PDA

View Full Version : Amazon delivery! Strange problem!

tha_mattster
23-06-06, 11:14
look at this from my confirmation email:

Dispatch estimate for these items: 4 Jul 2006 - 11 Jul 2006
Delivery estimate: 6 Jul 2006 - 15 Jul 2006
1 "The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion Pack (PC DVD)"

and look at this from the website:

The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion Pack (PC DVD)
Availability: usually dispatched within 24 hours. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

its the 23rd of june now, why do I have to wait until early/mid july?! According to their website it should be sent out tomorrow. :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:

Mad Tony
23-06-06, 11:15
maybee something has happend that has delayed your order.

sweetPoison
23-06-06, 11:18
It's always like that. After my Resident Evil 2 broke, (too many scratches), I ordered a new one from Amazon. It took almost two months. It was that bad. Now I am going to order a new TR original and I just hope that it would be quicker than that.

Mad Tony
23-06-06, 11:21

Availability: usually dispatched within 24 hours. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

its the 23rd of june now, why do I have to wait until early/mid july?! According to their website it should be sent out tomorrow. :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:

hmmm....usualy new porducts normally take a couple of days to arrive, not 2 months!

tombraider123
23-06-06, 11:58
Cancel your order and go to play.com :)

Prince of world
23-06-06, 12:06
maybe that's fake

Mad Tony
23-06-06, 12:08
Cancel your order and go to play.com :)

yeah, play.com are good

EscondeR
23-06-06, 12:09
Surely fake. Need you e-mail when you write them to know what's going on ;)
DON'T answer this e-mail. Better go to Amazon & try to find out what the problem is...

angelika
23-06-06, 12:54

I ;ve been visiting Amazon a lot the last two months and bought many things.
I've seen the above myself and the answer goes like this.

Most of the item are said to be delivered within 24 hours. If you check the delivery rates and policies notice you will find out that delivary depends on where the seller is where you live. The 24hours delivery stands if you are in the same area with the seller.
Bottom line, you have to trust the dispatch/ delivery dates written on the particular order on the secure page ''My account''

Trust me - it's true

tha_mattster
23-06-06, 13:45
but its not a second hand copy, its new from Amazon.co.uk themselves!

Maybe they just havent updated some of their info yet, but I won't take that risk. I've never had this problem before, but I will just cancel and use Play.

I think their info might just be wrong, because they also say Stunts and effects was first available in 2003, but it was only released this year!!

(btw it isnt fake, I just copied and pasted the important info from the confimation email)

anyway I will cancel if it turns out to be july! cant wait that long!

edit###

they got back to me (quite fast im impressed!) and told me what I suspected, that the info in my confirmation email was wrong. :D

Alive_and_Funky
23-06-06, 16:29
anyway I will cancel if it turns out to be july! cant wait that long!

edit###

they got back to me (quite fast im impressed!) and told me what I suspected, that the info in my confirmation email was wrong. :D

That's good to hear. I hope you like it :tmb: .
I'll get Stunts and Effects but I'm not sure when. Possibly within the next two months.