PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

trXD
22-07-09, 16:30
I have started reading prisoner of askaban, up to chapter nine so far. I missed the movie, and ever since then not much has made sense so i decided to read the book. Its really well written! Im enjoying this book much more than i ever enjoyed the movies!

*spoilers*

My theory to how black got in Hogwarts is he has some sort of connection with the dementors, maybe through voldermort? After all he escaped askaban aswell which was also guarded by dementors.

Malfoy helping him did cross my mind, but i dont think he is that evil (at least at this stage).

Lara Fan 4Life
22-07-09, 17:03
You'll find out soon enough if he is evil or good, trXD. ;) I don't want to ruin anything for you.

Rivendell
22-07-09, 17:04
^ :D

I couldn't see anything new in the Ring 'flashes' either Gloomy, and it is Riddle who stares up screaming. Possibly after his first murder / soul split / horcrux creation ritual / whatever. I can't really think why else he'd be screaming in such a dramatic way!

Hyper_Crazy
22-07-09, 17:05
Chris - I'm going to see it again in a few hours as well. :D

Rivendell
22-07-09, 17:17
I love Slughorn. The guy's such a good actor, I found myself hanging on his every word - especially his speech about the fish that Lily gave him. Nice little invention that story. :tmb:

Tonyrobinson
22-07-09, 18:40
Only six more days till I can see the movie :D

I'll be sure to write my movie review on here already I'm hearing from my friends and fellow bookworms that the Ginny/ Harry relationship was lame in the movie and they don't even seem like they are boyfriend and girlfriend. :mad:

TRBabe
22-07-09, 23:28
Saw the half blood prince the other day and really enjoyed it :jmp: The actors just fall back into their parts so well. I especially enjoy Alan Rickman / Snape. Superior acting and what an unforgettable voice! Great movie - not too dark at all as has been suggested.

takamotosan
22-07-09, 23:39
I saw The Half-Blood Prince last week and I must say, it was much better than the last two.
It was more character-oriented this time around.

Tonyrobinson
23-07-09, 00:32
I bought the soundtrack and I have to say it's really eerie and fun I love "Into the pensieve" where we can hear all of the mysterious whispering voices in the backround :D

Nemo_91
23-07-09, 10:54
I'm gonna see it tomorrow (for the first time)! :tmb: I hope it's as good as they say...I don't want to be disappointed. :whi:

Ada the Mental
23-07-09, 12:46
Since I can't watch HBP I rewatched OotP last night. :p
1) The movie has serious pacing issues, especially in the beginning.
2) I finally realised what I don't like about Dan's acting: body language! He's so awkward, he just stands there, arms hanging. Same with Rupert, actually.
3) Grawp is adorable.

TR love
23-07-09, 13:07
ack! im desperate to see the freakin movie!
(mainly coz Malfoy is awesome but meh)

quick! someone fill me in on what happens, the book bored me...

Rivendell
23-07-09, 13:08
:pi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince#Plot

And the book is better than the film. If the book bored you, well..

scion05
23-07-09, 16:25
Finally finished OOTP and seen the film. Loved them both. Kinda peeved that they cought so many Umbridge and McGonnagall scenes, I loved her sarcasm and Umbridge becoming aggitated lol. They're both characters that deserved more screen time! Grr!

LOL

Tonyrobinson
23-07-09, 16:58
My favourite is OOTP in the movies and it's my least favourite book. I have to wait another 5 days for HBP and it seems the longest wait of my life. I've only really watched one trailer so it's all going to be a surprise for me. But I loved the book the best in the series I hope I can get over it for the movie :)

Zelda master
23-07-09, 17:32
I recently read all books again. Love them, but setriuesly the lastest movie bored the hell out of me in the ending... Where is my Epic battle:(

Lara Fan 4Life
23-07-09, 17:34
I recently read all books again. Love them, but setriuesly the lastest movie bored the hell out of me in the ending... Where is my apic battle:(
Putting the end battle aside, what did you think of the movie overall? :) It is one of my favourites, thanks to it's great humour. :D

Dixie
23-07-09, 17:58
My favourite is OOTP in the movies and it's my least favourite book. I have to wait another 5 days for HBP and it seems the longest wait of my life. I've only really watched one trailer so it's all going to be a surprise for me. But I loved the book the best in the series I hope I can get over it for the movie :)

I feel the same. OotP is one of my least favorite books (as Rowling herself put it, "it's too wordy"). But it is by far my favorite of the first five films. I think I have a different perspective on the films then most people, because I don't base my opinion of the movies on how similar they are to the books. To me, the books and films are like two completely different franchises.

McGloomy
23-07-09, 19:18
To me, the books and films are like two completely different franchises.
I remember watching the first movie when I was eleven years old: "OMG, they changed this and left out that!" (Although I have to admit that I still hate this stupid giant staircase. :p) When I watched PoA I was completely amazed how awesome it was while leaving out the complete backstory. I realized there's so much more to a good movie than faithfulness to the book. It's pretty obvious in OotP: the movie doesn't try to force the book into the movie, it only tells two of the many stories (Voldemort's return and the resistance against Umbridge) but captures the essence and spirit of the book by doing so.

TRexbait
23-07-09, 19:29
Saw the movie on friday.
It essentially missed the whole point of the book (Voldemort's past).
Not pleased :(

VonCroy360
23-07-09, 22:48
I saw the film today. Not that it really matters to all of you here who have seen the film, but I still feel like writing a short review so I will lmao.

I have to say that, as a film, I absolutely loved it. It had a few scenes here and there which I didn't feel quite fit, but overall the screenplay is pretty well done. It's serious at times, exciting at others, quite funny (there were actually a few moments where the whole cinema laughed - the one where Ron sits between Ginny and Harry, for example, or the one with McLaggen eating ice cream with his fingers - God what was that?) and some of the scenes were nice and touching - I really liked the one where Dumbledore is telling Harry how grown up he is - really cheesy, yes, but hits hard when you know what is coming next. The film itself is absolutely gorgeous, the cinematography is great and I really liked the music - something I haven't even noticed since Prisoner. The acting was nice, Radcliffe was great, Felton was great and the cast of teachers is brilliant as usual, especially Broadbent and Rickman.

Now, looking at it as an adaptation, I was a bit disappointed. The snogging is there, but was I the only one who felt there was too much of it? There should be enough to show us the contrast with the darker scenes, but this felt a bit over the top at times. I knew there won't be many Pensieve scenes, but it still came as a bit of a disappointment. Same goes for the horcruxes - they should have explained that a bit more and hinted on what they could be, but then, I guess that could fit in the 5hour long 7th adaptation. But the part I felt that was a lot better in the books is the ending - I remember reading the cave scene and feeling completely terrified - there's that whole part where they're walking through the water, the cave is huge, the potion didn't really seem to have that big an effect on Dumbledore in the movie, I remember that part being much more dramatic in the book. Same goes for the ending on top of the tower, I remember how shocking it was to imagine a weak Dumbledore, lying on the floor, saying just a weak "please" to Snape. This scene didn't have that effect on me in the movie. Not to mention the moment that sends chills up my spine every time I re-read the book - the horror of Harry and Dumbledore coming to Hogsmeade and looking up to see the dark mark over the castle.

All in all, I felt it's a great film, I can't wait to see it again and it's pretty much up there with my favourites in the series. On the other hand, it can't really be compared with the book, but I guess that was expected. After all, we'll always have the books and the movies should be a nice enjoyment on the side.

Tonyrobinson
23-07-09, 23:52
Great review :)

Pan
24-07-09, 00:14
The bit they really shouldn't have skipped was the fact that Dumbledore purposefully stupefied Harry before he died. They also should have done the funeral, would have made a change to the ENDLESS ends of the HP films where the final shot is of Hogwarts with either a Hippogryf, Flying carriage or Phoenix flying away.

Though, if you think that was a bad adaptation, the computer game is funnily bad!!!! In the potion drinking scene, Dumbledore literally just goes 'Ugh, that's horrible, please may I now have some water? Thanks awfully' lol

Tonyrobinson
24-07-09, 00:19
Pahaha!

Only 4 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes and 29 seconds left till I see the movie :)

VonCroy360
24-07-09, 00:33
The bit they really shouldn't have skipped was the fact that Dumbledore purposefully stupefied Harry before he died. They also should have done the funeral, would have made a change to the ENDLESS ends of the HP films where the final shot is of Hogwarts with either a Hippogryf, Flying carriage or Phoenix flying away.

Definitely true, and another thing I forgot to mention is sectumsempra - I'm not a big fan of overly gory myself, but isn't the power of the curse and the horror we feel about all the blood exactly the thing that should make us realise that the Prince is not that good?
As for the ending, I really feel they should have just cut it after the scene with everyone holding up their wands. I know that Harry's decision about leaving school is pretty important, but there could have been other ways to fit it in somewhere.

Though, if you think that was a bad adaptation, the computer game is funnily bad!!!! In the potion drinking scene, Dumbledore literally just goes 'Ugh, that's horrible, please may I now have some water? Thanks awfully' lol

I just found this :vlol::

ZO1uQ5KzolI

I've given up on the games after the third one, they just seemed aimed for kids and, on top of that, not very good games made just to earn money. I could be wrong though.

Great review :)

Thanks lol.

Tonyrobinson
24-07-09, 00:37
Hahaha the incredible levatating Dumbledore :p

Dark Lugia 2
24-07-09, 00:49
Forgot to post here! XD Saw the movie and loved it, more so than I thought I would! :D Its a shame though, I was expecting more insight into Voldermorts past. Its so awesome to see the book come alive! :D the boat in the lake in that cave, ooo! :D And the Horucxes!! *drools*

I've been told that the last movie is gonna be split into 2 parts - part 1 and 2, is that true? :D If it is, I hope its to make sure the film does justice to the book, and not just an excuse to make more money. EE! :D

Argh, the game looks boring :/ I LOVED philosphers stone and chamber of secrets on both ps1 and ps2, and the prisoner of azkaban (Buckbeak! <3). Never did play goblet of fire, but OOTP was just boring imo. :o

Tonyrobinson
24-07-09, 01:17
I loved the first 3 games hated the 4th and enjoyed the fifth :)

McGloomy
25-07-09, 14:39
The first two games (for PC) have something later games lacked: magic. :p They really thought about creating a game with enjoyable gameplay while having a lot of creative freedom. Everything was made up from scratch, there was a lot of influence from the books and the level design was quite nice. Yeah, the games are easy and kiddy, but I was eleven years old when I played them first. :D

Game 5 and 6 tried to copy the film as hard as they could - and they failed. While "Virtual Hogwarts" is a nice idea, it doesn't make an enjoyable game.

just croft
25-07-09, 15:10
Look what I found in the related to the video VonCroy posted:
q-5AwsXKeRo
:vlol:

Nerd For Life
26-07-09, 21:42
Alan Rickman is a really good Snape. :D

Ada the Mental
26-07-09, 21:49

Amazing! :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

And Alan Rickman is a really good anything. :tmb:

Nerd For Life
26-07-09, 21:56
Amazing! :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

And Alan Rickman is a really good anything. :tmb:

Well, yes. :pi:

I had so much faith in Snape after HPB, good to know it all worked out fine in the end.

Ada the Mental
26-07-09, 21:58
So did I, even though I'm not the biggest a Snape fan.

It would have been such a total let-down had Snapey been a bad guy after all.

Nerd For Life
26-07-09, 21:59
Sometimes I wonder if JRK just changed it all in the end to make Snape a baddie. :p

just croft
26-07-09, 22:06
I saw the film right after that last post. Not what I was expecting but it was pretty amazing!

Nerd For Life
26-07-09, 22:08
I saw the film right after that last post. Not what I was expecting but it was pretty amazing!

How come?

Tonyrobinson
26-07-09, 22:10
Well just 2 more days till Tuesday and I will be writing a very in-depht review. I want to take it all in and hopefully it'll be worth the wait and I enjoy the film :)

trXD
26-07-09, 22:12
Well, yes. :pi:

I had so much faith in Snape after HPB, good to know it all worked out fine in the end.

So did I, even though I'm not the biggest a Snape fan.

It would have been such a total let-down had Snapey been a bad guy after all.
Geez guys...

*on book 4*

Nerd For Life
26-07-09, 22:13
Geez guys...

*on book 4*

Eh?

trXD
26-07-09, 22:14
Eh?
Spoilers

just croft
26-07-09, 22:18
How come?

It's hard to say exactly. I read all the books and found the Order of the Pheonix an outsanding film have two childish ones and 2 awfull ones. Seeing how the film was so long I really wouldn't have minded to sit for more minutes to watch parts of the book that didn't make it. The whole teen romance was briliantly, very comical, but it felt like there we're a few important things missing.

For example, the ending scene/s, it was good, but I never thought it would turn out like that when reading the book. By the way can someone refresh my memory? Did snape actually make the silence gesture at Harry in the book? :confused:

Tonyrobinson
26-07-09, 22:20
Have to say I hope we see more of McGonagall she's my favourite teacher or Flitwick :p

McGloomy
26-07-09, 23:10
Did snape actually ... in the book?:confused:
No. Harry was actually petrified by Dumbledore and hidden under his invisibility cloak as soon as Draco appeared on the tower. The other people just kept popping up with Harry just watching helplessly. The movie is more dramatic with Harry actually deciding to trust Snape and let him pass - a change that worked pretty well in the movie. Remember PoA? It's always a bit ridiculous when they are in the Shrieking Shack with Sirius, Remus and Snape popping out of nowhere within a minute or so.

Ada the Mental
26-07-09, 23:42
Geez guys...

*on book 4*

Oh, sorry! :o I should have expected that now that the new movie is out people who haven't read all the books might drop by this thread...

Nerd For Life
26-07-09, 23:44
Oh, sorry! :o I should have expected that now that the new movie is out people who haven't read all the books might drop by this thread...

oh LOL only now I realised what trXD meant... Well the 6th movie just came out, it's kind of expected people are going to hum, talk about it? :p

just croft
26-07-09, 23:46
No. Harry was actually petrified by Dumbledore and hidden under his invisibility cloak as soon as Draco appeared on the tower. The other people just kept popping up with Harry just watching helplessly. The movie is more dramatic with Harry actually deciding to trust Snape and let him pass - a change that worked pretty well in the movie. Remember PoA? It's always a bit ridiculous when they are in the Shrieking Shack with Sirius, Remus and Snape popping out of nowhere within a minute or so.

I actually think this way was worse, I had the feeling of "the next film's polt is ruined with this..." But since they had a fight later on I guess it passed pretty well.

McGloomy
27-07-09, 08:33
"the next film's polt is ruined with this..."
I don't think so at all. I think if you wouldn't have read book seven until know you'd still be surprised in the end. I think Snape's treason seem so much worse because Harry trusted him and let him pass. Especially because they dropped the complete "The Seer overheard" storyline and Dumbledore defending Snape all the time against Harry's allegations.

Geez guys...

*on book 4*
I'm sorry we've spoilt your reading experience, but if we go on writing everything about the last three or four books and films in white there won't be much left for you to read anyway... :o
I think the general consense is that we still use spoilers for things about the sixth movie, but by now we just take for granted we all read the books. No offense, I haven't watched all Desperate Housewives episodes so far because they haven't aired in Germany yet, so I generally stay away from threads about the show. It's just impossible to discuss things with people who have a completely different state of knowledge. ;)

john_york
27-07-09, 09:17
q-5AwsXKeRo

:vlol: Hahaha! Brilliant!

'I'm firin mah laser!' :D

McGloomy
27-07-09, 17:34
What the effin' crap? :eek:

Tonyrobinson
27-07-09, 20:58
Well I'll be seeing the HBP at the earlier time of 5:45PM tomorow because they've moved it due to "Bruno: Snipped!" but with my new laptop at my disposal I'll probably be back for half nine to write my review :D

FourBalls
27-07-09, 21:28
Was anyone else disappointed at the scene where Katie is in mid-air? I mean, the setting was good, everything was awesome...except for the acting. Harry, Hermione and Ron...everyone were just...standing there...not even terrified. Sure there was a slightly worried expression on Hermiones face but still...I'd expect a bigger reaction to it all.

Tonyrobinson
27-07-09, 21:51
Haha reading that I just imagined her in the air and the trio using her as a pinata :p

Nerd For Life
27-07-09, 22:02
Haha reading that I just imagined her in the air and the trio using her as a pinata :p

LOL! :vlol:

McGloomy
28-07-09, 01:21
Was anyone else disappointed at the scene where ...?
I think it worked pretty well, with Katie being pushed around by unexplainable forces... The kids sitting next to me in the cinema were shocked like there was no tomorrow. :D

larafan25
28-07-09, 04:39
Hi friends:)

I need to know what the last movie was,as I think I missed it:)

I have seen all the movies up to the VERY last one released...called the half blood prince:)

but some scenes from the movie remind me of the trailers for the last movie(which I think I missed)

can anyone let me know which the last movie was and what number the half blood prince is?:)

Rivendell
28-07-09, 08:39
Philosopher's Stone / Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half Blood Prince

(Not made yet)
Deathly Hallows pt 1
Deathly Hallows pt 2.

:wve:

Shark_Blade
28-07-09, 11:17
Did anyone got the OST soundtrack for Half Blood Prince movie yet? Is it available in your country?

Weird they seem to not release it here yet (or will it never be?:o). I collected since the first one. :(

Tonyrobinson
28-07-09, 20:21
I've just returned from HBP and this is my take on how it all was:

The Good: The relationship between Ron and Hermione was by far what the film finally needed. The comedy mainly from Ron and Slughorn was exceptionally well thought out. The presence of Hagrid in this film was appreciated and his new hair cut and clothing rocks. No more grey haired frumpy over baggy clothes. Dumbledore was amazing in this film. Albeit I disagree that Gambon deserves an oscar. But I'm a Harris fan :p

The Bad: The relationship with Ginny and Harry was underdeveloped and the film starts slow :(

My favourite scence: Harry and Hermione on the staircase confiding in eachother it was so touching. I also loved the little surprise I got when seeing Arnold the Pygmypuff. Harry under the influence was hilarious too :D

Overall I'd say the film is great but I'm undecided if it's as good as OOTP. The dark nature of the film really over shadows the light in my opinion. This film seems to be the darkest yet...

Tombraider95
28-07-09, 20:26
Was anyone else disappointed at the scene where Katie is in mid-air? I mean, the setting was good, everything was awesome...except for the acting. Harry, Hermione and Ron...everyone were just...standing there...not even terrified. Sure there was a slightly worried expression on Hermiones face but still...I'd expect a bigger reaction to it all.

But they have seen alot worse then A floating Girl ;)

Lara's home
28-07-09, 21:24
Watched it with friends and family. Everyone who had not read the books loved it.
Me, my sister, my girlfriend hated it. Worse than HP4. It was ****.
I really don't understand how any fan could like it, even a little.

Marianna12
28-07-09, 21:45
Watched it today!!!!
OMG it's EPIC! I loved it!:jmp:

Nitro Typhoon
28-07-09, 21:55
My favourite movies so far :wve:

Half-Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Order of the Phoenix.

just croft
28-07-09, 21:58
^^ I really don't understand how almoust everyone doesn't like the Order of the Pheonix, it's the best one so far in my opinion!

Nitro Typhoon
28-07-09, 22:02
^^ I really don't understand how almoust everyone doesn't like the Order of the Pheonix, it's the best one so far in my opinion!

I never said I didn't like it, I love it like all the others. I just didn't think it was the best of the series :)

Hyper_Crazy
28-07-09, 22:04
Mine would have to be:

Prisoner of Azkaban
Half Blood Prince
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Order of the Phoenix
Goblet of Fire

Goblet of Fire, ewwwww man.

Tombraider95
28-07-09, 22:05
My favourite is the POA because i love it were they go back in time and how everything fits in like when they threw the beads things at the pot and harrys head to make them turn around and when she did the wolf call :D

Nitro Typhoon
28-07-09, 22:10
Yeah, PoA was great :D

I didn't like it as much as first though, maybe because I thought it sort of lost the same feeling from the first two movies... but I realised it was just maturing, so after I while I saw that it was actually better.

Tonyrobinson
28-07-09, 22:12
Well upon seeing HBP mine is:

OOTP
HBP
POA
PS
COS
GOF

just croft
28-07-09, 22:19
I never said I didn't like it, I love it like all the others. I just didn't think it was the best of the series :)

Uhm... Ok then.

Yeah, PoA was great :D

I didn't like it as much as first though, maybe because I thought it sort of lost the same feeling from the first two movies... but I realised it was just maturing, so after I while I saw that it was actually better.

The third one was the one I least liked, but think about what you said maybe I should see it again.

Well upon seeing HBP mine is:

OOTP
HBP
POA
PS
COS
GOF

^^ whaa.? :tea: could we please you their full names or order? I'm really not used to seeing them written out like that.

And since everyone's writing it I think I will too:

Order of Pheonix
Half Blood Prince
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisioner of Askaban
Goblet of Fire

FourBalls
28-07-09, 22:27
Just for the sake of it :p

Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets

VonCroy360
28-07-09, 22:34
Ooh, I love these lists, although mine tend to change from time to time. But it's always something like this, with the top three being amazing imo, and the bottom three just kind of meh:

Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Half-Blood Prince
Philosopher's Stone
Order of the Phoenix
Chamber of Secret

Tonyrobinson
28-07-09, 23:29
I wrote:

Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince
Prisoner of Azkaban
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Goblet of Fire

Catracoth
28-07-09, 23:31
Ah, here's my contribution.

Chamber of Secrets
Order of the Phoenix
Prisoner of Azkaban
Sorcerer's Stone
Half-Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire

]{eith
28-07-09, 23:36
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Phoenix
Philosopher's Stone
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets

Haven't seen the Half Blood Prince yet.

Tonyrobinson
28-07-09, 23:39
HBP is overall very good but I can't help but feel something was missing. I don't know what though. I think it was the abscence of Ron and Hermione perhaps.

Angel666
29-07-09, 00:42
Watched it with friends and family. Everyone who had not read the books loved it.
Me, my sister, my girlfriend hated it. Worse than HP4. It was ****.
I really don't understand how any fan could like it, even a little.

You are my new best friend. :hug:

Shauni
29-07-09, 01:13
haha everyone wants to do lists, so I must do it now too xD

1. Half-Blood Prince
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Philosopher's Stone

Angel666
29-07-09, 01:19
Movies:
Prisoner of Azkaban
Chamber of Secrets
Sorcerers Stone
Goblet of Fire
Order of The Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince

Books:

Prisoner of Azkaban
Half-Blood Prince
Chamber of Secrets
Order Of The Phoenix
Sorcerers Stone
Goblet Of Fire
Deathly Hallows

larafan25
29-07-09, 01:28
ok so I have not seen the movie order of the pheonix;)

in order of my faves(movies) is..

Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets
Sorcerers Stone
Half-Blood Prince

I didn't like how it had no closure...and it seemed kinda short:p

or there were alot less epic scenes...

Aphrodite22
29-07-09, 01:41
Movies:

Order of the Phoenix
Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Half Blood Prince
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets

:D

Dixie
29-07-09, 02:04
I wrote:

Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince
Prisoner of Azkaban
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Goblet of Fire

^this.

Though OotP and HBP are tied for first for me. I think OotP is a bit more, I don't know, 'watchable'. But HBP had 10,000 times better acting.

While GoF was very action-packed, it had crappy pacing and, despite decent acting, the characters lacked substance.

Don't even get me started on CoS.

McGloomy
29-07-09, 08:52
My Rating:

1) Prisoner of Askaban
A visual masterpiece. It set the standard for all movies still to come. Harry's flight on Buckbeak... Awesome! :tmb:

2) Order of the Phoenix
They've taken an episodic doorstopper book and made a coherent movie out of it - impressing. Luna, Umbridge and Bellatrix are such a brillant addition to the series and they really get their deserved spotlight in this movie.

3) Half-Blood-Prince
Eventually there's something that never made it into the movies: teenage life and romance. This is the funniest HP movie ever! While the Draco storyline works pretty well, they left a little bit too much out of the back-story. The Inferi looked like Gollum.

4) Philosopher's Stone
Christmas and Cotton candy. I like the movie, but the movies got a lot more interesting in later years.

5) Chamber of Secrets
Philopher's Stone reloaded. Nothing new in this one.

6) Goblet of Fire
This movie feels so disjointed and awkward... One scene after another with a lot of changes that fail at explaining what's going on at all. The graveyard scene is great thanks to Ralph Fiennes, but the rest of the film just feels "Meh".

Shark_Blade
29-07-09, 11:25
Half Blood Prince
Prisoner of Azkaban
Chamber of Secrets
Sorcerer's Stone
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix

FourBalls
29-07-09, 12:49
...looked like Gollum.

Lmfao, I thought the exact same thing.

I'm gonna list the books:

Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows
Prizoner of Azkaban (it was my favourite of the series for years...I've read it over 10 times, seriously)
Order of the Phoenix
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets

I don't know why I don't like CoS that much. I suppose I wasn't really drawn to the story as much as the others. I liked the movie for Philosophers Stone more than the book because I saw the screen adaption before reading. All other books made to films...I like them all for various reasons.

The following paragraphs might contain spoilers for people who haven't seen the movies/read the books.

Prizoner of Azkaban was just amazing. Everything about it, the music, the screenplay, the whole atmosphere was almost breathtaking.

Order of the Phoenix I liked for the music especially. Yes, the acting (and Harry's hair) could've been better, but I still liked the overall feel of the movie...like something bad was happening/going to happen soon. Plus I loved the DA scenes. My only problem with the movie (if I remember correctly) is the final fight scene between Voldemort and Dumbledore. I thought it could've used some background music to make it more dramatic, but I suppose that's just my opinion.

Half-Blood Prince...I've seen that one only once. It was indeed the funniest HP movie so far. The whole Ron-Lavinder thing was awesome and well played. I still think Rupert has the most talent out of the trio. The symbolic gesture with the wands in the end of the movie was good. The scene was sad, but good. I kinda think the movie should've ended there though, with the close-up of Dumbledore's face. I don't know, the whole ending scene with Harry, Hermione and Ron talking seemed kind of unnecessary, but again, maybe that's just me. And OMG Harry and Ginny. Is there any chemistry at all between them or am I just not feeling it? Meh. Well, again the music was awesome, I like how the track Fireworks from the soundtrack of OotP has sort of become a theme for the Weasley twins.

Goblet of Fire was good over all but I didn't like it as much as the others. I didn't like the book much either. The whole thing between Ron and Harry and the Hermione/Krum relationship just kinda put me off it. Although in the movie the scene at the ball where Hermione yells at Ron was well played. Got to see some emotion at last, yay! I didn't like the soundtrack as much either. Oh well. Harry needed a haircut but he looked better than in OotP, lol.

Chamber of Secrets and Philosopher's Stone were good. They seemed happy, full of hope. The whole setting was a lot more colourful than in the recent films. I liked them a lot when I was younger, not so much now though, maybe because I've grown up as well.

So that's my two cents in. I don't even know why I wrote this, but still :p

just croft
29-07-09, 13:17
And OMG Harry and Ginny. Is there any chemistry at all between them or am I just not feeling it?

While reading the books I thought the exact same thing, I guess everyone's just way too anxious to see how Ron-Hermione turns out that everything else just seems insignificant.

McGloomy
29-07-09, 14:56
And OMG Harry and Ginny. Is there any chemistry at all between them or am I just not feeling it? Meh.
Somehow Cho felt way more significant in the fourth and fifth movie, where you saw Harry developing feelings for her over two films. From the first moment in the Burrow where Ginny discovers Harry's luggage you could tell that she's now suddenly a significant character. ("Since when did that girl have actual dialogue?") What did she do in OotP except of looking ****ed off once when Hermione mentions Cho? Nobody who hasn't read the books would have noticed it anyway. While their budding romance (bla :p) wasn't so bad in HBP, it felt pretty random (shoelace OMG) and could have been built up earlier in the movies. I liked the kiss though (although my girlfriend was sitting next to me in the cinema and screaming "Kitsch! KITSCH!" :D)

Ada the Mental
29-07-09, 15:08
Hey, it's not like the whole thing was any better developed in the books.
I mean, JKR, keeps talking in interviews about how Harry and Ginny are supposed to be soulmates. Okay, I can totally buy that Ginny is someone Harry would fall for, but when did we actually see that in the books? The way it played out in HBP it seemed he only liked her because she was pretty and spunky. :p

McGloomy
29-07-09, 15:16
The way it played out in HBP it seemed he only liked her because she was pretty and spunky. :p
I think J.K. Rowling once said in an interview "Harry is not, and never has been, a saint. Like Snape, he is flawed and mortal. Harry’s faults are that he's a superficial jerk who likes to bang Asian and ginger chicks."

OK, I might have made up that last part. :p

Ada the Mental
29-07-09, 15:20
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: ^
And he likes ginger chicks, because he obviously has a serious Oedipus complex. :p

Whatever, I don't mind Ginny, I don't really get why most of the fandom hates her guts.

McGloomy
29-07-09, 15:24
Whatever, I dont mind Ginny, I don't really get why most of the fandom hates her guts.
I remember writing a Harry Potter fanfic where Harry marries Cho... How wrong I was back then... :pi:

I have nothing against Ginny either. You just have the feeling she's trying to seduce an unexpecting Harry in the movie. His feelings for her were explored a lot more in the book (I liked how Rowling described the raging beast inside him) and he was the one who kissed her... But yeah, it's too late now anyway. Let's just wait for the next movie. :D

just croft
29-07-09, 15:40
I think J.K. Rowling once said in an interview "Harry is not, and never has been, a saint. Like Snape, he is flawed and mortal. Harry’s faults are that he's a superficial jerk who likes to bang Asian and ginger chicks."

OK, I might have made up that last part. :p

I remember writing a Harry Potter fanfic where Harry marries Cho... How wrong I was back then... :pi:

I have nothing against Ginny either. You just have the feeling she's trying to seduce an unexpecting Harry in the movie. His feelings for her were explored a lot more in the book (I liked how Rowling described the raging beast inside him) and he was the one who kissed her... But yeah, it's too late now anyway. Let's just wait for the next movie. :D

Ok I read it way too long ago to remember most of it but I didn't feel that much of a connection between Harry and Cho. I only felt she was more of a hoe type.

FourBalls
29-07-09, 15:57
Watching the movie I just felt awkward whenever Harry and Ginny were together. And the shoelace...wth was that all about? XD I don't mind Ginny, it's just the actor that plays her that I'm not too fond of for some reason.

McGloomy
29-07-09, 16:43
I like Bonnie Wright. It's hard to imagine she's been there since the first movie. Ginny was one of the most important characters in the second film's storyline, but it needed six films for her to actually be a main character. Just to be credited in the last place! Did anyone notice? In the credits she appeared on the last title card together with Julie Walters and someone else if I recall correctly.

Peanut
29-07-09, 16:49
Cho And Ginny really annoyed me! Cho was weird and Stupid and Ginny was a freak, what? Cant Harry Feed Himslef or tie his shoes? :confused:

Lara Fan 4Life
29-07-09, 16:51
In interviews Bonnie seems OK and relaxed, but on screen to me she felt uneasy and awkward all the time.

Rivendell
29-07-09, 17:14
Cho And Ginny really annoyed me! Cho was weird and Stupid and Ginny was a freak, what? Cant Harry Feed Himslef or tie his shoes? :confused:

:vlol: What a romantic life you must lead..

FourBalls
29-07-09, 17:29
Lolz, I guess Harry really doesn't know how to pick his girls :p

Nannonxyay
29-07-09, 18:52
You barely see Ginny, even in the latest film. She's in a few scenes and those are quite short. I really don't see any chemistry between them. :confused:

Nerd For Life
29-07-09, 20:16
I just came back from watching it the second time. I was literally cringing at the awkwardness between Harry and Ginny.

]{eith
29-07-09, 20:30
How much chemistry could anyone really have with Daniel Radcliffe anyway? :whi:

*hides*

McGloomy
30-07-09, 00:39
{eith;3874474']How much chemistry could anyone really have with Daniel Radcliffe anyway? :whi:
I get your point. The scene with the waitress... A hot girl like that would never hit on a slightly awkward guy like Harry. :o

Bonez
30-07-09, 10:00
Saw it for a third time last night, and I think its deffo one of those films where it becomes much better every time you see it. You notice more, and I think appreciate more of it... yeah.. Best HP film so far IMO. :D

Tonyrobinson
30-07-09, 20:55
I'm kinda ****ed film Ginny and Harry are going to hook up I didn't see anything there between them. Harry and Cho had a spark going but Ginny and him just don't :(

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 22:41
Lol, the thing I noticed the most this second time I watched it was how Snape in the end was all "HAY I'M THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE KTNXBAI!". Talk about rushed! :vlol:

Croft, Lara
30-07-09, 22:49
Lol, the thing I noticed the most this second time I watched it was how Snape in the end was all "HAY I'M THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE KTNXBAI!". Talk about rushed! :vlol:

I know what you mean!!!

In the film the idea of "The Half Blood Prince" was all a bit....meh.
It was just some dude who corrected a few potions and made up a brutal spell! When Snape said that line, I was like:

"I don't care!!!! You just killed Dumbledore!"

That part of the the plot was badly handled in my opinion.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 22:51
Yeah I mean the WHOLE thing is revolved about him being HPB, and in the end it was so anti-climatic for everyone who was expecting something better. :( I also thing they should have included more Riddle memories, though. Very sad they didn't. :(

Croft, Lara
30-07-09, 22:55
Yeah I mean the WHOLE thing is revolved about him being HPB, and in the end it was so anti-climatic for everyone who was expecting something better. :( I also thing they should have included more Riddle memories, though. Very sad they didn't. :(

I can forgive the Riddle memories kinda as they did need to fill the plot with some action for the kids.

QUICK QUESTIONS:

1) Is that how you imagined Fenrir Greyback?
2) What happened to Bellatrix's accent? It went from Cockney to "posh" in between films!
3) Is that how you imagined Narcissa?

Narcissa in my opinion should have been absoutely stunning. All white hair and no red lipstick. Thats how imagined her. As for Greyback, my friend didn't eve get the whole werewolf thing!

Rai
30-07-09, 23:01
I couldn't picture Greyback and I'm not disappointed with how he looked, but you wouldn't necessarily get that he was a werewolf from his looks in the film.

And from the first pic I saw of Narcissa, that is sooo not how I imagined her :mad:. I imagined her pale with silvery blond hair, kinda gaunt looking. Did she have a Cruella de vil-like black steak in her hair? And her clothes were just awful. I thought the actress did a fair job acting wise, but the look was all wrong.

Angel666
30-07-09, 23:01
I can forgive the Riddle memories kinda as they did need to fill the plot with some action for the kids.

QUICK QUESTIONS:

2) What happened to Bellatrix's accent? It went from Cockney to "posh" in between films!

Narcissa in my opinion should have been absoutely stunning. All white hair and no red lipstick. Thats how imagined her. As for Greyback, my friend didn't eve get the whole werewolf thing!

1) I thought Greyback was pretty cool actually. One of the highlights of the film. (and I don't even care about the character that much)
2) I didn't really notice. :confused:
3) HELL NO! :mad: What is so hard about "blonde"? It looked like she had a skunk on her head! She also didn't seem desperate enough to me. In the book she's sobbing all over the place and really desperate for Snapes help but in the movie I thought she was way to restrained. And I thought the actress they got was a bit too old looking.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:02
The movie centered too much around Harry and Ginny, IMO. Loved how they handled the Ron/Lavender, though. That was cool. :)

I imagined Fenrir to be more hairy and more... "animal" like. I mean, he was supposed to be fat and scary, and I didn't find him scary at all, not to mention badly handled. Only fans of the book would realise he was supposed to be Fenrir. :rolleyes:

I didn't notice Bella's accent, tbh.

I didn't imagine Narcissa like that at ALL. First of all, in that first scene where the sisters go visit Snape, Narcissa is supposed to be CRYING her eyes out, not being all serious. The whole scene was a bit disappointing. I imagined Narcissa like:

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2005/specials/globes05/show/worsthair/jrichardson.jpg

Joely Richardson would have been the perfect Cissy, IMO. :)

Croft, Lara
30-07-09, 23:05
I imagined more Naomi Watts:

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/n/naomi_watts/naomi-watts--5.jpg

I know what you mean about the crying. It annoyed me as well!!!

Fenrir should of been a hell of a lot more hairy! Bella's accent really annoyed me! I didn't notice it at first as I was just mesmirised by HBC's performance, but then I remembered the cockney and I was all "WOAH!"

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:09
Of course, people in the movie thread who didn't read the book are easily satisfied with anything. *hmpf* Naomi Watts would be OK. :)

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:13
I finally saw it! It took me long enough but I saw it.

+ Bellatrix and Luna rock my socks, love them!
+ Certain little things like Hermione's hair getting bushier with her frustration were cool.
+ Visually stunning
+ Some great perfomances, Slughorn stole the show.
+ Often quite funny

- Inferi were not as scary as I had pictured.
- Alot of plot points felt rushed or abandoned. 'I'm the Half-Blood Prince, kthnxbai' couldn't be more accurate.
- The sheer acting of Daniel Radcliffe
- Ginny chemistry? Lolwut?

But still, it's a brilliant movie. Doesn't knock Azkaban off the top of my list but I really enjoyed it.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:16
Oh yes, forgot to mention Luna, she's lovely as always!! :D

Azkaban is a great great movie. My second fave after Chamber. I really think Tom Riddle is a sexy ***** in Chamber. :cln:

Croft, Lara
30-07-09, 23:16
{eith;3878633']I finally saw it! It took me long enough but I saw it.

+ Bellatrix and Luna rock my socks, love them!
+ Certain little things like Hermione's hair getting bushier with her frustration were cool.
+ Visually stunning
+ Some great perfomances, Slughorn stole the show.
+ Often quite funny

- Alot of plot points felt rushed or abandoned. 'I'm the Half-Blood Prince, kthnxbai' couldn't be more accurate.
- The sheer acting of Daniel Radcliffe
- Ginny chemistry? Lolwut?

But still, it's a brilliant movie. Doesn't knock Azkaban off the top of my list but I really enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it! Jim Broadbent wasn't really how I imagined Slughorn. Though when I saw the film I loved him! You didn't think the Inferi were scary? I thought they looked scary, they just didn't act very threatening. Just kinds of climbed towards Harry.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:19
Slughorn was great. Not how I imagined him, but great.

I would have prefered the Inferi to look like dead human beings instead of looking like Gollum.

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:22
Glad you enjoyed it! Jim Broadbent wasn't really how I imagined Slughorn. Though when I saw the film I loved him! You didn't think the Inferi were scary? I thought they looked scary, they just didn't act very threatening. Just kinds of climbed towards Harry.

I had a much more frightening image of them in my mind. I pictured them more as individual dead people, but they just seemed more like a race of creatures in the film. They were creepy but not as creepy as I imagined. They also seemed kind of random, for anyone who hasn't read the book. Still, I really enjoyed the book. I loved how the necklace scene was done with Katie - I thought that was even creepier than I imagined.

And yes, Raquel, Tom Riddle is hot in the Chamber of Secrets. :cln:

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:24
{eith;3878663']And yes, Raquel, Tom Riddle is hot in the Chamber of Secrets. :cln:

What did you think of the guy who played teenage Tom? I wish Christian Coulson could still be Tom, but he's now too old to play him. :mad: Frank Dillane did a good job. He was charming. Not to mention hot as well. Just like teenage Tom is supposed to be.

And Tom as a kid was pretty creepy too. LOVED IT!

****, I love me some Voldy.

Nitro Typhoon
30-07-09, 23:25
{eith;3878633']

And it didn't scare you when an inferius suddenly appeared out of nowhere? I'm pretty sure that scared the hell outta everyone :p

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:27
^^I only peed a little bit. No, it was a scary moment but they themselves didn't scare me, but in the book they did).

I didn't really like teenage Tom. The actor, that is. He just didn't seem like a good actor, I was watching him and I just thought he felt stilted and not charismatic like the young Tom Riddle.

The kid who played Tom was great though, he was really like the defiant, weird, creepy-ass kid in the book.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:29
{eith;3878678']^^I only peed a little bit. No, it was a scary moment but they themselves didn't scare me, but in the book they did).

I didn't really like teenage Tom. The actor, that is. He just didn't seem like a good actor, I was watching him and I just thought he felt stilted and not charismatic like the young Tom Riddle.

The kid who played Tom was great though, he was really like the defiant, weird, creepy-ass kid in the book.

Aw, I thought he was ok. *pats his head* :pi:

Yeah I know right! When he said "I make thing bad things happen to people. I can make them hurt" I was all ":cln:!!!"

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:32
He was okay, but not great. I love (and this is something I've always been amused by since the beginning) how they have such huge name actors (Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Robbie Coltrane, etc) and yet they're used so little. Michael Gambon finally got to show off a little acting skill, cause he's a great actor but Dumbledore's been so untouchable in all the other films you wouldn't have needed a great actor. And I wish there was more McGonagall, she was always my favourite professor and I love Maggie Smith.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:37
You're totally right. There's a lot more Snape and McGonagall in the books, and yet so little in films. I'm really sad Richard Harris passed away though, I think he was the perfect Dumbledore. I'm not saying Gambon is bad or anything like that, he just portrays Dumbledore a different way.

And Alan Rickman will always be all kinds of amazing.

On a related note, I love Mark Williams and Julie Walters, they couldn't be more perfect as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley!

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:41
They are the perfect Weasleys! I love Julie Walters, she is so funny! Alan Rickman is just a sex machine. No question. And Maggie Smith was born to play McGonagall. Richard Harris was a great actor, my dad worked with him (actually he's worked with alot of people in the Harry Potter cast). My Dad told me about working with him and he said that he was just so hilarious. My Dad does Special Effects for films and they were doing this scene in some film where Richard Harris was in this little hole in the ground and he was supposed to pop up out of the ground and my Dad was down in the hole with him and so the Director would shout 'Action!' and Richard Harris wouldn't do anything and he'd just say to my dad, 'Let the ****ers wait!' :vlol:

Rai
30-07-09, 23:41
And Alan Rickman will always be all kinds of amazing.

Seconded. He IS Snape without a doubt, he's amazing but used soo little.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:44
{eith;3878704']They are the perfect Weasleys! I love Julie Walters, she is so funny! Alan Rickman is just a sex machine. No question. And Maggie Smith was born to play McGonagall. Richard Harris was a great actor, my dad worked with him (actually he's worked with alot of people in the Harry Potter cast). My Dad told me about working with him and he said that he was just so hilarious. My Dad does Special Effects for films and they were doing this scene in some film where Richard Harris was in this little hole in the ground and he was supposed to pop up out of the ground and my Dad was down in the hole with him and so the Director would shout 'Action!' and Richard Harris wouldn't do anything and he'd just say to my dad, 'Let the ****ers wait!' :vlol:

:vlol:!! Amazing! Your Dad has the best job ever. :tmb:

I usually say that Rupert Grint was born to play Ron Weasley. Because let's face it, he was.

Seconded. He IS Snape without a doubt, he's amazing but used soo little.

True. :(

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:46
:vlol:!! Amazing! Your Dad has the best job ever. :tmb:

I usually say that Rupert Grint was born to play Ron Weasley. Because let's face it, he was.

Yeah, he has a great job and I've worked with him alot over the last 10 years so I get to see all the off-shoot drama. It's great. :D

Rupert Grint is the perfect Ron Weasley.

Rai
30-07-09, 23:47
I hope they do Snapes's final scenes and memories justice in DH.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:47
I'm moving to Ireland and begging your Dad for a job.

I'm so eager to see this. Looking forward to it, I hope they don't ruin it... I realy loved The Prince's Tale. They're probably gonna cut half of it. sigh

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:48

They better! Or I will cut a *****! They've streamlined most of his character in the films over the years, they can't **** up his ending!

I'm moving to Ireland and begging your Dad for a job.

Come! You can stay with me! :mis:

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:51
You're probably just gonna use me for sex! :rolleyes:

*books tickets*

Who do you guys want as teenage Lily?

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:53
I haven't a clue. I don't really know any British teenage actresses.

And yes, I would.

Nerd For Life
30-07-09, 23:54
You could play teenage Lucius Malfoy. :cln: I dunno what for, but you could!

Ada the Mental
30-07-09, 23:56
I

Haven't seen the movie yet (ARGH%$%@@!!***&s) but from clips and images...
1)I imagined Greyback to be more hairy, scary and less fake-looking.
2)Why would Bellatrix have a cockney accent anyway? I've always imagined all the pure-bloods with ridiculously posh accents. :p
3)Hell, no. I picture her like Makani's Narcissa these days. :vlol: However, I like the actress and I obviously can't judge her performance yet, so at this point it's mostly the ridiculous hair that bugs me.

Actually, with the exceptions of Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrain, no one in the movies is how I imagined the characters.

EDIT: They had cast Lily for OotP. But I can't remember the girl's name.

]{eith
30-07-09, 23:56
You could play teenage Lucius Malfoy. :cln: I dunno what for, but you could!

:vlol: I've always wanted a cane! (I'm getting one pretty soon anyway). :p

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 00:15
I didn't imagine Fenrir like that I thought he should've had fangs and looks more like beast from x-men :(

Bellatrix's accent was cockney but posh during the unbreakable vow scene which I didn't get either :p

I imagined a very skinny yet beautiful Narcissia with long white-blonde hair like the other malfoy's :(

]{eith
31-07-09, 00:19
Narcissa was very diffferent in looks but true to her character so I was happy enough. Fenrir was so underused that all he had were his looks. He looks kinda like what I imagined but he was still a bit too human. As for Bellatrix, I was so busy trying not to drool over her I didn't even notice her accent. What can I say, I like bad girls. :p

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 00:33
This photo of Fenrir from DH looks like they captured him nicely:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/d/d2/Fenrir_Greyback_Deathly_Hallows.jpg

Your_Envy*
31-07-09, 11:15
I watched the movie yesterday and it was great! :jmp:

Spoilers!

I was kinda confused because of the beggining of the movie (but then again, I read the book a long time ago). I love Ron/Hermione's relationship, I think they play very good. :) I was crying when Dumbledore died. :whi: But I thought they will make a furneal, too. Anyway, Ginny and Harry - no chemistry, nothing. Even I could play better. :vlol: And the way Snape tolds Harry he's the half blood price is just.. Weird. Like "Hi I'm half blood prince, bye." Wut? :vlol:
I love the effect in this movie and I think it was great. :yah:

McGloomy
31-07-09, 11:23
http://i32.************/2mzmcyo.jpg

Shark_Blade
31-07-09, 11:36
Your Envy: Ginny x Harry relationship is so random. I agree no chemistry at all, even Hagrid and Madame Maxime can do better.

But Harry even fell for the girl from the subway cafe shop so I guess he's just desperate to bang any girl he can get, the horny beast.

Your_Envy*
31-07-09, 11:44
http://i32.************/2mzmcyo.jpg

*saves picture* Ahahahahahahahaha ZOMG! :vlol: :vlol: That's hilarious, I love it! :vlol: :vlol:

Your Envy: Ginny x Harry relationship is so random. I agree no chemistry at all, even Hagrid and Madame Maxime can do better.

But Harry even fell for the girl from the subway cafe shop so I guess he's just desperate to bang any girl he can get, the horny beast.

Hahaha! :vlol: Yeah, that's so true. I mean, they are holding hands (woow, what a big deal! :eek:) and their kiss is just.. Weird. I was laughing like crazy when I saw it. :whi: They should play better, their relationship in the book is perfect!

Was that even in the book? :vlol: I read it some time ago.. :pi: Horny beast haha! :vlol:

January_Snow*
31-07-09, 12:29
I just watched the movie last night and I have some immpressions:

The Half blood Prince the most awsome book in the series IMO, has been choped down, I understand they had to do that, but that much, half of the book is missing....:mad:

The movie is fun in general, and it seemed so short, and then I realised it lasted for 2 and half hours, thats good...

Young Voldemort in Hogwarts is a such a faggot, me and my friends laughed like crazy when he was started talking to Slughorn :vlol: :vlol: (No offense to gay persons on the forums)

Other than that the movie is ok...and yeah I looooooooooooooooove Belatrix Lestrainge, she is beyond awsome! :D
When she burned Hagrids hut :D the best scene in the whole movie! :D :D

McGloomy
31-07-09, 12:32
Other than that the movie is ok...and yeah I looooooooooooooooove Belatrix Lestrainge, she is beyond awsome! :D
Yeah, I half-expected her to start playing punk rock on her mobile phone and smashing empty beer bottles... :mis:

January_Snow*
31-07-09, 12:36
^^
She is awsomeee! :D
When she burned Hagrids hut, when she ran through the fields singing :"I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black" :vlol: epic! :D

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 14:18
Damn, we all have to wait another year until part 7.1 :(

Croft, Lara
31-07-09, 14:56
People who are perfect in their role:

Rupert Grint as Ron
Julie Walters as Mrs Weasley
Jason Isaacs as Lucius
ALAN RICKMAN as SNAPE
Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix
Dame Maggie Smith as McGonagall
Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid
Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood
Zoe Wanamaker as Madame Hooch
Gary Oldman as Sirius Black
Ralph Fiennes as Voldermort!!!
Kenneth Branagh as Lockhart
David Tennant as Barty Crouch Jr.
Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge
David Thewlis as Remus Lupin

Note: I do not like Michael Gambon's Dumbledore. He is far too aggressive! In Goblet of Fire when he shouts at Harry? Dumbledore would never do that! I always imagined Ian McKellen playing the role. But he was Gandalf so everything words out.

Shark_Blade
31-07-09, 14:58
Croft, Lara : I think Michael Gambon plays Dumbledore well in HBP though.

Tony: No need to rush Tony. Take it slow and do your stuff, eventually the movies will come. After all this will be our last HP movies. :o

I still can't thank God enough that they split DH into 2 movies = more hours!!

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 14:59
I pretty much agree with your list and Luna is Irish actress Evanna Lynch ;)

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 15:06
{eith;3878744']:vlol: I've always wanted a cane! (I'm getting one pretty soon anyway). :p

You already have one... :pi:

I watched the movie yesterday and it was great! :jmp:

Spoilers!

Anyway, Ginny and Harry - no chemistry, nothing. Even I could play better. :vlol:

And the way Snape tolds Harry he's the half blood price is just.. Weird. Like "Hi I'm half blood prince, bye." Wut? :vlol:

I KNOW! That was awful, I couldn't stop laughing :vlol:

Yeah Harry and Ginny was awful wasn't it. Loads better in the book, although I'm not a big fan of Harry/Ginny.

[IMG]http://i32.************/2mzmcyo.jpg[IMG]

LMAO PERFECT!

That part was pathetic. :rolleyes:

David Thewlis as Remus Lupin

:tmb: I don't get the hate for David Thewlis, he's a great Lupin.

As for that Dumbledore freak out in Goblet of Fire, I always laugh. I can't help it. He nearly strangles Harry. XD

Shark_Blade
31-07-09, 15:13
I finally got HBP OST! :D Currently I love track 6: 'Wizard Wheezes', it's like a wild club party dance theme lol! 'The Slug Party' sounds sooo obnoxious. :p

Just 2 more CDs and my HP movie soundtrack collection is complete. Joy.

Ada the Mental
31-07-09, 15:13
:tmb: I don't get the hate for David Thewlis, he's a great Lupin.
I like David Thewlis, I just can't see him as Lupin. Actually, I would have liked Fiennes as Lupin (he's not ideal for Voldemort, anyway). Same with Gary Oldman as Sirius. Oldman is one of my favourite actors, and I really like his Sirius, but he's not the Sirius in my head.

I've read the books so many times that I have very clear images of most of the characters in my head, so I tend to get disappointed with the movie equivalents.

I only disliked Gambon in the 4rth movie, with all the yelling and freaking out. I thought he was just fine in the 3rd and 5th one.

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 15:18
I like David Thewlis, I just can't see him as Lupin. Same with Gary Oldman as Sirius. Oldman is one of my favourite actors, and I really like his Sirius, but he's not the Sirius in my head.

I've read the books so many times that I have very clear images of most of the characters in my head, so I tend to get disappointed with the movie equivalents.

I only disliked Gambon in the 4rth movie, with all the yelling and freaking out. I thought he was just fine in the 3rd and 5th one.

I didn't really have a defined mental image for Lupin, to be honest. I started reading the first book after I saw promotional images for the first film, so I always picture Daniel as Harry, Rupert as Ron, Alan as Snape, etc, so that might have influenced it. :) That doesn't stop me from being disappointed with the films everytime though. XD One thing that always annoyed me was... HARRY POTTER HAS ****ING GREEN EYES, FOR ****'S SAKE! HOW HARD IS IT TO GET CONTACTS?!

Ada the Mental
31-07-09, 15:23
UGH! I know! I think they tried contacts but Dan's eyes got irritated? No idea of it's true. But I guess it won't be a problem as long as they cast a blue-eyed Lily.

Also, Harry's hair. WTF is it with the new haircut? Harry should have messy hair.
And don't get me started on Emma's hair. :p Out of character. Can you imagining Hermione getting up early every morning to flatten her hair?

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 15:26
Well... They should have casted someone else as Harry then :mad: It's an important plot point, after all! :(

Harry's hair as always annoyed me. In film 1, it was all combed and stuff. It was acceptable in film 3 and 4.

Hermione's hair was fine in film 1, though. Ron's hair is always perfect!

trXD
31-07-09, 15:35
Its J.K rowlings birthday today!:D

Oh and i learned some news that she plans to return to harry potter in 10 years... interesting!

Ada the Mental
31-07-09, 15:40
Its J.K rowlings birthday today!:D

Oh and i learned some news that she plans to return to harry potter in 10 years... interesting!

And Harry's! :D

I wish she'd just write the Encyclopedia now.

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 15:42
And Harry's! :D

I wish she'd just write the Encyclopedia now.

Omg I almost forgot it's Harry's bday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARRY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JRK! Thank you for writing these amazing series and making my life better. :hug:

NOW START WRITING THE ENCYCLOPEDIA, OR ELSE........

Croft, Lara
31-07-09, 16:15
In this film, there was a few times that the scar wasn't on Harry's forehead. I noticed it quite a bit (alond with the lense-less glasses).

You would of thought they would have put it on for every scene....I mean, it's only the premise behind the whole books!

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 16:17
In this film, there was a few times that the scar wasn't on Harry's forehead. I noticed it quite a bit (alond with the lense-less glasses).

You would of thought they would have put it on for every scene....I mean, it's only the premise behind the whole books!

I thought I was going crazy... I asked my friend but she didn't notice... :eek:

Croft, Lara
31-07-09, 16:25
I thought I was going crazy... I asked my friend but she didn't notice... :eek:

THANK YOU! It was REALLYy annoying me! Kind of ruined the film for me because I was looking out for it.

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 16:36
THANK YOU! It was REALLYy annoying me! Kind of ruined the film for me because I was looking out for it.

Thank YOU! I'm trying to remember a scene where it was really noticeable (not being there I mean). Was it a scene with Dumbledore? I can't remember.

Your_Envy*
31-07-09, 16:37
I KNOW! That was awful, I couldn't stop laughing :vlol:

Yeah Harry and Ginny was awful wasn't it. Loads better in the book, although I'm not a big fan of Harry/Ginny.

Yeah, it was! That picture somebody posted was perfect! :vlol:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan too, but they was more chemistry in book. :)

Hey I didn't notice that his scar is missing! :eek: But my friend said Dumbledore was breathing when he was.. Dead. :vlol: I didn't notice that too. :vlol:

Croft, Lara
31-07-09, 16:38
Thank YOU! I'm trying to remember a scene where it was really noticeable (not being there I mean). Was it a scene with Dumbledore? I can't remember.

It was hardly ever there. In the scene where Harry and Dumbledore are on the rock looking at the cave, they made the scar very noticeable.

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 16:43
But my friend said Dumbledore was breathing when he was.. Dead. :vlol: I didn't notice that too. :vlol:

LOL didn't notice that. Will have to do in the future :vlol:

It was hardly ever there. In the scene where Harry and Dumbledore are on the rock looking at the cave, they made the scar very noticeable.

Oh yes! I remember that...

McGloomy
31-07-09, 16:58
Richard Harris never had the chance to get to the interesting sides of Dumbledore's character, but I prefer Gambon a lot. Nevetheless the terrible scene where Dumbledore pushes Harry against the wall was one of the many things that make me hate the fourth movie...

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 17:08
Richard Harris never had the chance to get to the interesting sides of Dumbledore's character, but I prefer Gambon a lot. Nevetheless the terrible scene where Dumbledore pushes Harry against the wall was one of the many things that make me hate the fourth movie...

That's what I think. Such a shame he will never get to that DH part... :(

That scene makes me cringe so hard. HARRY DIDYA PUT YA NAME IN THE GOBLA DA FYAAAAA?! Honestly, Gambon. :(

McGloomy
31-07-09, 17:12
Honestly, Gambon. :(
Honestly, Cloves and Newell? :p

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 17:16
OK, I give up, I didn't want to sound dumb, but who the hell is Cloves?! :p

McGloomy
31-07-09, 17:24
OK, I give up, I didn't want to sound dumb, but who the hell is Cloves?! :p
My bad, his name is Steve Kloves. He's the screenwriter of all Potter movies except of OotP.

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 17:30
Ahhh! I take it you didn't like OotP either? :p I barely remember OotP movie tbh LOL.

Nitro Typhoon
31-07-09, 17:34
HARRY POTTER HAS ****ING GREEN EYES, FOR ****'S SAKE! HOW HARD IS IT TO GET CONTACTS?!

He does have green eyes?
Click (http://scholarization.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/harry-potter2.jpg) and click (http://www.student.chula.ac.th/~51373177/images/harry-potter.jpg)

Or maybe I'm just colourblind.

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 17:42
He does have green eyes?
Click (http://scholarization.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/harry-potter2.jpg) and click (http://www.student.chula.ac.th/~51373177/images/harry-potter.jpg)

Or maybe I'm just colourblind.

That looks blue to me. Daniel Radcliffe is blue-eyed. :)

McGloomy
31-07-09, 17:43
I take it you didn't like OotP either? :p
I love OotP... xD
I remember being sad when Kloves returned to writing the screenplays, but he did a good job with PoA and HBP, so I better shut up. :pi:

Nitro Typhoon
31-07-09, 17:44
That looks blue to me. Daniel Radcliffe is blue-eyed. :)

Yeah, you're right... but the eyes aren't the only problem, isn't he supposed to have 'jet black hair'?

Oh, and am I the only one who think Radcliffe looks ridiculous as Harry in the DH film? :p

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 17:45
I love OotP... xD
I remember being sad when Kloves returned to writing the screenplays, but he did a good job with PoA and HBP, so I better shut up. :pi:

I just finished re-read PoA today. I had almost forgotten who good it was. I love the Time-Turner part!!

Yeah, you're right... but the eyes aren't the only problem, isn't he supposed to have 'jet black hair'?

Oh, and am I the only one who think Radcliffe looks ridiculous as Harry in the DH film? :p

LOL that's right. He's got brown hair. I didn't see any pics of him in DH yet.

xXhayleyroxXx
31-07-09, 17:46
i went to see this on wednesday night and it was excellent :ton:

but wow they missed a lot out, oh well i guess its a film and it was long enough already .

McGloomy
31-07-09, 17:47
I guess they could have taken the one boy who looks exactly like Harry is described in the books (including real scar). Chances are that such a boy does exist, but chances are also that he just can't act. Neither of the child actors of HP deserve an Oscar, but Dan is making the best out of the role I guess.

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 17:51
I think Emma is improving. Rupert is the best out of the trio, for me.

Nitro Typhoon
31-07-09, 17:54
I guess they could have taken the one boy who looks exactly like Harry is described in the books (including real scar). Chances are that such a boy does exist, but chances are also that he just can't act. Neither of the child actors of HP deserve an Oscar, but Dan is making the best out of the role I guess.

Good points. I never really cared for the appearances anyway.

^ Yeah, Emma seems to be getting a lot better :D
She was probably the weakest out of the three.

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 20:25
Harry had green eyes is GOF. Which was about the only thing I liked in that movie :p

peeves
31-07-09, 20:35
Harry had green eyes is GOF. Which was about the only thing I liked in that movie :p

Well all the movies his eyes were blue Dan Radcliffe has blue eyes that's in the book.

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 20:41
Well all the movies his eyes were blue Dan Radcliffe has blue eyes that's in the book.

Yes but he had green contacts in GOF :p

Shark_Blade
31-07-09, 20:57
^ Yeah, Emma seems to be getting a lot better :D
She was probably the weakest out of the three.Oh no she wasn't! :smk: They all have pros and cons and they compliment each other well.

Yes but he had green contacts in GOF :pNo he didn't.:confused:

Lara Fan 4Life
31-07-09, 21:01
I always thought Emma was the better of the three, but Rupert was great in HBP. :D

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:02
Oh no she wasn't! :smk: They all have pros and cons and they compliment each other well.

No he didn't.:confused:

I'm pretty sure he did. There's one scene in the maze were he turns around close up and he has green eyes and when he wakes up in the burrow he has green eyes when he has a close up after the dream ;)

Shark_Blade
31-07-09, 21:02
Lara Fan 4Life: I feel the same. :D

Tony: Maybe you can give screencap? :) I think I need to rewatch GoF. Dan has stated since Sorcerer's Stone that he's uncomfortable to wear contact lenses so this is hardly the case.

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:06
Maybe not hehe :) It was just the glow of the avada kedavra on the house keeper whoopsie :)

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 21:07
I'm pretty sure he did. There's one scene in the maze were he turns around close up and he has green eyes and when he wakes up in the burrow he has green eyes when he has a close up after the dream ;)

Maybe a reflection from the bushes around him in the maze?

Ada the Mental
31-07-09, 21:09
Someone needs to tell Emma that she doesn't have to deliver every line in one breath. :p She overacts a lot. But she is getting better.

And it was probably the lighting in those scenes that made Dan's eyes appear green.

It's in the books that Dan has blue eyes? :eek: :cln:

peeves
31-07-09, 21:11
Yes but he had green contacts in GOF :p

Actually, someone needs to tell Emma that she doesn't have to deliver every line in one breath. :p She overacts a lot. But she is getting better.

And it was probably the lighting in those scenes that made Dan's eyes appear green.

It's in the books that Dan has blue eyes? :eek: :cln:

Well in the book his eyes are green in the movie they're blue well in the scene the green is just from the killing curse after the dream. In the maze his eyes were blue. So every single movie harry's eyes are blue. And no he didn't have green contacts in GoF his eyes remained blue.

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:16
Yeah I realized that Teehee :p

High resouloution Pics:

http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18456&f=harryhermione4.jpg

http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18456&f=ronharry4.jpg

They kinda look green though :)

Your_Envy*
31-07-09, 21:23
Is it that important? Colour of his eyes I mean. Just asking, don't kill meh! :eek: :vlol:
Looks blue IMO. :pi:

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:25
Is it that important? Colour of his eyes I mean. Just asking, don't kill meh! :eek: :vlol:

How dare you accuse such accusations are unimportant!

:smk: :smk: :smk:

No not really that important. I treat the books and movies different:)

peeves
31-07-09, 21:29
Yeah I realized that Teehee :p

High resouloution Pics:

http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18456&f=harryhermione4.jpg

http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=18456&f=ronharry4.jpg

They kinda look green though :)

Well let's face it i saw the pics and they're blue not green :smk:

Ada the Mental
It's more important that he has the same eyes as Lily, than the actual colour, I guess.

peeves
It's more important that he has the same eyes as Lily, than the actual colour, I guess.

The actual color is blue.

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:31
This just in:

Lily clearly has Brown eyes!

Nah, the eyes aren't improtant they don't add anything to the storyline there isn't even any purpose in the end that he has Lily's eyes :vlol:

Nerd For Life

Word.

TRexbait
Looks blue IMO. :pi:Kinda, it was emphasized in Chamber of Secret's with Ginny's valentine.Maybe that's why they cut that scene out. :pi:

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:33
They cut out so much of Ginny in the movies that she is just random pairing in the HBP movie :vlol:

Your_Envy*
31-07-09, 21:36

Nooooeees I got spanked! :eek: :o Sowwie.

Hahaha, yeah, me too. Movies are just based on a books. So many things are different. :)

Well let's face it i saw the pics and they're blue not green :smk:

Yes, they are blue. ZOMG. :p

Kinda, it was emphasized in Chamber of Secret's with Ginny's valentine.Maybe that's why they cut that scene out. :pi:

Oooh. I can't remeber, oh my, I must read that book again. :o They cut so many scenes out?

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:38
Yes, I openly admitted that I had made a mistake and that they're infact blue. Shall we move on :p

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 21:40
Oooh. I can't remeber, oh my, I must read that book again. :o They cut so many scenes out?

Not many, I think. :)

Yes, I openly admitted that I had made a mistake and that they're infact blue. Shall we move on :p

WE SHALL TORTURE YOU FOREVER NOW!1111111

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:42
Not many, I think. :)

WE SHALL TORTURE YOU FOREVER NOW!1111111

Do that and I'll get the Mods(Forum Mafia) involved :mis:

Lee croft
31-07-09, 21:42
i saw the new film!! i cant belive it!!!! i think i like draco whatshisname :cln:

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 21:44
Do that and I'll get the Mods(Forum Mafia) involved :mis:

Dang it!

i saw the new film!! i cant belive it!!!! i think i like draco whatshisname :cln:

That would be Draco Malfoy

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:45
Hahaha, Tom Felton looked sooo funny in the borrowers :D

http://www.freewebs.com/tom_fanatics/the_borrowers.jpg

Croft, Lara
31-07-09, 21:47

Draco Malfoy. Played by Tom Felton.

http://16.media.tumblr.com/FhYEqNigUppolb04mQMYkjlso1_400.jpg

Who I like. :ton:

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 21:48
I only think Tom Felton is good looking as Draco. :p

Lee croft
31-07-09, 21:49
does he where a wig in the harry potter films??? ...if not all that bleaching o_o

I only think Tom Felton is good looking as Draco. :p

same here actually

Your_Envy*
31-07-09, 21:49

http://16.media.tumblr.com/FhYEqNigUppolb04mQMYkjlso1_400.jpg

YUMEEH! :cln::cln:

Marianna12
31-07-09, 21:50

[IMG]http://16.media.tumblr.com/FhYEqNigUppolb04mQMYkjlso1_400.jpg

Oh My Gawd!!!:cln::cln::cln:

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 21:53
Woah alot happens in 5 minutes :p

Your_Envy*
31-07-09, 22:00
More hot pictures Tom Felton before I go to bed, please. Anyone? :whi:

Tonyrobinson
31-07-09, 22:03
Tom Felton has a girlfriend!

Nah,nah,nah,nah,nah!

Croft, Lara
31-07-09, 22:03
More hot pictures Tom Felton before I go to bed, please. Anyone? :whi:

http://feltbeats.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/draco__opt.jpg

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00748/Tom_Felton_748601a.jpg

The answer is: I have no idea.

woody543
31-07-09, 22:07
Haha the first pic was quite obviously fake/ Photoshoped to the max!

Nerd For Life
31-07-09, 22:07
Sectumsempra!

peeves
01-08-09, 00:46
Mrs. Norris ain't in the Half-Blood Prince movie is she?

]{eith
01-08-09, 00:49
I don't remember seeing her. Maybe she was, I just can't remember ever seeing her.

peeves
01-08-09, 00:53
{eith;3881866']I don't remember seeing her. Maybe she was, I just can't remember ever seeing her.

Well she probably wasn't.

Tonyrobinson
01-08-09, 01:12
No, I don't think Mrs Norris was in it at all. Although I did see Crookshanks :)

peeves
01-08-09, 01:13
No, I don't think Mrs Norris was in it at all. Although I did see Crookshanks :)

Well in the first, second, fourth, and fifth films Mrs. Norris' eyes are red but in the third film they're light green.

Tonyrobinson
01-08-09, 01:16
Well in the first, second, fourth, and fifth films Mrs. Norris' eyes are red but in the third film they're light green.

No they're definatley blue:tea:

Hyper_Crazy
01-08-09, 01:17
I'm sorry but you're talking about the cats eyes, rather pointles if you ask me.

Tonyrobinson
01-08-09, 01:19
I'm sorry but you're talking about the cats eyes, rather pointles if you ask me.

It's a joke. Read back a few pages:D

peeves
01-08-09, 01:23
I know it was a joke :rolleyes:

Tonyrobinson
01-08-09, 01:26
Well I for one think Mrs Norris really tried to off herself in the second movie and wasn't really petrified. You see she found out that Filch was going to fall in love with Umbridge in the future so she hooked up with Crookshanks instead and had beautiful Mongrel Kittys :p

peeves
01-08-09, 01:27
Well I for one think Mrs Norris really tried to off herself in the second movie and wasn't really petrified. You see she found out that Filch was going to fall in love with Umbridge in the future so she hooked up with Crookshanks instead and had beautiful Mongrel Kittys :p

Did this happen in the movie or did you just make that up?

Tonyrobinson
01-08-09, 01:33
Did this happen in the movie or did you just make that up?

nah I made it up:)

peeves
01-08-09, 01:35
nah I made it up:)

So What color eyes do you think Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) should have in the 7th movie? I still think his eyes should be blue just like he had in the 4th and 5th movies.

Tonyrobinson
01-08-09, 01:50
So What color eyes do you think Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) should have in the 7th movie? I still think his eyes should be blue just like he had in the 4th and 5th movies.

I liked his white eyes like at the graveyard :)

http://www.fabbricantidiuniversi.it/harrypotter/immagini/voldemort1.jpg

peeves
01-08-09, 01:52
I liked his white eyes like at the graveyard :)

http://www.fabbricantidiuniversi.it/harrypotter/immagini/voldemort1.jpg

Well his blue eyes are better IMO but his white eyes ain't bad either.

Shark_Blade
01-08-09, 03:25
Why can't it be red?

Your_Envy*
01-08-09, 09:51
Tom Felton has a girlfriend!

Nah,nah,nah,nah,nah!

Well I can still dream, can't I? :tea:

Thanks for the pictures. :D

Voldy is spooky. :o Blue, white or red eyes, he is spooky. :whi:

Funny avatars anyone? :D

http://www.shrani.si/f/1z/5y/1svkb9aR/all-voldemort-needs.jpg http://www.shrani.si/f/3r/6p/2PoIoiZJ/1/are-you-going-out.gif http://www.shrani.si/f/2L/wC/1huApUzv/crucio.png http://www.shrani.si/f/18/xL/1HLuNt9V/eight-horcruxes.jpg http://www.shrani.si/f/1u/5z/KKV44zG/flying.gif

McGloomy
01-08-09, 12:29
Those avatars are hilarious! :tmb:
Why can't it be red?
In the GoF documentary they said that the contrast between Voldemort's and Harry's eyes works in the books, but wouldn't work in a movie. Don't ask me why, but I guess they have their artistic reasons. I think right now Voldemort looks like a pretty awkward human - and that's a good thing, because it would be pretty easy to make him look like a total ghost or monster.

http://samuelatgilgal.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/village-of-the-damned.jpg

Shark_Blade
01-08-09, 15:17
I did watched the making of GoF in the dvd, they put motion capture dots on Voldy's face to animate his snake like face later. I think it'll work great if they do the red eyes it's pretty much like Sauron from Lotr or those kids pics you posted...

What movie are those little kids from? I remember them from my childhood scary movie. They can control people's mind is it? I vaguely remember them making a woman slicing open her stomach with a knife. :eek:

Nitro Typhoon
01-08-09, 15:49
I'm glad they left the red eyes out. It sort of makes the character look stereotypically evil, and that wouldn't be a very good look for Voldy in the movies. It shows that he can look evil and fearful without being too far from resembling a human.

]{eith
01-08-09, 15:53
If Voldemort had red eyes and was a little skinnier he would be exactly as I imagined him to be.

http://i32.************/wlolch.png

January_Snow*
01-08-09, 16:49
I didnt know where to post this, but I just wanted you people to know that i just tried it, and Harry Potter 6 game is moddable with texmod :D
Think of the possibilities! :D :D

McGloomy
01-08-09, 16:56
Those creepy children are from "Village of the Damned (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_of_the_Damned_(1960_film))". The picture I used is from the remake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_of_the_Damned_(1995_film))with Christopher Reeve and Mark Hammil.
I didnt know where to post this, but I just wanted you people to know that i just tried it, and Harry Potter 6 game is moddable with texmod :D
Think of the possibilities! :D :D
Crabbe and Goyle with matching "I'm with stupid" T-shirts? :mis:
Post your discovery in the TexMod game list (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=101210). :tmb:

Nerd For Life
02-08-09, 19:20
{eith;3883688']If Voldemort had red eyes and was a little skinnier he would be exactly as I imagined him to be.

http://i32.************/wlolch.png

You're a sexist. You think every woman needs to be thi-

Oh wait. ;)

Is Harry Potter HBP videogame any good?

just croft
03-08-09, 01:04
So I just heard this awful news I felt so outraged I had to put it somewhere here. A guy sitting next to me in a cafe today read outloud to his friends from the newspaper the following news: In London, during a Half-blood Prince cinema session, a woman had to stand up and ask some guys to stop making so much noise. They later set her on fire.

...sad.

Angel666
03-08-09, 01:26
So I just heard this awful news I felt so outraged I had to put it somewhere here. A guy sitting next to me in a cafe today read outloud to his friends from the newspaper the following news: In London, during a Half-blood Prince cinema session, a woman had to stand up and ask some guys to stop making so much noise. They later set her on fire.

...sad.

:yik: HOLY ****.

]{eith
03-08-09, 01:50
Attack (http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0731/potterh.html)

That poor woman. What a senseless attack. :(

Angelus
03-08-09, 01:53

...sad.

They didn't set her on fire, they threw bleach over her. :(

just croft
03-08-09, 01:56
Uhm, again I didn't read it just heard it. It was such a stupid act!

McGloomy
03-08-09, 02:09
I also told some kids to shut up during the movie... I would never had expected a reaction like that! However that story goes quite well with all that other ****ed up **** going in the world... I hope she gets through without permanent damage and those stupid teenagers are punished.