud since the diferent sequels are never related but who knows.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 00:51
Yuna now is my fave character too now
She is superb :D

since the diferent sequels are never related but who knows.
That´s true, but there are always subtle hints and connections among all the FF. Like Cid for example. He is everywhere we look, in different bodies and characters and with different attitudes. Perhaps she isn´t his daughter...she might be his grandchild, we won´t know until we get the final product. It would be nice to know something by now, but I guess than things like that don´t deserve to be spoiled so early.:)

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 00:57
Yeah out of topic but why do some ff characters have that... symbol that looks sorta like a Y or heart dont know lol. But I think Cloud had something of it, Squall had a necklace I think, Tidus had a necklace and earings I I think, and Yuna has it on her well shirt's middle. And maybe she could farly related or maybe she is cloud's female side... lol.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 01:00
And maybe she could farly related or maybe she is cloud's female side... lol.
Don´t discard that idea! :D I know what you mean. It might be some kind of signature or trademark, that might be what makes them square main characters:p

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 01:04
Don´t discard that idea! :D I know what you mean. It might be some kind of signature or trademark, that might be what makes them square main characters:p
:D:D:D:D and thanks for telling me lol I never thought of it as that lol. :D

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 01:04
It was an interesting observation ideed! Yuna had nothing in X, and in X-2 she had that tatto!...mmm

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 01:16
It was an interesting observation ideed! Yuna had nothing in X, and in X-2 she had that tatto!...mmm
Maybe remembering Tidus though Rikku gave her that outfit I hope Lightning has it but cloud didnt have it in AC.

Shauni
22-06-06, 01:51
Actually that was part of her uniform. It's on some sort of transparent silk (What's a better word for this type of fabric?)... I'll try and get a screenshot where you can see the top of her shirt where you can see the fabric better..
Though it really does look like a tattoo. That's what I thought until my brother pointed out that it was part of her shirt.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 01:55
Actually that was part of her uniform. It's on some sort of transparent silk (What's a better word for this type of fabric?)... I'll try and get a screenshot where you can see the top of her shirt where you can see the fabric better..
Though it really does look like a tattoo. That's what I thought until my brother pointed out that it was part of her shirt.
Oh, I see. Thanks for pointing that out :tmb:

Kamrusepas
22-06-06, 02:36
When I showed my friend the trailer of FFXIII, she kept saying that she looks like Yuna... :p

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 02:53
When I showed my friend the trailer of FFXIII, she kept saying that she looks like Yuna... :p
Yeah thats what they say on Game Spot "Did she raid Yuna's closet?" lol, Yuna looks alittle like her and the outfit sorta looks like Yuna's from X2 from what Ive seen she looks a little like Cloud and a little like Yuna :D. She does look like Yuna sorta http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5026/itallbeganwhenisawthissphere0f.jpg just compare it to the pic in the first page or in the video sometimes she looks like Yuna.

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 03:03
Ohh Ohhh now I know why they call her Lightning its because the thingy in the Final Fantasy Logo its a cloud with a lightning you can see it at the end of the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d_6Et1kU_w&search=FF13 .

Prince of world
22-06-06, 04:26
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9674/ff1314xf.jpg

it's stupid... why they make the same face... :(

MiCkiZ88
22-06-06, 11:21
because it's perfect! :cln: :p

Apofiss
22-06-06, 11:53
As much I know about Square Enix (FF team)... that's quite possible.

Catapharact
22-06-06, 12:13
it's stupid... why they make the same face... :(

Because it sells. Cloud's popularity with FF7 has obviously been big. So, why not tap into the market and create something that looks similar to keep the interest flowing.

I personally find cloud and few others from FF quite ridiculous. The guy doesn't look like a guy at all Lol! He seems like a person I could snap on one knee yet he heft that out-of-proportion Zweihander asnd swings it around. It kinda makes me laugh Lol!

Atleast in Soul Calibur, the Zweihander carrying character Nightmare (Later regained his humanity back and turned back to Siegfried) had a bigger body:

Image:

http://www.soulcalibur3.us/soulcalibur3/images/Wallpaper_Siegfried01.jpg

Eleana
22-06-06, 12:33
Square often seem to re-hash character designs. The Tifa-Garnet-Rinoa designs are very similar. Cloud and Tidus too.

because it's perfect!

I do agree with this statement! :cln:

Thorir
22-06-06, 13:36
Maybe Cloud had a sex-change. :)

Lenochka
22-06-06, 13:40
Maybe Cloud had a sex-change. :)
sex change no way! XD

why would he ever want to get rid of that really huge... sword XD
they do look alittle alike. the faces are kinda different though...

Catapharact
22-06-06, 15:51
sex change no way! XD

Seems like the logical reason. He doesn't seem to know where he belongs :whi: Lol!

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 16:55
Seems like the logical reason. He doesn't seem to know where he belongs :whi: Lol!
lol :vlol: :vlol: I read in a thread at gamespot that they gave specific orders to create the character like Cloud let me see If I can find the thread.

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 17:02
I found the real proof http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151333

EGM: What can you tell us about the heroine of FFXIII?
Motomu Toriyama: We can't tell you all the details, unfortunately. Looking at the history of the FF series, there were already female main characters, like in FFVI, FFX, and FFX-2. This time, one of the characteristics of this heroine is that she's not that feminine. I tried to make her someone very strong, independent. When I asked Mr. Nomura to design this character, I requested someone like a female version of Cloud from FFVII.

WOw yeah it seems like they made it to gain the sae popularity as Cloud since He is very popular.

Catapharact
22-06-06, 17:15
I found the real proof [url]WOw yeah it seems like they made it to gain the sae popularity as Cloud since He is very popular.

And thus Cat was right. Honestly, sometimes I even impress myself *blows finger nails* LOL! (Kidding kidding.)

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 17:23
And thus Cat was right. Honestly, sometimes I even impress myself *blows finger nails* LOL! (Kidding kidding.)
lol :vlol: yeah but they made her very similiar to Cloud in the pic in the first page.

Yuna´s Wish
22-06-06, 19:40
A bit more like Lara Croft then...a strong and independant woman:) I´d rather a Legend Lightning to an AoD Lightning :D
Her strong Cloud resemblance might be the reason why they call her lightning...mmm. I just want to play with our new mysterious not very female friend:o

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 20:46
A bit more like Lara Croft then...a strong and independant woman:) I´d rather a Legend Lightning to an AoD Lightning :D
Her strong Cloud resemblance might be the reason why they call her lightning...mmm. I just want to play with our new mysterious not very female friend:o
Yeah I totally agree! :tmb: By the looks of it she does look storng but she seems to have a weakness just like Cloud with Aerith and Zack. Ohh and I forgot to tell that if you check the complete interview it says that the game is rpg just like a predicted :D.

Nephili
22-06-06, 21:18
I didnt notice all this, maybe its sort of a homage?

Nice avatar Mickiz by the way :tmb:

TR luver7
22-06-06, 21:30
lol another cloud fan here!! :D

MiCkiZ88
22-06-06, 21:33
I didnt notice all this, maybe its sort of a homage?

Nice avatar Mickiz by the way :tmb:
thanks! :D so is yours!

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-06, 21:38
lol lots of Cloud fans with great avatars seems you will like "Lightning" ??????? :D

Apofiss
22-06-06, 21:42
The guy doesn't look like a guy at all Lol!

It's called anime I believe :D :p

Catapharact
22-06-06, 22:04
It's called anime I believe :D :p

And thus you know why I am not an anime fan ;). A few pics here and there but thats it.

The only Anime I liked was "Gundam Wing" and that would be because Zechs (The lightining Baron) was one cool character (though he could do with a hair cut Lol!)

http://www.geocities.com/theshootingstars/zechs.jpg

Tomb Raider 5194
23-06-06, 00:33
Found another thing why they call her Lightning, in wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ff13_2.jpg you can see at the bottom that it says Lightning but it couldnt be the spell since the spell is there and its called thunder they assume her name is Lightning :D.

raiderfun
23-06-06, 00:40
Nice thread

Tomb Raider 5194
23-06-06, 00:52
Nice thread
lol thanks :D:D:D

raiderfun
23-06-06, 00:59
u welcome , i always loved the FF , had finished ff1-2:mad: :mad: -6-7-8-9
I have the 10th but we must pay :hea:

MiCkiZ88
23-06-06, 00:59
Yep it's nice! :D And cant stop loving final fantasy games :p

Tomb Raider 5194
23-06-06, 01:09
lol yes :wve: they are all great and very interesting specially the plot always :D. Thats what I like about FF and now this FFXIII Fabula Nova Crystallis is looking very interesting.:tmb:

Tomb Raider 5194
23-06-06, 01:35
Ohhh and thanks everyone for discusing the thread with me :) :wve: