PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry Field (A Story I'm Writing)

TombRaiderLover
30-06-06, 21:16
I have a few ideas for a story I'm writing. It's a horror story, and I'm trying to avoid as much cliches as I can. It sort of goes like this.

*Three friends move to a small house in the countryside
*They are unaware that a psychotic man usually visits their home and lives in their basement
*The friends eventually discover the man, who kills two of them (one's shot, one's face is smashed on the end of a stair banister)
*The girl is chased by the killer, who . . . in a twist ending . . . kills her, HA HA HA!!!!!!!

I would like some people to give me some more ideas to avoid as man horror cliches as possible. For a start, the killer kills his victims with a gun, which is uncommon! :D

TombRaiderLover
30-06-06, 21:19
I just had an idea! Two people survive!!! Usually, only one survives! A huge cliche avoided!

And could anybody give me an idea of why the killer kills that doesn't have to do with insanity or being abused by a child.

jarhead
30-06-06, 21:21
oh i so like when people ollow the line from the smiths

' happy endings are stories that havnt finished yet' . :D

you've got some great ideas there TRL but perhaps you could include a death by her getting poisioned etc with results similar to those 'rasperberries' in blade and the collars in battle royale :D

KA BOOM!!

EDIT: perhaps secretly the one person who survives is the insanes son/daughter. however she gets killed in a freak accident and he lives his life. you expect it to be a happy ending but hes just as insane without his long lost son/daughter

TombRaiderLover
30-06-06, 21:24

you've got some great ideas there TRL but perhaps you could include a death by her getting poisioned etc with results similar to those 'rasperberries' in blade and the collars in battle royale :D

KA BOOM!!
Good idea! A death that doesn't involve stabbing or shooting! Goodbye to cliches!

Thanks for saying I have good ideas. :D

Oh, and hardly any of my stories have happy endings.

TombRaiderLover
30-06-06, 21:26
OK, the two girls get away after the boy is poisoned (ha, ha.)

The girl who ISN'T the main character escapes somehow. The main character dies! YAY!

Titanium
30-06-06, 21:29
Perhaps make all the characters in there 80's :D

jarhead
30-06-06, 21:29
oh perhaps the escaped character could grow up and have some children and live a normal life??

sounds boring, make her a MAN!!! :D

TombRaiderLover
30-06-06, 21:30
Perhaps make all the characters in there 80's :D
Aggghhhh!

jarhead
30-06-06, 21:32
or parents. snuk off to have a weekend away from their kids. :cln:

poor kids

xMiSsCrOfTx
30-06-06, 22:12

:D :hug:

Okay, this idea is insane, but have one of the characters secretly fall in love with the psychopath. :D

TombRaiderLover
01-07-06, 10:17
:D :hug:

Okay, this idea is insane, but have one of the characters secretly fall in love with the psychopath. :D
:yik: :eek: :vlol:

scion05
01-07-06, 10:37
have the story set in the mid 80*s
Dont let the enemy kill the goodie, make it
so he " dies " then at the end, when she is at
home years later, he watches her and gets revenge :D

jarhead
01-07-06, 11:41
ok ive thought of this all night but here goes.

the 3 40 something adults are drunk form a night out at the pub
they walk into a empty cottage, all dark and misty ( this wont be a cliche)
they wake up fresh as daisies and get attcked by the pyschopath. chainsaws, hammers etc etc. bllod guts and gore at mid day with the sun shining. you get the idea
2 survive, but one dies in a freak accident and the other lives a normal life.
a couple of years later she checks into a pyscho thing home.
she finds out that shes the physcopath and was gonna kill her friends that ngiht but the 'killer' was her mind stopping her form going through with it
finihsed, i hope it made sense. i would love to see a film like that one day

TombRaiderLover
01-07-06, 12:50
ok ive thought of this all night but here goes.

the 3 40 something adults are drunk form a night out at the pub
they walk into a empty cottage, all dark and misty ( this wont be a cliche)
they wake up fresh as daisies and get attcked by the pyschopath. chainsaws, hammers etc etc. bllod guts and gore at mid day with the sun shining. you get the idea
2 survive, but one dies in a freak accident and the other lives a normal life.
a couple of years later she checks into a pyscho thing home.
she finds out that shes the physcopath and was gonna kill her friends that ngiht but the 'killer' was her mind stopping her form going through with it
finihsed, i hope it made sense. i would love to see a film like that one day
That last bit sounds interesting, but I don't quite get it. Everything else is great, though, and pretty much what I had in mind.

TombRaiderLover
01-07-06, 13:05
Ok, it goes something like this.

*Three drunk friends move into a small cottage. Two are women, one is a man.
*After a few arguments and moving in furniture, they fall asleep, leaving the door open.
*They are awoken only a couple of hours later (it's now probably 1 in the morning) by a psychopath who has crept into their cottage.
*He kills the man with poison (possibly) and chases the women out of the cottage across a huge field.
*The girls take refuge in a large abandoned shed
*The killer comes in, the girls escape and the chase resumes
*Both girls lie face-down on the floor among grown fruit (it is a blueberry field, of course.) The killer searches for them.
*When the killer is at a far enough distance, the girls get up and run. They get a biker to stop.
*He tells the girls that he can only carry one of them. One girl gets on, betraying the other, and the man drives off with her leaving the other girl.
*The girl is chased by the killer through mud. She sinks through and drowns, as if it's quicksand.
*And then I'll use Jarhead's ending, once I understand it properly.

jarhead
01-07-06, 13:19
sent you a PM. perhaps someone who gets it might be able to explian it a bit better. i'm rubbish at explaining

TombRaiderLover
01-07-06, 15:35
I've wrote some of the story. Don't worry, I understand the ending aswell, now.

TombRaiderLover
02-07-06, 09:43
I've even made a cover.

Dante Croft
02-07-06, 09:48
If a girl esapes then the girl should have a child with someone from the contrie

And the baby is infected with the pyco type thing and the baby trys to kill her in number 2

but she don't know its trying to kill her.

Its one idea for the moment I still got more.

Dante Croft
02-07-06, 09:50
Thats My idea For Part 2 to start

Hope ya like it

TombRaiderLover
02-07-06, 09:53
Thanks, but I'm trying to make the story as realistic as possible.

OK, the three drunken friends move into a house, despite the refusal of one of them, because the house could already be inhabited. The main character Mary insists that it's abandoned.

There are arguments, and Johnny flushes the drugs down the toilet to wind Mary up.

They all go to sleep.

They are awoken by a man who comes into the cottage.

Johnny is killed, but the girls escape.

One girl almost gets away with a biker, but she's shot dead.

The other escapes (not sure how, yet.)

The survivor soon finds out that she killed her friends, but her mind has been playing tricks with her. She was led to believe that a once-alive killer had murdered her friends.

jarhead
02-07-06, 10:22
i love it, great i cant wait to read it, are you gonna post in when its finsihed ??

and why not make it during dawn when theres some sun. but cliche 'ik if its during the night

Dante Croft
02-07-06, 10:37
Yeh sounds pritty good

Just got to make a number 2

AnthonyShock1515
02-07-06, 11:19
You could have a part in the end, where she is escaping on a boat, shes sailing soflty over the rippled waters, golden sunset in the distance, lovely relaxed atmosphere, and the killer comes gracefully out of the back of the bat, and stabs her, and rips her stomach open, happily ever after.

Having the last killing like that will add good effect.

TombRaiderLover
02-07-06, 13:42
You could have a part in the end, where she is escaping on a boat, shes sailing soflty over the rippled waters, golden sunset in the distance, lovely relaxed atmosphere, and the killer comes gracefully out of the back of the bat, and stabs her, and rips her stomach open, happily ever after.

Having the last killing like that will add good effect.
Isn't that directly from Friday the 13th?

Scottlee
02-07-06, 13:49
How about making the story more chillingly colourful, and have the killer keep a crocodile in the basement, which is chained to the wall. You wouldn't need to have the croc kill anyone, or get involved in the story too much. The simple fact it would be down there would make the house all that more creepy.

TombRaiderLover
02-07-06, 14:08
The story doesn't take place in the house much.

I'm on Chapter Two. Johnny has been shot in the face by a shotgun and the two girls have made a run for it.

TombRaiderLover
02-07-06, 14:10
i love it, great i cant wait to read it, are you gonna post in when its finsihed ??
Thanks. :hug:
I'm not sure. I'm writing it out on paper at the moment, and it's going to be fairly long. Infact, I'll post some in the artwork section now. Wait.