PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden Black

Catapharact
25-06-06, 18:59
Personally, I haven't seen a game that masterfully blends actrobatics and platforming that good since Prince of Persia.

The main character of the game is the answer to all my hopes of showing a more "accurate" proportion of what kind of physical state is needed of heft big weapons (and not some Final Fantasy Fashion disasters.)

Anyway, the game is quite the ride. You play as Ryu Hayabusa (quite the guy) in his quest to destroy the dark dragon blade, with the assistance of Ayane (a female Ninja, and by far the perfect secondary voice of the game. Why can't there be more female characters like her...) and Ryu's uncle, Maurai (Who I think brews his own batch of steriods in secreat cause the guy is HUGE!)

Me persoanlly couldn't finish the game for one reason.... The decapitation depicted in the game is too gory... (personal matters that I don't wanna get into.)

Apart from that, no complaints at all. Ryu is the type of character that could be called the "perfect Protagonist." He didn't waver from the goal of his mission at all; Not even developed a love interest (That's because he later on finds the love of his life in DOA ;). )

A masterful game.

http://www.gamasutra.com/gdc2005/features/20050308/ninja_gaiden.jpg

http://wallpapers.gamexc.com/albums/xbox/normal_NinjaGaiden02_by_Phanatica.jpg

badboy70
25-06-06, 19:01
i have hear of it but i can't remember what it was

BlackGrey
25-06-06, 19:34
I guess you like men in hot black leather armour that shows their muscles? Trying to say something Catapharact?

Catapharact
25-06-06, 19:38
I guess you like men in hot black leather armour that shows their muscles? Trying to say something Catapharact?

Right, you read my mind. How can a guy pass up on a mound of muscles like that? :whi:

Hmmmm, maybe my first post was a bit too technical:

Short points:

1) Great game.
2) Good main character.
3) Great Acrobats and sword slashing (minus the decapitations.)

Sure beats final fantasy.

G-Paul
25-06-06, 20:38
Oh yeah.......one of my fav action games.I bought an Xbox just for this one and Doa.
First time through I was left speechless.....I may be a hardcore gamer....but the level of difficulty for this game is insane....even on Normal, due to a very weird learning curve.But as soon as I masterd the basics......man...this game "flows" like Dead or Alive.No wonder the same developer was behind it.
Right now I'm struggling with very hard mode....and so far......I find this game to be THE MOST DEMANDING THING EVER.Devil may cry is child's play compared to this mode.

[QUOTE=Catapharact]Me persoanlly couldn't finish the game for one reason.... The decapitation depicted in the game is too gory... [QUOTE]

I'd really like to know more.....after all....it's a frikkin game....

Soma Holiday
25-06-06, 21:04
I just bought black, but I'd played the original so many times before...great game, and fun once you master it...I haven't played DOA however...but I do like ryu alot, so I should probably pick one of them up. ;) I'm hoping to start black soon....

Catapharact
25-06-06, 21:17
I'd really like to know more.....after all....it's a frikkin game....

Not so fun when you actually witness one in real life, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

BlackGrey
25-06-06, 21:21
Right, you read my mind. How can a guy pass up on a mound of muscles like that? :whi:

You know they add a few extra hours to gameplay just because some guys, like you, spend those extra hours just droolin' at those lovely acrobatics' and those big muscular arms. *Raises eyebrows* 'Ey Catapharact?

G-Paul
25-06-06, 21:22
Not so fun when you actually witness one in real life, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Oh...bummer......I regret asking now:)

Capt. Murphy
25-06-06, 21:59
.....3) Great Acrobats and sword slashing (minus the decapitations.)

Sure beats final fantasy.There is another game franchise called Tenchu. It's pretty gory. I guess if you don't like decapitations then that is a very bad game. :(

There's another Ninja game called Shinobido Imashime. If you haven't heard of it - (and I'm almost sure you have... or if you haven't) you should check it out. I've never played it but some of the stuff in it reminds me of prince of persia. Well, the wall running anyway. It's also supposed to have some really cool physics.

edit: Hey ya know, almost any game with a Ninja in it is cool in my opinion.

Catapharact
25-06-06, 22:48
There is another game franchise called Tenchu. It's pretty gory. I guess if you don't like decapitations then that is a very bad game. :(

Yep, heard of it but never touched it... :(. *Sigh* Some scars just run too deep.

There's another Ninja game called Shinobido Imashime. If you haven't heard of it - (and I'm almost sure you have... or if you haven't) you should check it out. I've never played it but some of the stuff in it reminds me of prince of persia. Well, the wall running anyway. It's also supposed to have some really cool physics.

Loved the original series :) (back in the days Lol!) Used to love taking choppers down with ninja stars :).

edit: Hey ya know, almost any game with a Ninja in it is cool in my opinion.

Yeppers. Two contendors for coolest ancient fighters in gaming series has to be Ninjas and Pirates. I am personally more of a Pirate fan Lol! (Captain Claw won me over,) but Ninjas such as Hayabusa really get my vote for taking on impossible odds (God! The man took on everything from demons to the army, to Gunships! Lol!)

Pipolinne
25-06-06, 22:52

And what about you,Blackgrey,trying to say something?

Catapharact
25-06-06, 22:53
And what about you,Blackgrey,trying to say something?

Ignore it El Presidante. Would have given him a retort back, but then you gotta realize that he is a kid and I may get banned for being mean to him Lol!

Pipolinne
25-06-06, 22:56
Indeed,we must concentrate our efforts on getting rid of kurtis :D!

Catapharact
26-06-06, 14:44
Meh, the man is as good as gone Lol!

Anyway, yeah Ryu has a tight outfit on, but do remember that he is a modern Ninja. That tight outfit is called a "Sneaking Suit." Most infiltrators wear then since no one can hear the russle of cloths being fluttered around while the sneak though their environment.

He is a Ninja. Astetics don't really matter to him.

G-Paul
26-06-06, 14:55
Meh, the man is as good as gone Lol!

Anyway, yeah Ryu has a tight outfit on, but do remember that he is a modern Ninja. That tight outfit is called a "Sneaking Suit." Most infiltrators wear then since no one can hear the russle of cloths being fluttered around while the sneak though their environment.

He is a Ninja. Astetics don't really matter to him.
Dude....you should have seen the other 4 outfits for Ryu.......but then again....you'd have to beat the game like.....4 times......:D

Catapharact
26-06-06, 14:58
Oh that little Evil Demonic Outfit Lol! Yeah that one really looks... evil Lol! I heard there is this one of him as the futuristic Ninja. My friend told me he looks like a Hockey Golie Lol!

G-Paul
26-06-06, 15:01
Aaaa....I'm still working on that one........Very hard is really a bit:cen:

Catapharact
26-06-06, 15:31
Yeah, the game is killr even on Normal mode.

Here is something for the masses. I think I made a thread on it before, but meh. When it comes to Ninjitsu, Capoeira or any extreme form of martial arts, Team Ryoku is second to none ;).

Check these guys out:

http://www.archive.org/details.php?identifier=TeamRyoukoFridayNightMadnes s4

Capt. Murphy
26-06-06, 15:43
Catapharact. Read that again. :p I said Shinobido Imashime. That's not the same as Sega's Shinobi. It's a little more like Tenchu. A lot -in fact. It's what Osman/Cannon Dancer is to Strider... eh, nevermind. :o

http://www.shinobido.com/eng/summary.html

Here's another forum to do some reading up on the game.

http://p081.ezboard.com/ftenchustealthassassinsfrm41

Okay. So maybe it's a gory game. If that's not to your liking -then I can understand.

Be sure to say hi to the Blue Swordsman in that one forum.;) j/k

meansizzler
26-06-06, 15:49
Played the Japanese Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, great game, the UK version was awful, for the fact that it was cut, no headchopping so I never touched it, why did they do it, they pretty much ruined the whole experience, i mean for those who never played the us or japanese verison it won't bother them but for those that did, the headchopping adds to the atmosphere of the game, anyway need ot find a US version of black...

Grenade
26-06-06, 16:50
I've never played it before. I have DOA though. Ayane looks cute, she should have that outfit in the next DOA game.

thompa89
26-06-06, 17:42
i love ninja gaiden but its so hard!! Took a long time to complete it..

Capt. Murphy
26-06-06, 18:03
i love ninja gaiden but its so hard!! Took a long time to complete it..Just... "ninja gaiden". Do you mean the old 8-Bit NES version, or the arcade, or just another Ninja Gaiden on a current System?

The arcade version is hard (it's easy to die and you don't get many lives) eh hm.. as I was saying: ...I once borrowed my cousin's NES maybe around 13 or 15 years ago to play his copy of Ninja Gaiden. He could never get passed a certain point. So after a few days I brought it back to him. I had beaten the game. I don't think he was too happy about it. It being HIS game after all.

thompa89
26-06-06, 18:13
i mean the xbox version

Catapharact
26-06-06, 22:43
Catapharact. Read that again. :p I said Shinobido Imashime. That's not the same as Sega's Shinobi. It's a little more like Tenchu. A lot -in fact. It's what Osman/Cannon Dancer is to Strider... eh, nevermind. :o

http://www.shinobido.com/eng/summary.html

Here's another forum to do some reading up on the game.

http://p081.ezboard.com/ftenchustealthassassinsfrm41

Okay. So maybe it's a gory game. If that's not to your liking -then I can understand.

Be sure to say hi to the Blue Swordsman in that one forum.;) j/k

Lol! My mistake. Actually it looks quite interesting :). A more realistic setting is quite evident (Samurais and such.) I'll look into this and Tenchu as well :).

LOL! Welll, I'll hold up on joining the forum until I give the game a try, but sure I'll give Blue Swordsman a Holla once I do ;) Lol!

Catapharact
28-06-06, 19:25
Sorry for the double post but:

For those who haven't played the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyckCMZeOg&search=Ninja%20Gaiden

The usual warning; Violance and lots of it so plz, no minors. Apart from the obvious cutscenes, the rest of it is all actual gameplay footage.

I personally apologize on behalf of hte moof who decided to turn Ninja Gaiden into DDR with that music.