PDA

View Full Version : Official horror movies thread !

raiderfun
27-06-06, 09:04
Here is it.
The official horror movies thread :mis:
Here , we will talk about all the horror movies and news concerned.

So who is interested like me ?

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 09:05
I'm the Horror Movie King... i'v got all my friends into horror films, and watched so many of them. there just brill.

raiderfun
27-06-06, 09:08
I'm the Horror Movie King... i'v got all my friends into horror films, and watched so many of them. there just brill.
Me 2

raiderfun
27-06-06, 09:10
I'm so impatient
I want to see Saw 2 :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:
I reget because i didn't bought it the last month when i was in the market :mad:

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 09:12
Saw 2's CRAZY!!!! but really good all the same... a lot more action than the first.

I dont want to spoil it for you but watch out for the 'Needle Pit Scene' EEEKKK... made me cringe.

VonCroy360
27-06-06, 09:16
:yah: I love horrors!

Though I prefer those slow mysterius combination of horror and psychological thriller...
:)

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 09:17
:yah: I love horrors!

Though I prefer those slow mysterius combination of horror and psychological thriller...

Like the ring?

VonCroy360
27-06-06, 09:18
Yup...
The japanese ones are always the best...
Like the japanese ring or my all time favourite: japanese dark water

raiderfun
27-06-06, 09:21
So here is it .
We Can talk about all the horrors theme ;)

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 09:23
Yup...

Yup iv seen the Japanese version to... bit of a twist at the end...

raiderfun
27-06-06, 09:35
Yup...
Why the japaness are the best ?

raiderfun
27-06-06, 09:45
Who saw the descent movie ?

Eleanna123
27-06-06, 12:08
Saw I & II, they were really nasty. Almost threw up when that guy at the beginning of Saw II was trying to pull his eye out and then got his head impalled. Bleh, get a bucket :p

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 12:11
Saw I & II, they were really nasty. Almost threw up when that guy at the beginning of Saw II was trying to pull his eye out and then got his head impalled. Bleh, get a bucket :p
LOL he wasnt trying to pull out his eye... he had to cut it out.. to get the key... and the needle pit AHHHH sticking out of her arm and shizz... but yeah she did it fast and thats what i probs would of done.

MiCkiZ88
27-06-06, 12:13
ah my kinda thread!

I love horror movies.. though I get freaked out really easily but I just love em!

raiderfun
27-06-06, 12:16
And a movie called "when a stranger calls" OR something like that

Paperdoll
27-06-06, 12:37
That one just looks terrible... they gave away the whole movie in the trailer :vlol:

I've been watching horror movies ever since I can remember, I use to sneak into my brother's VHS' while my mom was out and watch a ton of them. I gues that made me a bit numb and demanding when it comes to horror movies. Lately I haven't seen a Hollywood horror movie that didn't make me laugh instead of scare me. And gore is not an issue, I don't get sick by watching it :p

Favourites.... definitily quite a few from the asian industry. I'm dying to watch A Tale of Two Sisters.

Lara's Boy
27-06-06, 12:42
Oh my, I like this kind of thread....I love horror movies, though they make me squirm and want to scream like a girl, lol. I want to see the unrated version of The Hills Have Eyes...have any of you guys seen it?

raiderfun
27-06-06, 12:43
paperdoll i remeber , since one time you told us ( i don't remember which thread) that you would buy a tarantula , but not a lot of money, so since there i knew that u love horrors :D

Paperdoll
27-06-06, 12:44
You remember that? XD loooool yeah it's too expensive so the only tarantula I own is a sort of plushy one :p

I don't think a horror movie can scare me anymore... I used to be frightened to death by Ju-On (only movie that really frightened me to this day)... recently watched the first movie (TV version) and now I'm basically immune XD

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 12:45
Oh my, I like this kind of thread....I love horror movies, though they make me squirm and want to scream like a girl, lol. I want to see the unrated version of The Hills Have Eyes...have any of you guys seen it?

Yep iv seen it.... its really, really good. Well i liked it.
The whole rape idea kinda made me cringe, but twas good.:p

raiderfun
27-06-06, 13:11
I saw the announcement of this movie , they said that it was makken in morocco , the deserts ....

Lara's Boy
27-06-06, 13:17
Yep iv seen it.... its really, really good. Well i liked it.
The whole rape idea kinda made me cringe, but twas good.:p

I can't wait to see it (I usually wait for horror movies to come to DVD, I hate letting other people get scared, lol)!!

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 13:19
I can't wait to see it (I usually wait for horror movies to come to DVD, I hate letting other people get scared, lol)!!

You'll like it... full of action.

I didnt think it was gonna be bad, because they were a big family... and i couldnt imagine them killing lots of members of the family...
I was wrong :ton:

Lara's Boy
27-06-06, 13:20
You'll like it... full of action.

I didnt think it was gonna be bad, because they were a big family... and i couldnt imagine them killing lots of members of the family...
I was wrong :ton:

I think that will be the most dynamic part. But I haven't seen the original or this new one, so don't tell me who survives!!! :D

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 13:22
I think that will be the most dynamic part. But I haven't seen the original or this new one, so don't tell me who survives!!! :D

I won't... Tis very gory!!!

And watch out for the disabled guy with the massive head... he was soooo funny!

Lara's Boy
27-06-06, 13:33
mmm.....as much as it makes me cringe, the more gory a movie is the more I love it!!

TombRaiderLover
27-06-06, 13:53
Has anyone seen Don't Look Now.

raiderfun
27-06-06, 13:55
Has anyone seen Don't Look Now.
no, what is it ?

VonCroy360
27-06-06, 14:45
Why the japaness are the best ?

I don't know, I just like them... Some can really scare me...

A Tale of Two Sisters.

I heard it's actually just a family drama with some horror motives...

Anyway, I just borrowed "Eye", anyone watched it?
I never heard of it, but it's a horror and it's japanese, so I said I'll give it a go... I don't have anything to do tonight...

Lenochka
27-06-06, 14:51
And a movie called "when a stranger calls" OR something like that

I dont get how that movie is scary. Strangers are people you dont know. people call my house for my parents all the time and i usually dont know them. i dont run around the house in a panic calling the cops... I just hate the title so much XD

Ju-on is a scary movie... the grudge not so much. Ringu is a very scary movie... the ring is funny... why must the american film people ruin every cult japanese classic?

SkyGirl
27-06-06, 14:55
About months ago I watched Hostel.
Well I'd have to say it was funny xD

Still...my favorite movie is "The ring" and the classic "the exorcist". I mean...who could forget a classic like that one? :D

VonCroy360
27-06-06, 14:55
Ju-on is a scary movie... the grudge not so much. Ringu is a very scary movie... the ring is funny... why must the american film people ruin every cult japanese classic?

I agree, as I said...
What about Honogurai mizu no soko kara and Dark water? :)

Though Dark Water is an ok movie...

Lara's Boy
27-06-06, 14:56
I LOVE the excorcist!! It was truly a freaky movie! I also liked the original Omen, but it wasn't really scary.....

VonCroy360
27-06-06, 14:56
and the classic "the exorcist". I mean...who could forget a classic like that one? :D

Yes, how can I forget about the exorcist?
I don't find it really scary, though, but it's an excellent movie...

SkyGirl
27-06-06, 15:00
I also liked the original Omen, but it wasn't really scary.....

Ah!
I was thinking about seeing that movie. You think it's really worth it ?

I had "saw2" at home...but I was sick at that time...I only watched the beggining where he founds out that the key is in his own eye. Impressive though :D

Rivendell
27-06-06, 15:02
Saw 1 and 2 are great films, I can't wait for 3 :D

Session 9

Is a film all horror lovers should watch, just for the atmospherically twisted fear factor.

:tmb:

Lara's Boy
27-06-06, 15:02
Ah!
I was thinking about seeing that movie. You think it's really worth it ?

It is definetly worth seeing....it gives a couple of frights, but it is more suspense than anything. It is very well acted also, something I enjoy even in a horror movie :D

SkyGirl
27-06-06, 15:23
Seems promissing then. I'll have it a try, thanks :D
So what's the story ? End of the world?

TombRaiderLover
27-06-06, 16:54
Don't Look Now is the only horror film I know that isn't about monsters or murderers. It's about a couple whose very young daughter has recently drowned. They meet a woman and her blind, psychic sister who can see the daughter. They believe that the husband also has this ability, but he accepts it as rubbish. However, he repeatedly sees a mysterious figure with a red cloak similar to his dead daughter's. This figure seems to be stalking him. He also sees his own funeral long before it happens.

SPOILER:

In a shocking twist ending, he approaches the cloaked figure, only to find that it is an ugly old woman responsible for several murders occuring in Venice.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974 original) is in my opinion the most influential horror film ever made.

Paperdoll
27-06-06, 17:01
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is definitily influential but at least in my taste, there are much better horror movies. It's really bad when you spend an hour and a half laughing your ass off while watching a horror movie. I rented The Exorcist when I was 13 or something and I laughed at it... that doesn't mean it's bad but if it's a horror movie it's supposed to scare you, even after you watch it.

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 17:04
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is definitily influential but at least in my taste, there are much better horror movies. It's really bad when you spend an hour and a half laughing your ass off while watching a horror movie. I rented The Exorcist when I was 13 or something and I laughed at it... that doesn't mean it's bad but if it's a horror movie it's supposed to scare you, even after you watch it.

Scream films did that to me when i was young... always imagined someone hiding in my house with a mask on. Then the ring, i often thing sheese samara's standing at the door...
And then the grudge... ahh dont get me started on that.... Good scenes.... bad storyline.

Paperdoll
27-06-06, 17:05
Watch the original ones, much better. Kayako's a freaky woman XD that reminds me, I have to look for my Kayako drawing. The Grudge is terrible IMO.

Lara's Boy
27-06-06, 17:07
I have always wanted to see the Japanese grudge movie. Is it better than the american version? The american grudge scared me in the theatres, but became stupid once I bought the DVD.....

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 17:09
Watch the original ones, much better. Kayako's a freaky woman XD that reminds me, I have to look for my Kayako drawing. The Grudge is terrible IMO.

I'v seen the original Japanese version of the ring, yet i thought it had nothing on the american Version... Love it to bits.
Naomi Watt's is brill.

Paperdoll
27-06-06, 17:10
The first one I saw was Ju-On: The Grudge (cinema japanese version). I couldn't sleep properly for a month. There are four movies besides the american one, two that were made for TV and two for cinema. I still haven't watched the second one for TV.

I'v seen the original Japanese version of the ring, yet i thought it had nothing on the american Version... Love it to bits.
Naomi Watt's is brill.

I've had the original one for quite a while but still haven't watched it. I've seen the american one and it was somewhat nice but it relies on too much cheap scares and jump moments to actually deliver properly the final scene.

If anyone wants a good slasher/teen/black magic movie, watch Wizard of Darkness. Weird japanese movie but still fun to watch.

tha_mattster
27-06-06, 17:11
Did you know that ghost from The Grudge appeared in adverts for Stenna Stair Lifts.

Paperdoll
27-06-06, 17:13
I had a great URL with a picture of her down the stairs with the sound she makes and she looks like she's about to eat a bit of the stairs :vlol: it really kills the mood XD

da tomb raider!
27-06-06, 17:30
Horror movies? Oh, yeah, I love 'em. No doubt about that. The Ring and The Ring 2 are pretty good, but I also liked Scream 1, and 3...

Legend of Lara
27-06-06, 18:24
I remember The Ring... Brrrrr... videotapes scare me. Now when I insert tapes into my VCR I worry about if a big white ring will appear... and it did once. It was actually a scene from Teen Titans but still! Freaked. Me. Out! And Samara. :yik:

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 18:26
I remember The Ring... Brrrrr... videotapes scare me. Now when I insert tapes into my VCR I worry about if a big white ring will appear... and it did once. It was actually a scene from Teen Titans but still! Freaked. Me. Out! And Samara. :yik:
Which is why DVD'S are the future :D

raiderfun
27-06-06, 18:27
and freedy Vs. JASON ?

Legend of Lara
27-06-06, 18:28
and freedy Vs. JASON ?

That's just a cheap knock-off.

raiderfun
27-06-06, 18:32
That's just a cheap knock-off.
lol but very bloody

raiderfun
27-06-06, 18:33
House of Wax was very boring
And the Amytiville was medium

Lara's Boy
27-06-06, 18:35
I don't really consider it a horror film, but I actually enjoyed Silent Hill! It was a refeshing movie considering how poorly other video game adaptions have gone.

raiderfun
27-06-06, 18:37
I don't really consider it a horror film, but I actually enjoyed Silent Hill! It was a refeshing movie considering how poorly other video game adaptions have gone.
Oh yeah i enjoyed this movie

Legend of Lara
27-06-06, 18:41
Evil madman. Will work for a screenshot of Ju-On. :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-06-06, 19:11
I LOVE horror flicks. My favorites would probably be The Ring, The Ring 2, Halloween, The Shining (the one with Jack Nicholson), The Exorcist, and a few others I can't remember at the moment. :p I haven't seen the Saw movies, but I hear they're pretty good.

scion05
27-06-06, 19:27
my faves are the halloween films

tr_mitch
27-06-06, 19:28
The Shining was voted best horror film.... i dont know why... it didn't really make any sense.

'REDRUM REDRUM'

Paperdoll
27-06-06, 22:28
and freedy Vs. JASON ?

That's so awful it's not even funny XD

raiderfun
27-06-06, 22:31
The Shining was voted best horror film.... i dont know why... it didn't really make any sense.

'REDRUM REDRUM'
really?
Do you have a link of this movie ?

SkyGirl
27-06-06, 22:41
That's so awful it's not even funny XD

Lol I never got the change to see it. But since the beginning I knew that one was gonna suck.
Aha I remember when I was really young, that time when the classic Freddy (kruguer :confused: ) film, that were the movies that scared the hell outta me. xD
And I remember seeing the ring for the first time...couldn't sleep that well, and I had a nightmare that a women was cutting her daughters eye out...I woke up screaming xD stupid me :D

Anyway what do you think of house of wax ? I liked it very much, but I prefer that Texas massacre or something...awesome one...made me laugh the hole time xD

Paperdoll
27-06-06, 22:51
Honestly? I hated it. I watched it until 3am and I kept looking at the clock waiting for the movie to end. It was so boring and bland... bleh.

Horror movies are lacking scenes like the final scene of The Pit and The Pendulum. Google for it because I don't want to spoil it (doubt that anyone will ever watch it). The whole movie seems a bit cheesy now but it has one of the best chilling endings ever.

Japanese horror isn't for everyone. Usually the movies are very slow, building an atmosphere and the story and leading to a, usually, big kick in the groin XD usually delivered in the final scene (like Ringu and the original Dark Water). It doesn't rely on cheap scares and jump moments to make your heart beat faster on that particular moment, it delivers a scene so powerful that will haunt you after you've watched the movie. That's a horror movie. But like I've said, it's not for everyone because some people might get bored watching it. For those people, there's Hollywood :p

I think that a good asian horror movie for everyone is Shutter. It's korean, I think. it has a few jump moments throughout the movie, to keep the viewer interested (if you've seen it, the dark room scene at the beggining is a good example), the typical long haired and pale ghost haunting the main characters (except this time the ghost has a plausible reason for the haunting), a good theme (the capture of supernatural activity in photographs) and a chilling ending. Don't watch it if you have back problems XD a hardcore asian horror fan might consider it a bit popcorn-ish but it's a good mix for anyone that can't sit through a movie like Ringu or Dark Water.

*laralover*
28-06-06, 03:04
Iv always enjoyed japanese or asian movies horror and other genres.Iv watched all the ring films and they wer pretty scary and a bit confusing at first until id watched them again i also watched the english ones they wer ok but i prefer the japanese ones.Iv not watched the japanese grudge but i saw the english one and there a few bits that scared the :cen: out of me lol

TombRaiderLover
28-06-06, 06:41
Horror movies are lacking scenes like the final scene of The Pit and The Pendulum. Google for it because I don't want to spoil it (doubt that anyone will ever watch it). The whole movie seems a bit cheesy now but it has one of the best chilling endings ever.
I remember watching it on TV a few months ago. (The 60's one with Vincent Price.) It was great, but I feel alseep before the ending. :(

VonCroy360
28-06-06, 09:07
I just watched "The Eye" last night...

And it's a great movie, the first hour is absolutely brilliant, very similar to japanese horrors, then after the first hour, the movie isn't so brilliant, but it's still good; what surprised me is the final scene, which looks like some 2nd grade action-thriller and it just ruins the movie...
The storyline would be good and completed without the last scene, but I guess it makes some sense, cause...
Well, I won't spoil the whole movie for you, in case you'll watch it; which I recommend...

tr_mitch
28-06-06, 09:43
Anyone seen wrong turn? It's not a well known Horror film... but because of that and because its soooooooo good and different... it's one of my favourites.

MSCL
28-06-06, 11:07
Does anyone talk back to the screen in horror movies? My friend, Laquesha, hates to go to the movies with me.