PDA

View Full Version : Argentine Tango!

Catapharact
13-07-06, 17:51
Now isn't this amazing or what!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=379z059z7WQ&search=So%20you%20think%20you%20can%20dance

Man, I am so in the mood for learning this; Just to stick it up to my Older Brother Lol! (There can only be one Cassinova in the family Bro ;). )

*Pictures his babe in that dress.* Man... I need a cold shower Lol!

tha_mattster
13-07-06, 18:00
Did she borrow that from lil kim? :confused:

Catapharact
13-07-06, 18:05
Oh forget about the dress. Look at the brilliance of the dance. Argentine tango is appropriatley nicknamed as "The Battle of the Legs" Lol!

Just a few moves and they had the entire crowd captivated. That is the way to win a woman's heart. You don't need to bed a lady to show you love her ;).

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-07-06, 18:32
Just a few moves and they had the entire crowd captivated. That is the way to win a woman's heart. You don't need to bed a lady to show you love her ;).

Ain't that the truth. There's a man who knows what he's talking about. :cool:

Pipolinne
13-07-06, 18:34
I don't think Argentinian tango is about love :D, but that was a good dance,though I confess it didn't made me feel that "awe" factor.

Bond's music was too clean,too pure...but that's just my taste.

I believe you'll become a great dancer,Catapharact,and perhaps one day we might watch your video :).

Catapharact
13-07-06, 18:41
If I ever learn it Lol!

The dance is totally masculine; The man leads and the Woman plays hard to get; My kinda routine ;) Lol!

I think they took Bond's music since the dance wasn't totally a tango (Tango in its purest form is totally lustful Lol!)

Pipolinne
13-07-06, 18:47
I disagree with you:Tango is like a duel, a battle,where the winner isn't clear.I think that the feminine role is more agressive than just playing hard to get.

And yes,that was my opinion: that was more of a technical demonstration rather than the dance itself,which would almost be non-familiar for the forum :D!

Catapharact
13-07-06, 18:51
Oh That is more Tango than Argentine Tango :). Argentine has more its focus on leg work, hence the nickname "battle of the legs" :). I think I'll not put up a clip from a tango rountine; I don't think the forum People can handle it LOL!

A good movie scene from "Scent of a Woman."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBHhSVJ_S6A&search=Scent%20of%20a%20Woman

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-07-06, 18:52
I disagree with you:Tango is like a duel, a battle,where the winner isn't clear.

I always thought of it as a lustful duel. Maybe I'm crazy. :p

Catapharact
13-07-06, 18:54
I always thought of it as a lustful duel. Maybe I'm crazy. :p

Oh lust is part of it ;).

Pfft... People who shy away from Kisses and love scenes would definately start getting nose bleeds if they see a Tango Lol!

Pipolinne
13-07-06, 19:03
I've heard in a dance program Tango started as a dance between men,normally involving some kind of violence and,obviously,lust.

So,I doubt Argentinian tango is just a battle of legs,lol.

Catapharact
13-07-06, 19:07
Quite Facinating indeed. From Violance to such elegance. Me likey Lol!

Edit: Just reading the history over.

http://www.centralhome.com/Ballroomcountry/tango.htm

Wolfguard
13-07-06, 20:06
Now isn't this amazing or what!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40RgSQPt88o&search=So%20you%20think%20you%20can%20dance%20
I want to marry that girl...

Sin
14-07-06, 17:06
The video is really Great!
I´m a professional dancer of balroom dances, and avcorse, that includes Tango.
Argentine Tango, is a dance of seduction, lust, forbidden...
It´s like if Passion was a crime, involves our body and souls!
Like my professors said, is like we are making love and sex, and sometimes is more powerfull than that.
It´s like if we could ressist each other! If in any touch we will knew the true pain and the same time the true pleasure!
It´s really a HOT dance!

Catapharact
14-07-06, 17:13
IMO, its something great to share with your life partner :). I am definately gonna learn this sometime in my life Lol! Something like this really needs to be shared with someone you love :D.