PDA

View Full Version : Seven explosions destroy a train in Bombay, India

JamesFKirk
11-07-06, 15:45
Seven explosion tore apart a commuter train in India. Local authorities report 135 dead with much higher final death toll expected. Witnesses spoke about "limbs lying everywhere". It's supposed that it's most likely a terrorist attack.

http://www.cnn.com/rssclick/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/07/11/mumbai.blasts/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

Andromeda66
11-07-06, 15:46
Update: There are eight. One on the railway platform :(

rachkitten
11-07-06, 15:48
Thats terrible :( was there children on the trains? :(:(

Catapharact
11-07-06, 15:49
Methodical *******s. Planned and co-ordinated alright. Wait till they all pack in the trains and...

*Sigh...* I am so getting sick.

raiderfun
OMG !
Always problem in this bloody hell of earth :rolleyes:

jarhead
i hope any children are safe, though i doubt children didnt get hurt. children dying in these situation is always distressing. hope you and your friends are ok andromeda

JamesFKirk
11-07-06, 15:51
I don't think I will ever understand this. What is the point of this? Isn't there enough people dying each day of sicknesses, wars etc? Why does someone think there's need to kill more and more people? :cen: This is just terrible. I may be from a country far away, but this saddens me the same. :( I don't know, I can't find the words... :(

rachkitten
11-07-06, 15:52
It really upsets me, but also makes me very angry too :mad:

Catapharact
Well war is war. You know what they say; "One man's terrorist is another man's hero."

Andromeda66
I hope so too. Cant get through to them :( . All lines are jammed.

More than 100 people have been killed. Its a bomb. It kills children and adults alike :( Death toll is rising.

Its strange, the civilian population helping out consists of Hindus and Muslims alike. I dont know WHERE the rivalry is.

JamesFKirk
11-07-06, 15:54
Well war is war. You know what they say; "One man's terrorist is another man's hero."
This is not war. This is madness. The saying is sadly true... Although I do not understand the people that are rejoiced when somebody kills somebody else. Never. To take a life is easy. To give life back is impossible.

Catapharact
11-07-06, 15:57
If morality ever stuck on people's heads, we wouldn't have crimes, rapes, Murders, Perversion, etc. Humanity is corrupt. Just accept it and move on. I have.

Andromeda66
11-07-06, 15:59
^ its a bit strange to have you sounding so cynical Cat :D

rachkitten
11-07-06, 16:00
If morality ever stuck on people's heads, we wouldn't have crimes, rapes, Murders, Perversion, etc. Humanity is corrupt. Just accept it and move on. I have.

It sickens me to even imagine what those people are thinking when they do these type of things :rolleyes:

Catapharact
11-07-06, 16:02
^ its a bit strange to have you sounding so cynical Cat :D

Blame reality *Le sigh.*

interstellardave
11-07-06, 16:06
As crass as it sounds, for most people it just depends on your viewpoint. When the Germans bombed London and other UK cities, it was an abomination... when UK and American pilots bombed German cities (like Dresden) literally off the map, they were heros...

NOTE: I don't personally subscribe to that opinion, but many people share it...

JamesFKirk
11-07-06, 16:07
The world is really a sometimes a really sick place... But it's what people make it. If we lose hope and will to make it something better, then it will stay that way. I am a realist (and an idealist too, but somehow I do not believe my ideals will ever come true) and know that this world is a place where bad has higher probability that the good. Because today people think that way. Want it that way. Sadly.

Catapharact
11-07-06, 16:11
Those who actually help or have given up their lives to make this world a better place rarely get recognized. I see more supportes of Angelina Jolie on this forum than of people like "Doctors without Borders" or UN personalles.

JamesFKirk
11-07-06, 16:12
Those who actually help or have given up their lives to make this world a better place rarely get recognized. I see more supportes of Angelina Jolie on this forum than of people like "Doctors without Borders" or UN personalles. I'd say that's because places where help is needed aren't spotlights for a single person. Movies/Music are spotlights for a single person.

interstellardave
11-07-06, 17:36
Those who actually help or have given up their lives to make this world a better place rarely get recognized. I see more supportes of Angelina Jolie on this forum than of people like "Doctors without Borders" or UN personalles.

It's the "cult of personality". (Thank you, Living Colour)

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 17:43
That's awful. :(
I hate terrorists. Pull out vicious attacks on innocent people. They! :mad: Must! :mad: Be! :mad: Stopped!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Andromeda66
11-07-06, 17:45
Oh just for clarifications, and to make things look a little less bleak, the 8th bomb didnt go off. The squad managed to diffuse it. So there's something positive.

amlai
11-07-06, 17:52
What a tragic news :(

Greenkey2
11-07-06, 18:51
It's terrible news :( Sadly these events are uncommon these days :( My thoughts are with the families of the dead.