PDA

View Full Version : Movie Recomendations

jaroro
28-06-06, 19:34
Hello. Im a big fan of Art Movies. I like specially the dramatic-sad ones like "Breaking the Waves", "Dancer in the Dark", "Fateless".
If anyone knows about the subject, can you recomend me some good dramatic-sad movies..? thanks

Catapharact
28-06-06, 19:38
GATTACA :).

Though it may be classified as Sci-Fi, the Drama in this movie is undeniable and touching.

tr_mitch
28-06-06, 19:40
Erm House of Flying Daggers? its a really good film. not sure if its classed as an Art film but still :)

ben croft
28-06-06, 19:40
- Brokeback Mountain (lovely, I cried a lot)
- Any Angie movies

Hope this helps you

:wve:

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-06-06, 20:04
Dramatic sad ones:

- Girl, Interrupted
- Beyond Borders

Artsy ones:

- Memoirs Of a Geisha

jaroro
28-06-06, 20:36
Well I've seen all of them (gattaca, house of flying daggers (I prefer Hero), brokeback..., girl interrupted, beyond borders... and most of angies films.)

But its different type of drama... Im talking like something about this...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJhVM930YXY&search=dead%20can%20dance
watch that and how is it you feel?? I want movies that make you feel that way.

Movies that really touch you even to make you cry, :D Thanks!!

Melonie Tomb Raider
28-06-06, 20:42
K-Pax. I recommend it to anyone! It keeps you thinking from start to finish. One of my favorites. :D

jaroro
28-06-06, 20:55
LOL, umm... not saying that K-Pax was a copy but, watch this movie
"Man Facing Southeast" released in 1986, K-Pax was released in 2001.
Same plot. Same thing. I recommend you Man Facing Southeast if you liked K-Pax.

Mona Sax
28-06-06, 20:59
- The Virgin Suicides (almost too sad for my taste)
- Deeply (very romantic)

scion05
28-06-06, 21:03
Dramatic sad ones:

- Girl, Interrupted
- Beyond Borders

Artsy ones:

- Memoirs Of a Geisha

looks amazin ^.^

stereopathic
28-06-06, 21:24
how about requiem for a dream or the final cut?

jjbennett
28-06-06, 21:27
"Way of the Gun" sort of fits into this category.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202677/

Elysia
28-06-06, 21:31
Elephant.

A very good, thought provoking film.

jaroro
29-06-06, 01:51
Elephant. wow! great movie.. one of my favorites, also Requiem for a Dream, movies like this one I recommend "Spun", "Trainspotting", "Mechanical Orange" (I think thats the name in spanish its Naranja Mecanica) good movies.. looking forward to the movie "The Fountain".
The Final Cut I didnt like anything about the movie.. I dunno why Robin Williams being a good actor took the role, I dunno I didnt like it one bit.

Way of the gun?? havent seen it thanks.. I'll watch it, I just saw "Secrets and Lies" its quite a good movie.

stereopathic
29-06-06, 05:03
Elephant. wow! great movie.. one of my favorites, also Requiem for a Dream, movies like this one I recommend "Spun", "Trainspotting", "Mechanical Orange" (I think thats the name in spanish its Naranja Mecanica) good movies.. looking forward to the movie "The Fountain".
The Final Cut I didnt like anything about the movie.. I dunno why Robin Williams being a good actor took the role, I dunno I didnt like it one bit.

Way of the gun?? havent seen it thanks.. I'll watch it, I just saw "Secrets and Lies" its quite a good movie.
naranja mecanica = a clockwork orange in english. another good one in this vein would be the salton sea.

way of the gun is a great movie. more of a crime film but has great characters with very defined motivations. it's well acted and is written and directed by christopher mcquarrie who wrote the usual suspects, prolly one of the five best movies of the nineties.

jaroro
29-06-06, 05:41
Thanks, I'll watch those movies.. I just watched "Swimming Pool" (I think a watch many movies lol). Its a good movie, quite confusing.

egyptiangal
29-06-06, 06:03
the notebook! so super sad but so romantic

Prince of world
29-06-06, 06:16
Brokeback Mountain
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
LOTR trilogy
X-men 1,2,3
Resident Evil 1,2
Hero
Taegukgi (korean movie)

VonCroy360
29-06-06, 09:52
Crash, definitely.
:)

Mr. & Mrs. Smith
X-men 1,2,3
Resident Evil 1,2

These are sad dramatic movies? :confused:

Blo0d
29-06-06, 11:35
For drama definately Girl Interrupted and Cruel Intentions (the original) and one of my most favoritesGhost World.

TombRaiderLover
29-06-06, 13:55
You like art films???? Thank God I'm not the only one!!!!

As the King of Art Films (:D), I recommend these artistic classics:

*Easy Rider (also quite dramatic)
*The Graduate
*Don't Look Now (dramatic and sad as well as artistic, and also very shocking.)
*A Clockwork Orange

Blo0d
30-06-06, 04:31
A Clockwork Orange was a good movie but I don't think many people would see it for what it means.