PDA

View Full Version : Lara's Home?

Pablo.CT
29-06-06, 18:50
Just curiouse about something. The first TR I played was TR2 back in 1997, I was only 7 and believe i or not I only got the game for the Mansion i didnt really bother with the real game.

I loved and still do Love the classic Lara's Home and my immediate reaction to it was, wow this is amazing I love it, best Level ever (I didnt realise that it was a training Level)

Im just wondering what you though about Lara's Home when you first got TR1-3 and what was your reaction to when they took it out of The last revelation.

VonCroy360
29-06-06, 18:54
I was also quite small and I remember thinking "I want the same house when I grow up"... :)
Now I want Lara's movie home when I grow up... :D

Pablo.CT
29-06-06, 18:55
It was my favourite part of the game, still is I think.

Lara Croft!
29-06-06, 18:56
Im just wondering what you though about Lara's Home when you first got TR1-3 and what was your reaction to when they took it out of The last revelation.

I threw my playstation on the wall and sued Eidos!LOL!I love the TR II and III mansion too!

pythontrainer
29-06-06, 19:00
well i agree completly, and it was when i was young too, i was 10 or 11? i loved the feeling of being lara home alone, HER home all hers, i loved the pool, and her little bedroom, and how it was sooo big but you didnt need to load anything!

lol but i DiD love the game also (TR2) i just loved being taken away from my lil bedroom to all these wild adventurous exotic places, being protected by a strong willed women with HUGE.... pistols to fight the baddies with :D then suddenly mom would yell DINNER and id have to save..

Pablo.CT
29-06-06, 19:02
well i agree completly, and it was when i was young too, i was 10 or 11? i loved the feeling of being lara home alone, HER home all hers, i loved the pool, and her little bedroom, and how it was sooo big but you didnt need to load anything!

lol but i DiD love the game also (TR2) i just loved being taken away from my lil bedroom to all these wild adventurous exotic places, being protected by a strong willed women with HUGE.... pistols to fight the baddies with :D then suddenly mom would yell DINNER and id have to save..

Childhood Memories :D

Agent 47
29-06-06, 19:14
believe it or not, i started console gaming at the tender age of 21 lol

got a PS1 for christmas 1998 with Resi Evil and some racing game...first game i personally bought (3rd game in total) was Tomb Raider

as for her home...i liked them all to be honest,the assault course in the garden was enjoyable:D

dbot
29-06-06, 19:19
I cant remember how old i was when i first played tomb raider...it was around the time TR2 came out, which if TR2 came out in 1997.....I was about 11 i reckon. I remember playing the home level and getting excited when she said "now i better take off these wet clothes". I dont think i played the game all the way through, either. I think i got a hold of the level skip cheat, and played each level up to a point and then moved on. I think i beat most of the levels, though....this was like 9 years ago though, so i dont remember much

tr_mitch
29-06-06, 19:42
Welcome back to my humble aboad... feel free to take a look around!

Ahhh i remember that soo well from when i was a kid... well i still am but youngster.

Lenochka
29-06-06, 19:51
awwwwwww i was younger when i started playing. I thought it was amazing! I was like. wow this is a big house... how this is a big pool... wow she can jump really high!!! hehe i loved the mansion and still do to this day ^^

Prince of world
30-06-06, 03:24
at the first time I played lara's home in TR3
I was so exited cos there's no any game like this, and I didn't think that it's training level too
however I like lara's home

EscondeR
30-06-06, 04:52
I started with TR1 in 1997. I knew home was a training level. But who cares, it was brilliant. ;)
BTW, IMO ingame Lara's home :yah: much better than movie one!!!

DREWY
30-06-06, 05:01
Can't really remember what I first thought of the mansion, although I seem to remember spending quite a bit of time in there. Especially TR3 with the quad bike and discovering the corner bug.
What I can remember is how annoyed I was when it disappeared in TR4. Having to do the training each time you started the game. :hea: I know you can skip it but I like to get as many secrets as possible and you miss 8 by skipping. I imagine they knew Lara would 'die' and it would be hard to go back home once entombed or dead.

Mad Tony
30-06-06, 06:03
I prefered the story (mansion is still good though)
And when TR1 first came out and I was about 5, I kept nagging my Dad to get up to the last boss in 2 days!

Alister Fletcher
30-06-06, 06:51
I Didn't bother with Last Revelation just because it didn'tt have the mansion in it. The mansion is the only place you can relax without danger or anything.