PDA

View Full Version : Mod Job

laracroft2122
18-07-06, 19:18
Okay, I am being asked on another forum do I want to be a mod. I got this reply from my application.

Dear User,

We are very pleased with the application you have returned to us to be an Online Forum Moderator. We are now inviting you to come and join us on the Moderation Team. This is because of your experince with computing including coding, technical support, video and picture editing etc.

Please get back to us if you would like to fill the position of the moderator job.

What would you guys to accept or refuse?

Catapharact
18-07-06, 19:20
Depends.

You have to know that being a mod means you have to be impartial to all views an decisions. Yes you do get cool powers, but you also have to restrain yourself from getting too passionate about something.

Its a double edged sword. Its the main reason why I refused to become a mod at the History Forum.

Ward Dragon
18-07-06, 19:21
That depends on how much time it will take, and if you are getting paid for it. I'd imagine it would take a lot of time, so if you have a fulltime job or classes to worry about, you have to consider that.

jarhead
18-07-06, 19:21
hmm im a mod on a site but theres no need for one, but i would.

however i can see how on a larger forum that poeple may start to see you as higher then them and thats one thing i wouldnt be able to stand so i guess YES, unless poeple start to think of me differently

laracroft2122
18-07-06, 19:23
That depends on how much time it will take, and if you are getting paid for it. I'd imagine it would take a lot of time, so if you have a fulltime job or classes to worry about, you have to consider that.

Yeah, I have nothing really to do, I get the odd homework and I know in myself that I am there for a purpose and that is to make the forum a better place and also no I would not get paid but it's because that I am determend to help on the forum

Angelx14
19-07-06, 12:43
I think you that you need accept. I think its good to be a mod. (i dunno, it is your choise.):D

psychokitten
19-07-06, 13:44
Why'd you apply if you're not sure if you want to be a mod? :) I think bein a mod is cool, just be sure you stay objective about stuff

da tomb raider!
19-07-06, 14:03
Flip for it!

Titanium
19-07-06, 14:07
Well Mods have to read every single post in the forum there moderating.

I mean its up to you really if you can handle it, half of our mods are on depressents already :p

Janny
19-07-06, 14:19
Who will know if you read all the posts on the forum or not? :whi:

Seriously, I say take the job, you'll have plenty of fun and if you don't like the job you can just tell the admins. Not all mods have to be impartial IMO, some always find a way to be just like any other member.

Nephili
19-07-06, 14:22
Hmm i dont know really, just go for it, see how it works out! If you dont like it, you can always quit :D

tlr online
19-07-06, 14:24
Okay, I am being asked on another forum do I want to be a mod. I got this reply from my application.

Dear User,

We are very pleased with the application you have returned to us to be an Online Forum Moderator. We are now inviting you to come and join us on the Moderation Team. This is because of your experince with computing including coding, technical support, video and picture editing etc.

Please get back to us if you would like to fill the position of the moderator job.

What would you guys to accept or refuse?
What kind of pension plan do they offer? What about healthcare?

Mona Sax
19-07-06, 14:42
LOL! :D

You've just opened Pandora's box. Can I see you in your office? I think we need to discuss my future here. :whi:

laracroft2122
19-07-06, 14:45

LOL, I wish! :):):):):)

Mona, TLR, what would you say?

Mona Sax
19-07-06, 14:55
I don't know, you're the only one who can make that decision. Being a mod is nice (it's great to lend a hand keeping things nice and clean on a forum you like), but it has some downsides, too (people treat you differently, you have to read threads you're not interested in, sometimes it can be stressful and you have to do things you know other members won't like).

If you want to be a mod, go ahead. You can always step down again if you don't like it.

laracroft2122
19-07-06, 14:58
Would you ever step down from mod job.

I don't know I don't know if I should accept, maybe having a taster of being a mod might of shown me what it was like and if I enjoyed a taster on some other forum it would help but can't do that because I don't no a forum where I could try. Erm... what else I could do - I could just not accept the job. I don't know what I want to do!

Titanium
19-07-06, 14:59
Well accept it for now and see what it is like and if you dont like it, asked to be a normal member again :)

laracroft2122
19-07-06, 15:01
No because I in that forum because I would disapoint some people. I need to do it on a different forum to do that, maybe any one got any suggestions?

Mona Sax
19-07-06, 15:03
I think that's a risk you have to take if you want to try it out. I doubt there's a place that would let you - a newbie - be a temporary mod.

laracroft2122
19-07-06, 15:04
I think that's a risk you have to take if you want to try it out.

hmmmmmm.....does anyone know a forum that would be a willing place for me to try out moderating

laracroft2122
19-07-06, 19:14
?

Neteru
20-07-06, 13:16
If you are so unsure as this, I would suggest you decline. You need to be a good deal more decisive if you're going to be a moderator.