PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Bonez
27-10-08, 21:14
That trailer is fantastic :jmp: Damn WB for pushing back the film!!!

I really despise the Humour they try to do aswell. Its good to have light moments with Ron and or Hagrid or someone... but with Harry and Hermione its just cheesy.

"Erm.. sorry... kidding."

Ugh -_- Well lowers the effect of the trailer IMO. They should have put something dark and sinister at the end. Thats why I love the smaller trailer so so much. "Did you know sir? Then?"

"Did I know I had just met the darkest Wizard of all time?"

*thud*

"No."

Just keeps the atmosphere... But otherwise the new trailer is awesome. :D

Dixie
28-10-08, 00:00
I was surprised to see the thread bumped...

I mean, pottermania kinda just died a few months ago. :whi:WB:whi:

I'm hoping we get a new HBP teaser in Nov/ Dec.

Like ohmehgosh I'm like so smart! :ton:

Dixie
12-11-08, 04:55
An update on DH casting:

Emma Thompson (Trelawney)- CUT
From Leaky: "Instead she will be making a second Nanny McPhee film, noting "I’m making my own ‘Nanny McPhee’ next year. They mean much more to me.”

Miriam Margolyes (Prof. Sprout)- IN

I'm glad Prof. Sprout is making a return after only being in CoS. I was sad at first to hear that Emma Thompson wouldn't be returning, until I read that she wasn't really into it.

Rivendell
14-11-08, 17:42
New Trailer! Today RULES!!
http://www.mugglenet.com/

It seems to be the 'funny' trailer, if the last one was the 'dark' one. But it's also Fricking awesome. And I rarely say that word.

:D

We're always getting good HP stuff on the days when we get more TR goodness!

findme
14-11-08, 18:45
Emma's hair @ 0:27

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****.

Ada the Mental
14-11-08, 18:50
:jmp:
The trailers look so damn good!

Pity about Trelawney, though...

Emma's hair @ 0:27.
Exactly what Hermione's hair is supposed to be (well, expect for the the blond part...)! :D :p

findme
14-11-08, 18:53
Exactly what Hermione's hair is supposed to be (well, expect for the the blond part...)! :D :p

It's a bit too glammed up if you ask me. Hermione never cared about her hair in the books.

I hope this movie wont be a flop like the last, otherwise I'm just gonna give up on not watching the last movie, it'll just ruin the books for me.

Ada the Mental
14-11-08, 19:37
It's a bit too glammed up if you ask me. Hermione never cared about her hair in the books.

I meant the part at the beginning where it's all bushy and weird...Otherwise, yes, her hair is totally out of character...:p

Dixie
15-11-08, 23:12
Oh dear. I just found it. Haven't even watched it yet.

EDIT: The pace and overall theme of the trailer confuses me. It seems very dark with the voiceover, but with many funny, light-hearted scene thrown in. Very epic looking!

Anyone else see Diagon Alley? Feels like it's been ages since we've seen it on film.

Tonyrobinson
15-11-08, 23:47
Cool!!!!!

Troy
16-11-08, 03:35
I hope the Half-Blood Prince is epicly epic.

Dixie
16-11-08, 03:55
Oh shiz-nit! Inferi! :yik:

findme
16-11-08, 07:45
I meant the part at the beginning where it's all bushy and weird...Otherwise, yes, her hair is totally out of character...:p

that was the part i meant, it was still glammed up.

out of character. her hair was fine in movie 1 and 2.

Rivendell
17-11-08, 12:36
Two weeks on Thursday - Beedle the Bard! :jmp:
I can't believe it's so close!

:yah:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y7E623IuL._SS400_.jpg

peffect
17-11-08, 12:38
I'll have to wait 'till December's end for the French version. =Z

Dixie
17-11-08, 15:27
Two weeks on Thursday - Beedle the Bard! :jmp:
I can't believe it's so close!

:yah:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y7E623IuL._SS400_.jpg

I can't believe they still haven't sold out of those yet! They supposedly only made 100,000. I'd get one but I'm saving for an hdtv. So, just the SE for me. Maybe I'll find the CE on eBay someday.

Ada the Mental
17-11-08, 15:36
I need to check which bookstores will have the English version here, by the way. Wish I could get the collector's edition. :cln:

Some HBP pics! :jmp:
Narcissa looks so wrong! What's up with her hair!? (http://i35.************/2w2ooid.jpg)

Greyback...Ok. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight! (http://i38.************/2j3r4zm.jpg)

touchthesky
17-11-08, 15:55
Narcissa looks too old.

Greyback is so scary!

peffect
17-11-08, 16:21
Add to that the blood+sweat smell. Ewww!

Rivendell
21-11-08, 10:23
Hurray! HBP hits the cinemas today! :yah:

Oh no, wait - it got delayed. At least we've got TR:U...

touchthesky
21-11-08, 10:52

Would it have been today?

:confused:

john_york
21-11-08, 11:24

Oh no, wait - it got delayed.

:( Muy triste! :(

Ah well, TRU and MKvsDC should fill the Potter-gap!

(has your TRU arrived yet, Riv?)

Swaye
21-11-08, 12:49
Narcissa looks old indeed! Really looking forward to the movie.. can anyone tell me exactly when it's going to be released? :)

edit: nevermind, found out on mugglenet :P

LegenDarY
21-11-08, 17:25
Would it have been today?

:confused:

Yes, this day would have been one of the best days in history.. a legendary day.

Both the first next-gen Tomb Raider ever.. and HBP! Unfortunately things turned out differently.

Ada the Mental
21-11-08, 17:54

Yeah! Rub it in, will ya? :p

This is unfair! I should be about to watch the movie now...Instead I'm just bored.

Still haven't got TRU, btw....

Rivendell
30-11-08, 21:20
Anyone else getting really excited about the imminent release of ToBtB? :jmp:

nightwishgirl84
30-11-08, 22:49
can't wait for the movie & the game !!

omg, that woman looks totally wrongly cast for Narcissa !!
she looks too old, and not (gothic) glamorous & gorgeous but arrogant looking as I expected her to be :(

silver_wolf
30-11-08, 23:06
Yeah, she doesn't look right at all. I would've cast Naomi Watts, but she's not British :rolleyes:

Rivendell
30-11-08, 23:19
I would've cast Naomi Watts, but she's not British :rolleyes:

Loophole - she was born in England. :D

silver_wolf
30-11-08, 23:22
ha! take that!

Candee Sparks
01-12-08, 01:22
This movie is going to be a disaster. David Yutz (my nickname for him ;)), completely destroyed the 5th film and all I can say good about it was that it was entertaining, I honestly forgot I was even watching Harry Potter.

They cut out Dumbledore's funeral too in the new movie, so can't wait to see what else he's managed to destroy with this one. :(

silver_wolf
01-12-08, 01:35
they cut his funeral?? why? also, why is the burrow being attacked in this one? that doesn't happen until DH. Eh...I'll reserve judgment.

Candee Sparks
01-12-08, 01:38
they cut his funeral?? why? also, why is the burrow being attacked in this one? that doesn't happen until DH. Eh...I'll reserve judgment.

They've cut and added quite a bit. Like for example, Bellatrix is only supposed to have one appearance in the book and that's with Narcissa in the beginning. Turns out, they've thrown her into the fight at Hogwarts, and apparently it's not even going to be a fight and they've made her have something to do with Dumbledore's death, which is not supposed to happen.

silver_wolf
01-12-08, 01:43
*nerd-fit* :hea: :hea: :cen::mad::hea::hea:

Geck-o-Lizard
01-12-08, 01:55
they've made her have something to do with Dumbledore's death, which is not supposed to happen.

How on earth will they explain that in the 7th film? Will they just stick with Simple Evil Snape?

Candee Sparks
01-12-08, 02:04
How on earth will they explain that in the 7th film? Will they just stick with Simple Evil Snape?

I don't have any idea, all I know is that it's going to be a mess. Probably a good movie, yes but disasterrific as well.

Dingaling
01-12-08, 04:00
Say wha'? Surely J.K. would have perked up and said something? Surely by not following the book they'll cock-up the storyline completely?

Even I'm worried and I only enjoy the films! :D. They're one of my most watched films of all-time :D.

Lavinder
01-12-08, 17:34
O_O - what's so hard about sticking to the already made storyline, they're just making things harder for themselves.

tranniversary119
01-12-08, 17:38
*sigh* The downfall of book movies.

Lavinder
01-12-08, 17:40
I begin to wonder sometimes, these books sell so well, so why do film maker always have to meddle =/. I'm missing having a new Harry Potter book so much :( :p.

Rivendell
01-12-08, 17:46
They cut out Dumbledore's funeral too in the new movie, so can't wait to see what else he's managed to destroy with this one. :(

I believe I read a while ago that they're putting the Funeral Scene into the first Deathly Hallows film. So it's going to be there, but not in this one.

Which means the film will end on not such a depressing note, but a very dark one if they don't add much after the event.

peeves
02-12-08, 23:23
I believe I read a while ago that they're putting the Funeral Scene into the first Deathly Hallows film. So it's going to be there, but not in this one.

Which means the film will end on not such a depressing note, but a very dark one if they don't add much after the event.

I'm glad they're putting the funeral in the deathly hallows film rather than HBP but according to trailer #3 Harry will still cry in HBP the part when he cries "Fight back you coward" you can see his face all sad and crying right there. So he cries in PoA, GoF, OotP, and HBP but we don't know about DH yet.

Rivendell
02-12-08, 23:27
I hope he does in DH. As he's walking into the forest at the end. Nothing 'Boo-Hoo' style, just a solitary tear down his cheek. That'd go a long way.

peeves
03-12-08, 00:40
I hope he does in DH. As he's walking into the forest at the end. Nothing 'Boo-Hoo' style, just a solitary tear down his cheek. That'd go a long way.

Well there's always the chance he'll cry in DH at the funeral part. :)

Rivendell
03-12-08, 10:55
:yah: My Beedle's been dispatched! :jmp:

john_york
03-12-08, 11:34
:yah: My Beedle's been dispatched! :jmp:

Mine too!

Also, exciting news: they's making Lego HP! (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=202831)

Rivendell
03-12-08, 11:42
Cool! :D I wonder how they'll do it though? Will they go ahead and release one for each book/film? :confused:

It'd probably be better to do what they did with the star wars lego games - have one big hub area, and 7 doors leading off into the different 'years'.

john_york
03-12-08, 11:46
Cool! :D I wonder how they'll do it though? Will they go ahead and release one for each book/film? :confused:

It'd probably be better to do what they did with the star wars lego games - have one big hub area, and 7 doors leading off into the different 'years'.

Not sure how it'd work. I guess one game each book/film would mean they could be more in-depth, but it's feel a bit money-spinnerish, I guess.

Perhaps the hub-idea is best. They could do books 1-4 in one game and then 5-7 in a second.

Rivendell
04-12-08, 12:59
:yah: Beedle arrived for me today! :jmp:

It's beautiful, well worth the ú50 for the Collector's Edition.
Anyone else get it? The 'case' - book is MASSIVE! I thought it'd only be around A4, but it seems so big!

The book itself is so well presented, all leathery with metal and stone decorations, I can't wait to read it.

Lavinder
04-12-08, 14:41
Does anyone else think Harry looks like Keira Knightley in this picture :p?

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_207874_thumb300.jpg

john_york
04-12-08, 16:04
Does anyone else think Harry looks like Keira Knightley in this picture :p?

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_207874_thumb300.jpg

That'd be the gormless 'stare into middle distance' expression he's pulling :D

touchthesky
08-12-08, 16:43
Look what they had on display at Collectormania :D!

http://file047b.bebo.com/8/large/2008/12/07/23/2993003851a9585661611l.jpg

Here you go if you want to read it;

http://file047b.bebo.com/8/original/2008/12/07/23/2993003851a9585661757o.jpg

Also, I won these auto's in an auction:
http://file047b.bebo.com/8/large/2008/12/07/23/2993003851a9585661337l.jpg

100% authentic, from guests who were at the shows before...:D spot the HP guests.

peeves
09-12-08, 00:13
So any more new trailers for HBP yet?

Ada the Mental
12-12-08, 17:59
So, who else has read Beedle the Bard yet?
I loved it! :D
All stories are great. My favourite was the Walrock's Hairy Heart and the Fountain of Fair Fortune. And Dumbledore's commentary is just awesome.

The only thing that annoyed me a bit is the you-can't-raise-the-dead preaching. Yeah. We get it. No need to repeat it every chance you get.

Shark_Blade
12-12-08, 18:12
When was it out? I thought it was only for auction? :confused:

Ada the Mental
12-12-08, 18:20
Yeah at first it was just for the auction (which annoyed a lot of people) but it was widely published about a week ago.

Troy
03-01-09, 13:26
Have any of you read the Prequel yet with James Potter and Sirius Black?

jamieoliver22
03-01-09, 13:42
Wow?! Where?

Lavinder (Laura) posting from Jamie's computer/login, because I'm lazy...

ShadyCroft
03-01-09, 13:58
^^ I think its been posted here by Chris like along time go.

It was nice but wasn't really that special. Also, kinda short with not much going on. :)

Troy
03-01-09, 23:12
Yeah, I too thought the story was short. It was only 800 words so I copied and printed it off of my computer.

Nerd For Life
04-01-09, 00:02
Hi. First time poster in this thread, long time Harry Potter fan.

I read the Tales of Beedle the Bard not long ago. I really liked it. My favourite is The Warlock's Hairy Heart. So gore. :D

peeves
04-01-09, 23:46
So are there any more new trailers yet for HBP movie?

Real Life Raider
05-01-09, 21:36
Saw this today, fan made but interesting, thought I'd share.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/RobBo-imagick/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallow.jpg

touchthesky
05-01-09, 21:37
It's so preeeetttyyyyyyy.

Rupert is so funny in the trailer.

I like that theres a "dark" trailer and a "funny" one.

peffect
05-01-09, 22:01
Just finished reading The Tales of Beedle the Bard!

My favourite tale is still the one told in DH followed by The Fountain of Fair Fortune! :tmb:

And I'm already loving Bertrand de PensÚes-Profondes! :hug:

ShadyCroft
05-01-09, 22:27
Cant wait to get the book myself. :jmp: How many pages is it ?

peffect
05-01-09, 22:33

Couldn't get the French version so I jumped upon the English one!

Hermina94
05-01-09, 23:25
I checked out a HP site called potteracademy.com you can get into Hogwarts,do homework and other cool stuff

peeves
05-01-09, 23:32
Well I found this out whiles ago regarding Dursleys. The only 2 films they don't appear in so far are GoF and HBP. How come the dursleys don't appear in #4 nor #6? They do appear in #1, 2, 3 and 5 though but not #4 nor 6. And the DH poster looks so pretty with the blue backround and white doe.

Shark_Blade
06-01-09, 00:10
Well considering Deathly Hallows will be two parts, I'd say the Dursley might have more screen time in Part 1 and possibly at the end of Part 2 resolution (it's not in the books but I have a feeling the movie will show what happens in the Muggle world, the effect after defeating Voldemort).

peeves
06-01-09, 01:33
Well hopefully the Dursleys will be in #7 like they were in 1, 2, 3 and 5.

peffect
06-01-09, 13:36
Well considering Deathly Hallows will be two parts, I'd say the Dursley might have more screen time in Part 1 and possibly at the end of Part 2 resolution (it's not in the books but I have a feeling the movie will show what happens in the Muggle world, the effect after defeating Voldemort).

I believe, I read that the 7th movie will be exactly as the books' pages tell.

peeves
06-01-09, 18:37
I believe, I read that the 7th movie will be exactly as the books' pages tell.

So you're saying the 7th movie will be exactly like the book?

Carbonek_0051
06-01-09, 18:45
So you're saying the 7th movie will be exactly like the book?

Apparently, that's why they are splitting it into 2 movies so they can avoid cutting anything. If they cut anything I will hate the movie. You can NOT cut anything from the Deathly Hallows.:pi:

peeves
06-01-09, 19:23
Apparently, that's why they are splitting it into 2 movies so they can avoid cutting anything. If they cut anything I will hate the movie. You can NOT cut anything from the Deathly Hallows.:pi:

Well if you cut out stuff outta DH it won't hurt now will it?

peffect
07-01-09, 09:54
Well if you cut out stuff outta DH it won't hurt now will it?

Sure it won't as they did that for the 5 past books; but as the end of the saga, it's giong to be exactly like the book tells it. From what they announced.

I read The ToBtB a second time and, reading Dumbledore's comment on the 5th Tale, wondered what would Grumble the Grubby Goat be as a tale?
Does it mean that Beedle is most likely to have other tales of his? Will JKR ever reveal them?

peeves
07-01-09, 14:42
Sure it won't as they did that for the 5 past books; but as the end of the saga, it's giong to be exactly like the book tells it. From what they announced.

I read The ToBtB a second time and, reading Dumbledore's comment on the 5th Tale, wondered what would Grumble the Grubby Goat be as a tale?
Does it mean that Beedle is most likely to have other tales of his? Will JKR ever reveal them?

And HBP won't be exactly like the book but lots of things in HBP will still be in the book so they cut out stuff rom the books in the first 6 movies but the only movie where it'll be exactly like the book is DH.

john_york
07-01-09, 14:45

Except the 'mindless wandering around in a tent' part in the middle and 'the final chapter that should never have been created and due to it's existence JKR should be beaten with a damp cod'.

peeves
07-01-09, 14:50
Except the 'mindless wandering around in a tent' part in the middle and 'the final chapter that should never have been created and due to it's existence JKR should be beaten with a damp cod'.

Do you mean the final chapter as epilogue? And what do you mean about the wanderless tent part?

john_york
07-01-09, 14:56
Do you mean the final chapter as epilogue? And what do you mean about the wanderless tent part?

Yes.

And the entire middle section of the book where nothing happens except people sitting in a tent moaning. That bit went on too long.

Shark_Blade
07-01-09, 15:32
I don't like the epilogue as well, it's too cheesy for my liking. I read somewhere JKR wrote it when she first draft Harry Potter, she planned it all along and stick to the original ending draft. All those years it could do with a little tweaking to make it more tasteful, but hey it's her creation not mine. I should make my own book and wrote it the way I want it to be.

Seb_01225
07-01-09, 16:30

apparently they've slightly changed some of it i think i read it was something to do with the ending.

john_york
07-01-09, 16:31
apparently they've slightly changed some of it i think i read it was something to do with the ending.

*fingers crossed that chapter's gone...*

ShadyCroft
07-01-09, 16:49
@ John York: I agree with you about the epilogue. It was cheesy and just doesn't feel like the previous chapters. Its as if JKR told a 5 year old what he/she wantsto happen to Harry,Ron and Hermione at the end and to write it for her.

The "mindless" wandering in a tent I actually liked, despite the drama that happened during it. I loved how they ran way, took refuge at Grimmaulds place then they had to escape and traveled around the country, to Xeno Lovegood's, Godric's Hollow, Shell cottage, Gringotts and the ministry. It was really varied and different, not the usual "another year at Hogwarts".
After all that, they went back to Hogwarts, and it really feels like "Wow! its been along time since we read about them running around the corridors of Hogwarts, with the talking portraits, torches and suits or armor are around them.

Blackmoor
07-01-09, 18:42
The "mindless" wandering in a tent I actually liked, despite the drama that happened during it. I loved how they ran way, took refuge at Grimmaulds place then they had to escape and traveled around the country, to Xeno Lovegood's, Godric's Hollow, Shell cottage, Gringotts and the ministry. It was really varied and different, not the usual "another year at Hogwarts".The wandering around in the tent I also enjoyed, and actually found one of the most interesting parts of the book, apart from the silly coincidences that sprung up (like bumping into people they knew on some riverbank in Wales... AND being given the ultimate critical information they needed from this group. Wtf? probability of that happening = 0 :rolleyes:). But other than that I liked the fact that they were on the run and had no ideas of what to do next. It rang true.

The ending was cheesy, but also unbelievable. Apart from all these closest of schoolfriends getting together and then marrying, the pairing of Ron and Hermione should never have happened. And I think it would have been far more reasonable for Hermione and Harry to get together after Ron abandoned them both whilst on the run. Based on Hermione's interactions with Harry (her constant support and affection - whenever Harry and Ron fall out, she sticks with Harry - and his trust of her) this relationship would have felt more real and justified than anything that went on between Ron and Hermione, and Harry and Ginny. It also would have been great character development for all 3 of the main characters. Hermione growing up and realising her infatuation with the juvenile Ron was misplaced, Ron accepting the outcome of his immature behaviour (stomping off and leaving the pair of them, but also his behaviour with Hermione throughout the books), and Harry realising what real love is beyond mourning and longing for lost parents he has no memory of.

peeves
07-01-09, 21:46
And speaking of which the Half-Blood Prince movie gets to be released in theaters July 16, 2009 in Australia while the other countries hefta wait til the 17th.

Shark_Blade
08-01-09, 12:16
The wandering around in the tent I also enjoyed, and actually found one of the most interesting parts of the book, apart from the silly coincidences that sprung up (like bumping into people they knew on some riverbank in Wales... AND being given the ultimate critical information they needed from this group. Wtf? probability of that happening = 0 :rolleyes:). But other than that I liked the fact that they were on the run and had no ideas of what to do next. It rang true.

The ending was cheesy, but also unbelievable. Apart from all these closest of schoolfriends getting together and then marrying, the pairing of Ron and Hermione should never have happened. And I think it would have been far more reasonable for Hermione and Harry to get together after Ron abandoned them both whilst on the run. Based on Hermione's interactions with Harry (her constant support and affection - whenever Harry and Ron fall out, she sticks with Harry - and his trust of her) this relationship would have felt more real and justified than anything that went on between Ron and Hermione, and Harry and Ginny. It also would have been great character development for all 3 of the main characters. Hermione growing up and realising her infatuation with the juvenile Ron was misplaced, Ron accepting the outcome of his immature behaviour (stomping off and leaving the pair of them, but also his behaviour with Hermione throughout the books), and Harry realising what real love is beyond mourning and longing for lost parents he has no memory of.I agree with your pairing of Hermione and Harry. Her devotion and loyalty to him is unquestionable, why love someone that you trust less? And Harry being in love with Ginny is completely random and out of the blue.

touchthesky
08-01-09, 13:46
Ron and Hermiones pairing will always bother me. They just were NOT meant for each other. I always fancied Ron with Luna or someone similar. Him and Hermione are just a no-no.

Nannonxyay
08-01-09, 13:48
Ron and Hermiones pairing will always bother me. They just were NOT meant for each other. I always fancied Ron with Luna or someone similar. Him and Hermione are just a no-no.

I agree. They are just so...odd together.

touchthesky
08-01-09, 13:50
It's such an obvious turn for the books to take as well. IMO Hermione should have gone with Neville and Ron with Luna..they may ALSO be odd couplings but they fit soo much better.

Shark_Blade
08-01-09, 15:04
Hermione and Neville..:) Neville loves Herbology and Hermione loves anything about books and knowledge. Kinda nice ring to it but I still prefer Harry/Hermione as they have something much strong than sharing similarities of interest.

peeves
08-01-09, 20:46
So is there a 4th trailer for Half-Blood Prince yet? I've been looking for it and couldn't find it.

peffect
08-01-09, 21:02
As far as I know, nothing really new - other than pictures.

peeves
08-01-09, 21:06
As far as I know, nothing really new - other than pictures.

Aw bugger that sucks. Ya know what's funny is i went on youtube and someone put a trailer called 4th HBP trailer so i thought it was real til i saw it and knew it was fandmade. Well if pics came out how come they're not in the pictures section of movie 6 on mugglenet like they should be?

VonCroy360
08-01-09, 21:33
I loved the Ron/Hermione pairing and it was obvious they would end up together since the days of the Yule Ball. And yup, it is an obvious turn, but would it be better if something like this wasn't obvious? You like someone a lot for 4-5 years and then just decide to marry and have children with someone with whom you never felt any romantic connection, they hardly enter the "close friends" category either.

I agree with your pairing of Hermione and Harry. Her devotion and loyalty to him is unquestionable, why love someone that you trust less? And Harry being in love with Ginny is completely random and out of the blue.

Harry and Hermione were always just best friends, don't you feel loyal and devoted to your friends? As I recall Harry never had any feelings towards Hermy and imo she always (well, at least since she was grown-up enough) had them for Ron.

Love2Raid
08-01-09, 21:49
Hey there!

Random question:
Is the Tales of Beedle the Bard available in all book stores? And also, is it any good?

I have read HP 1-7 and loved them all. :)

peeves
08-01-09, 21:57
Hey there!

Random question:
Is the Tales of Beedle the Bard available in all book stores? And also, is it any good?

I have read HP 1-7 and loved them all. :)

It's available in all book stores and some people claim it's pretty good though i don't really care for it as some parts of the book are just like spells like heart key tale lock etc. which ain't my cuppa tea so i only cared for books 1-7.

Ada the Mental
08-01-09, 22:10
*shudders* Let's all pretend those last few pages were never written, people...

Realistic or not, I think it was meant from the beginning that Ron and Hermione would end up together...However, I think it's a miracle that 19 years after the end of the series they are still married and haven't cursed each other into oblivion. I like to think that they spent their honeymoon at St Mungo's.

Maybe the Harry/Ginny thing would be ok if Ginny actually was a well-developped character...

As for Harry/Hermione...Meh...Just no. :p

It's available in all book stores and some people claim it's pretty good though i don't really care for it as some parts of the book are just like spells like heart key tale lock etc. which ain't my cuppa tea so i only cared for books 1-7.

Huh? :confused:

Whatever. I loved Beedle! :D

Love2Raid
08-01-09, 22:22
I hated the last chapter of the 7th book too. I wish I had never read those pages...........:o

I guess she did it to prevent herself from writing another HP book or something. Like: "Well nothing important happened in those 19 years, everyone is still alive and well. No need to write another book then." :vlol:

peeves
09-01-09, 00:08
I hated the last chapter of the 7th book too. I wish I had never read those pages...........:o

I guess she did it to prevent herself from writing another HP book or something. Like: "Well nothing important happened in those 19 years, everyone is still alive and well. No need to write another book then." :vlol:

Well there ain't no nothin' you can't do no nothin' about it as it's too late now. Well she wanted too right the epilogue about all is well just to make sure the HP series ends for good meaning no more voldemort unless harry's son has the same problem harry potter did throughout all 7 years of school but i doubt it.

Shark_Blade
11-01-09, 16:19
Does anyone has a favorite HP movie soundtrack? Mine is Chamber of Secrets because the music has :

- the greatest composition of Harry Potter theme. The first HP theme(Prologue) in Philosopher's Stone is original but lack strong mysterious feel to it like in this one. It's all too cheery imo whereas in CoS (Prologue Book II Escape From The Dursley) it starts really creepy, child like music box dingaling and then it slowly melds in with the actual theme. And it didn't stop there, the music is haunting and it's like a long horn being blown in a chilly night. But to be honest I love both version but prefer the second one most. :D
And also there's the quidditch music within the Prologue II, very epic and heart pumping, energetic and went to glorious theme like you're winning the Quidditch cup.

- Gilderoy Lockhart's theme always makes me smile, as it sounds so cheesy like he's 'so superficial and great but doesn't really know what he's doing' kinda theme.

- Introducing Collin sounds like a music you woke up on a great morning, and start baking blueberry muffins and having a good time. If that makes sense. Collin is overall a nice guy.

- Fawkes Is Reborn. Astonishingly great music, as it is soothing and calming to me.
- Harry's Wondrous World as being heard in the end credits of the movie. A nice track overall and harmonious, love it.

I got it all on 5 CDs since I love the cover art and inlays, and I appreciate them more in hardcopy than buying softcopies. Can't wait for Half Blood Prince soundtrack and movie, what's it gonna be like? :cln:

Rivendell
11-01-09, 16:23
I adore The Prisoner of Azkaban's OST. It's got so many great and memorable tracks for me. :D

peffect
11-01-09, 16:32
I adore The Prisoner of Azkaban's OST. It's got so many great and memorable tracks for me. :D

Definitely!

A Window To The Past is my all time fav'!

Shark_Blade
11-01-09, 16:40
^Oh, I absolutely love Double Trouble in that. :D

They have the balls to make the Knight Bus theme which sounds crazy and wild, a bit of jazz in it unlike other musics :p

A Window To The Past is absolutely sad if you really feel deep in the music. Kinda like TR1 music with the flute, heart wrenching sad and sorrow in the beginning but continues to be upbeat later on. (Gosh, peffect beat me to it! :p)

Rivendell
11-01-09, 16:45
2AeVVbMNwq0

ShadyCroft
11-01-09, 16:46
Yes, HP 3 the movie had amazing soundtracks. The window to the past, double trouble, main theme, the Hippogriff's scene, the time traveling....just all of them. :tmb:

John Williams ! :hug:

peffect
11-01-09, 16:47
I also like every version of the opening theme. (The 1st one being my fav'.)

But what is it with John Williams no more making the OSTs?

Rivendell
11-01-09, 16:48
He's coming back for Deathly Hallows I think. I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Hyper_Crazy
11-01-09, 16:50
Prisoner of Azakaban has the best soundtrack IMO. Absouletley love the soundtrack for the hippogriff scene where Harry is flying over Hogwarts. :)

peffect
11-01-09, 16:53
Well he should! I really missed his touch in GoF and OotP.

They'll begin working on DH in Febuary! I wish them to give their very best!
And to Emma* to stop being so serious all the time. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

*I wrote Hermione at first! :p

Shark_Blade
11-01-09, 16:57
He's coming back for Deathly Hallows I think. I seem to remember reading that somewhere.:yik: That would be amazing news if it's true! I love Patrick Doyle take on GoF(especially Potter Walts for the Yule Ball :D) and Nicholas Hooper on OoTP (Umbridge theme being a memorable one for me atm), but still, they're not John Williams.

They'll begin working on DH in Febuary! I wish them to give their very best!
And to Emma* to stop being so serious all the time. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

*I wrote Hermione at first! :pWhat's everyone problem with Emma?

ShadyCroft
11-01-09, 17:00
He's coming back for Deathly Hallows I think. I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Oh I hope you're right, Chris.

peffect
11-01-09, 17:06
:yik: That would be amazing news if it's true! I love Patrick Doyle take on GoF(especially Potter Walts for the Yule Ball :D) and Nicholas Hooper on OoTP (Umbridge theme being a memorable one for me atm), but still, they're not John Williams.

Exept that Bizarr' Sisters are supposed to be a female band! :pi:
But I think that was not his responsibility.

EDIT:
lol, nothing, she's just not as Hermione in the books; I mean, not at all!

Shark_Blade
11-01-09, 17:10
But I think that was not his responsibility.It's The Weird Sisters actually. :p Oh, it's like The Barenaked Ladies band, which is an all male band! Confusing huh? Just the title/name of the band, no biggie. :D

And I prefer the Potter Waltz in this OST more because it didn't spoilt it with the rock band in the middle of it like in the movie.:)

Ada the Mental
11-01-09, 17:18
PoA definitely has the best soundtrack. I liked the music in GoF and OotP but it'd be great if John Williams really returned! :D

But I think that was not his responsibility.
Actually, they are not. I thought they were a female band, too, because I first read GoF in Greek, and in the translation they are as portrayed as a female band, but the members are all male. I think JKR had them as wizards of the month at her official site or something.

Shark_Blade
11-01-09, 17:24
^But isn't there a part in HBP/DH that they were in the Burrow and the Weird Sisters were on, and Fleur said how horrible they are (to Molly's disgust). I kinda think it's a Female Band, because Molly listening to a rock band and singing a long in high pitch notes is...well weird if it's a male band doing high pitch. :vlol:

Ada the Mental
11-01-09, 17:33
^But isn't there a part in HBP/DH that they were in the Burrow and the Weird Sisters were on, and Fleur said how horrible they are (to Molly's disgust). I kinda think it's a Female Band, because Molly listening to a rock band and singing a long in high pitch notes is...well weird if it's a male band doing high pitch. :vlol:

Nah, it wasn't the Weird Sisters. It was some Celestina Something chick. Can't remember her name.
Molly and rock bands? :vlol:

Shark_Blade
11-01-09, 17:37
Yeah imagine that. :vlol: lol I need to read HP books again.

john_york
11-01-09, 18:03
Nah, it wasn't the Weird Sisters. It some Celestina Something chick. Can't remember her name.
Molly and rock bands? :vlol:

Celestina Warbeck, I think :)

ShadyCroft
11-01-09, 18:37
Actually , I think the Weird Sisters is an all-male band. I remember reading it some where and in one of the Harry Potter games, one of the chocolate frog cards had a picture of one of the band's members and it was a guy.

Troy
11-01-09, 18:45
When is the Half-Blood Prince going to come out in theatres?

peffect
11-01-09, 20:47
^ 11 - 07 - 2009.

It's The Weird Sisters actually. :p Oh, it's like The Barenaked Ladies band, which is an all male band! Confusing huh? Just the title/name of the band, no biggie. :D

JK Rowling in the French version of the books has given different names to some characters. :)

Severus Rogue (snape,) Olivier Dubois (Oliver Wood,) Bizarr' Sisters (The Weird Sisters,) etcetera.

@Ada The Mental:
But why did she called 'em Sisters?

MrBear
12-01-09, 20:11
@Ada The Mental:
But why did she called 'em Sisters?

I know my name's not Ada (unfortunately.... :o ...... :ton:), but I thought I'd mention that 'the We´rd Sisters' is an allusion to the three witches in Shakespeare's Macbeth.. "By the prýcking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes", is, furthermore, a quotation from one of these witches :)

Troy
16-01-09, 21:11
In England, did J.K. Rowling call the first Harry potter book Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone? Because that's what the movie is called in England?

touchthesky
16-01-09, 21:12
Yeah, thats the title of the first book.

:)

bivvy
16-01-09, 21:12
^ Yeah.

Rivendell
16-01-09, 21:39
The book was retitled to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for publication in the United States. The main reason for this retitle was that the U.S. publishers thought that a child would not want to read a book that sounded as though it was associated with philosophy.

JK Rowling gives this explanation:
“ Arthur Levine, my American editor, and I decided that words should be altered only where we felt they would be incomprehensible, even in context, to an American reader... The title change was Arthur's idea initially, because he felt that the British title gave a misleading idea of the subject matter. In England, we discussed several alternative titles and Sorcerer's Stone was my idea. ”

It made me laugh.

laralover_07
16-01-09, 21:51
I'm sure a title change made the series what it is today.. :D

peffect
17-01-09, 10:08
I know my name's not Ada (unfortunately.... :o ...... :ton:), but I thought I'd mention that 'the We´rd Sisters' is an allusion to the three witches in Shakespeare's Macbeth.. "By the prýcking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes", is, furthermore, a quotation from one of these witches :)

Thankyou for this. *goes to read more about it*

Rivendell
19-01-09, 10:39
It's reported that the last full trailer for HBP will be shown this Friday, with more shots from The Cave, the Astronomy Tower and of Bellatrix.

NympHadorA
19-01-09, 11:00
Another HP fan here now. I will watch this thread everyday. Reading your opinions are great... ;)

Shark_Blade
19-01-09, 11:23
^Is your name based on Nymphadora Tonks? Love her in the books, and I even adore her more in the movie.

SPOILER
Sad about her ending in the last book though, and it wasn't even explained more on how she died..:(

john_york
19-01-09, 11:36
oooooh, new trailer on Friday? Coolness!

TR1CRW
19-01-09, 13:38
I never knew that there was a Harry Potter thread on here! :o Read the first one by word of mouth in 98' & I had a strong feeling that it it would do well, but I would never managed that it would go on to sell the 500 million books and rising that he has done!

I was lucky enough to work a bit on Goblet of Fire and more so on Order of the Phoenix; but sadly haven't been able to get back on them since. :(

Can't wait for the next one to come out & you fans here will be glad to know that they will start filming for the next movie in Feb! :)

touchthesky
19-01-09, 13:49
I bought the OOTP game for PS3.

Fun so far but I'm only like five minutes into it lol.

Is there a new trailer on friday?

Oh me, oh my!

TR1CRW
19-01-09, 13:59
I bought the OOTP game for PS3.

Fun so far but I'm only like five minutes into it lol.

Is there a new trailer on friday?

Oh me, oh my!

Hey I bought that for the Wii! :D

Lara-Thomas
19-01-09, 15:58
I love all the Harry Potter books/movies to date.
Cant wait for Half Blood Prince tbf

Tbh im not really a fan of the games tho ,
I loved Prisoner of Azkaban games , but there after I enjoy it as much

Troy
19-01-09, 17:20
I like all the books but i don't like the Prisoner of Azkaban movie and I haven't seen the Order of the Phoenix but other than the POA movie the movies are pretty good.

Dixie
19-01-09, 18:38
oooooh, new trailer on Friday? Coolness!

New trailer on friday? Oooh cool. Though I have a feeling we will have seen the entire movie before it even comes out if they keep releasing trailers...

Rivendell
19-01-09, 18:46
Rumoured to be shown with Inkheart, so I don't know if we'll see it online on Friday.

-DaNnEe..
19-01-09, 19:46
I like all the books but i don't like the Prisoner of Azkaban movie and I haven't seen the Order of the Phoenix but other than the POA movie the movies are pretty good.

The Prisoner Of Askaban movie is like the best one imo.

Rivendell
23-01-09, 17:34
New trailer - but lots in Japanese:

a6GA2ZBH1P4

touchthesky
23-01-09, 17:38
Thanks Riv, but that was very frustrating lol.

Ima wait for another version xD!

peeves
27-01-09, 02:46
I'm glad we got that fourth trailer
sBGbKCm_pQQ
PlrphFBpuio
CJ8dXUtxY4A
d0Ih-kD1eB8

amiro1989
27-01-09, 03:27
Thanks Rivendell.

It's very appreciated. :D

I can't wait for July.

Rivendell
11-02-09, 12:10
This is old news, but I'd only read the part about the funeral - apparently the big fight at Hogwarts - as the Death Eaters are escaping, WON'T be in HBP. :mad:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a130681/producer-reveals-potter-omissions.html

ShadyCroft
11-02-09, 12:31
Oh, that's not good news.

But I think I saw in the trailers the part where Snape's escaping and sets Hagrid's hut on fire, and Harry running after him yelling "Get back here you coward ?" is that the only part which will be there ?

Orionvalentine
11-02-09, 12:47
Has the topic of Lego Harry Potter came up yet? I read in the PS3 magazine that it was in production.

Rivendell
11-02-09, 13:02
Oh, that's not good news.

But I think I saw in the trailers the part where Snape's escaping and sets Hagrid's hut on fire, and Harry running after him yelling "Get back here you coward ?" is that the only part which will be there ?

Yeah, that's the funny thing - we've seen those shots. :confused:
I wonder what exactly they're taking out of that section then?

(I love the shot of Bellatrix dancing in front of Hagrid's flaming hut, too. :cln: )

Carbonek_0051
11-02-09, 13:07
This is old news, but I'd only read the part about the funeral - apparently the big fight at Hogwarts - as the Death Eaters are escaping, WON'T be in HBP. :mad:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a130681/producer-reveals-potter-omissions.html

Oh wow, I honestly just lost all interest in the film. Seriously? Trying to avoid repetition? That was one of my favorite parts of HBP and the funeral was as well.

Now I'm starting to worry what they are going to do with DH.:rolleyes:

Rivendell
11-02-09, 13:11
Now I'm starting to worry what they are going to do with DH.:rolleyes:

Apparently their reason for having 2 films is so they don't have to miss stuff out. If you believe them, that is.
Plus I guess that the first DH will start with the funeral.
I suppose it does set the tone for both films though, start as you mean to go on - and all.

Carbonek_0051
11-02-09, 13:14
Apparently their reason for having 2 films is so they don't have to miss stuff out. If you believe them, that is.
Plus I guess that the first DH will start with the funeral.
I suppose it does set the tone for both films though, start as you mean to go on - and all.

True, I am hoping that they do not screw up DH in any way, shape, or form. That book was amazing and nothing can be cut with out making a mess of things. I will be hopeful, but still be a bit skeptical. I might just wait for HBP on DVD or wait to hear your and other's opinions on it before I decide to go out and see it.

Rivendell
11-02-09, 13:19
I know they'll butcher it like they have repeatedly done - but I can't wait to see HBP regardless - it's my favourite book, hopefully it'll be my favourite film.

Carbonek_0051
11-02-09, 13:21
I know they'll butcher it like they have repeatedly done - but I can't wait to see HBP regardless - it's my favourite book, hopefully it'll be my favourite film.

My favorites will always be POA, HBP, & DH. That's why I am upset they are butchering this one heavily, I am hoping it will be good. But did they really have to cut the battle?:(

ShadyCroft
11-02-09, 19:46
Oh wow, I honestly just lost all interest in the film. Seriously? Trying to avoid repetition? That was one of my favorite parts of HBP and the funeral was as well.

:yik:!!! Dumbledore's funeral will notbe in the HBP movie ???!!!?!

Yeah, that's the funny thing - we've seen those shots.
I wonder what exactly they're taking out of that section then?

(I love the shot of Bellatrix dancing in front of Hagrid's flaming hut, too. )

Wasn't Bella not at Hogwarts at that time ? :confused: It was only Amycus and Alecto Carrow, Snape, Malfoy and Fenrir, no ?

Rivendell
12-02-09, 00:43
True, Bella wasn't at the HBP battle. It's one of their 'creative changes' that I like, because I love Bellatrix! :D They could just scrap the other Death Eaters and make clones of her for all I care, she rocks. :cool: ;)

peeves
04-03-09, 01:11
There're 5 HBP trailers right now available online on youtube. Go check em out.

Rivendell
05-03-09, 22:08
Yep, a very new (and breathtaking) HBP trailer can be seen on www.mugglenet.com :jmp:

ShadyCroft
05-03-09, 22:14
Thank you for informing us, Chris ! :tmb: Will check it out now.

Btw, I used to do a lot of Harry Potter role playing years ago on MSN groups. Does anyone know about that ?
Are there still good forums out there where I can role play ? :o I kinda miss writing up stories and role playing in Hogwarts and all other places.

*sigh* great times. :(

touchthesky
05-03-09, 22:24
More Draco! From the looks of that trailer any way...gutted that he had like 2 seconds screen time in OOTP. :(.

Excited for this movie. Favourite book..better not butcher it =(.

Rivendell
06-03-09, 14:38
HBP's Sectumsempra scene by any chance? :D

http://i39.************/104hw88.jpg

Nerd For Life
06-03-09, 15:01
^I expect it to be more bloody, actually. ;)

touchthesky
06-03-09, 15:30
Woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby.

:o

Tom is a God.

Dixie
06-03-09, 20:16
^I expect it to be more bloody, actually. ;)

I expected it to be cut, considering it's a PG movie.

ShadyCroft
06-03-09, 20:34
That's the kiddies version of the Sectumsempra spell I guess. :o

Nerd For Life
06-03-09, 20:40
Well, good point. I hope it doesn't get cut though. :(

Mrs_Bean
06-03-09, 20:47
HBP's Sectumsempra scene by any chance? :D

http://i39.************/104hw88.jpg

That's like "OMG they'v beaten me up i must put dat on myspace rite nao". But it's cool photo anyway.

laralover_07
06-03-09, 20:57
I expected it to be cut, considering it's a PG movie.

It's PG!! *sigh* No actually scary Inferi then... They could at least make it a 12, or a 15 and do it like JK did the books, making them more adult each book.

ShadyCroft
06-03-09, 21:18
^^ No scary inferis ?!! Awww, I really want this movie to have a dark tone.

Nerd For Life
06-03-09, 21:21
I'm afraid HP movies have been sucking more and more with each one. :(

Rivendell
06-03-09, 21:39
It's PG!! *sigh* No actually scary Inferi then...

You can see them in the new trailer. They just look like severly anorexic people with grey skin. Unfortunately the HP film designers have failed to grasp the concept of rotting flesh since the Dementors.

woody543
06-03-09, 21:44
PG? at least make it a 12. Or maybe make it more like the book and have a 15 version on dvd with extra scenes.

There is no way they can portray the scariness of the books on a PG... oh well.

I really want to re-read the final book again only my mothers stupid boyfriend decided to read it, and he lost the cover! :O then leant it to his children to read who folded the corners over, i finally got it back and was going to read it when they decided to borrow it again and i haven't seen it since, they have also managed to destroy my other harry potter books and loose two of the dvds, lets just say I had a big argument with mother dear.

TombRaiderLover
06-03-09, 22:05
When did they ever say the film would be a PG? I'm sure it'll be a 12. PG seems to be a rarity nowadays. BBFC has a fit over the smallest amount of fantasy violence.

laralover_07
06-03-09, 22:36
You can see them in the new trailer. They just look like severly anorexic people with grey skin. Unfortunately the HP film designers have failed to grasp the concept of rotting flesh since the Dementors.

Indeed. I would like to note how faithfully they have re-created the one image of Dumbledore conjuring the fire. I'll see it regardless, the only one I didn't see release day was PoA and that's because I was ill. :p

Rivendell
06-03-09, 23:18
I bet right now that we won't see Dumbledore slicing into his hand to use his 'blood magic' to open the Cave.

Dixie
07-03-09, 21:15
When did they ever say the film would be a PG? I'm sure it'll be a 12. PG seems to be a rarity nowadays. BBFC has a fit over the smallest amount of fantasy violence.

You can see the rating on the official website, as well as some of the posters. And I meant US PG.

TombRaiderLover
07-03-09, 21:24
Was my previous post deleted?

Anyway, shame it'll be a PG. The series should be moving forwards in terms of darkness and maturity, not backwards.

touchthesky
07-03-09, 21:57
Is anyone dressing up for the occasion? I have Slytherin robes, voldemort/dracos wands (the nice ones, not the cheap rubbish ones) and grey jumper...I'm wondering...will I buy a slytherin tie/scarf?

Will I?

You decide!

Rivendell
07-03-09, 21:59
Yeah, go for it! :D

I might do the whole dressup thing again.. It depends if I go and see it with my other HP-obsessed mate.

Rai
07-03-09, 22:19
I'm glad I found this thread at last. I miss discussing all things HP with people who won't laugh or think I'm too old or just look at me strangely. :p

Is the film really a PG? This surprises me as with the new trailer (which is brilliant), it looks quite dark.

woody, I hope you get your book back. I recently reread the last 4 books back-to-back and it really helped to fill the gap and also remind me of things I'd forgotten, how JKR weaves things together. You know the little details that seemingly have no significance only to brought into a later book.

peeves
09-03-09, 20:12
Anyway this past weekend i watched harry potter on abcfamily and last night GoF was on as well as PoA before and CoS before then and SS was on friday and saturday nevertheless i'm still waiting for OotP to be on abcfamily but that won't happen til next year unfortunately.

Rai
09-03-09, 20:22
Can't you rent it, peeves? It is worth it, even if there was a lot cut from it. I liked this one.

peeves
09-03-09, 20:24
Can't you rent it, peeves? It is worth it, even if there was a lot cut from it. I liked this one.

actually i already have PoA GoF and OotP on dvd but the only reason i want it on abcfamily is because i kinda have an obsessive compulsive disorder with HP on abcfamily.

Rai
09-03-09, 20:26
Well okay, so you just have to watch it on abcfamily huh? fair dos. ;)

peeves
09-03-09, 20:34
Well okay, so you just have to watch it on abcfamily huh? fair dos. ;)

So i'm surprised that in HBP the part where malfoy attacks harry and puts the invisibility cloak on him tonks don't rescue harry from the train luna rescues him instead via her 3-D specs.

Rivendell
30-03-09, 12:52
Oh son of a ..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a151172/rhys-ifans-joins-deathly-hallows.html

Why did that gimp have to join up? :( I can't stand him!

john_york
30-03-09, 13:33
Oh son of a ..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a151172/rhys-ifans-joins-deathly-hallows.html

Why did that gimp have to join up? :( I can't stand him!

Xeno Loovegood? Yeuch! I hate Rhys Ifans, I really really hate him. I always thought Jim Broadbent would make a perfect Xeno Loovegood actually. Although, obviously, that's not going to happen now he's playing Slughorn. I thought Matt Lucas could have played a good Slughorn, actually...

Anywho, I hope Ifans isn't Xeno, but some death eater that gets blasted to oblivion nice and early on (in a graphic explody kind of way :D)

Ada the Mental
30-03-09, 13:39
I've...no idea who the guy is.:p
But I can't see him as Xeno Lovegood.

ShadyCroft
30-03-09, 14:40
I don't know the guy either. :confused: ah, well....

john_york
30-03-09, 14:44
^ Have you guys seen Notting Hill?

peeves
30-03-09, 16:18
Anyway There are 2 new trailers since this thread was here then revived. go check em out on youtube.

Tonyrobinson
30-03-09, 16:34
Oh isn't that the guy outta Little Nicky!

Your_Envy*
30-03-09, 16:42
Anyway There are 2 new trailers since this thread was here then revived. go check em out on youtube.

I didn't notice, thanks for telling that. :D

Rai
30-03-09, 16:44
Peeves, yeah I heard that about Luna finding Harry too. A tad strange but changes like that are to be expected, I guess.

I'm not familiar with Rhys Ifans as an actor, but I somehow imagined Xeno Lovegood as older? Maybe he'll look older on screen.

*laralover*
30-03-09, 16:54
Ugh i cant stand Rhys Ifans either :o The new trailer looked good though..

AmericanAssassin
30-03-09, 16:58
It's rated PG?! :mad: The HBP is not a childrens book, so this really upsets me. I really don't want them to butcher this masterpiece. :(

peeves
30-03-09, 18:40
It's rated PG?! :mad: The HBP is not a childrens book, so this really upsets me. I really don't want them to butcher this masterpiece. :(

Just get over it wouldja? So what if it's PG just grow up and deal with it. The film will still be good whether it's PG or PG-13 so pipe down. Anyway Harry Potters 1, 2, 3 and 6 are PG while 4 and 5 are PG-13.

touchthesky
30-03-09, 19:43
Its gonna be so much better than the last one! Ah can't wait.

Draco *sigh* :o

I need to re-read book 6 soon...

peeves
30-03-09, 19:46
Read This (http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/movie6/ejsreview.shtml) part. It shall tell you what happens in the movie exactly.

AmericanAssassin
30-03-09, 19:51
Just get over it wouldja? So what if it's PG just grow up and deal with it. The film will still be good whether it's PG or PG-13 so pipe down. Anyway Harry Potters 1, 2, 3 and 6 are PG while 4 and 5 are PG-13.

You have absolutely zero reasons to be rude, so you need to stop. It makes sense that 1-3 would be PG, as they have more mild themes. However 4-7 all deal with more adult elements. There's a major difference between the second half of the series. So, how about you get over yourself and don't tell me what to think. ;)

peeves
30-03-09, 19:56
You have absolutely zero reasons to be rude, so you need to stop. It makes sense that 1-3 would be PG, as they have more mild themes. However 4-7 all deal with more adult elements. There's a major difference between the second half of the series. So, how about you get over yourself and don't tell me what to think. ;)

Well I'm sorry for being rude and i didn't mean it. Well i don't know why #6 is PG maybe because they want more money to see in theaters. And yes I agree it shoulda been PG-13 which sadly wasn't.

Rivendell
14-04-09, 00:17
New Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9memLopBGBM), and another one due for Thursday. :tmb:

Nerd For Life
14-04-09, 00:20
Oh my God, it looks amazing! I hope I'm not disappointed... :D

peeves
14-04-09, 03:01
Oh my God, it looks amazing! I hope I'm not disappointed... :D

Good trailer but that's the same as the japanese trailer that premierd a few months back except it's in english. Well Petunia Dursley is in Harry Potter's 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 but the other 2 dursleys are cut from this film.

amiro1989
14-04-09, 03:04
New Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9memLopBGBM), and another one due for Thursday. :tmb:

This might be crazy, but I dreamt about a trailer few days ago, and I didn't know a new one was released... I think I'm spiritually linked to Harry Potter. :ton:

peeves
14-04-09, 03:12
This might be crazy, but I dreamt about a trailer few days ago, and I didn't know a new one was released... I think I'm spiritually linked to Harry Potter. :ton:

Well I can't wait to see that next trailer premiering this week. Well speaking of which the 6th movie is rated PG-13 the IMAX version so that's a relief

Rivendell
17-04-09, 10:02
PROPER new trailer! :jmp: I'm shivering! It looks SO good! :jmp: :yah:

jv-jQpFDNmU

:cln: :jmp: :cln:

Bonez
17-04-09, 10:42
The Music score is FASNTASTIC! :jmp::jmp:

M.A.
17-04-09, 10:48
Who else felt a chill down their spine upon hearing revamped Hedwig's theme at the end? :D Brrr...

Rivendell
17-04-09, 11:21
^ Totally! :jmp: So powerful.

I love the shot of Bella storming the Great Hall, plus the long shot of Snape hexing Harry towards the end.

That bit actually reminded me of the same scene I did in Flash about 4 years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f02GFsO9S8

:eek:

ShadyCroft
17-04-09, 11:34
I know I'll be Avada Kedavraed, but I'll say what I thought of the trailer anyway.

In my opinion and eyes it was good, not great. Too chaotic in its scenes and relying heavily on visuals...I wonder how just as good the story is.

Edit: But am extremely glad Quidditch is back again. :)

peeves
17-04-09, 12:07
And another thing they pushed the release ahead to july 15, 2009 just like they did with OotP.

Nerd For Life
17-04-09, 15:05
I always get shivers when listening to the Hedwig theme. :D Awesome trailer.

peeves
17-04-09, 17:45
I always get shivers when listening to the Hedwig theme. :D Awesome trailer.

Well i have 2 favorite tracks: Cedric Death and Sirius Death and my next will be Dumbledore Death when that comes out.

touchthesky
17-04-09, 19:52
Oh my goodness.

Oh my god.

Guys.

:hug:

This film actually looks amazing.

Anyone else spot the little Voldies :D?

peeves
17-04-09, 19:54
Oh my goodness.

Oh my god.

Guys.

:hug:

This film actually looks amazing.

Anyone else spot the little Voldies :D?

Yes I spotted the little voldemorts. The first film without voldemort was Prisoner of Azkaban and this is the second film without voldemort (I mean the voldemort that tries to kill harry).

AmericanAssassin
17-04-09, 20:01
Oh. My. God. The latest trailer was so sexy. :cln: I can't wait for this movie!!!

peeves
17-04-09, 20:04
Oh. My. God. The latest trailer was so sexy. :cln: I can't wait for this movie!!!

I can't wait to see the part where katie bell screams with the opal necklace.

Rivendell
17-04-09, 21:18
What-the..? Where did my post about Ollivander go? :confused:

peeves
17-04-09, 21:18
What-the..? Where did my post about Ollivander go? :confused:

Perhaps someone deleted it? :confused: idk

Rivendell
17-04-09, 21:22
^ Hmm. Well, we'll try again.

jv-jQpFDNmU

1:10 - you can see Ollivander being captured/dragged out of his shop by Deatheaters, led by Fenrir. :cln:

peeves
17-04-09, 21:25
Well i think it was PG instead of PG-13 because it was toned down and i don't see any serious parts well maybe some minor ones but not major.

Nenya awakens
17-04-09, 22:11
i'm really looking forward to this movie. i hope they dont tamper with the plot as much as they did with order of the phoenix. that had a lot cut out of it :(

peeves
17-04-09, 22:15
i'm really looking forward to this movie. i hope they dont tamper with the plot as much as they did with order of the phoenix. that had a lot cut out of it :(

Well there's a chance they might cut some of it out but according to the screen done by eric linstreem he claimed it was a good portion in the movie.

Laras man
18-04-09, 12:21
I can't wait for Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince! :jmp: I just so can't wait! I set Harry Potter as my desktop background.

Rivendell
18-04-09, 16:53
I can't stop watching that trailer, the last 20 seconds or so is just so brilliantly exciting! :eek: :jmp: Especially the theme at the end.

Angelus
18-04-09, 17:01
I saw the trailer in the pictures today, and it was so epic. I got goosebumps while watching it - I'm excited about the film now. :tmb:

Joe_Croft
18-04-09, 17:06
And another thing they pushed the release ahead to july 15, 2009 just like they did with OotP.

they did this so they cos they make more money releasing in the summer!!

peeves
18-04-09, 20:54
Does anyone know why petunia dursley is cut from this film? because that's a big disappointment.

Rivendell
18-04-09, 21:46
Not necessary to the main plot? Because they wanted to include more romance? Because they have the compulsive urge to butcher the original source material because "nobody wants to watch HP for longer than 2.5 hours"?

Take your pick!

peeves
18-04-09, 21:47
Not necessary to the main plot? Because they wanted to include more romance? Because they have the compulsive urge to butcher the original source material because "nobody wants to watch HP for longer than 2.5 hours"?

Take your pick!

Well maybe because they thought she wasn't needed in the movie because she wasn't important.

Rivendell
18-04-09, 21:49
The more I consider it, the more I think the franchise would've been so much better and more faithful as a TV series.
Sure, it might not have had the big cinematic epic feel, and it certainly wouldn't have had such a big budget - but it would've given them the opportunity to be much much more faithful to the books.

peeves
18-04-09, 22:04
The more I consider it, the more I think the franchise would've been so much better and more faithful as a TV series.
Sure, it might not have had the big cinematic epic feel, and it certainly wouldn't have had such a big budget - but it would've given them the opportunity to be much much more faithful to the books.

Well anyway at a certain point in the trailer you see harry being knocked back by snape.

Sir Croft
18-04-09, 22:32
Oh my, the trailer is epic! :cln: :jmp:
I don't know, I can live with some parts of the books being cut from the movie, it's been like that since the very first, it's not gonna change now anyway. A TV series wouldn't be this "wow!". :p

peeves
19-04-09, 02:26
I got a surprise for you this a scene from Half-Blood Prince
Test screening viewers tell us of the discovery of Dumbledore’s body
Harry then returns to find the whole school gathered around Dumbledore's body, McGonagall in the front completely stunned and silent. Harry kneels down at Dumbledore's side, brushes a hair out of his face and finds the locket, but does not open it. Clutching the locket He starts to cry and Ginny goes and holds him also crying. Then following McGonagall's lead, everyone lights there wand (I think they all murmur something in unison but I can't remember what) and slowly raise them as one in the air. Final shot of that scene is from above with all the lighted wands surrounding the tower, Dumbledore, Harry and Ginny

The scene with Dumbledore's body at the foot of the tower is very, very cool... I cried. Everyone is gathered around - I mean, lots of students, faculty, etc. Harry is next to the body, crying, and Ginny is comforting him - all of the others are keeping a respectful distance. Someone - I don't remember whom - raises their wand in the air, lighted up at the tip, and everyone else slowly follows suit as the camera pans out until all you can see are the lighted tips of the raised wands

everyone raises their wands to get rid of the Dark Mark.

So if harry cried in GoF, OotP, and HBP, he'll cry in DH guaranteed.

larafan25
19-04-09, 03:22
you guys what was the last HP movie to come out???

I ususally see all of them,because I find them interesting:)

I think I forgot to see the last one,and seeing this trailer makes me want to see them all:)

M.A.
19-04-09, 03:34
^ Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix

The one with the battle between Harry, Dumby and Voldy :p in the Ministry of Magic

EDIT: Oh, yeah. It's the one where Harry and Cho Chang kissed under the mistletoe in the Room of Requirement. :D

telcontar
20-04-09, 21:19
What's with the all obsession with "zomg they are not faithful to the books". I think it's time to understand that films are never 100% faithful to the books. And that's good because if you just simply copy everything from to the book the film, you will get a hot mess.
Films and books are two completely different things.

Also, imo the 6th book was filled with unnecessary stuff, so the more they cut it, the better. :p

Nerd For Life
20-04-09, 22:01
^It's just how fans of the books are. I get upset everytime they butcher anything in the Harry Potter films, I can't help it.

peeves
20-04-09, 22:07
Well it's ok if they butcher stuff outta the books except the DH which they won't do too much cutting of that movie. Too bad they still don't have a picture nor footage of readcliffe crying during the sixth movie. :(

elizard_9594
21-04-09, 03:19
What i've heard is that HP&tDH is going to be VERY EPIC! i heard theyre going to make it into a two-movie special like Titanic was. VERY COOL.

Dream_Raider
21-04-09, 04:37
^It's just how fans of the books are. I get upset everytime they butcher anything in the Harry Potter films, I can't help it.

I know, I can't quite swallow all my rage when they don't follow the books. But then cosidering it's HP, they shouldn't miss out minor stuff because you never know when Rowling's gonna make it major. For people who don't read the books, it can become quite confusing.

I agree with that :)

Shark_Blade
21-04-09, 05:00
What i've heard is that HP&tDH is going to be VERY EPIC! i heard theyre going to make it into a two-movie special like Titanic was. VERY COOL.What? Since when Titanic has 2 part, only one. Caprio fell into ocean, the end. No sequeal.

I know, I can't quite swallow all my rage when they don't follow the books. But then cosidering it's HP, they shouldn't miss out minor stuff because you never know when Rowling's gonna make it major. That's why Rowling's an essential part in writing the movie. She screened all the scripts/story and add & throw away unnecessary things to fit into the movie all this time.:tmb:

It is impossible to be 100% faithful to the books due to the time constraint, but still as it turns out I still enjoy the movies. ;)

For people who don't read the books, it can become quite confusing.
I agree.

Ada the Mental
22-04-09, 13:39
It's not really the changes themselves that bother me as much as the fact that most of the changes are unnessecary, pointless and sometimes downright stupid. Certainly not an improvement on the original.
And the fact that they're doing two films out of DH certainly doesn't nessecarily mean that it's going to be faithful, no matter what they say. For one, they have already made changes that will inevitably lead to more changes.

Anyway. The trailer looks fantastic, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll enjoy it better this way.

ShadyCroft
22-04-09, 15:05
What's with the all obsession with "zomg they are not faithful to the books". I think it's time to understand that films are never 100% faithful to the books. And that's good because if you just simply copy everything from to the book the film, you will get a hot mess.
Films and books are two completely different things.

Also, imo the 6th book was filled with unnecessary stuff, so the more they cut it, the better.

When they remove important parts from the books and actually waste afew precious minutes over-doing a scene such as the dragon part and actually make Harry fall off of his broom and slide down a Hogwarts tower roof and spending two minutes grabbing and clutching to get to his broom and Hermione's useless screaming "Your wand, Harry! Use your wand!" when she's not the champion and person tested, of course I'll get mad.

All Harry did was try to make the dragon get off the ground, and when he knew the horntail was too clingy to move aside, he teased her and made her raging and rose up higher and then she followed and then he quickly sped down and grabbed the egg.
He didn't fly out off the closure, around the towers and fell off his broom and slid down a roof and spent minutes hanging there to get back to his broom...they wanted to make "ooooh looks so stunning" with effects and stuff and forgot how a time wasting and unnecessary that was..and also so unrealistic.
Yes, Harry Potter is already unrealistic with the whole magic thing, but this is one thing and its another thing making a 14 year old hanging off high distances off the ground and act all Superman.

I'd give more examples, but I only watched the 4th and 5th movie twice along time ago, I don't remember much.

telcontar
22-04-09, 15:11
^There's nothing superman-like when someone hangs from the roof. And he did nothing extraodinary that the Harry from the books couldn't do. The whole scene lasted 4 something minutes, which would be probably a couple minutes longer than if they did it exactly like in the book. We have two extra minutes and 3 years of fans whining because of those two minutes.

ShadyCroft
22-04-09, 15:15
^^ Well, you know the saying...time is essential & every minute counts. ;)

And btw, am not whining. :) I generally prefer books over their movies , its just preference. Let them do whatever they want to do with the Harry Potter movies. I'm over it all already and don't really care.

telcontar
22-04-09, 15:26
^ Yeap, but there are no minutes in books. And I love the books as well (except the 6th one), but I prefer judging movies from neutral point of view.

To get a good film adaptation, you don't have to copy every unnecessary detail from the book. Ask Peter Jackson. :)

ShadyCroft
22-04-09, 16:06
Of course you should, we all should as well. Movies are different than books and vice versa. But do understand that a person who did not read the Harry Potter books would not understand Ootp. They simply did not do the Prophecy justice. None of my friends or family read the books and when the watched the movie they all had tons of questions.

Who made the prophecy ?
Why was it in that room in the ministry ?
And other questions.

Of course you'd miss those details because you already know the answers. I watched the HP5 movie the second time from a non-fan perspective.
I just watched it, putting aside all I know from books, and simply wrote down what was mentioned one minute after another. Too many things were left that really raise questions.

And I don't need to ask Peter Jackson. :p I read all Lord of the Rings books and watched all movies and I understand what you said.

And I see we agree on one thing, that the 6th book is not our fav. Dunno why, I guess the too much random romance stuff really irked me, probably cause I don't have a boyfriend or anything and that just ticked me off.
But Harry's and Dumbledore's lessons where they discussed Voldemort's past were absolutely my favorite parts. It put so many pieces together.

Lavinder
27-04-09, 21:12
Vw3HBxonHVw

Just watch it.