PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 : A vast improvement from the Xbox!

illuminati30
28-06-06, 11:58
One Sunday afternoon, not long after hearing that Legend would be on the Xbox, I decided I would sell my PS2 and get an Xbox instead. It’s amazing what I might do if I am bored on a Sunday! However, I never liked it! (the Xbox I mean)

I didn’t like the controller, (hated it in fact!) and the games just didn’t appeal to me at all. It was all the same thing over and over again and again, and I even tried to play Halo, and didn’t like it <don’t flame me> :D

However, I decided I wanted a 360 to play Legend on, so I got one and thank God it’s a good machine with some great games, because I think I would be totally bitter after spending that money as I never even play Legend anymore. I feel this console is a vast improvement from the Xbox. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I hated the controller mostly, and that’s been fixed, and I think at this moment in time it might just be the best controller around. I also feel they are appealing to a larger market than before, and before the games were just to appeal to the masses. Lots of fighting, shooting, racing, war games, sports games. Yes all of that is still there, but I can cope with that as long as there is a good variety of other games as well, and the current line up, and the future line up is quite promising. I really feel they are going for it this time, and trying to appeal to as many people as possible, and as wide an age range as well.

I am so glad Oblivion is on this console, as I never would have had access to this game otherwise, as I am allergic to PCs and never play PC games. If you are not a PC game player, its worth getting this console just for this game! Plus there are a whole load of other games I am looking forward to coming out for the 360. I love it, and I never thought I would.

Anyone else feel the same?

interstellardave
28-06-06, 12:14
I agree completely--except I also liked the orginal Xbox. But the Xbox 360 is just great! There is a higher percentage of really good games out for it than for any console I can remember. Of course this is just my opinion but as you know I am not a fanboy. I loved all my consoles when I first got them (still do) but I think the 360 has surpassed them in terms of how much I'm really enjoying it--and so soon.

Night Crawler
28-06-06, 12:33
Tomb Raider Legend is hardly worth console-hopping for!
IMO it doesn't matter what platform you play it on, it's still crap. :pi:

Betal
28-06-06, 12:35
dodn't buy Xbox 360. It gonna crash. After a while it crashing. I readed it on microsofts website. The games is to big for the xbox

Night Crawler
28-06-06, 12:36
The games is to big for the xboxLOL. :o

interstellardave
28-06-06, 12:38
Well, illuminati, you got one post (mine) before 2 come and counteract it... can't have a positive thread on this board...

dodn't buy Xbox 360. It gonna crash. After a while it crashing. I readed it on microsofts website. The games is to big for the xbox

If you mean about Oblivion, you have to clear your hard-drive cache, much as you would on a PC to help performance... Illuminati doesn't have that problem as he doesn't even have the hard drive!

UNDERTAKER
28-06-06, 12:45
Xbox 360 is a great machine. I don't regret buying one at all. Looking forward to the likes of Saints Row, Dead Rising, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mass Effect, Gears of War and many more titles later this year and next year like Grand Theft Auto IV (complete with exclusive content for 360 owners).

I am also looking froward to PS3 but I refuse to buy one until either the price reduces or there are some decent games available.

tomblover
28-06-06, 12:47
dodn't buy Xbox 360. It gonna crash. After a while it crashing. I readed it on microsofts website. The games is to big for the xbox Ummm my Xbox 360 crashed quite much a long time ago, but that was because it was overheated! :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton:

EDIT: Och Betal, du m&#229;ste ha l&#228;st den d&#228;r grejen om kraschar p&#229; Microsofts probleml&#246;sningssida!

EDIT2: The games can't be too big, it'd be stupid! :ton:

Betal
28-06-06, 12:50
Ummm my Xbox 360 crashed quite much a long time ago, but that was because it was overheated! :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton:

EDIT: Och Betal, du måste ha läst den där grejen om kraschar på Microsofts problemlösningssida!

kanske, kanske inte. minns ej.

But anyway. Xbox 360 is great but I like playstation more:)

Betal
28-06-06, 12:50
Ummm my Xbox 360 crashed quite much a long time ago, but that was because it was overheated! :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton: :ton:

EDIT: Och Betal, du måste ha läst den där grejen om kraschar på Microsofts problemlösningssida!

EDIT2: The games can't be too big, it'd be stupid! :ton:

they said the graphic is to good. It takes to much place. More then Xbox 360 can have

tomblover
28-06-06, 12:51
Du måste nog ha gjort det, knappast att dom skulle annonsera öppet att deras produkter kraschar!! :vlol: :vlol:

Betal
28-06-06, 12:52
Du måste nog ha gjort det, knappast att dom skulle annonsera öppet att deras produkter kraschar!! :vlol: :vlol:

haha tänkte inte på det. Men dom e amerikaner. Man vet aldrig:whi:

tomblover
28-06-06, 12:52
they said the graphic is to good. It takes to much place. More then Xbox 360 can have Then why can I play The Elder Scrolls: IV Oblivion on my Xbox 360? :confused:

Betal
28-06-06, 12:54
Then why can I play The Elder Scrolls: IV Oblivion on my Xbox 360? :confused:

just wait:D But I think they crashed before they comed to sweden. So they fixed it. I think that.

(It would be cool with a gta game with next gen graphic)

tomblover
28-06-06, 12:55
haha tänkte inte på det. Men dom e amerikaner. Man vet aldrig:whi: *Går in på Microsofts Hemsida* HALLÅ HALLÅ KOM HIT VÅRA PRODUKTER SUGER!!! DOM KRASCHAR OCH FÅR ETT ALLVARLIGT FEL SOM KAN DÖDA HELA JORDKLOTET OM DU RÖR DEM!!!!! VÅÅRRAAAAA PRROOOODUUUKKKTTEEEEERRR SUUUUGGGGEEERRR ARS**H*L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betal
28-06-06, 12:56
*Går in på Microsofts Hemsida* HALLÅ HALLÅ KOM HIT VÅRA PRODUKTER SUGER!!! DOM KRASCHAR OCH FÅR ETT ALLVARLIGT FEL SOM KAN DÖDA HELA JORDKLOTET OM DU RÖR DEM!!!!! VÅÅRRAAAAA PRROOOODUUUKKKTTEEEEERRR SUUUUGGGGEEERRR ARS**H*L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :D

MiCkiZ88
28-06-06, 12:57
I'm just glad I can read and understand swedish.. :p

but anyway.. I think that the xbox360 is also an improvent but like betal said.. I prefer playstation :)

tomblover
28-06-06, 12:58
just wait:D But I think they crashed before they comed to sweden. So they fixed it. I think that.

(It would be cool with a gta game with next gen graphic) Nåja, det kan ju va så! Och ja det skulle va coolt med ett Next-Gen GTA, förresten det finns ju redan! Och det är Svenskar som har gjort det spelet! http://justcausegame.com/ De är det Svenska bolaget Avalanche som har gjort det!

MiCkiZ88
28-06-06, 13:01
god.. just to imagine someone speaking swedish makes me puke.. :p

sowwy...

but I still get what you guys are speaking :D

Betal
28-06-06, 13:04
Nåja, det kan ju va så! Och ja det skulle va coolt med ett Next-Gen GTA, förresten det finns ju redan! Och det är Svenskar som har gjort det spelet! http://justcausegame.com/ De är det Svenska bolaget Avalanche som har gjort det!

read this tomblover:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/it/story/0,2789,747440,00.html

that's one bad thing

http://player1.idg.se/Articlepages/200511/24/20051124000808_PL1/20051124000808_PL1.dbp.asp

and that is the worst thing

interstellardave
28-06-06, 13:07
Don't you think this is kind of rude, guys/gals? You know English, why not post so everyone can read what you're posting?

Betal
28-06-06, 13:09
Don't you think this is kind of rude, guys/gals? You know English, why not post so everyone can read what you're posting?

we where just talking about if xbox 360 can crash or not:)

interstellardave
28-06-06, 13:11
we where just talking about if xbox 360 can crash or not:)

Well of course it can. But it shouldn't deter anyone from getting one, 'cause most won't.Don't think that plenty of PS3's won't be crashing too, though, (especially early on)! :p

UNDERTAKER
28-06-06, 13:23
Well of course it can. But it shouldn't deter anyone from getting one, 'cause most won't.Don't think that plenty of PS3's won't be crashing too, though, (especially early on)! :p

But Dave. This is Sony we are talking about here. Nothing could ever go wrong... :p

Oh yeah, and could folks please speak English and not another foreign language. I think 99% of us on these forums can speak/understand English to some extent but very few can understand Swedish etc

Hybrid Soldier
28-06-06, 13:34
As far as problems with the consoles, they were mostly the first run (ones people got on or around November 22nd 2005), and mostly from people who did stupid things (blocking the exhaust fans, putting their 360s in places like entertainment centers where there was insufficient ventilation, moving the console from horizontal to vertical position or vice versa while the system was turned on and had a disk in the tray, etc.).

What the hell? No...the system is fine.

That's because people were doing stupid things with the system (as posted above)

Lara Lover
28-06-06, 13:59
Selling your PS2 for an Xbox? Good idea. I might do that some time.

I'll sell my games indivially, and sell PS2 too. But, I've got to see. I would love to get an Xbox 360 because, the graphics look amazing. But, PS3 graphics look good also. So, I think I'll sell my PS2 and games for PS3 whenever the price lowers :o

Good idea :tmb:

Night Crawler
28-06-06, 14:00
So, I think I'll sell my PS2 and games for PS3 whenever the price lowers :oYou might as well keep the games, you can still play them on the PS3.

tomblover
28-06-06, 14:03
Betal! Jag VÄLTE min Xbox 360 en gång! Eller snarare, DEN välte av sig själv! Och om jag minns rätt hade jag ett spel i Xboxen!! Men den funkar fortfarande!

tomblover
28-06-06, 14:04
As far as problems with the consoles, they were mostly the first run (ones people got on or around November 22nd 2005), and mostly from people who did stupid things (blocking the exhaust fans, putting their 360s in places like entertainment centers where there was insufficient ventilation, moving the console from horizontal to vertical position or vice versa while the system was turned on and had a disk in the tray, etc.).

What the hell? No...the system is fine.

That's because people were doing stupid things with the system (as posted above) Ummm, I just had it in a tight, airless place! Right?

Legend of Lara
28-06-06, 14:39
I think the 360 isn't much of an improvement from the original XBox. Just slightly better graphics that run at one or two framerates faster that's all. Yes I have played both an XBox and 360!

interstellardave
28-06-06, 14:44
I think the 360 isn't much of an improvement from the original XBox. Just slightly better graphics that run at one or two framerates faster that's all. Yes I have played both an XBox and 360!

NOT on an HDTV you haven't (unless you played GUN or another game that basically wasn't much more than a straight port). That much is clear or you couldn't possibly say that and mean it. Taking advantage of HDTV resolutions is a huge part of the "next gen" leap... when you play your PS3 on a regular television you won't really notice as big a difference either.

Hybrid Soldier
28-06-06, 15:01
That's because people were doing stupid things with the system (as posted above)[/quote] Ummm, I just had it in a tight, airless place! Right?

If you are having/had problems with it, then yes, that would be your reason. I do that with all of my systems. I take them out of the entertainment center, put it on the ground, and then hook it up and play it. It's not a good thing to have it in a tight airspace because it doesn't have enough ventilation.

It's definatly a bigger improvement then the original Xbox. Slightly better graphics? Have you seen/played the game Oblivion: The Elder Scrolls?

Memory Bandwidth: 6.4 GB/s(Xbox)
34 GB per second of L-2 memory bandwidth(Xbox 360)

Huge difference there.

illuminati30
28-06-06, 15:11
I just do mad things when i get bored, and i am always selling consoles and trying them all out :D I now have a slim line PS2, basically because i wanted to play all the Tomb Raider games again after years, as i gave them to people and never got them back :mad: Wont be doing that again.

In terms of the stability of the Xbox 360, <touch wood> I have never had problems. I bought mine from the second batch. It always stays totally cool, and its never crashed or anything.

Hybrid Soldier
28-06-06, 15:13
I just do mad things when i get bored, and i am always selling consoles and trying them all out :D I now have a slim line PS2, basically because i wanted to play all the Tomb Raider games again after years, as i gave them to people and never got them back :mad: Wont be doing that again.

In terms of the stability of the Xbox 360, <touch wood> I have never had problems. I bought mine from the second batch. It always stays totally cool, and its never crashed or anything.

Question, did you get the Core package or the Premium?

L.C
28-06-06, 15:21
I agree completely--except I also liked the orginal Xbox. But the Xbox 360 is just great! There is a higher percentage of really good games out for it than for any console I can remember. Of course this is just my opinion but as you know I am not a fanboy. I loved all my consoles when I first got them (still do) but I think the 360 has surpassed them in terms of how much I'm really enjoying it--and so soon.

I couldn't have said it better myself. illuminati30, you made a wise choice there, as you can tell by the other pro-360 posts here. I wasn't interested in upgrading myself, but am so glad I have it now. Cracking console. Even without HDTV!! :D

UNDERTAKER
28-06-06, 15:22

That's silly. Of course it's a massive improvement. You have obviously not played the correct games.

illuminati30
28-06-06, 16:10
Question, did you get the Core package or the Premium?

Core, although i i wish i had gone for the premium.

illuminati30
28-06-06, 16:11
I couldn't have said it better myself. illuminati30, you made a wise choice there, as you can tell by the other pro-360 posts here. I wasn't interested in upgrading myself, but am so glad I have it now. Cracking console. Even without HDTV!! :D

At first I was a bit worried about it, as i didnt lik e the Xbox, but the 360 is great :tmb: Yeah, it still looks fantastic without HDTV.

EDIT Cant wait to get Alan Wake :yah:

illuminati30
28-06-06, 19:02
Just seen this. The 360 has taken a price cut on play.com. £300 with the elder scrolls for the premium pack. Thats pretty good!

http://play.com/Games/Xbox360/HP/3-/1034346/XBox_360_Premium_Console_Bundle_With_Elder_Scrolls _IV_Oblivion/Product.html

illuminati30
28-06-06, 19:05
Infact all the games have fell in price! One is as low as £25!

Waylander
29-06-06, 00:09
I loved the first Xbox and I love the 360. I never had Live first time around and it really add a whole new dimension to the console. I cant wait for Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3, Brothers in Arms and loads of others.