PDA

View Full Version : Drayton Manor

TombRaiderLover
16-07-06, 13:28
I'm going to Drayton Manor tomorrow with 99 other students at school. :D I was wondering whether it's any good and what rides do you recommend I go on.

TombRaiderLover
16-07-06, 13:49
The forum is unusually quiet today. :confused:

Angelx14
16-07-06, 13:52
Yeah, you're right, later here always is more ppl, but today not really.

Congratulations I guess. Im sorry, but I dont know what it is.:(

TombRaiderLover
16-07-06, 14:00
Drayton Manor is a theme park.

Titanium
16-07-06, 14:01
Why dont you check out there website to get more information? :)

www.draytonmanor.co.uk

Lavinder
16-07-06, 14:27
Cool! Our school is doing a Drayton Manor trip on the 20th :D:D:D

jarhead
16-07-06, 14:30
were going chesington this friday, cant wait. hvant been to dayton manor, but i hope you have a great time

Ampersand
16-07-06, 14:51
I've been to Drayton Manor! I had chicken pox at the time, which kinda spoilt it, but it was still loads of fun. :)

You must try out Stormforce 10! I didn't think I'd enjoy a water ride (and getting soaked), but that was brilliant. Especially good if it's a hot day. :cln: The queues can be massive though. :o

I saw people going on Pandemonium and being swung upside down...it looked wicked, but I didn't have the guts to try it. :D

Lavinder
16-07-06, 14:56
I've been to Drayton Manor! I had chicken pox at the time, which kinda spoilt it, but it was still loads of fun. :)

You must try out Stormforce 10! I didn't think I'd enjoy a water ride (and getting soaked), but that was brilliant. Especially good if it's a hot day. :cln: The queues can be massive though. :o

I saw people going on Pandemonium and being swung upside down...it looked wicked, but I didn't have the guts to try it. :D

I did StormForce 10 but I hardly got wet and it got stuck halfway through :eek:

Ampersand
16-07-06, 15:05
I did StormForce 10 but I hardly got wet and it got stuck halfway through :eek:

Whoops. :eek:

I managed to avoid getting wet at first, and was getting a bit smug about it (we sat at the back so we didn't get caught by the main splash) - then we started going down the slopes backwards and I got absolutely drenched. The makers of Stormforce obviously thought it through very well, so there was no chance of anyone coming off the ride dry. :D

Lavinder
16-07-06, 15:08
Whoops. :eek:

I managed to avoid getting wet at first, and was getting a bit smug about it (we sat at the back so we didn't get caught by the main splash) - then we started going down the slopes backwards and I got absolutely drenched. The makers of Stormforce obviously thought it through very well, so there was no chance of anyone coming off the ride dry. :D

While your lining up its right next to the ride so you get splashed anyway :p

Then you go inside the cool cavern place.... but I got bored after a while.

Ampersand
16-07-06, 15:12
While your lining up its right next to the ride so you get splashed anyway :p

Then you go inside the cool cavern place.... but I got bored after a while.

I think I remember that bit. I didn't get bored, I was to busy getting wet. :D

Did you go into the haunted house? That was really clever, but there's always some idiot talking loudly with his mates and ruining the mood. :o

The only ride I found a bit boring (out of the ones I tried) was the boat ride on the lake...Excalibur, I think. It was fairly funny, but too slow and not quite worth the wait we had. Don't know what I was expecting from a boat ride, but still. :p

TombRaiderLover
17-07-06, 17:45
I went today!!! Whoooo!!

The first ride I went on was some Golden Nugget Wild West Shootout thing, and then I went on the Apocalypse (named Britain's scariest ride by someone, more info HERE (http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/Apocalypse.aspx). The queue was very, very long. Me and my friends had to wait for 45 minutes.

It didn't look very scary, but I was absoloutely terrified when I was 54 metres in the air! And when I went down, I just screamed! It was the worth the wait, very scary but alot of fun.

I waited for some other rides, but the queues were far too ridiculous, so me and my friends just left the queue and went for food and drink. I got a Pepsi.

We then went shopping, and I bought three of those colourful, round, fairly flat lollies, one for me, the others for my two sisters.

Me and my friends then went to the zoo, where we found monkeys (one of which had the same name of one of the people I was hanging around with) and many intelligent birds.

Then we went to the arcade, where I first played Time Crisis 2. The game broke down during play. What a waste of a pound. So I played the first game, Time Crisis 1, instead, but I died on Level 2 . . . well, I didn't die, I ran out of time.)

Me and my friends started to go insane and went on rides for younger children, including pirate ships and moving cars, and a merry-go-round. Me and another friend weren't allowed on one particular ride because we were too tall.

Then we rushed back to the entrance of the park to meet the other students. I found out that my friend was joking when he said that the haunted house was closed down. I really wanted to go there, so I was annoyed at this.

Anyone, I had a very good time, despite it being very hot.

We headed for the arcade, where I spent my money on Time Crisis 2 (which suddenly broke down during play.) I decided to play Time Crisis 1, but I died on Level 1.

Then my friend went insane by going on little kid's rides, then I found out thst my friend was joking when he said the haunted hous was closed.

Anyway, I had a great time.

Ampersand
17-07-06, 17:52
Awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed it! :tmb:

Though I agree the queues are just ridiculous on some rides. You can only ever go on one or two of the major rides, then you get fed up with standing around. :o

jarhead
17-07-06, 17:53
glad to know you had a great day. i'm goinjg chesington and im gonna het quesing, especially in this heat

tr_mitch
17-07-06, 18:06
Drayton Manor's only like a half an hour drive from where i live. It depends when you go, you have to plan for a day where you think it won't be very busy... Such as normal weekdays, and it's never busy when it's first opened.

The queues for Drayton Manor aren't too bad usually, i know they probs were today and over the past week because it's like the week when all school's go, was the same when i went like 3 years ago.

But compared to some of the Alton Towers queues... 45 mins is not too long.

TombRaiderLover
17-07-06, 18:20
It's only an hour from where I live.

saray
17-07-06, 19:04
wow! glad you had a good time, and i'm going on thursday :D..soo can't wait :p