PDA

View Full Version : Just bought MGS3 today.

Angel666
25-06-06, 03:24
And I have one thing to say: Snake, is a badass. I love this game so much. The cutscene fights are just amazing and although the camera is a bit wonky, hiding from enemies is truly a challenge. I'm not very far in but I can barely put it down. :D

dbot
25-06-06, 05:15
mgs3 is one of my favorite games of all time, and one of two to ever make me cry. You've just bought yourself a gem of a game.

Alive_and_Funky
25-06-06, 10:26
I've played MGS3 but I'm currently waiting for the director's cut version, Subsistence. Come on, Konami! Can't you hurry it up? US have had it since March and Europe still don't have it :mad: .

Mad Tony
25-06-06, 11:17
I've played MGS3 but I'm currently waiting for the director's cut version, Subsistence. Come on, Konami! Can't you hurry it up? US have had it since March and Europe still don't have it :mad: .

I'm waiting for Subsistence aswell, it looks really good

Alive_and_Funky
25-06-06, 11:23
I'm waiting for Subsistence aswell, it looks really good

I've been waiting since March last year :mad: .

Rivendell
25-06-06, 12:23
I've just peeked at some pics of MGS3 on IGN, can someone tell me what the costume change / face painting is all about? :tmb:

G-Paul
25-06-06, 12:32
Not much of a diff as far as the main game is concerned.The free camera system makes everything much more immersive, not to mention the fact that spotting enemies will become a joke.

TombRaiderLover
25-06-06, 13:01
:) Is it really that good????

I have MGS 1 and 2.

G-Paul
25-06-06, 13:46
It pretty much kicks ass...

da tomb raider!
25-06-06, 13:47
Well, I have MGS2, anyway...

lee32uk
25-06-06, 22:38
I bought this game a month or so ago, but havent played it yet as Final Fantasy X is hogging the PS2.

Reggie
25-06-06, 22:50
can someone tell me what the costume change / face painting is all about? :tmb:

That's to do with the stealth system, because you're mostly out in the jungle there's no where to hide so camouflage plays a big part in keeping you hidden from enemies. Depending on where you are, you may have to change face pain/Costume to keep you remaning well hidden. It's a really good system and requires some strategic thinking. :)

Titanium
26-06-06, 00:18
MGS3 is a brilliant game, have fun :tmb:

ILG49ers
26-06-06, 00:27
Glad you are enjoying it, it's a great game! :tmb: Trust me, it keeps getting better and better as you go along! :D

Angel666
26-06-06, 01:45
The only thing that's bothering me is that I have a hard time telling the blond women apart. Is that one Eva? No, Boss? Eva? Boss?

Tombreaper
26-06-06, 01:54
The only thing that's bothering me is that I have a hard time telling the blond women apart. Is that one Eva? No, Boss? Eva? Boss?

:cln: :cln:

MGS3 brilliant :tmb:

Angel666
27-06-06, 03:58
This is a hard game. Is there any way to get into the laboratory (not the run down one) where they are keeping Solokov after you defeat The Pain (Bee dude in the watery cavern) without interrogating the gaurd cause every time I try to interrogate him I wind up killing him on accident. Is there a trick or what?

dbot
27-06-06, 04:20
You dont have to interrogate anyone. After you beat The Pain, keep going until you get outside, where youll be in a small river full of fish with trees all along the side. Go down this river until you come to what you may or may not notice is a fork. To the left is a small area where you can pick up a sniper rifle (if you miss it, you can pick it up later), but the main path to the right goes into another area where a cutscene occurs with Volgin, Whatsherface, Sokolov, and eventually a soldier rolls out The End in the wheelchair. Make your way onto the platform where everything took place, and then proceed up the small steps and inside the structure

And yeah, interrogating/holding people up takes a bit of a gentle touch. I remember in MGS2 when i would pull an M4 on someones back, and it would be like

Raiden: FRE-BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

Angel666
27-06-06, 19:24
Yeah, after the creepy guy in the wheel chair comes out you go through the compound and through the woods with all kinds of traps where you come to the exterior of the compound where they are keeping solokov. There are two gaurds and a dog behind an electric fence. I killed the people and the dog and tried to go through the door on the side but it was locked so I called Major and he said try to interrogate them but I cant cause they're dead.

dbot
27-06-06, 19:37
On the far left wall that you face in that area, theres a crawlspace that you can crawl through. I think its partly covered by plants so its sorta hard to see. I think thats the only way in but im not sure. Its on the wall exactly opposite the locked door (100th post...yeehaw.)

Angel666
28-06-06, 06:11
Yeah, but how do I get into the compound?

dbot
28-06-06, 15:39
If your talking about the building you see after that little crawlspace, just go in through a door, or get caught wearing the scientist uniform, and they'll take you to the prison

Agent 47
28-06-06, 15:49
this is without doubt the best game i ever played

played it 3 times thought it was that good.......let the good times roll Snake, ROCK ON!!!!!!

sorry folks, but this game does indeed kick ass:jmp:

Catapharact
28-06-06, 16:41
And I have one thing to say: Snake, is a badass. I love this game so much. The cutscene fights are just amazing and although the camera is a bit wonky, hiding from enemies is truly a challenge. I'm not very far in but I can barely put it down. :D

I recommend you give MGS: Twin Snakes a try :) 9if you have game cube.) Its worth the play. Trust me.

Alive_and_Funky
28-06-06, 16:55
I recommend you give MGS: Twin Snakes a try :) 9if you have game cube.) Its worth the play. Trust me.

I recommend it too. I love that game.

DragonDan
28-06-06, 16:58
although the camera is a bit wonky, hiding from enemies is truly a challenge.

The new version of this game, Subsistence, has fixed the wonky camera. It should be fun!

Alive_and_Funky
28-06-06, 16:59
The new version of this game, Subsistence, has fixed the wonky camera. It should be fun!

Shame it's not out yet in Europe. Delayed... again :mad: .

Angel666
28-06-06, 23:18
I don't have a GC. :( Is subsistence an entirely revamped version or an expansion pack? I'll try the scientist thing.

Angel666
28-06-06, 23:58
If your talking about the building you see after that little crawlspace, just go in through a door, or get caught wearing the scientist uniform, and they'll take you to the prison

OK, the door is locked and when I put the scientist uniform on they just opened fire and killed me. I'm at Graniny Gorki Lab: Exterior.

dbot
29-06-06, 00:22
OK, the door is locked and when I put the scientist uniform on they just opened fire and killed me. I'm at Graniny Gorki Lab: Exterior.

Which door are you trying to go into? Theres a front door which i think is locked, but to the right of the front door there should be another door that wont be locked

Also when putting on the scientist uniform, make sure you take your facepaint off, too.

dbot
29-06-06, 00:28
I should also say in the NE corner of the area is a small warehouse containing the M16, and various bits of ammo and stuff. Definately wanna grab that one, if you havent already

Agent 47
29-06-06, 00:40
Shame it's not out yet in Europe. Delayed... again :mad: .

it is alledgidly out here in September/October time...but we all know game slippage is an ass

Angel666
29-06-06, 01:33
OK, got through to Gronin (is that his name?) The drunk guy anyway. Just defeated the Fear too. HOLY CRAP. What a nutjob. :yik:

EDIT: I'm now at The End. Any advice you would care to give would be appreciated since I'm getting my ass kicked by a senior citizen. :hea:

dbot
29-06-06, 03:37
OK, got through to Gronin (is that his name?) The drunk guy anyway. Just defeated the Fear too. HOLY CRAP. What a nutjob. :yik:

EDIT: I'm now at The End. Any advice you would care to give would be appreciated since I'm getting my ass kicked by a senior citizen. :hea:

The End is such an open ended fight. Whichever way you pick, use your map. Possible sniping points are indicated by a white circle, and he will pick one of these to use against you.

You can use the sniper rifle, by getting a vantage point, and checking the sniping points. You can also get him to reveal his position by getting him to fire at you. At which point check your map. The location he's firing from will turn from a white circle to a red one. In any case, youll want to use your map in this one.

My preferred way was to use the shotgun. I would check the map, and check his sniping spots. Once i thought i found him, i would sneak REAL quietly up behind him, and pop him.

If you DO manage to sneak up on him, hold him up. He will put his hands up. Fire a few rounds off (NOT IN HIM) to show him you mean business, and he'll say something like "here you go..." and give you his camo. Then pop him all you like. If you defeat him with the tranquilizer gun, youll recieve his sniper rifle.

Another lazy way to beat him is to save the game, and then turn your ps2's clock one week forward. He will have died of old age, saving you the trouble of fighting him, but there's just no sport in that.

Once he starts to run off, follow as fast as you can, as he leaves footprints. If you have the thermal goggles, they come in very handy right here.

There's no one way to defeat him, so pick whichever way works best for you.

Also, in the small warehouse in this area, resting on the roof is his parrot. Do with it what you will, if you so please.

And they weren't kidding about this being a long battle....

Angel666
29-06-06, 04:29
I know, jeez. I've been at this for an hour. A great battle though. I only just manage to pop a few rounds in him when he tried to sneak behind me but he was weezing so loud I turned around and there he was. I yelled cause I wasn't expecting him and he is a creepy looking dude. He kinda looks like an even older version of my grandpa. :yik:

dbot
29-06-06, 05:59
yeah man you gotta be careful, or else he'll sneak up on you. If your lucky, you can catch him while he's changing sniping positions. That makes for some cool action, while your shooting off rounds from you 1911, while he's running, and your rounds are slamming into trees and stuff. Hideo Kojima is a genius.

Angel666
29-06-06, 19:54
SNIPINGS GOT A NEW FATHER NOW! I am so proud of myself for beating him. :jmp: Took two hours and one shot from the sniper rifle. :jmp: His stamina was almost gone and he was saying "weeze This is the end weeze weeze" so I got his general direction with the mic and then found the bugger with heat vision. Got him with one headshot. I only got thrown in prison once too! :yah: :jmp: :yah:

G-Paul
29-06-06, 20:07
SNIPINGS GOT A NEW FATHER NOW! I am so proud of myself for beating him. :jmp: Took two hours and one shot from the sniper rifle. :jmp: His stamina was almost gone and he was saying "weeze This is the end weeze weeze" so I got his general direction with the mic and then found the bugger with heat vision. Got him with one headshot. I only got thrown in prison once too! :yah: :jmp: :yah:
What if I told you that this battle is optional.......?

Angel666
29-06-06, 20:10
I was tempted to turn the clock forward but I wanted to finish this withought cheating. And in the specials menu it says photos. Whats this about? Can you take photos or something? :confused:

G-Paul
29-06-06, 20:11
Sure you can........mgs 2 had this cool feature.....some photos had "ghosts"...images of the producers....dunno if it applies to mgs3 as well

Agent 47
29-06-06, 20:18
I was tempted to turn the clock forward but I wanted to finish this withought cheating. And in the specials menu it says photos. Whats this about? Can you take photos or something? :confused:

cheating is for saps....well done Angel:D

G-Paul
29-06-06, 20:56
It's more like an easter egg

Angel666
29-06-06, 23:01
I'm at the Fury now. Yikes. :yik: Thanks Agent 47 and G-paul. :hug:

dbot
29-06-06, 23:01

yeah, you get a camera that you can take pictures of whatever you want....its a series trademark or tradition or whatever. I was quite the photographer in MGS2, but i think the only picture i took in mgs3 was of a frog. As far as i know there's no rewards for the camera or anything, just for your own amusement

And as for the battle being optional, its a mandatory battle, but you can kill The End way before your supposed to fight him. Back in the small stream after you fight The Pain, you can go to the left in that fork and into another area where you can pick up the sniper rifle early. Continue on into the area your supposed to go into, and watch the cutscene where the soldier rolls The End out in the wheelchair. After the scene ends, you can quickly pull out your sniper rifle and kill him. His voice resounds saying THE END, and he explodes, and a wheel from his chair flies out and hits you.

Where you fought The End, you instead fight several squads of GRU soldiers. Id recommend it on your next playthrough, because fighting the GRU soldiers is pretty damn fun, not to mention exponentially faster

Angel666
29-06-06, 23:39
The Fury was easy. :D Now it's finding that guy thats difficult. :( This place is huge!

dbot
30-06-06, 01:30
Once you get to Grozny Grad (sp?), there are two new weapons you can get, the M60 or 63...i forget which one....a machine gun.

and a small machine pistol called the Scorpion or something like that.

The M63 is in a small building to the north of the area with the rows of half tracks. This is a really really cool gun and one your definately gonna want to pick up. (Go full auto on a group of soldiers for a little extra feature)

The Scorpion is in a storage room once you get inside the fortress. You can only get in as an officer, so try to get an officer to open the door, or go in once your disguised as Raikov. (You may just need to be wearing the officers uniform.) Its in the very first area your in once you enter the fortress. Its not as cool as the M63, but it does have a laser sight, and its another automatic in your arsenal.

Angel666
30-06-06, 04:56
Cool, thanks. We just crashed our motorcycle and EVA got scabobbed. What do I do when I have no food left? If I quit will she get her stamina up again like snake or what?

dbot
30-06-06, 06:19
if you run out of food, look for animals or plants to feed her. I really dont know if her energy gets restored if you quit, to be honest. I would assume so, however. Unfortunately EVAs stamina drains aggravatingly slow, so youll want to be catching as many animals as you can.

Angel666
30-06-06, 20:26
Just finished. What a twist. Poor snake. Molested, tortured, half blind, loved up and robbed. I'm kinda confused. Was the boss his mother or not? And I wasnt very happy with my end results.

Difficulty: Very Easy (First MG for me)
Play Time: 59:20:00 (I have a bad habit of just pausing and leaving it on while doing something else)
Save: 33 Times
Continue: 9 Times
Alert Mode: 27 Times
Humans Killed: 120 People
Seriously Injured: 54 Times
Life Medicine Used: 0 Times
Plants and Animals Captured: 22 Kinds
Meals Eaten: 30 Meals
Special Item: EZ Gun
Title: Koala :vlol: I cant help but laugh. I'm a Koala!

Agent 47
30-06-06, 20:42
Just finished. What a twist. Poor snake. Molested, tortured, half blind, loved up and robbed. I'm kinda confused. Was the boss his mother or not? And I wasnt very happy with my end results.

Difficulty: Very Easy (First MG for me)
Play Time: 59:20:00 (I have a bad habit of just pausing and leaving it on while doing something else)
Save: 33 Times
Continue: 9 Times
Alert Mode: 27 Times
Humans Killed: 120 People
Seriously Injured: 54 Times
Life Medicine Used: 0 Times
Plants and Animals Captured: 22 Kinds
Meals Eaten: 30 Meals
Special Item: EZ Gun
Title: Koala :vlol: I cant help but laugh. I'm a Koala!

no...the Boss is Adamaska's mother (Ocelot)

nice in game stats you have for a first timer :jmp:

Angel666
30-06-06, 21:11
Does it ever say that? :confused: Hmm. The Boss kinda looks like my ninth grade English teacher. Thanks Agent 47. I was mainly just unhappy with my time.

Agent 47
30-06-06, 21:45
Does it ever say that? :confused: Hmm. The Boss kinda looks like my ninth grade English teacher. Thanks Agent 47. I was mainly just unhappy with my time.

yeah i read it on the Kojima blog, plus the plot line in the story

The Boss & The Sorrow had a son, the baby was brought up elsewhere.........Adamaska

i like Ocelot, you're never quite sure who's side he's on, such are the plot twists lol

i still maintain it's the best game i've played.....it was nice to give Big Boss a story and i hope the sequal on PSP is good "Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops" :D