PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Rivendell
30-06-06, 23:26
Ahoy :wve:

Is anyone else totally hyped up about seeing it?
There's just some pics floating around that intrigue me!
http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/8/t/M/piratesofthecaribbean2pubi.jpg
Will/Elizabeth imprisoned??

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/K/t/M/piratesofthecaribbean2pubo.jpg
I just keep thinking Return of the Jedi - C3PO when I see this pic!

Teaser tracks of the soundtrack have also been released:
http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/soundtracks/pirates2/index.html
And Hans Zimmer seems to have used a fair bit of Klaus Badelt's score (fair play, they worked together on PotC 1 ) and it sounds great! :D

All things to plan, I'll hopefully have seen it by this time next week :jmp:
Hurray! :yah:

jarhead
30-06-06, 23:37
my friends are outraged that keirs asked if she could kiss depp in the movie and he agreed.

Rivendell
30-06-06, 23:41
Haha! It looks like something's happening between them in the trailer!

Geck-o-Lizard
30-06-06, 23:59
Klaus Badelt and Hans Zimmer are two of my favourite movie score musicians. Always guaranteed to be a grand sountrack when they're behind the rudder... er, wheel. :D

I'm looking forward to the movie; I'll buy tickets to go see it. Should be loads of fun, though probably won't be as cool as the original since it's not... well, original, a second time round. But pirates rock (as does Johnny Depp...), and that's that. :jmp:

kangaxx
01-07-06, 00:54
i am anxious to see it, i love the first one, and i think the character Jack Sparrow one of the moust difficult ones to represent, it is a true chalenge to any actor in a leading role.

xMiSsCrOfTx
01-07-06, 01:08
Can't wait to see this! I loved the first one! :tmb:

PirateRose
01-07-06, 01:14
nUuuuuuuu! get it away from me. AHHHHHHH X.X
the skeletons, the horror, omg nightmares. X.X

RoseTyler
01-07-06, 01:47
I'm quite looking forward to seeing this... however, I'd be far more excited if I hadn't had to wait about 3 years to see it since watching the first one. :(
If you ask me, they didn't have to make sequels as the first one was fantastic and is one of my favourite movies.

I know what happens in this one anyway :p I was so impatient I read the story. I've a feeling people will hate Elizabeth more than they did the first time round. ;)

Its actually quite worrying, I hope everything turns out ok in the third movie...

ILG49ers
01-07-06, 02:20
I'll probably be seeing it opening day! It looks like it will be just as entertaining as the first one was. :tmb:

Mr_X
03-07-06, 16:32
I loved the first one and the trailers for the sequel look amazing. I'm definatly seeing it the day it comes out! Johnny Depp will no doubt steal the show again, and Keira Knightley is looking to be a lot more involved in the action this time.

Lara's Boy
03-07-06, 16:36
I can't wait!! It looks like such a good movie, I think it could even be better than the first! I love the way Depp portrays Sparrow, he was my favorite part of the first movie. I also can't wait to see Keira (I know a lot of people here don't like her, but c'mon, she is hot!)! :wve:

Rivendell
03-07-06, 16:38
I've got my tickets for Thursday morning, Can't WAIT! :D
The OST previews seem pretty cool !

saray
03-07-06, 18:58
i SO can't wait, it's all i've been talking about for the past 3-4 weeks :D :jmp: in the trailers johnny depps looking as great as ever !! :p...im so excited !!!! :jmp: :jmp:

Apofiss
03-07-06, 19:25
Waiting for it for a looong time! So 4 days t'go! :jmp: "You are a marked man.. Jack Sparrow" :D

RAID
03-07-06, 19:27
:jmp: can't wait for Pirates of the Caribbean 3 :p

Rivendell
03-07-06, 19:34
Rumored to be called 'World's End' isn't it?

Forwen
03-07-06, 22:13
What I worry about is that Sparrow will be overpresented.

Depp's creation of the main character is undeniably the only reason that this movie didn't sink into oblivion as a yet another summer blockbuster. And not only that - Sparrow is already a recognised, independent figure in the popular culture. But as I understand it, most of Sparrow's famous traits were introduced by Depp himself, out of his own creativity. So, what has me worried is that this time, due to huge expectations of the audience, Verbinski will try to go the safe way and limit Depp's freedom in order to only recycle and strengthen old gags from the first episode, assuming Sparrow's image is still fresh enough to withstand that. I don't want Sparrow to be ever placed on the barometer of masses' demand for slapstick. And that his stumble in the first trailer (were there any others?) still troubles me.

And yeah, I'm hyped.

DREWY
03-07-06, 22:38
Looks so cool. Can't wait. Going Thursday (I hope)

"I love those moments. I like to wave to them as they pass by"

GodOfLight
03-07-06, 22:47
pirates of the carribean was one of the worst movies i have ever seen. :( but i'm happy you're excited for it rivendell. i just find the story quite trite :p jonni depp is of course great in the film... but sadly orlando bloom cannot act for **** and kiera knightly was a little predictable...

anyway, due to my initial dissapointment with the first one, i doubt i'll be going out of my way to see the second one. i hope you pirate fans enjoy it though :wve:

(hey, i did once upon a time enjoy the disney ride! :jmp: )

Forwen
04-07-06, 00:08
i just find the story quite trite :p jonni depp is of course great in the film... but sadly orlando bloom cannot act for **** and kiera knightly was a little predictable...

Because the rest of the film was in fact quite average (apart from the music of course :tmb: ). Most of the hype always was Sparrow-driven.

Rivendell
06-07-06, 09:45
:yah: I'm off in half an hour to see it, I'm unbeliavably excited :D I'll mini review it (spoiler-free of course) when I come back :jmp:

Jamie18
06-07-06, 15:03
I saw it a few hours ago.

I have to say I was really disappointed with it, but I won't spoil the experience for anyone.

Rivendell
06-07-06, 15:09
I'm back !

Wow!
That's one hell of a film. Exciting, freaky, dark, Hilarious, epic, Great twists and turns, ace fights, brilliant plot, fantastic characters, some cool new characters as well as some of the old ones, music is as good as the first film's..
Some classic Sparrow moments there too!

Top notch :tmb: 8.5/10
The only problem was - it hurt my bladder! I desperately needed the toilet by the end, but it was so good I didn't want to miss a second!

Let me leave you with a great quote:
Look! An undead monkey!

:jmp: I want to see it again! :jmp:

Andromeda66
06-07-06, 15:20
my friends are outraged that keirs asked if she could kiss depp in the movie and he agreed.

They were saying he was uncomfortable with it as first because of their age difference but he agreed in the end(Geez How much did they have to pay him?)
Whoops...or shouldn't I have said that :whi:

Rivendell
06-07-06, 15:22
(Geez How much did they have to pay him?)

:eek: I doubt they had to pay him extra to do that :cln: ;)

Andromeda66
06-07-06, 15:23
:D knew I shouldn't have said that :whi:

xMiSsCrOfTx
06-07-06, 15:24
I'm seeing it soon, but I'm afraid this is going to be one of those movies where the sequels ruin it. :( It looks good, but with most of these action sequels, they try to do everything bigger and better the second time around, usually ending up wrecking the series.

Lavinder
06-07-06, 15:29
I will be going to see it on saturday with my friend, hopefully :D

Rivendell
06-07-06, 15:29
I actually came out thinking "that's a hell of a sequel". They've not just re-done a Pirate film with a completely different plot,- like some films go "Wow, we could make some cash!" - this one has depth, a cool story, ties it brilliantly with the first and sets things up for the end. The first, second and third are all part of one big plot, and I'm highly anticipating the third!

xMiSsCrOfTx
06-07-06, 15:30
I actually came out thinking "that's a hell of a sequel". They've not just re-done a Pirate film with a completely different plot,- like some films go "Wow, we could make some cash!" - this one has depth, a cool story, ties it brilliantly with the first and sets things up for the end. The first, second and third are all part of one big plot, and I'm highly anticipating the third!

That's great to hear! Now I really can't wait to see it. :D

Angel666
06-07-06, 15:56
I cannot wait to see this. Bill Nighy and Johnny Depp are two of my favorite actors and it just looks so epic. :jmp: And Go Keira! I'd have asked to kiss him too. I think she's a good actress but in the commentary of the first one she was very loud. Very. I had to turn down the TV almost completely.