PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

Lara's Fan
26-06-06, 21:12
Let's disscuss about the silent games and or the movie.

For example, which silent hill game did you find the most scary/freaky out the series?

tr_mitch
26-06-06, 21:14
I brought silent hill 4, but found it hard and really creepy. so i took it back, got my money and treated myself to a mcdonalds :D

Lara's Fan
26-06-06, 21:19
Good call:)

Night Crawler
26-06-06, 21:19
I see McDonalds as more of a punishment.

Silent Hill 2 is definatly the best game in the series, storywise and it's just dripping with atmosphere. Oh, and Pyramid Head is a legend.

Lara's Fan
26-06-06, 21:24
I see McDonalds as more of a punishment.

Silent Hill 2 is definatly the best game in the series, storywise and it's just dripping with atmosphere. Oh, and Pyramid Head is a legend.

Oh i think pyramid head is awesome, i like the fact that you get to use his great knife for the playthrough. Though its hard to use.

Gothlegend
26-06-06, 21:28
I brought silent hill 4, but found it hard and really creepy. so i took it back, got my money and treated myself to a mcdonalds :D

wow,i'm only 11 and i beat all of them and never got scared but 3 was my personal fav. all of them were pretty sick tho. i lov silent hill. but the director of the movie basically made up there own story,thus causing it to get an o.k. rating in my opinion.

tr_mitch
26-06-06, 21:33
wow,i'm only 11 and i beat all of them and never got scared but 3 was my personal fav. all of them were pretty sick tho. i lov silent hill. but the director of the movie basically made up there own story,thus causing it to get an o.k. rating in my opinion.

The trailer at the start of the game scared me.... that monster with two arms... running around the corner.... shizzed me up for days!

Rivendell
26-06-06, 21:40
I've played 1 and 2 and the demo of The Room.

2 is definitely my fave, I just love the fact that it drove fear into my heart. The metaphors in the plot just left me reeling too, such a brilliant game! :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-06-06, 22:10
SH2 was by far the scariest, and definitely my favorite out of the series. Next I'd have to say SH4. I LOVE all of the games and I've played all of them. The movie was really good too. Not as scary as I was anticipating, but a very good storyline. The actors were phenomenal.

TrojanMan
26-06-06, 22:18
I own and have beaten them all multiple times, and Silent Hill 3 is my favorite.

Best graphics, best voice overs, best protagonist, least amount of street traveling and backtracking! Plus it continued Silent Hill 1's story excellently. Silent Hill 2 was really scary, but I didn't like any of the characters except Angela, and the gameplay was stupidly easy.

dbot
27-06-06, 04:48
i've played 1, 2, and The Room, but the only one i played to completion was 2. Thats gaming art, right there.

One of my favorite things about it was what determined the ending. Various little things you do all through the game determined the ending you got, for example, if you spent a lot of time with Maria you would start moving towards a different ending, along with keeping yourself in good health, and little things like that.

Yuyu
27-06-06, 05:02

dbot
27-06-06, 05:06
i hated those ghosts. They were creepy to a point, and then they just got frustrating. Plus when you had to re-do all the levels you just finished doing...i never finished The Room....and i guess i dont plan on it. Im in an awful save position...i have like, half of a little bar of health left, with no medkits...and theres two dogs outside the door im in.

VonCroy360
27-06-06, 07:25
I played the last two, cause I don't have a PS2...
I liked SH3 better, don't know why, I just loved it (one of my all time favourite games), the 4th one is also great, but I stillprefer the 3rd... :)

About the movie; I was so :mad: when I found out they won't be showing it in Croatia... :hea: