PDA

View Full Version : Going on a vacation...

MiCkiZ88
23-06-06, 17:30
To England..

any advices??

Because I really would need some tips when travelling over there :)

tha_mattster
23-06-06, 17:48
wear the burberry pattern, and a baseball cap

And it is considered polite to finish your sentences by saying 'Or somfin or nuffin' or in formal situations 'Am I bofard?'

Follow my advice and the locals will love you!

daventry
23-06-06, 17:49
England or London, ive been there twice on my Vacation. :D

Go to:

Buckingham Palace

The London Eye

The London Clock Tower

www.hmv.co.uk (http://www.hmv.co.uk) Store, a MUST go.

Greenkey2
23-06-06, 17:50
Pack for every season - we get 27 degrees Celcius and blazing sun one week and freezing cold pouring rain the next :rolleyes:.

And if you go on any of our beaches and see grown men in socks and sandles don't laugh - there are so many you'll end up getting sore ribs :whi: The same goes for size 24 women in size 10 clothing, kids in tee-shirts down to their knees and men standing around outside pubs talking about football.

If you go in any of our supermarkets, be prepared to use a cattleprod to move people out of the way - usually while they're gossiping to fifteen of their friends/distant relatives in the middle of the shop. Ignore taxi-drivers waving you on - they do it in the full knowledge that if you move when they say the way is clear a 4x4 will appear in the next lane and hit you.

We get some interesting species over here..........:pi:

Lonely Istari
Lucky! I want to go to England so bad! It's on my top 5 places to visit :D

Advice? er... Have fun!

thepetemaster
Aldwych tube station perhaps?

Rivendell

And it is considered polite to finish your sentences by saying 'Or somfin or nuffin' or in formal situations 'Am I bofard?'

:vlol: :hea: :vlol:

*shudders*

Greenkey2
23-06-06, 17:51
Follow his advice when Greenkey2 is within earshot and she'll nail you to a barn door by your ears. No hard feelings :p.

Oh, and you must try and visit some of our country parks. They're beautiful (but beware of man-eating ducks; take plenty of bread soaked in sheep's blood to confuse them ;))

tha_mattster
23-06-06, 17:53
:vlol: :hea: :vlol:

*shudders*

Are you gettin in ma face? Are yu geetin in ma face!!!? Don't get in my face mate. (throws pink children's bike at you!)

Dont go to buckingham palace, what a bore. Go to the british museum, its so good!

scion05
*screams* JENNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sometimes wear socks and sandles...
i remember when i admitted that in class... *goes red*

Jamie18
Go visit Wales and Scotland as well! :D

They're not that far away.

London is a GREAT city.

MiCkiZ88
okay O.o

so who wants to have me visit their places :D :vlol: xD

I aint gonna pay that much for a month at hotel...

lara_lookalike
23-06-06, 17:54

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

tha_mattster
23-06-06, 17:54
Don't drink tap water in london!!! it's been recycled 10 times and is basically ****.

Scotland is much better than england, you won't die of heat stroke, there is no drought, and we have loads of tombs to explore!! :D :D

Greenkey2
23-06-06, 17:55
I live about 20 minutes from Nottingham city - in the rolling countryside of Sherwood Forest. You could try here :D

daventry
23-06-06, 17:57
Hmm, i wonder if its permitted to Post a Picture and the Address of Core/Eidos and then you can go visit it and even meet Jason Walker. :D

MiCkiZ88
23-06-06, 17:57
well I'm planning to be atleast 1 month there.. so I gues I would visit scotland aswell

sure greenkey! :D

Lone Raider
23-06-06, 18:00
Go and visit Core - Ex-Core, I mean :) I would :)

VonCroy360
23-06-06, 18:01
No advice, just writing this to say: I'm jealous!
Take one look for me...
:D

Greenkey2
23-06-06, 18:03
Here's where I live:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/

Choose where you want to go! There's a gorgeous ruined abbey and parkland just down the road, a tiny sweetie factory tucked away in the next town (sour apples, rhubarb&custard, liquorice drops, you name it :cln:), a LOT of places to do with Robin Hood, a day spa, and loads of places to go round here :D

I'll put the kettle on for your arrival :D Tea or coffee?

MiCkiZ88
23-06-06, 18:04
Here's where I live:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/

Choose where you want to go! There's a gorgeous ruined abbey and parkland just down the road, a tiny sweetie factory tucked away in the next town (sour apples, rhubarb&custard, liquorice drops, you name it :cln:), a LOT of places to do with Robin Hood, a day spa, and loads of places to go round here :D

I'll put the kettle on for your arrival :D Tea or coffee?
both xD :cln:

tr_mitch
23-06-06, 23:07
There are many Nice Cities, London of course is the BIG ONE, but a nearish one about an hours drive away Is Nottingham... its nice... trams and stuff!

You'll like it i think!

MiCkiZ88
23-06-06, 23:26
thanks for the tips everyone! :)

so places to visit: Mitch's house, Greenkeys house... :D anyone else! :D