PDA

View Full Version : Strange phobia: Pickles

Thorir
26-06-06, 21:43
I found this very, very, very strange clip...

Poor girl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S89Y4shxtE

Lara Lover
26-06-06, 21:44
:eek:

Poor girl! :(

Ampersand
26-06-06, 21:47
Is this for real or what? :cln:

Lenochka
26-06-06, 21:49
Is this for real or what?

yes... im afraid it is...

wow... i feel so bad for her : (
i wouldnt pick on her. Im guessing something happend in her past that has to do with pickles... something tragic...

maury you stinkin idiot she is scared of them dont fricken bring them out and chase her with them!

Ampersand
26-06-06, 21:50
wow... i feel so bad for her : (
i wouldnt pick on her. Im guessing something happend in her past that has to do with pickles... something tragic...

I can't imagine. :pi: But seriously, is this real TV or a parody thing? I've never seen anything like it. :o

Thorir
26-06-06, 21:51
I can't imagine. :pi: But seriously, is this real TV or a parody thing? I've never seen anything like it. :o

I'm not sure either, but if not, she could become an actress.

tr_mitch
26-06-06, 21:51
LOL RUNS AWAY LIKE THE PICKLES TRYING TO KILL HER.... shouldnt really laugh... i feel sorry for her :(

SHE WAS CALLED THE PICKLE GIRL AT SCHOOL DAMN IT|!:hea: :hea:

MiCkiZ88
26-06-06, 21:55
I dont know what to do.. laugh or feel sorry for her.. :(
because I kinda feel both..

jarhead
26-06-06, 21:58
well poor girl but typical american TV. in england we would never send someone with a serious phobia ( they knew what happens when she saw a pickle) to a place full of the thing they fear. pathetic. do american producers have an obsession with reeling off programmes of poele crying and that

Ampersand
26-06-06, 22:03
Just looking up further Maury show clips on Youtube, and he's got people with all sorts of phobias - birds, mustard, balloons... I dunno if he's serious or not. :o

xMyrax
26-06-06, 22:04
Omg I feel so bad for her :( There are so many odd phobias like this one, I've seen a few on TV, one was a girl who has a phobia of vommit o_o

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-06-06, 22:06
Some people are afraid of the strangest things... But like Myra said, there are many odd ones. Poor girl. :(

TRhistorian
26-06-06, 22:09
Just looking up further Maury show clips on Youtube, and he's got people with all sorts of phobias - birds, mustard, balloons... I dunno if he's serious or not. :o

Sadly it is true. I have a bad phobia of bees but some people have phobias of tin foil. I have a close friend that has one of mayonaise. Its really bad knowing that things like this exist. I feel sorry for that girl.:(

Ampersand
26-06-06, 22:10
Sadly it is true. I have a bad phobia of bees but some people have phobias of tin foil. I have a close friend that has one of mayonaise. Its really bad knowing that things like this exist. I feel sorry for that girl.:(

Geez, that is awful. :( My dad's scared of dead birds. There was one right outside the patio door once (stupid cat from next door) and he couldn't eat after seeing it. :o

Jonnipants
26-06-06, 22:13
That was awful. He was like, abusing her and getting a kick out of it. :s

TRhistorian
26-06-06, 22:13
Geez, that is awful. :( My dad's scared of dead birds. There was one right outside the patio door once (stupid cat from next door) and he couldn't eat after seeing it. :o

Its a royal shame and I don't even think that theropy can help much. :(

TR luver7
26-06-06, 22:51
wow that was weird...i laughed a little but i knew it would have been mean if someone laughed at my phobia.....but i love pickles!!!! god maury is so mean bringing the pickles out!!!! grrr i would have kicked him lol i feel bad for her too :(

Legend of Lara
26-06-06, 22:54
Poor girl. :( This may not be appropriate to say but I wouldn't recommend McDonalds and Burger King to her.

egyptiangal
26-06-06, 23:01
imo: i dont think maury was trying to be mean by throwing the pickles in her face. he's just trying to help her become fearless of pickles. I dont know if its the right way of doing it but consider this, she would have had to agree on coming on the show right? So obviously she wants help and she wants to face her fears but she cant.

Night Crawler
26-06-06, 23:02
Im guessing something happend in her past that has to do with pickles... something tragic...Rofl?

*Throws pickle at her*

Legend of Lara
26-06-06, 23:04
Rofl?

*Throws pickle at her*

Now that wasn't very nice. :pi:

Night Crawler
26-06-06, 23:06
Now that wasn't very nice. :pi: I'm not a very nice person ;)

I just find some phobias hilarious, pathetic even! :D

viper456
26-06-06, 23:17
lmao its funny and so are the other phobias on there. But saying that it must be awful to be THAT affraid of something! hope they got their phobias sorted!

Andrea Lara
26-06-06, 23:20
I feel sorry for her :(

Titanium
27-06-06, 00:40
I just find some phobias hilarious, pathetic even! :D

You wouldnt exactly find them hilarious if you had the phobias :pi:

Poor girl. :(

Capt. Murphy
27-06-06, 01:01
These things... You can't help but to laugh :o since you know their fear is sooo irrational... But then you know deep down inside they have a real problem. You feel sorry for them and you want them to get better.:)

PirateRose
27-06-06, 01:13
Erm...I think, to me, it sounds like someone did something to her with a pickle when she was very young. If you catch my drift, and her mind tried to put it away because of how horrific the experience was, and just now she is horrified by pickles.

Lenochka
27-06-06, 01:24
Erm...I think, to me, it sounds like someone did something to her with a pickle when she was very young. If you catch my drift, and her mind tried to put it away because of how horrific the experience was, and just now she is horrified by pickles.

Anyways
I find it wrong that they chased her around with those pickles

Capt. Murphy
27-06-06, 01:37
I find it wrong that they chased her around with those pickles.That's Maury for you. That seems so sleazy - but it's only for entertainment. :pi: The other shows he has - like the pregnant mother who has no idea which of the 20 men she slept with could be the daddy. :rolleyes: Then there's the tranvestite parade... Or, I mean, "Is it a HE or a SHE?" You just know he's watching a tape of it all after the show and w:cen:ing off to it. And Connie Chung is dressed in leather with a whip. Trust me. They're both freaks. (This is only what I've heard :pi: )

PirateRose
27-06-06, 01:38

Anyways
I find it wrong that they chased her around with those pickles

Did you see the mustard one? XD they had a whole plate piled of mustard and chased the woman down.

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-06-06, 01:53
Maury makes me sick. Basically his show conveys people in a freakish manner. He acts as if he's trying to do something good, but most of the time his show is very patronizing. I was so angry when I saw those people trying to ge her near those pickles. What did Maury expect? Of course he knew she'd respond like that! He just wanted to make her look like a freak.

Prince of world
27-06-06, 02:57
oh my.... that video is poor :(

Lenochka
27-06-06, 03:11
Maury makes me sick. Basically his show conveys people in a freakish manner. He acts as if he's trying to do something good, but most of the time his show is very patronizing. I was so angry when I saw those people trying to ge her near those pickles. What did Maury expect? Of course he knew she'd respond like that! He just wanted to make her look like a freak.

indeed!
i completely agree he says he is trying to help them then he says stuff like " fear of pickles and mustart what is next " *smirk* like its a form of humor. he dosnt get it. these are actual fears these people have. So what does he do. Has his big huge scary men run after the people with what they fear. He is a really messed up guy and i have never liked him.

That's Maury for you. That seems so sleazy - but it's only for entertainment. The other shows he has - like the pregnant mother who has no idea which of the 20 men she slept with could be the daddy. Then there's the tranvestite parade... Or, I mean, "Is it a HE or a SHE?" You just know he's watching a tape of it all after the show and wing off to it. And Connie Chung is dressed in leather with a whip. Trust me. They're both freaks. (This is only what I've heard )

Yeah he loves having those He/She specials dosnt he

omg i wanted to look more into this... and they had a woman who was affraid of baloons. like being sufficated in baloons. she just fears them. Mary had a video and started playing it off people popping baloons and this woman started crying and ran from teh baloons. you know what they did. They :cen: cornered her. they blocked the way off the stage with baloons! what does he do!? he :cen: laughs and the crowd does to. They Fricken laugh at her! they did the same with another woman they cornered her with dogs! I know these people want help but... i just cant stand to see people in fear or crying... Its heartbreaking... maybe im just an oversensative guy but i think what he does to these people is wrong as mel said...

Genocide
27-06-06, 03:24
poor girl-what makes it worse is that the audience laughs at her, they should be ashamed with themselves

Lonely Istari
27-06-06, 03:30
EVERY time I watch (or flip channels and happen to see, b/c I never really watch that stupid show) Maury Povich its 90% of the time something about "Who is the father?"

Maury makes me sick as well. And this whole Pickle thing is just stupid. If she's that scared of pickles, why is he practically torturing her? Like that's really going to help! :rolleyes:

Lenochka
27-06-06, 03:31
Maury makes me sick as well. And this whole Pickle thing is just stupid. If she's that scared of pickles, why is he practically torturing her? Like that's really going to help! :rolleyes:

the description of that youtube video is literally " Another guest gets terrorized by the Maury staff. This time the guest is afraid of pickles. "

Lonely Istari
27-06-06, 03:33
the description of that youtube video is literally " Another guest gets terrorized by the Maury staff. This time the guest is afraid of pickles. "

lol. that's a good discription. I would be shocked to see an episode where the guest isn't flaling around in tears on the floor!

Lenochka
27-06-06, 03:38
lol. that's a good discription. I would be shocked to see an episode where the guest isn't flaling around in tears on the floor!

Indeed. He seems to like to upset people...

Jacob x5
27-06-06, 04:28
I don't think that guy is really the right person to do that kind of show. He's not exactly much help.

egyptiangal
27-06-06, 04:56
"In the case of 2 year old Lashawn....you ARE the father!!!" "BEEP BEEEP BEEEP I knew it i knew it!!! Beeep beeep beeep" "No that ain' mine...that nose aint mine girl...look at da face, that don' look like me"

that was my imitation of the maury povich show.

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-06-06, 05:05
"In the case of 2 year old Lashawn....you ARE the father!!!" "BEEP BEEEP BEEEP I knew it i knew it!!! Beeep beeep beeep" "No that ain' mine...that nose aint mine girl...look at da face, that don' look like me"

that was my imitation of the maury povich show.

ROFL!!! :vlol: You hit the nail right on the head with that one!

kangaxx
27-06-06, 05:37
i m sorry for my aparent cruelness but...i do not belive it this!, for me it's staged. they do all they want to make mass shows this days. yes it is possible to some one have a fobia like that...but i dont belive in that show.:o