PDA

View Full Version : Is a PSP worth getting?

God Horus
10-07-06, 16:04
Recently my PS2 broke *sigh*, so I was thinking, Is a PSP worth getting. I heard that the analog stick is hard to use. Does anyone here have a PSP and is it woth it?

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-07-06, 16:06
The analog stick IS hard to use, but I guess if you have one and you're playing it all the time, you could get used to it. I actually get dizzy while I play because sometimes I'm moving and concentrating on the screen while the PSP is moving around makes me sick. :p But they're awesome, so I'd recommend getting one!

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 16:07
I have one and it is a very good console, but there aren't that many great games for it.
I got used to the analog stick after a while.

Mad Tony
10-07-06, 16:08
I haven't got one but I think it is worth getting.

TheEveningStar
10-07-06, 16:08
i would say wait for PS3 lol:p just cause u will be able to play ur old games and the new ones to come, besides psp doesnt have that many good games.

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-07-06, 16:17
i would say wait for PS3 lol:p just cause u will be able to play ur old games and the new ones to come, besides psp doesnt have that many good games.

There's a solution.

Gothlegend
10-07-06, 18:48
omg!!!!!!!! a psp is worth getting! u can get online with it if u pick up a signal (no security is reccomended) and u can buy TRL for it! wwwwoooooohooo the psp rox!

Titanium
10-07-06, 20:44
Well if you can wait long enough, you can use that money to help you buy a PS3. This will play your old playstation 2 games for you as well :)

Or if you really want a PSP, then I reccomend it. This has some really good games on it and it can also be used as a multimedia center for music and video. If you get a good memory card (1GB+) then it is brilliant!

God Horus
10-07-06, 23:00
A PS3 is going to be around 700 bucks when it comes out, and I've kept that much money on the side to get it. How hard is the analog stick? Is it stuck onto the PSP?

v.dog
10-07-06, 23:16
I hate to be the voice of dissent, but I'd be more inclined to go for the Wii. It'll have more inovative games (especially with the remote), Nintendo's back catalogue available to download (mmm... Goldeneye 64, Perfect dark, and Starfox), and you'll get a whole lot more for your money (http://www.brittlefish.com/2006/07/07/ps3-or/).

TrojanMan
10-07-06, 23:37
Both the PSP and DS are definately worth owning. Both systems have plenty of great games, but the PSP tends to have issues with loading times, whereas DS game have virtually none. Also, the PSP is more expensive, but it has tons of cool features that the DS doesn't have. Really, you can't go wrong with either one.

As for the new systems, I'd say the same. PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii will all end up being fantastic systems.