PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Shark_Blade
03-08-09, 04:28
:eek: People are so ****ed up nowadays..

Tidus
03-08-09, 04:32
That's horrible! I hope they receive some sort of punishment. Obviously the teenagers weren't real Harry Potter fans. If they had been, they may have picked up on a few things concerning respect, love, friendship, *insert positive trait* that are present in the books and movies. There's no reason for such hate to stem from something so simple.

To change the subject, the filming for Bill and Fleur's wedding will be shot on August 10th. Very excited :jmp:

peeves
04-08-09, 19:01
So I just heard this awful news I felt so outraged I had to put it somewhere here. A guy sitting next to me in a cafe today read outloud to his friends from the newspaper the following news: In London, during a Half-blood Prince cinema session, a woman had to stand up and ask some guys to stop making so much noise. They later set her on fire.

...sad.

I also told some kids to shut up during the movie... I would never had expected a reaction like that! However that story goes quite well with all that other ****ed up **** going in the world... I hope she gets through without permanent damage and those stupid teenagers are punished.

Well those kids are rude and need discipline :smk:

Rai
04-08-09, 19:07
{eith;3888100']Attack (http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0731/potterh.html)

That poor woman. What a senseless attack. :(

Holly Crap! Over-reaction much?

I hope she doesn't have any permanent damage. Poor woman.:(

peeves
04-08-09, 19:08
Well the children should probably get sent away to a school for bad kids. Serves em right.

McGloomy
05-08-09, 07:09
Well the children should probably get sent away to a school for bad kids.
St. Brutus's Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys? :o

Angel666
05-08-09, 07:15
:vlol: Indeed.

McGloomy
05-08-09, 09:04
Started reading Deathly Hallows yesterday. It's the second time I read it in English (I also read it once in German I think.) It's awesome how quick you get to page 100... :D

I'll also watch HBP for the third time tonight, but this time in English. Will be pretty cool to hear the original voices (all movies are dubbed here in Germany).

Angel666
05-08-09, 09:13
I just finished rereading HBP a few days ago and enjoyed it WAY more than the film. I'm attempting to read DH again but I find myself skimming most chapters and wondering whats on tv. :whi:

Croft, Lara
05-08-09, 09:18
I was going to re-read the books over the summer. But I ended up eating ice-cream insted. :whi:

I'm gonna start at Christmas I swear.

Angel666
05-08-09, 09:28
I have so many other books I need to read Deathly Hallows has been pushed to the backburner indefinately. Is there a release date for part one yet?

McGloomy
05-08-09, 12:00
Part 1 is scheduled for release on November 19, 2010. Part 2 is scheduled for release on July 15, 2011.
(Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows_(film)))

peeves
07-08-09, 20:44
Well At least in the 6th movie someone gets detention the part where the green christmas party tent someone did something inappropriate to snape and snape gave him a month's worth of detention but it was harry potter like he did in the 1st 2nd and 5th movies.

Croft, Lara
07-08-09, 21:12
A must read for any Harry Potter fans.

No Spoilers. I think. Not Sure.

The Link (http://www.spunkybean.com/commentary/1039-top-10-reasons-why-harry-potter-is-better-than-twilight9)

I agree with everything on there.

AmericanAssassin
07-08-09, 21:15
^ I just almost died laughing from one of the lines on there. :p

Meyer's vampires can't go into the sun because they sparkle like disco balls. Ridiculous.

Hahaha! So true and so dumb. :vlol:

peeves
07-08-09, 23:37
What do you think the 7th movie should be rated? Either PG or PG-13. I think it should be PG-13 just like #4 and #5.

just croft
07-08-09, 23:55
What do you think the 7th movie should be rated? Either PG or PG-13. I think it should be PG-13 just like #4 and #5.

From the 4th book onwards they should have just made them as high as possible all of them. I wouldn't like to see The Deathly Hallows being made for little kids...

peeves
08-08-09, 00:33
From the 4th book onwards they should have just made them as high as possible all of them. I wouldn't like to see The Deathly Hallows being made for little kids...

What do you mean high as possible? not R you mean PG-13? Well the 6th movie is PG for a reason since it doesn't contain that serious things so it'd be pointless for #6 to be PG-13 for minor things.

Catracoth
08-08-09, 00:34
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/shirtless4ever/tomfelton.jpg

The number one thing in Harry Potter.

Croft, Lara
08-08-09, 00:35
Really Catracoth? Angelfire? I always felt that could be left out! ;)

just croft
08-08-09, 00:39
What do you mean high as possible? not R you mean PG-13? Well the 6th movie is PG for a reason since it doesn't contain that serious things so it'd be pointless for #6 to be PG-13 for minor things.

The last film was pointed at a childish audience, that's not the way I imagined Malfoy would suffer from Sectumsempra. That was really not how the book described it... there was a lot more blood involved.

peeves
08-08-09, 00:43
The last film was pointed at a childish audience, that's not the way I imagined Malfoy would suffer from Sectumsempra. That was really not how the book described it... there was a lot more blood involved.

I know some parts of the movie were dark but most of the movie has not been that serious so therefore it has been PG.

just croft
08-08-09, 00:47
I know some parts of the movie were dark but most of the movie has not been that serious so therefore it has been PG.

:confused: I know... and it shouldn't. The book was darker, the film should be too.

peeves
08-08-09, 00:52
:confused: I know... and it shouldn't. The book was darker, the film should be too.

Well the part that woulda made it PG-13 was cut from the film.

just croft
08-08-09, 00:59
Well the part that woulda made it PG-13 was cut from the film.

Well then it shouldn't have been cut, when the some of the scenes (e.g. Malfoy getting hit with Sectumsempra) should have been more graphical. It's not like these films should be aimed at little kids anymore, they would get the plot at this time anyway, let them re-watch the old films and grow up.

Tidus
08-08-09, 01:03

I understand the argument, but I would have been happy either way.

Look at it this way: the movie was probably more lighthearted because Deathly Hallows will be anything but lighthearted...it was probably a 'bon voyage' to the younger aspect of the series, to make way for the adult movie. I don't think DH will be R but it'll certainly be 13. I was overall happy with the movie.

peeves
08-08-09, 01:22
Well then it shouldn't have been cut, when the some of the scenes (e.g. Malfoy getting hit with Sectumsempra) should have been more graphical. It's not like these films should be aimed at little kids anymore, they would get the plot at this time anyway, let them re-watch the old films and grow up.
Well i agree with you iknow it shoulda been PG-13 as well but unfortuneately it wasn't. :( Well i think under 13's should keep watching SS, CoS and PoA til they turn 13 then they may watch GoF, OotP, HBP etc.

Look at it this way: the movie was probably more lighthearted because Deathly Hallows will be anything but lighthearted...it was probably a 'bon voyage' to the younger aspect of the series, to make way for the adult movie. I don't think DH will be R but it'll certainly be 13. I was overall happy with the movie.

Well i know but that still doesn't mean HBP should be minor and of course DH will almost certainly be PG-13. Well the 4th, 5th, and 6th movies are the best 3 IMO. GoF was the best HBP second best OotP third best. the first 3 movies weren't that great IMHO.

just croft
08-08-09, 01:34

I'm happy with the film, it was great. But it could have been better. As for the future... I can't be that positive.

Tidus
08-08-09, 01:52
I'm happy with the film, it was great. But it could have been better. As for the future... I can't be that positive.

I'm hopeful! I try to be optimistic. The seven potters chase scene I"m hoping will be in the air...not on a freeway :/

cbragg09
08-08-09, 01:57
i thought Half Blood Prince was a little boring

Tidus
08-08-09, 02:01

It's supposed to be the emotion and character driven book/movie of the series.

just croft
08-08-09, 02:07

It's supposed to be the emotion and character driven book/movie of the series.

Yes, it's like the silence before the battle. The Deathly Hallows is different in every way from all other HP books.

Tidus
08-08-09, 02:10
Yes, it's like the silence before the battle. The Deathly Hallows is different in every way from all other HP books.

There we go lol, just the words I was looking for! Glad we're on the same wavelength :D

peeves
08-08-09, 02:23

Well some parts of HBP were boring but most were pretty decent just like GoF and OotP.

Dixie
08-08-09, 02:29

Yeah, the only way DH would be R would be MAYBE if they do the Dumbledore scene exactly as it is in the book (i.e. naked Harry).

As far as ratings go, the movie industry is the exact opposite of the game industry (game ratings becoming more strict, movies very loose). For example, if the "heavy alcohol use" in HBP had been in, say, CoS, it would've been PG-13.

I found it silly that people (mostly moms with little kids and what I suspect to be middle-aged Twilight fans) have started bashing Potter over things like alcohol use and, more recently, "damaging the reputation of journalism" (an article from a professor at my own school, which is very pro-potter. I was very surprised to find it on MuggleNet a while back.)

Tidus
08-08-09, 02:34
Yeah, the only way DH would be R would be MAYBE if they do the Dumbledore scene exactly as it is in the book (i.e. naked Harry).

As far as ratings go, the movie industry is the exact opposite of the game industry (game ratings becoming more strict, movies very loose). For example, if the "heavy alcohol use" in HBP had been in, say, CoS, it would've been PG-13.

I found it silly that people (mostly moms with little kids and what I suspect to be middle-aged Twilight fans) have started bashing Potter over things like alcohol use and, more recently, "damaging the reputation of journalism" (an article from a professor at my own school, which is very pro-potter. I was very surprised to find it on MuggleNet a while back.)

When I first read your post I thought: Harry was naked when Dumbledore died on the tower??!!! But then I re-read the post...

Yes...the religious fanatics have somewhat slowed their assault. They flamed up when Rowling outed Dumbledore (no pun intended :ton:) but they've calmed down again.

Dixie
08-08-09, 03:24
I think it has a lot to do with the clear religious symbolism in DH, as well as Rowling herself stating that she had written this symbolism into the series purposefully.

I was honestly shocked that anyone (ANYONE) from my school (Baylor) would bash hp. I don't know a single person on campus that dislikes the series. And this is a very strict, Baptist school.

Which brings up the question: Why don't we have a Quidditch team?:confused:

peeves
08-08-09, 18:26
I think it has a lot to do with the clear religious symbolism in DH, as well as Rowling herself stating that she had written this symbolism into the series purposefully.

I was honestly shocked that anyone (ANYONE) from my school (Baylor) would bash hp. I don't know a single person on campus that dislikes the series. And this is a very strict, Baptist school.

Which brings up the question: Why don't we have a Quidditch team?:confused:

Well i thought HP is inappropriate for Church ain't it not?

tonyme
08-08-09, 18:53
I really missed the whole fight scene at the end. It was supposed to be a lot more epic than what it eventually turned out to be!

Nerd For Life
08-08-09, 18:56
I really missed the whole fight scene at the end. It was supposed to be a lot more epic than what it eventually turned out to be!

I wish Dumbledore's death had been a lot more... touching, too.

McGloomy
09-08-09, 00:24
Oh common, the wand raising scene was the most touching HP moment ever! Cedric and Sirius... well, they just died, but now we really had an emotional farewell scene.

I watched HBP for the third time three days ago (this time in English). The young Tom Riddle was amazing, this boy had some subtle acting going on! I absolutely love the expression on his face when the wardrobe bursts into flames: shock and satisfaction at the same time...

I also keep discovering all those little details in this movie. When Luna hands out Quibblers in the Hogwarts Express, there's a chocolate frog climbing up one of the glass doors, only to be grabbed and eaten by a student moments later. :D

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 00:50
I thought the same about the death in HBP although it was my sisters first Potter movie and she started crying :p

peeves
09-08-09, 01:20
Well all 3 deaths Cedric's, Sirius', and Dumbledore's scenes were really cool. I liked Dumbledore's the most since it's the saddest music and all 3 death scenes in GoF, OotP, and HBP Dan Radcliffe really did a good job in crying in agony. ;)

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:22
Dan's crying in GOF was mental it made him sound scarred for live and technically his character was. It was so deliciously distressed :p

peeves
09-08-09, 01:23
Dan's crying in GOF was mental it made him sound scarred for live and technically his character was. It was so deliciously distressed :p

When will the new movie be on DVD?

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:26
December 7th is HBP's release :D

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 01:27
I think Dan's acting is terrible lol, but he's a good kid. :)

peeves
09-08-09, 01:30
December 7th is HBP's release :D
Do we really hefta wait that long? :( 4 months i can't wait :(

I think Dan's acting is terrible lol, but he's a good kid. :)

Well he's good acting in harry potter especially his crying on GoF, OotP, and HBP.

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:33
Sadly yes. Hey it's like 16 weeks away only :D

peeves
09-08-09, 01:34
Sadly yes. Hey it's like 16 weeks away only :D

Yeah but i really can't wait that long in fact i wannit on DVD ASAP. :(

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:39
I want a rainbow pony but we can't have everything :p

peeves
09-08-09, 01:41
I want a rainbow pony but we can't have everything :p

It's too bad we can't have everything we want :( *crying in agony*

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:41
It's too bad we can't have everything we want :( *crying in agony*

*Joins*

I bet I can make you cry even more...

peeves
09-08-09, 01:45
*Joins*

I bet I can make you cry even more...

Ya mean by torturing me? :(

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:47
Ya mean by torturing me? :(

No. By this...

Mrs. Norris has been Petrified :tea:

peeves
09-08-09, 01:48
No. By this...

Mrs. Norris has been Petrified :tea:

I won't cry over that. :smk:

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 01:49
I actually felt sorry for Filch in the movie... :( Poor Mrs. Norris!

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:49
I won't cry over that. :smk:

Fine then by this... Mrs Norris is not going to be in anymore HP movies:p

peeves
09-08-09, 01:50
Fine then by this... Mrs Norris is not going to be in anymore HP movies:p

I won't care for that either :smk:

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:51
I won't care for that either :smk:

I thought you loved Mrs Norris and her ever changing eyes and actress:D

peeves
09-08-09, 01:52
I thought you loved Mrs Norris and her ever changing eyes and actress:D

I do but I wouldn't cry if she ain't in no more HP movies.

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 01:56
Haha I was once on IMDb and found lot's of funny book quote one was.

Hermione said "I'm just showing Neville my Bearded Bowtruckle"

and another was

Snape told Harry to Peel Malfoy's Shrivell fig....

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 02:00
Snape told Harry to Peel Malfoy's Shrivell fig....

I'm trying hard not to giggle.

]{eith
09-08-09, 02:01

I'm not trying at all! :vlol:

peeves
09-08-09, 02:03
I don't understand comedy i don't understand what's funny and what's not due to my aspergers.

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:04

I'll try to quote some more some are too risque to post though...

A few from OOTP:

"You two just Apparated on my knees!"
"Yeah, well, it's harder in the dark --" (97)

"There was a groan of bedsprings, and Harry's mattress descended a few inches as George sat down near his feet.
"So, got there yet?" said George eagerly. (100)

"He's having a go at my mother!" Seamus yelled. (218)

"Ron was lying sprawled on his back with his mouth wide open." (121)

"Manners, Potter," said Snape dangerously. "Now, I want you to close your eyes."
Harry threw him a filthy look before doing as he was told. He did not like the idea of standing there with his eyes shut while Snape faced him, carrying a wand. (535)

"Ron wrenched the hangings apart, and Harry stared up at him in the moonlight, as he lay flat on his back." (586)

"Well, we'll soon find out, won't we?" said Snape smoothly. "Wand out, Potter."
Harry moved into his usual position... (638)

"... every part of him screaming for release, Harry felt the creature use him again..." (720)

Credit goes to a user on a forum with the name 604qotsa. I won't name the forum because it would probably get me banned:p

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 02:09
{eith;3907236']I'm not trying at all! :vlol:

I freaking love HP Innuendo... They always sound funnier in English, too. The innuendo is harder to identify in the Portuguese version.

I'll try to quote some more some are too risque to post though...

[...]

I love those! I found them through google search too! :cln:

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:12
" 'There was no need to stick the wand in that hard,' he said gruffly, clambering to his feet. 'It hurt.'"

"What d'you mean, I'm not brave in bed?" said Harry, completely nonplussed.

"Ah well...wand still in your jeans?"

"He was rather taller than Snape, who, Harry noticed, had balled his fist in the pocket of his cloak over what Harry was sure was the handle of his wand."

"Stand up and take out your wand, Potter."

"He was on all fours again on Snape's office floor."

"Well?" said Ron finally, looking up at Harry. "How was it?" Harry considered for a moment.

"Wet." He said truthfully.

"Ha ha ha, Harry, look at it-- " said Ron, watching it disgorge its gaudy innards. "Harry, come and touch it, bet it's weird-- "..."Harry, look what's happen-- no-- no, I don't like it-- no, stop-- stop-- "

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:15
One more:

Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wand. Ten and a quarter inches long

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 02:15
One more:

Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wand. Ten and a quarter inches long

How... wrong... :vlol:

]{eith
09-08-09, 02:17
"What d'you mean, I'm not brave in bed?" said Harry, completely nonplussed.

:vlol: HP innuendo is awesome! Poor Ginny. :whi:

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:17
"Yes," Harry said, gripping his wand very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?

peeves
09-08-09, 02:18
I don't think innuendo is suitable for an all age forum.

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 02:20
I don't think innuendo is suitable for an all age forum.

Well, they are quotes that ARE in HP books. :)

Tonyrobinson
It is innuendo not blatent dirt. I think if they are kept innocent like the ones I have posted the should be alright ;)

peeves
Well, they are quotes that ARE in HP books. :)

I know they are but if you refer them as to other things e.g. inappropriate things that's inappropriate.

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:21
Ahh, but seeing the forum is all age then only the older members should be able to understand them, no?

peeves
09-08-09, 02:24
I'm one of the older members but i don't understand em anyway due to aspergers.

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:26

Well until somebody does understand them and is offended then I shall edit my posts :)

TombRaiderLover
09-08-09, 02:26

Yes, you've said that twice now.

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:35
Well anybody played the HBP game yet what'd you all think. IMO they don't make 'em like they used to do :(

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 02:36
Didn't play it yet. I have played them all, but Goblet of Fire was awful, those controls drove me crazy, so I never finished it. :p My absolute favourite is The Philosopher's Stone!

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:39
My favourite is CoS I loved Hogwarts from the outside and Spongify :D

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 02:49
I loved PoA, but the only annoying thing was that you couldn't complete the game without getting all rewards! :(

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 02:58
:vlol: I loved flying Buckbeak and getting the bats. I hated the dementors though. They were a pain in the ass!

peeves
09-08-09, 03:21
What about OotP video game?

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 06:14
Who knew Dan was such a singing comedian:

nFWYsq4sMk

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 11:39
:vlol: I loved flying Buckbeak and getting the bats. I hated the dementors though. They were a pain in the ass!

The Dementors scared me. I couldn't do the Expecto Patronum spell properly so they kept attacking me. :rolleyes:

What about OotP video game?

That's awesome, I've played it too. Didn't finished it yet though.

Who knew Dan was such a singing comedian:

nFWYsq4sMk

Nothing shows up. :(

tonyme
09-08-09, 12:07
I wish Dumbledore's death had been a lot more... touching, too.

I agree! :tmb:

ClassicCroft
09-08-09, 12:12
i love the first 2 HP Games on the ps, ;)

TR love
09-08-09, 12:36
I just got back from seeing HBP.

I really liked it, it was funny, exiting, depressing. all of those things.

Although i expected more Draco, i do know there was alot of him...but i still expected...MORE

maybe coz he's my favorite but thats just me *whistle innocently and walk away*

tombraiderluka
09-08-09, 12:41
I just got back from seeing HBP.

I really liked it, it was funny, exiting, depressing. all of those things.

Although i expected more Draco, i do know there was alot of him...but i still expected...MORE

maybe coz he's my favorite but thats just me *whistle innocently and walk away*
Draco is your favourite? ew. :p

peeves
09-08-09, 20:07
Well I can't wait to see DH.

Origonal
09-08-09, 20:16
I loved the HBP ! :D

McGloomy
09-08-09, 20:45
Actually he was the only character to get so much screen time all for himself. Not even Harry did. ;)

But you know, there was this really dramatic death scene nobody seems to care about...

R.I.P. White Bird. :mis:

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 20:47
But you know, there was this really dramatic death scene nobody seems to care about...

I was really sad :(

peeves
09-08-09, 20:51
Actually he was the only character to get so much screen time all for himself. Not even Harry did. ;)

Do you mean from DH?

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 20:55
Oh how could we forget white bird. Being stuck in that cupboard must've been terrible :(

peeves
09-08-09, 20:56
Oh how could we forget white bird. Being stuck in that cupboard must've been terrible :(

Don't know what white bird is what is it Hedwig?

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 20:58
Don't know what white bird is what is it Hedwig?

The little white sparrow in HBP from the vanishing cabinet ;)

peeves
09-08-09, 20:59

I don't remember it being white in color the sparrow that gets killed in the vanishing cabinet.

McGloomy
09-08-09, 21:00
I don't remember it being white in color the sparrow that gets killed in the vanishing cabinet.
I do. Because I thought "He should have taken the black one."

Oh my God, how racist does that sound? :pi:

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 21:00

I think it's a little canary. :)

peeves
09-08-09, 21:03
How was the vanishing cabinet fixed later in the movie?

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 21:04
I think it's a little canary. :)

Now we all know it was an American Bald Eagle. Hahaha how funny would that have been when Harry and Ginny opened the cupboard to find it fly out :vlol:

Draco mutters a spell and it's fixed and he tests it using the apple :)

McGloomy
09-08-09, 21:07
Now we all know it was an American Bald Eagle. Hahaha how funny would that have been when Harry and Ginny opened the cupboard to find it fly out :vlol:
Kraaa!!! Kraaaa!!!
How was the vanishing cabinet fixed later in the movie?
1. Put apple into cabinet.
2. Kill white bird with cabinet.
3. Put black bird into cabinet.
4. PROFIT!

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 21:08
1. Put apple into cabinet.
2. Kill white bird with cabinet.
3. Put black bird into cabinet.
4. PROFIT!

LMAO! So true. The parts with the cabinet were quite pointless if you ask me.

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 21:11
But Draco did fix it. He said a spell on it before putting in the apple then checked it to see if it worked. Did you miss that bit?

After the apple he didn't need to say the spell again before putting in anything else so that causes proof that the spell was the one what fixed the cabinet :)

peeves
09-08-09, 21:12
So the death eaters used the vanishing cabinets to enter hogwarts

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 21:16
So the death eaters used the vanishing cabinets to enter hogwarts

Yes, because the invisible barrier repelled them off :)

McGloomy
09-08-09, 21:17
LMAO! So true. The parts with the cabinet were quite pointless if you ask me.
But how did he repair it in the book?
http://behrns.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/ikea-tool.jpg

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 21:18
:vlol: He hired a mecanic.

peeves
09-08-09, 21:18
Yes, because the invisible barrier repelled them off :)

You mean the invisible barrier from that blocks the grounds? Was this at the beginning of the movie when they first entered hogwarts ground?

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 21:19
You mean the invisible barrier from that blocks the grounds? Was this at the beginning of the movie when they first entered hogwarts ground?

Yes it was. It didn't explain in but I think the audience got the idea :o

peeves
09-08-09, 21:21
Yes it was. It didn't explain in but I think the audience got the idea :o

How far was the cave from the grounds you know the cave with the phoney horcrux?

Tonyrobinson
09-08-09, 21:22
How far was the cave from the grounds you know the cave with the phoney horcrux?

It is not specified :)

peeves
09-08-09, 21:27
How come snape didn't give harry detention in the movie?

McGloomy
09-08-09, 21:27
You see a fly being burnt to particles by that barrier and there's also a scene of Death Eaters flying into the barrier and being repelled. Should get the point across.
After the apple he didn't need to say the spell again before putting in anything else so that causes proof that the spell was the one what fixed the cabinet :)
Well spotted! I think the spell Draco used was "Harmonia nectere passus" (Connect the harmony of this distance or something along those lines).
How come snape didn't give harry detention in the movie?
They can't include everything. I missed Harry's line "There's no need to call me sir."

peeves
09-08-09, 21:29
You see a fly being burnt to particles by that barrier and there's also a scene of Death Eaters flying into the barrier and being repelled. Should get the point across.

Well spotted! I think the spell Draco used was "Harmonia nectere passus" (Connect the harmony of this distance or something along those lines).

They can't include everything. I missed Harry's line "There's no need to call me sir."

Well at least Snape should give harry detention for attacking Draco with sectumsempra or being late on the grounds.

McGloomy
09-08-09, 21:34
Well at least Snape should give harry detention for attacking Draco with sectumsempra or being late on the grounds.
Yeah, let's have Harry writing lines for half an hour. At least we get our 3-hour-movie that way. :D

peeves
09-08-09, 21:36
Yeah, let's have Harry writing lines for half an hour. At least we get our 3-hour-movie that way. :D

I didn't know they had to write lines for half an hour. When harry had detention in the first movie SS he didn't write lines.

McGloomy
09-08-09, 21:41
I didn't know they had to write lines for half an hour. When harry had detention in the first movie SS he didn't write lines.
What did Harry do in the sixth book when he had detention? Well, I'll go to bed now and read Deathly Hallows. :)

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 21:46
What did Harry do in the sixth book when he had detention? Well, I'll go to bed now and read Deathly Hallows. :)

I think he had to help Snape with folders of previous detentions or something like that.

peeves
09-08-09, 22:38

First detention harry was late to the grounds of hogwarts second detention he attacked malfoy with sectumsempra curse.

TR love
09-08-09, 23:54
Draco is your favourite? ew. :p

I tend to like people who other people dont like all that much.

Nerd For Life
09-08-09, 23:55
Oh, Draco is just a loveable idiot. :p

Ada the Mental
10-08-09, 00:22
I tend to like people who other people dont like all that much.

And people don't love Draco all that much? He's definitely a fan favourite...for some reason. :p
I never cared that much about him, he never had any real depth until HBP.

http://i27.************/14c8akm.jpg
LOL!

Shark_Blade
10-08-09, 05:00
^LOL.

Anyway I don't get other people nowadays. I think Half Blood Prince is the best HP movie ever yet some said it's bit boring and slow wtf? They like Order of Phoenix more which I don't because they cut huge amount of details but of course they didn't realize it, they didn't read the books.

*shrugs* And they think Transformers 2 is the best movie of the year, which is crap to me. Screw the people, I like what I like. :hug:

McGloomy
10-08-09, 06:43
They like Order of Phoenix more which I don't because they cut huge amount of details but of course they didn't realize it, they didn't read the books.
Order of the Phoenix is my second favourite film, although I read the book. I actually read it in English when I was 13. My English wasn't so good back then, so it was pretty hard to get through the book. But yeah, the movies, it's all a matter of taste and personal opinions. I'm OK with cuts and creative liberties, while faithfulness to the book is more important to a lot of people.

scoopy_loopy
10-08-09, 07:01
Order of the Pheonix is my least favourite. It seems to drag on forever, despite how much they cut from it :o

Tonyrobinson
10-08-09, 16:05
OOTP is my favourite because of Luna :p

HBP would be closely tied first or second because of the R/Hr relationship depth :)

Lara Fan 4Life
10-08-09, 16:06
OOTP is my favourite because of Luna :p
That's what made me like the movie. :p

peeves
10-08-09, 17:07
What movies does Hermione cry in? I know she cries in the first third fourth and sixth. Does she cry in the CoS or OotP as well?

Ada the Mental
10-08-09, 17:09
Honestly, peeves, what's with your obsession with crying?

peeves
10-08-09, 17:16
Honestly, peeves, what's with your obsession with crying?

sorry but i just like it when i hear the death scene music.

FourBalls
10-08-09, 17:36
I thought HBP dragged a bit. Scenes with Harry and Dumbledore in particular. But that's just me, I wanted to see more of the school life I guess.

McGloomy
10-08-09, 17:42
I thought HBP dragged a bit. Scenes with Harry and Dumbledore in particular. But that's just me, I wanted to see more of the school life I guess.
I felt the same way, especially when seeing it for the second and third time. The rest of the movie is just much more entertaining and watchable. ;)

FourBalls
10-08-09, 17:48
Yeah. I felt like venturing out to get more popcorn in the middle of the movie but at the same time I couldn't bring myself to do that either. It was Harry Potter after all :p

McGloomy
10-08-09, 17:52
Yeah. I felt like venturing out to get more popcorn in the middle of the movie but at the same time I couldn't bring myself to do that either.
Yeah, thank God we had a 15 minute-break during the movie in our theater to do exactly that. :D

Ada the Mental
10-08-09, 18:03
Yeah, thank God we had a 15 minute-break during the movie in our theater to do exactly that. :D

15-minute break? Come on, that's too much!

They haven't really focused on the school life since PoA...
I'll miss Hogwarts in the DH two movies. And I hope the Battle of Hogwarts won't be as disappointing as it was in the book.

peeves
10-08-09, 18:12
So will Ralph Fiennes Voldemort be in the seventh movie?

Lara Fan 4Life
10-08-09, 18:25
So will Ralph Fiennes Voldemort be in the seventh movie?
Obviously. :D

FourBalls
10-08-09, 18:42
You get breaks in theaters? :eek: Woah, never heard they did that :p

McGloomy
10-08-09, 18:53
You get breaks in theaters? :eek: Woah, never heard they did that :p
Yeah, it's common in Germany with very long movies. Can't somebody think of the kids? :p
Ironically there wasn't a break when I went to see the original English version. Probably because there were no kids either.

peeves
10-08-09, 18:55
Well i didn't have breaks in theaters which is a good thing. ;)

FourBalls
10-08-09, 19:05
Yeah, it's common in Germany with very long movies. Can't somebody think of the kids? :p
Ironically there wasn't a break when I went to see the original English version. Probably because there were no kids either.
Oh right. How considerate :p

So there's a dubbed German version as well? How'd you like it? For some reason I always prefer movies to be in their original language. Feels more real and natural.

Ada the Mental
10-08-09, 19:08
We have breaks here, but they last 5 minutes at most, and thank God, because breaks are annoying. :p

Are the German versions of the movies good? I've only watched the Greek version of the 1st movie, and the dubbing was laughable. They don't bother with dubbing them anymore. After all, kids not old enough to read subtitles probably won't be seeing HBP.

McGloomy
10-08-09, 19:35
In Germany all movies are dubbed. We have some very talented voice actors and when you grow up with dubbed movies you just don't notice the difference between spoken words and lip movement any longer.

Nevertheless Maggie Smith and Alan Rickman are just not the same without their unique voices and British accents. I liked Bellatrix' German voice though, she sounds even more lunatic!

This is the German trailer, it's mostly voice overs though:

W8WBTAz6uY0

FourBalls
10-08-09, 19:42
At least you have talented voice actors. In Estonia dubbing is like the new hip thing to do, lol, even though the result is usually fake and emotionless. At least they only do it with kid's movies like Shrek and Ice Age but still. Meh.

Nerd For Life
10-08-09, 21:07
15-minute break? Come on, that's too much!

They haven't really focused on the school life since PoA...
I'll miss Hogwarts in the DH two movies. And I hope the Battle of Hogwarts won't be as disappointing as it was in the book.

It felt anti-climatical, I was really sad... and that epilogue -__-

We only get 7 minute breaks..

Obviously. :D

And thankfully! Ralph Fiennes is love. :D

We have breaks here, but they last 5 minutes at most, and thank God, because breaks are annoying. :p

Are the German versions of the movies good? I've only watched the Greek version of the 1st movie, and the dubbing was laughable. They don't bother with dubbing them anymore. After all, kids not old enough to read subtitles probably won't be seeing HBP.

Lmao, we have the portuguese version here too. Usually they only play it during day time, usually for the kids. And it sucks!

It's so forced and not natural! I had my french cousin over last week and even though she speaks portuguese, she has a bit of a trouble reading the subtitles because she's used to watching dubbed versions too, so I put Philosopher's Stone in Portuguese. It was LOLOMGWTF?!

peeves
10-08-09, 21:17
So how come Ralph Fiennes wasn't in the sixth movie?

Croft, Lara
10-08-09, 21:24
Voldemort isn't in the 6th book. I think. So Ralph wouldn't be needed.

Nerd For Life
10-08-09, 21:24
So how come Ralph Fiennes wasn't in the sixth movie?

They was no Voldemort in the 6th book...?

peeves
10-08-09, 21:58
Voldemort isn't in the 6th book. I think. So Ralph wouldn't be needed.

They was no Voldemort in the 6th book...?

So Voldemort is in the first, second, fourth, fifth, and seventh films.

Rivendell
10-08-09, 22:37
And 8th film. There will be 8 films, and he'll be in the final one too.

Was anyone else really glad they included Bellatrix in more of Half Blood Prince, even though she was just in one chapter of the book? :D

I love her (http://api.ning.com/files/uAe01*dYj6n5ejl5jAwotmdfAUUzYw0-SAuDnPp1gtv9opGCcxukr0pIvGh3QEaaCRefE8G4hJMZ7094MU OawHzZhNHQe7Nt/BellatrixLestrangePhotoEffect.jpg)! :hug:

She's wonderfully mental!
:D

Bonez
10-08-09, 22:40

Was anyone else really glad they included Bellatrix in more of Half Blood Prince, even though she was just in one chapter of the book? :D

I love her (http://api.ning.com/files/uAe01*dYj6n5ejl5jAwotmdfAUUzYw0-SAuDnPp1gtv9opGCcxukr0pIvGh3QEaaCRefE8G4hJMZ7094MU OawHzZhNHQe7Nt/BellatrixLestrangePhotoEffect.jpg)! :hug:

Yeeees! She so amazing... and so sexy :jmp:

Rivendell
10-08-09, 22:43
:yah: Bella rules!

I wonder if they'll actually SHOW her torturing Hermione in the next/last one? We only hear it in DH, but really, they could show it. It would be great. :D

I'll be so sad in DH pt.2 when Molly pwns her. :(

But still, I like Molly too, so it won't be too much of a big deal. So pretty much the same as all the other deaths, then. :whi:

TRfan9294
10-08-09, 22:43

Haha, yeah me too.:D She's kinda strange, reminds me of Johnny Depp.:p

Nerd For Life
10-08-09, 22:49
I love Bella, strangely enough I love Sirius too.

Didn't anyone think it was totally lame on Harry's part to name one his kids "Albus Severus"?! Not to mention that sounds like something out of a fanfic, Harry needs to realize that Snape HATED him and he hated Snape for a long time. Just because Snape protected him, doesn't mean he liked me - he was only protecting Harry for Lily, and for Lily ONLY.

peeves
10-08-09, 22:53

Rivendell you're mistaken. There ain't no 8th film just because DH is into 2 parts those 2 parts of DH is still the same movie. 7A DHP1 7B DHP2.

Rivendell
10-08-09, 22:56
Even though I agree Albus Severus is a stupid name, I still found the chapter where we found out Snapes motives very touching, and his character all the more brave, almost heroic. Though, he was a total git who hated Harry.
He definitely deserved some recognition, but naming your kid after someone you mutually hated isn't exactly the right way, admittedly.

Rivendell you're mistaken. There ain't no 8th film just because DH is into 2 parts those 2 parts of DH is still the same movie. 7A DHP1 7B DHP2.

:vlol: That still makes 8 films. DH part 1 and DH part 2 are two separate movies which will be released at separate times.

Nerd For Life
10-08-09, 22:56
Even though it's gonna be split in two parts, it's still gonna be 8 movies.

Even though I agree Albus Severus is a stupid name, I still found the chapter where we found out Snapes motives very touching, and his character all the more brave, almost heroic. Though, he was a total git who hated Harry.
He definitely deserved some recognition, but naming your kid after someone you mutually hated isn't exactly the right way, admittedly.

Oh I loooove The Prince's Tale - I was crying all the time, it was beautiful :o

peeves
10-08-09, 22:57
Go check the mugglenet site and see they have 7 categories instead of 8.

Rivendell
10-08-09, 22:59
That means nothing. DH part 1 will be one film, DH part 2 will be another film.
You'll be telling me there's only 1 The Lord of the Rings film next, even though they were originally written as one book.

peeves
10-08-09, 23:03
That means nothing. DH part 1 will be one film, DH part 2 will be another film.
You'll be telling me there's only 1 The Lord of the Rings film next, even though they were originally written as one book.

Well there were 3 movies LotR i never knew it was 1 book. Harry potter 7 movies.

just croft
10-08-09, 23:04
:yah: Bella rules!

Nah... Bella is great but it's Helena Bonham Carter who RULES! :cln:

I love Bella, strangely enough I love Sirius too.

Didn't anyone think it was totally lame on Harry's part to name one his kids "Albus Severus"?! Not to mention that sounds like something out of a fanfic, Harry needs to realize that Snape HATED him and he hated Snape for a long time. Just because Snape protected him, doesn't mean he liked me - he was only protecting Harry for Lily, and for Lily ONLY.

Yeah I was kind emotionaly devided when reading that scene. In a way it was really deep and sweet, but on the other hand the name is just OMFGWTF!!?!?!!?!?? *cries* *laughs* *rolls on the floor* *burns the book* *curses Rowling* *cries* *laughs*

Ada the Mental
10-08-09, 23:06

I agree. I get that it was meant to show that Harry gave Snape all the respect and recognition he deserved, but it's unrealistic, sappy and most probably not what Snape would have even wanted.
I wonder if Albus Severus did end up in Slytherin after all.

The epilogue in general sucked. It's not the cheesiness, the stupid names, the happily-ever-afters that bother me. I'm glad that Harry, Ron and Hermione survived, moved on, and were happy. I just wanted to see more of what happened with the wizarding community after Voldemort's fall, what changed, you know?

Rivendell
10-08-09, 23:07
^ Lol, that would've been funny!
Though, a statue or something may have been suffice. If not Just a portrait.

Well there were 3 movies LotR i never knew it was 1 book. So what if DH part 1 is delayed closer to part 2 like a week apart then that'll be 7 movies if not then it's 8.

8 months apart.
Part one = November 2010
Part two = July 2011

Even IMDB lists them as TWO films (http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=deathly+hallows&x=0&y=0).

http://i31.************/necoiv.png

Can't wait.

peeves
10-08-09, 23:10
^ Lol, that would've been funny!
Though, a statue or something may have been suffice. If not Just a portrait.

8 months apart.
Part one = November 2010
Part two = July 2011

Even IMDB lists them as TWO films (http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=deathly+hallows&x=0&y=0).

http://i31.************/necoiv.png

Can't wait.

Well I was just talking hypothetically well remember when HBP was originally due for Nov 21 2008 then it got delayed to july 15 2009? Still 7 movies IMO. 7th movie being split in 2 films 7A and 7B.

Ada the Mental
10-08-09, 23:14
^ Yes. But given that they will be two individual, movie-length parts, with a beginning, middle and end, released separatedly, they are considered two movies.

peeves
10-08-09, 23:15
Yes. But given that they will be two individual, movie-length parts, with beginning, middle and an end, released separatedly, they are considered as two different movies.

I know that they are 2 different movies 7A and 7B.

Rivendell
10-08-09, 23:16
^ You're right.
But film "7B" is still the 8th Harry Potter film in the series.

Ada the Mental
10-08-09, 23:17
I know that they are 2 different movies 7A and 7B.
Making it 8 movies in total!

peeves
10-08-09, 23:18
Making it 8 movies in total!

OK 8 movies total. But 7 books.

Rivendell
10-08-09, 23:20
Exactly. :tmb: 7 books. 8 films. Just because one book is being split into 2 films, doesn't make it 1 film.

just croft
10-08-09, 23:20
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Nerd For Life
11-08-09, 00:20
Is the 7/8 movies argument over? Aw...

peeves
11-08-09, 01:49
Is the 7/8 movies argument over? Aw...

Yes it's over but i'll keep my opinions to myself. So this way i wouldn't argue that much.

McGloomy
11-08-09, 06:13
I'll be so sad in DH pt.2 when Molly pwns her. :(
That was a crowning moment of awesome!
"NOT MY DAUGHTER, *****!"

Tombraiderx08
11-08-09, 06:18
i REALLY need to see the new movie...i do have about 8 dollars...hmmm... ;D

peeves
11-08-09, 17:12

Why doncha ask your parents to take you?

McGloomy
11-08-09, 20:22
Why doncha ask your parents to take you?
Maybe they are no Potter fans? I went once with my parents and once with my father. The second time he invited me. :)
My whole family reads the Harry Potter books, my father even read Deathly Hallows in English although he's not very good in it.

peeves
12-08-09, 00:21
Well speaking of which I had a dream last night that OotP premiered on ABC Family the actual movie was on in my dream. But then i woke up it was only a dream but it'll happen in real life eventually. ;)

Tombraiderx08
12-08-09, 00:24
cuz my parents are lazy and are like always hurting and would hate to be in a theatre >.<

peeves
12-08-09, 00:27
cuz my parents are lazy and are like always hurting and would hate to be in a theatre >.<

That's terrible :( Your parents should give you respect.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 00:28
Aw! :( I know what you can do for extra credit :p

peeves
12-08-09, 00:32
Well sadly 8 dollars ain't enough to get a ticket to see the new movie. :(

Tombraiderx08
12-08-09, 00:34
i thought they are only like 7$ to see a movie :S and they respect me but, they are in pain a lot and it would hurt them to be there :S i'll bug one of my sisters instead, mwahaha!

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 00:38
i thought they are only like 7$ to see a movie :S and they respect me but, they are in pain a lot and it would hurt them to be there :S i'll bug one of my sisters instead, mwahaha!
Take the money out of their hands with expeliarmus! :jmp:

peeves
12-08-09, 00:40
Take the money out of their hands with expeliarmus! :jmp:

That won't work in real life :smk:

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 00:44
That won't work in real life :smk:
Why would you ruin my childhood dreams? :yik: :mad:

peeves
12-08-09, 00:46
Why would you ruin my childhood dreams? :yik: :mad:

Well because you're not being serious expelliarmus in real life is just a joke.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 00:54
Well because you're not being serious expelliarmus in real life is just a joke.
I was serious, I think we can do it if we believe O.O

peeves
12-08-09, 00:56
I was serious, I think we can do it if we believe O.O

Well if you had a stick and tried to cast the expelliarmus spell in real life it can't be done if you really tried but if your imagination it's a different ball game.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:00
Well if you had a stick and tried to cast the expelliarmus spell in real life it can't be done if you really tried but if your imagination it's a different ball game.
I tried and it worked. Ha! :mis:

peeves
12-08-09, 01:02
I tried and it worked. Ha! :mis:

That's imagination. Either that or you cheated the spell meaning you made it move with your hands.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:05
That's imagination. Either that or you cheated the spell meaning you made it move with your hands.
Why can't you just believe it worked? :(

peeves
12-08-09, 01:06
Why can't you just believe it worked? :(

OK it worked if you cheated it.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:08
OK it worked if you cheated it.
I did not cheat. If you went to Hogwarts you'd learn the spells too!

peeves
12-08-09, 01:11
I did not cheat. If you went to Hogwarts you'd learn the spells too!

Like i said that cannot happen in real life you're just fibbing. If not then it's in your imagination.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:13
Like i said that cannot happen in real life you're just fibbing. If not then it's in your imagination.
Fine if you do not believe me. You're probably one of them Death Eaters :mad:

peeves
12-08-09, 01:14
Fine if you do not believe me. You're probably one of them Death Eaters :mad:

Well death eaters cast magic spells too you now.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:17
Well death eaters cast magic spells too you now.
Yes, but you hate us wizards!

peeves
12-08-09, 01:19
Yes, but you hate us wizards!

I didn't say i hated wizards i meant that magic is fake in real life and science is real.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:23
I didn't say i hated wizards i meant that magic is fake in real life and science is real.
Magic isn't fake! :yik:

peeves
12-08-09, 01:26
Magic isn't fake! :yik:

In real life in the muggle world it is but in the wizard world it ain't.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:27
In real life in the muggle world it is but in the wizard world it ain't.
Well I live in the wizard world!

peeves
12-08-09, 01:27
Well I live in the wizard world!

Not in real life you don't.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:29
Not in real life you don't.
Which is your favorite Harry Potter movie?

peeves
12-08-09, 01:30
Which is your favorite Harry Potter movie?

1.Goblet of Fire
2.Half-Blood Prince
3.Order of the Phoenix
4.Prisoner of Azkaban
5.Chamber of Secrets
6.Sorcerer's Stone

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:33
I like Prizoner of Azkaban the most, especially cause of the back and forth scenes. I love that! My least favorite is Chamber of Secrets.

peeves
12-08-09, 01:34
I like Prizoner of Azkaban the most, especially cause of the back and forth scenes. I love that! My least favorite is Chamber of Secrets.

What about the rest? List all of em most favorite to least favorite.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:34
What about the rest? List all of em most favorite to least favorite.
Do I really have to?

peeves
12-08-09, 01:39
Do I really have to?

You should just to make me happy.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:41
Fine then.

1.Prisoner of Azkaban
2.Goblet of Fire
3.Order of the Phoenix
4.Sorcerer's Stone
5.Half-Blood Prince
6.Chamber of Secrets
7.Deathly Hallows

peeves
12-08-09, 01:43
Fine then.

1.Prisoner of Azkaban
2.Goblet of Fire
3.Order of the Phoenix
4.Sorcerer's Stone
5.Half-Blood Prince
6.Chamber of Secrets
7.Deathly Hallows

DH ain't even out yet so why did you post that too?

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:43
DH ain't even out yet so why did you post that too?
I have my reasons :pi:

peeves
12-08-09, 01:52
I have my reasons :pi:

What reason? You mean the book?

Aphrodite22
12-08-09, 01:53
i love goblet of fire and order of the phoenix

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:53
What reason? You mean the book?
No I don't mean the book. It's private, I won't discuss it here :pi:

peeves
12-08-09, 01:54
i love goblet of fire and order of the phoenix
Do you like Half-Blood Prince as well?
No I don't mean the book. It's private, I won't discuss it here :pi:

Is it inappropriate?

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 01:55

Is it inappropriate?
No! I just don't wanna talk about it in this thread :p

Aphrodite22
12-08-09, 01:55

i liked it but not as much as the others (movies)

peeves
12-08-09, 01:56
i liked it but not as much as the others (movies)

What parts of HBP didn't you like?

Hyper_Crazy
12-08-09, 01:59
No! I just don't wanna talk about it in this thread :p

Well considering this is the general Harry Potter thread, where else would you discuss it?

peeves
12-08-09, 02:00
Well considering this is the general Harry Potter thread, where else would you discuss it?

Maybe PM's of course.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 02:00
Anywhere but here, it's too risky here :pi:

peeves
12-08-09, 02:02
Anywhere but here, it's too risky here :pi:

You mean too risky to get banned? :mis:

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 02:03
You mean too risky to get banned? :mis:
No, nothing ban worthy :p

peeves
12-08-09, 02:10
No, nothing ban worthy :p

Wait a minute 7 movies not 8.

tombraiderluka
12-08-09, 02:11
Wait a minute 7 movies not 8.
Not 8 :p

Rivendell
14-08-09, 10:18
Interesting question raised by Mugglenet:

Do you think the Deathly Hallows video games will be split in two parts like the film, as well?

Plus, would you WANT it to be? Or would you rather have just one game?

TombRaiderLover
14-08-09, 13:01
The Harry Potter films could be rereleased on extended Blu-ray editions in the near future. After a recent MPAA bulletin of rated films listed an extended version of 'Harry Potter of the Sorcerer's Stone', film site Rope of Silicon contacted a Warner Brothers representative, who confirmed that "all Harry Potter films are being planned to get special upcoming releases", although no announcement has been made yet.

Indeed, ultimate editions of 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' and 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets' are already up for preorder on Amazon, albeit without a release date.

As to the actual length of the extended versions, Slashfilm notes that 'Sorcerer's Stone' director Chris Columbus added 7 minutes of deleted scenes back into the movie for its May 2004 ABC broadcast premiere.

LINK (http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3257)

Looks like these films will be getting the Lord of the Rings treatment. :wve:

Hyper_Crazy
14-08-09, 13:17

Do you think the Deathly Hallows video games will be split in two parts like the film, as well?

Ugh, I actually have no idea. I think it'll be in two parts, but I'd prefer one.

How do you actually think they'll do the last two games? Since Hogwarts isn't going to play a major part... I hope it's not gonna be like Goblet of Fire video game *cringes*.

peeves
14-08-09, 14:21

Well i think DH should be in 1 part of a game.

TRGamer8
14-08-09, 19:44
I really like Harry Potter movies :D

Nerd For Life
15-08-09, 12:50

I think it should be just one videogame - that's what I prefer anyway.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.. I already got special editions of all released DVDs. :(

How do you actually think they'll do the last two games? Since Hogwarts isn't going to play a major part... I hope it's not gonna be like Goblet of Fire video game *cringes*.

Now that you mention it... I have no idea. Without much of Hogwarts, I don't know how it's gonna be... There's not really much to do in the last videogame I think.

peeves
15-08-09, 13:51
The movies i love the most are Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, and Half-Blood Prince.

McGloomy
16-08-09, 20:13
No, they don't. The Special Extended Editions of Lord of the Rings were released a few months after the release of the regular versions. They are the movies they are supposed to be and the additional scenes are not extending the movie, they are completing them. Scenes like Saruman's death are part of the story and there are a lot of plot holes without them.

Harry Potter, on the other hand? The first movie was released on DVD in 2002. It included six minutes of deleted scenes that didn't work in the movie and that were left out for a reason. Now we get a version that's fifteen minutes longer? I don't think it's necessary at all. I don't believe Chris Columbus is even involved in the production of this extended edition, so it can't even be called Director's Cut. Remember Terminator - Judgment Day? The special edition is full of scenes James Cameron cut out for a reason, that's the reason I prefer the shorter version of this movie. It's all about money... But yeah, nothing new, eh? :rolleyes:

Here are my thoughts about the different films and their possible extended editions:

Philosopher's Stone - I'd like to see Peeves, I remember his scenes being shot but never completed. I also missed Snape's bottle riddle right before the final confrontation with Voldemort, but I don't believe that scene was ever included in the script anyway.

Chamber of Secrets - Gosh, that movie is already way too long! :eek:

Prisoner of Azkaban - A masterpiece. Don't you dare changing anything about it!

Goblet of Fire - That movie felt like a bunch of random scenes put together... I think some additional scenes wouldn't be a bad idea for this one. Nevertheless there won't be Dursleys or Mrs. Weasley, after all they never were part of the movie anyway.

Order of the Phoenix - A little more Tonks, a little more Cho? Of course two thirds from the book were missing in this film, I don't see which parts of it would work as an addition to this movie though.

Half-Blood Prince - We need so much more backstory and information about the Horcruxes!

All in all I don't see how this extended editions should work. There won't be any new important plot points or characters included (except of Peeves?), I guess some scenes might be a little longer and there might be some short scenes that ended up on the cutting room floor for a reason. This is probably just for die-hard fans and collectors... I'm really torn between wanting to see the additional stuff and preferring the version the director wanted us to see.

TombRaiderLover
16-08-09, 20:28
I read that Order of the Phoenix was originally three hours long, but David Yates cut it down because he wanted it to be tigher-paced.

I've watched the deleted scenes from Chamber on Youtube, and I'd like to see those implemented into the film.

peeves
16-08-09, 20:34
I read that Order of the Phoenix was originally three hours long, but David Yates cut it down because he wanted it to be tigher-paced.

I've watched the deleted scenes from Chamber on Youtube, and I'd like to see those implemented into the film.

I wonder when Order of the Phoenix will make it on regular TV like ABC7 or ABCFamily? Perhaps late this year like thanksgiving or Xmas during Harry Potter weekend?

daventry
18-08-09, 15:08
Remember that Actor in the First HP Movie that tuaght Harry the Game of Quidditch and he was also the Brother of the Weasley Family, what happend to that Actor, does his Character appear in further Books.

Why did that Woman who taught the Kids to Fly a Broom not appear in the Next HP Movies, does she appear again in further Books.

tonyme
18-08-09, 15:22
My favorite Harry Potter movie is The Chamber Of Secrets, and my favorite book is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

:)

VonCroy360
18-08-09, 17:01
Remember that Actor in the First HP Movie that tuaght Harry the Game of Quidditch and he was also the Brother of the Weasley Family, what happend to that Actor, does his Character appear in further Books.

Why did that Woman who taught the Kids to Fly a Broom not appear in the Next HP Movies, does she appear again in further Books.

If you're talking about Oliver Wood, he appears a few times in the whole series, though I don't think he ever has some important plot line connected to him.
Same goes for Madam Hooch. I think her only appearances are when she judges the quidditch games.

ShadyCroft
18-08-09, 17:17
Actually, I think Oliver Wood last appeared in GoF in the Quidditch World Cup. In the movies he only appeared in 1 and 2.

Wait ! Did he also come to the battle of Hogwarts in HP7, seeing as all the Harry Potter characters made an appearance in the last book ?

If you wanna know what happened to the actor, look him up. His name is Sean Biggerstaff.
A hunk of a Scots man. :p

VonCroy360
18-08-09, 17:34
Wait ! Did he also come to the battle of Hogwarts in HP7, seeing as all the Harry Potter characters made an appearance in the last book ?

He did, though it's very minor bit again.

McGloomy
18-08-09, 19:11
According to Wikipedia: "Oliver appears briefly in Goblet of Fire, when he excitedly introduces Harry to his parents at the Quidditch World Cup and announces that he joined the Puddlemere United reserve team." He also fights at the Battle of Hogwarts and is among the survivors. Sean Biggerstaff wasn't cast for the seventh movie, so PS and CoS will stay all we'll see of Oliver in the movies.

peeves
18-08-09, 19:15
According to Wikipedia: "Oliver appears briefly in Goblet of Fire, when he excitedly introduces Harry to his parents at the Quidditch World Cup and announces that he joined the Puddlemere United reserve team." He also fights at the Battle of Hogwarts and is among the survivors. Sean Biggerstaff wasn't cast for the seventh movie, so PS and CoS will stay all we'll see of Oliver in the movies.

Too bad Oliver wasn't in the 3rd movie as that's the only classic film he didn't appear in.

McGloomy
18-08-09, 19:25
Too bad Oliver wasn't in the 3rd movie as that's the only classic film he didn't appear in.
Classic film? It's not like Philosopher's Stone was released in 1930... :p

FourBalls
19-08-09, 15:04
Talking about Oliver Wood...In PoA I was a bit sad that they didn't include more Quidditch. For Oliver it was a pretty important year because it was his last chance of winning the Quidditch Cup and all. I can see why they left it out though. It wasn't essential to the main plot. The movie would've been too long. Plus Oliver wasn't even in the movie script...so, yeah.