PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been to an IMAX Cinema?

illuminati30
15-07-06, 15:45
And saw a film there, or a 3D film? I have to say its a great experiance. I have seen a few films, and a 3D Africa safari. Its really funny watching all the kids try and touch the things coming out the screen.

I have also seen the Rolling Stones, live concert at an IMAX Cinema, and that was a bloody amazing experiance. I felt like i was up there with them, it was amazing.

I was thinking though, wouldnt it be cool if someone made a 3D film concert for an IMAX cinema. For example, look at this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=145E6w93B50&search=nobody%20knows%20me

Can you imagine the words coming out at you :D That would be very cool!

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-07-06, 15:46
I went on a field trip once for school and saw some movie on Egypt in an IMAX theater. It was awesome, it seriously looked like you were there!

Lenochka
15-07-06, 15:47
oy vey its a madonna trick XD
you tricked me into watching!

the words were kinda cool

kewlkyle64
15-07-06, 15:48
I've seen really cool IMAX movies. We saw a movie on natural disasters on a field trip once, it was awesome.

tlr online
15-07-06, 15:48
Nope. It's on my list tho.

raiderfun
15-07-06, 15:53
no :(

illuminati30
15-07-06, 15:56
Nope. It's on my list tho.

:yik:

You must! I have been to the one in Glasgow and London, they are all the same. Remember to wear the cool specs though :pi:

At the start of the safari, this huge globe comes out right at the start, and spinsright in front of you, i was amazed lol And then it rotated to show you Africa, and then zoomed right in as if from space, i felt a bit sick lol

The rolling stones was absolutly AMAZING! I have seen them live, and i felt this was even better! I felt like i was right up there, and flying over the crowd, and sometimes standing right next to them. After the first song i almost stood up and clapped, and i had a lump in my throat like i was gonna cry LOL

However, you can see standard movies there, but you have to go to a 3D film specifically, and wear the specs lol

Lara's Boy
15-07-06, 15:57
I have seen quite a few things on IMAX, mainly those cave-diving or africa documentaries....just can't really remember them, lamo. I love watching the IMAX :D

Betal
15-07-06, 15:58
Yes I have been on a 3D cinema:D

jarhead
15-07-06, 15:59
ive been to one :D

illuminati30
15-07-06, 16:00
oy vey its a madonna trick XD
you tricked me into watching!

the words were kinda cool

hehe i love her big boots :D

illuminati30
15-07-06, 16:04
I have seen quite a few things on IMAX, mainly those cave-diving or africa documentaries....just can't really remember them, lamo. I love watching the IMAX :D

V for Vendetta was great there, in particular the end :jmp:

meansizzler
15-07-06, 16:13
I'm Seeing Superman Returns there Next Week...:D

L.C
15-07-06, 17:30
I've been to the Dinosaur one in London some years ago. If they still have the Simpsons one I'd like to see that one. :)

Heaven for me would be seeing the Star Wars series in glorious IMAX :D

tomblover
15-07-06, 17:36
I've been to the Dinosaur one in London some years ago. If they still have the Simpsons one I'd like to see that one. :)

Heaven for me would be seeing the Star Wars series in glorious IMAX :D God you must have wet your pants!

Lonely Istari
15-07-06, 17:41
I saw Beauty and the Beast in the Ford's IMAX theater in Michigan. It was great. we were all quoting every line! haha probably drove ppl nuts.

L.C
15-07-06, 17:44
ummmmm, not exactly :yik:

But it was a treat for all the senses :pi:

Lara Lover
15-07-06, 17:57
I've been to one in Belfast. It's pretty amazing. Went to see one about dinosaurs :p Another about earthquakes. And, For christmas I went to see a Santa 3-D one :D

Awesome experience :tmb:

Airave
15-07-06, 17:58
We have the biggest and newest in all Europe
close by in Nürnberg. Yes, it Rocks. I almost never
go to the movies, but do go to IMAX sometimes.

Can't wait until my daughter is old enough to chill and focus
for the length of a IMAX film and be able to really enjoy it.

Amazing. I saw my first one at the World's Fair in Vancouver
back in .... 82' was it? Footage of the Alaska wilds.

Genocide
16-07-06, 01:30
i have been to the one at the Bradford museum of film and photography a few times with my dad when i was about 4 years old-i cant remember the experience much, all i remember is a waterfall, and really enjoying the day out
It's the only memory i have of my dad not bieng a grumpy old bugger, so i treasure what i can remember of it

viper456
16-07-06, 02:23
i have seen spy kids 3D at the cinema that worked kiiinda ok but its not really the same thing is it?

also seen Honey i shrunk the audience at Disney Land Paris! that was quite good! :)

mau3genius
16-07-06, 05:32
I think Superman released on 3DIMAX Cinemas for watching it, but I don't have time/will to go there. It's far from my house :p
So... The answer is no, I've never been to a IMAX Cinema, and I'm not planning to go either, unless they build one near. *Oh... My young spirit is dying. Who cares? :D*

GamerMan
16-07-06, 23:04
Sure have! =) There was one Panasonic Imax here in Oslo,on Aker Brygge,but sadly and chockingly,it was removed. :( Probably because they started using ordinary movies as well,which erased it´s difference from standard cinemas. Sure miss it and it´s great 3D films...

scion05
17-07-06, 09:49
And saw a film there, or a 3D film? I have to say its a great experiance. I have seen a few films, and a 3D Africa safari. Its really funny watching all the kids try and touch the things coming out the screen.

I have also seen the Rolling Stones, live concert at an IMAX Cinema, and that was a bloody amazing experiance. I felt like i was up there with them, it was amazing.

I was thinking though, wouldnt it be cool if someone made a 3D film concert for an IMAX cinema. For example, look at this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=145E6w93B50&search=nobody%20knows%20me

Can you imagine the words coming out at you :D That would be very cool!

sadly you only see the screen properly and no nice words :(
eg.http://youtube.com/watch?v=1tPRrmj4d-Q&search=nobody%20knows%20me
so very flat :(

Rivendell
17-07-06, 10:01
I want to see Return of the King in an Imax.. I bet the swooping Nazgul scenes would be stunning :D

illuminati30
17-07-06, 11:16
sadly you only see the screen properly and no nice words :(
eg.http://youtube.com/watch?v=1tPRrmj4d-Q&search=nobody%20knows%20me
so very flat :(

Do you mean when you are there? I know the words dont come right out at you at the actual concert lol However, sometimes an IMAX cinema, will show concerts.

scion05
17-07-06, 12:33
lol yeah :p

btw ive never been lol

lara_lookalike
17-07-06, 12:49
I went on a field trip once for school and saw some movie on Egypt in an IMAX theater. It was awesome, it seriously looked like you were there!

so did i !!!