PDA

View Full Version : Fawlty Towers - Comedy Genius!!

UNDERTAKER
17-07-06, 11:22
I recently purchased the DVD box set of Fawlty Towers. Unbelievable!

I have seen each episode dozens of times but always laugh my ass off each time! They are absolute classics!

Anyone else a big fan?

raiderfun
17-07-06, 11:23
i'm pretty horror movies not comedy ! :p

Angelx14
17-07-06, 11:25
Sorry, but 1st time hear. What is it? Maybe explain? Please?:confused:
And yeah, same what raiderfun said, I like better horror movies, but I love laugh too, so comedies I like too lol. (sounds a lil dum lol) But I never heard about that before.

illuminati30
17-07-06, 11:26
Can i borrow it ? :tea:

I really like Faulty Towers. I love buying comedy DVD's. I am currently getting all the seasons of cheers.

raiderfun
17-07-06, 11:26
Sorry, but 1st time hear. What is it? Maybe explain? Please?:confused:
And yeah, same what raiderfun said, I like prefer better horror movies, but I love laugh too, so comedies I love too lol. But never heard about that.
Then a horror devil movie shall be for you ! :D

Rivendell
17-07-06, 11:34
i'm pretty horror movies not comedy ! :p

It's not a movie :p

I'm a huge fawlty towers fan, got the boxset for my dad last Xmas. Loved it since I was little, Cleese is a comedy genius!

I found out ages ago that Fawlty was based on a real manager, but I didn't know how far until I read this online the other day :eek:

The character of Basil Fawlty was inspired by a former manager at the hotel; he gave John Cleese and the Monty Python team a frosty welcome when they booked in 1971. The ferocious host berated them for not holding their knives and forks correctly and threw one of their briefcases over a wall believing it could be a time bomb.

:vlol:

raiderfun
17-07-06, 11:35
It's not a movie
Okay :p

Ampersand
17-07-06, 11:38
Fawlty Towers is great! :jmp: My favourite episodes are the ones with the Germans, the dead man and the snooty deaf woman. :D Haven't watched them in a while though, and I don't own them on DVD. :o

Rivendell
17-07-06, 11:38
Fawlty Towers : Germans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTBWZWEgFP8&search=fawlty%20towers)

:D :jmp: :D

Ampersand
17-07-06, 11:40
:jmp:

There are loads of other clips (http://www.youtube.com/results?search=Fawlty+Towers&search_type=search_videos) on Youtube, if you still don't get what Fawlty Towers is like. :wve:

tha_mattster
17-07-06, 11:41
I like the one where Basil is snooping about trying to prove a man has a female guest staying. :jmp:

I have the DVD boxset too! :jmp:

Rivendell
17-07-06, 11:45
I can't stop laughing at the germans episode whenever I see it :vlol:

"OH you're GERMAN! I'm sorry I thought there was something wrong with you."

"A blow on the head, like that..... .. Is worth two in the bush."

:D

Ampersand
17-07-06, 11:46
"We did not start it!"
"Yes you did, you invaded Poland!"

Titanium
17-07-06, 11:49
It is absolute genius, in a way I which they made more episodes, but im also glad they kept it to 12 hilairious episodes :D

Sybil: I think we should put him to S-L-E-E-P
Basil: Who? Him or the rat, I can get a discount if we get them both done

Rivendell
17-07-06, 11:50
*Thinks* Spleep?!

Titanium
17-07-06, 11:57
Another hilairious part was outside with the mini.

Basil's car won't start]
Basil: START. Start, you vicious *******. Oh my God. I'm warning you, if you don't start... I'll count to three. 1, 2, 3, right, that does it.
[Gets out]
Basil: Im sick of this, I have had to go through this time and time again!Well this is it, I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing.
"Whacks car with tree branch"

Basil doing a fire drill.

Basil Fawlty: Splendid, we will have the fire drill which will commence in exactly 30 seconds from now. Thank you.
[Everyone stands still]
Basil Fawlty: What are you doing? Are you just going to stand there?
Mr. Sharp: Well, what do you suggest?
Basil Fawlty: Well, couldn't a few of you go into the bar or dining room... I mean, use your imagination?
Mr. Sharp: Why?
Basil Fawlty: This is supposed to be a fire drill.
Mr. Sharp: There's only a few seconds.
Basil Fawlty: ...Right. Well, obviously if there was a fire you would all be standing down here like this, right here in the lobby. Wouldn't you? I don't know why we bother. We should let you all burn.

scion05
17-07-06, 12:31
Fawlty Towers : Germans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTBWZWEgFP8&search=fawlty%20towers)

:D :jmp: :D

my fave :D

scion05
17-07-06, 12:37
we did not start it!

" yes you did you invaded poland! "

scion05
17-07-06, 12:40
it makes me laugh when they re-arrange the letters at the begining!

farty towels
flowery ****s :D

Titanium
17-07-06, 12:41
Basil Fawlty: [two guests are speaking to Basil in German] Oh, German. I'm sorry, I thought there was something wrong with you.

UNDERTAKER
17-07-06, 12:51
Would you like a drink before the war? Nein! Ah Er, trespassers will be tied up with piano wire"

:vlol:

Paperdoll
17-07-06, 12:57
Oh I never thought of youtube, I haven't watched this in years :D

viper456
17-07-06, 13:08
aaaah yes mother did take the p*ss out of me when i was a porter at a hotel!

IF THAT WOMAN CALLED ME MANUEL ONE MORE TIME SO HELP ME GOD I .. I ... lmao

Faulty Towers is great! i love the one with the rat! lmao

Paul H
17-07-06, 13:14
Mr Hamilton: "Could you make me a Waldorf salad?"

Basil: "I think we're just out of waldorfs." :D

lee32uk
17-07-06, 19:30
fawlty towers is class :D love only fools and horses too.Also a big fan of Michael Palin, and his Ripping Yarns series that he made...comic genius :jmp: