PDA

View Full Version : Yet another dissapointing movie experience...

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-07-06, 01:22
When it comes to seeing movies, I have the WORST luck. Whether it's some loudmouth chatting the entire film away, tall people/people with HUGE hair sitting RIGHT in front of me, "technical difficulties", I've seen it all. Well, just half an hour ago, my mom and I went to go see the Da Vinci Code, finally.

The speakers were working throughout the previews, then when the movie started, no sound. :( So, the first five minutes were destroyed, and they seemed pretty important (I've read the book, crucial things happen in the beginning!) and everyone went out and complained. The manager said there was no way they could rewind the film, because the film reels are huge and it would've taken half an hour.

We ended up getting free movie passes, so we can see any movie at any time in the day. I kind of felt bad for the manager, this guy was seriously screaming at him for something that they really couldn't help. Guess I'll have to see it another day.

Rant over.

azumi_mm
17-07-06, 01:29
Yeah, fate interfered... at least you got free movie passes. Next time it will work. I promise! ;)

ILG49ers
17-07-06, 01:40
That sucks, well at least you got free movie tickets! ;)

I never really seem to have any problems when going to the theaters.

Oh, and maybe you can use the free tickets to go see Pirates 2. :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-07-06, 01:40
Oh, and maybe you can use the free tickets to go see Pirates 2. :p

Exactly what I've planned. :cool:

ILG49ers
17-07-06, 01:44
Exactly what I've planned. :cool:

:D :tmb:

DREWY
17-07-06, 02:11
Tell us when you are going next, we'll go somewhere else...:p

GodOfLight
17-07-06, 02:21
oh yes.. the da vinci code was terrible :vlol: beyond terrible :tea:it's such a shame really.. it was such a good story, and such a good book lol... too bad this movie will always stigmatize it now :rolleyes:

anyway, you didnt miss anything by having no sound in the beginning :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-07-06, 04:11
Tell us when you are going next, we'll go somewhere else...:p

:vlol: Had a feeling it was you! :whi: :pi:

nomedo
17-07-06, 05:48
ive already seen Pirates 2 :D
but i nearny missed it cause there were so many people there.
i really enjoyed the film, but i rather go to a theatre with less people in it. like with the previews of mr & mrs smith :) there were like 30 people there... :whi:

Mad Tony
17-07-06, 06:13
Your not alone.
I've had little kids behind me kicking the chair all the way through the moive.
And loads of other things. ;)

tombraiderluka
17-07-06, 06:49
When it comes to seeing movies, I have the WORST luck. Whether it's some loudmouth chatting the entire film away, tall people/people with HUGE hair sitting RIGHT in front of me, "technical difficulties", I've seen it all. Well, just half an hour ago, my mom and I went to go see the Da Vinci Code, finally.

The speakers were working throughout the previews, then when the movie started, no sound. :( So, the first five minutes were destroyed, and they seemed pretty important (I've read the book, crucial things happen in the beginning!) and everyone went out and complained. The manager said there was no way they could rewind the film, because the film reels are huge and it would've taken half an hour.

We ended up getting free movie passes, so we can see any movie at any time in the day. I kind of felt bad for the manager, this guy was seriously screaming at him for something that they really couldn't help. Guess I'll have to see it another day.

Rant over.
OMG,how many times here was tehnical problems,and I hate going to cinema and waiting for movie to start or smth

Lara Lover
17-07-06, 06:53
I've never had a bad Cinema experience. Although, I've only been a couple of times :p

psychokitten
17-07-06, 07:02
When I went to see LOTR: Fellowship Of The Ring the movie got to about 15 from the end, and we lost all vocal sounds, and only had music! So we sat through almost 3 hours of movie and never saw the end! The manager gave us free movie passes then too, so we went and sat through the whole thing again - at a different cinema!

Gomes
17-07-06, 07:20
:vlol: That is unbelievable. What a crappy theatre, you should not return there.

I never had bad experiences although most movie theatres nowadays are cheap, dirty and smell.

Rivendell
17-07-06, 07:33
Nevermind, if you want to see DaVinci then I'm sure the DVD will be out soon. It's not half as bad as all the critics made out, was quite a well made film and McKellen is excellent in it.
I think the majority of reviews were by propagandist Catholics ;)

Anyway, off to Pirates with you :D

meansizzler
17-07-06, 07:52
I kind of felt bad for the manager, this guy was seriously screaming at him for something that they really couldn't help. Guess I'll have to see it another day.
Rant over.

Maybe that guy should of not got a free movie pass, just been chucked out of the cinema for rude and unapporpriate behaviour...

Shark_Blade
17-07-06, 08:28
I had people who watched the movie before and went on ranting about what's going to happen next to his friend sitting next to him. It's like the whole cinema can hear him going on and on. I feel like throwing an empty drink can on his head or even empty my pop corn bag on him.:mad:

And there's this guy talking on his phone like he's shouting from the other end of a soccer field as if his caller doesn't hear him.:mad:

These people should be punish or be taught a lesson :hea:

Rivendell
17-07-06, 08:30
It does my head in when that happens. Just let the staff know and more often than not they ask the people to be quiet or get out :D

Tomb Raider Master
17-07-06, 10:28
What a **** that this movie had to be ruined. But it's good that you have those free movie passes. :)