PDA

View Full Version : F & F Tokyo Drift (If the topic already exists, I blame the missing search function.)

Catapharact
26-06-06, 22:15
F & F: Tokyo Drift.

For auto craze drifter fans (or for those who simply want a touching story with an underground flare) I say, its worth the watch (Just that you really can't convince me that Lucas Black is 17 yrs. old Lol!)

The movie delivers what it promoses; High speed cars doing hair banking turns through the streets of Tokyo, missing those poor pedistrians by inches (please don't be idots and go on a racing rampage after seeing the movie.) The story ain't good, but its kinda ok for a relentless racing movie.

Lucas Black plays Sean Boswell; A 17 yr. old with a bad itch to race everytime he needs to prove his manliness (what ever happened to just duking it out old school? Lol!) Anyway, he makes a total mess out of himself by getting convicted again and again for reckless driving so he gets sent to Japan to live with his father. Here... he learns that speed ain't everything when it comes to racing ;). The new kid on the block gets taught a few lessons in the art of drifting (For all you un-cool people Lol! Its just letting your car turn hair-pin corners at insane speeds by coasting through them in an arc.)

Would continue on with the story, butttt.... I'll let you guys catch up with it ;). Sure beats the old F&Fs I'll tell ya that much.

So either you are a macho gung-ho race addict or a mild mannered movie goer who wants to experience something with a bit more umph! I recommed this movie.

egyptiangal
26-06-06, 22:41
i dont think i want to see it. I think the First one was enough!! :mis:

Catapharact
26-06-06, 22:44
i dont think i want to see it. I think the First one was enough!! :mis:

Trust me, this one is quite different. For anime fans; Just think of it as a real life anime Lol!

egyptiangal
26-06-06, 22:52
i think i would consider watching it to see the sights of tokyo but i'm not much of a fan for anime. I'm not against anime at all I just dont really get into it for some reason. The closest thing i've got to anime is...final fantasy? lmao is that even anime? haha. :D

Catapharact
26-06-06, 22:53
i think i would consider watching it to see the sights of tokyo but i'm not much of a fan for anime. I'm not against anime at all I just dont really get into it for some reason. The closest thing i've got to anime is...final fantasy? lmao is that even anime? haha. :D

You are officially on my Cool list ;) Lol!

As you can tell, me no likey anime either. Most people around here love it to death though.

Legend of Lara
26-06-06, 23:11
Some critic said that Tokyo Drift was terrible and thought that Cars (yes the animated movie :pi:) had more realistic personalities and vehicles. I don't get it either. :D

Catapharact
26-06-06, 23:28
I swear I am so getting tired of Pixar and their animations. It had its time, but stop milking it for everthing its worth.

egyptiangal
26-06-06, 23:30

You are officially on my Cool list ;) Lol!

As you can tell, me no likey anime either. Most people around here love it to death though.

hahaha yes i'm so happy to be a part of ur cool list! :hug:

yeah like i said, i dont not like it i just dont really get into it.

ps. it would be sweet to visit Tokyo just to kinda get back on topic. yes i try. ;)

Catapharact
26-06-06, 23:40
ps. it would be sweet to visit Tokyo just to kinda get back on topic. yes i try. ;)

And many thanks in return :).

The movie gives a more realistic look at Tokyo (away from the glamours of downtown shopping malls.) The areas are conjested and living space is limited. There is this hilarous scene where Sean enters his so called bedroom (more like a closet) and pushes the drapes apart only to see his next door neighbour (an elderly woman having her dinner of noodles similing back at him.)

Lenochka
27-06-06, 00:08
And many thanks in return :).
There is this hilarous scene where Sean enters his so called bedroom (more like a closet) and pushes the drapes apart only to see his next door neighbour (an elderly woman having her dinner of noodles similing back at him.)

:vlol: omg thats gold i have to see it now hehe. that sounds so random :D i love the idea of fast cars and all that... i think im gonna go see it :)

Capt. Murphy
27-06-06, 00:57
Here. I found it. But it was with Google:

vbulletin tombraiderforums tokyo drift

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=67297

It took me to that one version of the forum... What is that called? :confused:

As for what I think about the movie... My reply is in that topic. :D

DREWY
27-06-06, 02:41
First film was excellent, second was missing something... Hang on ,Vin Diesel. This one hasn't got him either, and now no Paul Walker.
Hmmm. I'll probably go see it but...Ok, I'll keep an open mind.
Must have some drivers ed class when you can drive like that at 17!

Angel666
27-06-06, 04:04
I saw the second one and I don't really remember it. I just remember the "ejecto seato" and that girls car was really nice. The pink one. :D

scoopy_loopy
27-06-06, 04:56
Im going to go see this movie some time.. Im obseesed with Japan and I love fast cars :D

Plus this movie will probably have alot of hot asians, THE BEST TYPE!http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/mischievous.gif!

DREWY
27-06-06, 05:18
Plus this movie will probably have alot of hot asians, THE BEST TYPE!:mis:!

As opposed to cold asians, who should really put on a jumper.

scoopy_loopy
27-06-06, 12:06
:vlol:

Catapharact
27-06-06, 15:32
Here. I found it. But it was with Google:

vbulletin tombraiderforums tokyo drift

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=67297

It took me to that one version of the forum... What is that called? :confused:

As for what I think about the movie... My reply is in that topic. :D

Lol! Love the reply; Simple and to the point :p. Hmmm, well just watch it for the cars and drift style I say :).

Pixar kinda lost it when they wanted to give personalities to cars. I say this movie gives them more of a personality.

See, if we take a car like the NSX, we are talking about a young colt that is eager to take off and run but then again can't take corners very good Lol! The Mitsubishi Lancer is a more laid back racer. It doens't believe in speed but rather shows its magic in turns ;). My personal Fav. The Nissan Skyline shows finess of an elegent 20 yr. old; Has the beauty, the kick and the elegence. It can take off at a drop of a coin yet corners like a fly.

American cars are a whole different breed. We are talking about unadulterated horsepower. No computers, no shaft balancing, no nothing; Just pure engine. A viper howl would make a porche driver cower in fear Lol!

First film was excellent, second was missing something... Hang on ,Vin Diesel. This one hasn't got him either, and now no Paul Walker.
Hmmm. I'll probably go see it but...Ok, I'll keep an open mind.
Must have some drivers ed class when you can drive like that at 17!

Don't wanna kill the story for ya so I will just say watch the movie. You'll get your wish ;).