PDA

View Full Version : Just a question to TR players from countries that have been shown on a TR game.

Cypocalypse
23-06-06, 18:38
How accurate is the portrayal of of your country?

I'm from the Philippines and it has been presented in Tomb Raider 3 (South Pacific level, which pinpoints specifially to a muslim-centric part of the country).

The accuracy is way off. It would have been more accurate if they've put Jemaah Islamiyah or Abu Sayaff bandits there. LOL!

I wonder if there are Kazakh, Bolivian, or Peruvian players here.

tha_mattster
23-06-06, 18:41
the south pacific was hindu!

When lara visits scotland, their are men in kilts with swords who attack her. That might have happened 1000 years ago, but nobody looks like that today.

DragonDan
23-06-06, 18:47
You are correct, but I still ran when I saw those Kilt'ers!

VonCroy360
23-06-06, 18:55
the south pacific was hindu!
When lara visits scotland, their are men in kilts with swords who attack her. That might have happened 1000 years ago, but nobody looks like that today.

Yup, I was laughing so hard when I saw those... :vlol:
Crazy men in kilts runing around some ruins...

Croatia hasn't yet been featured in a tr game... :(
:)

ChocChipCookie
23-06-06, 19:03
I'm probably being incredibly thick here, but in what game did Lara visit Scotland? :confused:

Alive_and_Funky
23-06-06, 19:04
I'm probably being incredibly thick here, but in what game did Lara visit Scotland? :confused:

I think it was Chronicles. I've never played it.

VonCroy360

The Lost Artifact... :)

tha_mattster
in tomb raider 3 gold: The lost artefact.

EDIT: lol 3 people said it at the same time, we are a hive mind!

Alive_and_Funky
23-06-06, 19:06
The Lost Artifact... :)

in tomb raider 3 gold: The lost artefact

My bad.

Cypocalypse
23-06-06, 19:06
Tomb Raider: Lost Artifact. Make that 4. :D

ChocChipCookie
23-06-06, 19:10
Ah I see, I don't have that game. That's why I couldn't remember seeing any men in kilts running around! Sounds fun though :) Thanks!

Jamie18
23-06-06, 22:02
The Ireland protrayal wasn't exactly true to life :vlol:

There are some cool mystical places though, and the atmosphere was great and kind of familiar when talking about legends etc.

Laras Backpack
23-06-06, 22:06
I'm from London. In TR3 the levels are semi-accurate IMO. It's all a little too dreary, but the Aldwich train station level captured the atmosphere of the London Underground for me. Though the Underground has advanced a lot compared to that abandoned station, I've always found many train stations a little dank and frightening. :D

tr_mitch
23-06-06, 22:07
And of course cornwall in Legend, was pretty accurate with the rain and all, though its not that depressing weather!

Mad Tony
23-06-06, 22:07
The London portrayal (TR3) was almost exact!!
it was raining!!!! and I bet there are green thugs that stalk the streets at night.:whi:

keebz
24-06-06, 01:52
I can't say much, because I don't live in a jungle, but I guess i can say that India was shown pretty well in TR3. The Shiva statues especially.:)Though, I don't know why they called the river 'Ganga', the river 'Ganges'?:confused:

PirateRose
24-06-06, 02:43
I think it was Chronicles. I've never played it.

that was Ireland, I just wanted to say.

I lived in Arizona for a while. which has similar quailties to the Nevada Desert. TR3 Nevada, especially that first part before she goes inside the rock, makes me feel like standing in the shade. The bird, the cactus, the snakes randomly hideing in places, the rock formations. Then the water being down inside a canyon, almost impossiable to reach unless you did dive off, but who knows how deep it is. Really nice work if you ask me.

ivannnnn
24-06-06, 03:43
How about Indonesia?There's alot of Jungle:)

Lost_Raider
24-06-06, 04:58
I lived in China...until I came to Canada...

Dragon Emperor...now that is interesting...his tomb, I believe, is still sealed due to the fact that the Chinese government want to protect the tomb from outside environment until better technologies are available, and it is surrounded by tons of myth. The real "Dragon Emperor" is just mean, nothing magical...because he is so brutal, he is constantly fear for his life...he use a magnatic door to detect assasains...

As for the Great Wall, most of them are reduced to rubbles except for few important checkpoints...I believe the location Lara might have visited is the Jiayuguan Pass at the western end of the Wall, since that is where all the myths are based about the Great Wall...

Watched a lot of Hong Kong and mainland action flick...if it is about myth, a lot of time it is about the Dragon Emperor's tomb and the Jiayuguan Pass...

L.C
24-06-06, 06:44
I live near London, and have been in the Nevada desert, and both of those were pretty good representations, particularily Aldwych.....the older stations used to look like that not too long ago, especially the trains that go past.

VonCroy360
24-06-06, 08:45
Though, I don't know why they called the river 'Ganga', the river 'Ganges'?:confused:

Cause that's the english name for it, perhaps? :)

Nephili
24-06-06, 10:03
I live in Cornwall, England. And it was portrayed pretty well, even though it was only one level. It is very dark and wet here, at nights anyway. It does rain alot aswell lol :D

tha_mattster
24-06-06, 10:44
You didnt see any of cornwall really, it was just an alleyway. But there was lightening and you see a lot more of that in england because its warmer.

But this was not always going to be the case. Originally, there was going to be a level set in cornwall with lara chasing zip and alister's kidnappers on her bike. And her mansion was going to be on the cornish coast, with a beach.

If you look at the first ever trailer (the one with all the unused things) you will see her by the sea, the pool was right by the sand!

badboy70
24-06-06, 11:02
You didnt see any of cornwall really, it was just an alleyway. But there was lightening and you see a lot more of that in england because its warmer.

But this was not always going to be the case. Originally, there was going to be a level set in cornwall with lara chasing zip and alister's kidnappers on her bike. And her mansion was going to be on the cornish coast, with a beach.

If you look at the first ever trailer (the one with all the unused things) you will see her by the sea, the pool was right by the sand!
oh yes, you're right ! i'd love to have the mansion from that trailer

can't they release it on the internet ?