PDA

View Full Version : What Ever happen to the Dreamcast?

MSCL
28-06-06, 11:56
I've played on it a couple of times at a friends house, but I haven't seen any new games in years. What happen?

Prince of world
28-06-06, 12:10
whats???
don't you know that dreamcast has died?

MSCL
28-06-06, 12:25
Well...I know it's died,

But why?

Night Crawler
28-06-06, 12:30
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast#End_of_production :pi:

Titanium
28-06-06, 12:56
Its too bad the dreamcast stopped production. It is a brilliant console!

Jonnipants
28-06-06, 12:57
I agree..I loved my Dreamcast...until it got stolen...RATS!!

Betal
28-06-06, 13:17
I agree..I loved my Dreamcast...until it got stolen...RATS!!

stolen?:yik:

Ampersand
28-06-06, 13:20
What happened to the N64 as well? I remember (way back, now lost in the mists of time) when those were the in-thing. :cln: :o

Betal
28-06-06, 13:20
What happened to the N64 as well? I remember (way back, now lost in the mists of time) when those were the in-thing. :cln: :o

I'm still playing N64.xD
I love super mario 64:D

Ampersand
28-06-06, 13:21
I'm still playing N64.xD
I love super mario 64:D

I remember playing Pokemon Stadium and Zelda on a friend's N64. I never realized they'd gone out of fashion. :cln:

Titanium
28-06-06, 13:22

The N64 is also brilliant :tmb:

I remember playing Ocarina Of Time for the first time. Absolutely fantastic! :D

Jonnipants
28-06-06, 13:23
stolen?:yik:

Yea it was taken when our old house was burgled...

lol funny word...burgled. that word makes me laugh for some reason :vlol:

tomblover
28-06-06, 13:24
I'm still playing N64.xD
I love super mario 64:D Super Mario 64 rocks! Btw, har du märkt att det hela namnet för dreamcast är sega dreamcast! :D :D

Jonnipants
28-06-06, 13:24
The N64 is also brilliant :tmb:

I remember playing Ocarina Of Time for the first time. Absolutely fantastic! :D

AAAAHH! That's like my al time favourite game from my childhood!!

Betal
28-06-06, 13:25
Super Mario 64 rocks! Btw, har du märkt att det hela namnet för dreamcast är sega dreamcast! :D :D

no:D just thought it was dreamcast.

(men dreamcast är segt) XD

UNDERTAKER
28-06-06, 13:26
Sony and their clever marketing with PS2 managed to successfully kill off the Dreamcast for good.

tomblover
28-06-06, 13:26
Ja, de e den! okej, jag är inte den som ska påstå att dreamcast är segt, ja har ju inte ens spelat det! :D

Betal
28-06-06, 13:28
Ja, de e den! okej, jag är inte den som ska påstå att dreamcast är segt, ja har ju inte ens spelat det! :D

inte jag heller.:D

Agent 47
28-06-06, 13:29
Sony and their clever marketing with PS2 managed to successfully kill off the Dreamcast for good.

indeed..............good one Sony

no prizes for guessing where my loyalties are, although i do have a softspot for Ninty and wish their new machine all the best:D

Jonnipants
28-06-06, 13:31

Who would've thought Sony had something to do with it. :hea:

interstellardave
28-06-06, 13:32

Tried to do the same thing with the Xbox 360... it's not working though. :D

Hybrid Soldier
28-06-06, 13:36
I remember playing Pokemon Stadium and Zelda on a friend's N64. I never realized they'd gone out of fashion. :cln:

Orcarina of Time and Majora's Mask owns all other N64 games. Link owns in general. :) :p

Titanium
28-06-06, 13:37
Also Goldeneye was a brilliant game, probably the best ever movie licensed game :tmb:

Betal
28-06-06, 13:38
I didn't like the N64 zelda games. But I like the super nintendo zelda games. I love zelda: a link to the past. I still playing it. But on my game cube. I buyed all the zelda games in a zelda box. Now I can play them on my game cube on the orignal 2d graphic:D

Hybrid Soldier
28-06-06, 13:39
Also Goldeneye was a brilliant game, probably the best ever movie licensed game :tmb:

Meh, i found that game to be overrated. Don't get me wrong, great game, but it was overrated.

Agent 47
28-06-06, 13:41
Tried to do the same thing with the Xbox 360... it's not working though. :D

YET!!!!

the 360 is selling well but not at the alarming rate that should cause Sony any concern...............so i'm happy:ton:

Jonnipants
28-06-06, 13:44
Speaking of zelda, is anyone looking forward to Twilight Princess? It looks so awesome on the Wii

interstellardave
28-06-06, 13:45
YET!!!!

the 360 is selling well but not at the alarming rate that should cause Sony any concern...............so i'm happy:ton:

Got stock in Sony?

Anyway, Sony is their own worst enemy with the PS3! I think they will be concerned after the launch frenzy is over... and with good reason. :p

Hybrid Soldier
28-06-06, 13:46
Speaking of zelda, is anyone looking forward to Twilight Princess? It looks so awesome on the Wii

Yep! Though i'm getting it for GC.

Agent 47
28-06-06, 14:00
Got stock in Sony?

Anyway, Sony is their own worst enemy with the PS3! I think they will be concerned after the launch frenzy is over... and with good reason. :p

stocks in Sony?....no comment ;)

my view of the situation is this.....the first batch of PS3 is bound to have issues,it happens with ALL new machines

to combat the launch it is obvious 360 is going to drop it's prices, fair enough, but i would like to know why do you seem so certain Sony are about to have problems when launch frenzy is over?

i say this in hope many are in agreement with me, the PS3 is too pricey for my liking and many other i suspect, but even with 360 out the old timers (PS2 and xbox) are still doing really well, but i'm still gonna "try" and get a launch model all the same(never had a console at launch before)

interstellardave
28-06-06, 14:12
stocks in Sony?....no comment ;)

my view of the situation is this.....the first batch of PS3 is bound to have issues,it happens with ALL new machines

to combat the launch it is obvious 360 is going to drop it's prices, fair enough, but i would like to know why do you seem so certain Sony are about to have problems when launch frenzy is over?

i say this in hope many are in agreement with me, the PS3 is too pricey for my liking and many other i suspect, but even with 360 out the old timers (PS2 and xbox) are still doing really well, but i'm still gonna "try" and get a launch model all the same(never had a console at launch before)

It's all about the price... sure it won't affect the launch, people always pay outrageous sums of money to get a console at launch. But when all the really hardcore folk have their PS3s I don't see the rest of us gamers rushing to buy one before 1, 2 or maybe 3 price drops. It's way too high a price and it's all because of Blue Ray--a format that (once again) only the hardcore are going to care to adopt right away.

UNDERTAKER
28-06-06, 14:15
Clever Sony marketing has people believing that the PS3 is an all conquering, giant powerhouse of a machine, when it really isn't that much more powerful than the Xbox 360.

Dave is right. Once people see that there is no big difference in power, the cheaper price and good games selection of the 360 will win over many people.

Agent 47
28-06-06, 14:31
It's all about the price... sure it won't affect the launch, people always pay outrageous sums of money to get a console at launch. But when all the really hardcore folk have their PS3s I don't see the rest of us gamers rushing to buy one before 1, 2 or maybe 3 price drops. It's way too high a price and it's all because of Blue Ray--a format that (once again) only the hardcore are going to care to adopt right away.

totally agree with you regarding price,it is expensive i admit and not many folks will be able to get one at launch or long after....as for Blu-Ray,personally i couldn't give a damn, i don't understand it's concept nor will i claim to do so.

like most folks i'll stick with a brand that has served me well over the years,not abandon ship just because of a technical fault

@Undertaker, nobody here is saying Sony is an all conquering product, it has faults just like every other machine throughout history, you seem to be under the impression that the PS3 WILL NOT and DOES NOT have a good selection of games, that sir is a wrong attitude and unjustified one at that....i admit the PS3 launch line up does look rather lacking, but it's the quality of those games that matter.....me personally i wont be buying any launch game unless i spot one that i might actually like. i know what games i plan to buy all the same:jmp:

interstellardave
28-06-06, 14:41
I don't doubt that the PS3 will wind up being a great machine and it will certainly have plenty of great games as well. I know UT believes this too, as I've seen him post it. The problem really is whether enough people think it's good enough to warrant the high price. There's some people on this forum that say yes it is but common sense tells me the marketplace in general will say "no".

Agent 47
28-06-06, 15:04
I don't doubt that the PS3 will wind up being a great machine and it will certainly have plenty of great games as well. I know UT believes this too, as I've seen him post it. The problem really is whether enough people think it's good enough to warrant the high price. There's some people on this forum that say yes it is but common sense tells me the marketplace in general will say "no".

like i say above, i'm in full agreement regarding price.....it is said that the PS3 was supposed to come in two versions, 1 with a 20gb hd and one with a 60gb hd.

now the story goes that the UK won't get the 20gb hd version (the cheaper package) which could indeed cause Sony problems...........i don't have a HDTV so the 60gb version is no good to me in that respect, i'm not at all happy about having to pay for the expensive version but it looks like we in the UK that want one at launch have no choice :( in this respect i also agree it could cause Sony some problems.....not everyone has deep pockets

ah wel, what can ya do? lol

Legend of Lara
28-06-06, 15:06
The Dreamcast was a great console no doubt. But some new DC games have been sneaking into Japanese stores. True.