PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Wisdom Teeth!

Andariel
18-07-06, 05:13
I was just eating some pretzels when I felt pain behind my back tooth. I know it's one of my wisdom teeth. :( I stopped and now I'm going to avoid that side. Is there any chance I can just forget about them and they'll leave me alone? :o

SpongeBob Lover
18-07-06, 05:16
that happened to me so then i started to brush my teeth after meals and the pain went away and now i can eat food comfortly :) maybe you should try that

PirateRose
18-07-06, 05:22
Flossing and useing mouthwash seems to work too. XD

Andariel
18-07-06, 05:23
What does that have to do with wisdom teeth pain? They aren't decaying they're moving.

SpongeBob Lover
18-07-06, 05:26
how would you know?

PirateRose
18-07-06, 05:27
meh, good to take care of them anyways. Big pain in the rear end to get them removed. *cough*

DREWY
18-07-06, 05:28
Ahhhh.... No http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/shocked002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) Normally pain is a warning of something else. Best get it looked at before it gets worse.
Our dentist has televisions on his ceiling, But then puts his boof head in the way, frustrating. Should only work during commercial breaks!

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-07-06, 05:35
Go to the dentist and ask them right away! I just had my wisdom teeth pulled about a month ago. It's a pain in the neck getting it done, but it'll be worth it! If you wait it will only get worse! not to mention, it could cause your teeth to become crooked.

Andariel
18-07-06, 06:04
Thanks guys. If it is my wisdom teeth (which I believe) then I guess I'll be resting from the surgery I'll need. Bleh!

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-07-06, 06:07
You'll do fine Andariel. :hug: It should take you about a week to recover, but for some it's longer. I was allergic to my medication and then I got an infection, so it took me 3 weeks to fully recover. I'm sure you'll have it a lot better though. :p

They will probably give you a certain medication (can't remember what it's called) that is really soothing and you'll love it! I'm not a druggie or anything, never done drugs in my life, but I loved that medication! :vlol: I only took it as directed, nothing more, but it still was great! I felt extremely relaxed and got the best sleep I've ever had in my life. Those would be nice to have around to take once a day. lol!!

DREWY
18-07-06, 06:11
I had a piece of steel drilled out of my eye once (seriously) and the doctor put cocaine drops in my eye. I barely made it home, and slept for nearly 2 full days! Warning to wear goggles in future.

Andariel
18-07-06, 06:12
Hmmm that drug sounds lovely! I hope I get some. :D

Rivendell
18-07-06, 07:35
I remember how much it hurts when the start poking through.. Mine are only just showing, I know I've got much more lovely pain to come :(

Paperdoll
18-07-06, 08:22
I feel your pain, I've been in pain for a year now and they're still not wanting to come out XD I'll have to go to the dentist soon, you should too, just to check they're growing correctly since there could be a few complications.

jarhead
18-07-06, 08:27
i know what it feels like but my wisdom teeth havnt came through yet, and ive ionly lost 4 baby teeth. i hate pain in my maouth, its really uncomfortable

psychokitten
18-07-06, 12:02
My wisdom teeth never came through! Lucky I guess, had to get lucky at some point hehe. I hope they stop hurting soon Andariel, try using some baby teething gel, it'll help stop the pain :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-07-06, 12:48
My wisdom teeth never came throughetiher, they were deeply impacted so my dentiest had to break them up before he could even pull them out.

Greenkey2
18-07-06, 12:55
I was just eating some pretzels when I felt pain behind my back tooth. I know it's one of my wisdom teeth. :( I stopped and now I'm going to avoid that side. Is there any chance I can just forget about them and they'll leave me alone? :o

It's best to have them out if they are causing pain from impacting your other teeth. I had mine out about two months ago, but I'd put up with the pain for over a year.

Because I didn't have it out promptly, the tooth badly damaged my back molar; so that had to come out too :rolleyes: It's usually very quick proceedure and was (definitely in my case) painless. I didn't even realise he'd taken the tooth out until five minutes later!

clairelovestlc
18-07-06, 13:10
Thank god i havent even lost my babyteeth yet... let alone got my wisdom teeth coming through!

( im strange i know, almost 20 years old and still have some baby teeth!)

deepbluesea
18-07-06, 13:10
my wisdom tooth was hurting a couple of months ago same time as greenkey but it just settled down after a while and is no bother now but if its still bothering you go see a dentist, they're not so bad.

Lara's Boy
18-07-06, 13:12
I am just letting mine grow in, and then if they become a problem I will have them removed. Right now on the the bottom ones have started in, so it is relatively easy to just ignore the occasional pain (I don't like taking medication), and if they aren't causing your other teeth to shift, then just take care of them. It is when people let them grow in and DON'T care for them that things get nasty

lita212
18-07-06, 14:05
I am just letting mine grow in, and then if they become a problem I will have them removed. Right now on the the bottom ones have started in, so it is relatively easy to just ignore the occasional pain (I don't like taking medication), and if they aren't causing your other teeth to shift, then just take care of them. It is when people let them grow in and DON'T care for them that things get nasty

i didnt know wisdom teeth can make ya teeth crooked how do they do that its weird?

Lara's Boy
18-07-06, 14:09
i didnt know wisdom teeth can make ya teeth crooked how do they do that its weird?

Well, some people have really tightly formed teeth, so when the wisdom teeth start to grow in, they have to force your back molars out of the way, and that can start to shift your other teeth. Hasn't happened to me, but I am sure it is painful :(

Edit: BTW, haven't seen you post in a while, nice to see ya again :D

Catapharact
18-07-06, 14:35
Well you could do what I did and yank em out yourse......

Errr; Scratch that. DON'T do what I did.