PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider + Norse Mythology

tha_mattster
29-06-06, 11:38
I can't recall any tomb raider levels or stories based in scandinavia or even using norse mythology! Why does she never go there? :( It would make a nice change from tibetan mountains.

MiCkiZ88
29-06-06, 11:48
I can't recall any tomb raider levels or stories based in scandinavia or even using norse mythology! Why does she never go there? :( It would make a nice change from tibetan mountains.
whoa.. that would be awesome.. Lara rading Finland and our ancient pagan gods! xD

Thorir
29-06-06, 11:49
There are some nice custom levels with Norse themes. :)

But yeah, it would be kinda fun. The problem is, my ancestors didn't really build any tombs or huge buildings or anything... Just wooden houses, long gone...

tha_mattster
29-06-06, 11:57
There are some nice custom levels with Norse themes. :)

But yeah, it would be kinda fun. The problem is, my ancestors didn't really build any tombs or huge buildings or anything... Just wooden houses, long gone...

Or did they? :D

If lara can find king arthur in a cornish tourist shop, she can find a tomb in scandinavia :D Maybe she will go on a viking long boat and be taken to avalon! Fighting viking skeleton madmen! And find thors hammer and hit amanda with it, hard!

MiCkiZ88
29-06-06, 11:59
Or did they? :D

If lara can find king arthur in a cornish tourist shop, she can find a tomb in scandinavia :D Maybe she will go on a viking long boat and be taken to avalon! Fighting viking skeleton madmen! And find thors hammer and hit amanda with it, hard!
Lamo! :vlol: :vlol:

what about or gods that used to throw huge HUGE rocks :D

tha_mattster
29-06-06, 12:01
never heard of them! But sounds like a good excuse for boulder chases :D

I know of Skaadi, I think lara should fight her! The nepal level in TRL was so cool it would be great to have a bigger icy level. :jmp:

Thorir
29-06-06, 12:06
Well, since it's fiction I suppose Lara could find some remote caves inside a mountain or something. ;)

Let's just hope she doesn't have to fight the Midgard serpent...
It's HUGE! :D It sorrounds the world...

tomblover
29-06-06, 12:41
If you want a TR game/level with Norse mythology, you should try Miss Kroft's Walhalla, It was supposed to have a sequel, but she decided to stop building levels!

sweetPoison
29-06-06, 12:45
I can imagine Lara fighting Odin this time, instead of Seth! And instead of trying to go to Avalon, this time she is trying to go to Valhala! :D

Thorir
29-06-06, 12:55
If you want a TR game/level with Norse mythology, you should try Miss Kroft's Walhalla, It was supposed to have a sequel, but she decided to stop building levels!

Oh no, I didn't know she stopped building. :(
She was so talented... :(

Once Upon a Time by Horus is also a great set of Norse levels.

tomblover
29-06-06, 12:57
Well at least I think she stopped, I think I read it somewhere...

tha_mattster
29-06-06, 13:05
I've never tried custom levels, what do I need to play them and how do they compare with the levels from the games? Do they have cutscenes?

Thorir
29-06-06, 13:09
I can imagine Lara fighting Odin this time, instead of Seth! And instead of trying to go to Avalon, this time she is trying to go to Valhala! :D

Odin is a good God, so she should rather fight the evil creatures! The Midgard serpent, Fenris/Fenrir and Hel, the ruler of the Underworld!
And the Jotun giants...

The Gods and the Giants meet in the apocalyptic war Ragnarok and the world will end, but two humans will survive and a New World will be born...

Thorir
29-06-06, 13:11
I've never tried custom levels, what do I need to play them and how do they compare with the levels from the games? Do they have cutscenes?

You can download everything you need from www.tombraiderchronicles.com (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com). :)

And a level manager will make installing levels much easier, but I can't remember the adress right now.

There are no real cutscenes, but flybys and simple "cutscenes" can be made from them... Like Lara walking/running and picking up items or something". Some levels also have voices.

You have to try them! There are over a thousand levels. Many are MUCH better than any official level. :)

tha_mattster
29-06-06, 13:21
The Gods and the Giants meet in the apocalyptic war Ragnarok and the world will end, but two humans will survive and a New World will be born...

I think the prophecy said its lara and mattster. :jmp: I'm sorry I dont have time to repopulate the world! I'm trying to get these damn switches in The Temple of Puna!:D

(I'll try custom levels one day, but i'd rather finish the games first!)

VonCroy360
29-06-06, 13:27
Yes, there were, in TRP...
:)

tomblover
29-06-06, 13:30
You can download everything you need from www.tombraiderchronicles.com (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com). :)

And a level manager will make installing levels much easier, but I can't remember the adress right now.

There are no real cutscenes, but flybys and simple "cutscenes" can be made from them... Like Lara walking/running and picking up items or something". Some levels also have voices.

You have to try them! There are over a thousand levels. Many are MUCH better than any official level. :) Some levels have cutscenes, actually, real ones I mean, Also, you should know that some levels have vehicles, but you can't have water-vehicles, but come to think of it, I actually heard a rumor that a person did a water-vehicles that worked!

Thorir
29-06-06, 13:32
Some levels have cutscenes, actually, real ones I mean, Also, you should know that some levels have vehicles, but you can't have water-vehicles, but come to think of it, I actually heard a rumor that a person did a water-vehicles that worked!

Yeah, I've seen some pics from cutscenes, but never actually seen any in a game! :D

And sad about the no underwater-vehicle. I think it's because TRLE uses the TR4 engine, and there was no underwater-vehicle in it.

Baslakor
29-06-06, 14:01
http://web.axelero.hu/sanyi953/wonder_viking.gif

Wood can be preserved for a long time. Specially when it's hidden in a cave or in a forgotten valley ;)