PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon

Alive_and_Funky
26-06-06, 16:32
Wimbledon has started today, but not much action has happened due to the rain. I'm hoping Tim Henman wins this year, as I always do. This will be Andre Agassi's last Wimbledon, announcing that he will be retiring after this year's US Open.

tlr online
26-06-06, 16:34
I love Wimbledon. Fereder was storming until rain stopped play. You know when Wimbledon has started coz it rains in London :p

Alive_and_Funky
26-06-06, 16:35
I wonder if there will ever be a rain free Wimbledon. Who do you want to win?

interstellardave
26-06-06, 16:36
Wow I'm so out of it these days! I like good tennis but I've lost track of it... so much so that I didn't even know Wimbledon was starting today. Who is the men's #1, Federer? And how about womens; Sharapova? I think they were number ones last I checked...

Mad Tony
26-06-06, 16:38
I wan't Tim Henman to win (becasue i'm English)

but if Tim Henman gets knocked out I wan't Layton Hewwit or Andy Roddick to win.

Alive_and_Funky
26-06-06, 16:41
I wan't Tim Henman to win (becasue i'm English)

but if Tim Henman gets knocked out I wan't Layton Hewwit or Andy Roddick to win.

Funny you say that since I'm a Hewitt fan and my sister's a Roddick fan.

tlr online
26-06-06, 16:52
Federer, coz he's a machine, just like Sampras before he retired. I'll route for Agassi also. Sorry, I may be British, but Tim isn't aggressive enough to win Wimbledon, no matter how many faces and how much attitude he slaps on.

As for the woman, that cutie Sharapova has got my vote. Again. ;)

Mad Tony
26-06-06, 16:54
Federer, coz he's a machine, just like Sampras before he retired. I'll route for Agassi also. Sorry, I may be British, but Tim isn't aggressive enough to win Wimbledon, no matter how many faces and how much attitude he slaps on.

I hate it when someonne like federer always wins! no one else ever wins!

Rivendell
Are the Williams sisters still playing? The height of their glory gave us some stunning matches :D

Alive_and_Funky

Federer doesn't even break a sweat!
My mum doesn't like Murray. She always wants him to lose :vlol: .

Greenkey2
26-06-06, 16:56
I only like Wimbledon because it coincides with strawberry season :cln:

I know I'm English and should support Henman, but he won't ever win this contest. He's too nice :pi:

Mad Tony
26-06-06, 16:56

I don't like Murray either, he wants anyone but England to win the World Cup!:mad:

same as you AaF, my mum dosen't want Murray to win either!

Alive_and_Funky
26-06-06, 16:58
My mum is reading a biography about Tim Henman at the moment. Did you know that he had a bone disorder?

mystic177
26-06-06, 17:01
Funny you say that since I'm a Hewitt fan and my sister's a Roddick fan.

and im a fan of both lol i dont want fedderer to win cuz he always does

Anubis_AF
26-06-06, 17:29
I hate Sharapova, she's awful. And I also hated Sampras when he used to play.
Martina Hingis is the one :tmb: She's the best IMO.

jarhead
26-06-06, 17:33
i love it, trying to get my mum to buy me tickets for 2007 womans finale for my birthday, and it does always rain, its not wimbledon without it.

i want a close final for both, but want federer for the mens and henin for the women. when i saw her play in 2001 i honestly thought she would win wimbledon. this better be her year. cant stand sharapova ( in it for the money i think). hingis isnt that bad but not my favoruite by far

tlr online
26-06-06, 17:35

He's a good tennis player, but he's a bit of an idiot with his "I'm not British" rants. I appreciate he's Scottish, but this kinda attitude only cements the rift.

Also. He's quick enough to take British prize money :)

Alive_and_Funky
26-06-06, 17:38
He's a good tennis player, but he's a bit of an idiot with his "I'm not British" rants. I appreciate he's Scottish, but this kinda attitude only cements the rift.

Also. He's quick enough to take British prize money :)

That's one reason why my mum doesn't like him. Murray also said that being British No. 1 didn't mean much to him. My mum doesn't like admitting he's a good player though :vlol: .

jarhead
26-06-06, 17:38
yer, and he looses his temper and swears. it adds excite ment but is it necessary. its only a game

Anubis_AF
26-06-06, 17:41
this better be her year. cant stand sharapova ( in it for the money i think).

Yes, that's it.

jarhead
26-06-06, 17:42
every other player plays the small tournaments between the grand slams and she doesnt. shes all happy to earn millions from advertising and all but what about the fans that hope to watch her play and are cionstantly upset that she dont turn up

interstellardave
26-06-06, 17:45
every other player plays the small tournaments between the grand slams and she doesnt. shes all happy to earn millions from advertising and all but what about the fans that hope to watch her play and are cionstantly upset that she dont turn up

Hmmmm... isn't that what the Williams sisters always did?

jarhead
26-06-06, 17:47
well kinda but they played some smaller tournamnets. maybe its just an age thing, the william sisters just have a laugh and see it as fun. but then sharapova comes across as arogant. she takes forever to serve and then tries to clencth her fist but cant do it porbaly and speaks in a boring robotic tone.

interstellardave
26-06-06, 17:51
Well it's all business when you get down to it. They are all free-agents and can do what they like, unlike if they were in a team sport. I'm sure they have to weigh their income vrs the wear and tear on their body/mind. And Sharapova is making money off of her looks--and who could blame her?! That's a fact of life and I wish I could make money off of my looks, LOL! The downside is that I think that staying out of the smaller competitions is what helped the Williams's to lose focus and slide down the rankings--same may happen to Sharapova.

jarhead
26-06-06, 17:54
IMO sharapova was a one trick pony. she hasnt won anything since. people think shes gonna win but she always fails. its ok to get to the final or semi's but thats not winning. a champoion continues to win. and venus is coming on form. she might win wimbledon but HENIN HENIN HENIN

interstellardave
26-06-06, 18:01
Funny thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw that Mauresmo is #1 and no-one has mentioned her yet!

jarhead
26-06-06, 18:03
shes one of those who gets really far and stumbles at the last hurdle. she played well at the asutralian but pressure gets to her. i hope she does win more grand slams. she deserves to be a porper champion