PDA

View Full Version : i wonder...

*AnGeL*
13-07-06, 22:21
who picked lara croft as name of the model, in game and why, we all used to it know yes, but iff you could chose what name would, lara be for you,

Natla'd
14-07-06, 10:18
I can give you a little information regarding the origin of Lara's name - she was originally going to be called Laura Cruz, however, the developers feared that Americans wouldn't take to the name Laura, and wouldn't be able to pronounce it properly either, so they changed it Lara. Lara Cruz didn't sound upper-class English-y enough, so they changed the last name to Croft.

If I was going to rename Lara Croft, I'd call her Estelle Henshingly. :D

Kamrusepas
14-07-06, 11:06
I heard she was also going to be named Lara Cruise :D

Lara Lover
14-07-06, 11:13
Wasn't she going to be called Laura Cruz? :o Lol, I prefer Lara Croft. A real adventurer name ;)

kill bill
14-07-06, 11:45
Wasn't she going to be called Laura Cruz? :o Lol, I prefer Lara Croft. A real adventurer name ;)
they say that on lethal and loaded dvd i have.

Nicky
14-07-06, 14:02
Wasn't she going to be called Laura Cruz?

Yeah that's right. And she was going to be of Latin-american origin :)

Well since this is about Lara in general, guess it'd better be in General Chat. Moving...

StarCroft:AOD
14-07-06, 14:05

Laura Cruz is not bad either... But I prefer Lara Croft:)

interstellardave
14-07-06, 14:13

Of course you prefer Lara Croft now. Not picking on you personally, it's probably true of all of us--but if she had been Laura Cruz all this time we'd be saying "Laura Cruz... a real adventurer name." :p

da tomb raider!
14-07-06, 14:14
As long as Lara is Lara, I don't care what Lara's name is!

VonCroy360
14-07-06, 17:54
Phew, Croft does sound better than Cruz...
I also heard she was supposed to be blonde...
:)

Natla'd
14-07-06, 18:07
I like the LN "Cruz", but I prefer the "Cruise" spelling. I always use to pronounce Cruz as it looks.

TombRaiderLover
14-07-06, 18:08
I think she should have been called Regina Fallangi

Greenkey2
14-07-06, 18:09
If I were going to reinvent Lara Croft (which I am not going to do btw ;)) I would:

*give her red hair and green eyes.

*make her the estranged daughter of a forensic pathologist (they prod and poke corpses to work out how they became corpses ;)).

*call her Victoria Jenkins.

Neteru
I think she should have been called Regina Fallangi

:vlol:

Greenkey2
I like the LN "Cruz", but I prefer the "Cruise" spelling. I always use to pronounce Cruz as it looks.

I agree. Cruz sounds like something you clean out of toilets :pi:

GamerMan
14-07-06, 19:25
Thatīs right; she was supposed to be named Cruz and be spanish. :) But actually from the very begining,she wasnīt supposed to be a woman at all,but a man. Instead (and thankfully),equality of status won,and they changed that plan. :D Until that point,games always had a male hero..

Betal
14-07-06, 20:12
I wouldn't change her name:) Lara Croft is good:)

Jacob x5
14-07-06, 20:25
I think her name is just right for her character as it is. I wouldn't have been able to come up with anything better.

I agree. Cruz sounds like something you clean out of toilets :pi:

:vlol: It does! :D

Natla'd
14-07-06, 22:02
Until that point,games always had a male hero..

Not always. One of my favourite games, Kyrandia II: Hand Of Fate, had a female heroine called Zanthia. She's actually really cool - kind of a 90's girl. Her and Lara would get on well! :D