PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Dingaling
27-04-09, 21:17
The thing about the prophecy - and this is coming from someone who hasn't read the books - that it did it in enough detail. Sure there was questions but are they necessary or are they not? I can't say because I haven't read the books but the film explained all that I needed to know to be able to carry the plot. Professor Trelawney (sp?) made a prophecy, it got stored in the special room (which I assumed was the Prophecy Room or similar) and Harry and co. wanted to know what it was.

I don't know if anything else is needed for the future films but to me, I got all I needed to know from it and that was it.

That's just me though. My mum and auntie seemed to have got it fine.

AnyHOO... Daniel, Emma and RUpert are getting a reverse Benjamin Button treatment: Story (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090427/ten-harry-potter-stars-get-benjamin-butt-c60bd6d.html)

ShadyCroft
27-04-09, 21:31
^^ I don't remember Trelawney being mentioned in the movies as one who the made the Prophecy.

Well, maybe there is information to make you understand, but there are some really fine details.

Why is it all of a sudden this Prophecy appeared, and why all of a sudden is Voldemort interested in it ?

And the finer question is, how did Voldemort know about the Prophecy ? Its protected in the Ministry and the people work there (Unspeakable) do not speak anything of the Department of Mysteries. My sister wondered, how did Voldemort know about it ?

peeves
27-04-09, 21:37
Here at a certain point in the trailer the part with everyone lighting their wands to get rid of the dark mark you can see behind a few people dan radcliffe crying. 36Kl4eIUZIU
It's at 1:37

Dingaling
27-04-09, 21:38
She isn't? Didn't Dumbleydore mention her? Now I'm wondering why I think Trelawney made the prophecy :/.

There are finer details but it's not necessary to the plot and it doesn't make it any less understandable, at least, to me. The other questions don't really affect the plot, we've got everything to make the story work. Put them in you get some extra information but take them out and you aren't taking away anything that makes the story not understandable. Answering the questions would help but are by no means necessary to the plot (of the film anyway).

Btw, does the book answer those questions? Because I want to know the answers now :p.

Rivendell
27-04-09, 21:46
I don't think the film mentioned that Trelawny made the prophecy. But you're right, she did. :tmb:

Voldemort knew about the prophecy because Snape (at that point a Death Eater) overheard Trelawny making part of the prophecy then ran off to tell Voldemort - who went and tried to kill Harry. When a prophecy is made, the record of it is stored in the Hall of Prophecy.

The reason he wanted it in OotP was because he only heard part of it, and wanted to hear all of it. :tmb:

ShadyCroft
27-04-09, 21:49
I cannot say whether they're dead on important or not. I know them, so I really cant say. But my sister wondered about these questions, and don't forget, you may have understood most things, but others nitpick the story and actually rate the movie or novel based on these fine details.

And for me, the answers to these questions are quite worth knowing. More understanding is always better than just understanding, isn't it ? ;)

Voldemort wanted the Prophecy because he wanted to hear it, know its contents again and makes sure he didn't miss a single thing.

You see, back in the dark days, Snape was one of Voldemort's spies. He was spying on Trelawney and Dumbledore in the Hogs Head inn the night she made the prophecy. Unfortunately for him he was caught by the innkeeper and kicked out before he got the whole Prophecy, so he passed on half information to Voldemort.
Its quite important to know that Snape worked for Voldemort and passed on information seeing as a big part of books 6 and 7 (especially 6) is about Harry suspecting once again of Snape, and Snape being sort of the center of events. Heck, he's in the film's title. ;)

Voldemort couldn't kill Harry in HP1, HP2 and HP4. He couldn't touch him, and so he thought he was missing something and that's why he was after the Prophecy.

Also, if he knew about, why didn't he get it himself ? Why trick Harry to go there ?
Because only the person about whom the Prophecy is can lift it up from its place. ;)

Rivendell
27-04-09, 21:51
Vw3HBxonHVw

Just watch it.

Lol! Their other HP video is hilarious, can't post it though because they say a swear. :(

Dingaling
27-04-09, 21:52
Thanks Riv :).

Have you guys at any part discussed this and that's how I've picked up on who made it? Or maybe I read it somewhere else. Or maybe my super brain of deduction figured it out from Prof. T. making prophecies in the third film?

Yeah, that was it! The latter reason is the answer :D.

It isn't really

And for me, the answers to these questions are quite worth knowing. More understanding is always better than just understanding, isn't it ?

Yeah, I can agree on that :D. Though I still say that not every question is always essential but then again, more information is always good.

I knew Snape used to be a Death Eater and worked for Voldy (the third film mentions that) and thanks to you and Riv I now have the other little parts about how Voldy knew about it :hug:. I knew only a person that's in a prophecy can touch it but was that mentioned in the film or have I picked that up in passing again?

ShadyCroft
27-04-09, 21:53
^^ Its that bad, Chris ?

I honestly cannot wait to see them (hopefully) include Mrs.Weasly fine phrase in HP7. :jmp:

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU *****!!!"

2 of my favorite characters face to face ! :jmp:

Rivendell
27-04-09, 21:54
^ Man, I can't WAIT to see that. They have to include it!

Mike: You might have subconsciously recognised Emma Thompson's voice from the film, she's voice that comes from the prophecy! :D

Rai
27-04-09, 22:40
What I don't quite understand is, Trelawney clearly relates the story to Harry and how she recognised Snape when he interrupted her interview. She would have been half way through telling the prophecy at the time, so how can she remember if she was in a trance like state? She didn't know she'd made the prophecy, she thought the interview had simply continued. How could Snape have only heard the first half then? Or did he hear all of it but chose only to tell Voldy the first half? Am I missing or forgetting something?

Also I don't understand how Voldy couldn't take the prophecy himself either. The prophecy concerns him too, remember, so why not just take it if he knew this?

The trailer is good, but I'm tired of trailers now, can't wait for the real deal.

Oh and they had better keep in Molly and Bella's duel!:mis:

peeves
28-04-09, 20:22
Will Dan Radcliffe have detention in the Half-Blood Prince movie?

Nerd For Life
28-04-09, 20:35
No idea, peeves.

Ada the Mental
28-04-09, 20:37
What I don't quite understand is, Trelawney clearly relates the story to Harry and how she recognised Snape when he interrupted her interview. She would have been half way through telling the prophecy at the time, so how can she remember if she was in a trance like state? She didn't know she'd made the prophecy, she thought the interview had simply continued. How could Snape have only heard the first half then? Or did he hear all of it but chose only to tell Voldy the first half? Am I missing or forgetting something?
Well she'd remember what happened immediately after she snapped out of the trance. According to her there was a "commotion" and the door opened and the barman was standing outside with Snape. Aberforth caught Snape in the middle of his eavesdroping and there must have been some stuggle that distracted Snapey enough to prevent him from hearing the rest of the prophecy.

Also I don't understand how Voldy couldn't take the prophecy himself either. The prophecy concerns him too, remember, so why not just take it if he knew this?
He could take the prophecy. He just didn't want to waltz into the Ministry of Magic. He was laying low at the time.

Nerd For Life
28-04-09, 20:43
If I recall correctly, I think Trelawney didn't remember she was making a prophecy, when she was being interviewed by Dumbledore. I think she was telling this to Harry, how she was in the middle of a job interview with Dumbledore, and she told him they were rudely interrupted by Snape. And then Harry suddently leaves her and he goes to the Headmaster's office.

Also, giggling @ "waltz into the Ministry of Magic" :p

peeves
30-04-09, 00:27
Well they might not give him detention in the Half-Blood Prince movie well maybe that part is cut.

telcontar
01-05-09, 17:03
New posters. http://www.cinematical.com/photos/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-banners/1528325/

I like them, especially the Hermione one ;D

ShadyCroft
01-05-09, 18:29
They're nice, but I don't really care about posters. I want and wish for the movie to be badass....here's hoping :o

Thanks for sharing btw, telcontar ! :tmb:

And yes, I agree with Nerd For Life. Trelawney only remembered the interview and that they were interrupted and that she felt she was getting dizzy and hot or something.
The book says that at that part Harry was listening carefully because he knew what was coming next (her making the prophecy), but she shocked him when she said instead "We were rudely interrupted by professor Snape".

As for why Voldy didn't get the Prophecy himself, I always thought because the Prophecy did not fully concern him. He was already a strong dark wizard. But the Prophecy was about "The one"..someone who'll be able to defeat the dark lord, so in the Prophecy, the boy (Harry) was emphasized more than Voldemort, thus it concerned him MORE.
Also, Voldemort wanting to lay is a valid reason, and makes more sense.

But good questions, Rai!!! :tmb:

Rai
01-05-09, 18:39
Well she'd remember what happened immediately after she snapped out of the trance. According to her there was a "commotion" and the door opened and the barman was standing outside with Snape. Aberforth caught Snape in the middle of his eavesdroping and there must have been some stuggle that distracted Snapey enough to prevent him from hearing the rest of the prophecy.

I guess that makes sense. I guess I just got confused by the fact that Snape only heard the first half. But he would have been distracted by Aberforth and Sybil would have noticed the commotion once she'd finished the prophecy, which wasn't that long after all. Thanks. :)

Lee croft
01-05-09, 18:44
i used to like harry potter but now its like old.....and the same thing over and over

Nerd For Life
02-05-09, 19:57
And yes, I agree with Nerd For Life. Trelawney only remembered the interview and that they were interrupted and that she felt she was getting dizzy and hot or something.
The book says that at that part Harry was listening carefully because he knew what was coming next (her making the prophecy), but she shocked him when she said instead "We were rudely interrupted by professor Snape".

As for why Voldy didn't get the Prophecy himself, I always thought because the Prophecy did not fully concern him. He was already a strong dark wizard. But the Prophecy was about "The one"..someone who'll be able to defeat the dark lord, so in the Prophecy, the boy (Harry) was emphasized more than Voldemort, thus it concerned him MORE.
Also, Voldemort wanting to lay is a valid reason, and makes more sense.

Thanks -- I was afraid I was saying non-sense but good to know I recalled correctly. :)

Nerd For Life
03-05-09, 14:22
Sorry for double posting but this is amazing :vlol:

http://thefifthdistrict.com/potter/

ShadyCroft
03-05-09, 14:29
Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, Potter, ....Snape, Snape...

:hea: Its irritating !! Funny, but irritating !

Nerd For Life
03-05-09, 14:41
Haha :vlol: Sorry.

Rai
03-05-09, 14:43

I've seen that before, but it is still funny. :vlol:

Nerd For Life
03-05-09, 14:50
It's mesmerising. :D

peeves
08-05-09, 01:24
Well less than 10 weeks til the new movie's out.

touchthesky
13-05-09, 09:25
Just had to share this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article2426210.ece

Big spoilers for book/film seven so if you've not read it and don't want to be spoiled don't click :).

So sad though, eh :(.

Carbonek_0051
13-05-09, 09:30
Just had to share this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article2426210.ece

Big spoilers for book/film seven so if you've not read it and don't want to be spoiled don't click :).

So sad though, eh :(.

OMG that was sort of depressing, no doubt I'll cry at that scene. I cried in the book when Dolby died.:(

Thanks for the info Vicky.:tmb:

peeves
13-05-09, 12:07
You can see dan radcliffe crying in picture 2. So he cries in the last 4 films of the 7 movies.

touchthesky
16-05-09, 15:57
Is this Bill :S?

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/gallery/Harry-Potter/?image=60271

And who is this;

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/gallery/Harry-Potter/?image=60274

?

Rai
16-05-09, 17:15
^ The top pic is of Bill. The second looks like Luna, she is wearing her raddish earrings.

I'm so glad the film is keeping the scene with Dobby's death. It was soo sad in the book, I hope the film does it justice. It looks like it does.

Ada the Mental
23-05-09, 22:10
Long, red hair. Has to be Bill. When did they even cast him?
Shell Cottage (http://i39.************/10z4kd2.jpg) looks just lovely, by the way.

http://i42.************/2u55lcl.jpg

:mad:

Lavinder
21-06-09, 17:34
I've been re-reading through the Harry Potter books, and I'm experiencing the oddest thing - I actually quite fancy Draco Malfoy :p. Maybe I'm going through the bad guy stage.

ClassicCroft
21-06-09, 20:33

OMG! XD , LOWL! X] :jmp::vlol:

Shark_Blade
22-06-09, 01:39
*screams* It never stops!!! XD
And where's Hermione? :p

_Tomb_Raider
22-06-09, 10:05
Is movie out...I was planning to see it....

touchthesky
22-06-09, 10:09
Not yet..Few more weeks :) July 15th.

peeves
27-06-09, 00:54
18 days til the new movie. I'm gonna see it on opening day.

touchthesky
28-06-09, 21:15
Just found out am meeting The twins, & Goyle next month.

:jmp:

elizard_9594
28-06-09, 21:32
i just re-read the last harry potter book for the 9th time and now am re-reading the goblet of fire.

Lavinder
28-06-09, 21:38
Just found out am meeting The twins, & Goyle next month.

Cool! :D Didn't the actor for Goyle or Crabbe get caught with crack?

touchthesky
28-06-09, 21:52
Cool! :D Didn't the actor for Goyle or Crabbe get caught with crack?

I think that was Crabbe xD?

There are other HP guests but theyre boring :/ Hannah Abbott and Fleurs sister.

Lara Fan 4Life
28-06-09, 21:58
Your meeting them! Where, may I ask? :D

touchthesky
28-06-09, 22:00
Your meeting them! Where, may I ask? :D

London film and comic con.

I keep mentioning this event xD. I am soo excited though.

Am also meeting Keeley Hawes, Edward Furlong, Twilight guests...ah.

:hug:

Lara Fan 4Life
28-06-09, 22:04
Sounds amazing. Hope you have a wonderful time, touchthesky. :)

elizard_9594
28-06-09, 22:38
ooh! sounds awesome! hope you have a great time!

Lavinder
28-06-09, 22:45
Nearly finished reading the whole series again - just got to the part where Fred dies :(.

Ada the Mental
03-07-09, 16:57
^ I haven't read the series again since DH (I used to read them once a year). It's definitely time to pick them up again.

HBP Sneak Peek (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=59840897) :jmp:

Greyback! :jmp:

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the way Helena plays Bella? Not sure how to explain it, I think she comes across as too giggly and silly. Bellatrix in the books seemed to take herself way too seriously. I just pictured her a different kind of crazy.

robm_2007
03-07-09, 17:07
i just re-read the last harry potter book for the 9th time and now am re-reading the goblet of fire.

wait, are you seroius? 9 times, or are you overexagerrating?

Nitro Typhoon
03-07-09, 18:24
^ I haven't read the series again since DH (I used to read them once a year). It's definitely time to pick them up again.

HBP Sneak Peek (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=59840897) :jmp:

Greyback! :jmp:

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the way Helena plays Bella? Not sure how to explain it, I think she comes across as too giggly and silly. Bellatrix in the books seemed to take herself way too seriously. I just pictured her a different kind of crazy.

Actually, I think she plays her perfectly :D

In some parts of the books, she talks to some people like Harry and Neville (?) in a sort of teasing, childish way, so I think they're just trying to show this in the film.

Shark_Blade
03-07-09, 18:57
I hope Bellatrix will kill some people, cook them into meatpies and sell them in a baker shop. Helena is just amazing innit?:cln::p

Lara Fan 4Life
03-07-09, 19:01
That scene that you posted Ada the Mental, wasn't in the sixth book, was it? I've just read the book and don't remember reading about that scene? Or is it just an added scene to the movie?

ClassicCroft
03-07-09, 19:03
That scene that you posted Ada the Mental, wasn't in the sixth book, was it? I've just read the book and don't remember reading about that scene? Or is it just an added scene to the movie?

Yeah i think it,s added, i can,t rember that 2:confused:

VonCroy360
03-07-09, 20:52
That seems like a nice scene. :)

I'll probably start re-reading the whole series later this summer. I thought about doing it now, but then I'd spend the whole time watching HBP thinking what's the difference and what was removed from the book lol.

touchthesky
03-07-09, 20:55
Ace!

Love it.

:D

Cannot wait for this film.

This month!!!

Rivendell
04-07-09, 10:58
I can't wait to see the film, but..

The more I read about it (reviews, in particular) the more I feel like they completely missed the point, the feel and the tone of the HBP story. :( I have a feeling it's going to be my least favourite book-film conversion of the series. Which is a shame, seeing as it's my favourite book.

So many places say that it's much lighter and funnier than previous installments, that it's focussing more on their love-lives than, uh, HELLO, the dark story of Voldemort's past and how he became Voldemort. The more I read that, the less I actually want to see the film.

telcontar
04-07-09, 12:25
I can't wait to see the film, but..

The more I read about it (reviews, in particular) the more I feel like they completely missed the point, the feel and the tone of the HBP story. :( I have a feeling it's going to be my least favourite book-film conversion of the series. Which is a shame, seeing as it's my favourite book.

So many places say that it's much lighter and funnier than previous installments, that it's focussing more on their love-lives than, uh, HELLO, the dark story of Voldemort's past and how he became Voldemort. The more I read that, the less I actually want to see the film.

Which basically means that they stayed true to the book. It was filled with raging teen hormones and quidditch excitement while Voldemort was free, and these people are scared to call him by his name...
The whole Voldemort's backstory can be shown in 1-2 scenes, so all left to show is teen hormones and several mysterious events until the end (which saved the book).

Fdx Croft
04-07-09, 14:55
Woow... I haven't seen this thread before...

I've read all the books, but I don't consider myself a BIG fan... I just like it...

By the way, last week I went to the cinema, and I watched the HP6 trailer... I was like: Oh yeah! I remember that! Wait, when did that happen in the book? Good lord! Did you see that?

I was like a little kid bothering my friends... :p

So, when I got home, I took the book and I read again some parts because I had some doubts... Could please someone tell me: why is Bellatrix in Hogwarts the night of the fight? I have the book near and I don't see her name in that chapter... and is it me or the Weasley's house was set on fire in the trailer? Because I'm sure that never happens in The Half-Blood Prince... but knowing myself, I could be wrong... :p

Cheers everyone :hug:

Nitro Typhoon
04-07-09, 15:02
^ They added it in.

Rivendell
04-07-09, 15:58
It was filled with raging teen hormones and quidditch excitement while Voldemort was free

Yep, it was. But it also had a lot of different pieces of back story which have allegedly been cut straight out of the film, and all those flashbacks, all those murders, Horcruxing and whatnot - sliced, diced, and placed into one single flashback/memory. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif Some of them aren't even in there.

scion05
04-07-09, 16:06
You know, I'm only one book five... but I've just looked into Aunt Petunia's character, and knew all along that she wasn't THAT bad... :D

Rivendell
04-07-09, 16:54
First time through the books? :D Nah, there's more to them/her than surface value.

scion05
04-07-09, 17:29
First time through the books? :D Nah, there's more to them/her than surface value.

Yeah.

Harry Potter wiki my dear :whi:

Carbonek_0051
05-07-09, 10:27
So I have decided I am not excited for the film after reading this:

There are a number of changes from the book in the film. Much of the book's ending has been changed, with the climactic battle and Dumbledore's funeral being removed. Heyman commented that the end battle was removed to "(avoid) repetition" with the forthcoming adaptation of Deathly Hallows. The funeral was removed as it was believed it did not fit with the rest of the film. The collapse of a Muggle bridge mentioned briefly in the book serves as the film's opening sequence. Scenes of Diagon Alley being demolished by Death Eaters and an attack on the Burrow by Bellatrix Lestrange and werewolf Fenrir Greyback are added, as can be seen in the trailers. All but two of the memory scenes, including that of the Gaunts, have been cut. Only the flashbacks of Tom Riddle at the orphanage and Riddle asking Slughorn about Horcruxes, shown twice, remain. Yates said they made the decision to compress the memories, but still "got some really cool ones". Characters who are cut include the Dursleys, Kreacher, Dobby, Bill and Fleur, Rufus Scrimgeour, Cornelius Fudge and the Muggle Prime Minister. However, Quidditch, being excluded from the previous film, returns. Bellatrix Lestrange will also participate in the battle of the astronomy tower, whereas she did not in the book, as seen in a picture with the Carrows and Greyback, celebrating Dumbledore's death. In the book, on the Hogwarts Express, after he is paralysed and hidden under his Invisibility Cloak by Draco Malfoy, Harry is rescued by Nymphadora Tonks. In the film, Luna Lovegood saves him instead, using her Spectrespecs to find him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince_(film)#Differences_from_the_book

I officially don't like David Yates, he messed up OOTP for me, and now he's done it yet again. I wish Alfonso Cuarón would have done more HP films after The Prisoner of Azkaban seeing as that was the last good HP film.:(

TRULuverzz
05-07-09, 11:14
Im a BIG fan of harry potter and have watched all 5 films of the franchise, and i also have a few books on harry potter, 3, 4 and 5 :D

I cannot w8 to watch the 6th movie! :jmp:

VonCroy360
05-07-09, 11:39

I see that for the first time as well, but I can't say I was really excited for the film anyway - they weren't really faithful to the books since the beginning. But if it turns out that the only reason the memories were cut is to have more funny/romance/quidditch stuff, I think I'll be getting angry lol.
But hey, there's still hope they include some of that stuff in Hallows - it should be five hours long, they could find a place somewhere. :)

Carbonek_0051
05-07-09, 11:50
I see that for the first time as well, but I can't say I was really excited for the film anyway - they weren't really faithful to the books since the beginning. But if it turns out that the only reason the memories were cut is to have more funny/romance/quidditch stuff, I think I'll be getting angry lol.
But hey, there's still hope they include some of that stuff in Hallows - it should be five hours long, they could find a place somewhere. :)

I've been hearing that newer film is focused around the relationships and blah blah. Seriously if the mess up Deathly Hallows in any way then I will be extremely ****ed.:pi: The first two films were ok, POA was amazing, GOB sucked, OOTP was ok, and now THBP sounds just as bad as GOB. Is it so hard to make a good film off of a book? No, LOTR did wonderful IMO.:o I am still seeing this film because I am a devoted HP fan. Maybe there is a 10% chance I might actually like THBP but at this point I doubt it.:( Ok rant done, sorry.:p

Lara Fan 4Life
05-07-09, 11:54
Hallows is being split into two films so that they can fit everything in the book into the two films, which seems like a wise choice, as Hallows has a lot of scenes that need to be in the film. :D May I ask, who is directing Hallows? =]

Carbonek_0051, POA is also my favourite movie, but I also like OOTP mostly because I love the character Luna. :p

Carbonek_0051
05-07-09, 11:56
Hallows is being split into two films so that they can fit everything in the book into the two films, which seems like a wise choice, as Hallows has a lot of scenes that need to be in the film. :D May I ask, who is directing Hallows? =]

Carbonek_0051, POA is also my favourite movie, but I also like OOTP mostly because I love the character Luna. :p

David Yates is directing DH, which is why I am worried. I am aware they are splitting it into two films but I can't help but be skeptical.:o

OOTP was ok, I just felt the movie could have been longer. It was the shortest of all the films.:p

VonCroy360
05-07-09, 12:38
Order is my least favourite of the films and I can't even go into much detail why, since I haven't seen it for a long time, just because I remember not liking it. I guess it's mostly due to the fact that it goes too fast, like they're trying to squeeze as much as they can in it, but sometimes they come to a speed bump and a really long and overly slow discussion scene follows. I didn't think much of the final scenes either, especially that cheesy Harry-Voldie talk.
I liked Goblet, it was fun and still kept that threatening feeling, it's up there with Prisoner as my favourite of the films (it could be 'cause Goblet is my favourite book, though.)
:)

Carbonek_0051
05-07-09, 12:45
^Really? It was my least fav book.:p My order is:

POA
DH
THBP
SS
OOTP
COS
GOB

Films wise:

POA
OOTP
SS
COS
GOB

:p

VonCroy360
05-07-09, 12:49
^Really? It was my least fav book.:p My order is:

POA
DH
THBP
SS
OOTP
COS
GOB

Strangely enough, that would be my list exactly, except Goblet is #1 on mine. :pi:

Rivendell
05-07-09, 14:51
OOTP was ok, I just felt the movie could have been longer. It was the shortest of all the films.:p

Nah, PoA was at just over 2 hours. The rest have been around 2h 30m. :tmb:

The review you posted is just one of the many things I've read that make me groan in disappointment. :(

What I don't get is the reviews which say they removed the big battle at the end - yet D's death remains, and Harry's standoff with the HBP is in the trailer.

So what did they do? Just turn it into a chase scene culminating in Hagrid's hut going boom and "Coward!!" ?

VonCroy360
05-07-09, 15:04
The review you posted is just one of the many things I've read that make me groan in disappointment. :(
What I don't get is the reviews which say they removed the big battle at the end - yet D's death remains, and Harry's standoff with the HBP is in the trailer.
So what did they do? Just turn it into a chase scene culminating in Hagrid's hut going boom and "Coward!!" ?

Actually IMDb gives Prisoner 141 minutes, while Order is at 138 minutes, though I remember Order being longer as well for some reason.
And I imagine that the final battle will, sadly, but most likely look just like that. We'll probably get a half minute chase through the corridors with some students watching and I doubt the scene on the grounds will be much longer either. :rolleyes:

Catracoth
05-07-09, 15:06
Best thing about Harry Potter in my opinion:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z214/FutureMalfoy/malfoy.jpg

AmericanAssassin
05-07-09, 18:27

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince_(film)#Differences_from_the_book

I officially don't like David Yates, he messed up OOTP for me, and now he's done it yet again. I wish Alfonso Cuarón would have done more HP films after The Prisoner of Azkaban seeing as that was the last good HP film.:(

Oh. My. God. The Half-Blood Prince is my second favorite book in the series and that sounds awful. Why change perfection? Ugh! This is horrible news. If this sucks, I'll have no hope. I didn't really like the seventh book that much, so this is the last time I get to be excited anyway. :(

Lara Fan 4Life
05-07-09, 18:33
David Yates is directing DH, which is why I am worried. I am aware they are splitting it into two films but I can't help but be skeptical.:o
I dislike David Yates. :( I feel he concentrates on aspects that aren't need to be concentrated on. I though the OOTP was a good film, but seemed rushed, but that could have been the length.

AmericanAssassin
05-07-09, 18:34
^ The fact that the longest book in the series (OOTP) was made into the shortest movie was ridiculous. It was beyond rushed. :(

TombRaiderLover
05-07-09, 18:35
What I find interesting, VonCroy360, is that you criticise Order for squeezing so much in and moving too quickly, yet your favourite of the films is Goblet of Fire, which does just this. It's a great film, but by far the most disjointed film I've seen, with unnecessary scenes feeling dragged out and more interesting scenes being cut abruptly. I'm not bashing you at all, just making an observation. :p

My favourite of the films is Prisoner of Azkaban, and my favourite of the books is possibly The Half-Blood Prince, though I can't help but worry about how much will be cut in the adaptation.

ShadyCroft
05-07-09, 18:51
I'm probably the only one HBP is not their favorite book. The only parts I liked are the flashbacks of Voldemort's life.

I hated the relationships and random romantic stuff and new characters that were thrown and never heard about again.

4 YEARS they've know each other and all of a sudden Lavinder fancies Ron too much ?! I get the fact teenagers get crushes and sudden feelings and stuff, but that was so sudden and random. The book didn't even introduce it properly.
There they were, walking down to the Quidditch pitch, then they hear giggling and out of nowhere its Lavinder looking at Ron with interest.

Also, Romilda Vane ? Zabini ? McGlaggen ? Has anyone heard their whereabouts at the end of the book or even the 7th book ?
No, they were thrown in for random romance stuff and that's it.

These are some of the reasons I thought HBP was weak. The Voldemort and Horcruxes parts were the best, simply genius and made up for the rest of it.
I thought JKR wanted to explain about the HBP, Voldemort and all that in that book, but didn't know what to fill in in between.

And seeing as the movie will concentrate on my least favorite part, I think I'll skip it.
Or maybe watch JUST because its HP.

telcontar
05-07-09, 19:16
^ I feel the same.

VonCroy360
05-07-09, 19:28
What I find interesting, VonCroy360, is that you criticise Order for squeezing so much in and moving too quickly, yet your favourite of the films is Goblet of Fire, which does just this. It's a great film, but by far the most disjointed film I've seen, with unnecessary scenes feeling dragged out and more interesting scenes being cut abruptly. I'm not bashing you at all, just making an observation. :p

I didn't feel that way with Goblet at all, except for the beginning maybe (the world cup scenes). I think the tasks are nicely shown and aren't boring at all and I like the idea of keeping the events between them short, just to connect the tasks and the finale offcourse, which should be the center of the storyline imo. The only things I think should have been done differently considering length are the world cup and the Yule Ball, which I thought dragged on too much. That's just my opinion, but then again, it's probably influenced by it being my favourite book, so I might forgive it something I wouldn't like in other movies.

TombRaiderLover
05-07-09, 19:41
I didn't feel that way with Goblet at all, except for the beginning maybe (the world cup scenes). I think the tasks are nicely shown and aren't boring at all and I like the idea of keeping the events between them short, just to connect the tasks and the finale offcourse, which should be the center of the storyline imo. The only things I think should have been done differently considering length are the world cup and the Yule Ball, which I thought dragged on too much. That's just my opinion, but then again, it's probably influenced by it being my favourite book, so I might forgive it something I wouldn't like in other movies.

Oh, I definitely agree about the beginning. They went through, what, six chapters in the first few minutes?! Another problem I have with the film is the fact that it's so ugly. Every time I think about the film, I'm reminded of the blurred and pale cinematography. The fact that Robert Pattinson and David Tennant are in it doesn't help matters either.

VonCroy360
05-07-09, 20:05
Oh, I definitely agree about the beginning. They went through, what, six chapters in the first few minutes?! Another problem I have with the film is the fact that it's so ugly. Every time I think about the film, I'm reminded of the blurred and pale cinematography. The fact that Robert Pattinson and David Tennant are in it doesn't help matters either.

Here's the GOF Fanboy speaking again, and that film is far from being ugly. :mad:
Prisoner is the best in that department imo and Goblet doesn't even come close, but it has it's moments - the second task and the third task being the highlights for me.

Has anyone made plans on when are they going to see HBP?
The official release date is the 23rd here, but usually the largest theaters have two or three pre-premiere shows a week early, so hopefully I'll be fast and get my tickets for that. :)

Carbonek_0051
05-07-09, 22:58

We're both wrong.:p They are about the same length, I just looked on the back of all my HP movie boxes for the length it goes:

SS - 152 minutes
COS - 161 minutes
POA - 142 minutes
GOF - 157 minutes
OOTP - 139 minutes

It's only a few minutes shorter than POA.:p But POA fit more from the book than the others did. The book was 435 pages long, while OOTP was 870 pages long. They should have fit much more in OOTP, and made it longer.:p But about everything else you said, that's what worries me. The battles was one of my favorite parts from the book, as was the furneral seeing as it was a very emotional scene for me.:o

@VonCroy360: I actually agree with TombRaiderLover, GOF was the ugliest of the films in term of cinematography. I think POA had amazing cinematography that captured the books dark tone. OOTP comes in second in terms of that.:)

Ada the Mental
06-07-09, 00:12
What I liked about the OotP movie is that although they cut a whole lot of stuff there were at least many little references scattered here and there that only those who read the books would get. Anyway, imo, it's definitely better than GoF.

Has anyone made plans on when are they going to see HBP?
The official release date is the 23rd here, but usually the largest theaters have two or three pre-premiere shows a week early, so hopefully I'll be fast and get my tickets for that. :)

They're releasing it on August 27th here. :hea:
I probably won't wait until then.

Rivendell
07-07-09, 18:27
This isn't a bad preview. :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a163808/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince.html

Even though it contains much of the same, it puts a more positive spin on it and was obviously written by a HP book fan.

" .. .. what we do see in a couple of flashbacks is creepily mesmerising, with both the young and teenage Voldemort’s delivering disturbingly stellar performances. The immeasurably watchable Rickman triumphs as always with his sneering, terrifying Snape, while the criminally underused Bonham Carter shines again in her no-holds-barred portrayal of the frankly insane Bellatrix, capped by an epic scene in which she violates a certain Potter institution that we’ve come to know and love. Special kudos must also go to Felton, whose Draco is given the chance to escape his schoolboy-bully caricature and embrace a truly sinister, deeply conflicted antihero, climaxing in an utterly fabulous sectumsempra showdown with Radcliffe.

Ada the Mental
07-07-09, 18:53
^ while the importance of Snape’s new job and the Half-Blood Prince himself are surprisingly relegated to fleeting plot points.
Oh, great. :p

Some horrible posters:
http://i27.************/2u8b9cm.jpg
http://i27.************/6jemf5.jpg
http://i29.************/wrninn.jpg
*cringes*

And a not horrible poster:
http://i32.************/zui2v6.jpg
*drools and looks for a bigger version*

touchthesky
07-07-09, 18:55
Tom Felton is looking hot hot hot!

I cant wait for this film.

I am off for the day it comes out so woop

ShadyCroft
07-07-09, 19:08
Does anybody get annoyed when they see those HP flash stuff around that say "When there's romance (a picture of Ron and Lavinder), there's jealousy (a picture of a nearly crying Hermione)" ?

:o

Dear God, the posters make it look like a Tim Burton's version of a teenage romantic chick flick.

-DaNnEe..
07-07-09, 19:45
OMG, I'm seeing it next Thursday. Already bought the tickets! :jmp:

peeves
07-07-09, 20:32
OMG, I'm seeing it next Thursday. Already bought the tickets! :jmp:

Isn't it too soon to buy tickets? I mean the film doesn't come out til next wednesday so i don't know what you're talking about. :confused: Tickets ain't available til opening day.
Well my favorite film of the first 5 movies is far by Goblet of Fire. It's just plain brilliant almost perfect i just like the things in that film music, triwizard tournament , amazing scenes and plots.

Rivendell
07-07-09, 21:28
^ You can pre-order tickets in advance, they've been on sale for about a week. :wve:

Lara Fan 4Life
08-07-09, 23:13
The movie is 153 minutes long you guys. :D Also, the early reviews of the film so far have been really positive, and saying that although scenes had to be cut out, the movie stays very close to the book. :jmp: Need to book some tickets. Even if it isn't great compared to the book, the movies are brilliant compared to other movies out there. =]

peeves
08-07-09, 23:21
The movie is 153 minutes long you guys. :D Also, the early reviews of the film so far have been really positive, and saying that although scenes had to be cut out, the movie stays very close to the book. :jmp: Need to book some tickets. Even if it isn't great compared to the book, the movies are brilliant compared to other movies out there. =]

Yeah so i guess the reason why it's PG is due to alot of parts being happy and not as serious as the book and there are very few serious parts in the movie such as malfoy in the bathroom and him attacking harry on the train and the climax with the cave and dumbledore's death and death eaters and one more attack at the burrow but that's it and it ain't nothin' compared to GoF and OotP.

Lara Fan 4Life
08-07-09, 23:26
God peeves, do you have to come into every thread and just post them pointless comments. Your just like the real Peeves the ghost in Harry Potter. I'm just saying what the reviews said. I'll save my judgement when I see the movie. A movie can be dark like the book and still be PG. It's not like there’s drugs, sex and gore on the books or movies.

OOTP was my least favourite movie, just felt rushed some in some parts and ended too fast. Anyways, save your judgement for the movie until you see it as well. :ohn:

peeves
08-07-09, 23:32
God peeves, do you have to come into every thread and just post them pointless comments. Your just like the real Peeves the ghost in Harry Potter. I'm just saying what the reviews said. I'll save my judgement when I see the movie. A movie can be dark like the book and still be PG. It's not like there’s drugs, sex and gore on the books or movies.

OOTP was my least favourite movie, just felt rushed some in some parts and ended too fast. Anyways, save your judgement for the movie until you see it as well. :ohn:

Well i didn't know it can be dark and still be PG but i'm not posting pointless comments and i didn't mean to do that sorry but the thing i don't get is GoF and OotP were PG-13.

Carbonek_0051
08-07-09, 23:52
A movie can be dark like the book and still be PG. It's not like there’s drugs, sex and gore on the books or movies.

Yeah except for the fact there is violence that is not PG level. Like the scene where Malfoy steps on Harry's face breaking his nose and making it bleed, and the spell Sectumsempra that makes a large gash in someone when used. Stuff like that would warrent a PG-13 rating. The book was more violent than the others, yet the movie is getting a lower rating then the previous two? That scares me a lot.

AmericanAssassin
09-07-09, 00:22
Yeah except for the fact there is violence that is not PG level. Like the scene where Malfoy steps on Harry's face breaking his nose and making it bleed, and the spell Sectumsempra that makes a large gash in someone when used. Stuff like that would warrent a PG-13 rating. The book was more violent than the others, yet the movie is getting a lower rating then the previous two? That scares me a lot.

Ugh. Don't remind me. :( I don't know what the hell to think about the rating. I wouldn't be surprised if HP7 was rated "G" after this. :p

Lara Fan 4Life
09-07-09, 10:46
But, isn't the scene with the spell Sectumsempra in the movie? I wonder how did they do it without getting a higher rating? I actually thought GOF and OOTP were rated PG, like HBP. My bad. :o But, they could still get the dark moody atmosphere that was in the book into the movie. Anyways, I'm still going to see it. :D

Origonal
09-07-09, 11:25
I'm going to see the new film next week :D x

Rivendell
09-07-09, 19:12
Some clips from the film here, spoilers though, obviously!

http://filter.start.no/film/4156

Lavinder
09-07-09, 19:22
I like them! I hate the fact that Emma Watson, Daniel and Rupert still seem to act shy and awkward on camera after so many films.

]{eith
09-07-09, 19:23
I started re-reading The Half Blood Prince in order to be ready for the film. I'd forgotten how much I love HP.

Nerd For Life
09-07-09, 19:24
{eith;3793620']I started re-reading The Half Blood Prince in order to be ready for the film. I'd forgotten how much I love HP.

:smk: How dare you!

]{eith
09-07-09, 19:26
:smk: How dare you!

Actually, let me clarify. I love the books, I love the stories, but I actually don't care for Harry the character. I think Harry Potter would be better without Harry. :p

TombRaiderLover
09-07-09, 19:27
Nice clips. The film's shaping up to look quite . . . atmospheric . . .

Nerd For Life
09-07-09, 19:27
LMAO, don't worry, I understood you. :p I think there are far more interesting characters in Harry Potter than Harry himself!

AmericanAssassin
09-07-09, 19:29
Bellatrix Lestrange is the shiz. :whi:

Nerd For Life
09-07-09, 19:31
Yes, she is!

Ada the Mental
09-07-09, 19:32
She's a badass psycho. But I'll never forgive her for killing certain people I liked more. :p

LOL. I don't have a problem with Harry, I like him all right, but really, he's just not the most interesting character in the series.

*goes to watch the clips*

:off: Hey, Nerd for Life, have I told you how much I love your avatar?

]{eith
09-07-09, 19:33
Bellatrix is my favourite character. I was more upset over her death than anyone elses at the end. Dumbledore? **** him!

Nerd For Life
09-07-09, 19:34
LOL. I don't have a problem with Harry, I like him all right, but really, he's just not the most interesting character in the series.

:off: Hey, Nerd for Life, have I told you how much I love your avatar?

Harry was such an annoying drama queen in OOTP. :p

Nope, but thank you. :D

{eith;3793668']Bellatrix is my favourite character. I was more upset over her death than anyone elses at the end. Dumbledore? **** him!

:eek:

Ron and Voldemort are my favourite characters. And Sirius, and Lupin. And Snape.

Lavinder
09-07-09, 19:37
Snape, Malfoy, Bellatrix and Ron are my favourite characters. Harry is just so ... Harry? Urgh. :p

Nerd For Life
09-07-09, 19:38
Harry is an attention seeker although he doesn't admit it. :p

]{eith
09-07-09, 19:39
It was sad and some of the deaths where like 'Wow' but no deaths were more depressing to me than Bellatrix's. I really wanted her to survive. I can't help, I loves da bad girls. :mis:

Hedwig's death was quite sad. That shows the kind of person I am. I don't really care about the heros, only an owl and a crazy *****. :D

Nerd For Life
09-07-09, 19:39
{eith;3793700']It was sad and some of the deaths where like 'Wow' but no deaths were more depressing to me than Bellatrix's. I really wanted her to survive. I can't help, I loves da bad girls. :mis:

Hedwig's death was quite sad. That shows the kind of person I am. I don't really care about the heros, only an owl and a crazy *****. :D

Hedwig's death was ****ing traumatising alright! :( And Mad Eye's...

AmericanAssassin
09-07-09, 19:42
Hedwig's death was ****ing traumatising alright! :( And Mad Eye's...

I didn't care about Mad Eye much. Hedwig, however, made me extremely sad. :(

Rivendell
09-07-09, 19:42
Bellatrix and Voldemort/Riddle are my faves. I'm one for the Dark Side, me. :D

Although saying that, DD's death in HBP made me cry my eyes out whilst reading - but nothing at all in DH moved me. I was miffed that a certain someone got killed ( 'Not my daughter, biatch!' ) but enjoyed the way it happened..

I think it was mostly just relief that neither Molly or Arthur got the chop - I didn't care for the rest of them!
I didn't particularly want the trio to die, though.

I'm still ****ed off about how Voldy bit the dust though. :pi:

]{eith
09-07-09, 19:45
Voldemort's death felt so anti-climactic to me. It was like, after all these years, that was it? It just felt empty. But I suppose that's just the way the cookie crumbled. If it was me writing, Voldy would have killed Harry and rose to ultimate power and then he would have been killed by Bellatrix who would go on to become Empress of the Cocking Universe so...:whi:

Lavinder
09-07-09, 19:46
Voldemort was an arse to be honest.

Luna and Ron FTW!

Ada the Mental
09-07-09, 19:48
My faves Sirius, Lupin, Dumbly, Bella, McGonagal. Probably more.

I bawled my eyes out when Sirius died. And I was most annoyed by Lupin's (and Tonks's) death in DH. Couldn't JKR have had Bill and Fleur have a stupid baby and then kill them if she wanted a book-end orphan so much?

Oh, I didn't mind Moody died so much as the fact that he died in an awesome way and we didn't get to see it. Honestly, with the off-screen (off-page?) deaths in DH.

]{eith
09-07-09, 19:49
I love McGonagal! :D

AmericanAssassin
09-07-09, 19:51
@ Ada: I agree about Lupin and Tonks. Their deaths alone make DH my least favorite book in the series. So unnecessary. :(

Rivendell
09-07-09, 19:52
My current WP:

http://i25.************/33ww2u1_th.jpg (http://i25.************/33ww2u1.jpg)

The thing most :o ... :cen: :mad: :( about how Voldy died for me was that it was .. well, crap. Literally - Harry just tried to disarm him, the AK curse bounced off and .. that was it.

Here's the guy who killed so many of Harry's friends and relatives - the cause of so much horror and suffering - and here he is trying to kill Harry, again, and the best Harry can muster is Expelliarmus?

:yik:
I felt robbed. I still do.

Can't wait to see the Nurmengard scene though.

ClassicCroft
09-07-09, 19:53
♥♥ tom riddle ♥♥ =]

Ada the Mental
09-07-09, 19:55
Yeah, the brand new definition of anti-climatic. In retrospect, Deathly Hallows was a big disappointment in general.

@ Ada: I agree about Lupin and Tonks. Their deaths alone make DH my least favorite book in the series. So unnecessary. :(
It positively depressed me. Then I went and read a lot of fan fiction about it and got even more depressed.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-09, 19:55
The film is scheduled for release on UK DVD and Blu-Ray December 7th (http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id/71040/warner-dvdblu-ray-schedule-sneak-peek.html). Talk about planning ahead.

Rivendell
09-07-09, 19:56
I can't believe I've still only read DH once! :eek:
I've read all the others at least 3 times. It's not because I didn't enjoy it - I did, overall - it's just because I want to have read all the others again before I get to it. I've just not got around to doing that yet.

AmericanAssassin
09-07-09, 19:59
I've only read DH once as well. However, that's because I personally found it boring. I just don't like it. :(

Nerd For Life
09-07-09, 20:28
I've read DH twice, I think. I try not to read it too often because it depresses me.

touchthesky
09-07-09, 21:08
Boyfriend just gave me my first ticket..Woop. Gonna go see it at 1pm as well though..

http://i26.************/2144ax2.jpg

:cln:

-DaNnEe..
09-07-09, 21:40
^ Lmfao. Let's hope you like the movie then! xD

touchthesky
09-07-09, 21:42
It doesn't really matter, check the price of the ticket xD.

Even if I hate it it's a dry place to sit :P..I could sleep, too! I slept through T:ROTF the other day. :o

Tombraiderx08
09-07-09, 21:47
i feel terrible, ive tried to read like 3 of them, and they never kept my interest XD

AmericanAssassin
09-07-09, 21:52
^ I looooove J.K. Rowling's style of writing. She can pull of serious moments and humor. Unlike Stephenie Meyer. :whi: :p ;)

]{eith
09-07-09, 21:53
Unlike Stephenie Meyer. :whi: :p ;)

Who? :mis:

Lara Fan 4Life
09-07-09, 21:54
I very much dislike the way Stephenie Meyer goes into TOO much detail in one little thing. I’ve only read bits of the first Twilight book, but found the endless things being described very boring. Might have only been me, though.

Nerd For Life
09-07-09, 21:54
Lmao, JKR pwnz SMeyer's arse any day.

Tombraiderx08
09-07-09, 23:24
id love to get into a steph vs jk but thats not the meaning of this thread, i found her books funny at times :p i have the first harry potter book somewhere... i should try reading it again (havent tried reading anything harry potter in like 5 years)

Shark_Blade
10-07-09, 09:55
I've played the game for Half Blood Prince, finished it in one day in mere 3 hours+.

My God the game was dreadful and Ginny's hair is like a stiff wood, spiky and erect all the time! Sometimes Dumbledore mouth didn't open. The story is very predictable though (well duh' I read the book! Doh.)

I think I will post a thread regarding this awful game in the game forum. GoF still reign the worst game in the series, but HBP comes on second worse which is quite an impressive achievement considering the game was delayed for half a year along with the movie!

Rivendell
10-07-09, 13:34
^ I decided last night I'll give the HBP game a miss, along with the GoF one. As soon as I heard 'scaled down sandbox' I thought - nah.

My mum just told me she's read there's "two versions" of HBP. A pg and an 18 rated one.
Anyone heard that? :confused:

I suggested that some cinemas require you to be 18+ if you go and see a film after, for example, 10pm.
... Maybe?

Maybe she just totally misread it. :p

john_york
10-07-09, 13:38
Wootzorz! My Imax 3-D showing tickets arrived today! :jmp: :jmp:

tombraiderluka
10-07-09, 13:38
Can't wait for a movie!!! I've never read HP books, well except this one xD I own HP7 and I'll be sure to read it before the last movie.
The trailers are amazing!

Rivendell
10-07-09, 13:41
Wootzorz! My Imax 3-D showing tickets arrived today! :jmp: :jmp:

*Glares*

.. Jealous, I am.

I'm trying to book mine now, having such hassle with my card.

Ada the Mental
10-07-09, 14:02
I'm so not jealous you, guys, are going to see the movie on a huge-ass screen in just a few days. Really.

telcontar
10-07-09, 14:04
I think I will post a thread regarding this awful game in the game forum.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=151880 :p

Rivendell
10-07-09, 17:09
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/WhatsNew/Apparel/Harry-Potter-Bellatrix-Wanted-TShirt-2XL-251569.jsp

Nerd For Life
10-07-09, 17:50
^ I decided last night I'll give the HBP game a miss, along with the GoF one. As soon as I heard 'scaled down sandbox' I thought - nah.

My mum just told me she's read there's "two versions" of HBP. A pg and an 18 rated one.
Anyone heard that? :confused:

I suggested that some cinemas require you to be 18+ if you go and see a film after, for example, 10pm.
... Maybe?

Maybe she just totally misread it. :p

That's weird I never heard anything about that :eek: Let us know if you find something out.

I'm so not jealous you, guys, are going to see the movie on a huge-ass screen in just a few days. Really.

When is it coming out in Greece?

Jolf
10-07-09, 17:53
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/WhatsNew/Apparel/Harry-Potter-Bellatrix-Wanted-TShirt-2XL-251569.jsp

I'm so glad she dies!

Ada the Mental
10-07-09, 17:54

I want it! :jmp:

When is it coming out in Greece?
August 25th. :(
They keep doing this with every summer big film. Apparently, they think that movies tend to bomb here in July/early-August because everyone is on vacation.

Nerd For Life
10-07-09, 17:55
:eek: Holy... I'm sorry :hug:

Jolf
10-07-09, 17:57
I want it! :jmp:

August 25th. :(
They keep doing this with every summer big film. Apparently, they think that movies tend to bomb here in July/early-August because everyone is on vacation.

Shame:(

In Sweden the premier is 15th of june and I'm going:jmp:

Rivendell
10-07-09, 17:59

I'm so glad she dies!

:smk:

She will live on forever in our hearts... :p

Nerd For Life
10-07-09, 18:07
She was a good character!

Ada the Mental
10-07-09, 18:09
It's okay. I'm sure I'll find a way to watch it. :whi: Legal, of course. Or not.

:smk:

She will live on forever in our hearts... :p
She got OWNED by a (badass) housewife with seven children. Suck on that! :p
Molly Weasley FTW!

SGRaider
10-07-09, 18:12

That's great! She's one of my fav chars! :D
Just showed it to my friend, she wants one so bad. :vlol:

Rivendell
11-07-09, 17:53
Making of HBP - ITV1 in 5 minutes. :wve:

]{eith
11-07-09, 17:55
Damnit! I don't have ITV1. Stupid Irish Sky. A thousand of Britain's crappiest stations, and not ITV1. :mad:

Shark_Blade
11-07-09, 18:34
4 more days till show time here...:D After the dreadful let down by Transformers2, I'm looking forward for HBP . Been missing Hermione for 2 years now. :p

Nerd For Life
11-07-09, 18:55
GOT MY TICKETS!!! Very excited, I got the best seat. :D

Rivendell
11-07-09, 19:24
I booked mine the other day, right bang-smack in the middle of the cinema. :D

-DaNnEe..
11-07-09, 19:26
I'm so excited. I cannot wait until next week! :jmp:

Nerd For Life
11-07-09, 19:26
Yeah, same! I got lucky because I was the first one to buy tickets for it. I'm surprised they're selling them so early, though, it's not usual, but still great. :D

TR93
11-07-09, 21:12
Need to so it...Need to see it...NOOW!!!!:p lol

Half Blood Prince looks really good, Even though I havent read the book I really want to see it...ws watching Behind the scenes stuff on ITV tonight...looks sooo awesome!!!:jmp:!

ClassicCroft
11-07-09, 21:32
I can,t wait! I wanna see it new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]

Rivendell
12-07-09, 18:57
IGN's review of What's in and out - from Book to Film (http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/100/1002604p1.html)

SGRaider
12-07-09, 19:11
I have no problems with the the Dursleys being out, but I don't know about the scene with the waitress. I hope they did it good. The attack is a good idea, I just loved how they made the fire.
After reading that i got more exited :jmp:, but I have to wait 'till next friday. :(

Rivendell
12-07-09, 19:14
My main gripe is the removal of the Gaunts. It was one of my favourite bits, it was so bizarre!
And of course, without them the story of the Ring will be lessened considerably.

Nerd For Life
12-07-09, 19:19
Omg they removed the Gaunts? :(

Rivendell
14-07-09, 10:23
LOLS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a165034/pope-approves-of-latest-potter-film.html) :)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! :D

BlackRainbow
14-07-09, 10:26
^ Lol, how great for them. xD

I'm speed-reading the book right now, half way through. :pi:

SGRaider
14-07-09, 10:31
I was thinking that it'll be in theaters here in Bulgaria this friday and it turns out that I have to wait till the 24th. Damn. :(

Carbonek_0051
14-07-09, 10:33
My main gripe is the removal of the Gaunts. It was one of my favourite bits, it was so bizarre!
And of course, without them the story of the Ring will be lessened considerably.

I agree. =/

And I am hopefully seeing this today, I need to buy the tickets really really early before they sell out. I plan on going to the midnight premiere.

touchthesky
14-07-09, 10:52
Woo one day.

I wanted to go to two showings tomorrow but I need to wait for the post since I'm waiting on cosplay stuff!

Carbonek_0051
14-07-09, 12:29
Has anyone seen this set piece for Deathly Hallows?:p

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Harry_Potter_Shell_Cottage_Freshwater_West.JPG/425px-Harry_Potter_Shell_Cottage_Freshwater_West.JPG

I am currently re-watching all the films from the start so before I see the film tonight.:D

Rivendell
14-07-09, 12:36
Shell cottage! :D

I read an article before about how Emma is dreading kissing Daniel in the next film.
I was all :yik: I'd forgotten so much!

ShadyCroft
14-07-09, 12:41
Kissing him ? On the lips ? When did that happen ? It never happened !

Carbonek_0051
14-07-09, 12:42
Shell cottage! :D

I read an article before about how Emma is dreading kissing Daniel in the next film.
I was all :yik: I'd forgotten so much!

I so don't remember that, looks like I have to start re-reading Deathly Hallows.:vlol: I have been putting off reading the books, but I think it's time I refresh my memory.:p

@Shady: I don't remember it either, doesn't she kiss Ron?:p

Ada the Mental
14-07-09, 14:01
Nah, it's the locker scene, not the real Hermione and Harry.

Carbonek_0051
14-07-09, 14:02
Nah, it's the locker scene, not the real Hermione and Harry.

I seriously need to re-read Deathly Hallows.:pi:

VonCroy360
14-07-09, 15:00
I was thinking that it'll be in theaters here in Bulgaria this friday and it turns out that I have to wait till the 24th. Damn. :(

Meh, I'll join your misery. Nothing until the 23rd for me. :(

But what came as pleasant surprise for me is the amount of praise the critics have for the film - I'm not sure if any of the previous films got this much.
They seem to quite like it - 98% out of 54 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, including fresh from some of the best. :tmb:
My favourite bits:

There's a new cinematographer on board, Bruno Delbonnel ("A Very Long Engagement"), and the stark color palette suits the gathering storm clouds beautifully. In a similar vein, composer Nicholas Hooper provides little of the jolly menace of the early John Williams Potter scores. There are heavy matters here, including the death of another major character. Yet even when its rhythm slackens in the final half-hour the film never buckles under the weight of its solemnity. I came at "Half-Blood Prince" without having read the novel first; what's missing (or, in the case of at least one character, waylaid until the next Potter film) I will leave to others to discuss. Would it play with an audience made up of folks entirely new to Rowling's world? Probably not? Did it work for someone who'd seen the previous Potter films, albeit out of order? It certainly did in my case. The Potter series has sustained itself because it no longer seems to be concerned about roping in the widest possible global audience. Instead, it's trying to treat Rowling's characters with the care and class they deserve, and in spellbinding sequences such as the "liquid memory" flashback to Tom Riddle's childhood---in which Ralph Fiennes' nephew, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, plays the Dark Lord in training---Yates proves he's the man for the job in cinematic terms, not merely transcriptive ones.

I didn’t, until the film started—and it was splendid! No, it’s not a larky kid-pic. We’re firmly in the realm of English horror, as one set of sallow Brits battles another even sallower. Our villains are racist murderers; our heroes embody tolerance, discipline, and a British public-school education, heavy on Latin—which, when chanted properly behind a wand, can mean the difference between goosing and defenestrating someone. As the aged Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) hears the chimes at midnight, Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Hermione (Emma Watson), Ron (Rupert Grint), and Ron’s newly sprouted kid sister, Ginny (Bonnie Wright), struggle to keep their desires (and vindictive hexes) in check while their objects of affection snog other people. If Voldemort (present in this movie only in spirit) were a true evil genius, he’d have abandoned the horcrux nonsense and used their own hormones against them.
Screenwriter Steve Kloves—who adapted earlier Potter tomes with excessive reverence—sat out part five and is in fighting form, cutting a droll path through Rowling’s verbiage. Apart from the fact that no one who hasn’t seen parts one through five will have a clue what’s going on, this barely feels like a sequel. Director David Yates creates Orson Welles–ish multiple levels of action, and when the camera sails around Hogwarts’ turrets, it’s as if the CGI is an extension of the wizards’ magic.

The deepest kinship, man to boy, is Dumbledore's with Harry. From the start, when the dean of wizards puts a protective arm around Harry, to the probing trips they take through time and space, Dumbledore is Harry's true godfather — a role into which the great Gambon pours his craggy majesty and cello voice. One might wish that their visit to Voldemort's cave had the shuddering poignancy it does in the book, where a weakened Dumbledore tells his protégé, "I am not worried, Harry. I am with you." But their scenes together cast a lingering spell.

A surprisingly robust Academy possibility is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. While so far the series has been overlooked for best picture, that will work in this film's favor. Half-Blood Prince, while costly ($250 million), is just about the best-made picture I've seen in many a moon. This Potter is as elegantly designed as a Pixar movie.Its tech credits are outstanding: period production design and costumes, cinematography, and visual effects (the quidditch matches are stunning).

ClassicCroft
14-07-09, 17:17
i can,t wait for the movie =], i made an tribute of Tom Riddle/Voldemort, because he is the best in Black Magic =]

hope you like it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CbqC6elCOM

Shauni
14-07-09, 18:11
I'm going to see this new one tonight at midnight :D There are going to be so many crazy dressed up wizards when I go. Just like last year xD

AmericanAssassin
14-07-09, 19:12
I seriously need to re-read Deathly Hallows.:pi:

I do, too. I can't remember much at all. The deaths, sure, but that's about it. :p

Rivendell
14-07-09, 19:29
I'm 1/3 of the way through the HBP book again today, just read the Gaunt's chapter. :( I wish they included it!

'..Hissy Hissy little snakey
Slither on the floor,
You be good to Morfin
Or he'll nail you to the door..'

:vlol: Voldy's uncle should've been in an institution.

Lara Fan 4Life
14-07-09, 19:34
Booked some tickets with my cousins and their friends for this Friday, so I'll be seeing it them. :D It has got some wonderful reviews, one saying that this movie should be up for an Oscar. 0.o

Ada the Mental
14-07-09, 21:33
I'm 1/3 of the way through the HBP book again today, just read the Gaunt's chapter. :( I wish they included it!

'..Hissy Hissy little snakey
Slither on the floor,
You be good to Morfin
Or he'll nail you to the door..'

:vlol: Voldy's uncle should've been in an institution.

But his grandfather was the most well-adjusted individual, ever, right? :p
I wish they had included the chapter, too.

I'm torn. I want to skim through the book just to get in the mood, but on the other hand, the less details I remember the more I'll enjoy the film.

xXhayleyroxXx
14-07-09, 21:35
im going to go watch this on my birthday next week after school :ton:

Carbonek_0051
14-07-09, 21:37
Because I couldn't get a ticket today, I am seeing it tomorrow. -_-

Tonyrobinson
14-07-09, 21:48
You think 24th bad my cinemas booked out for 2 weeks I have to wait to the 28th :(

Rivendell
15-07-09, 07:45
Anyone seen it yet? :D

I'm going in 4 hours. :yah:

Carbonek_0051
15-07-09, 07:50

*cries*

WHY MUST THE WORLD BE SO CRUEL?! [/overdramatic]

Seriously, let me know how it is. I think I value your opinion more than my friends, seeing as he's never read the book.:ton:

Admles
15-07-09, 07:59
I'm going to see it Friday night, I was going to go today but too tired from work.

daventry
15-07-09, 08:24
Im also going to see it today. ;)

Dixie
15-07-09, 08:39
umm... how the hell was that PG? With all the blood and violence and sexual innuendo and.... dragon balls.

heehee.... dragon balls. I loved that part.

Lonely Istari
15-07-09, 09:00
Saw the midnight show here! Omg, sooooo good! Of course, movies never have everything you wanted to see from the book, but still, of all book-to-movie transitions the Potter films are the best!

Going again tomorrow. lol

Shark_Blade
15-07-09, 09:07
umm... how the hell was that PG? With all the blood and violence and sexual innuendo and.... dragon balls. LOL wut?

There's no sexual innuendo...And dragon balls? Harry didn't flash his balls in the book!

Seriously I have no idea what you're talking.:p

Watching it tomorrow. :D

Dixie
15-07-09, 09:12
EDIT: ^^ heehee I don't want to ruin it... but it was like....

**eats odd-looking food* "What is this?" "Dragon balls." *throws up on Snape's shoes**

Oh yeah the movie was great! Though I think a lot of little kids will find most of it boring, because it's definitely very mature. It certainly sets up DH nicely (with the "horcrux harry" reference, the wand at the end, the "not returning to Hogwarts" thing, etc.)

john_york
15-07-09, 09:17

:( I've got to wait until Monday.

(but I will be seeing it in mahoosive-giant 3D aweswomeness!) :ton:

Rivendell
15-07-09, 09:32
Spoiler question, a simple yes/no answer will do:

The funeral, is it in the film or not?

daventry
15-07-09, 09:38
No :(

woody543
15-07-09, 09:47
Ahhh! I'm seeing it at 1.20 today!! I have my ticket and everything! Im really excited....!!! :D

Carbonek_0051
15-07-09, 10:14
Spoiler question, a simple yes/no answer will do:
*spoiler*

My friend just came over and I asked him. He said no it is not.:(

Rivendell
15-07-09, 10:40
Damn. I did hope that was just a rumour. I suppose that means it'll be at the start of the next film then, and at least it'll set the tone.

touchthesky
15-07-09, 10:54
I was gonna go to the three showings today, because I have a tendency to watch HP films at first and be disappointed due to the lack of my favourite scenes..then watch them again and love them! But unfortunately there are important tickets coming today recorded delivery so I have to stay home.

We are going to the 7pm showing tonight.

john_york
15-07-09, 10:57
Damn. I did hope that was just a rumour. I suppose that means it'll be at the start of the next film then, and at least it'll set the tone.

It'll probably replace the wedding at the start of DH. Looks like they've abandoned the Fleur & Bill story.

Nausinous
15-07-09, 11:05
On IGN HBP got 8 out of 10, not bad for a HP film! :tmb:

Rivendell
15-07-09, 11:07
It'll probably replace enslavement at the start of DH. Looks like they've abandoned the Phlegm story.

That's odd if they do that. I vaguely remember that bit at the start of DH as feeling like their true last moments of freedom and slight happiness before the plunge into the rest of it. If they start with doom and gloom..Ouch.

On IGN HBP got 8 out of 10, not bad for a HP film! :tmb:

Oh hai :wve: Didn't know you were back.

Carbonek_0051
15-07-09, 11:11
It'll probably replace the wedding at the start of DH. Looks like they've abandoned the Fleur & Bill story.

I know the actress of Fleur will not return. But Bill is already casted, is it official that they ditched the wedding?

Rivendell
15-07-09, 11:13
I always thought it was stupid of them not to introduce Ron's older brothers. :pi:

On a plus side, I didn't know - or I'd forgotten I knew:

Bill Nighy is cast as Rufus Scrimgeour!

:yah:

I wished he was Voldemort - he's who I always picture in the books. But whatever, as long as he's there somewhere.

Carbonek_0051
15-07-09, 11:16
I always thought it was stupid of them not to introduce Ron's older brothers. :pi:

On a plus side, I didn't know - or I'd forgotten I knew:

Bill Nighy is cast as Rufus Scrimgeour!

:yah:

I wished he was Voldemort - he's who I always picture in the books. But whatever, as long as he's there somewhere.

Really? When I read HBP I always pictured him as Rufus.:D Shame he wasn't included in this film, but I can't wait to see him in the next.:jmp:

raiderfun
15-07-09, 11:27
I am going to watch it in less than 2 hours, it was released yesterday apparently here :p

Ada the Mental
15-07-09, 12:13
The wedding is in. There are photos of the trio in dress robes all over the internet.

So far I think they've filmed some stuff at Shell Cottage, including the Bell-mione scenes. :yah:

Yay, for Bill Nighy!:jmp:

Rivendell
15-07-09, 17:13
Oh wow.

Contains a few spoilers.

My fears and apprehension were completely unfounded. Though a few of my favourite bits aren't there (notably the Gaunts, Voldemort looking for 'trophies' / applying for a job at Hogwarts), everything that was there was in the book as far as I could remember.
(With the exception of the Christmas attack, which while made up was very good and not out of place.)

The producers keep saying it was a much more light-hearted film than the last few, I actually didn't feel like it was.
Sure it had the funny moments from the book in it - and they are funny bits which make it the funniest HP yet, even from little quirks - visual jokes in performance, etc - but they only served to momentarily lighten the mood which I felt was hanging over the castle like those ever-present dark clouds.

It felt ever so slightly oppressive, uneasy, brooding - as though something is always about to happen, or we're being built up to something. I'm glad I found it to feel like that too, because without most of those Voldemort scenes it needed something to convey that mood.

Performance wise, it's the best yet on all counts.
Harry plays Harry so well now, Ron had more of a part than just looking wimpy and saying 'Bloody Hell' every 10 minutes - and was good at it, Hermione started a little bit iffy but her performance got better throughout it too.

Rickman still played a perfect Snape, as did McGonagall. Horace Slughorn played his role brilliantly, even without his walrus moustache.
Plus this was surprising too - say what you will about Gambon in the previous films, but he played the role of Dumbledore perfectly in this one! Calm, wise, a little worn out, and funny when need be. He ticked all the right boxes this time around, right down to his final 'Please..'.

Young/teenage Riddle were very well cast I thought, with a certain mysterious air about them, and the feeling that (with the teenage one in particular) there was something very dark hiding behind his eyes. He reminded me ever so slightly of that guy from Doctor Who's 'Family of Blood'. The head-prefect (http://bowjamesbow.ca/images/humannature01.jpg).

Ginny was good, and made the sexual tension between herself and Harry so thick that it was practically tangible. Something a bit annoying though - after all the sexual tension you see them share half a kiss and the big happy reveal of the new couple is reduced to merely being mentioned right at the very end. Another annoying thing.. I know it happens this way in the book, when the Half-Blood Prince reveals himself - but when said out loud and acted is seemed so ... ridiculous. Like 'Haha, it was ME all along!!'. Like it was tacked on at the end. Which, again, it was in the book - I just didn't get the feeling of '..lolwut?' so much from the book as I did from the film.

Then there's Bellatrix, ah Bella. Toned down the giggly-speech since OOTP, replaced with more of a snake-like devil-on-the-shoulder type. She's still damn fine though, and a part near the end where she makes the candles go out was perfection. Very moving and symbolic after Dumbledore's death - which I didn't find upsetting in the least, unfortunately. Not even the raised wands and tearful students raised a lump in my throat whereas the book had me in tears.
The lack of a funeral was an expected disappointment, but if it does indeed start the next film off then it might prompt some tears, I hope.

But my disappointments were far outweighed by my likings. Aside from the 'finale' which they changed for understandably cinematic reasons, my disappointments were only in what they left out. Everything else they included I really, really liked. The mood, atmosphere, humour (OMG Harry on Felix, lmao!) , tension, acting, charaterisation, cinematography, music.. It was all top notch. It ends on a very solemn note, setting up the last films very nicely.

Some reviews have said don't expect an action-packed Potter. That's very true, it's very story related and talkative one. But that to me made it all the better - and I do think that it's definitely by far the best of the all to date. A complete 5*.

:)

Carbonek_0051
15-07-09, 17:18
Nice review Chris, I am seeing the movie later on today now I look foward to it even more.:tmb:

Rivendell
15-07-09, 17:28
A few more bits, which I'll white out.

The start was so exciting! I felt like I was really flying it was that good. :D
The death scene pretty much did what I envisioned they'd do - in terms of camera work. I made this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f02GFsO9S8) a few years ago, and you can compare that exact bit to it.

I felt like the Horcrux discussion was very rushed. But spookily enough Dumbledore does seem to realise that Harry himself might be one and I half-expected him to just blurt it out. Thankfully he doesn't.

Considering the importance of Wand-Lore in the final book, I would've personally put more emphasis on showing Dumbledore's Wand, perhaps landing, after Malfoy disarms him. Especially considering the importance of that moment, and that wand at the end of all things.

Carbonek_0051
15-07-09, 17:32
CHILLS! Grrr, you are making me want to go see it like right this second.:(

I have to wait until my friend wakes up and his mom get's home with the car.:(

Love2Raid
15-07-09, 17:32
Hey guys, I haven't seen the movie yet. (I did read the book, so I already know the story :p).

Just curious, does it do any justice to the story in the book? Especially the part in the cave...:yik:

Edit: Oh, never mind, I already saw the review by Rivendell. I am really looking forward to see it now! :tmb:

Rivendell
15-07-09, 17:37
Just curious, does it do any justice to the story in the book? Especially the part in the cave...:yik:

Overall I think it does, yes. Obviously the taken out parts made me grumble, but aside from that it's damn well made.

The cave part in particular is pretty much identical to what I remember from the book. I thought they'd tone it down, but Dumbledore does cut into his hand, there are Inferi, Harry does have to force-feed him the liquid though Dumbledore is in a terrible state and begging for death. It's a very good bit. :tmb:

woody543
15-07-09, 17:44
I really liked the film, but the person I was sat next to who will remain nameless...... kept bursting out laughing!

Harry on felix was too funny, he was completley out of it.

I to was disapointed about the funeral, it would have made it so much more upsetting, which it wasn't.

Also in the next film I'm almost certain there is a party, only I don't think its a wedding party, just a party. Well there has to be....

daventry
15-07-09, 17:52
Im not much of a Potter Fan, but this Movie was BORING. Runs from Angry Mob. :o:o:o

It was like a Giant Scene when waiting on the Real Action to begin, i geuss Deathly Hallows will be the Better Anti Climax Magic thing then. :p

Rivendell
15-07-09, 18:00
I disagree. :) It was no more boring than any other film with a lot of talking in it.
Plus there was action in it. Spaced out nicely. The start, the middle, the end.
The end wasn't as big as it should've been, because the end of the final film is going to be big on EPIC terms (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Hogwarts).

daventry
15-07-09, 18:13
Yea like you said, it was nicely spaced out with Funny Moments inbetween, oh well we had to see the Characters Fall In Love sometime dont we. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
15-07-09, 18:16
who is the guy who looks a lot like sirius, i saw it on the behind-the-scenes thing??

Rivendell
15-07-09, 18:18
I can't think who you mean, nobody particularly looked like him in this one! Do you have a clip/picture?
Unless you mean the new guy, Fenrir Greyback (http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45674000/jpg/_45674007_greyback416image.jpg). He's the semi-werewolf who turned Lupin into one, and 'likes biting children'.

Edit: I meant to say - everyone keep an eye out for the Tiara in the Room of requirement. I couldn't see it, but knowing Yates I think a little touch like that is likely to be spottable somewhere.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-07-09, 18:21
i cant open links on this computer, could you possibbly post it in here?

Love2Raid
15-07-09, 18:21
Overall I think it does, yes. Obviously the taken out parts made me grumble, but aside from that it's damn well made.

The cave part in particular is pretty much identical to what I remember from the book. I thought they'd *****************good bit. :tmb:

Yeeeeees!! Thanks, now I am even more looking forward to this movie! :hug:

I think I should read the book again though. I do remember the Tiara, but not the context. :o
I will enjoy it. :D

Rivendell
15-07-09, 18:22
Yeah sure, this guy?

http://i29.************/2e16k9g.jpg

Love2Raid
15-07-09, 18:24
Gross! Is that Fenrir? He looks just like I imagined him to look like. :tmb:
Although I thought he had a beard...? Yup, re-reading time!

xXhayleyroxXx
15-07-09, 18:29
Yeah sure, this guy?

http://i29.************/2e16k9g.jpg

nah its not him :S i wonder who then? haha

but ta anyway, he looks like a good guy to fill that part ;)

daventry
15-07-09, 18:34
What happend to Malfoys Father in this Movie, where di he go.

Do Malfoy join Harry in the Last Book, do they become Friends in the End.

When will the Last Movie come to Theaters

Carbonek_0051
15-07-09, 18:35
What happend to Malfoys Father in this Movie, where did he go.

Draco's father was arrested in the last film, and the next film is out next year 19th of November.:)

peeves
15-07-09, 18:36
Daventry Malfoy's father is cut from the movie and book.
Well saw the movie today was great still GoF is my favorite of the 6.
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Half-Blood Prince
3. Order of the Phoenix
4. Prisoner of Azkaban
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Sorcerer's Stone
Here's my favorite to least favorite.
@carbonek i had no clue lucius was arrested in OotP.

Rivendell
15-07-09, 18:37
What happend to Malfoys Father in this Movie, where di he go.

Do Malfoy join Harry in the Last Book, do they become Friends in the End.

Azkaban prison. Though they all break out in either HBP or the last book.
No, but they're not as bad as they wished they were. It's quite sad, I remember.
2010 November and 2011 July. Parts 1 and 2.

Lara Fan 4Life
15-07-09, 18:38
Thanks so much for the review, Rivendell. Great to hear a review from true Harry Potter fan, and even better to hear that the movie sounds amazing. :D Friday seems like a long way away now. :(

stranger1992
15-07-09, 18:40
I can't think who you mean, nobody particularly looked like him in this one! Do you have a clip/picture?
Unless you mean the new guy, Fenrir Greyback (http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45674000/jpg/_45674007_greyback416image.jpg). He's the semi-werewolf who turned Lupin into one, and 'likes biting children'.

Edit: I meant to say - everyone keep an eye out for the Tiara in the Room of requirement. I couldn't see it, but knowing Yates I think a little touch like that is likely to be spottable somewhere.

I'll look out for it. #7 will be epic. I was pertrified reading it when harry entered the graveyard that his parents are buried, and when 'Bafillda bagshot' was revealed to be Nagini in disguise.:P

peeves
15-07-09, 18:40
Thanks so much for the review, Rivendell. Great to hear a review from true Harry Potter fan, and even better to hear that the movie sounds amazing. :D Friday seems like a long way away now. :(

I remember the part where at the start of the film the opening scene with the warner logo i heard a flashback from the previous movie with bella saying i killed sirius black.

Lara Fan 4Life
15-07-09, 18:43
I remember the part where at the start of the film the opening scene with the warner logo i heard a flashback from the previous movie with bella saying i killed sirius black.
H'uh? What does that have to do with my post? :confused:

Rivendell
15-07-09, 18:44

Yeah, that was such a good touch! Then to open directly the way it did, as an unseen flashback. Good stuff.

I just read that the villain from TR2:Cradle of Life will have a role in the last film! He's the new Aberforth Dumbledore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciar%C3%A1n_Hinds).

Carbonek_0051
15-07-09, 18:45
Yeah, that was such a good touch! Then to open directly the way it did, as an unseen flashback. Good stuff.

I just read that the villain from TR2:Cradle of Life will have a role in the last film! He's the new Aberforth Dumbledore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciar%C3%A1n_Hinds).

I read that the other day too, too bad they didn't use the guy they used in OOTP as Abesforth.:pi:

peeves
15-07-09, 18:46
Also a shame that harry's crying over dumbledore's death wasn't that serious. The least serious in fact :o

Rivendell
15-07-09, 18:49
Yeah, but nevermind. He was only in it for a fleeting instand before, err, following that goat. :pi:

Something I really like about David Yates - regardless of his decisions to take away my favourite parts (http://jasoncosper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/drama_llama.jpg), the stuff he keeps - he sticks to. The small touches that are so true to the book, the small descriptions - he really follows them. I think that's admirable considering previous directors haven't done it as much as he has.

For example in OotP, Luna's Quibbler description was identical to how it appeared in the book. The cover, that she was reading it upside down, and on a page with runes on it. That's all there in the film, though it was a minute detail about 1/10000th of the book.
He does it again with this one, and other stuff too.

peeves
15-07-09, 18:52
Yeah, but nevermind. He was only in it for a fleeting instand before, err, following that goat. :pi:

Something I really like about David Yates - regardless of his decisions to take away my favourite parts (http://jasoncosper.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/drama_llama.jpg), the stuff he keeps - he sticks to. The small touches that are so true to the book, the small descriptions - he really follows them. I think that's admirable considering previous directors haven't done it as much as he has.

For example in OotP, Luna's Quibbler description was identical to how it appeared in the book. The cover, that she was reading it upside down, and on a page with runes on it. That's all there in the film, though it was a minute detail about 1/10000th of the book.
At first when i saw the sectumsempra scene with malfoy i thought harry was gonna get detention at first but no he didn't as snape just let that slide.

Rivendell
15-07-09, 18:54
Ah, now that was much more serious in the book.

"MURDER!! MURDER!!!!"

Not quite as dramatic in the film though.

Wayhey! (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006002.html?categoryid=13&cs=1)

woody543
15-07-09, 18:54

Ooo i never realised that, what are some examples in this one. I purposefully for this film hadn't read the book again recently. (because I normally read the book again just before i see the film) So that it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the film

Lara Lover
15-07-09, 18:55
Saw it today and I thought it was excellent. :tmb: Tbh, I thought the ending was a bit of a let down but, this movie has a lot more comical value and I loved it.

Definately going to see it again. :)

Reggie
15-07-09, 18:56
I thought this Harry Potter was a much better adaptation than the last one. The pacing was just right for a film version and the vital details and plot elements weren't missing. I wouldn't admit this to family and friends offline but I even cried at the end. :o

Rivendell
15-07-09, 18:56
I thought this Harry Potter was a much better adaptation than the last one. The pacing was just right for a film version and the vital details and plot elements weren't missing. I wouldn't admit this to family and friends offline but I even cried at the end. :o

:D I wish I did! I thought I would, too.