PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about my signature?

PirateRose
11-07-06, 04:41
I was doing some research, trying to inspire my writings, when I cam across this quote:

"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love." said by Charlie Brown in those old Peanut comic strips.

(Charles M. Schulz - RIP)

So what do you guys think. I find it hilarious yet true.

psychokitten
11-07-06, 04:47
Call me blonde but I dun get it...lol

Mad Tony
11-07-06, 06:05
Call me blonde but I dun get it...lol

Same here. :confused:

Lavinder
11-07-06, 06:09
I was doing some research, trying to inspire my writings, when I cam across this quote:

"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love." said by Charlie Brown in those old Peanut comic strips.

Awwwww :)

At first I thought you were on about my beloved Charlie out of Lost with the imaginary peanut butter. :hug:

PirateRose
11-07-06, 16:06
lol, sorry for the really late response.

unrequited love is when you love someone and they don't love you back.

peanut butter is just usually yummy and good, but because Charlie is depressed for not being with the girl he likes, the peanut butter is just not good any more.

Lara Croft!
11-07-06, 16:27
Poor Charlie!!!!If I could talk to him,I'd tell him that true love can only happen if both persons are "there".If the one is and the other ignores him,then the first person made a mistake!

PirateRose
11-07-06, 16:34
unrequited love is a torturous, depressing thing. If any of you would like a good example of such, check out The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I'm sure most Americans have been forced to read this in english and literature classes in Highschool. But its overall a fantastic little novelette. You can also check out the movie, but as always, the book is better and its not really to hard of a read.

Lara Croft!
11-07-06, 16:41
We will do this book in my university the upcoming semester!

L.C
11-07-06, 16:47

Pirate Rose, I'm with you on this one. Was it just the comic strip or was it actually in one of the Peanuts tv cartoons? Regardless, it makes sense to me as well :D

PirateRose
11-07-06, 16:49
i do believe it was in a comic strip. Although they did take some famous parts of the comic strips and put them into the cartoon show.