PDA

View Full Version : Could you recommend a good adventure ?

azumi_mm
16-07-06, 23:09
^ for PC. :)

Rivendell
16-07-06, 23:12
I guess you mean game?

Morrowind / Oblivion

Pirates of the Caribbean

:tmb:

GodOfLight
16-07-06, 23:32
ugh... tomb raider 1 :p

Pablo.CT
16-07-06, 23:41
I guess you mean game?

Morrowind / Oblivion

Pirates of the Caribbean

:tmb:

Ive alway's wondered what The POC game would be like. Is it any good

Rivendell
16-07-06, 23:46
It's pretty fun! The ocean parts are stunning, but the running style is a bit wooden, and the islands are quite restricted. Which is a shame, because Bethesda Softworks can make such vast and explorable places a-la the other two I mentioned!

azumi_mm
16-07-06, 23:58
Pirates of the Caribbean is it a real adventure or a RPG?
Cos I really don't like RPG's...

Tomb Raider 1 is a lil bit too old, I think. GodOfLight have you heard of the triangle of light?

I tried the demo of Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb but the navigation is a *****.

Rivendell
16-07-06, 23:59
Both Rpg and adventure.

Tell me you've played TR1 ?!

kill bill
17-07-06, 00:04
ok this isnt adventure but it could be and it is to me the best pc game ever made.the sims 2.and its expensions [packs.hopefully they will make a pet one like unleashed for sims 1.that was the best.

azumi_mm
17-07-06, 00:04
Tell me you've played TR1 ?!

Nope. :)
I started with legend.

K.J
17-07-06, 00:08
The Longest Journey, The Longest Journey: Dreamfall and Fahrenheit.

PS: The gameplay in all three games suck, the story is the main thing so if you want a "interactive movie" you should play one of these;)

Rivendell
17-07-06, 00:08
Nope. :)
I started with legend.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/hit.gifO.o Go and play the classics ;)

lee32uk
17-07-06, 00:41
syberia 1 and 2
longest journey 1 and 2
lucas arts games - broken sword/monkey island series
paradise

nice list here by score-

http://uk.gamespot.com/reviews.html?platform=5&category=Adventure+Games&type=reviews&mode=all&sort=score&sortdir=asc

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 01:00
Beyond Good and Evil!

If you like MMORPGs, Guild Wars is a great choice as well. ;)

dbot
17-07-06, 03:04
its not an adventure game, but Deus Ex. Its a FPS/RPG, and it has some of the coolest game mechanics ive ever seen in a game, like each body part has its own individual health, so if your legs lose their health, you have to drag yourself along (aka, stuck in crouch), or if your arms lose their health, your accuracy is non-existant, and if your head or torso lose their health, your dead. That hasnt been copied in games, and i wonder why...its a brilliant idea.

But grim fandago is supposed to be really good

tomblover
17-07-06, 07:14
Try any Sonic game, they're pure adventure, nothing else...

meansizzler
17-07-06, 08:16
its not an adventure game, but Deus Ex. Its a FPS/RPG, and it has some of the coolest game mechanics ive ever seen in a game, like each body part has its own individual health, so if your legs lose their health, you have to drag yourself along (aka, stuck in crouch), or if your arms lose their health, your accuracy is non-existant, and if your head or torso lose their health, your dead. That hasnt been copied in games, and i wonder why...its a brilliant idea.

But grim fandago is supposed to be really good

Yup both great games get the first Deus Ex not the Sequel, the Sequel sucked big time..Grim Fandango is also great, but kind of point an click, also if you want a great Adventure game then try "Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb", eveything that tomb raider is but better....

raiderfun
17-07-06, 08:29
Thee the da vinci code too ! ;)

Paul H
17-07-06, 10:10
If you like lots of mystery and intrigue, play the Broken Sword games. For funny adventures play the Monkey Island ones.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed that someone has already mentioned the above games.

If you are lucky enough to find a copy, play The Last Express - it is brilliant. Also, Fatal Illusion.

Thorir
17-07-06, 10:12
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/RivendellHylia/hit.gifO.o Go and play the classics ;)

Agreed! You won't find a better adventure game than TR1.

Broken Sword, Monkey Island, The Longest Journey are also great games.

VonCroy360
17-07-06, 13:06
Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy

...perfect storyline... :)

Paperdoll
17-07-06, 13:12
Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis, Lure of the Temptress and Beneath a Steel Sky (these two can be downloaded from any Abandonware website).

Cochrane
17-07-06, 13:15
Dreamfall - The Longest Journey (or is it The Longest Journey - Dreamfall? Anyway, that game). As said before, little and quite easy gameplay, but a really cool story.

marggo
17-07-06, 15:17
You may try the Prince of Persia :D
-Sands of Time
-Warior Within
-The two Thrones
:)

Catapharact
17-07-06, 15:19
Dpends upon what you want:

Sword Slinging/Powers:

- Prince of Persia Trilogy.
- Ninja Gaiden.

Gun Busting/Powers:

- Advent Rising.

Just silly willy fun:

- Crash Bandicoot series.

rika2
17-07-06, 16:35
Syberia (both), any early 90's Lucas Art game, Broken Sword 1 and 2

Alive_and_Funky
17-07-06, 17:43
Tomb Raider 1 is a lil bit too old, I think.

:yik:

Seriously, you should check it out. My first Tomb Raider game was Legend and I even agree that the original is brilliant. Just because a game is old doesn't mean it is rubbish, or worse than its sequels.

Paul H
17-07-06, 19:20
I agree. TR1 is a timeless classic. The atmosphere, the excitement, the terror, the action, the amazing music ... I could go on and on.