PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Many have found these pics disturbing . . .

TombRaiderLover
23-06-06, 21:37
The famous eBay haunted painting.

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.com/haunted_painting.html

Many have found the pics extremely disturbing, SO BE WARNED!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/unexplained/2002/haunted_painting/ebay_haunted_painting_01.shtml

Five By Five
23-06-06, 21:40
Wow, that's pretty creepy. Certainly something I'd never buy!

//hikari
23-06-06, 21:42
can someone please upload the image to photobucket/imageshack or any site similar? I can't access this at work.

five by five would your sn happen to come from Faith of Buffy the Vampire Slayer :P

Lara's Fan
23-06-06, 21:43
Cool painting imo, i know that probably sounds strange lol.:p

VonCroy360
23-06-06, 21:44
Though I don't believe in that "haunted" stuff, the boy's expression and the girl's eyes look creepy themselves...
I definitely wouldn't want to have this on a wall...

Five By Five
23-06-06, 21:44
five by five would your sn happen to come from Faith of Buffy the Vampire Slayer :P

Yes! :D I love Faith, as well as the show!

MiCkiZ88
23-06-06, 21:47
okay that creepd me out :(

CerebralAssassin
23-06-06, 21:47
it's evil..it's twisted,and....I love it!!:D I would definitely have it in my room at nights! :D

//hikari
23-06-06, 21:52
ok i saw the picture.

now sure what the text reads on that site but ..... its not really scary =\

Geck-o-Lizard
23-06-06, 21:53
Saw that one a while back. I'd imagine evil spirits have better things to do than spook people over the internet. :p

Lenochka
23-06-06, 21:55
Saw that one a while back. I'd imagine evil spirits have better things to do than spook people over the internet. :p

Indeed

makes me laugh how people can be scared of things like that...

MiCkiZ88
23-06-06, 21:58
Indeed

*hides*

Lost_Soul
23-06-06, 21:59
Yes! :D I love Faith, as well as the show!
Faith rocks:D

But I don't get it...how can a painting be haunted?

CerebralAssassin
23-06-06, 22:00
Indeed

LOL..you wouldn't be sayin that if that thing was in your house! :p

Natla'd
23-06-06, 22:10
Can somebody describe the link? I'm a complete pussy when it comes to scary pictures - I clicked on a screamer link a few months back and got the fright of my life. Also, I go on Snopes a lot, and that place creeps me out too...so yeah, a description for the pansy over here? :D

Lost_Soul
23-06-06, 22:29
It's not a screamer or anything...it's pictures and description of a painting that is supposedly haunted or something like that...And the picture isn't scary either...it's a boy and a girl standing in front of a window and with hand prints or hands on the other side of the window.

Eleana
23-06-06, 22:40
That kid has a huge forehead.

tha_mattster
23-06-06, 22:46
it really is not disturbing. Its just a strange looking boy and girl, with some spooky hands behind a glass door. I dont rate it.

Lenochka
23-06-06, 23:12
*hides*

awww its ok, stick close to me and nothing will happen to you ;) XD

***Lara_Lover***
24-06-06, 02:49
That is scary.....

I WANT MY MUMMY!!!!!!!!

well i'm not sure if I do but it's better to be alert

you never know you might get a painting and BANG!!!! that's what you will see

TombRaiderLover
24-06-06, 09:24
I'm not scared of it, but some have screamed and fell violently ill at the sight of the painting.

Pipolinne
24-06-06, 09:39
That's called hysterism,not haunting!

Perspective distortion always causes negative feelings;the experessionist artists used this technique a lot in order to cause that feeling and allow people to question themselves about the reality surrounding them.

in these arms
24-06-06, 09:40
Not scary.

Thorir
24-06-06, 09:48
Whimps. :D

Geck-o-Lizard
24-06-06, 10:36
I'm not scared of it, but some have screamed and fell violently ill at the sight of the painting.

And do you believe them?

You've probably read Harry Potter. Professor Trelawney is the representation of those kinds of people; the mysics who'll tell you your lifeline is tragically short (and you proceed to live a long and happy life), or tell every customer that they'll become the incarnation of God in their next life. The people who fake posession during seances, and go to ghost sites to pass out or shriek in front of cameras.

Ampersand
24-06-06, 10:38
Haunted or not, I wouldn't have it in my house. It gives me the creeps just looking at the pictures... :o

Yuyu
24-06-06, 10:41

badboy70
24-06-06, 10:45
creepy, but i think it has something to do with the angle, int the pciture where you can see the moon, the picture is taken above the painting

Apofiss
24-06-06, 11:05
That kid has a huge forehead.

...and a face of old man? O_o

viper456
24-06-06, 11:06
do you think we should all chip in and then give it to someone on this forum (NOT ME) to see if it has any effect?? :D lmao

Ampersand
24-06-06, 11:09
No need, I'm having fits of terror just looking at that doll. :cln: And the kid has eyebrows like a footballer (read: caveman). :D

BlackGrey
24-06-06, 11:15
Great Nigel, what is so scary?

Ampersand
24-06-06, 11:17
Erm...the kid's face, the blank expression of the doll...and the fact that small children and dolls are creepy enough as it is... :cln:

BlackGrey
24-06-06, 11:20
No really I don't find this painting creepy.

Prince of world
24-06-06, 11:27
at the forst time i though that's not scary at all
but after i take a look more, i think that pic is a lil bit creepy

viper456
24-06-06, 11:27

read the story. its supposed to be haunted.

Ampersand
24-06-06, 11:28

Hm, use your imagination. :D

Elysia
24-06-06, 11:41
It's trying to hard to fit into that 'creepy' category (rather like Marliyn Manson... ;) ) to be taken that seriously, imo. Yes, the dolls face is kind of creepy, but is it *generically* creepy - people don't like dolls, so they painted a creepy doll. The boys features are exaggerated to make them look odd, which makes us feel uncomfortable (whether we like it or not (no matter how un-PC it is), human's find disfigurement etc. unsettling). And as for the hands... :whi: Been done before. everyone has included something like this in the attempt to draw something 'creepy'. Hell, even I drew a waterfall that was composed of hands and screaming faces at the age of 14 (I remember distinctly trying to draw it because I wanted to draw something 'creepy' - it didn't really work...) but it is the staple of art of this kind.

Now, the likes of Doré... he was good at creepy! A lot of the old medieval stuff was pretty good, too. Full of misshapen gargoyles and lost souls...

viper456
24-06-06, 11:52
It's trying to hard to fit into that 'creepy' category (rather like Marliyn Manson... ;) ) to be taken that seriously, imo. Yes, the dolls face is kind of creepy, but is it *generically* creepy - people don't like dolls, so they painted a creepy doll. The boys features are exaggerated to make them look odd, which makes us feel uncomfortable (whether we like it or not (no matter how un-PC it is), human's find disfigurement etc. unsettling). And as for the hands... :whi: Been done before. everyone has included something like this in the attempt to draw something 'creepy'. Hell, even I drew a waterfall that was composed of hands and screaming faces at the age of 14 (I remember distinctly trying to draw it because I wanted to draw something 'creepy' - it didn't really work...) but it is the staple of art of this kind.

Now, the likes of Doré... he was good at creepy! A lot of the old medieval stuff was pretty good, too. Full of misshapen gargoyles and lost souls...

but its supposed to be haunted. Its not just based on the appearance of the picture

did anyone actually read the article?? this was quite fun to start with :( its excitments gone now its just another stupid picture , :mad:

viper456
24-06-06, 11:52
double post sorry

Jebus
24-06-06, 12:43
cool, great find man, never heard of it before!

Mad Tony
24-06-06, 13:00
but what about that man who said he caught the picture on his webcam and said that the boy was forced of the picture from the little girl?

Lara Croft Fan Joe
24-06-06, 13:03
i'm scared now...it says people have experienced things after viewing it over the internet

Mad Tony
24-06-06, 13:05
i'm scared now...it says people have experienced things after viewing it over the internet

and did you experience anything after viewing it? it didn't

Lara Croft Fan Joe
24-06-06, 13:06
and did you experience anything after viewing it? it didn't
I just looked at it now!:(... i'm not going to let it bother me

Paperdoll
24-06-06, 13:06
but its supposed to be haunted. Its not just based on the appearance of the picture

did anyone actually read the article?? this was quite fun to start with :( its excitments gone now its just another stupid picture , :mad:

Just because the guy says it's haunted, it doesn't mean it is. There have been hundreds of hoaxes through the years and I wouldn't be surprised that this was just another one. I don't believe that the kid came out of the painting unless I saw it because it could be nothing more than a seller's strategy.

Mad Tony
24-06-06, 13:07
Just because the guy says it's haunted, it doesn't mean it is. There have been hundreds of hoaxes through the years and I wouldn't be surprised that this was just another one. I don't believe that the kid came out of the painting unless I saw it because it could be nothing more than a seller's strategy.

I'd never thought of that, still its quite creepy though

Paperdoll
24-06-06, 13:09
Try researching on it, most of the supposed "occurences" are either hoaxes or the product of a very fertile imagination. It's like those chain mails that say that if you don't resend them in a space of time, a girl with no eyes, etc etc etc, will come out of your mirror and kill you... right :rolleyes:

Mad Tony
24-06-06, 13:11
Try researching on it, most of the supposed "occurences" are either hoaxes or the product of a very fertile imagination. It's like those chain mails that say that if you don't resend them in a space of time, a girl with no eyes, etc etc etc, will come out of your mirror and kill you... right :rolleyes:

ahhhh!!!!!! a girl with no eyes!!!!!!!!!!:vlol:

why is it always a little creepy girl?

Titanium
24-06-06, 13:13
Thats creepy :eek:

Paperdoll
24-06-06, 13:13
Kids are creepy :p

viper456
24-06-06, 13:48

no imagination or belief *rolls eyes*

CuteKittenlol
24-06-06, 13:56
ewwwww thats creepy, that girl had no eye-balls lol :p

Paperdoll
24-06-06, 14:26
no imagination or belief *rolls eyes*

Just because I said that, doesn't mean I don't believe in ghosts. But it takes more than someone saying that some kid came out of a painting to make me believe, specially when it's being used as a sales argument.

Elysia
24-06-06, 14:35
Just because I said that, doesn't mean I don't believe in ghosts. But it takes more than someone saying that some kid came out of a painting to make me believe, specially when it's being used as a sales argument.
Exactly, I'd actually be more inclined to believe that it was haunted if it wasn't obviously trying so hard to be scary in the first place.

Maybe ghosts have a well developed sense of the cliche...

BoyTRaider
24-06-06, 15:01
For some creepy reason, I started laughing histerically when I first looked at the pic. :vlol:

Ampersand
24-06-06, 15:03
For some creepy reason, I started laughing histerically when I first looked at the pic. :vlol:

Demonic possession! :D The pic is haunted for sure. :p

Tombreaper
24-06-06, 15:52
Creepy? Haunted? Mja, not really:cln:

dbot
24-06-06, 16:29
if it was really haunted, why would they sell it on ebay? If i had a haunted painting and wanted it out of my house, id go throw it in a river or something.

Unless...they tried that, and it came back. Then the boy in the painting came out and started threatening people, saying he'd consume the little girl if they tried to get rid of him again.

seriously though, thats a creepy ass painting.

TR luver7
24-06-06, 16:36
yea that freaked me out....couldnt look at it for long....lol :D

Natla'd
24-06-06, 20:24
Wow, that is quite a creepy picture.

I got one of those, the day before my birthday! Charming, eh? ;)

Betal
24-06-06, 20:25
looks strange

TombRaiderLover
24-06-06, 21:14
Rargh!

Geck-o-Lizard
24-06-06, 21:21
If they caught the boy on camera when he was "climbing out the painting", why didn't the seller put the photo on his advert...? They're so desperate to convince everyone of the painting's powers they forgot to include the proof of it they claim they have. :rolleyes:

I'm not even opposed to a good ghost story or haunting, but this one's a moneymaking hoax.

TombRaiderLover
24-06-06, 21:25
If they caught the boy on camera when he was "climbing out the painting", why didn't the seller put the photo on his advert...? They're so desperate to convince everyone of the painting's powers they forgot to include the proof of it they claim they have. :rolleyes:

I'm not even opposed to a good ghost story or haunting, but this one's a moneymaking hoax.
He did put the photo on the advert.

Geck-o-Lizard
24-06-06, 21:31
No photos that I saw... I saw two pictures that looked like UV-reactive paint had been brushed over the doll's shadowed areas (that wouldn't leave visible residue as it might if brushed on a lighter area) and the seller photographed it with a blacklight shone on it. I used UV-reactive paint in my Higher design project and it looks a lot like that.

Capt. Murphy
24-06-06, 23:21
A very interesting painting. :D Light is shown on the boys face, the boy has a very stone-cold / serious expression, the emptyness of the doll without the eyes, then the small hands on the glass engulfed in darkness... sheer, utter darkness that is sooo deep.... only lit by a small, faint distant crescent moon. There is a contrast of one side of the door and... THE OTHER SIDE *woooohhh!*.

As for the possibility of any evilness to it or a curse or it being haunted...:rolleyes: I would doubt it but it could be possible. It's obviously inspired by a dream or a vision. That's just what I feel.

And the lighting trick... I'd believe this to be diliberate... or it could have been painted with the blood of a child. Organic compounds can glow under a black light like that. :eek: So if it was painted with blood or something... then yeah. I'd guess the painting would have to be cursed.

:D

If I had the painting I'd keep it covered by a black sheet or something. :cln:

edit: Oh. I believe the children on the other side of the door are dead.

viper456
24-06-06, 23:36

which means you have no belief or imagination...which is what i said...

Paperdoll
24-06-06, 23:45
It's not a matter of having belief or imagination. Like I've said, there have been tons of hoaxes like this, proved scientifically that they were fake. This person, the seller of the painting, said that he/she even recorded proof of the said ghost, yet we see no evidence of it. And they're proclaiming its supposed "ghost" a little way too much to be believable.

It's a matter of common sense, not of "belief or imagination". I know that if I'd have a haunted painting on my house, I wouldn't wait for someone to buy it, I'd get rid of it as soon as I could.

viper456
25-06-06, 00:24
so you have no belief..your just being sceptical lmao

Paperdoll
25-06-06, 00:40
I would be skeptical if I said that I didn't believe in the haunting of this paiting, no matter which cirumstances. But that's not what I'm saying. re-read my posts, along with Elysia's, Geck-o-Lizard's, etc, and maybe you'll finally get what I mean. I'm getting sick of people misunderstanding my posts *sigh*

viper456
25-06-06, 00:57
I would be skeptical if I said that I didn't believe in the haunting of this paiting, no matter which cirumstances. But that's not what I'm saying. re-read my posts, along with Elysia's, Geck-o-Lizard's, etc, and maybe you'll finally get what I mean. I'm getting sick of people misunderstanding my posts *sigh*

stop always being negative then. I read your posts fine thanks

Paperdoll
25-06-06, 01:00
I'm not being negative, I'm just saying what I think. And from what you've said, I got the impression that you weren't reading my posts properly, that's all. But anyway, enough of me being negative *sigh* -.-

Capt. Murphy
25-06-06, 01:06
This is all part of the curse of the evil haunted painting!!! :yik:

:vlol:

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-06-06, 01:27
I'm too chicken to look... Been scared by online things all too often. :D

Paperdoll
25-06-06, 01:51
This is all part of the curse of the evil haunted painting!!! :yik:

:vlol:

I'm starting to think that too :vlol:

viper456
25-06-06, 02:48
I'm too chicken to look... Been scared by online things all too often. :D

i think you should look :D lol its nothign that will jump out at you or make you scream or anything! promise! its just abit freaky if you read the story behind the painting :)

BoyTRaider
25-06-06, 03:51
Demonic possession! :D The pic is haunted for sure. :p
Nah, it's just that doll's expression is hilarious and so is the look of the boy's face. I just wonder how the author of the painting got inspired...

Tathra
25-06-06, 04:18
its a tad disturbing in a melancholy way......not plesant to look at. But not too scary either.

and to everyone who dosent understand where the pic of the girl holding the gun and forcing the boy out of the painting is, its not physically happening, its just that if you look at what she's holding in her hand in the last pictures, it connects with the window frame, which forms the barrel of an antique looking gun.......talk about anit-climax! (and a clever artisit, I believe)

kangaxx
25-06-06, 06:24
well, hoax or not, it is creepy!! and have a strong essence of Dementia:tea:

Lone Raider
25-06-06, 09:46
well it's certainly a statement of a not-too-happy artist... therefore I don't really like it.
But I think there are a lot of really clever hoaxes about, I've personally received a quite disturbing video a couple of days ago where a streetmagician actually ... splits a person in two... two women are holding onto her hands and feet, she's stretched out on a bench, the magician kind of knocks on her belly, the two women pull, and she falls apart. The rest of the video shows everyone screaming, including the split women, who then, screaming, "runs" away on her arms. (No blood is seen at any time)

There are a couple of subtle clues but this hoax would require two people, one without legs, and one without a top body or so, because the feet actually keep on moving as the bottom body is lying on the bench.

This REALLY freaked me out, yet I still think it's a hoax, especially because the camera was spot on in the video, showing even the "run" of the woman's upper half from a convenient angle. This is what I think gives it away as set up.
Still, it's sick.