PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

McGloomy
19-08-09, 15:05
Nice little Harry Potter character quiz (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/Media/Games/Quizzes_Puzzles/Personality_Quizzes/The_Ultimate_Harry_Potter_Personality_Quiz/), if you're bored. :D

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content/060707/resultcard_j.jpg

Croft, Lara
19-08-09, 15:27
I was Hermione.

Nerd For Life
19-08-09, 17:13
Weasley twins for me!

Lara Fan 4Life
19-08-09, 17:22
I'm Ginny! :p

Rai
19-08-09, 17:33
Harry Potter. I wanted to be Luna :(

Oh well :p

scion05
19-08-09, 18:09
I came back as Harry :D

FourBalls
19-08-09, 18:11
I'm Harry too :p

takamotosan
19-08-09, 19:33
Gilderoy Lockhart.

FAIL.

VonCroy360
19-08-09, 19:42
I got Snape lmao. Not what I expected.

Tombraider95
19-08-09, 20:36
Im Harry aswell

Rivendell
20-08-09, 15:24
Several weeks ago, a not-for-profit Potter symposium (MuggleMayhem) was held in the UK, and MuggleNet's own Jamie Lawrence was present to participate in some of the events.

Actor Joshua Herdman, who plays Goyle in the Potter films, was one of several actors from the franchise who hosted a Q&A session at the event. He revealed some particularly interesting Deathly Hallows information with fans that is worth reporting.

First, Herdman said that the current plan was to split Deathly Hallows just after the trio are captured by the Snatchers and right before they are taken to Malfoy Manor. Many fans had speculated this is where the split would be, as it will provide quite a cliffhanger between films. Please note that - while this may be the current plan - the director and producers have made it clear that they could very well change where they had been thinking of splitting it if they thought a different point worked better after filming was complete.

Second, Herdman says that his character will be the one who dies instead of Jamie Waylett's character (Crabbe). This decision was made after Waylett was arrested and convicted of cannabis possession several months ago. Waylett is not expected to return for Deathly Hallows.

Linky. (http://www.mugglenet.com)

Nice. In that case, I can't wait to see Part 2 even more! It's going to have so much good stuff!

Shark_Blade
20-08-09, 15:45
This decision was made after Waylett was arrested and convicted of cannabis possession several months ago. LOL not cool.

Rivendell
20-08-09, 16:05
It's funny - look at today's headline, too.
Now HE seems to be getting himself closer to trouble. :vlol:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a172621/harry-potter-star-in-drugs-scandal.html

At this rate it'll be Malfoy who dies in the Fiendfyre!

just croft
20-08-09, 19:45
Wasn't that near the end of the book? I really wouldn't like seeing deathly hallows part 2 with 90mins of plotless fighting.

Rivendell
20-08-09, 20:06
It was around 2/3rds of the way through.

They'll have Malfoy Manor, Dobby's demise, Shell Cottage, the Gringotts robbery, the dragon escape, the infiltration of Hogwarts, the Battle of Hogwarts, and the conclusion.

It's still subject to change anyway.

touchthesky
20-08-09, 20:40
Hmm, I have the chance to meet Natalia Tena (Tonks) and Warwick Davis (Flitwick) next week. Not sure I will though.

SAw the film for a second time a few weeks ago and loved it just as much.

Tom Felton is god.

Oh yeah, has anyone seen this?
http://web6.twitpic.com/img/24305467-6f91f7e216cc2b2bfe6e78d16b728850.4a8db4c2-full.jpg

yum

McGloomy
20-08-09, 22:31
Oh yeah, has anyone seen this?
No, because the link is dead. ;)

So Crabbe's and Goyle's actors both got into trouble because they spend their time doing stupid ****? Wow, the people who were in charge of casting the characters ten years ago did their job a bit too well. :D

AmericanAssassin
20-08-09, 23:23
It was around 2/3rds of the way through.

They'll have Malfoy Manor, Dobby's demise, Shell Cottage, the Gringotts robbery, the dragon escape, the infiltration of Hogwarts, the Battle of Hogwarts, and the conclusion.

It's still subject to change anyway.

All in part two? :confused: Part one is going to suck. I absolutely hated TDH because of its boring first half. :(

Nerd For Life
21-08-09, 23:00
I think it's gonna be split too close to the end...

McGloomy
23-08-09, 00:20
I think the decision is made by people who know what they're about to do. I don't like the idea of a cliffhanger though, people will go and see the next movie anyway... So corny. :rolleyes:

Chocola teapot
23-08-09, 00:24
Cool, I like the order of the Phoenix.

Rai
23-08-09, 00:31
I actually think that is an excellent place to make the split. But yeah parts of the first half of the book seemed a little slow. But isn't that how they all were? I mean it gradually built up in tension and action. They could end up been completely different paced films. But in saying that there's is so much in DH and the films have some catching up to do with regards to actual information.

I know this is a small thing to worry about, but Harry didn't hide his Advanced Potions book, but Ginny did, so how on earth is he going to even know where to start looking in the Room of Requirement? :confused:

McGloomy
23-08-09, 07:14
I know this is a small thing to worry about, but Harry didn't hide his Advanced Potions book, but Ginny did, so how on earth is he going to even know where to start looking in the Room of Requirement? :confused:
Maybe Ginny will be helping him search? I'd like to see more of Bonnie Wright anyway... :D

Ada the Mental
24-08-09, 21:44
Guess what! Tom Felton and Evanna Lynch are going to be here for the HBP premier tomorrow and I'm so going! :jmp:

Nerd For Life
24-08-09, 21:46
Guess what! Tom Felton and Evanna Lynch are going to be here for the HBP premier tomorrow and I'm so going! :jmp:

:eek:

So jealous...!

Ada the Mental
24-08-09, 21:57
I was on vacation and knew nothing about it. I returned yesterday, found out about the premier and Ι was annoyed because there was no way I would get tickets at the last minute. Then my friends told me they had also booked tickets for me. :vlol: :jmp:

I'll try to get some pictures!

Nerd For Life
24-08-09, 22:04
I was on vacation and knew nothing about it. I returned yesterday, found out about the premier and Ι was annoyed because there was no way I would get tickets at the last minute. Then my friends told me they had also booked tickets for me. :vlol: :jmp:

I'll try to get some pictures!

That's awesome! I'm happy for you, and yes please try to get some pictures. :D

I started re-reading OOTP yesterday. God, I had forgotten how much of a little ***** Harry was in this book! :mad: I feel like slapping him!

Ada the Mental
24-08-09, 22:20
It was so unexpected. A HP premier with actors attending, it's really a first for Greece. O.o

Eww, stupid angry Harry. He did have a point about being kept in the dark but his ME!ME!ME!ME! whining in the beginning was insufferable.

Nerd For Life
24-08-09, 22:23
I know right! DRAMA LLAMA!!111 He wasn't picked for Prefect, such a PROBLEM! Oh Harry, just shut the **** up, would ya. :p

And his attitude about being better than Ron and Hermione? That's what got my knickers in a twist even more.

January_Snow*
24-08-09, 22:26
Greece premier is so late? why? Our premier was the same or one day behind the world premier, and I watched the movie weeks ago :confused:

Lara's home
24-08-09, 22:28
That's and excellent point. In the book harry remembers seeing the tiara thing (can't remember what it was really called), but he didn't even see it here.
Sirius never gave him the 2 sided mirror either. How will he contact Dobby? Dumbledore told harry the horcruxes could be anything, which is opposite from what he said in the books.
It annoys me that so many people actually liked the 6th film. :p

ShadyCroft
25-08-09, 05:47
I know right! DRAMA LLAMA!!111 He wasn't picked for Prefect, such a PROBLEM! Oh Harry, just shut the **** up, would ya.

And his attitude about being better than Ron and Hermione? That's what got my knickers in a twist even more.

Actually, I thought that was a perfect representation of some teens' raging hormones. At this age, some teens do get affected by a few things, when their peers are selected and they're not for example, when they see some other guy/girl has something he/she doesn't have, etc

He came to the house and found Ron and Hermione already there together. How would you feel if you kept calling your friends (Emily and Erica for example) before the party and said you would go with them. You go there after going through some **** finding taxis or whatever, and you see when you get there that they're both already there, already in the middle of the party...how would you feel ?
You'd explode !

January_Snow*
25-08-09, 13:20
That's and excellent point. In the book harry remembers seeing the tiara thing (can't remember what it was really called), but he didn't even see it here.
Sirius never gave him the 2 sided mirror either. How will he contact Dobby? Dumbledore told harry the horcruxes could be anything, which is opposite from what he said in the books.
It annoys me that so many people actually liked the 6th film. :p

They'll probably change alot of things, Harry will probably go through room of requerements and run around and against all odds he will find the book:cen:, Doby will probably tell how he was summoned by someone...I hate the latest movies, to me the only good thing in The Half blood prince was when Belatrix burned Hagrids hut, the rest of the movie is crap, compared to how awsome the book is...
I loved the first two movies, they were mostly loyal to the books, and it really felt like Harry potter... The new movies are just some dark underworld adventures....

peeves
26-08-09, 02:27
Harry Potter movies 1, 2, 3, and 6 are PG but 4 and 5 are PG-13. So what do you think #7 will be rated? I guess it'll be PG-13 since Voldemort is in it I mean Ralph Fiennes wise. But the only way it could be PG if they tone the movie down. I can't believe how many people thought Order of the Phoenix was a sucky movie while it was pretty good IMO same with Goblet of Fire and Half-Blood Prince. Those are the only 3 movies i thought were good well i don't care how much is cut from the books i still thought they were great movies anyway. SS and CoS were lame sucky movies IMO, PoA wasn't that great either since not that much action in the movie either.

January_Snow*
26-08-09, 10:57
The latest movies are too dark, waaay to dark, the atmosphere always looks washed down and grayish.

Ada the Mental
26-08-09, 12:55
Okay.
1) *FACEPALM* We had tickets for the early screening that was the same time as the actors' signing session. They were both gone by the time the movie was over, we didn't even get to see them. And I brought the huuuge HBP book with me for nothing. :( Well, we got Draco Malfoy post cards... :p

2) The movie.
I enjoyed it. I did give it a 7/10. It seemed to have a mich betteer pace than GoF and OotP, many dialogues were taken straight of the books, and there were many blink-and-miss little details. I already knew what was in and what was left out so I knew exactly what to expect.

The acting was good from most of the actors. Watson bothered me in the beginning (she was over dramatic as usual, especially in that scene were she's yelling at Ron for eating. Hermione is a big drama queen, but Emma overdoes it) but she really improved later on. I also didn't like the actress who played Lavender. Tom Felton was fantastic.

The parts missing from the book that bugged me the most were the funeral, Voldemort's backstory (come on!) and the bit with Harry finding out that it was Snape who blabbed about the Prophecy. The Half Blood Prince subplot couldn't be more half assed. Hello, it was in the freaking title, the least they could have done was explain what was up with Snape being HBP. And they definitely could have done a better job with the Horcruxes. Harry knows nothing about them at this point.

The romance stuff was not that bad, but it got tiresome after a while. Really, Lavender was in every single scene around the middle of the film. I didn'tt have a problem with Bonnie Wright, I think she did the best she could with the crap she had to work with, which made her seems a little awkward. I can't decide which was more cringeworthy, the showlace or the feeding bit. Probably the second.

The cave scene was excellent. The tension before the Inferi* showed up could be cut with a knife. :tmb:

*We jokingly named the one that dragged Harry into the water Regulus. :p

I liked that Harry was not petrified during Dumbledore's death. It does seem a little out of character for him to just sit there, but it worked because Harry showing trust in Snape gave the murder more impact. I was a little disappointed with the scene, mainly because I didn't like the angle from which it was shot.
Adding Bella into the mix was a good idea, it seemed weird that she was missing all that action in the book. And I have to say that I enjoyed Bellatrix in this movie much more than in the previous one.

I loved the first two movies, they were mostly loyal to the books, and it really felt like Harry potter... The new movies are just some dark underworld adventures....

The first two movies might follow the books more closely but they're pretty bad as stand alone movies. I was rewatching CoS a few months ago and it was so boring.

Lara Fan 4Life
26-08-09, 13:22
The latest movies are too dark, waaay to dark, the atmosphere always looks washed down and grayish.

Then again, the books have a dark atmosphere as well. :p

I just rewatched CoS, as I got it on DVD recently, and I must say, it was just so boring. I laughted at some of the acting from Daniel, Rupert and Emma. :D

Rivendell
30-08-09, 09:16
Dursleys WILL be back for Deathly Hallows. :)

According to the filmography on his agents website, Harry Melling is set to reprise his role as Dudley Dursley in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. He will join Richard Griffiths, who plays Vernon Dursley, when the first of the two parts is released on the big screen later next year. As of yet we have received no confirmation that Fiona Shaw will join them as Petunia Dursley.

Mugglenet.

ShadyCroft
30-08-09, 09:43
That's good new ! Thanks, Chris ! :tmb:

TR love
30-08-09, 10:15
. :( Well, we got Draco Malfoy post cards... :p

GAH! send me one! :D

Shark_Blade
30-08-09, 10:38
Sorry double post.

Shark_Blade
30-08-09, 10:39
Petunia has got to be in Deathly Hallows, I mean she's essentially an important character in the plot! Lily/Petunia/Snape relationship anyone?

I find it ironic that people said Harry's father is a great man, when actually he's just a moron and a bully who got lucky and married Lily.

McGloomy
30-08-09, 12:15
I find it ironic that people said Harry's father is a great man, when actually he's just a moron and a bully who got lucky and married Lily.
It's OK that he had some bad sides to his character, especially when he was a child. The problem: we don't get to see any positive sides of his character, so I have to say you're right. xD

ShadyCroft
30-08-09, 12:33
I don't think people ever said James was great other than for the reason that he stood up to Voldemort, the greatest dark wizard at that time, and was a victim of him.
There was no implications that he was great for any other reasons.

Sirius did tell Harry that they were both arrogant, big-headed trouble-makers, but James changed at his 7th year and became more mature (again, according to Sirius) and that's when he hooked up with Lily.

Rivendell
30-08-09, 12:34
I don't think people ever said James was great other than for the reason that he stood up to Voldemort, the greatest dark wizard at that time, and was a victim of him.

Plus there's that 'thrice defied' bit of the prophecy that suggested he'd survived 3 encounters with LV, maybe that added to their opinion of him being a great man.

Lara Fan 4Life
30-08-09, 12:36
Wasn't it mentioned that James was a great Quidditch player, just like Harry?

MrCroftAndre
30-08-09, 12:39

Yup, in the first book and movie.

ShadyCroft
30-08-09, 12:41

So was the legendary Charlie Weasly, Oliver Wood, Gred and Forge, Viktor Krum, Cho Chang, Cedric Diggory, you name it. ;)

Ada the Mental
30-08-09, 12:50
One of the things I expected to see in DH that wasn't there. Various characters (although those characters being Sirius, Lupin and stupid Hagrid makes their opinions about James really debateable) and even JKR herself insisted that James changed and matured but we never saw any evidence of that. Unless we count that he became Head Boy...
That was character assasination, not giving a character some flaws!

telcontar
30-08-09, 13:02
So was the legendary Charlie Weasly, Oliver Wood, Gred and Forge, Viktor Krum, Cho Chang, Cedric Diggory, you name it. ;)

She wasn't as good as the others if I'm not mistaken.

Nerd For Life
30-08-09, 19:35
Petunia has got to be in Deathly Hallows, I mean she's essentially an important character in the plot! Lily/Petunia/Snape relationship anyone?

Lmao, I know right. :p

There was no implications that he was great for any other reasons.

Sirius did tell Harry that they were both arrogant, big-headed trouble-makers, but James changed at his 7th year and became more mature (again, according to Sirius) and that's when he hooked up with Lily.

Yeah, I think this has to be taken into account. Of course Sirius would say James had changed, he was his best friend after all...

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 00:12
have you lot seen the potter puppet pals on youtube?

you gotta watch 'wizard swears'

Nerd For Life
31-08-09, 00:13

I liked the original ones...

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 00:15
I liked the original ones...

original?:o

im a bit confused, you may have to explain as i am a doofus :ton:

Nerd For Life
31-08-09, 00:20

original?:o

im a bit confused, you may have to explain as i am a doofus :ton:

Lol, I mean the first two in the website "Bothering Snape" and "Trouble at Hogwarts"... never watched any other ones. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
31-08-09, 00:23
Lol, I mean the first two in the website "Bothering Snape" and "Trouble at Hogwarts"... never watched any other ones. :)

ohhh! im an idiot :o

watch wizard swears :cln: i fell off my chair laughing at dumboldore at the end!

he says something like 'daniel radcliffe *beep* witha hippopotamus *beep beep* your mother is a... *beepbeep* soup!'

hahaha

ShadyCroft
31-08-09, 16:30
After watching the annoying POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER POTTER flash parody, I'll pass on anything non-official. :p

Rivendell
31-08-09, 16:42
Give in Shady! Nobody can resist the Muggle Pants! :D

d4yjnFZD6po

Ada the Mental
31-08-09, 16:58
Pfff. Nothing tops the pure brilliance that is "The Mysterious Ticking Noice". :ton:

Rivendell
31-08-09, 17:01
"It's a PIPE Bomb!"

Yaaayyy!
:yah:

Lara Fan 4Life
31-08-09, 17:01
^I love that one! :D

Tonyrobinson
31-08-09, 17:11
There are a view good ones on Dumbledore's sexuality and some pretty offensive ones but there is a funny one on youtube what I can't post here due to the use of swears :(

touchthesky
01-09-09, 10:02
Met Tonks and Flitwick last weekend xD

They were both really lovely!

I ended up on Warwicks Twitter lol, he set up a competition and said that I did a bad Irish accent xD.

Heres a couple of pictures:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/43/l_64fcd4305de047c7bd8a563fa959b683.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/53/l_65bbe10ade154062a2f5b30a81bbb2a1.jpg
^lol.

Warwicks Twitter:
I have a winner...Victoria did a very poor Irish accent to wa... on Twitpic (http://twitpic.com/ftzqe)

TR love
01-09-09, 10:58
"It's a PIPE Bomb!"

Yaaayyy!
:yah:

Voldemort, Voldemort ooh Volde-Volde Volde VOLDEMORT

While on the subject, has anyone checked out all the other PPP's?

My fave is "wizard swears" and "snapes diary"

Button oh button oh where hath though fled
Did thou tarry to long amount fabric and thread
Did thou roll off my bosom and seas to exist
How i wish i could follow into the mist

DO NOT ask me how i memorized it

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 11:19
i know 'wizards swears' rocks!

lmao 'your mother is a.... *beepbeep* soup!'

just croft
01-09-09, 12:15
Well last night I had another strike of insomnia... So I decided to start re-reading the deathly hallows, this time paying more attention to every word (last and first time I read it, it was a bit of a run :o). It's ****ing great so far! :yah:

And so is Harry...

Rivendell
01-09-09, 12:16
How is Harry a bully? :confused:

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 12:21
i would have said harry was the one getting bullied

and didnt he dislike how his father bullied snape?

Hermina94
01-09-09, 13:23
Give in Shady! Nobody can resist the Muggle Pants! :D

d4yjnFZD6po

:vlol: ^^

TR love
01-09-09, 13:49
i know 'wizards swears' rocks!

lmao 'your mother is a.... *beepbeep* soup!'

*beeep beeeeeep* DANIEL RADCLIFF! *beep beep* AND A STICK OF DYNOMITE!*beep beep*...

GAH im totally annoyed with myself, i have wandered away from the world of Twilight and vampires, and gotten lost in Harry Potter. My friends think im a nerd. An obsessive nerd.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 13:50
*beeep beeeeeep* DANIEL RADCLIFF! *beep beep* AND A STICK OF DYNOMITE!*beep beep*...

GAH im totally annoyed with myself, i have wandered away from the world of Twilight and vampires, and gotten lost in Harry Potter. My friends think im a nerd. An obsessive nerd.

omg lmao! 'daniel radcliffe *beep beep* with a hippopotamus'

hehe

i love twilight as well :)

McGloomy
01-09-09, 15:33
I have a winner...Victoria did a very poor Irish accent to wa... on Twitpic (http://twitpic.com/ftzqe)
Oh, he looks so cute... :D Great job on ending on his Twitter!

just croft
01-09-09, 20:56
How is Harry a bully? :confused:

i would have said harry was the one getting bullied

and didnt he dislike how his father bullied snape?

Ok, maybe not the bully part, 'cause he was bullied by Draco and his friends a lot. But Harry himself really isn't that great guy as everyone seems to say... he just got his father's luck. And by bully I didn't quote that with the meaning of going arround other kids and smaking them up, I said that because he spent every single day of his life at Hogwards getting himself into trouble.

Harry is nothing but lucky. Re-reading the Deathly Hallows, right on the second chapter he realised that he doesn't even know how to heal himself with magic.

xXhayleyroxXx
01-09-09, 21:02
yeh hes very lucky, that i do agree

Nerd For Life
01-09-09, 21:03
I think he's too way too used to have Hermione around.

Rivendell
05-09-09, 19:24
Anyone seen Mugglenet's new IcanHazPotter (http://www.mugglenet.com/canhazpotter) section? :D

http://i31.************/2sb7g93.jpg

Nerd For Life
06-09-09, 22:17
^LMAO, so accurate :vlol:

Thanks for the link!

just croft
06-09-09, 22:25
Thanks for the link Rivendell!

The pictures are great! :vlol:
http://www.mugglenet.com/canhazpotter/8.jpg

Rivendell
09-09-09, 11:18
The list of deleted scenes from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has appeared on the British Board of Film Classification's website. They are in line with the scenes David Yates described to us at the NYC Half-Blood Prince premiere:

- Harry and Hermione walk through Hogwarts hall (26 seconds)
- Harry and Hermione discuss Marauder's Map (1 minute)
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione discuss the Vanishing Cabinet (1 minute, 4 seconds)
- Harry and Dumbledore arrive at cave entrance (38 seconds)
- Harry and Dumbledore leave cave (19 seconds)
- Clouds gather over Hogwarts as Flitwick conducts choir (1 minute, 39 seconds)
- Harry joins Ron, Hermione, and Ginny in the Common Room (40 seconds)
- Harry and Hermione discuss Ron at Astronomy Tower (42 seconds)

-Mugglenet.com

Can't wait to see these! :tmb:

Nerd For Life
10-09-09, 02:06
If they are that short, why not just include them in the movie?! I'm looking forward to see those. Hopefully they'll be in the DVD special features too.

Thanks, Riv. :D

silver_wolf
10-09-09, 03:22
-Mugglenet.com

Can't wait to see these! :tmb:
bah! nothing of any importance.

ShadyCroft
10-09-09, 12:44
Isn't that the coolest thing ever or what ? :jmp::D

fr_h5-I_yks

Rivendell
10-09-09, 12:47
WICKED. :jmp:

LMAO at 1:12 :vlol:

ShadyCroft
10-09-09, 12:59
haha! I know ! Bet that was a crappy Shooting Star broom. :D

I watched other clips this one links to and, wow, its turned into a real sport :eek:

There are leagues and teams out there

Wicked indeed ! :jmp:

msalpha2omega
10-09-09, 13:36

fr_h5-I_yks

WOW I'd love to play that! Just one question.... How do they make the Golden Snitch????:confused:

Rivendell
10-09-09, 14:09
If it's the same as other 'real quidditch' matches, then someone dresses in gold and runs around, trying to evade being caught/stopped by the seekers. :D

msalpha2omega
10-09-09, 14:10
^ lol, thanks!

ShadyCroft
10-09-09, 14:34
If it's the same as other 'real quidditch' matches, then someone dresses in gold and runs around, trying to evade being caught/stopped by the seekers.

That sounds silly ! :D

Actually, one of the clips I watched was a tv news report talking about a university in Ohio with a Quidditch league.
They used for the snitch some sort of thing that flies around, I don't know what it was. Not really a boomerang, but something they release and it flies around for a bit then gets back to the person who released.
Some guy was responsible of releasing it at random times during the match. Seekers have to quickly realize that its been released and they have to race and catch it obviously.

Edit:

found the news report

lL0sG7Dtcfw

Angel666
10-09-09, 15:29
:D that is so cool. I wish my school had a team. :jmp:

Ada the Mental
10-09-09, 15:48
I'm so jealous, we never do anything fun at my university.

...Just imagine what horrible accidents could happen when a bunch of people run with broomsticks between their legs. But it seems more fun than the broomstick-less version. :p

Rivendell
10-09-09, 15:49
...Just imagine what horrible accidents could happen when a bunch of people run with broomsticks between their legs. But it seems more fun than the broomstick-less version.

Doesn't bare thinking about. So much potential for pain! :eek:

Angel666
10-09-09, 15:50
Quidditch without broomsticks would be lame. My school doesn't do anything fun either. :(

Angel666
10-09-09, 21:04
On a side note:

PURE WIN:http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C76BE906C9D83A3A

Mytly
10-09-09, 21:36

fr_h5-I_yks
Real life Quidditch sounds cooler than it looks. Runnning around with broomsticks between your legs? Yikes! :p Btw, what exactly is the "bludger" in that vid? It seems to hit the player with a sort of glow. :confused:

On a side note:

PURE WIN:http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C76BE906C9D83A3A
Ah, "A Very Potter Musical". I had heard great things about it, so I checked it out, but ... meh. It's funny, of course, but mostly just in a slapstick way. :(

Ada the Mental
10-09-09, 22:24
t
Ah, "A Very Potter Musical". I had heard great things about it, so I checked it out, but ... meh. It's funny, of course, but mostly just in a slapstick way. :(

I checked it out, too, because everyone kept going on and on about it but I couldn't make out some of the lyrics over the crowd laughing so I only watched the first two parts. And I kind of hate musicals, anyway.

peeves
17-09-09, 23:53
So i heard that OotP was on regular TV in Australia but not in America.

McGloomy
22-09-09, 10:19
It's not on TV here in Germany either. They only brought GoF in January 2009.

scoopy_loopy
22-09-09, 10:23

Yes, we had a big "marathon" with a Harry Potter movie each weekend leading up to the release of the latest movie. After OotP there was a special on the making of the new movie - or something. I didnt see it myself, just saw the adverts.

peeves
23-09-09, 02:53
It's not on TV here in Germany either. They only brought GoF in January 2009.
Well i got GoF on tv in early mid 2008
Yes, we had a big "marathon" with a Harry Potter movie each weekend leading up to the release of the latest movie. After OotP there was a special on the making of the new movie - or something. I didnt see it myself, just saw the adverts.
So it's on regular TV in your country OotP? What country do you live in?

ShadyCroft
23-09-09, 09:51
Oh my Goodness ! I'm super excited about this ! :jmp::jmp::jmp: I heard it like aweek ago, and am pretty sure a lot of you have known about this...its been announced that's its gonna happen next year 2010..:jmp::jmp:

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/sep/15/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter

http://www.wizardingworldharrypotter.com/?page_id=8

http://www.wizardingworldharrypotter.com/?page_id=16

:D:jmp:

peeves
24-09-09, 01:08
Well HBP is confirmed to be released December 8th on DVD here in America. but the UK get's it one day before us so I'm ****ed off.

Shark_Blade
24-09-09, 03:49

fr_h5-I_yksI've never laughed this hard since my friend slipped down the stairs.

What were they thinking? :vlol:

McGloomy
27-09-09, 21:39
http://i33.************/25a3qj8.jpg

Just saw this ad on a website... Wouldn't it be awesome if Harry Potter would have ended that way? All fiery and demon-like? Also check out the cheesy triangle scar. :p

Ada the Mental
27-09-09, 22:49
LMAO. Look at him, he even has round glasses. :vlol:
Anything would have been better than the anti-climatic WTF-ness that actually happened. :p

JRod2208
27-09-09, 23:02
What?! Intercollegiate quidditch?! Oh, man, that's so stupid...:vlol:

peffect
30-09-09, 18:46
Hey!

If you are following JK Rowling on Twitter you might notice her last tweet was ".............as pen and paper is my priority at the moment"

Is she working on something? I mean, apart from that Harry Potter Encyclopedia. 'Cause the Encyclopedia seems on its way out, and that means Jo is using a PC, as she did with the Deathly Hallows after setting all the plot.

What do you guys think?

Ada the Mental
30-09-09, 21:50
Who knows. I think she's just talking about the Encyclopedia. The "pen and paper" part isn't nessecarily literal.

What would you guys like her to do next? Write something completely different or explore the Potterverse some more (with different characters)? I think it still has a lot of potential. But I guess you could argue that's what fan fiction is for... :p

Rivendell
30-09-09, 21:53
There was talk ages ago that after HP she was going to pen a thriller or a crime novel aimed at adults. Might be that.
I don't think she'll 'focus' on the Encyclopedia though, I think that'll be a side project to whatever she's doing. :tmb:

silver_wolf
30-09-09, 22:05
Didn't she say she wanted to write some murder-mystery books?

peffect
30-09-09, 22:27
Yeah, a crime-thriller thing and I heard about something else for young children; but if you've seen A Year in the Life, when JK Rowling said "I finished the book" she was using a laptop, to me, it meant that she finished something she aldready had on paper.
And when she's talking about "pen and paper" my mind thinks about something new!

Or am I just pointlessly hyped up?

Tonyrobinson
30-09-09, 22:57
I'd like to see an adultized book of hers. Not to say the Harry Potter books were aimed at children either though :)

peeves
30-09-09, 22:58
I'd like to see an adultized book of hers. Not to say the Harry Potter books were aimed at children either though :)

Well after the last movie of the franchise I won't focus on nothin' about JK Rowling or other people of the franchise :p

touchthesky
01-10-09, 16:08
Well HBP is confirmed to be released December 8th on DVD here in America. but the UK get's it one day before us so I'm ****ed off.

It's a British thing, so we should get it first. :P. You guys seem to be getting the cinematical releases first so we should at LEAST get the DVDs!

Think my boyfriend pre-ordered the 1-6 blu ray boxset on HMV since it was 39.99 and then he got his student discount.

peeves
01-10-09, 16:33
It's a British thing, so we should get it first. :P. You guys seem to be getting the cinematical releases first so we should at LEAST get the DVDs!

Think my boyfriend pre-ordered the 1-6 blu ray boxset on HMV since it was 39.99 and then he got his student discount.
Well youtube won't allow the movies to be uploaded and they won't letcha watch it online nowhere they wantcha to complete surveys and even when you do they won't letcha watch it anyway :(

McGloomy
07-10-09, 17:43
According to Wikipedia these are J.K. Rowling's current projects:

a children's book (a "political fairy story") about a monster, aimed at a younger audience; probably the next thing she'll publish
the Harry Potter encyclopedia, but it might take ten years to be finished
something for adults
a few completed short stories, but it's uncertain whether they'll be published

Looking forward to all of it. Seriously, as long as it has J.K.Rowling printed on the cover I'll buy it. Did anyone else get the special edition of Beedle the Bard back then?

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2675/foto0277.th.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2675/foto0277.jpg)

peeves
16-10-09, 22:53
On imdb.com it says that DH is rated PG-13. Is this official or what? And when will HBP be available to download itunes? I already downloaded GoF and OotP.

McGloomy
28-10-09, 13:54
Does anybody know what J.K.Rowling is doing right now? I'd love to read something new... If you haven't read them yet, I can only recommend these three links:

Harry Potter Prequel (http://www.gryffindorgazette.com/2008/06/11/the-harry-potter-prequel-read-it-here/)

a 800-word story written on a post card for a charity auction

The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination (http://harvardmagazine.com/commencement/the-fringe-benefits-failure-the-importance-imagination)
on 5 June 2008, Rowling spoke at the Harvard University commencement ceremony where she received another honorary degree

For Girls Only, Probably... (http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en/extrastuff_view.cfm?id=22)

an interesting essay about the pressure of being thin

Ada the Mental
04-11-09, 23:50
Have you seen these? :D

GI4NvFzeC8o

Q-a8USS84F4

Ron's Disease is pretty stupid, imo. Snape's Diary is hilarious!

peeves
04-11-09, 23:57
I'm very disappointed right now because I hefta wait until December 8 to get the HBP dvd or get it on itunes and they won't allow the movie online no where it doesn't play in theaters no more so why do i hefta wait til December 8 to get it on itunes?! :mad: :hea: It's just not fair at all :(
It's still more than a month away :cen: Also another thing that ****es me off is that America is always last to get a Harry Potter movie on regular tv so America will get OotP last on Regular tv which is so sad :( I hate it when it happens.

daventry
17-11-09, 08:45
I read around that there will be New Ultimate HP DVD Movies, does this mean Extra Scenes like Special Edition DVDs. :confused:

Shark_Blade
17-11-09, 09:17
I'm waiting for HBP Blu Ray and it's release is on 8th December. My birthday. Sweet. :D

Anyway, I read Tales of Beedle the Bard and well...it's not as engaging as Harry Potter. Not really sure I'm going to read her other materials. Ah, many other great books to be read out there. :D

Dream_Raider
17-11-09, 10:08
^ yeah I read beedle too......good book but not Harry Potter

disneyprincess20
17-11-09, 10:10
I blitzed through all the books recently and finished off with the Beedle book. It certainly clarified some things. If I was recommending an order to read the books in to someone, I would say read Beedle between HBP and DH. It keeps the Peverell story fresh in your mind that way I think.

ZapTheLadyBird
17-11-09, 10:51
VOLEDMORT RULES!!!
:cln:

touchthesky
17-11-09, 11:14
dunno if i ever posted this here:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs086.snc3/15360_339402430108_887575108_9685880_1997768_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs086.snc3/15360_339402435108_887575108_9685881_3853404_n.jpg

:)

peeves
17-11-09, 15:11
Anyway i heard that DH will open with Dumbledore's Funeral the white tomb the first scene of the movie.

Shark_Blade
19-11-09, 15:58
OMG the Blu Ray for Half Blood Prince has been released here three days ago! :eek: (It was to be on the 8th Dec but seems they speedfast everything) Excellent!:jmp:

I bought a copy today and love the movie. The extra materials are amazing, with bonus outtakes with the cast.
I especially love the 'One Year with JK Rowling' segment where she talks about her life and inspiration in making HP which is very emotional and enlightening.
Love it.

Honestly, best HP movie yet. Best bonus materials yet. All is good.:D

BlackRainbow
19-11-09, 16:38
Q-a8USS84F4
:vlol: I love all Puppet Pals' movies! :vlol: Funny one! :tmb:

peeves
19-11-09, 17:23
OMG the Blu Ray for Half Blood Prince has been released here three days ago! :eek: (It was to be on the 8th Dec but seems they speedfast everything) Excellent!:jmp:

I bought a copy today and love the movie. The extra materials are amazing, with bonus outtakes with the cast.
I especially love the 'One Year with JK Rowling' segment where she talks about her life and inspiration in making HP which is very emotional and enlightening.
Love it.

Honestly, best HP movie yet. Best bonus materials yet. All is good.:D

It's a shame that america always gets harry potter things last e.g. DVD movie and movie on regular tv.

Ada the Mental
19-11-09, 18:03
Oh, come on, you get almost everything else first!

@touchthesky Great pics! What IS Nat wearing? LOL

peeves
19-11-09, 18:05

@touchthesky Great pics! What IS Nat wearing? LOL

Basically the only thing we get first is the movie in theaters. that's it. Everything else we get last. :(

Shark_Blade
20-11-09, 05:29
It's a shame that america always gets harry potter things last e.g. DVD movie and movie on regular tv.I don't know how they speed up things, but the person in charge for doing that should be praised and promoted.:jmp:

@touchthesky Great pics! What IS Nat wearing? LOLlol not everything. I got Uncharted 2 and Saw games a bit late here in Malaysia. :p

Patience friends, it'll come to you eventually.

Again on 'One Year with JK Rowling' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1l4WYk4aQ4), I can't describe how satisfied I was with this documentary. It was fairly long as well, not like the short interviews in HP2 & 3.

She had a fair share of hard life, btu she keep pushing forward, keep on writing until her unexpected enormous success that she enjoys till today. They even have scenes where she wrote her last HP book in a hotel room, how she cope with glamorous hollywood lifestyle, where she shop for shoes (lol), she shows part of her current house, she visits her old apartment when she was poor back then - which was sad and she cried a bit, she visited a church and in the logbook there's a name she took to be put into her novel...it was all so captivating and inspiring.:o

egypt_gypsie
20-11-09, 05:45
Has anyone watched A Very Potter Musical on Youtube?

If not, I highly suggest you do. It is brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwM_AKeMCk

:D

peeves
27-11-09, 22:30
So in Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, and Half-Blood Prince, i know the name of each scene where dan cries.

McGloomy
30-11-09, 20:01
So in Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, and Half-Blood Prince, i know the name of each scene where dan cries.
...after returning with Cedric and when he finds Dumbledore's body. When does he cry in Order of the Phoenix? I only remember him screaming in rage after Sirius' death.

Did any of you see "A Year in the life of J.K. Rowling"? It's interesting and very moving. There's also a tiny glimpse of Rowling's next project:

http://www.imagefrog.net/out.php/i49299_politicalfairytale.jpg

I wish they didn't blur it... All I can make out is something like "vegetarian". :D

LaraRules81
30-11-09, 20:05
What's the sixth movie like? The Half Blood Prince is the only one I haven't read, so I don't know what happens, is it any good? :)

McGloomy
30-11-09, 20:14
What's the sixth movie like? The Half Blood Prince is the only one I haven't read, so I don't know what happens, is it any good? :)
The book explains a lot about Voldemort's back story and sets up things for the last book. Most of this stuff wasn't nearly as detailled in the movie, which concentrated on romance, Quidditch and school life in Hogwarts. I enjoyed the movie nevertheless, it had great comedy without ruining the emotional and scary scenes. It's third on my official scale (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3872322&postcount=4583). ;)

LaraRules81
30-11-09, 20:17
The book explains a lot about Voldemort's back story and sets up things for the last book. Most of this stuff wasn't nearly as detailled in the movie, which concentrated on romance, Quidditch and school life in Hogwarts. I enjoyed the movie nevertheless, it had great comedy without ruining the emotional and scary scenes. It's third on my official scale (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3872322&postcount=4583). ;)

:tmb:

I prefer them in that sort of order too, only like this:

1) Prisoner of Askaban
2) Order of the Phoebix
3) Goblet of Fire
4) Chamber of Secrets
5) Philosophers Stone

:D

peeves
30-11-09, 20:32
...after returning with Cedric and when he finds Dumbledore's body. When does he cry in Order of the Phoenix? I only remember him screaming in rage after Sirius' death.

He does cry in the fifth movie when sirius passes beyond the arc.

Ada the Mental
30-11-09, 20:33
lol not everything. I got Uncharted 2 and Saw games a bit late here in Malaysia. :p

I was talking about the US, lol. :p
I haven't bought HBP yet, shame on me. I bought all the others as soon as they were released.

peeves
30-11-09, 20:34
I was talking about the US, lol. :p
I haven't bought HBP yet, shame on me. I bought all the others as soon as they were released.

I still hefta wait another frickin 8 days before it's released on dvd or itunes. :mad: :hea:

McGloomy
30-11-09, 21:34
My brother got it on the day it was released. Sometimes it's great to have siblings. :D

msalpha2omega
30-11-09, 22:56
Guys, honestly, who liked HBP movie? I didn't much, cause there were so many important things were cut off. Only about 20-30% of the book made it to the movie. I think their biggest problem is that they change director at almost every movie....

McGloomy
30-11-09, 23:43
As I've written before: less Tom Riddle and Horcruxes, more comedy and romance. Those last two have been important parts of every Harry Potter book, and there wasn't much of them in Order of the Phoenix and there won't be much in Deathly Hallows 1 and 2. When you see the HP movies as a film series I'm glad they included those aspects in HBP because it was their last chance to do so.
About the director: David Yates directed all films starting with OotP, so that's no excuse any longer. ;)

msalpha2omega
01-12-09, 00:01
Well, I can understand they want to add things that are more popular to the people. Respectful. But what I was asking was if those who have read the books and know the story liked the movie.

Fdx Croft
01-12-09, 00:07
One question to those who already bought the DVD of The Half-Blood Prince... does it comes with any spoiler or any sneak on the next film? Maybe a short scene, or a photo?

:hug:

Shark_Blade
01-12-09, 00:13
Nope, not on my Blu Ray. :)
I like that, surprise me HP team.

peeves
01-12-09, 00:24
So did anyone get HBP for itunes yet?

McGloomy
01-12-09, 10:38
But what I was asking was if those who have read the books and know the story liked the movie.
I take that as an insult! :p
No, seriously, of course I've read all the books. When the first two movies were released I was angry about every little change they made. Starting with the third movie I learned to appreciate the different qualities of the medium film. I think there are two different groups of fans: the die-hard ones who prefer almost direct translations of the books to the screen (PS and CoS) and the ones who prefer the loose adaptions that result in more watchable films (PoA and OotP).
That's the reason I liked HBP although I've read the book. Nearly everything about it was perfect, the funny moments as well as the scary and moving scenes. Draco got his deserved spotlight and the destruction of the bridge was a great addition. Nevertheless there were a few things I missed:

Tom Riddle's past
more information about the Horcruxes
Snape's past and role in the story
"There's no need to call me Sir." :D

The destruction of the Burrow was unnecessary and anti-climatic, the whole scene didn't really get the point across. It's the only change I'm not happy about.
So did anyone get HBP for itunes yet?
Nope, I have the DVD. ;)

msalpha2omega
01-12-09, 13:42
Nevertheless there were a few things I missed:

Tom Riddle's past
more information about the Horcruxes
Snape's past and role in the story
"There's no need to call me Sir." :D

The destruction of the Burrow was unnecessary and anti-climatic, the whole scene didn't really get the point across. It's the only change I'm not happy about.

I totally agree with you! I think those things should make it to the movie! I belong to the first group of fans you mentioned, and the reason is that I think people that haven't read the books, but watch and enjoy the movies, will be a bit "lost". If you haven't followed the storyline as presented in the books, many things in the movie won't make any sence. As, for example Harry's interest for Ginnie. In the book Harry's feelings were described very well, from the beginning where he refused to admit he liked it, to the end where he couldn't hide any more. But in the movie it appears like that interest came out of nowhere.

And I missed that quote, too:D Definitely one of Harry's coolest and most funny quotes!

McGloomy
01-12-09, 17:58
I made screenshots of Harry's vision when he touched the ring:

http://www.imagefrog.net/out.php/i49534_vision2.jpg

I find the snake interesting... Nagini? I see a lot more of these visions coming in Deathly Hallows to make up for the plot holes left by HBP.

JonnyT
01-12-09, 18:29
I've ordered the Blu-Ray version of HBP for my sister's christmas present :) I think she'll enjoy it.

AmericanAssassin
01-12-09, 18:35
I'm so glad the DVD got leaked. I watched this on my PS3 just last night. :D

peeves
01-12-09, 21:07
I'm so glad the DVD got leaked. I watched this on my PS3 just last night. :D

You have the DVD for HBP? It won't be available til December 8.

Nerd For Life
01-12-09, 21:08
Actually, it's already available in my country.

peeves
01-12-09, 21:22
Actually, it's already available in my country.

Does anyone have it for itunes yet?

Nerd For Life
01-12-09, 21:55
I don't.

AmericanAssassin
01-12-09, 21:57
You have the DVD for HBP? It won't be available til December 8.

I have a leaked copy on my PC and PS3. ;)

TombRaiderLover
01-12-09, 22:03
I have a leaked copy on my PC and PS3. ;)

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, REBELLLLLLLLLLLLL, OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM . . .

:p

McGloomy
01-12-09, 22:16
Does anyone have it for itunes yet?
What's the point in having it on I-Tunes when I have it on DVD? :D

peeves
01-12-09, 22:35
What's the point in having it on I-Tunes when I have it on DVD? :D

I meant is it available for itunes yet in your country?

touchthesky
01-12-09, 22:39
Teenage Tom Riddle was at an event recently..He wears stupid jumpers and has stupid hair...apparently people think it's hot.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7694/96540517.jpg

Nerd For Life
01-12-09, 22:43
LOL; he's cute, I think. :o

egypt_gypsie
01-12-09, 23:13
Not sure if anyone posted this yet or not, so here you go :D

A picture from Deathly Hallows :)

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/12/01/harry-potter-first-look-deathly-hallows/

peffect
01-12-09, 23:22
Reading the books for the 3rd time. Always a real pleasure! :D
Now Starting The Chamber of Secrets! :jmp:

Nerd For Life
01-12-09, 23:23
Reading the books for the 3rd time. Always a real pleasure! :D
Now Starting The Chamber of Secrets! :jmp:

I honestly lost count how many times I've read the series over and over... I'm not ashamed. :D

Shark_Blade
02-12-09, 01:32
Teenage Tom Riddle was at an event recently..He wears stupid jumpers and has stupid hair...apparently people think it's hot.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7694/96540517.jpgIs he from Chamber of Secrets or the one in Half Blood Prince?My bet its from HBP.

peeves
02-12-09, 02:09
Is he from Chamber of Secrets or the one in Half Blood Prince?My bet its from HBP.

It's the HBP one. The one from CoS had blue eyes and this one has brown eyes so it's HBP.

McGloomy
02-12-09, 09:07
stupid jumpers and stupid hair...
Still better than his voldEMOrt style from the movie... :p

BlackRainbow
02-12-09, 09:09
I honestly lost count how many times I've read the series over and over... I'm not ashamed. :D
Aw, same here. :D

Ada the Mental
02-12-09, 14:50

Aw, same here. :D

Me too. I've definitely read books 1-5 more than 10 times. I used to read the series at least once a year, and before the release of the new book or movie. And I'm proud of it. :D

I read DH twice but I haven't felt like rereading the series since... :(

donttouchmyuzis
02-12-09, 17:58
You almost have to read the books a second time because the first time through you don't recognize all the little ingenious things Rowling stuck in there. For instance, Hagrid mentioning Sirius Black giving him the bike in the first chapter of the first book. When you first read it, you don't know a thing about Sirius Black. There's also a line Ron says in CoS about perhaps Riddle was awarded the plague for killing Moaning Murtle which "would have done everyone a favor"...and it turns out, he had! Or, one of my favorites, when Harry thinks in the Half-Blood Prince how much a better teacher the prince is than Snape...yet it turns out they are the same person! And in The O of the P, when Ms. Dudley talks about "that horrible boy" explaining about the dementors...you assume she's talking about James until you find out two books later she was really talking about Snape! Oh Rowling is just a genious!

ShadyCroft
02-12-09, 18:14
^^ I so agree with you, even within the same book. There's this part where Harry and Hermione were at the library and they heard a sound behind them only to find that was Mrs. Pince.
Later on around the end you realize it was Malfoy and that was how he heard mention Filch not recognizing the poison/potion. Same with the unexplainable things in Goblet of Fire (Mad Eye Moody's plan) and when he explains it right from the beginning when he was saved by Arthur Weasly (the moving dumbsters) all through out the year.
And oh my fav ! the time turner...it was really great retracing the whole event in the willow but from a different perspective. Also, the parts where we hear Lupin and Sirius explain about the map, their Hogwarts years and everything else...the reason the willow was planted, the rumors of ghosts in the shack.

My Goodness, the book are indeed amazing and I'm itching to read them again after writing this post. :D

Edit: Oooh ! oooh ! also, Rita Skeeter...when we find out she's a beetle, you'd go back to every part like the night at the Yule Ball, the second task...there was always a mention of a beetle.

peeves
02-12-09, 18:47
^^ I so agree with you, even within the same book. There's this part where Harry and Hermione were at the library and they heard a sound behind them only to find that was Mrs. Pince.
Later on around the end you realize it was Malfoy and that was how he heard mention Filch not recognizing the poison/potion. Same with the unexplainable things in Goblet of Fire (Mad Eye Moody's plan) and when he explains it right from the beginning when he was saved by Arthur Weasly (the moving dumbsters) all through out the year.
And oh my fav ! the time turner...it was really great retracing the whole event in the willow but from a different perspective. Also, the parts where we hear Lupin and Sirius explain about the map, their Hogwarts years and everything else...the reason the willow was planted, the rumors of ghosts in the shack.

My Goodness, the book are indeed amazing and I'm itching to read them again after writing this post. :D

Edit: Oooh ! oooh ! also, Rita Skeeter...when we find out she's a beetle, you'd go back to every part like the night at the Yule Ball, the second task...there was always a mention of a beetle.

What potter movie do we find out that rita is literally a beetle? or do you mean figurative?

McGloomy
02-12-09, 18:50
What potter movie do we find out that rita is literally a beetle? or do you mean figurative?
They're talking about the books. Hermione finds it out at the end of Goblet of Fire. She catches Rita in a glass and blackmails her to stop writing crappy articles. ;)
This subplot was unfortunately dropped from the films.

Ada the Mental
02-12-09, 19:02

And there's also that bit at the end where Harry was at the hospital wing with the Weasleys, Hermione and Sirius. At some point Hermione sneakily approaches a window and there's a thud that startles everyone. Turns out that's when she caught Rita!

*Nerdgasm!* :D

Lavinder
02-12-09, 19:08
Rowling is genius - my favourite books out of all I have read. :D

peeves
07-12-09, 17:05
I still hefta wait one more goddam day to get it on itunes :hea: America the only country that doesn't have HBP on itunes/DVD yet :mad: 21 weeks is too frickin long to get on itunes after the movie release.

ZapTheLadyBird
07-12-09, 17:47
We got the film today :)

The sixth one...

touchthesky
07-12-09, 18:47
I think I might re-read the HP series again after I've finished a few books I've got lined up.

Btw, if you're in the UK and haven't got HBP yet..ASDA have it for 6.70!!!

AmericanAssassin
07-12-09, 18:50
I think I'm going to reread them, as well. They're so amazing. I never get tired of them. :D

peeves
07-12-09, 22:48
We got the film today :)

The sixth one...

I think I might re-read the HP series again after I've finished a few books I've got lined up.

Btw, if you're in the UK and haven't got HBP yet..ASDA have it for 6.70!!!

I'm in the US so i still hefta wait til tomorra for the itunes movie :(

Matie
09-12-09, 15:26
An official preview has been released of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :jmp: Has anyone seen it? It's here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXvvdQL2PQ) (sorry, I can't embed it)

I didn't want to advertise, I just couldn't fint it on YT, so I uploaded it.

disneyprincess20
09-12-09, 15:29
An official preview has been released of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :jmp: Has anyone seen it? It's here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXvvdQL2PQ) (sorry, I can't embed it)

I didn't want to advertise, I just couldn't fint it on YT, so I uploaded it.

Already gone, due to copyright reasons :(

Matie
09-12-09, 15:34
Already gone, due to copyright reasons :(

Oh:(
Nevermind, found another link (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3834710/dh_preview_one/), I hope it works.:)

Lara Fan 4Life
09-12-09, 15:50
Thanks a million for posting, Matie! :D I actually can not wait for the next two movies! Really glad they decided to spilt it into two movies! I just don't want to see them end! :p

I hope the last movies break the records that New Moon have broken. Sad to see movies make records when they least desire them! As much as the HP books are better than the movies, the movies beat the Twilight movies and books easily! :tmb:

disneyprincess20
09-12-09, 15:58
Oh:(
Nevermind, found another link (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3834710/dh_preview_one/), I hope it works.:)

You star!! That was very interesting, thanks!

peeves
09-12-09, 17:28
Saw the preview myself and they are mistaken when he said the 8th movie there'll only be 7 the 2 segments of DH is just the 7th film. There ain't no 8th movie. 7A November 2010, 7B July 2011.

touchthesky
09-12-09, 17:41
Well, it IS an eighth movie, isn't it? Lol.

I understand where you're coming from but there will be movies released 8 times, therefore I guess it is considered an eighth movie.

peeves
09-12-09, 17:48
Well, it IS an eighth movie, isn't it? Lol.

I understand where you're coming from but there will be movies released 8 times, therefore I guess it is considered an eighth movie.

Well maybe it is but it's the same 7th and final movie seperated in 2 halves the first half and second half.

trXD
09-12-09, 18:03
Saw the preview myself and they are mistaken when he said the 8th movie there'll only be 7 the 2 segments of DH is just the 7th film. There ain't no 8th movie. 7A November 2010, 7B July 2011.
Thats a bit of a daft thing to say peeves, i consider it an 8th movie, it can be looked at either way.

TombRaiderLover
09-12-09, 18:14
Well maybe it is but it's the same 7th and final movie seperated in 2 halves the first half and second half.

The film makers are treating the two parts as separate films.

Aranara
09-12-09, 19:54
Yeah, the first part in 2010 and the second one in 2011 which seems like a really idiotic idea to me.

Lara Fan 4Life
09-12-09, 19:57
Yeah, the first part in 2010 and the second one in 2011 which seems like a really idiotic idea to me.

How so? I mean, this way they won't have to cut out a load of scenes to fit into one movie like they did with the past movies! 2 movies for one book will make for more scenes added! :D

Rivendell
09-12-09, 20:46

:vlol: Oh don't start this again.
It's two films. Two separate films that convey one book, but are still two films. Both films have a start, middle, and end. They're both considered separate films, and will have two separate release dates.

McGloomy
09-12-09, 21:18
They're giving their best to make it feel like two seperate movies with the end of the first film being a proper ending and not a total cliffhanger. The first film is described as a road movie and the second as an epic fantasy opera. ;)

peeves
10-12-09, 01:19
They're giving their best to make it feel like two seperate movies with the end of the first film being a proper ending and not a total cliffhanger. The first film is described as a road movie and the second as an epic fantasy opera. ;)

The first half of the final movie will be a road journey the second half will be epic. So what will the 7th and final movie be rated? My guess is PG-13.

McGloomy
10-12-09, 07:17
What was the rating of Half-Blood Prince? In Germany Philosopher's Stone was rated 6+ and Chamber of Secrets had scenes cut out to get the same rating. All movies since Prisoner of Askaban have been rated 12+ (or 6+ with parental guidance).

peeves
12-12-09, 21:40
What was the rating of Half-Blood Prince? In Germany Philosopher's Stone was rated 6+ and Chamber of Secrets had scenes cut out to get the same rating. All movies since Prisoner of Askaban have been rated 12+ (or 6+ with parental guidance).

HBP is PG.

disneyprincess20
15-12-09, 12:17
If anyone's interested, Universal studios have begun construction on Harry Potter World (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2009/12/15/universal-picks-up-the-pace-with-harry-potter.aspx) (scan down to the bottom of the article).

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/Orlando-dec-hogwarts-3-web.jpg

peeves
15-12-09, 20:38
the 7th and final movie is 2 films in one.

Rivendell
15-12-09, 21:21
How can it be 2 films in one? :confused: That makes no sense.

It's one story spread over two separate films.

ShadyCroft
15-12-09, 21:24
yeah, not like Head and Shoulders. :)

Ada the Mental
15-12-09, 21:28
Do we really have to start this again? :vlol:

ShadyCroft
15-12-09, 21:30
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/Orlando-dec-hp-hogwarts-1-w.jpg

Wow! :eek: I wonder how big this really is. Will we be able to go inside the tower ?! Is it really huge ?!
what about those tiny little towers at the top ? are those small stuff put there to give some sort of illusion or are they really towers we can get into ?

*drools at thoughts*

peeves
15-12-09, 22:03
Anyway you'll get PS/SS, CoS, PoA on DVD to start with. And in order to get GoF, OotP, and HBP on DVD you must beat Boaz Returns level in AOD without level skip/select cheat or any type of cheat. If you can then those movies are yours on DVD if not then you'll only get the first 3 on DVD.

touchthesky
22-12-09, 14:21
I just started my re-read of the series with the philosophers stone :)..about 120 pages in...I's been so long sine I read it andI am really enjoying it!

Shame I'll have to read aother book which someone lent me between PS and COS.

Hogwarts, Hogwart, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

peeves
22-12-09, 14:24
And next month OotP should air on regular tv on ABC 7 in america.

lara c. fan
22-12-09, 14:31
Anyway you'll get PS/SS, CoS, PoA on DVD to start with. And in order to get GoF, OotP, and HBP on DVD you must beat Boaz Returns level in AOD without level skip/select cheat or any type of cheat. If you can then those movies are yours on DVD if not then you'll only get the first 3 on DVD.

I've got the 6 that are out, and I've never played AOD. Hah!

Lara Fan 4Life
22-12-09, 14:51
Anyone else getting the upcoming Lego Harrp Potter game - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-lego-harry/59750 :jmp:

peeves
22-12-09, 14:53
I've got the 6 that are out, and I've never played AOD. Hah!

I was only teasing ya know :p

ClassicCroft
22-12-09, 15:00
Anyone else getting the upcoming Lego Harrp Potter game - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-lego-harry/59750 :jmp:

lowl i really like it :P Verry funny when they run in the wall,:tea:

touchthesky
23-12-09, 14:39
I toook a few pics of my wands and other folks wands (mine are dracos and voldemorts and the alivans wand, my boyfriend owns dumbledores and sirius black (not pictured) and his brother owns ron, neville and harry (not pictured)

Alivans Wand
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs178.snc3/20539_386137460108_887575108_10147438_3986603_n.jp g

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs178.snc3/20539_386153730108_887575108_10147472_4201776_n.jp g

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs198.snc3/20539_386153795108_887575108_10147474_223254_n.jpg

Draco (my personal favourite)
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs198.snc3/20539_386137380108_887575108_10147434_712044_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs178.snc3/20539_386153765108_887575108_10147473_3176401_n.jp g

Voldemort
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs178.snc3/20539_386153700108_887575108_10147471_3635658_n.jp g

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs198.snc3/20539_386153820108_887575108_10147475_938562_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs178.snc3/20539_386155600108_887575108_10147501_1804776_n.jp g

Dumbledore (Elder Wand)
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs198.snc3/20539_386137420108_887575108_10147436_2936656_n.jp g

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs178.snc3/20539_386155625108_887575108_10147502_5565098_n.jp g

Ron
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs198.snc3/20539_386137390108_887575108_10147435_6190219_n.jp g

Neville
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs198.snc3/20539_386137445108_887575108_10147437_4193577_n.jp g

ShadyCroft
23-12-09, 15:12
:eek: Vicky, those are beautiful ! Thanks for posting :tmb:

touchthesky
24-12-09, 20:51
No problem at all :)

Thankyou as well!

I was just looking at my old Harry Potter costume today..so tempted to don it and get some photos taken!

AmericanAssassin
30-12-09, 22:54
I'm currently in the middle of watching A Day in the Life of J.K. Rowling on the HBP Blu-Ray and I can't even believe how amazing it is. I love this book series so much. I keep getting chills and there are tears in my eyes. I'm such a weirdo. :o

Lara Fan 4Life
30-12-09, 23:00
^ Freaky, I was just watching that and there were tears in my eyes as well! Made me respect J.K Rowling even more after seeing it for all she's been through and how it effected the writing of the books! Amazing stuff! :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
30-12-09, 23:07
I always make fun of people who cry over famous people, but if I ever met her I would probably do so. She's like a hero to me. :)

EDIT: Oh. My. God. I cannot stop crying. I want to be exactly like her some day. She's so amazing. :D

Tonyrobinson
31-12-09, 04:07
It's a thrilling documentary indeed. I am sooo getting the new Lego game. It looks Suuu-weet!

Carbonek_0051
31-12-09, 05:34
I need to re-read Deathly Hallows before the movie comes out. ;__;

Angel666
31-12-09, 06:20
I just finished rereading it for the first time since it was released. I still hate some of what happened but I was able to just enjoy it.

Carbonek_0051
31-12-09, 06:21
I remember loving everything about it. Except the happy ending, I was hoping for a sad ending.:p

scion05
31-12-09, 12:23
I've got to read it for the first time! I've just finished my first every reading of the Half Blood Prince, and now need to see the film! :D

Lonely Istari
06-01-10, 09:05
Squeee!

First Official Deathy Hallows Trailer (http://www.fusedfilm.com/2010/01/first-official-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-trailer-arrives/)

Trailer is right under the Voldy pic

:jmp:

January_Snow*
06-01-10, 09:27
Squeee!

First Official Deathy Hallows Trailer (http://www.fusedfilm.com/2010/01/first-official-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-trailer-arrives/)

It looks cool :) :) but still looks like it won't be faithfull to the book...... again...

Carbonek_0051
06-01-10, 10:51
Squeee!

Omg, I want it out now. Everything from the trailer almost looks exactly like I pictured it in the book.

LightningRider
06-01-10, 11:15
Interesting. I'm excited! :D

john_york
06-01-10, 11:28
I can't remember, exactly, but the part in the trailer where Ollivander is talking about the Hallows... does that happen in the book?

I seem to remember him saying he didn't know anything about them. But I may be wrong.

disneyprincess20
06-01-10, 11:29
^^ I don't think it happens in the book, but John Hurt has an awesome voice for narration. Also, I think Olivander says he knows nothing about the Elder Wand, not all the Deathly Hallows, that's how I remember it.

Lara Fan 4Life
06-01-10, 11:30
^ I actually can't remember! :p Wasn't it Luna's father who told them about the Hallows?

john_york
06-01-10, 11:33
^ I actually can't remember! :p Wasn't it Luna's father who told them about the Hallows?

Yes, it was. And Rhy Ifans has been cast as Xenophilius, so if he's in the film, why is Ollivander telling them about the Hallows. And so late in the story, as well... Harry should know about them waaaaaaaay before Shell Cottage.

Lavinder
06-01-10, 11:37
Squeee!

Wow.

Lonely Istari
06-01-10, 19:35
I'm honestly having a hard time remembering any of the 7th book! Obviously I remember the major things that happen, but some of the juicy details have escaped my head. I need to go back and read it again before the movie comes out! ...then again, maybe I shouldn't. I might enjoy the movie more if I don't remember every detail they left out lol

I've always been one to not care as much about that though. My philosophy is, if you want it to be EXACTLY like the book, then just go read the book. lol I think it's ok for the directors/writers to have a bit of artistic license. If they change something major of course that annoys me. But no movie is ever exactly the same as it's book. And lets face it, if it were exactly the same, it would be way too long and a little tedious. It's different to read all that detail than it is to watch it on screen.

LarasClone
09-01-10, 03:11
what did you prefer hp 5 or 6?

silver_wolf
09-01-10, 03:13
Movie or book? Both I preferred 6. I think OotP was Rowling's worst book, but that's saying a hell of a lot. It's still a great read. :D

Shark_Blade
09-01-10, 08:58
HP7 trailer? Not gonna watch it or read the book haha!
I'd get more satisfaction not knowing what to expect.

Surprise me movie makers! *cheers*

Aranara
09-01-10, 09:01
The trailer is amazing!! :eek:
I need to re-read the book so I can remember something when I watch the film :tmb:

lara c. fan
09-01-10, 09:33
That trailers awesome!

*wants more*

Dream_Raider
09-01-10, 11:07
AMAZING trailer!!!!!

Your_Envy*
09-01-10, 14:07
Can't wait, can't wait! :yah: It's look great! And I wonder when they will end the first part, in which scene? Does anybody know? :)

Lara Fan 4Life
09-01-10, 14:09
Can't wait, can't wait! :yah: It's look great! And I wonder when they will end the first part, in which scene? Does anybody know? :)

I remember reading a post saying it will end somewhere in the Malfoy's Manor scene, but they could have easily changed it!

Your_Envy*
09-01-10, 14:19
^ That would be good actually, and I will pull my hair cause I will want the second part! I can already see it! :vlol: Thanks for the info! :)

Tonyrobinson
10-01-10, 01:58
Does anybody else think Hermione's hair is perfect in the film. So long and messy :)

silver_wolf
10-01-10, 02:29
I think Emma Watson in general is perfect. Imo. :D

Shark_Blade
10-01-10, 02:35
Who on earth is Emily Watson? :whi:

silver_wolf
10-01-10, 03:14
My evil ninja cats have been dispatched. Please remain where you are for immediate termination.
Edit: ****, I meant Emma Watson :hea: Can't even remember her damn name, wtf....

peeves
13-01-10, 23:08
It's 2010 and still no notification of OotP on regular tv. :( Maybe february.

scion05
14-01-10, 17:29
1/4 of the way through reading the last book, for the first time!

Aranara
14-01-10, 17:30
I read the last bookin English because I didn't have the patience to wait for it in my native language :p

ShadyCroft
14-01-10, 17:35
Ending the first movie when Harry,Ron and Hermione are captured by the Death Eaters would be perfect (BEFORE they go to the Malfoy manor) would be perfect.
That would be an excellent cliff hanger (for those who didn't read the book), and on the way to the dark Malfoy manor would make a great introduction to the continuation.