PDA

View Full Version : THe Linkin Park appreciation thread!!

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 19:19
I'm bored so..I'm pretty much going on impulse right now..discuss!!:p

Ampersand
17-07-06, 19:22
The little guy sounds like he has serious constipation problems, but I like a couple of their songs! :D I find they all tend to be a bit samey though. :)

Kamrusepas
17-07-06, 19:23
Wasn't really expecting anything like this from you, CA..... but I do like one of their songs. Papercut. I don't know why. I wish they played that on the radio instead of Numb or Breaking The Habit etc...

Ampersand
17-07-06, 19:25
Wasn't really expecting anything like this from you, CA..... but I do like one of their songs. Papercut. I don't know why. I wish they played that on the radio instead of Numb or Breaking The Habit etc...

Numb's good imo (not the new version with that rapping guy in it!) but Breaking The Habit was played to death. :o In The End is probably the song I like the most - I have no originality. :D

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 19:31
Wasn't really expecting anything like this from you, CA.....

what does this mean LOL..what's wrong with nu metal..I like it!!:confused:

rachkitten
17-07-06, 19:33
Yay Linkin Park RULES!!!

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 19:38
Ooh I love LP!!!! Has anyone heard about their newest album lately? I think it's going to be released either later this year or next year, I can't remember.

Although it's going to be different. I'm pretty sure the rap is completely out and it's just Chester now. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

rachkitten
17-07-06, 19:39
Which one is which?
I thought Chester was the little dude with the shaved hair, is this true?

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 19:47
Ooh I love LP!!!! Has anyone heard about their newest album lately? I think it's going to be released either later this year or next year, I can't remember.

Although it's going to be different. I'm pretty sure the rap is completely out and it's just Chester now. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
oh that's great news!!:jmp:

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 19:48
Yeah, that's Chester :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/music/2003/03/images/linkin_park2_270.jpg

tr_mitch
17-07-06, 19:50
Mel i would have never ever imagined you to like Linkin Park, just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover :)

Kamrusepas
17-07-06, 19:51
what does this mean LOL..what's wrong with nu metal..I like it!!:confused:
I don't know, just didn't seem like your kinda music :p

What, no Mike anymore? There goes my only reason to like this band :pi: [I know what that sounds like, but I really love his voice and skill]

Lara's Boy
17-07-06, 19:56
I haven't listened to their music in a while, but I love them!!

rachkitten
17-07-06, 19:57
In The End has to be one of the best songs ever, Oh and Numb!

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 19:57
Mel i would have never ever imagined you to like Linkin Park, just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover :)

lol, that's true. :p I like Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Seether, and all kinds of other heavy rock bands as well. :D

tr_mitch
17-07-06, 19:58
lol, that's true. :p I like Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Seether, and all kinds of other heavy rock bands as well. :D

But im sure you dont like Evanescence :mis: which is one of my favourite bands...

Just to keep on topic- WOOO go linkin park.

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 19:59
:eek: omfg...I would have never imagined someone here besides me likes seether..:D

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 20:00
I don't know, just didn't seem like your kinda music :p
What, no Mike anymore? There goes my only reason to like this band :pi: [I know what that sounds like, but I really love his voice and skill]

What parts do Mike sing? I've never seen the band live or anything, so I don't know who sings what in the band lol. I thought there were like two rappers and Chester, but after looking up band pics and stuff I guess their are a lot of other singers too! So yeah, it would be a lot different if it was just Chester.

I just researched it more and the album is going to be Chester's solo album, I'm not sure if it will even have anything to do with LP.

I'm kind of confused. I really need to talk with my friend Derek, he knows everything there is to know about the band. He is the admin on a popular LP forum.

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 20:02
But im sure you dont like Evanescence :mis: which is one of my favourite bands...

I love Evanescence!! :jmp:

Kam, I just read some more articles and things, and I guess I got the next LP album mixed up with Chester's solo album, because I just found something that Mike himself said: "We're not, like, on hiatus. We're working. We're very serious about our records, and I know the guys are at home right now writing. Hopefully we are looking at next year for a record."

He said that in 2005, so looks like we should be getting a new LP album soon! :D

Ampersand
17-07-06, 20:16
I love Evanescence!! :jmp:

Me three! :jmp: New album should be out in October, I can't wait. :cln:

Lara's Boy
17-07-06, 20:18
Me three! :jmp: New album should be out in October, I can't wait. :cln:

Evanesence is going to release a new album!!??!! :jmp: I can't wait!!! I LOVE Amy's voice :cln:

Paperdoll
17-07-06, 20:20
Oooh the temptation to rant about Amy's voice :cln: but I'll restrain myself XD Anyway, I used to like LP... got quite bored of them though but that happens to every band I like now and then XD still like a few songs of them though like With You. I'm not that keen on the rap though.

Lara's Boy
17-07-06, 20:21
Yeah, I really started to wean myself off LP when they released the song with the rapping....I just hated it.

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 20:24
I just read that LP's album should be out somewhere later this year, so let's hope so! :D

Kamrusepas
17-07-06, 20:24
:eek: omfg...I would have never imagined someone here besides me likes seether..:D

I do. Some songs :)

Lara's Boy
17-07-06, 20:25
I just read that LP's album should be out somewhere later this year, so let's hope so! :D

I think I will buy it, I really do like most of their songs.

Kamrusepas
17-07-06, 20:26

I'm terribly sorry but I have to say this.... none of those bands are heavy rock :)

Ampersand
17-07-06, 20:26
Oooh the temptation to rant about Amy's voice :cln:

*looks daggers* :mis:

I admit she's not the most able singer, but she sounds alright if she just sits still and remembers to breathe. :p I love their overall sound though. :D

*tries not to go off-topic any more*

Paperdoll
17-07-06, 20:28
My thoughts exactly Amp :D she should have singing lessons, it would help her alot. *runs off the off-topic-ness* :p

Ampersand
17-07-06, 20:30
I'm terribly sorry but I have to say this.... none of those bands are heavy rock :)

They are compared to the likes of Good Charlotte. My two pennies' worth. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/AmpersandTR/daEmotes/paranoid.gif :D

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 20:38
I don't think Amy's voice isn't that great either...:p

rachkitten
17-07-06, 20:42
Really :eek: Evanescence is Great IMO, although i have to say I dont think this latest album will be as good as Fallen

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 20:44

Well where I'm from they are. I never said heavy metal, I said heavy rock.

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 20:53
Well where I'm from they are. I never said heavy metal, I said heavy rock.
who knows what those guys are..the distinction is so blurred these days!!:p

Lara Croft!
17-07-06, 21:05
I like a couple of their songs! :D I find they all tend to be a bit samey though. :)

U took the words right off my keyboard!!:D

tr_mitch
17-07-06, 21:08
Samey but pretty emotional and touching... whoa that sounded really weird coming from a 16 year olds mouth :o

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 21:21
who knows what those guys are..the distinction is so blurred these days!!:p

true :p

Kamrusepas
17-07-06, 21:29
I never said heavy metal, I said heavy rock.

I know, I can read :)

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 21:35
I know, I can read :)
*goes to hide* :p

Kamrusepas
17-07-06, 21:42
*goes to hide* :p
:confused: :confused: :confused:

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 21:43
:confused: :confused: :confused:
it looks like you 2 are going to have a catfight! :p

Kamrusepas
17-07-06, 21:43
Nah, I'm not trying to pick a fight :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 21:45
lol no, I'd never fight with Kam. :hug:

I don't think she was trying to be rude when she said that. Or were you? ;) :p

Kamrusepas
17-07-06, 21:47
Not at all, I just tend to take everything music-related a bit [too?] seriously :whi: :D

CerebralAssassin
17-07-06, 21:47
lol no, I'd never fight with Kam. :hug:

I don't think she was trying to be rude when she said that. Or were you? ;) :p
honestly,after reading the pictures thread today...I can't tell if 2 members are just joking around or if there actually is bad blood brewing between them...:p

tr_mitch
17-07-06, 21:49
honestly,after reading the pictures thread today...I can't tell if 2 members are just joking around or if there's bad blood brewing between them...:p

God it was crazy... though i'm happy were all at peace.... For now :rolleyes:

Melonie Tomb Raider
17-07-06, 22:01
Not at all, I just tend to take everything music-related a bit [too?] seriously :whi: :D

lol it's ok. If the truth be known you're probably right anyway. :p

Just everytime I talk about rock music in my area, everyone thinks I'm talking about sum 41, good charlotte, or bands of the sort. They understand what type of music I'm talking about when I say "heavy rock". Maybe I'm wrong, but it works. :p

Assassino
17-07-06, 22:46
Cool, Linkin Park!!! They're amazing! \m/

xMiSsCrOfTx
17-07-06, 23:06
I like them! I also like Mike's other band, Fort Minor. :)

ILG49ers
17-07-06, 23:45
Linkin Park rocks! :yah: 'In the End' is my favorite song from them! :D

Assassino
17-07-06, 23:48
I love that! But i'm a big fan of Numb and easier to run!

ILG49ers
18-07-06, 00:09
I love that! But i'm a big fan of Numb and easier to run!

Those are great songs too! :D :tmb:

Kamrusepas
18-07-06, 02:30
I also like Mike's other band, Fort Minor. :)

What kinda music is that?

James Burgon
18-07-06, 02:38
Mike Shinoda and The Chinese DJ were the best things TO linkin park.
They're gonna crash and burn without it.

Fort Minor are terrible too.

Kamrusepas
18-07-06, 02:59
Mike Shinoda and The Chinese DJ were the best things TO linkin park.

*cough*Korean*cough* :p

Dante Croft
18-07-06, 05:01
:yah: Go Linkin park you rule!!!!

There very good but I still like greenday and evenesses better.

Eleana
18-07-06, 10:07
Yeah, that's Chester :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/music/2003/03/images/linkin_park2_270.jpg

*explodes with pleasure* I love Chester! :cln:

Angelx14
18-07-06, 10:17
Its good band, I like all kind of songs, no matter is it love song or hard rock. I love all, the important thing is that I can listen songs and sing right with them..so theres nothin to discuss.:D