PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Lavinder
11-06-08, 17:50
I've always been a Snape and Sirius fan - more so when I started reading people fanfics, because although another person was portraying their personalities, they always seemed really good interpretations of how the character would act. :D Including the kinky smut.

Rivendell
11-06-08, 17:53
I can't wait to see the start of HBP with Snape / Bellatrix / Narcissa. :D

Lavinder
11-06-08, 17:55
I hope they do it well, I have a really good picture in my minds eye from the book, and I don't want that mutilated by the film. I have no one to watch the film with when it comes out =[.

ShadyCroft
11-06-08, 17:56
oh yeah, Spinners End! Imagine actually not making that scene into the movie ?! Dunno why, I just have a feeling it wont be there (unless its been confirmed its there already).

Rivendell
11-06-08, 17:57
I hope they do it well, I have a really good picture in my minds eye from the book, and I don't want that mutilated by the film. I have no one to watch the film with when it comes out =[.

Take J! You got him watching BB, so anything's possible. ;)

Lavinder
11-06-08, 18:02
Take J! You got him watching BB, so anything's possible. ;)

I'm one of those awful fangirls that get really embarrassed if they watch HP with any non-HP lovers :o. I might blindfold him and drag him to the cinema, tell him we're going to watch something manly like Die Hard "5" or something.

Elysia
11-06-08, 18:13
I've always been a Snape and Sirius fan - more so when I started reading people fanfics, because although another person was portraying their personalities, they always seemed really good interpretations of how the character would act. :D Including the kinky smut.
I must admit, although I write fanfic, I do find it excruciatingly hard to read a lot of the time... mainly because I've read such dreadful stuff where I've just cringed my way through plot holes the size of Cardiff, not to mention this insistence in most fandoms (not just HP) that all the male characters all secretly fancy each other and / or are at it like knives 24/7. I actually sketched out a Sirius / Remus friendship oneshot (set during Order of the Phoenix), but ended up scrapping it because I *know* people will read it and think I'm gunning for a PadfootXMooney pairing :(

Lavinder
11-06-08, 18:20
Yeah, I can only read them when they are really good, although very far and few between. I prefer fanfics that have plot entwined with a romance rather than just a read purely based on Ron try to have his way with Hermione or visa versa.

Obviously I'm not as picky seeing as I'm not a teacher who knows all the ins and outs of literature. =D

Elysia
11-06-08, 18:26
Yeah, I can only read them when they are really good, although very far and few between. I prefer fanfics that have plot entwined with a romance rather than just a read purely based on Ron try to have his way with Hermione or visa versa.
I think there definitely has to be some kind of plot - in any fic, if you're going to have romance, it has to be a secondary feature (icing on the cake, if you like) rather than the be all and end all - nothing screams 'bad self insertion fanfic!' worse than plotless pseudo-smut where you're simply writing for an excuse to get your rocks off pretending to be one of the characters! (Not that I'm necessarily knocking writing things like that for your own entertainment, but when it comes to considering your audience, it needs to be more than just your own little fantasy written down for all to see ;)).

I have to say, I haven't had much luck with Potter fics on the whole... found a few good Stargate ones, a few good Neverwinter Nights ones and even a good Jak and Daxter one (although the end disturbed me a bit!), but I find the Harry Potter ones to be a bit, well, juvenile in their content, which is a shame...

Maybe I should write mine after all! See how it measures up ;) (Alongside the TR one I started planning, my mammoth NWN one, my SGA one and my D&D one... :whi:)

:vlol: at the teacher comment - you'd be surprised the amount of people who are truly surprised to find a teacher who reads and writes fanfic! (oddly enough, I know 3, just in my department... it's not as uncommon as you'd possibly think! :D)

Lavinder
11-06-08, 18:36
Aha, I'm never surprised about teachers. I've noticed most teachers actually have lives, it's hard to imagine when you see them in lessons with excited faces talking about stuff not considered exciting :p.

Ada the Mental
11-06-08, 18:40
It's hard to find a good fanfic. It's like about 90% of HP fanfic out there is pointless fangerly slash, or the writing just bad, or the characters are completely out of character. That's why I only read certain authors I know they're actually good and stick to canon and their characterisation is spot-on.

not to mention this insistence in most fandoms (not just HP) that all the male characters all secretly fancy each other and / or are at it like knives 24/7. I actually sketched out a Sirius / Remus friendship oneshot (set during Order of the Phoenix), but ended up scrapping it because I *know* people will read it and think I'm gunning for a PadfootXMooney pairing :(
Tell me about it. All my favourite guys ,in every single fandom are shipped together. Me no likey.
The Sirius/Remus pairing in particular gets on my nerves. Their relationship is much more interesting as a friendship, IMO. Plus, it's annoying that the Black/Lupin shippers insist that the pairing is canon.
BTW, the fact that I have a secret crush (ok, not-so-secret anymore) on both of them has nothing to do with my dislike of the pairing. Really.

Elysia
11-06-08, 18:52
It's hard to find a good fanfic. It's like about 90% of HP fanfic out there is pointless fangerly slash, or the writing just bad, or the characters are completely out of character. That's why I only read certain authors I know they're actually good and stick to canon and their characterisation is spot-on.

Tell me about it. All my favourite guys ,in every single fandom are shipped together. Me no likey.
The Sirius/Remus pairing in particular gets on my nerves. Their relationship is much more interesting as a friendship, IMO. Plus, it's annoying that the Black/Lupin shippers insist that the pairing is canon.
BTW, the fact that I have a secret crush (ok, not-so-secret anymore) on both of them has nothing to do with my dislike of the pairing. Really.
Gah - slashship fangirls are THE WORST: no contest. REMUS AND SIRIUS ARE NOT CANON! I have lost count the amount of times I have said that, and been swarmed over by the fangirls with 'evidence' from the books... most of it just Sirius and Remus, you know, talking to each other. Well, stone me - if two men having a conversation in private and being friends means they're madly and hopelessly in love, then I'd better watch hubby - he goes off to the pub with his mate Tony all the time! :rolleyes:

Remus and Sirius are a fascinating friendship because they are the two that remain - the two survivors, if you like - and in making their relationship 'romantic', I think that completely undermines what JK was trying to say about these two. Yes, they care about each other, but their affection is something borne out of mutual respect and a kinship of sorts, not that they want to get into each other's pants!

BTW, neither is mine. Really.
[/rant]

Rivendell
11-06-08, 18:56
Gah - slashship fangirls are THE WORST: no contest. REMUS AND SIRIUS ARE NOT CANON! I have lost count the amount of times I have said that, and been swarmed over by the fangirls with 'evidence' from the books... most of it just Sirius and Remus, you know, talking to each other.

:vlol: :vlol: Madness.

Elysia
11-06-08, 18:59
:vlol: :vlol: Madness.

Because, according to the fangirls, if two men talk to each other, they *obviously* harbour secret desires for each other.

Even if they despise each other (Snape / Sirius are a popular pair for that... as are Harry and Malfoy).

So, beware! If you're male and you talk to another man, under any circumstance, you obviously fancy them!

:rolleyes:

*less said about the HagridXDumbledore and DobbyXHagrid (I know - eyewatering, isn't it?) stuff, the better...*

Naomichi
11-06-08, 19:21
So all these years I've been gay but not even suspected it? :o

But then... So are all my friends as well!

I'd better start dressing better and get rid of the other half at once!

Elysia
11-06-08, 19:22
Oh, definitely - good job you won't be alone in your craving for man-flesh, eh? :p

Ada the Mental
11-06-08, 19:23
I have lost count the amount of times I have said that, and been swarmed over by the fangirls with 'evidence' from the books... most of it just Sirius and Remus, you know, talking to each other. .
Oh, I got you another one: Remus hugged Sirius! He hugged him after seeing his old friend for the first time in more than a decade, and learnt that he's not a double-crossing, evil git who sold his friend after all. That's about the epitome of wanting to get into someone's pants.

Or this one: Remus only gave in to Tonks (the Mighty Evil and Manipulative ***** Who Took Advantage Of Poor Grieving Moony) because with her handy metamorphosing skills she could turn into...Paddiekinns!!11!!1! Yeah. That explains eveything. And it's totally so in-character for Remus to use someone like that, yeah. :vlol:

Naomichi
11-06-08, 19:28
Oh, definitely - good job you won't be alone in your craving for man-flesh, eh? :p

Clearly not... In fact virtually everyone on earth must be secretly gay.:o

Oh, I got you another one: Remus hugged Sirius! He hugged him after seeing his old friend for the first time in more than a decade, and learnt that he's not a double-crossing, evil git who sold his friend after all. That's about the epitome of wanting to get into someone's pants.

Or this one: Remus only gave in to Tonks (the Mighty Evil and Manipulative ***** Who Took Advantage Of Poor Grieving Moony) because with her handy metamorphosing skills she could turn into...Paddiekinns!!11!!1! Yeah. That explains eveything. And it's totally so in-character for Remus to use someone like that, yeah. :vlol:

I think I would literally weep with laughter were I to read any fiction featuring the second of these two. It would be so stupidly bad it would be great... For about 30 seconds, and then it would go back to being pitiful.

Elysia
11-06-08, 19:30

Jeez... seriously? They think Tonks metamorphoses herself into Sirius to entrap Remus?! I must admit, I'd kind of abandoned the fandom by this point for being nuttier then squirrel poo. Can you imagine it? 'Yes, I'll marry you, but only if you parade around our bedroom disguised as my dead best male friend' - uh, run to the hills on Tonks' behalf, methinks?? I'd heard the hugging one (because hugging obviously = physical contact which inevitably = TEH HOT SECKS!!), but the Tonks one... whoa. Fangirls are SCARY! Totally barking - I swear it. Mental, 110%, do not pass go, do not collect the sanity certificate.

Clearly not... In fact virtually everyone on earth must be secretly gay.:o
So says Stephen Fry! :p

I think I would literally weep with laughter were I to read any fiction featuring the second of these two. It would be so stupidly bad it would be great... For about 30 seconds, and then it would go back to being pitiful.
That was kind of my take on it... until I realised they were deadly serious. And then I kind of backed away, slowly like... :eek:

Ada the Mental
11-06-08, 19:40
Jeez... seriously? They think Tonks metamorphoses herself into Sirius to entrap Remus?! {/QUOTE]
Yup!They've got that scary.
And the Manipulative ***** part refers to the fact that Tonks cornered Remus in front of everyone at the end of HBP because he was in a vulnerable emotional state at the time, plus everyone would think he was being an ass for rejecting her in front of all these people. Because Tonks is evil and manipulative like that. O_O

[QUOTE]And then I kind of backed away, slowly like... :eek:
I think this is the best approach. *nods*
This fandom really gets insane at times. Not as insane as other fandoms, but still...

Angel666
11-06-08, 19:56
I love Snape yet lately almost all of the fanfic I've read has been Snape/Lily, which I pretty much openly dispise. Is that how you spell dispise? Despise? IDK, anyway to fangirls any contact with anyone obviously means you wan't in their pants, whether they're human or not, Squid anyone? Blech. :eek:

Elysia
11-06-08, 19:56
*shakes head sadly* It really is mental how a lot of female characters are reviled by the fandom because they *dare* form relationships with the male characters, when everyone knows absolutely every single male character ever invented is actually gay and loves his equally-repressed-yet-yearning-for-his-touch best mate. And how do we know? Because they talk to each other! And sometimes they TOUCH! *wipes sweaty palms upon knees...*

I have to admit, I try to steer clear of the truly mental (read: Anime) fandoms. Stargate can be bad, Harry Potter worse, but the Final Fantasy one and some of the Anime ones really do take the proverbial biscuit... some people seriously need to get out more!

I love Snape yet lately almost all of the fanfic I've read has been Snape/Lily, which I pretty much openly dispise. Is that how you spell dispise? Despise? IDK, anyway to fangirls any contact with anyone obviously means you wan't in their pants, whether they're human or not, Squid anyone? Blech. :eek:
*sighs* Now this is one pairing I have encountered... that Lily secretly loved Snape and was bullied (?!?!) into being with James.

Like, yeah, that's plausible...

:pi: *Backs away slowly...*

Then there's Hermione and Malfoy - because Malfoy only insults her because he secretly loves her... :/

Naomichi
11-06-08, 19:59
So says Stephen Fry! :p

Well who am I to argue with the man who wrote The Liar and the Hippopotamus?:p

That was kind of my take on it... until I realised they were deadly serious. And then I kind of backed away, slowly like... :eek:

Which is apparently what I should be doing whenever I'm with any of my male friends... :D In case our hidden lusts overcome us.

Elysia
11-06-08, 20:03
Well who am I to argue with the man who wrote The Liar and the Hippopotamus?:p
Indeed! :D *Stephen Fry is some kind of god, you know...*

Which is apparently what I should be doing whenever I'm with any of my male friends... :D In case our hidden lusts overcome us.
Absolutely - remember, no eye contact and *definitely* no physical contact; physical contact is the clincher, after all. Best not to engage on any level at all, in case your mad, uncontrollable animal lusts for your fellow man over take you wildly in a fit of slashy fangirl passion.

Sometimes, I really, really feel sorry for these characters, I really do... :(

Angelus
11-06-08, 20:04
When is HBP released?

Lavinder
11-06-08, 20:05
Then there's Hermione and Malfoy - because Malfoy only insults her because he secretly loves her... :/

Reminds me of the time I was reading this fanfic between Malfoy and Hermione (yes shoot me, I was lonely) and my mother come to see what I was reading. I've never turned so red in my life :eek:, she started reading "hardened under his robe..." - then she gave me this whole discussion about sex and how it's not that brilliant etc. trying to put me off having it O_O.

Rivendell
11-06-08, 20:05
November 21st :D

Elysia
11-06-08, 20:07
When is HBP released?
The film? November this year? Something like that, anyway... ;)

EDIT: Riv is DA MAN! :D

Reminds me of the time I was reading this fanfic between Malfoy and Hermione (yes shoot me, I was lonely) and my mother come to see what I was reading. I've never turned so red in my life :eek:, she started reading "hardened under his robe..." - then she gave me this whole discussion about sex and how it's not that brilliant etc. trying to put me off having it O_O.

LOL!! :vlol: I seriously think being caught reading smut by your mum is some kind of rite of passage...

... but reading it about school kids kind of squicks me out. Actually, scrap that - it squicks me out A LOT!

Lavinder
11-06-08, 20:09
The thing was the whole chapter was innocent until that one part, sods law aye'?

Angelus
11-06-08, 20:10
November 21st :D

Ooh, thanks. I can't remember what happens in HBP so I'll probably re-read all of the books before the end of the year.

Rivendell
11-06-08, 20:26
It's all about Voldemort's past and his ancestry - I think that's why I love it so much. :D It's such a dark book.

Angelus
11-06-08, 20:37
It's all about Voldemort's past and his ancestry - I think that's why I love it so much. :D It's such a dark book.

Aaaaah, yeah. It's all come flooding back now. :D

touchthesky
11-06-08, 20:54
Wehhhhh

http://media.mugglenet.com/i//hbpfilm/intlexpo/dracomalfoy.jpg

<3.

ShadyCroft
11-06-08, 21:15
It's all about Voldemort's past and his ancestry - I think that's why I love it so much. It's such a dark book.

Yes, that's the only thing I found great about the book, along with afew other things.
The whole love stuff, McLaggen, Romilda Vane, Ron and Lavinder kind of annoyed me. Alot of it seemed random to me and wasted an amount of the book.

The deaths were pretty tense. When you read how Karakaroff was found dead on the floor of a cottage in the north with the dark mark over it, when you picture it you cant help but get goosebumps. JKR really was excellent describing the fear that spread among people in the wizarding world.

Also, one of the things I loved about 1, 2, 3 and 4 is that you read and live the events but you're not aware that there's more to the things you're reading.
For example, in CoS, in the chamber, Tom Riddle explains how Malfoy slipped the diary in Ginny's cauldron. Didn't Ginny shriek that she'd forgotten her diary when they were leaving for King's Cross ?! When you read this part you wouldn't make much out of it, but you read the chapter in the chamber and read Tom Riddle's explanation and you would go back through the events in the book and you would see how things make sense. Same with HP3 when Lupin explains how Snape assigned the students the werewolf essay for them to find out about Lupin (which we know about later). Also, how the marauders came up with the map, how Sirius escaped,how he knew where Ron and Scabbers were from the newspaper you read about in the first chapter. Also, in the 4th book, Moody giving the book about Gillyweed to Neville, how Harry saw Barty Crouch the map but then turned out it was Barty Jr in disguise as Moody. How you find out around the end that the seat at the top box was NOT empty after all, why winky was running slowly as if she's bound to something during the riot in the Quidditch World cup.

All these things and alot more made me love the books...that was missing from the 6th book (apart from the scheme with vanishing cabinet).

Edit: Just remembered in HP6 when Malfoy knewfrom Hermione in the library how Filch couldn't distinguish poisons. Didn't Harry and Hermione sense some move behind the book case behind them then Madam Pince appeared to mislead the reader ??
Still, not enough of that element in HP6.

Real Life Raider
11-06-08, 23:59
I'm not sure if this text has been posted yet....

The 'prequel' by J.K.Rowling.

The speeding motorcycle took the sharp corner so fast in the darkness that both policemen in the pursuing car shouted,"Whoa!" Sergeant Fisher slammed his large foot on the brake, thinking that the boy who was riding pillion was sure to be flung under his wheels; however, the motorbike made the turn without unseating either of its riders, and with a wink of its red tail lights, vanished up the narrow side street.

"We've got 'em now!" cried PC Anderson excitedly. "That's a dead end!"

Leaning hard on the steering wheel and crashing his gears, Fisher scraped half the paint off the flank of the car as he forced it up the alleyway in pursuit.

There in the headlights sat their quarry, stationary at last after a quarter of an hour's chase. The two riders were trapped between a towering brickwall and the police car, which was now crawling towards them like some growling luminous-eyes predator.

There was so little space between the car doors and the walls of the alley that Fisher and Anderson had difficulty extricating themselves from the vehicle. It injured their dignity to have to inch, crab-like, towards the miscreants. Fisher dragged his generous belly along the wall, tearing buttons off his shirt as he went, and finally snapping off the wing mirror with his backside.

"Get off the bike!" he bellowed at the smirking youths, who sat basking in the flashing blue light as though enjoying it.

They did as they were told, finally pulling free from the broken wing mirror, Fisher glared at them. They seemed to be in their late teens. The one who had been driving had long black hair, his insolent good looks reminded Fisher unpleasantly of his daughter's guitar-playing, layabout boyfriend. The second boy also had black hair, though his was short and stuck up in all directions; he wore glasses and a broad grin. Both were dressed in t-shirts emblazoned with a large golden bird; the emblem, no doubt, of some deafening, timeless rock band.

"No helmet!" Fisher yelled, pointing from one uncovered head to the other. "Exceeding the speed limit by-by a considerable amount!" (In fact, the speed registered had been greater than Fisher was prepared to accept that any motorcycle could travel.) "Failure to stop for the police!"

"We'd have loved to stop for a chat," said the boy in glasses,"only we were trying--"

"Don't get smart-you two are in a heap of trouble!" snarled Anderson. "Names!"

"Names?" repeated the long-haired driver."Er-Well, let's see. There's Wilberforce...Bathsheba...Elvendork..."

"And what's nice about that one is, you can use it for a boy OR a girl," said the boy in glasses.

"Oh, our names, did you mean?" asked the first, as Anderson spluttered with rage."You should've said! This here is James Potter, and I'm Sirius Black!"

"Things'll be seriously black for you in a minute, you cheeky little-"

But neither James nor Sirius was paying attention. They were suddenly as alert as gundogs, staring past Fisher and Anderson, over the roof of the police car, at the dark mouth of the alley. Then, with identical, fluid movements, they reached into their back pockets.

For the space of a heartbeat both policemen imagined guns gleaming at them, but a second later they saw that the motorcyclists had drawn nothing more than-

"Drumsticks?" jeered Anderson. "Right pair of jokers, aren't you? Right, we're arresting you on a charge of--"

But Anderson never got to name the charge. James and Sirius had shouted something incomprehensible, and the beams from the headlights had moved.

The policemen wheeled around, then staggered backwards. Three men were flying-actually flying- up the alley on broomsticks-and at the same moment,the police car was rearing up on its back wheels.

Fisher's knee bucked; as he sat down hard; Anderson tripped over Fisher's legs and fell on top of him, as flump-bang-crunch- they heard the mean on brooms slam into the suspended car and fall, apparently insensible, to the ground, while broken bits of broomstick clattered down around them.

The motorbike had roared into life again. His mouth hanging open, Fisher mustered the strength to look back at the two teenagers.

"Thanks very much!" called Sirius over the throb of the engine."We owe you one!"

"Yeah, nice meeting you!" said James. "And don't forget: Elvendork! It's unisex!"

There was an earth-shaking crash, and Fisher and Anderson threw their arms around each other in fright; their car had just fallen back to the ground. Now it was the motorcycle's turn to rear. Before the policemen's disbelieving eyes, it took off into thin air: James and Sirius zoomed away into the night sky, their tail light twinkling behind them like a vanishing ruby.

From the prequel I am not working on-but that was fun! J.K. Rowling.2008

findme
14-07-08, 11:34
HBP sneak preview

god i must say, i'm DEAD EXCITED

I really hate the new dumbledore still, with a passion. He's NOT a stupidly aggressive old ****!

I just lost the faith in the movies after Goblet of Fire. I just know they're gonna **** up this one just as they did with Phoenix.

I feel for you JK Rowling, I really do.

N4xQP_82J2o

touchthesky
14-07-08, 11:40
I think that's on the OOTP dvd? I wouldn't know though, I've never actually watched that movie since I bought it let alone opened the special features x).

I am just excited for more Tom Felton, they ripped ALL his parts out of OOTP. Andd I hope they do the Pheonix song as beautiful as it's meant to be.

findme
14-07-08, 11:45
It's new I think, I don't even have the Phoenix dvd so i dunno but Ive never seen that before.

In all fairness though, if you're a massive Harry Potter (book)fan and you liked the 5th movie, you should be ashamed of yourself haha, this goes out to everyone.

And yeap I know Malfoy did have a greater role in the book than in the film, I can't believe they can narrow the film down to just 2 hours when it's the longest book and yet they did at least 2 and a half hours for all the films before.

touchthesky
14-07-08, 11:58
And the deathly hallows for some odd reason (COUGH*money*COUGH) gets two movies which will both be 2-3 hours long.

The world of movies..odd.

I was annoyed at how Harry found out about Nevilles parents. It wasnt meant to be like that. Have some respect for the author.

Rivendell
14-07-08, 11:58
In all fairness though, if you're a massive Harry Potter (book)fan and you liked the 5th movie, you should be ashamed of yourself haha, this goes out to everyone.

:vlol:

Can't wait for the last three. Gimme more Rickman and Bonham Carter! :jmp:

Angelus
14-07-08, 12:05
It's new I think, I don't even have the Phoenix dvd so i dunno but Ive never seen that before.

And yeap I know Malfoy did have a greater role in the book than in the film, I can't believe they can narrow the film down to just 2 hours when it's the longest book and yet they did at least 2 and a half hours for all the films before.

Totally agree. The OotP film is a big mess. :hea:

Wolf Angel
14-07-08, 12:17

I found that in ootf they seemed to skip a lot of scenes and left out stuff from the book, but the books always explain it better anyway. :)

touchthesky
14-07-08, 12:22
I HATE speaking with non-book fans that think they know everything. For example;

Film fan-Cant wait for the next movie, I wanna know if so and so dies.
Book/Film fan-Oh he does!
FF-you cant know that!
bf-Yes I can, because it happened in the book
FF-the books arent the same
bf-something so important wont be kept out
ff-whatever, the books suck anyway.

Geck-o-Lizard
14-07-08, 12:23
^ That case might just be a case of denial and not actually wanting to know what happens next. :p

Lies and deceit! I seriously loved it. Seen it about five times in the cinema and ten times at home. I know it wasn't very canon, but as a movie in the HP MOVIE universe, I thought it was great. It was fun, entertaining, and actually pretty well clipped down. Plus I think the atmosphere and set/prop/costume/etc design beats the last four. :p

findme
14-07-08, 12:40
I found that in ootf they seemed to skip a lot of scenes and left out stuff from the book, but the books always explain it better anyway. :)

Thats because the books were written before the film.

Infact, the books were nevr written "FOR" the film. Dunno if that makes sense.

AmericanAssassin
14-07-08, 12:44

Seriously? The fifth book is my favorite and I still loved the movie. It's actually my favorite movie. :)

Bellatrix is amazing. :whi:

Angelus
14-07-08, 12:47
Thats because the books were written before the film.

Infact, the books were nevr written "FOR" the film. Dunno if that makes sense.

Exactly! :tmb:

Seriously? The fifth book is my favorite and I still loved the movie. It's actually my favorite movie. :)

Bellatrix is amazing. :whi:

Yeah... too much was cut out of the film. The fifth book was just filler to set up Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows in my eyes. Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite book and so far it's my favourite film of the series. :)

findme
14-07-08, 12:49
meh, CoS i still my fave film, it actually sticked to the book about 99.9%.

Kudos to Chris Columbus :) First film wasn't bad either if it wasn't for the **** rookie acting.

I'm trying SO SO hard to make the 3rd film my fave but it's hard just because they changed Dumbledore completely and that ruined it for me, the film had the perfect potter atmosphere though.

touchthesky
14-07-08, 12:53
Ah I know he was only young but Radcliffes acting in the first one was a bit :|

Especially at the end.

Angelus
14-07-08, 12:59
Ah I know he was only young but Radcliffes acting in the first one was a bit :|

Especially at the end.

All of their acting is terrible in the first film! :vlol:

"I'm... a wizard!?"

With the most boring expression on his face!

findme
14-07-08, 13:02
"NEVER!"

"YOU LIAR!"

oh danny boy your voice is breaking.

at the age of 12

Rivendell
14-07-08, 13:26
All of their acting is terrible in the first film! :vlol:

It was rubbish in the first two! :D
The three have improved so much over the last few years though. Especially Dan.
I love the last half an hour of OotP, and Dan's distraught acting is great. Very cool direction for that part of the film.

Ada the Mental
14-07-08, 13:27
Lies and deceit! I seriously loved it. Seen it about five times in the cinema and ten times at home. I know it wasn't very canon, but as a movie in the HP MOVIE universe, I thought it was great. It was fun, entertaining, and actually pretty well clipped down. Plus I think the atmosphere and set/prop/costume/etc design beats the last four. :p
I like it, too. It certainly was way better than Goblet of Fire which was just...boring and lame.

PoA remains my favourite of the Potterverse movies so far, no matter how annoyed I was at first with how much of the story was cut.

Angelus
14-07-08, 13:42
It was rubbish in the first two! :D
The three have improved so much over the last few years though. Especially Dan.
I love the last half an hour of OotP, and Dan's distraught acting is great. Very cool direction for that part of the film.

Yeah, they have improved... if Emma stopped moving her eyebrows constantly and overacting then she'd be great!

Rivendell
14-07-08, 13:47
:vlol: Can't stop them 'brows!
I don't think she should either. Because, you know... She's established Hermione now as a girl who has very excited eyebrows.

:tmb:

Angelus
14-07-08, 13:51
:vlol: Can't stop them 'brows!
I don't think she should either. Because, you know... She's established Hermione now as a girl who has very excited eyebrows.

:tmb:

touchthesky
14-07-08, 13:53
Perhaps the film-makers could add a storyline in which Hermione is in front of an open flame and her eyebrows get singed off.

THEN she could get away with not moving them :D

Rivendell
14-07-08, 13:58
Haha! Could you imagine if that happened?

"Pssst! Hermione! Guess what??"

"What?"

"INCENDIO!"

"AGH, MY FACE!! MY BEAUTIFUL EYEBROWS!"

findme
14-07-08, 13:59
nQJ4ClngaoA

e to the y to the e to the b the r o w s

Angelus
14-07-08, 14:01
LMAO! :vlol:

findme
14-07-08, 14:05
Gosh her eyebrows has a life of their own.

touchthesky
14-07-08, 14:20
I just found the funniest thing on google but Im not sure if I can post it here.

I'll post it anywho but if it's not allowed I apologise. People have posted worse things and not been told off so I think I'll be okay. All I'll say is, click at your own risk, :P

http://www.pyratradio.com/images/lol/December/funny-harry-potter.jpg

Angelus
14-07-08, 14:22
I just found the funniest thing on google but Im not sure if I can post it here.

I'll post it anywho but if it's not allowed I apologise. People have posted worse things and not been told off so I think I'll be okay. All I'll say is, click at your own risk, :P

http://www.pyratradio.com/images/lol/December/funny-harry-potter.jpg

LMFAO!!! :vlol:

findme
14-07-08, 14:28
LMFAO!!!!!

Any one seen Emma Watson's "Chamber of Secrets"? I came across it on a blog and i was like MANNNN Hermione Granger is indeed bushy!

Angelus
14-07-08, 14:37
LMFAO!!!!!

Any one seen Emma Watson's "Chamber of Secrets"? I came across it on a blog and i was like MANNNN Hermione Granger is indeed bushy!

:eek:

No... can't say I have. :p

Rivendell
14-07-08, 17:59
Oh wow, the HP6 teaser looks like the best teaser evah!!! NOT!

Back in late June, we broke news of a "teaser trailer" coming with The Dark Knight in IMAX on July 18th. Last week, we learned that this teaser trailer is actually a 15-second preview.

A MuggleNet reader who works at an IMAX theater has provided us with a description of the trailer, as well as the one line of dialogue in it. We understand that some people may want to be surprised, so highlight in between the arrows below if you'd like to read it before Friday!

Quote below:

-->A black screen with Dumbledore saying "Once again I must ask you to do the impossible, Harry." After that, the title is displayed as well as the release date.<--

findme
14-07-08, 18:00
Oh god, they're milking that line big time aren't they, making people hype over it.

lol.

Angelus
14-07-08, 19:17
I think I'll just pass out from the excitement of the preview... :vlol:

TombRaiderLover
14-07-08, 19:21
Wasn't that "15-second-teaser with the wonderfully awesome-looking Dark Knight" rumour later claimed false. Recently I heard a longer trailer would premiere wih that new CGI Star Wars film. Clone Wars, methinks? :wve:

touchthesky
15-07-08, 13:10
I just want the movie already.

I want to see them ruin my favourite book.

Angelus
15-07-08, 13:12
Nevermind - brain fart.

L.C
15-07-08, 16:20

Bellatrix is amazing. :whi:Have to agree with you, AA. Considering the amount of material they had to work with, and before anyone was given the go-ahead to split it into 2 movies, I think a very decent job was done :tmb:

peeves
16-07-08, 21:06
Just one question. Will Dudley or vernon dursley be in Half-Blood Prince film? I know that petunia will be in it but don't know bout the other 2. I hope one of the dursleys yells at harry like all the other films with the dursleys. :mis:

Rivendell
18-07-08, 15:57
I think I'll just pass out from the excitement of the preview... :vlol:

Well get ready to PASS THE HELL OUT WITH SHEER EXCITEMENT after this Jawdropping teaser trailer!!!

S9Az919nQjI

OMG!

SUCK!

Angelus
18-07-08, 16:07
Sorry about the late reply... I passed out and I've only just woken up!

Best teaser ever! I just hope that the Underworld teaser is as good as the HBP one!

Wow... sheer brilliance! :tmb:

findme
18-07-08, 16:17
Well get ready to PASS THE HELL OUT WITH SHEER EXCITEMENT after this Jawdropping teaser trailer!!!

SUCK!

I KNOW ITS AAMAZING

i mean why the **** did they even bother with this ****?

Nannonxyay
18-07-08, 16:42
I guess they did it to make people want more, and so it wouldn't give too much away.

AmericanAssassin
18-07-08, 16:42
S9Az919nQjI

That was a joke, right? Right? Right? I was so ****ed when the trailer didn't play before The Dark Knight. :mad:

Angelus
18-07-08, 16:43
I guess they did it to make people want more, and so it wouldn't give too much away.

It doesn't give anything away! It's a black screen with a logo on it!

touchthesky
18-07-08, 16:43
That was lame.

Ada the Mental
18-07-08, 19:07
Well...Look at the bright side: at least it doesn't spoil anything from the movie! Oh wait! We've already read the books... :pi:

Seriously... O_O

Angel666
18-07-08, 19:26
Well, that trailer must have taken all of five minutes to make. Jeez that was lame.

Angelus
18-07-08, 19:34
They could have just done a 'HBP in 5 seconds' trailer! :D

ShadyCroft
18-07-08, 21:46
Are you serious ? Was that a fan-made or an official trailer ?

No, that cannot be called a trailer
hell, its not even a teaser. :(

Dixie
24-07-08, 22:12
Teaser trailer to be released next week! Wooo a real trailer!:jmp:

NightWish
24-07-08, 22:18
hey sorry, I am not a harry potter fan, but dont worry I am not going to bash. I just want to ask you a question...

In a TR fanart of mine lara vs cerberus, I often got the comments if I had borrowed teh idea of teh 3geaded dog from a harry potter movie :confused:

Does anyone have a pic of that? I am just curious

:)

TombRaiderLover
24-07-08, 22:19
"referring to teaser trailer"

"Well, that was . . . very brief . . . just like all the men in my life." *chuckles* "What men? Well, then again there's you, but, you need therapy!"

*everyone in thread is confused - TombRaiderLover walks backwards*

VonCroy360
24-07-08, 22:20
http://i33.************/153y8mf.jpg

NightWish
24-07-08, 22:22
http://i33.************/153y8mf.jpg

thanks! wow I wish I had a HQ pic of that to use as reference then! :vlol: Thanks again :)

VonCroy360
24-07-08, 22:23
"referring to teaser trailer"
"Well, that was . . . very brief . . . just like all the men in my life." *chuckles* "What men? Well, then again there's you, but, you need therapy!"
*everyone in thread is confused - TombRaiderLover walks backwards*

Batman?

Btw, the dog's name is Fluffy, if you ever need it for anything. :D

Rivendell
24-07-08, 22:25
"Proper" trailer is apparently out on the 29th, or the next day with the Mummy film. :wve:

TombRaiderLover
24-07-08, 22:28
Batman?

Batman Returns, yes. :p

Meh, the trailers that accompanied The Dark Knight today were rubbish. Hopefully a decent HBP trailer is released pretty soon. It's released in November!

VonCroy360
24-07-08, 22:34
Batman Returns, yes. :p
Meh, the trailers that accompanied The Dark Knight today were rubbish. Hopefully a decent HBP trailer is released pretty soon. It's released in November!

Close enough for me. :p

As for the trailer, I guess it will be a boost (a small one, but still better than nothing) to the Mummy's ticket sales. The Dark Knight didn't really need that - more likely no one would even remember the HP trailer after it.

Dixie
25-07-08, 00:27
MuggleNet is reporting that they expect it to be released on the 30th with M3. But according to every site I've seen (including other news posts on MN) it comes out on 1st of August. Did they move it up and just not say anything?

And can someone explain the whole satellite thing to me? I've seen them do this with most of the HP trailers, but never understood it.

CalCooChi
25-07-08, 00:31
General Harry Potter?

But I thought he was a Wizard?

Oh, I have guns set to SPAM tonight - I do apologise everyone. :p

peeves
25-07-08, 16:30
Oh I can't wait for the HBP film to be released. Will Harry Potter cry in this Half-Blood Prince film like he did in PoA,GoF,OotP?

Dixie
26-07-08, 02:48
Ah, all these official confirmations are nice! WB has now announced that the trailer will be ONLINE TUESDAY. :jmp::jmp:

Rivendell
26-07-08, 09:16
The teaser, apparently. :pi: :hea:

Amid rumors of a teaser premiere this morning, Warner Brothers has officially confirmed with us that the Half-Blood Prince teaser trailer WILL be released on AOL Tuesday! [Oh, hurray.]

Want to catch it on the big screen too? [No.] MuggleNet first told you about The Mummy rumors back in early July, and this is most likely the film it will be attached to.

MuggleCast will be bringing you a live episode on Ustream some time after the trailer is released. We'll let you know when we have details nailed down.

Mugglenet. ^ Apart from the red.

Angelus
26-07-08, 09:18
The teaser, apparently. :pi: :hea:

Mugglenet. ^ Apart from the red.

The simply amazing teaser trailer? Ooh, can't wait! :D

NOT!

touchthesky
26-07-08, 10:06
I am heartbroken that they are punishing my favourite book like this.

Dixie
26-07-08, 15:56
I don't get it... what's wrong with the teaser? It's not like you've seen it already.

FYI- The 15 sec IMAX advertisement wasn't the teaser trailer.

L.C
26-07-08, 16:37
^^Same here. I think it's doing exactly what it's meant to - tease people! Look how much it's being debated already :D

I like that it's so obscure and short.

Gives me more to look forward to.

Dixie
26-07-08, 16:52
That's what I thought. Even though it wasn't the official teaser (which, considering we have less than 4 months till the film, will probably be more like a theatrical) it was a great tease. If it had been released as the official teaser, and it was released like, back in March, people would be LOVING it. And I think the IMAX ad definitely teased those who follow the movies, but not the books. When I watch a Potter trailer, I always try to look at it from three perspectives: 1. My own (having read the books). 2. Someone who is a fan of the movies but doesn't read the books or know what happens. and 3. Someone who isn't a fan but is impartial to the series.

When you do that with the trailers from say, PS/SS and CoS, you find that they are very fan-centred trailers (not giving away any plot, just showing fans what they want). PoA was the same way I guess. GoF and OotP (trailers) were geared more towards book AND movie fans. I have a feeling HBP will be aimed at an impartial audience. It will most likely show the angsty teen romance side of the movie.

Rivendell
26-07-08, 17:18
FYI- The 15 sec IMAX advertisement wasn't the teaser trailer.

Thank you, I thought it was. :tmb: Good news then.

Rivendell
29-07-08, 11:54
The proper teaser trailer should be online at 9pm EST, roughly 2am UK time as far as I can work out.

:D

Muhammad
29-07-08, 12:24
^Double Postin mods, its awwwwright!

Seeing as how I actually read that Order of the Phoenix Book ages ago, I must say that movie sucked big time, Harry seemed like some sort of tough and determined hero in the book, and a total pussy in that movie.

Angelus
29-07-08, 12:48
The proper teaser trailer should be online at 9pm EST, roughly 2am UK time as far as I can work out.

Woo! I'll probably be up at 2am, so I'll be on the lookout for it! http://www.bigoo.ws/code/preview/220974.htm

touchthesky
29-07-08, 13:03
EKKkx18Ei34

Harry and Draco look really weird.

oh and

4oDw333GdSM

Young voldie and dumbleydora.

AmericanAssassin
29-07-08, 13:07
The proper teaser trailer should be online at 9pm EST, roughly 2am UK time as far as I can work out. :D

Oh. My. God. I'll be at work when the trailer premieres. :mad:

Ada the Mental
29-07-08, 13:23
Oh, no! That means that here it'll be online at around 5 am! :-/
Whatever, I'll have to wait till tomorrow. I stayed up nearly all night the last couple of days, so I just wanna sleep tonight...

L.C
29-07-08, 13:26
Young voldie and dumbleydora.That boy looks EXACTLY like I'd imagined young Tom would have :eek:

:DYou've worked it out correctly :tmb:

Will we all meet here just after 9pm EST, 2am BST then?

touchthesky
29-07-08, 13:32
I wish I could be awake for the premiere of the teaser but unfortunately I cant seem to keep my eyes open after 11pm lately.

Hopefully it is decent though :D.

Angelus
29-07-08, 13:35
I wish I could be awake for the premiere of the teaser but unfortunately I cant seem to keep my eyes open after 11pm lately.

Hopefully it is decent though :D.

Anything will be better than the atrocious teaser. :p

Rivendell
29-07-08, 13:54
Will we all meet here just after 9pm EST, 2am BST then?

See you there :D .. Or here.

Nannonxyay
29-07-08, 13:56
That boy looks like the little boy from Sweeney Todd. :yik:

peeves
29-07-08, 19:06
Lucky me I live in America I don't have to stay up that late :D to watch the trailer

findme
29-07-08, 19:10
dumbleydora.

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

*swings handbag*

Dixie
29-07-08, 20:34
I can't wait. I think the reason I'm so optimistic about the trailer is that I've never been disappointed by a Potter trailer (a REAL one, I mean).

I'll be on here right after it airs. (@ 8PM here) :ton:

I specifically slept in today so that I could stay up all night watching it, again and again and again and... yeah.

Does anyone know if there is a possibility that I will be able to download it (or view it somewhere) in QuickTime format? I find that's the best way to watch trailers, considering you can do frame-by-frame.

dais-vs-lara
29-07-08, 20:44
i don't know what it is but almost everyone who is fan of TR likes Harry Potter :vlol::pi:
( like me :p ) LOL:D

Dixie
29-07-08, 22:21
i don't know what it is but almost everyone who is fan of TR likes Harry Potter :vlol::pi:
( like me :p ) LOL:D

They are kinda similar when you think about it.

Dixie
29-07-08, 23:06
Less than two hours now... :jmp::jmp:

Geck-o-Lizard
29-07-08, 23:14
They are kinda similar when you think about it.

Yeahhhhh... because Lara has a magic wand and goes to Hogwarts. And Harry has a bigger pair of knockers than Big Ben.

Dixie
29-07-08, 23:27
Yeahhhhh... because Lara has a magic wand and goes to Hogwarts. And Harry has a bigger pair of knockers than Big Ben.

No need to be so hostile. I meant more thematically.

Geck-o-Lizard
29-07-08, 23:28
I'm not being hostile. I'm just jovially disagreeing. :p

Nausinous
29-07-08, 23:32
I'm not being hostile. I'm just jovially disagreeing. :p

:vlol: I'm so using that at work when my supervisor tells me that I'm being hostile to customers!

Rivendell
29-07-08, 23:40
TEASER TRAILER! (http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-gb&vid=bc682eef-e76b-467a-9684-2ffebc997b91&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:559dc068-6410-4b44-b816-14f629c281dd,986e16ee-2961-4c52-a01c-90794bcf7ec3,3e1ccfe0-654d-4c6f-9b72-3835db18eb77&from=ENGB_msnvideo&tab=s1204298895071&from=today_u21&wa=wsignin1.0&vv=600)

Online early. :jmp:

*Goes to watch*

Ada the Mental
29-07-08, 23:40
:vlol: I'm so using that at work when my supervisor tells me that I'm being hostile to customers!

Decided to camp out here after all...Who needs sleep, anyway? Complete waste of time! :p

EDIT:YES!!!!!!
EDIT No2 : OMG! It looks FANTASTIC!:cln: :cln: :cln:

Rivendell
29-07-08, 23:43
Oooh I like it! :tmb: Got chills watching it! :D

Especially the shot of Dumble setting the cupboard on fire, Tom talking about his 'abilities', and Dumble surrounded by fire!

Nausinous
29-07-08, 23:43
TEASER TRAILER! (http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-gb&vid=bc682eef-e76b-467a-9684-2ffebc997b91&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:559dc068-6410-4b44-b816-14f629c281dd,986e16ee-2961-4c52-a01c-90794bcf7ec3,3e1ccfe0-654d-4c6f-9b72-3835db18eb77&from=ENGB_msnvideo&tab=s1204298895071&from=today_u21&wa=wsignin1.0&vv=600)

*Goes to watch*

Holy mother of the man who created the internet!

That was awesome, not goose pimples awesome but grin on ya' face kind of awesome!

Rivendell
29-07-08, 23:48
What's going on with Ron? I can't remember that bit!

Ada the Mental
29-07-08, 23:52
What's going on with Ron? I can't remember that bit!

It must be the poisoned wine/mead/whatever it was that Slughorn gave him, which was actually one of Draco's lame attempts to kill Dumbledore.

Did ya catch that glimpse of Greyback? :jmp: He looks very much the way I picture him.

Rivendell
29-07-08, 23:53
No!! Is that the bit in the cornfield? :D

peeves
29-07-08, 23:54
OMG this trailer rocks!:D I like the part where dumbledore is in the cave with the fire! This trailer is B-E-A-Utiful.

Ada the Mental
29-07-08, 23:56
No!! Is that the bit in the cornfield? :D

Yup.Around 0.53! Just a tiny glimpse.

Tonyrobinson
30-07-08, 00:04
Most Original HP trailer created. Didn't even show you Harry much but it was Freakin' awesome!!!

Nitro Typhoon
30-07-08, 00:13
Has anyone got it on YouTube? I can't play.

Lara's home
30-07-08, 00:16
It was okay. Not really amazing, but I'm looking forward for the movie.

Dixie
30-07-08, 00:17
That was... so different.

I must say, I was NOT expecting them to market it as a 'dark' film. I thought they would go for a more comedic feel.

lararoxs
30-07-08, 00:22
WOW!:yik: Amazing!

Dixie
30-07-08, 00:27
I need a quicktime version so that I can look at all of the scenes that just sorta flash by. I think the whole thing in the 'cornfield' is around the Burrow. Cause I think you can see Lupin running through it, and Greyback. And I think the scene with Ginny is in the cornfield as well.

findme
30-07-08, 00:30
i really need to read HBP again, I barely remember any of it tbh.

Dixie
30-07-08, 00:33
Did anyone notice McGonagall in the corridor scene? She's at the very bottom of the screen and it looks like she's addressing someone.

"You're the Doctor, aren't you." teehee

EDIT: NOW ON AOL IN QUICKTIME HQ VERSIONS!!!!!!!

I totally just ****ed myself. It's BEAUTIFUL!

Mr.Burns
30-07-08, 00:58
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/excited002.gif Me likey! :D Much darker than I had imagined. :)

tombraiderluka
30-07-08, 01:01
I like it :D

L.C
30-07-08, 01:12
TEASER TRAILER! (http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-gb&vid=bc682eef-e76b-467a-9684-2ffebc997b91&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:559dc068-6410-4b44-b816-14f629c281dd,986e16ee-2961-4c52-a01c-90794bcf7ec3,3e1ccfe0-654d-4c6f-9b72-3835db18eb77&from=ENGB_msnvideo&tab=s1204298895071&from=today_u21&wa=wsignin1.0&vv=600)Looking very promising :jmp:

(thanks, Rivendell :tmb:)

AmericanAssassin
30-07-08, 01:18
That trailer was amazing! :eek: Too bad Bellatrix wasn't in it... :whi:

Dixie
30-07-08, 01:22
DUUDE look at the island. Looks like it's made of giant crystals.

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q458/davidadamstrfan/Picture1.png

Aphrodite22
30-07-08, 01:38
when is it released?!?! :jmp::jmp:

touchthesky
30-07-08, 09:59
It was okay. Not really amazing, but I'm looking forward for the movie.

I feel the same.

The trailer didn't blow me away but I look forward to November.

I hope the beginning feels more like a HP movie than the last one.

Angelus
30-07-08, 10:03
I just know that I won't care about Dumbledore dying in this film because Michael Gambon just isn't convincing as the character... :(

touchthesky
30-07-08, 10:04
The thing with the Dumbledores, is that Richard Harris was amazing for the ones he did, when Dumbledore was a soft, kind, gentle man who didn't fight.
But, and no disrespect to him here, I really cannot imagine one so frail going against Voldemort. It's such a shame he was ill and even more so that he's passed away but I think Gambon is capable of the fight scenes a wee bit better..

Emotional, loving Gambon is dodgy though xD.

Shame we couldn't get the two of them put together, we'd have a perfect dumbley.

Angelus
30-07-08, 10:10
Dumbledore never loses his temper, though. When he started screaming at Harry in GoF I almost took out the DVD and threw it against the wall... ugh. Dumbledore is a calm and very gentle man, but he will fight when needed. Gambon's Dumbledore is in a constant strop.

And his beard isn't long enough...

Dakaruch
30-07-08, 11:54
The trailer looks great! :tmb:
It have a darker mood, and i'm really looking forward to this movie, as my favourite book of the series is The Half Blood Prince... It has such a great story, i just hope that they don't cut it too much how it happened with Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix... :D
They are going to make two movies out of the 6th book right?

TRfan23
30-07-08, 11:55
Half Blood Prince comes out 21st Novemeber. Same day as TRU for Europe!

when is it released?!?! :jmp::jmp:

Rivendell
30-07-08, 11:57
"You're the Doctor, aren't you." teehee

That made me laugh too, I keep expecting them to cut away to David Tennant. :D

touchthesky
30-07-08, 12:13
The trailer looks great! :tmb:
It have a darker mood, and i'm really looking forward to this movie, as my favourite book of the series is The Half Blood Prince... It has such a great story, i just hope that they don't cut it too much how it happened with Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix... :D
They are going to make two movies out of the 6th book right?

Two movies out of the seventh book :)

Angelus
30-07-08, 12:21

:yah:

Joe_16
30-07-08, 12:58
The thing with the Dumbledores, is that Richard Harris was amazing for the ones he did, when Dumbledore was a soft, kind, gentle man who didn't fight.
But, and no disrespect to him here, I really cannot imagine one so frail going against Voldemort. It's such a shame he was ill and even more so that he's passed away but I think Gambon is capable of the fight scenes a wee bit better..

Emotional, loving Gambon is dodgy though xD.

Shame we couldn't get the two of them put together, we'd have a perfect dumbley.

Your right here.

The original Dumbledore was a bit too nice/serious for my taste.

Now he's all the things he came across to me in the books. Serious at times, calm, sarcastic, funny, and has great self belief.

Shark_Blade
30-07-08, 15:39
Dumbledore never loses his temper, though. When he started screaming at Harry in GoF I almost took out the DVD and threw it against the wall... ugh. Dumbledore is a calm and very gentle man, but he will fight when needed. Gambon's Dumbledore is in a constant strop.

Yup and I hate that he strangles Harry, push him to the cabinet until a trophy fell with a clang to the floor. Seriously this is not the gentle hearted Headmaster we all love from the books. I don't understand how Michael Gambon got away with it and how the directors allow such acting into the films. They don't read the books as well? :cen:

Dakaruch
30-07-08, 16:43

Only one out of the sixth book? They will cut too much once more... :(

L.C
30-07-08, 16:53
^ I would have loved for all the later books made into their intended lengths, but things like timelines, budgets, maturing actors/actresses, public demand for quicker releases etc etc means that there has to be cuts made :(

I'm just glad they've been given the go-ahead to treat us with making a double of the last one :)

peeves
30-07-08, 17:53
Only one out of the sixth book? They will cut too much once more... :(

Yeah but at least the movie will be long in HBP they won't cut that much out since the book ain't as long as DH,OOTP nor GOF.

rickybazire
30-07-08, 18:34
...for goodness sake, another film??!??!

Muhammad
30-07-08, 18:36

*Goes to watch*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwNpg_xj6ck

Haha nice one, I can't wait to criticize the movie and compare it to the book after I watch it lol!

peeves
30-07-08, 18:45
I'm surprised Ralph Fiennes is in this film as Voldemort but only in the flashbacks.:D

Rivendell
30-07-08, 19:01
...for goodness sake, another film??!??!

Get used to it, there's another 3 yet. :wve:

Dixie
30-07-08, 19:31
According to what I just read in a MuggleNet set report, the "Burrow Attack" scene takes place at the beginning of the film, not during Christmas, as many have said. That makes sense considering there was no snow or anything in the scenes in the trailer.

I also heard, from an insider, that they have changed the ending so that it fits better with the DH split.

The popular theory on this is that they have cut the funeral scene, and it will be the opening scene in DH pt. 1.

amiro1989
30-07-08, 19:32
Get used to it, there's another 3 yet. :wve:

TombRaiderLover
30-07-08, 19:38
Pretty rubbish trailer, to be honest. It concentrated on only a couple of scenes, and wasn't very exciting. Was it supposed to be just a teaser?

Dixie
30-07-08, 19:56
Pretty rubbish trailer, to be honest. It concentrated on only a couple of scenes, and wasn't very exciting. Was it supposed to be just a teaser?

Yes, it is the teaser. I know a lot of people are complaining because they wanted to see more, but it IS just a teaser. And a beautiful one at that.

Kerrigan
30-07-08, 20:26
I like the teaser, but it shocked me it was from HBP.I was wondering when had they got that far.Then I realized I hadn't seen OotP, because I just couldn't sit through it.It seemed slow and boring, does it pick up after a while or is it all the same?
Anyway, judging from the teaser, I'll probably watch the 6th film.

Bonez
30-07-08, 20:45
I think its fantastic. Its looking up to be an amazing film. Looks like they are getting darker!

Luce
30-07-08, 20:49
Shame on me, I hadn't seen the teaser yet. It's fantastic *_* Can't wait to see the movie, I really loved HBP.

The1andOnlyTR
30-07-08, 21:37

**SPOILER**
:( Did you read the last book??? That changed my whole perspective of Dumbledore. Calm and Gentle my ass... :(

I like the teaser, but it shocked me it was from HBP.I was wondering when had they got that far.Then I realized I hadn't seen OotP, because I just couldn't sit through it.It seemed slow and boring, does it pick up after a while or is it all the same?
Anyway, judging from the teaser, I'll probably watch the 6th film.

They are going to cut enough out of the 6th film that you will have to watch the 5th to understand most of it. Unless you read the books. :)

LegenDarY
30-07-08, 21:38
I just know that I won't care about Dumbledore dying in this film because Michael Gambon just isn't convincing as the character... :(

I sadly have to agree. The worst thing about the movies (after the fact that they're way too short) is that the original Dumbledore from HP1 died. He was the real deal, he was Dumbledore in real person. The new one sucks gigantic balls.. he doesn't EVER remind me of the Dumbledore that I remember/know from the books.

But that trailer really made me want to read book 6 even more now. I'm currently readin DH again and luckily I've forgotten loads of stuff, so the book is very entertaining, but I really want to read book again to refresh my memore.. and now even more because of the movie.

Dixie
30-07-08, 22:06
I sadly have to agree. The worst thing about the movies (after the fact that they're way too short) is that the original Dumbledore from HP1 died. He was the real deal, he was Dumbledore in real person. The new one sucks gigantic balls.. he doesn't EVER remind me of the Dumbledore that I remember/know from the books.

But that trailer really made me want to read book 6 even more now. I'm currently readin DH again and luckily I've forgotten loads of stuff, so the book is very entertaining, but I really want to read book again to refresh my memore.. and now even more because of the movie.

I think it's his voice. He always sounds bored to me.

And I really don't think they cut much from HBP. Really, with the exception of all but two memories, and potentially house elfs and the opening chapter, everything should be there.

I don't know why everyone says that the films should be longer than they already are... I actually think the first two are WAY too long. OotP was the perfect length in my opinion. It wasn't so full of itself like the first... four. You have to realize that (very much like Crystal's TR) they have to make it enjoyable for fans as well as people who just decided to go see it some Saturday afternoon.

Kerrigan
30-07-08, 22:16
They are going to cut enough out of the 6th film that you will have to watch the 5th to understand most of it. Unless you read the books. :)

Of course I read the books.That's why I'm so annoyed they cut out so many scenes and insist on all sorts of irrelevant ones.They always talk about making the movies more "dark" (posers!:rolleyes:) and all they do is turn them into some incoherent, clumsy pieces of crap.What can I say, I'm disappointed.And I don't like Michael Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore at all.It can't get more out of character than this.:(

peeves
30-07-08, 22:40
Of course I read the books.That's why I'm so annoyed they cut out so many scenes and insist on all sorts of irrelevant ones.They always talk about making the movies more "dark" (posers!:rolleyes:) and all they do is turn them into some incoherent, clumsy pieces of crap.What can I say, I'm disappointed.And I don't like Michael Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore at all.It can't get more out of character than this.:(

Wel Richard Harris was okay or shall i call him d*** harris buthe wasn't that great as michael gambon. Michael gambon is much better than richard harris dumbledore. Well they were both great dumbledore actors so it doesn't really matter.

findme
30-07-08, 23:26

I wouldnt have said it better than this. good un. :)

Anyone who thinks Michael Gambon IS Doubledore should be shot really. I never saw him as dumbledore, and besides whoever changed his costumes should be shot aswell, whatever happened to his star robes and the nice hat as they were described in the books?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Guod6Aisal0/RhFIMYRlZkI/AAAAAAAABMc/tN3HlBHQPNo/dumbledor+&+lehrer.jpg

Michael Gambon's "Dumbledore" looks like a dirty old tramp and he was never like that in any of the books.

The1andOnlyTR
31-07-08, 02:12
I really don't care who plays Dumbledore.. Ill probably cry when Snape blasts him off the tower...
:(
Anyone else with me??
Or am I just a sap???

peeves
31-07-08, 02:42
Throughout every potter movie where harry cries in a sad part such as PoA where harry thought sirius betrayed his parents i didn't cry and in GoF when cedric died and harry was tortured by voldemort in the graveyard i didn't cry and OotP when sirius died i didn't cry and when dumbledore dies in HBP I won't cry. Though I almost cried when cedric died in GoF but still no crying.

Dixie
31-07-08, 02:54
I got really teary-eyed towards the end of GoF. Other than that, no crying. Though I cried PUDDLES when Dobby died.

xxitsxnadyaxx
31-07-08, 03:13
i almost cried when hedwig died!!! O_O

Dixie
31-07-08, 04:45
All this redundancy is starting to get repetitive...

Ada the Mental
31-07-08, 12:54
O-M-G! "Beedle the Bard" is going to be widely published in December! :yik:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2008/7/31/leaky-load-problems :jmp:

The new edition will include the Tales themselves, translated from the original runes by Hermione Granger, and with illustrations by me, but also notes by Professor Albus Dumbledore, which appear by generous permission of the Hogwarts Headmasters’ Archive.”

Now excuse me! I have to go and act all excited and fangirly!:jmp: :yah:

L.C
31-07-08, 13:01
O-M-G! "Beedle the Bard" is going to be widely published in December! :yik:That is brilliant news, Ada! :yah:

Desperately desiring that collector's edition from Amazon!!!

Dixie
31-07-08, 16:12
EEEK! I'm so excited!!! The Collector's Edition is beautiful, looks just like the original. Standard edition looks kinda plain. Hopefully I'll be able to get the CE from Amazon. $100 though?

Angelus
31-07-08, 16:19
EEEK! I'm so excited!!! The Collector's Edition is beautiful, looks just like the original. Standard edition looks kinda plain. Hopefully I'll be able to get the CE from Amazon. $100 though?

Yeah... £50 for the CE or £3.99 for the normal edition... hm.

Dixie
31-07-08, 16:25
Yeah, if I somehow have the money and the means, I'll get the CE. However, it's being released right after the craziness that will be November. Meaning: Underworld ($60), PS3 (for me) to play TRU on ($400), HBP game ($60), HBP IMAX movie tickets and merchandise ($100).

By the way, I've noticed that TRU and HBP (game+movie) are coming out like in the same week. Is anyone else REALLY excited about November now? :jmp::jmp::jmp:

Rivendell
31-07-08, 16:42
:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

WOOHOO!

I'm totally getting the CE version, that's beautiful - my uni grant can pay for that. :cln:

Edit: Haha, I can't believe I bought it, I literally couldn't resist!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dZM2yRFPL._SS400_.jpg

Dixie
31-07-08, 16:49
:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

WOOHOO!

I'm totally getting the CE version, that's beautiful - my uni grant can pay for that. :cln:

Edit: Haha, I can't believe I bought it, I literally couldn't resist!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dZM2yRFPL._SS400_.jpg

Teehee. How do you think I'm paying for TRU, HBP Game, and a PS3? I mean, they're giving me $1,000 extra for 'living expenses' so I have to do something with it.

findme
31-07-08, 16:50
holy crap that book is ****ing gorgeous.

Rivendell
31-07-08, 16:53
I mean, they're giving me $1,000 extra for 'living expenses' so I have to do something with it.

I'm so excited now! Thanks for posting this Ada, I'm literally laughing with excitement! I was so jealous when I read about it all those months ago, how they'd never be released to the public..

Dixie
31-07-08, 16:56
The books are already #s 7 and 11 on Amazon.

peeves
31-07-08, 20:28
Do you hope that JK Rowling will write a book 8? Well someone put a video on youtube saying they wanna book 8.

Dixie
31-07-08, 20:33
Do you hope that JK Rowling will write a book 8? Well someone put a video on youtube saying they wanna book 8.

absolutely NOT! The series is complete. Let it be.

She has said that she might, in 10 years or so, write another book/ series about a Hogwarts student. I'd be fine with that. But no continuations or prequels to the original series.

findme
31-07-08, 21:21

You must have a mind of a 5 year old to think that.

peeves
31-07-08, 21:25
You must have a mind of a 5 year old to think that.

Well sometimes i think she should write it other times not even though I'm almost 18. :)

Angelus
31-07-08, 21:29
She won't write anymore HP books, and I hope she doesn't. They are a great series of books, but they ended while people were still enthralled by them and not when people were saying "Oh great, another one?".

Rivendell
31-07-08, 21:30
I don't want a continuation/sequel/prequel, but I would like to read another book by her, set in the Potter-verse.

Give it a few years, after she's written her crime novels for her different target audience under her psuedonym (that will undoubtedly be discovered!).

Tell you what I'd like to see - a book set in the Potter-verse, but not directed at children. Place it in the horror genre. Set it in the same world, but show the complete opposite side of it. The nastier adult side that we never really got a taste of.

Ooh yes. :D

peeves
31-07-08, 21:30
She won't write anymore HP books, and I hope she doesn't. They are a great series of books, but they ended while people were still enthralled by them and not when people were saying "Oh great, another one?".

Well i don't mind if she does an eighth one.:)

findme
31-07-08, 21:35

I agree, if she does anymore she'll ruin the original series, she ended the series in a way that almost could not be continued anyways.

Angelus
31-07-08, 21:39
I agree, if she does anymore she'll ruin the original series, she ended the series in a way that almost could not be continued anyways.

I personally think that's JK Rowling she wanted it to end. :)

I don't want a continuation/sequel/prequel, but I would like to read another book by her, set in the Potter-verse.

Give it a few years, after she's written her crime novels for her different target audience under her psuedonym (that will undoubtedly be discovered!).

Tell you what I'd like to see - a book set in the Potter-verse, but not directed at children. Place it in the horror genre. Set it in the same world, but show the complete opposite side of it. The nastier adult side that we never really got a taste of.

That would be great. Maybe have a secret servant of Voldemort who's job it is to kill wizards and witches who oppose Voldemort. Crap idea, but something along those lines would be fun...

And I'm still waiting for JK to write The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore. :D

Rivendell
31-07-08, 21:46
I want Hogwarts: (long pause) A History, too. :tmb:

Dakaruch
31-07-08, 21:53
Sincerely i would like to see something along the lines of what Riv posted. Something like a parallel story, that instead of focusing Harry all the time could instead show what really was going on with Voldemort's and his Death Eaters.
And yet i would also like to see what really was to be an auror (spelling?) on it's entirety, not only a brief description of them.

Oh and that "The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore" seems indeed a great idea. I surely would like to see that one! :tmb:

findme
31-07-08, 21:54
Would be great if she wrote one of the Potions books aswell haha.

Dixie
31-07-08, 22:18
OK the standard edition is now at #1 on Amazon. Does anyone think this will turn into like a mini-potter book release type thing?

Rivendell
31-07-08, 23:09
I certainly hope so :tmb:

VonCroy360
31-07-08, 23:14
You think they'll organize the midnight store openings around the world again? I'd hate waiting for a translation.

Mytly
01-08-08, 20:30
An eighth book? After the travesty that was Deathly Hallows? Certainly not. :rolleyes: Besides, many fan fiction authors are doing a fantastic job of writing sequels - I'd rather read them. Considering that they are free, at least I can be sure I am getting more than my money's worth. :D

That's a really good idea. :tmb: JKR, are you reading this? ;)

Oh yes, yes, yes. :jmp:

TombRaiderLover
01-08-08, 21:14

I could never understand what Hermione said in the first film. She said "A History" really fast, like it was one word. :p

Kerrigan
01-08-08, 21:39
An eighth book? After the travesty that was Deathly Hallows? Certainly not. :rolleyes: Besides, many fan fiction authors are doing a fantastic job of writing sequels - I'd rather read them. Considering that they are free, at least I can be sure I am getting more than my money's worth. :D

That's a really good idea. :tmb: JKR, are you reading this? ;)

Oh yes, yes, yes. :jmp:
What are ypur thoughts on the seventh book? I have mixed feelings about it myself, but I'm curious to know another opinion.
I'd also love a "Hogwarst : A History" though...I'm not too excited about her other future books.

Rivendell
01-08-08, 22:18
After the travesty that was Deathly Hallows?

:smk: :p
You just have to be open to the magic of Deus Ex Machina! ;)

But yeah, I'd love a more adult-themed book set in the same world. Grizzly murders, strange wizard drugs, sex and Butterbeer.
For the fans who grew older with the HP books.

MrBear
01-08-08, 23:09
Ha! For this semester our literature course revolves around contemporary stuff (1950s and upwards), and one of the books to read will be Philosopher's Stone :D I've already read it, but you won't find a better excuse for reading it again :pi: but what I mainly think about that, besides ":cln:", is what an academic can find in that book and talk about for 1½ hours? I mean, it's pretty straight-forward and rather easy entertainment for the masses... Or so I thought :whi:

Candee Sparks
01-08-08, 23:12
And I'm still waiting for JK to write The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore. :D

I hear that. :ohn:

oocladableeblah
01-08-08, 23:16
What is this new book she is coming out with? I just saw it on amazon and it said coming out december 2008.

Candee Sparks
01-08-08, 23:17
The Tales of the Beetle and The Bard. It's the story within a story of the 3 brothers who control the Deathly Hallows. I can't wait, its going to be amazing to learn the entire backstory.

Feather Duster
01-08-08, 23:17
Well, I'm not a fan, but I read the third book in 5 days. I love the third book.

Candee Sparks
01-08-08, 23:26
Well, I'm not a fan, but I read the third book in 5 days. I love the third book.

Eh, my least favorite including the film version. It just doesn't have too much excitement for me and I HATE the fact you can sense its building up to Goblet of Fire.

L.C
01-08-08, 23:41
That's good enough for me

Welcome aboard :wve:

LegenDarY
01-08-08, 23:46
I ordered the complete adult hardback boxset today :D.

http://www.kriso.ee/covers/large/978074/9780747594567.jpg

I have a question about ToBtB.. I read somewhere that this was an already existing book, meaning that she had written it during her HP fase? Or did this book already exist and she now re-wrote it or something and is selling her own version?

Dixie
02-08-08, 02:15
She made seven hand-written copies that were auctioned off for charity, if that's what you mean.

LegenDarY
02-08-08, 11:13
She made seven hand-written copies that were auctioned off for charity, if that's what you mean.

No, not really. She made 7 copies, of which 1 got auctioned for nearly 2 millions pounds or dollars. The other 6 she gave away to people who were key figures in making Harry Potter.

My question was, did she write the tales of ToBtB or was it an existing book already and she made her own version of it? Cause I read somewhere on the internet that ToBtB already existed.

touchthesky
02-08-08, 11:15
So you mean did someone else before her write TOBTB and she just re-wrote it to suit her story? Or something else lol?

LegenDarY
02-08-08, 12:31
So you mean did someone else before her write TOBTB and she just re-wrote it to suit her story? Or something else lol?

Yes, that's what I read. I can't imagine it being actually true, but it also said that when DH was released it was even on mugglenet that ToBtB was an already existing book.

So then I wondered what they meant by that. Either it means that it's an already existing book, or it's a real book written by Rowling herself.

Dixie
02-08-08, 22:42
No, she created it.

Mytly
03-08-08, 22:40
What are ypur thoughts on the seventh book? I have mixed feelings about it myself, but I'm curious to know another opinion.

I was horrified with it - it was so badly written, it felt like JKR was trying to pass off some third-grade fan-fiction as her own work. :hea: Bad pacing (let's all go camping for six months, shall we? :rolleyes:), WAY too much reliance on lucky chances (Harry escapes from Voldemort's clutches because his wand works on its own - wtf?), poor character development (Snape was just in love, that's why he was such a horrible person - yeah right), badly thought out plot (we're looking for the Horcuxes - no, make that the Deathly Hallows - no, wrong again, it's the Horcuxes - no, the Hallows are more important ...), loose threads left hanging (how did the Magical world rebuild itself after the final battle, what finally became of the Dursleys, etc.), gratuitous deaths (Lupin & Tonks), and of course, the icining on the cake, a nauseating Epilogue (Albus Severus Potter - nuff said :pi:).

I took a nearly-year long break from HP because I was so disappointed with DH. Then, about a couple of weeks ago, I started rereading the series from the beginning. They are like a breath of fresh air - they have their flaws, of course, but on the whole, they are just so damn good. DH was an insult to the series - and to the readers who love the series. :mad:

:smk: :p
You just have to be open to the magic of Deus Ex Machina! ;)

And the magic of Amazing Coincidences, Dozens of Near Escapes from Death, and of course, the Never-Ending Camping Trip. :ton:

Ada the Mental
03-08-08, 22:56
You know how it feels when you're stuck at home, alone, doing something very tedious you don't really want to be doing, while your friends are all out together partying or something and you know that they are having fun when you're not?

That's what DH felt like. There's a full-blown war going on and we're stuck with the trio camping around the countryside, randomly wandering around without a plan and arguing about food. :hea:

Just don't get me started on the deaths. Especially Lupin's.

Now that it's been over a year and the initial excitement is gone I like the last book even less than I did...

Wow.It seems I've gone Italics-happy!:D

Dixie
04-08-08, 00:03
Italics are your friends!

Anyway, Leaky has posted a few new HBP images from a calender and some sort of cards. Nothing special really.

Has anyone noticed the lack of Hermione in HBP media? Me likey! :ton:

Seriously, for some reason I just can't stand Emma anymore. I used to think she was pretty hot, but now she just seems, I don't know...

Quasimodo
04-08-08, 00:05
Italics are your friends!

Anyway, Leaky has posted a few new HBP images from a calender and some sort of cards. Nothing special really.

Has anyone noticed the lack of Hermione in HBP media? Me likey! :ton:

Seriously, for some reason I just can't stand Emma anymore. I used to think she was pretty hot, but now she just seems, I don't know...

What's with all the Emma hate in HP communities? :p

Flame
04-08-08, 00:06
Whats TOBTB ? :confused: ?

McGloomy
04-08-08, 00:30
She just isn't Hermione anymore in my opinion. In the first two movies she was really close to how I had imagined her, but by the time of the last movie she was just a boring teenage girl with creepily moving eyebrows. :o

Angel666
04-08-08, 01:08
I never thought her acting was good, but in the first two they were all green and I was like: "They're young. They'll get better once they get older." And I was wrong. Daniel and Rupert have improved, though I think Rupert is the only one that's better than average. Watching Emma Watson is like torture for me.

McGloomy
04-08-08, 08:24
Whats TOBTB ? :confused: ?
The Tales of Beedle the Bard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beedle_the_Bard). ;)

Survival
05-08-08, 08:59
n

Dixie
05-08-08, 20:21
*Ugh* This lack of HP Goodness is making me sick... :(

EDIT: Movie Goodness, specifically.

AmericanAssassin
05-08-08, 23:42
But yeah, I'd love a more adult-themed book set in the same world. Grizzly murders, strange wizard drugs, sex and Butterbeer. For the fans who grew older with the HP books. :D

That would be amazing. I can't imagine J.K. Rowling not writing more stories for that world. It's so good. :D

I can't wait to get TOBTB. I'm getting the collector's edition as well. It's beautiful. :yah:

Dixie
06-08-08, 06:55
New video game screenies are up. (http://www.valhalla.pl/galeria2738-Harry-Potter-and-the-Half-Blood-Prince.html)

Very cool I must say!

Looks like they've expanded Hogwarts. And there appears to be a night/evening feature.

And- they've fixed the camera (from what I can see) so that you can actually SEE Hogwarts when you're outside.

peeves
07-08-08, 16:08
Here I'll post the videos where harry cries
xBAatDtIpmY
2Rg18Sxlmh0
2_FQ3qpPJJ4
jpCPvHJ6p90 even though it's early for HBP

findme
07-08-08, 16:34
i never thought her acting was good, but in the first two they were all green and i was like: "they're young. They'll get better once they get older." and i was wrong. Daniel and rupert have improved, though i think rupert is the only one that's better than average. Watching emma watson is like torture for me.

a ****ing greed.

touchthesky
07-08-08, 21:05
a ****ing greed.

Seconded.

I don't mind the girl herself but her acting is appauling.

Nannonxyay
07-08-08, 21:28
Emma Watson can't act what-so-ever.

Angelus
07-08-08, 21:30
She's not a bad actress, but she tends to overact and over emphasise things.

Lara's home
07-08-08, 21:30
Emma Watson can't act what-so-ever.

I think her acting is fine. It's Daniel who is terrible, imo.
Rupert is the best one though.

Nannonxyay
07-08-08, 21:31
She's not a bad actress, but she tends to overact and over emphasise things.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The way she talks is quite over-the-top. Daniel is an alright actor. He's not terrible, but he's not brilliant. Rupert is by far the best actor, though.

Angelus
07-08-08, 21:35
Yeah, I know what you mean. The way she talks is quite over-the-top. Daniel is an alright actor. He's not terrible, but he's not brilliant. Rupert is by far the best actor, though.

She over emphasises on certain words, and ends up looking like a giddy child. And I think that Daniel is a rubbish actor, to be honest.

knutroald
07-08-08, 21:37
I like Rupert though :) He's like made to play Ron.

LegenDarY
07-08-08, 22:00
I like Rupert though :) He's like made to play Ron.

Just like Evanna Lynch is made to played Luna Lovegood :D. I have to agree with people here about Emma, she really irritates me on screen, even though Hermione didn't irritate me in the book (for the most part).

Dixie
07-08-08, 22:05
Has anyone noticed that on the HBP game box artwork (seen here (http://www.valhalla.pl/gra3807-Harry-Potter-and-the-Half-Blood-Prince.html)), Harry appears to be standing outside of the CAVE? Just thought that was interesting.

McGloomy
07-08-08, 22:12
Just like Evanna Lynch is made to played Luna Lovegood :D.
Whoever casted her was a genius. Imelda Staunton and her added a lot to OotP and it wouldn't be the same without her.

She's not a bad actress, but she tends to overact and over emphasise things...
...with her eyebrows. :pi: