PDA

View Full Version : I closed the Captains of Crunch No 1 gripper today!!

Hurrah4Lara
24-06-06, 20:28
Yes I did! :jmp:
Anyone here know what on earth I am talking about?:vlol:

If you don't: It is a hand grip, their easiest "serious" gripper. Most women cannot close it, and even some quite strong men cannot. I did it with my left hand, but can't even get close with my right.:hea:

I have strong hands for a woman - mainly from playing rock piano :D!!!

H4L:wve:

Capt. Murphy
24-06-06, 23:31
I have no idea what this is but after having read the topic... *goes to get bathroom scale, squeezes, comes back to post* I held my bathroom scale in my hands and squeezed it with 180 lbs of pressure. That's about 10 to 15 more lbs than I weigh. :o

A number of years back I might have been able to get more pressure when I used to do a lot of chin-ups.

DragonDan
25-06-06, 00:06
They have those for guitarists too. Never spent much time with them, strength is fine, but control over that strength is more important.

Keep playing piano!!

Hurrah4Lara
25-06-06, 14:10
I held my bathroom scale in my hands and squeezed it with 180 lbs of pressure. That's about 10 to 15 more lbs than I weigh. :o

Woah Capt. M, you are strong! The #1 gripper is 140 lbs, so you might be able to close the #2 which is 195 lbs :cool:! By the way, only a handful of people have ever closed the #4, which is 365 lbs :yik:!!

strength is fine, but control over that strength is more important.

Well said :cool:, DragonDan. I recognise you as a student of unarmed combat :).

H4L:wve: (Jessika)