PDA

View Full Version : Cadbury's salmonella infection.

AnthonyShock1515
28-06-06, 19:31
Whats this talk about certain Cadbury products are infected with salmonella.

I must say that ever since this news has hit my school, more people are eating even more of the chocolate. Im eating a large slab of Dairy milk plain. It was rediced to 50 p!:p

Lara's Boy
28-06-06, 19:33
! I didn't know that chocolate could be infected with Salmonella!!

burninglight
28-06-06, 19:33
well i heard soemthing about the froggo bar thigns being infected but thats all

tr_mitch
28-06-06, 19:35
Yep lots of chocolate was took of the shelves... because it contained traces of Salmonella... not too good :(

scion05
28-06-06, 19:36
ur all making me hungry lol!
*get hot choc with chocy bar.... *
btw i want a chocy madonna funeral please :D

MiCkiZ88
whoa.. I havent even heard about that... O.o

Jonnipants
Good excuse to avoid chocolate...

Oh wait I'm still eating it. o-o

tombraider123
28-06-06, 19:47
I heard about this too, the day i had eaten half of a big bar of chocolate... Lol

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-06-06, 19:48
! I didn't know that chocolate could be infected with Salmonella!!

Ew! Neither did I! :eek:

Lara Lover
28-06-06, 19:50
Yeah, It's all over the news. Tescos and other places are reducing their Cadbury bars really cheap. Normal bar of Dairy Milk is only 15p in my corner shop! :p

ace_85
28-06-06, 19:52
Ew! Neither did I! :eek:

Probably best if no-one mentions how it actually got into the production line then...:p

Lara's Boy
28-06-06, 19:54
Probably best if no-one mentions how it actually got into the production line then...:p

Well, now my curiousity is piqued! I must know!! :D

ace_85
28-06-06, 19:58
Well, now my curiousity is piqued! I must know!! :D
Lol! Ok, but I hope it doesn't put too many people off chocolate permanently :D Apparently there was a pipe leaking into one of the main mixing vats. The pipe in question was connected to the outside gutter and the source of the salmonella was believed to be bird droppings which were in the gutter! :eek:

Grenade
28-06-06, 19:59
I hope this isn't true. I love chocolate.

tr_mitch
28-06-06, 20:01
I hope this isn't true. I love chocolate.

It is true!

Lenochka
28-06-06, 20:01
i dont eat much chocolate at all... but i didnt know slamonella could be in chocolate

Grenade
28-06-06, 20:08
It is true!

I have a bar almost every day, and I feel fine. :eek:

Lara's Boy
28-06-06, 20:09
Lol! Ok, but I hope it doesn't put too many people off chocolate permanently :D Apparently there was a pipe leaking into one of the main mixing vats. The pipe in question was connected to the outside gutter and the source of the salmonella was believed to be bird droppings which were in the gutter! :eek:

Ah!! This makes sense. Well, it won't put me off chocolate, I promise :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-06-06, 20:10

*Throws up multiple times*

Wow that's disgusting! But I'll still eat chocolate... Never liked Cadbury's anyway. :D

ace_85
28-06-06, 20:13
:D Play it safe, and steer clear of the nasty choccie bars:

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/EN/CTB2003/information/product_recall

For me, the funniest thing was that they first spotted the problem in January, but didn't do anything about it until people started getting sick... :whi:

Lenochka
28-06-06, 20:19
*Throws up multiple times*

Wow that's disgusting! But I'll still eat chocolate... Never liked Cadbury's anyway. :D

arnt they the ones who make those awsome little creme eggs there so good...^^

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-06-06, 20:19
arnt they the ones who make those awsome little creme eggs there so good...^^

Ew! Those are sick!

jarhead
28-06-06, 22:04
i only like dark chocolate but cadbury's isnt that bad. i dont really care, i hvant been i'll form food poisioning and i dont lead by example when i say i have eaten a bowl of raw merangue ( i cant spell it)

viper456
28-06-06, 22:13
does chocolate have egg in it? im not sure how it is made, bet i just sounded really stupid haha!

jarhead
28-06-06, 22:14
it shouldnt have any egg in it :D

Grenade
28-06-06, 22:28
Hopefully Creme Egg will be okay.:D I like Dairy Milk, too bad it's affected. I don't have it nowadays though.

viper456
28-06-06, 22:34
it shouldnt have any egg in it :D

aaaah this is where the confusion of where the salmonella came from! i understand now!

im also kinda freaked out by the fact ihave a cadburry's Twirl riiiiiiiight next to me...

*stares at it*

*still staring*

*pushes it away*

*pulls it back*

*pushes it away*

god that was a close one! lmao

Jonnipants
28-06-06, 22:42
omg! I ate 1 and a half boxes of cadbury fingers today! Why? WWWHHHYYYYYY!!!!!???? :hea:

viper456
28-06-06, 22:44
omg! I ate 1 and a half boxes of cadbury fingers today! Why? WWWHHHYYYYYY!!!!!???? :hea:

it was nice knowing you :(

lmao only joking, you will be fine!

Jonnipants
28-06-06, 22:45
If I suddenly become idle, you'll know why. :)

viper456
28-06-06, 22:47
uh oooooooooh lol i see you in england therefore i shall be ready with 999! lol

Geck-o-Lizard
28-06-06, 22:55
I don't understand how shop owners can reduce prices of contaminated food like that. They care only about their profits and don't give a **** about their customers. I wonder how happy they'd be if one of their reduced-price chocolate bars sends someone to hospital.

I heard about this after polishing off a big bar of Cadbury's chocolate for my birthday, my first Cadbury bar for a few years, lmao. (I normally eat Galaxy chocolate, not too fond of Cadbury's) :cln:

Grenade
28-06-06, 23:04
I don't understand how shop owners can reduce prices of contaminated food like that. They care only about their profits and don't give a **** about their customers. I wonder how happy they'd be if one of their reduced-price chocolate bars sends someone to hospital.

I heard about this after polishing off a big bar of Cadbury's chocolate for my birthday, my first Cadbury bar for a few years, lmao. (I normally eat Galaxy chocolate, not too fond of Cadbury's) :cln:
I have Galaxy's chocolate nearly everyday, so I guess I'll be fine. What a relief for me. I feel sorry for those who are sick though.:(

scoopy_loopy
29-06-06, 00:50
hahahahaha, its only in the UK and Ireland... YUMM<< I can still eat chocy here in australia yay!

tr_mitch
29-06-06, 01:01
hahahahaha, its only in the UK and Ireland... YUMM<< I can still eat chocy here in australia yay!

Don't be too sure... all things spread... like bird flu.

*Chocolates start attacking*