PDA

View Full Version : Need a name...

Elysia
16-07-06, 12:04
.. for my new roleplaying character.

My roleplaying buddies and I are due to start a new campaign in a couple of weeks time, and whilst Ihave a good character rolled up, I can't for the life of me decide what to call her.

Initially I was going to call her Tallulah (because it is a silly name that makes me giggle), but then I remembered that I will potentially have this character for a good couple of years, so I really need a name I like.

(If you know anything about D&D, the next bit'll make sense. However, if you don't... well, uhhh, ignore it ;) )

She's a human sorcerer with the draconic blood feat (taken at 1st level), meaning that she has a Silver Dragon somewhere in her ancestry. Due to the Silver Dragon heritage, I've made her alignment Lawful Good (odd for a sorcerer, I know!). Later on, I'm going to Prestige her as a Cold Elemental Savant, meaning she will (at a very high level...) become a cold elemental. She also has a magpie familiar. She has silvery blonde hair (which will lighten to a blue-ish white as she goes up levels and takes on her cold elemental levels) and blue eyes (which will also lighten to silvery grey). Her skin will become very pale and take on a blue-ish tint around her cheekbones, temples, chin and joints.

I'd like a name that either reflects her affinity with Cold magic or her Magpie (who is called Jek - magpies signify bad luck, and that kind of appeals to me!). I tend to like characters who have names that describe them - e.g. I have a thief called Fade, an albino wizard called Ghost, a medic called Angel etc. I also tend to like short names. Unfortunately, I can't call her Jinx (which would have been one of my choices, due to the magpie link) because we already have a character by that name from a previous campaign.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :D

TombRaiderLover
16-07-06, 12:06
Pristella!!

Or Emperella!!!

Or Zereck!!!

Or Angelic!!!

Or something else weird!!!

Mad Tony
16-07-06, 12:06
How about Emro Proudfoot?

Rivendell
16-07-06, 12:09
Hmm okidokes..

For the Silver Dragon/Blood connection,

Arianwaed - pronounced 'Aree-anne-wide' ,meaning silverblood, from the Welsh 'Arian' silver, 'Gwaed' - blood.

Then I thought about the Magpie familiar, and that's nearly a raven right? ;) Well try Morgana something, as she was a sorceress with an affinity and connection to birds like Ravens and Magpies.

:)

Catapharact
16-07-06, 12:09
Sa-ha-rah (Arabic for Sorceress :) )

tomblover
16-07-06, 12:10
Coldzinnia! Or maybe Icilla!

Elysia
16-07-06, 12:11
Pristella!!

Or Emperella!!!

Or Zereck!!!

Or Angelic!!!

Or something else weird!!!
If I want weird, I'll stick with Talullah! :ton: :D

How about Emro Proudfoot?
Halffling she ain't... and that's a *male* halfling's name, dontchyerknow... :p :D

Elysia
16-07-06, 12:14
Hmm okidokes..

For the Silver Dragon/Blood connection,

Arianwaed - pronounced 'Aree-anne-wide' ,meaning silverblood, from the Welsh 'Arian' silver, 'Gwaed' - blood.

Then I thought about the Magpie familiar, and that's nearly a raven right? ;) Well try Morgana something, as she was a sorceress with an affinity and connection to birds like Ravens and Magpies.

:)
Ooooh, yep, like that one. She could be called Ari for short...

Ironically enough, the guy who's DMing for us always has Raven-related names... he loves 'em. Me, I'm just stupidly superstitious about magpies, so I have that kind of horrific fascination with them...

Sa-ha-rah (Arabic for Sorceress :) )
That's nice... (actually, that's also a good idea. I'll look up the arabic meanings for inspiration - I have done that in the past, and I got some good names that way!)

:D Good ideas, peeps!

Catapharact
16-07-06, 12:19
That's nice... (actually, that's also a good idea. I'll look up the arabic meanings for inspiration - I have done that in the past, and I got some good names that way!)

Ya, a lot of people seem to be doing that these days Lol! People got all awed when I told em I named my dad's owned horse Noor (They went about going, wow! sounds exotic!)

Not really. It just means "light" Lol!

Capt. Murphy
16-07-06, 14:57
How about Nora? Like Nora Fries; wife of Batman villian Mr. Freeze? :D

Ampersand
16-07-06, 15:02
'Neva' is related to the snow - in-keeping with the cold theme. :)

Some others I like the sound of, with not-necessarily-accurate meanings taken from a website, but you should get the gist:

Briana - strong
Ardra - of noble birth
Jaylene - peaceful healer
Aylwen - fair brow
Taryn - wild and pure

I love hoarding names. :D

Greenkey2
16-07-06, 17:13
Shemal (pronounced shay-maal) means 'white'
Ahlansu (pronounced ah-laan-soo) means 'cold'
Ambaal (pronounced am-bhaal) means 'silver'
Tassin (pronounced taa-sin) means 'light'

This is my own language, but thought they sounded appropriate! :D

PirateRose
16-07-06, 17:28
Whenever I need a name for my stories, I go to babynames.com and like type in a word that describes the character or use the name scrambler in there. You type your name, and click the type (creative, friendly, etc...). I always find some interesting names at that site.

lara_lookalike
16-07-06, 18:58
iceaclea

ice-a-clea

:D best i can do lol