PDA

View Full Version : The Official Design-a-Game Thread

Winston_the_butler
11-07-06, 21:55
Here's my Idea, I constantly have ideas for video games I know will never be made, or even heard of outside my family, so I thought, why not share them here. we could all share our video game ideas, and improve on them.
Let me know if you think this is a good Idea.

Idea #1:
Need for Speed: ManHunt
Consoles: Microsoft Xbox360 / Sony PS3 / PC
A racer patterned after the game, Need For Speed: High Stakes, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Using both Friendly and Enemy AI, You can be a cop or a crook and speed your way through several cities, creating elaborate police pursuits without boundries. You're car is totalled in a collison. The pursuit doesn't stop there, as you can try to outrun your opponent, the crooks hide wherever they can, and the cops set up a dragnet to try and bring them in. Using sophisticated means to hide (climbing fences, ducking inside shops) and to find (police helicopter, radio communication), will bring a new aspect to this exciting game.

Idea #2:
StarWars: Universal Reach
Consoles: Microsoft Xbox 360/ Sony PS3/ Nintendo Wii
SCRAPPED: felt too much like Republic Commando

Idea #3:
Living Pictures
Consoles: Nintendo DS
With the touchpad of the DS, you can make images of whatever you feel like. Using this, and designating parts of the drawing as certain animated objects, soon the drawing comes alive as these pieces jump to life and begin to interact with each other. With the unlimited possibilites, this game is sure to bring quick entertainment to any DS owner.

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 22:09
Brilliant idea there. :D

IDEA # 1-
Assasin's Sniper
Systems: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii
Like Hitman but more of a hi-tech stealhathon. You are a nameless assasin, traveling around the globe making hits. Takes full advantage of the motion-sensor pads of PS3 and Wii.
Kind of a mix between Hitman and Splinter Cell.

IDEA # 2-
Fear takes Flight
Systems: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii, XBox 360, Sony PSP
A normal man takes a plane but it's full of mobs. Survive 48 hours in this survival horror and stealth game.
PS3 and Wii versions use the motion-sensor, 360's version is constantly online, with other players on the plane while PSP has to settle with extra unlockable content.

IDEA # 3-
Let's Show off Characters
System: Nintendo DS
Build a hero or villain with the touchscreen and send them on a journey to cyberspace. Other players can see your creations and you can see other's. Competition and chatting is involved.

IDEA # 4-
SingStar Techno
Systems: Sony PS2, Sony PS3
A SingStar game with vocal techno songs. Simple as that.

:D

Lenochka
11-07-06, 22:10
Idea #1:
Tomb Raider: Revenge Part 1
Consoles: PS2, PC, GBA, GC,

you Play as AOD lara who is seeking revenge on all the spoiled fans who said " AOD sucked "

Idea #2:
Tomb Raider: Revenge Part 2

You play as Legend lara and are seeking revenge on all the spoiled fans who keep making " TR:L sucks " threads

:tea:

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 22:11
Idea #1:
Tomb Raider: Revenge Part 1

you Play as AOD lara who is seeking revenge on all the spoiled fans who said " AOD sucked "

Idea #2:
Tomb Raider: Revenge Part 2

You play as Legend lara and are seeking revenge on all the spoiled fans who keep making " TR:L sucks " threads

:tea:

:vlol:

Virusbuster
11-07-06, 22:31
Sigh, here are two games that I've been thinking of for a long time...

AGR: Anti-Gravity Racing
A racing game in Mario Kart style. The catch is that there's no such thing as gravity. You can drive on the ground, on the walls and even in the ceiling. I already have cars, levels and music planned, and yet it'll never be made...

Final Fantasy: Arena
Was planning to do this with the RPG Maker tool (if anyone remembers Raid's post a little while ago). I've written some of the story in Word, and it's more than 6 pages. Everything is planned, and I even make the music for it myself. Well, I use planned moments in this game as inspiration that is, 'cause I doubt I'll ever really get started on it...

kewlkyle64
11-07-06, 23:56
The Alienator
Consoles: Xbox 360 and PC

You're just another gaurd, gaurding a space ship on the Attacker (kind of like the Voyager) in the year 2256. You have your back turned, and all of the sudden, your commander falls dead. No marks, nothing. Your team mates are next. One by one, they die. And then it is your turn. You feel a crippling weakness coming over you, but you make it up after a dramatic scene. You turn around, and you see a mind controlling alien. You shoot, but all of the sudden he is gone. You hear noises. The Attacker is crashing. You land on a planet known as the Alien Zone. Level by level, you go tracking down aliens to kill, but the cripple has given you trouble. In levels you struggle, as you will feel pain even though nothing is there. And then you must fight the crippling alien when you run across him. But he escapes. Will he ever be brought down? It is up to the gamer....

I dunno about you guys, but this sounds pretty intense and good to me.

Lenochka
11-07-06, 23:58
thats a good idea kyle i like it ^^

kewlkyle64
12-07-06, 00:08
Thank you. :) I Hope to make that game when I'm older. Or if some company wants to make it anyways they can PM me and I'll give them my address, they send me 100 grand for the rights, and everyone is happy.

***Lara_Lover***
12-07-06, 00:09
Idea 1: Blow up!

High School girls get sent to a secret company and become warriors...

a bit like Burn up ...

Legend of Lara
12-07-06, 00:11
Idea 1: Blow up!

High School girls get sent to a secret company and become warriors...

a bit like Burn up ...

A game like that is actually already being developed. Exept they become spies but... it's similar anyway. :D

Winston_the_butler
12-07-06, 00:11
AGR: Anti-Gravity Racing
A racing game in Mario Kart style. The catch is that there's no such thing as gravity. You can drive on the ground, on the walls and even in the ceiling. I already have cars, levels and music planned, and yet it'll never be made...

Sounds cool! i like the Mario Kart feel idea. a lot of stuff thrown around bouncing around in zero gravity seems fun.

great ideas guys! glad to see so many taking advantage of this opportunity.

kewlkyle64
12-07-06, 00:20
Yeah the anti-grav thing in any racing game would be awesome, but hard to control the car. And when there's no gravity, how do the wheels go when your in air? You wouldn't move. So here's what I suggest:

Velcro-Kart

A racing game, but with a twist. You can go on the walls, ceiling, but of course the floor. Instead of your average 8 racers, how about 16 of them, with 4 on each side. And you also have magnets, to stick to other racers and freeload off of them, but you slow them down. And then you can drop down from the ceiling straight to the floor if you want!

Winston_the_butler
12-07-06, 00:25
interesting idea, but that creates a new problem, how would you get any speed on velcro? i like anti-grav better, with a loophole in the laws of physics to help the cars stay stable.

anyone like any of my ideas? or is there something you doubt would work out?

kewlkyle64
12-07-06, 00:28
Well for your Living Things game or whatever it's called, how could they talk?
If you draw a wardrobe, how would it know?

And btw how bout if you changed it to Magnet-Kart lol?

Winston_the_butler
12-07-06, 00:31
lol, magnet? that might work, but then it removes the option to drop from the ceiling.

and also, I thoght it would be like... here... I'll try to make a fake screenshot.

Legend of Lara
12-07-06, 00:33
Here is an idea that's been stuck in my head for ages...
Sonic Adventure III
Systems: Sony PS2, Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii, XBox 360
There is an Hero/Dark system similar to Sonic Adventure 2 but this time you can choose the charatcer yourself. 8 characters on the Hero side and 8 on the Dark side. Each character has to be unlocked.
HOW TO UNLOCK HERO CHARATCERS-
Sonic: Unlocked by default
Tails: Defeat Tails using Sonic
Knuckles: Defeat Knuckles using Sonic
Rouge: Defeat Rouge using Knuckles
Amy: Defeat Egg Bomber using Sonic
Cream: Defeat Egg Fox using Tails
Big: Defeat Egg Breaker using Knuckles
Super Sonic: Beat Sonic's story

HOW TO UNLOCK DARK CHARACTERS-
Shadow: Unlocked by default
Eggman: Defeat Cyclone using Shadow
Nack: Defeat GUN Cyborg using Eggman
Metal Sonic: Defeat Sonic using Shadow
Metal Knuckles: Defeat Sonic Returns as Shadow
Decoe: Defeat Diablon as Shadow
Bocoe: Defeat Amy as Metal Sonic
Super Shadow: Beat Shadow's story

UNLOCKABLES-
Espio: Beat Knuckles' story
Charmy: Beat Espio's story
Vector: Beat Charmy's story
Hero movie viewer: Beat the story of each character to unlock their movies
Dark movie viewer: Beat the story of each character to unlock their movies
Secret stages-
Emerald Hill: Get A rank with all characters in Green Hill
Marble: Get A rank on Lava Mountain with Knuckles and Rouge
Scrap Brain part 1: Beat Sonic's and Eggman's stories
Scrap Brain part 2: Beat Sonic's story with all A ranks
Classic Green Hill: Get all A ranks
Unlockable stories-
Final Hero: Beat all Hero stories
Final Dark: Beat all Dark stories
The Ultimate Showdown: Beat every story in the game including extra ones
Rewards-
Sonic civilian outfit: Help 100 civilians with Sonic
Tails civilian outfit: Help 50 civilians with Tails
Knuckles civilian outfit: Help 500 civilians with Knuckles
Rouge civilian outfit: Help 400 civilians with Rouge
Amy civilian outfit: Help 200 civilians with Amy
Cream civilian outfit: Help 10 civilians with Cream
Big civilian outfit: Help 1000 civilians with Big
Alternate Super Sonic: Help 1000000 civilians with Super Sonic
Shadow prisoner outfit: Kill 150 civilians with Shadow
Eggman prisoner outfit: Kill 250 civilians with Eggman
Nack prisoner outfit: Kill 550 civilians with Nack
Metal Sonic alternate armor: Kill 150 civilians with Metal Sonic
Metal Knux alternate armor: Kill 250 civilians with Metal Knux
Decoe alternate armor: Kill 5 civilians with Decoe
Bocoe alternate armor: Kill 5 civilians with Bocoe
Alternate Super Shadow: Kill 2000000 civilians with Super Shadow

Whew... I'm done for now. :D

Lenochka
12-07-06, 00:38
WooooW! :eek: you really have been thinking about this one for a while huh :p

Legend of Lara
12-07-06, 00:39
WooooW! :eek: you really have been thinking about this one for a while huh :p

How d'ya guess? :D

kewlkyle64
12-07-06, 00:43
Lol Legend of Lara that idea is brilliant!

Oh btw before I forget thanks Winston the Butler for a brilliant thread idea!

Winston_the_butler
12-07-06, 02:37
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3276/livingthings2pl.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=livingthings2pl.jpg)

here's my visual aid. (poorly done I know.)

#1: first screen: draw your design (the face)
#2: second screen: designate what is what, using thousands of scripted objects in alphabetical order. (the nose)
#3: watch it come alive (the nose smelling the flower (flower added by DS to illustate it's understanding of how the nose works))

***Lara_Lover***
12-07-06, 02:47
A game like that is actually already being developed. Exept they become spies but... it's similar anyway. :D

What is it?

and the game is like Unreal tournament...

Idea 2:Bubblegum crisis 2041 game..

Plays on: PS2,PS3,PSP,DS,PC,Xbox,360 and gamecube..

its based on the Anime...

***Lara_Lover***
12-07-06, 02:48
Opps and the Sailor stars game....

with all the Sailor scouts..

you can fight and follow the story..:ton:

Winston_the_butler
12-07-06, 02:56
I'm afraid I don't follow you ***Lara_Lover***

kewlkyle64
12-07-06, 13:20
Neither do I...

tomblover
12-07-06, 13:29
Final Fantasy: Xbox 360 Edition

Console: Xbox 360

This is the ultimate collection! ALL of the games remade for the Xbox 360!

VonCroy360
12-07-06, 13:38
Great thread ideas! And great game ideas everyone! Can we make this a competition?

My ideas:

Schoolyard
Platform: PC/PS3/Xbox360/PSP
Genre: life simulation (third person)
Story: You are a scholar. You go to school everyday and you can select your looks and your style; you can select which "cult" will you be in, you know those: cool people, athletes, geeks, etc.; you also write tests, go to classes, everything you do in your real school...
Why would this game be interesting: Cause you have your normal life, but you can make anything you want of it. You can do drastic cheating in test, fighting with teachers,... which you never had courage for in real life; you can do what you want in breaks, you can become what you always wanted to be in school, etc. Hard to explain, but you get the idea.

Rose
Platform:PC, PS3, Xbox360
Genre: Adventure (third person), Slasher/Survival horror (third person)
Story: You play as Rose, a young teenager that goes into private school, is very good in it, very intelligent, but has no friends, no boyfriend, a typicall loner.
Suddenly, one day, she just grabd a knife and kills her teacher and all of her classmates. Then you just go around killing people in most gruesome ways cause that's the way you earn points (typicall slasher), after some time, rose awkens from this trans and finds out that she has killed all those people, she feels guilty, but runs as she is pursuaded by the police. She tries to find out what happened to her and this part is typicall no-violence adventure. The slasher and adventure parts are combined during the game.
Why would this game be interesting: People always love good slashers and good, spooky and challenging adventures, this is a real combination...

:D

VonCroy360
12-07-06, 16:59
IDEA # 2-
Fear takes Flight
Systems: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii, XBox 360, Sony PSP
A normal man takes a plane but it's full of mobs. Survive 48 hours in this survival horror and stealth game.
PS3 and Wii versions use the motion-sensor, 360's version is constantly online, with other players on the plane while PSP has to settle with extra unlockable content.

This reminded me of another one... something like that Battle Royale movie... you have to fight the rest of the bunch on the internet, just now it's made in the horror enviroment... actually that could be the official game of the movie...
:)

Winston_the_butler
12-07-06, 17:18
Fear Takes Flight sounds like a good I dea to me, if you can find a big enough plane for it.

Schoolyard sounds interesting. but it reminds me of Bully(from the people who made GTA). If i remember what Bully is...

Rose sounds like a good game for some, but i bet it would recieve mass controversy. I wouldn't play it, simply because I don't approve of mindless violence, but I'm sure slasher-lovers would love adding a game like this to their collection.