PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Twisted Greyhound killer

jarhead
17-07-06, 15:21
i'm not sure if you've heard or read about this but in the mirror today there was an article about an ex builder who shot retired greyhounds for 10 each, and David Smith has been reported top have killed over 10,000.
he points out to someone undercover that he started at one side of the field and it takes about 3 years to get across the field, and then he starts over, with just a few bones in the way. he also denied the killing of the 10, 000+ greyhounds, untill he was shown previously taken footage of him with a wheelbarrow filled with dead greyhounds. he then said he done society a favour, killing the dogs which were siock and injured and would have just been thrown out on the street.
although i dont like seeing anyone and anything suffer, i would rather take them too an RSPCC station, no matter how overfilled it was, and put them in care, rather then shoot them with a bolt gun. i think the rspcc and governemtn would rather have overfilled animal care centres then to dig up a field of bones of opver 10,000+ dead greyhounds.
i might be over reacting, being a keen dog lover, or is this sick and twisted to think some poeple think its O.K to do such a thing. he then said the money he got from killing was to go to children charaties. i doubt this and even if it was true i would still feel let down and annopyed that the charaties accepted the moeny.

has anyone else read about this, and what are your views??

Rivendell
17-07-06, 15:23
I'm with you. Some people are beyond words as far as I'm concerned. I can't also see the logic of the people that if their greyhound is a little too old to run like they do; to just throw them out. That's sick - providing mr. Greyhound murderer is telling the truth.

Catapharact
17-07-06, 15:27
Has anyone even thought about what happens to pets that don't get adopted?

Neglected pets at the animal shealter get put down anyway because they need to make om for more incomming animals. Too many animals get abandoned and the shealters just don't have the resources to have them all. Their bodies are usually preserved and sent to medical labs.

Though I don't agree with the method, I do see where the man is comming from.

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-07-06, 15:30
Both what this man did to the Greyhounds AND what happens to pets that don't get adopted and put into shelters are utterly replusive and sick.

Catapharact
17-07-06, 15:32
Both what this man did to the Greyhounds AND what happens to pets that don't get adopted and put into shelters are utterly replusive and sick.

Then why don't you start adopting them Misscroft? Where the heck are the animal shealters supposed to get room from? They are usually tight on budget as they are.

Its not sick; Its either that letting the animal starve to death without shealther

jarhead
17-07-06, 15:40
although i disagree with putting animals in shelters, and have been annoyed with some family members who were gonna send there dog to one, of which my parents decided to keep instead, i still think they are treated better then if they were to be left on the street.
i dont know what really goes on in animal shelters but i doubt they kill there animals with a huge metal bolt through the head, and they certianly dont get payed to do it

VonCroy360
17-07-06, 15:40
Has anyone even thought about what happens to pets that don't get adopted?
Neglected pets at the animal shealter get put down anyway because they need to make om for more incomming animals. Too many animals get abandoned and the shealters just don't have the resources to have them all. Their bodies are usually preserved and sent to medical labs.
Though I don't agree with the method, I do see where the man is comming from.

Well, that's better than killing them with a bolt gun.

Catapharact
17-07-06, 15:43
I dont know what really goes on in animal shelters but i doubt they kill there animals with a huge metal bolt through the head, and they certianly dont get payed to do it

And I doubt you have known this man who you call "sick and twisted." Its a job. Did he proudly declared that he is happy doing the things he does? I dount it. Its his way of earning some cash.

jarhead
17-07-06, 15:47
yer but i doubt any other people would turn around and say that i slaughter retired race dogs for measly cash ??

your right, i dont know him and i hope i never do. i wish he has stuck the bolt gun to his head before sticking it to some dog. poeple likwe that make me physically sick

Catapharact
17-07-06, 15:49
your right, i dont know him and i hope i never do. i wish he has stuck the bolt gun to his head before sticking it to some dog. poeple likwe that make me physically sick

No. People who jump to conclusions about others before knowing who they are make me sick. Preception is ignorance. If everyone thought the way you did, we all probably would think that every Arab is a terrorist, every American is a slob, or every Irish drinks like a fish.

jarhead
17-07-06, 15:52
did i say i jump to conclusions. the facts are in the paper, tabloid and broadsheet. a man killed 10,000 greyhounds for measly cash which he then told people he gave away. thats enough for me to determine my views. even if he was a nice man with a great periosnlaity, no personality could compensate for what hes done.

and no i havnt siad that arabs are terrorists, and that american are slobs and the irish drink like fishes,

Catapharact
17-07-06, 15:56
As I said; its either seeing the dogs starve and neglected to death, or just letting them go out peacefully. Yeah, its immoral, but then it saves money for the owners. Busniesses open where there is demand. People obviously let him use a bolt gun on old dogs. They are the owners aren't they? and they don't seem to mind. Why? Because they know the alternative.

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-07-06, 15:56
Its either that letting the animal starve to death without shealther

Well, obviously. To me, it's really just a lose-lose situation. It may be his job, but it's still sad. We all have our own opinions.

jarhead
17-07-06, 16:00
As I said; its either seeing the dogs starve and neglected to death, or just letting them go out peacefully. Yeah, its immoral, but then it saves money for the owners. Busniesses open where there is demand. People obviously let him use a bolt gun on old dogs. They are the owners aren't they? and they don't seem to mind. Why? Because they know the alternative.

these greyhound ranged form 3 years to 14. they wernt old, but retired, some wernt, they just didnt live up to expectations. ive herd a lot of stories about greyhound killers but they dont do it for money and they certainly dont repeatidly do it over again. and yes i also hate the owners who decided to give there dog to him, but the other option is either givening it to someone else, who'll look after the dog or put it down humaninly. both ways of death are quick but i would rather be injected then have metal shot through me.

Catapharact
17-07-06, 16:02
Well that that's Your opinion; As in its subjective. Don't generalize it by saying "Oh he is a monster!" because that is just being biased. Take into account everything before posting something.

K.J
17-07-06, 16:04
I like Greyhound-racing:)

scion05
17-07-06, 16:16
while doing the paper round i saw it as a bried box...
absolute *******