PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

touchthesky
25-01-10, 16:18
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/celebrity-pictures-moran-pegg-frost-later-years.jpg

:D:D

HappyShannon
25-01-10, 16:23
^ :vlol: Lmao

McGloomy
25-01-10, 18:07
It's 2010 and still no notification of OotP on regular tv. :( Maybe february.
They air it on regular TV on 31st January here. :)

scion05
25-01-10, 20:05
Finished it :D

Rivendell
25-01-10, 20:57
^ Yay or Nay?

I'm still a bit disappointed by the final fight, and I use the term loosely. :pi:

AmericanAssassin
25-01-10, 20:57
I'm still a bit disappointed by the final fight, and I use the term loosely. :pi:

You aren't the only one. TDH was my least favorite book overall, though. :(

peffect
26-01-10, 17:25
The only two things I didn't like about tDH were the absence of the Giant Squid and the other creatures of the lake in the Final Battle. AND that epilogue! =S
But I loved the book!

Oh, and I thought this picture might be funny :D :

http://i48.************/id6uz8.png
:pi:

Lara Fan 4Life
26-01-10, 18:10
DH is one of my favourite HP books! :(

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 18:13
DH is one of my favourite HP books! :(

I agree, apart from the ending.
It all happened to fast...

McGloomy
27-01-10, 20:03
There are a couple of things I didn't like about DH. Like introducing all that wand staff in the final book, WTF? But **** it, I love Harry Potter and I can't wait for seeing "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU *****!" in the movie! :D

Lara's home
27-01-10, 20:05
There are a couple of things I didn't like about DH. Like introducing all that wand staff in the final book, WTF? But **** it, I love Harry Potter and I can't wait for seeing "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU *****!" in the movie! :D

I doubt the line will be there, judging by how "faithful" the movies are to the books..

McGloomy
27-01-10, 20:17
I doubt the line will be there, judging by how "faithful" the movies are to the books..
You're right, I can't really remember many quotable lines from the books that made it into the movies... Maybe "Expecto Patronum!" from PoA? xD
...but I would miss it. Do you think they wouldn't dare to use the word *****? o_O

EDIT: Speaking of swearing... In the German edition Molly calls Bellatrix a slut (instead of *****) and Hermione calls Ron an asshole (instead of arse). I like the way they didn't try to tone it down the tiniest bit. ^^

VonCroy360
03-02-10, 08:01
Confirmed: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' to hit screens in 3-D

One of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood was confirmed today as Warner Bros. announced the final two installments in the "Harry Potter" franchise, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 1" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 2" will both be released in 3-D. Additionally, reports indicate the studio also plans to release the family friendly "Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" and "Guardians of Ga' Hoole" in the newly invigorated format as well.

More intriguingly, Warner Bros. is moving forward with last minute changes to "Clash of the Titans" to allow it to be released in 3-D. No doubt an expensive prospect, this modification means the studio is moving "Clash" a few weeks back to April 2. This has caused two studios to move their release dates for their own pictures. CBS Films is pushing Jennifer Lopez's hopeful comeback "The Back-Up Plan" to April 23. MGM and Fox are taking advantage of better slots in March because of Clash's move by moving "Hot Tub Time Machine" to March 26 and "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" to March 19 respectively.

The 3-D changes to the final "Harry Potter" epics won't affect their release dates, however. The first "Deathly Hallows" is still set for Nov. 19 and the second part will end the franchise in May, 2011.

From Hitfix. Really nice. I just hope the storyline won't become less important to them now.

Dream_Raider
03-02-10, 11:35
^ ditto.

Tonyrobinson
03-02-10, 11:47
I think I'll see the 2D version. 3D distracts me too much. There was quite a bit of swearing in Deathly Hallows and hasn't really been any in the movies apart from. Ass, **** and Balls. I hope they keep the line Ron has to Malfoy "That's the second time we've saved your life tonight you two faced *******!" for the only reason that it's the first time we really see Ron stand up to Draco instead of being intimidated by him. I can't wait to see the Locket Scene how do you think its going to be shot. I hope it's so creepy looking. I can imagine the movement of Harry and Hermion forming and huging to be like that of the scene in "The Ring 2" when Samara crawls up the well twisting and wriggling in her creepy way.

Warning - Clip contains strong language

uwocpQgWyro

Aranara
03-02-10, 14:21
Oh, yey 3D, that sounds exciting :jmp:
Although I think I will stick with the 2D...I already wear glasses and my eyes hurt too much when I see a 3D movie..when I saw Avatar at the IMAX I though I was blind...

Ada the Mental
03-02-10, 14:28
Well, I think 3D is kind of pointless and gimmicky but I'll probably end up watching both versions.

Real Life Raider
19-02-10, 00:27
JK Rowling, who is being sued over alleged plagiarism, has hit out at the claims describing them as "absurd".

LINKIFY! (http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/18022010/5/rowling-faces-multi-million-pound-plagiarism-lawsuit-0.html)

HappyShannon
19-02-10, 00:31
At the moment, I'm watching two of my friends role play a Germione and Drarry story for me.

It's pretty disturbing, but entertaining :D:D

maniakatosheto
19-02-10, 00:34
http://194.12.229.99/photos/17/69/69058l.jpg
:mis: here is harry potter :D

Tonyrobinson
19-02-10, 00:36
I've never understood those crazy fans of franchises who write erotic fan fictions. :p

HappyShannon
19-02-10, 00:48
I've never understood those crazy fans of franchises who write erotic fan fictions. :p

Neither do I, but this is really entertaining so I forgive my mates :vlol:

robm_2007
19-02-10, 01:48
Who is your single favorite HP character?

Mine is Severus Snape. He is my all time favorite literary character. He's just awesome. (Alan Rickman is the only person that could embody a character as dark and cold as Snape)

Dream_Raider
19-02-10, 04:07
^ although Snape isn't my favoutrite HP character, I agree that he's awesome and Alan Rickman is totally PERFECT for Snape!!

My favourite character(s) are Fred and George.....I can't pick one!!!!!

AmericanAssassin
19-02-10, 04:13
Bellatrix Lestrange is more amazing than any character ever conceived for a novel, and casting Elena Bonham Carter was pure genius. :mis:

http://eternalopus.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/bellatrix3.jpg

MangelinaJolie
19-02-10, 04:15
I will have to agree and say Bellatrix! :)

Shark_Blade
19-02-10, 06:00
You wouldn't have to guess mine.

Hint: Look at my avatar. :p
My all time favorite, since I first read her in 'HP and the Philosopher's Stone' and until today.

Aranara
19-02-10, 06:02
Fred and George ftw! :tmb:

:vlol:
Book 7 was so sad when he died in book 7.

VonCroy360
19-02-10, 07:04
Luna and Ron. I love all the loser characters lol.

Aranara
19-02-10, 08:18
Luna and Ron. I love all the loser characters lol.

Yeah, them too xD
When HP 5 appeared, I was the ultimate Luna fan :vlol:

Shark_Blade
19-02-10, 08:33
Luna and Ron. I love all the loser characters lol.lol what happen to Neville?

touchthesky
19-02-10, 09:17
My favourite character is Draco Malfoy, followed by Ronald Weasley.

LightningRider
19-02-10, 09:24
Luna Luna Luna. Looneyyyy.

Lara Fan 4Life
19-02-10, 11:24
When HP 5 appeared, I was the ultimate Luna fan :vlol:

No, I'm the ultimate Luna Lovegood fan! :ohn:

http://i36.************/20a5lk7.jpg

Rivendell
24-02-10, 10:16
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4617/bellatrixlestrangephoto.jpg
Helena Bonham Carter talks more about Deathly Hallows, confirms split to take place before Malfoy Manor?

Earlier today we told you about an interview with Helena where she discussed her role in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Now, a new interview with MTV (primarily to promote Helena's upcoming role in Alice in Wonderland) offers us even greater details from the actress. Most notable is her mention of the Deathly Hallows split occurring before the Malfoy Manor scenes. This, after many fans speculated it would happen directly after. From MTV's report:
"The best bit about being Bellatrix in this one is also because I got to pretend to be Hermione," she added of a pivotal scene that has the evil witch's identity being assumed by Harry's friend in order to gain access to Gringotts Wizarding Bank, which holds Hufflepuff's cup — and a part of Voldemort's soul. "Because Hermione takes polyjuice potion and gets to look like Bellatrix."

After J.K. Rowling wrote the scene in the final "Potter" book, the film series' producers were faced with a difficult question: Was it preferable to use makeup and CGI to make Watson look like Bonham Carter, or have the older actress act like the younger?

"Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of make-up they just said, 'Now you go act like Hermione,' " Bonham Carter said of their decision. "That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione.

"It was great fun," she said of the scene. "[I was] looking at Dan [Radcliffe] and Rupert [Grint] and they were treating me as if I was 17."

The scene itself falls near the middle of the "Deathly Hallows" novel — but Bonham Carter's next statement might shed some important light on where the books will be split, a point on which the "Potter" crew have been elusive.

"I can't remember where they are going to cut," she explained, then remembered. "Yeah, [the scene is] definitely in the second one, because all of my stuff is in the second one. So you won't see me until 2011."

^ Mugglenet.

No more Bella' til 2011!

.. Hmph.

disneyprincess20
24-02-10, 10:26
Shame. Well to be fair, everything after the break-in runs straight to the final battle - there's no natural break in the story after the break-in, I think. I like Bella though, she's fantastic in the films.

ShadyCroft
24-02-10, 10:37
Thanks, Chris ! :tmb:

hmmm, no Bella 'til 2011...well, on the bright side, this will definitely be a good cliff-hanger, and it will build up excitement for the final movie.

Ada the Mental
24-02-10, 11:05
I wonder why they would even consider using make up and CGI on Watson instead of just using HBC. It sounds like too much effort and the result would probably not be as good. :confused:

silver_wolf
24-02-10, 21:32
I'd play it :whi:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/022410_oneletteroff_obs11--article_.jpg

Rivendell
15-03-10, 19:43
Jason Isaacs discusses decision he and David Yates made to end Lucius' story
.. and as a result of the decision, Jason had months less of filming.

The real tease? Jason didn't reveal what the change is!

This new bit of information comes from a recent interview Jason conducted with BBC Radio 2. You can listen to the clip right here thanks to Snitch Seeker. Here is a transcript:

"In fact, [Lucius' ending] wasn't planned. It was a decision made about how Lucius should end his bit in the story and we'd been leading up to it for a while and David - the lovely director - came to me and goes "What are we going to do with you that's really great? How are we going to do the ending?" And one day I came up with this thing and he went "gasp Oh that's it! Oh that's it. It'll be great."

We shot some particular bit but I still had months left to film. And I went to the trailer and took my wig off and the First Assistant came to me and said "Jason I'm just looking at the schedule and I noticed that, actually, we don't need you now." And I said "Why?" and he said "Well because that thing you decided to do means you're not in that scene or that scene or that scene." And I went [jokingly] "Ahhh! I've changed my mind!"

What could it be?! Did they actually decide to kill Lucius in the film? Hopefully we find out soon! Thanks to Daniel for the tip.

^ Mugglenet.

:eek: :mis: Interesting.

Underhoe
15-03-10, 20:30
Who is your single favorite HP character?

Mine is Severus Snape. He is my all time favorite literary character. He's just awesome. (Alan Rickman is the only person that could embody a character as dark and cold as Snape)

Definetly Hermione.:D

Tonyrobinson
15-03-10, 20:35
My favourite HP character would probably Dumbledore in the books and Luna in the movies :D

robm_2007
15-03-10, 21:06
to me, the HP films are probably the only Book-to-Movie transitions where every character was actually given justice by their actor with the way they portrayed the character and the way that they looked.

EXCEPT, for Professor Umbridge; Imelda Staunton does a good job, but imagined Professor Dolores Umbridge to be older, have grey-ish hair and be far more toad-like. (so, its not really her "fault", but the makeup/costume department)

Umbridge is one of my favorite HP characters, but i was dissapointed at how young she was in the movie.

i also imagined that Judi Dench could play Neville's grandmother, but her casting and image was fine, AFAIR.

Lara Fan 4Life
15-03-10, 21:20
^ I thought she was perfect for Umbridge! :tmb:

Tonyrobinson
15-03-10, 21:22
to me, the HP films are probably the only Book-to-Movie transitions where every character was actually given justice by their actor with the way they portrayed the character and the way that they looked.

EXCEPT, for Professor Umbridge; Imelda Staunton does a good job, but imagined Professor Dolores Umbridge to be older, have grey-ish hair and be far more toad-like. (so, its not really her "fault", but the makeup/costume department)

Umbridge is one of my favorite HP characters, but i was dissapointed at how young she was in the movie.

i also imagined that Judi Dench could play Neville's grandmother, but her casting and image was fine, AFAIR.

I would've liked to swap Miriam Margoyles and Imelda Staunton's role around. But there is still hope. They changed Flitwick to a more book description and the Death Eaters got a change and even in HBP Hagrid and Dumbledore were changed :)

robm_2007
15-03-10, 21:25
I would've liked to swap Miriam Margoyles and Imelda Staunton's role around. But there is still hope. They changed Flitwick to a more book description and the Death Eaters got a change and even in HBP Hagrid and Dumbledore were changed :)

i know that Dumbledore went from Richard Harris to Michael Gambon (the perfect Dumbledore, its a shame that the prevoius actor had to die for them the get the casting right, though)

but Robbie Coltrane has always been the actor for Hagrid. so what was changed?

Tonyrobinson
15-03-10, 21:28
i know that Dumbledore went from Richard Harris to Michael Gambon (the perfect Dumbledore, its a shame that the prevoius actor had to die for them the get the casting right, though)

but Robbie Coltrane has always been the actor for Hagrid. so what was changed?

Not the actors there appearence ;)

Hagrid's scruff curly hair was turned straight as was dumbledores and there were also minor costume edits :D

anniversarytr11
15-03-10, 21:28
is there a trailer for the film yet?

Tonyrobinson
15-03-10, 21:31
is there a trailer for the film yet?

v831FcK4dYQ

anniversarytr11
15-03-10, 21:39
OMG thank you! :jmp:

robm_2007
15-03-10, 22:02
Not the actors there appearence ;)

Hagrid's scruff curly hair was turned straight as was dumbledores and there were also minor costume edits :D

oh, ok.
well, i guess that it wont matter much if they change Umbridge's look in the next films, since it might confuse ppl with a drastic change; and she was only majorly important in HP5, so its not really necessary now.

touchthesky
17-03-10, 18:32
Finally got my Tonks autograph uploaded :)

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs475.snc3/26033_10150153187005109_887575108_11440162_7789171 _n.jpg

peeves
17-03-10, 18:56
So speaking of Harry Potter on ABC regular TV SS/PS, CoS, PoA, OotP, and HBP are TV-PG on those channels but GoF is TV-14 so what TV Rating will DH be? And HBP didn't make regular tv yet it's way too early but i know it'll be tv-pg since OotP was TV-PG and HBP was PG in movies and all the PG rated Harry Potter movies are TV-PG on that channel as well as OotP which was PG-13 but still got a TV rating of PG. DH might be TV-14 or TVPG. We'll hefta wait n see.

robm_2007
17-03-10, 21:06
So speaking of Harry Potter on ABC regular TV SS/PS, CoS, PoA, OotP, and HBP are TV-PG on those channels but GoF is TV-14 so what TV Rating will DH be? And HBP didn't make regular tv yet it's way too early but i know it'll be tv-pg since OotP was TV-PG and HBP was PG in movies and all the PG rated Harry Potter movies are TV-PG on that channel as well as OotP which was PG-13 but still got a TV rating of PG. DH might be TV-14 or TVPG. We'll hefta wait n see.

thats a lot of acronyms and confusion.

ill guess that DH will be TV14, as it is a very mature and dark HP book (maybe the film will be too). theres also a bunch of deaths in it.

HappyShannon
17-03-10, 22:16
In English we've been watching HP and the half blood prince.
I forgot how epic it was <3 :jmp:

Lara Fan 4Life
17-03-10, 22:21
^ You get to watch HP in English? :eek: That's it, I'm definitely moving to your school! :D How amazing would it be to watch and study HP films for English! :cln:

McGloomy
08-04-10, 11:28
Jo confirms she has written some other things, and she'll be releasing something in the "not too distant future" that is not Harry.
source (http://mugglenet.com/app/news/show/3409)

"...has written some other things" means she already finished at least one new book/short story/cookbook (:p) that has nothing to do with Harry Potter. What do you think "not too distant future" means? Maybe 2011? I'd love to read something new. Just for the record, these are her current projects:

a children's book (a "political fairy story") about a monster, aimed at a younger audience; probably the next thing she'll publish
something for adults
a few completed short stories, but it's uncertain whether they'll be published
the Harry Potter encyclopedia, but it might take ten years to be finished

AmericanAssassin
08-04-10, 14:15
I don't care if she's writing about dust bunnies. I'm excited to read whatever she has to offer! :jmp:

peeves
08-04-10, 14:32
Btw i read something on imdb about an april fool's joke about DH part 3 in 2013.

McGloomy
08-04-10, 15:06
Btw i read something on imdb about an april fool's joke about DH part 3 in 2013.
On my favourite German Potter website they had an April Fool which implied there would be three more films which dealt with background stories of different characters. They would be based on JKR's lexicon. A bit sad it was all just a joke. ^^

peeves
10-04-10, 22:45
On my favourite German Potter website they had an April Fool which implied there would be three more films which dealt with background stories of different characters. They would be based on JKR's lexicon. A bit sad it was all just a joke. ^^

I actually fell for that too. I thought there'd be a DH P3.

McGloomy
15-04-10, 13:45
The single mother's manifesto (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article7096786.ece) - An editorial by J.K. Rowling. Only for Britains, political interested people or die-hard fans I guess. ;)

peeves
06-05-10, 16:57
So has the rating for DH been confirmed yet?

touchthesky
06-06-10, 11:37
*Changed cuz someone was moaning*

Looool!

More here:
http://www.oclumencia.com.br/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=1128

I hope leaked pix of Draco come soon.

trXD
06-06-10, 11:43
Reading order of the phoenix, yes i'm only that far into the series.

I really hate that Umbridge woman, I mean just when I think she cant get any worse she goes and trumps herself. I bet she will end up sacking Hagrid (he has only just come back, to give his unfortunate giant story), my biggest fear though is that she ends up becoming headmaster! It could happen as the ministry is after Dumbledore!

Well, only one way to find out! *continues reading*

Carbonek_0051
06-06-10, 11:43
http://www.oclumencia.com.br/galeria/albums/userpics/normal_ultima.jpg

Looool!

More here:

What the hell have they done to Harry?

Also, I sort of wanted that to be a surprise, maybe you should change the pic to a link for people who want the film to be a surprise. :/

trXD
06-06-10, 11:47
Oh my gosh guys, you will never believe what i have found.

Y'no how the number to call the ministry of magic in harry potter is 62442? Which spells magic on a mobile phone? Well go onto J.k Rowling's website and type that into the picture of the phone :D

(I know you wont believe me, but i totally found this all by myself, its probably common knowledge now tho)

Rivendell
06-06-10, 11:49
^ Yeah, that was an old one, back before Deathly Hallows was even in print!

Check out the pics of the props/books from the film (http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/3550) - they look ace!

:cln:

touchthesky
06-06-10, 11:51
I want to re-read the entire series but I hate the third one so much thats how far I always get before giving up.

Ada the Mental
06-06-10, 11:53
*Changed cuz someone was moaning*

Looool!

More here:

http://www.mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_location=/movie7/dracofront.jpg

What is this i don't even....

They are embarrassing. :vlol:

ShadyCroft
06-06-10, 11:58
I want to re-read the entire series but I hate the third one so much thats how far I always get before giving up.

:eek:

I love the 3rd book ! Just everything about it is amazing ! I love Lupin, love the chapters in the shrieking shack, how everything tied up, and loved all the things that happen.

touchthesky
06-06-10, 12:02

They are embarassing. :vlol:

OMFG.

OMFG

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAAAA

:vlol::vlol::vlol:

trXD
06-06-10, 12:21

OMFG.

OMFG

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAAAA

I don't get it?

touchthesky
06-06-10, 12:22
Lol wait til you've read the entire series and you can join us in our laughter.

Shark_Blade
06-06-10, 12:44
Is that Malfoy in the Death Hallows' epilogue? LMAO Harry and the others must look like **** as well. :vlol: Cant wait.

Dream_Raider
06-06-10, 14:05
OMG @ that picture!!!!!!!!!! *rotfl*

Glaçon
06-06-10, 14:18
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vlol:

msalpha2omega
06-06-10, 16:08

OMG that's so weird! :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 08:50
The MTV exclusive sneak peak was amazing, I can't wait for it. I would post one I found on youtube but the quality is blurry and you can't see anything. :/

tidusffxwakka
07-06-10, 10:27
what was shown?

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 10:31
Found a good copy! :D

y1eHEKP1Zbs

When I saw it the first time I got chills and a little teary, this looks exactly like how I imagined. :o

EDIT: HD Copy:

G4JcQwshmDc

Nenya awakens
07-06-10, 10:34
Looks amazing, I'm so excited to see this! :eek:

msalpha2omega
07-06-10, 10:37
WOW this is great! Thanks for sharing! :hug:

I got the chills too, this seems perfect! And Emma... :cln: On every new film I think she can't get any prettier, but she obviously can!

tidusffxwakka
07-06-10, 10:39
tht was cool cant wait for this to be released

tonyme
07-06-10, 10:39
It looks good, we don't see much of Hogwarts in the preview though :/

Nemo_91
07-06-10, 10:40
It looks really good :tmb:

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 10:40
It looks good, we don't see much of Hogwarts in the preview though :/

Well that's because the first half of the book isn't set in Hogwarts. That's not until the Deathly Hallows Part II.

tonyme
07-06-10, 10:42
Well that's because the first half of the book isn't set in Hogwarts. That's not until the Deathly Hallows Part II.

Oh, I see! I'm gonna miss Hogwarts, it won't be the same without it! (#7 is the only book I didn't read so it will be interesting to watch a HP movie without knowing what happens!)

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 10:44
Deathly Hallows is my second favorite book, you should definitely give it a read. :tmb:

I am going to re-read it before the film is out. :D

Rivendell
07-06-10, 10:45
Ohmygod! *Shivers* :D

Edit: Who's the guy stopping the Hogwarts Express? :confused:

tonyme
07-06-10, 10:46
Deathly Hallows is my second favorite book, you should definitely give it a read. :tmb:

I am going to re-read it before the film is out. :D

I will definitely give it a try!:tmb:

msalpha2omega
07-06-10, 10:48
I'm posting the most important screenshots in afew minutes, so that we can discuss in a better way. Just wait a bit!

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 10:48
Ohmygod! *Shivers* :D

Edit: Who's the guy stopping the Hogwarts Express? :confused:

I actually don't know, I tried to remember something like that from the book but couldn't. It could just be a normal death eater?

tonyme
07-06-10, 10:53
How come there's a Hogwarts Express part if they won't go to school?:confused:

tidusffxwakka
07-06-10, 11:00
its probably to do with the search for harry, in the book they check peoples heritage etc and harry is meant to be at school they are probably checking he didnt sneak on or something to do with ginny,neville etc to give them some more screentime

tonyme
07-06-10, 11:01
^ Seems logical

Rivendell
07-06-10, 11:01
I wonder if they'll show cut-away clips of what's going on at Hogwarts? How the DE's are taking over teaching positions, how Snape is living it up as Headmaster.

I .. actually wouldn't mind seeing that. It's not as though it 'wasn't' in the books - it was something that happened, after all.. :pi:

tonyme
07-06-10, 11:02
I wonder if they'll show cut-away clips of what's going on at Hogwarts? How the DE's are taking over teaching positions, how Snape is living it up as Headmaster.

I .. actually wouldn't mind seeing that. It's not as though it 'wasn't' in the books - it was something that happened, after all.. :pi:

I think it will be included, after all, for those who haven't read the book, we need to know what's going on in Hogwarts at the same time

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 11:04
its probably to do with the search for harry, in the book they check peoples heritage etc and harry is meant to be at school they are probably checking he didnt sneak on or something to do with ginny,neville etc to give them some more screentime
I was thinking that as well, but I couldn't remember if they searched for Harry in the book or if I made it up in my head. :p

I would definitely like to see all that. :tmb:

I am hoping since they are splitting it into two films, they will be able to get through it without cutting anything. I don't want them butchering my second favorite book. :pi:

tonyme
07-06-10, 11:05
Nate, what's your favorite book?

Mine is 'Prisoner Of Azkaban' , too bad it's my least favorite movie!:( They butchered it, they just butchered it!

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 11:07
Well Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book, favorite movie, and favorite game. :p

Nemo_91
07-06-10, 11:07
Mine is 'Prisoner Of Azkaban' , too bad it's my least favorite movie!:( They butchered it, they just butchered it!

That's my favourite movie!

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 11:08
That's my favourite movie!

*high-fives*

tonyme
07-06-10, 11:08
My favorite movie is "Chamber Of Secrets"

<33333

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 11:09
That's my second least favorite! :p

tonyme
07-06-10, 11:11
That's my second least favorite! :p

:smk:

tidusffxwakka
07-06-10, 11:11
I was thinking that as well, but I couldn't remember if they searched for Harry in the book or if I made it up in my head. :p

I would definitely like to see all that. :tmb:

I am hoping since they are splitting it into two films, they will be able to get through it without cutting anything. I don't want them butchering my second favorite book. :pi:

i cant remember if they specifically checked the train for harry, but it would have made sense if they did at least check it lol im thinking hogwarts will be in the film as they wont really have much need for neville and co til the second film else, but i would hate to see too much neville, the way jkr introduced him in the second half was great.

Nemo_91
07-06-10, 11:13
From my favourite to least favourite:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Half Blood Prince
3. Order of the Phoenix
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Philosophers Stone
6. Chamber of Secrets

msalpha2omega
07-06-10, 11:14
Screenshot commentary in white text for those that haven't read the books and don't want to know what they mean.

http://imgur.com/7X6lv.png
Obviously berofe Hedwig's death, Harry is probably sending a letter.
http://imgur.com/Hr69N.png
Classic. They walk and talk.
http://imgur.com/sg2ZH.png
Voldemort closeup.
http://imgur.com/Z2s4g.png
Unknown man attacks Hogwarts express.
http://imgur.com/1XUaT.png
Olivander.
http://imgur.com/jFlEW.png
After Ron's accident in Ministry of Magic, Hermione is setting up the camouflage spells.
http://imgur.com/XEAFO.png
This obviously takes place in Hogwarts (see kids in background).
http://imgur.com/k8Hkq.png
Dobbie's grave.
http://imgur.com/v4tcZ.png
Harry's "death"? Not sure what this is.
http://imgur.com/O7RKw.png
When Death Eaters attacked them in the cafe.
http://imgur.com/VDelu.jpg
The fight.
http://imgur.com/h3Rye.png
Ron destroys the medallion.
http://imgur.com/s5MsV.png
The dragon that helps them escape Gringots.
http://imgur.com/WItB5.png
Protection spells infiltrated? (thanks Rai)
http://imgur.com/KSlFy.png
Clip ends with big chasing scene.

1. Sorry if I made any grammar mistakes, I read the books in Greek.
2. Sorry that some of the pics are blurry.
3. Sorry for the huge post. :o
4. If I missed anything out, feel free to post your screens.

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 11:17
^Awesome, thanks for those. :tmb:

Books:

Prisoner of Azkaban
Deathly Hallows
Half Blood Prince
Order of the Pheonix
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Goblet of Fire

Films:

PoA
HBP
OotP
SS
CoS
GoF

Games:

PoA
OotP
SS
CoS
GoF
Quidditch World Cup

I haven't played the HBP game. :p

tonyme
07-06-10, 11:18
Weirdly, Voldemort looks less scary:pi:

Thanks for the screens!:)

Rivendell
07-06-10, 11:28
I could always go for a good whinge about how Voldemort looks!

Voldyfail. He looks too young, he doesn't look nearly skeletal or serpentesque enough, his eyes are wrong, and he looks like he's wearing some sort of silk nighty.
It annoys the heck out of me!

msalpha2omega
07-06-10, 11:29
He certainly looks more human, on the contrary of the books, which describe him to look more snakey and creepy as time passes by...

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 11:31

Voldyfail. He looks too young, he doesn't look nearly skeletal or serpentesque enough, his eyes are wrong, and he looks like he's wearing some sort of silk nighty.

Yes exactly! That's always bugged me. :/

tidusffxwakka
07-06-10, 11:46

couldnt have said it better

its my reasons for hating voldy in the movie
lmao @voldyfail

Rai
07-06-10, 11:58
Thank you Msalpha2Omega for those screens. Very impressed by how closely this film looks to be following the book. The second from last screen, that looks to me as if the trio's protection spells are being broken/infiltrated somehow.

Voldemort doesn't look as snake-like as he is described in the books, but I still like Ralph Fiennes' portrayal, it kind of makes up for it.

Edit: I didn't realise there was a preview :eek:. I relly should check further back in a thread :p. It looks amaing!

I'm re-reading DH now.

msalpha2omega
07-06-10, 12:05
^ Thanks Rai, I edited it!

Ada the Mental
07-06-10, 12:49
The preview looks amazing! :jmp: It makes me want to read the books again.

I definitely hope so. That's one of the problems of the final book, imo. All the things that happened off-page sounded so interesting. The curse of the books being limited to Harry's PoV, I guess.

trXD
07-06-10, 18:46
Voldermort in the movie's is just a human with no nose.

Just read chapter twenty-eight of Order of the Phoenix, 'Snape's worst memory'. Wow, James potter is absolutely horrible! That's a shame, he was so much more likeable when he was a mysterious dead guy with no personality.

touchthesky
07-06-10, 19:44
My fav books:

Half Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Philosophers Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Order Of The Pheonix
Prisoner of Azkaban

Films:
Half Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Chamber of Secrets
Philosophers Stone
Order of The Pheonix
Prisoner of Azkaban

Fav part in any movie everrr? When you see little baby Voldie. N'aww.

peeves
07-06-10, 19:47
Is that dragon in the picture supposed to be the blind dragon harry ron and hermione ride away from gringotts?

Lara Fan 4Life
07-06-10, 19:47
^ :eek: POA film and book your least favourite? :ohn:

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 19:48
^ :eek: POA film and book your least favourite? :ohn:

I know right?!

peeves
07-06-10, 19:50
Here's my favorite to least favorite Potter films:
1.Goblet of Fire
2.Order of the Phoenix
3.Half-Blood Prince
4.Chamber of Secrets
5.Prisoner of Azkaban
6.Sorcerer's Stone

touchthesky
07-06-10, 19:52
I know right?!

Yeah! Ew bad film/book :(

Hermione smacks Draco. 'Nuff said. Silly cow :p

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 19:53

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/44/umnoc.gif

:(

]{eith
07-06-10, 20:02

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/Francobyrne/Gifs/lolwut.gif

msalpha2omega
07-06-10, 20:03
Books:
This is frustrating. I can't put the books in an order. I only know that my least favourite is Chamber of secrets.

Movies (from fav to least fav):
GoF
PoA
OoP
PS
HBP
CoS

@Peeves. Yes, in the post with the pics there's also some white text. There's no other dragon in DH, so that's probably the blind one.

Hyper_Crazy
07-06-10, 20:12
I've only read GoF - DH so I can't really list the books.
For the movies tho:

PoA
HBP
PS
OoTP
CoS
GoF

Goblet of Fire was just a disgraceful film in my opinion, the pace of the film was all wrong, also too much was cut from the book, but I guess that's happened quite a lot with the films. :/
Prisoner of Azkaban on the other hand I love so much. I love how they changed Hogwarts and how the characters had started to grow up and how their acting had improved over the last two films. The soundtrack is amazing as well

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 20:13
Goblet of Fire was just a disgraceful film in my opinion, the pace of the film was all wrong, also too much was cut from the book, but I guess that's happened quite a lot with the films. :/
Prisoner of Azkaban on the other hand I love so much. I love how they changed Hogwarts and how the characters had started to grow up and how their acting had improved over the last two films. The soundtrack is amazing as well

That's exactly how I felt about those two films. :tmb:

Hyper_Crazy
07-06-10, 20:15
That's exactly how I felt about those two films. :tmb:

:D
I do have many other reasons but I can't be asked to list, I tend to rant haha.
They should have brought back Alfonso Cuarón, he did wonders with Harry Potter imo.

lara c. fan
07-06-10, 20:16
My main gripe with POA film is that Harry gets the Firebolt at the end, instead of the middle. It's the biggest reordering I've seen in it :/

Carbonek_0051
07-06-10, 20:16
I do have many other reasons but I can't be asked to list, I tend to rant haha.
They should have brought back Alfonso Cuarón, he did wonders with Harry Potter imo.

Yes! I was so hoping they would bring him back for Deathly Hallows. While reading the book I felt like he was the only one who would be able to do it justice.

peeves
07-06-10, 20:20
Well i didn't really like the first 3 potter movies because of columbus pictures did a crappy job IMO and even though Half-Blood Prince didn't have columbus pictures in it only parts of it i liked not the whole of it like i did with Goblet and Phoenix or shall i say most of it. And Deathly Hallows will probably turn out to be what i like.

Hyper_Crazy
08-06-10, 02:20
This is just the best soundtrack from Harry Potter ever.
pvR4X5OjsYk

Tonyrobinson
08-06-10, 02:24
Ugh,ugh! Window to the Past is the best. PERIOD. POA is the best film IMO and GOF the worst:(

touchthesky
08-06-10, 08:56
No way

GOF was 300 times better than that god awful 5th movie.

]{eith
08-06-10, 10:37
I can't wait!!!!
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/Francobyrne/Gifs/9h5svo.gif

Glaçon
08-06-10, 10:38
Well i didn't really like the first 3 potter movies because of columbus pictures did a crappy job IMO and even though Half-Blood Prince didn't have columbus pictures in it only parts of it i liked not the whole of it like i did with Goblet and Phoenix or shall i say most of it. And Deathly Hallows will probably turn out to be what i like.

For me, the Third movie was easily the best, followed by the 1st.

Nemo_91
08-06-10, 10:47
This is just the best soundtrack from Harry Potter ever.

Mischief Managed is my favourite song by far. It's epic :p

Tonyrobinson
08-06-10, 11:32
{eith;4659278']I can't wait!!!!

Hands down the funniest thing I've EVER seen :D

tidusffxwakka
08-06-10, 12:00
movies

cos
poa
ps
hbp
gof
ootp

books

cos/poa
gof
hpb
ps
ootp
dh

robm_2007
08-06-10, 12:35
Who are your 5 favorite HP characters?

mine are in order:

Severus Snape
Professor Umbridge
Hagrid
Dumbeldore
Dobby

i do really like HP as a character, but he's a given and doesnt need to be on my list. theres just too many brilliant characters in this series.

Tonyrobinson
08-06-10, 12:38
1. Ron (movie)
2. Voldemort (book)
3. Dumbledore (book)
4. Dementors (both)
5. Luna (both)

Carbonek_0051
08-06-10, 12:57
Snape
Hemione
Dumbledore
Voldemort
Harry

:)

tonyme
08-06-10, 13:01
Why all the Snape love?:p

1.Voldemort (book)
2.Hermione (both)
3.Dumbledore (book and first 2 movies)
4.McGonnagal (both) - donno why:p
5.Mrs Weasley (both)

Rivendell
08-06-10, 13:02
For me:

1. Voldemort
2. Bellatrix
3. Snape
4. Dumbledore
5. ...Possibly Kreacher (DH - when he goes mental at Mundungus and starts hitting him with a frying pan!)

Shark_Blade
08-06-10, 13:15
Mine are the same (books/movies)

1. Hermione
2. Dumbledore (Richard Harris)
3. Luna Lovegood
4. Snape.
5. Professor McGonnagal.

Rai
08-06-10, 13:18
Hmm, in no particular order:

Dobby
Bella
Lucius
Luna

From the book - Tonks
From the film - Baby thestral

oh and Trevor the toad

:p

Dream_Raider
08-06-10, 13:56
{eith;4659278']I can't wait!!!!

okay....fave 5 chars....
1)Fred and George(u cant have one without the other!!!!)
2)Ginny
3)Ron
4)Harry/Hermione
5)Trelawney...lol jkjk cant think of a fifth...Neville, I s'pose...but Tonks is awesome too(as you can see, I'm very indecisive)

peeves
08-06-10, 14:13
Here are my favorite characters:
1.Voldemort
2.Umbridge
3.Bellatrix
4.Harry
5.Dumbledore

Glaçon
08-06-10, 14:31
Hm....
1. Hermione (The "bird" scene and the "breakup" scene are amazing :D )
2. Bellatrix (especially after the movies, HBC <3)
3. Lupin
4. McGonagall
5. Ginny

There's so many more that I love though. :D

tidusffxwakka
08-06-10, 14:56
1. gred and forge
2. bellatrix and snape
3.neville
4. dobby/kreacher (both are equal in my book)
5. luna

im too undecisive

Lara Fan 4Life
08-06-10, 15:28

Definitely! :tmb:

My favourite movies -

POA
HBP
OOTP
GOF
COS
PS

I just find the first two movies, while really close to the book, extremely boring! :/

Favourite characters -

Luna (Book and Movie)
Hermione ( '' and '')
Bellatrix (Movie)
Dumbledore ( '' and '')
Snape (Movie)

Least favourite is Ginny, mostly because I dislike Bonnie who plays her in the movies! :p

msalpha2omega
08-06-10, 15:29
Least favourite is Ginny, mostly because I dislike Bonnie who plays her in the movies! :p

THANK YOU! It's a shame, because Ginny is a great character, and the actress ruins it.

Lara Fan 4Life
08-06-10, 15:32
^ Yep, I just find her so awkward in the movies, and I hate how Harry ended up with her (I wanted Harry to end up with Hermione or Luna! :p)!

msalpha2omega
08-06-10, 15:34
Not to mention she's UGLY!
http://www.harrymedia.com/img/data/media/29/Bonnie_Wright_410.jpg

Ew

Shark_Blade
08-06-10, 15:51
Ginny seems pointless in the movie. I don't know why the writers didn't gave her much dialogue, she seems witty and funny in the books.

Tonyrobinson
08-06-10, 17:32
Bonnie's acting is laughable if only they had snagged the girl from Dr. Who :vlol:

I'm ranking the books as this:

Half-Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Philosopher's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Deathly Hallows
Order of the Pheonix

You know I have to change my list of most loved characters. In Prisoner of Azkaban the movie it forced me to love the character of Lupin and Sirius. David Thewlis, Gary and Daniel give the movie well needed warmth in their scenes. Oh and whoever cast the Trunchbull as Marge is a genius!

I really love the third movie and only hope that the next two will be as good as them :D

AmericanAssassin
08-06-10, 17:34
^ OOTP last?! :eek: It's, by a mile, my favorite book in the series. :mis:

Tonyrobinson
08-06-10, 17:38
Don't get me wrong it's one of the better films. Goblet of Fire is high up in the books but last on my film list. When I read Ootp I got extremely bored as it seemed to be all about Government and Exams :vlol:

So I got back to it after about 3 months of putting it down at the time :vlol:

AmericanAssassin
08-06-10, 17:40
I would rank the books like this. :D

1. Order of the Phoenix
2. Half-Blood Prince
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Sorcerer's Stone
5. Goblet of Fire
6. Chamber of Secrets
7. Deathly Hallows

Tonyrobinson
08-06-10, 17:43
I am re-reading them as of late. I don't understand why Quirrel doesn't count as a Horcrux?

lara c. fan
08-06-10, 17:57
I am re-reading them as of late. I don't understand why Quirrel doesn't count as a Horcrux?

Voldemort possessed him, he didn't leave some of his soul inside Quirrel.

Aranara
08-06-10, 18:13
I'm rereading the first book. Oh the memories...

Rivendell
08-06-10, 20:49
[Shameless self promotion]

I drew Nurmengard (http://illucifer.deviantart.com/art/Nurmengard-166947054), Grindelwald's prison in DH, today! :D

[/me]

Carbonek_0051
08-06-10, 20:51

I drew Nurmengard (http://illucifer.deviantart.com/art/Nurmengard-166947054), Grindelwald's prison in DH, today! :D

[/me]

I like the style and colors of that a lot Chris. :D

ShadyCroft
08-06-10, 21:28
its beautiful, Chris ! :tmb:

touchthesky
08-06-10, 21:43
Bonnie's acting is laughable if only they had snagged the girl from Dr. Who :vlol:

Yeah! That coulda worked. But she'd have been a bit old, eh?

tonyme
08-06-10, 21:54
I LOVE it, Chris!:tmb::)

robm_2007
08-06-10, 22:27
Books:

POA
DH
GOF
HBP
OOTP
COS
SS

Films:

POA
HBP
SS
COS
OOTP
GOF

Tonyrobinson
08-06-10, 23:50
Yeah! That coulda worked. But she'd have been a bit old, eh?

She's no older than the rest of them actually :D

She's 22 like Tom Felton :)

trXD
09-06-10, 00:23
Just finished reading Order of the Phoenix.

Oh my god, those last hundred pages were brilliant! I honestly read for 6 looong chapters straight.

I cant believe Sirius died, i mean whats next? Hagrid?

Really love this book, some very impacting scenes. Harry screaming at Dumbledore is a personal favourite of mine.

msalpha2omega
09-06-10, 05:13

[/me]

That's awesome! :tmb:

Tonyrobinson
09-06-10, 10:51
Just finished reading Order of the Phoenix.

Oh my god, those last hundred pages were brilliant! I honestly read for 6 looong chapters straight.

I cant believe Sirius died, i mean whats next? Hagrid?

Really love this book, some very impacting scenes. Harry screaming at Dumbledore is a personal favourite of mine.

There's one spoiler everyone loves to scream reguarding the HBP.

******************* KILLS ********************!

the ancient
09-06-10, 12:41
I love HP
Belatrix is my favorite and she is quit hot :)

msalpha2omega
09-06-10, 12:52
Yes! Helena Bonham Carter was perfect for Bellatrix! :cln: She's just like I imagined Bellatrix!

trXD
09-06-10, 15:20
There's one spoiler everyone loves to scream reguarding the HBP.

******************* KILLS ********************!

Oh please, as if I dont know that already, how could I be on the internet and not know that? :p

Rai
09-06-10, 15:28
Does anyone else hear the actor's voices when the character they portray speak in the books? Or imagine them as if in the film, even if you haven't see the film yet such as Deathly Hallows? I do. I was re-reading The Silver Doe last night and I was seeing it in my minds eye as I imagine it would look in the film. I don't know if seeing the images from DH1 helped that along or not. Does it infringe on your own imagination? I mean before the films were made, everything was left to the imagination, whereas now, I find even scenes that aren't in the films, I still 'see' them with Dan, Emma and Rupert, Jason Helena etc.

trXD
09-06-10, 15:34
Does anyone else hear the actor's voices when the character they portray speak in the books? Or imagine them as if in the film, even if you haven't see the film yet such as Deathly Hallows? I do. I was re-reading The Silver Doe last night and I was seeing it in my minds eye as I imagine it would look in the film. I don't know if seeing the images from DH1 helped that along or not. Does it infringe on your own imagination? I mean before the films were made, everything was left to the imagination, whereas now, I find even scenes that aren't in the films, I still 'see' them with Dan, Emma and Rupert, Jason Helena etc.

I see the actors, but as I haven't seen any movies past chamber of secrets then i use my imagination for scenes. (I know what they look like when they are older though, so i'm not imagining a 12 year old in Order of the Phoenix).

I wouldn't say it infringes on your imagination. In the HP books, every character, and location is described in detail. So its hard to use your imagination anyway, reading HP isn't about that, its all Rowling's imagination.

Ada the Mental
09-06-10, 15:57
Nah. I had already read the books many times before watching the movies so I had very clear images of most of the characters in my head. The only ones matching the images in my head are McGonagal, Hagrid and maybe Snape (whom I imagine as a hybrid of book!Snape and Alan Rickman).

robm_2007
09-06-10, 16:50

yes and no. I still imagine HP to look like the HP depicted in the book's art, and i hear him not how Dan Radcliffe speaks, but the voice i first gave him.

But I hear and see Hagrid, McGonaggal, Dumbledore (Michael Gambon version), Snape, the Dursley's and Hermione and the Weasleys, as the movie characters; but that mostly because they were casted and costumed almost exaclty as i imagined them to look.

Professor Umbridge i see completley different, i kinda see my old English teacher, because she reminded me so much of her. The Imelda Staunton version of Umbridge seems too young and chipper to me. i imagined her to have mostly greying hair, look about 60 years old, where less Pink and colored clothing, and be much crueler than her film depiction.

but as for locations, like Hogwarts, my imagination version was much worse; mostly cuz TV and VGs have kinda ruined my imagination:D (althogh, thats nothing to smile about :pi: ).
i found that when i would re-read a book, certain areas, like the main entrance/foyer area of the school would look one way as i imagined it in CoS and i would see it differnet when reading OOTP; which makes no sense. so then those two visions of Hogwarts become sort of messy hybrid when i would read the books.

so sometimes i have to look at a certain scene of the movie to give myself an idea of how it would looks, becuase i like knowing what the Hogwarts castle looks like in the film, much more than the confused version i envisoned.

msalpha2omega
09-06-10, 18:40
Does anyone else hear the actor's voices when the character they portray speak in the books?

Yes. But that's because I saw the first film and THEN read the books. For most of them anyway... The only one left as was formed in my imagination is Lupin.

I remember when I was reading Goblet of Fire I was picturing Harry as Daniel was in the first movie! But after a while I was thinking "That's too young" and trying to picture him in an older version. But after a few pages the small kid was coming back in my mind.

ShadyCroft
09-06-10, 19:06
No, they sound and look the same as I imagined them the first time. :)

trXD
11-06-10, 15:02
Just finished reading the first four Chapters of Half-Blood Prince.

Reaaaallly boring, Chapter 2 was tolerable because of the whole Snape thing (i mean woah, never saw that one coming!), but other than that its just dragging. I realise that this will probably be a big book events-wise and it needs time to set up, but its hard to justify 4 consecutively dull chapters.

Is it going to be like this the whole way through?

I hope their is no need to express my undieing love for the series as a whole, its bloody brilliant!

On a positive note, I squealed with delight when i saw that each book comes with a pic of Rowling! :D I can add that to my portfolio (kidding).

Rivendell
11-06-10, 15:24
^ It's the best one. ;) Providing you like Voldemort. The film isn't a patch on the book, which goes on to explain so, so much of the Dark Lord's past.

Glaçon
11-06-10, 15:27
^ No way! Deathly Hallows is the crowning Jewel! :D

trXD
11-06-10, 15:30
A backstory on Voldermort is what I have been longing for for ages! :D Is it more of the same old stuff we already know? Or new information like on his childhood and such?

Anyway im reading Chapter 5, perhaps I shouldn't have judged so quickly, as this one is a good read. I am just so in love with the Weasley family, and for some reason i really like Fleur, she just seems to make any scene more interesting.

Rivendell
11-06-10, 15:39
Childhood, teenage years, young adult years.. Believe me, it gets better and better and better. :tmb:

Carbonek_0051
11-06-10, 15:48
Might as well post this here too. :p

http://i49.************/n3uhkw.png

The first for some reason wasn't as good as I remembered, neither was the second. The scripts were really cliche and cheesy, and the castle and outfits looked a "cheap". However, I still feel like they are good films, but I remember why they are at the bottom of the list with GoF.

Prisoner of Azkaban reminded me exactly why it is my favorite film. It's beautifully shot, the script is extremely well written, and the acting was majorly improved. The whole feel of PoA was astounding, the atmosphere, look, and tone of it was dark and beautiful.

I am going to rewatch the other 3 later this weekend. :D

tranniversary119
11-06-10, 15:51
I have so many books on my "to read" list :p. After I'm done with my current book I'm moving on to The Deathly Hallows to read it a second time before it comes out. I love that book.

tidusffxwakka
11-06-10, 16:04
to me dh would have been a good book without all the needless deaths, i know its a warm but i mean spoiler hedwig? why couldnt she stay with the weasleys or someone in the order? or at least be set free for a year? (im an animal lover)

i didnt mind some of the deaths spoilers for ppl that havent read it (moody, lupin(i hated it but it reuinted the four), fred(or was it george? i knew she would kill a weasley))

but deaths like spoilers tonks, hedwig, bella (lol what im a fan!), the creevley guy, lupin, )

and the ending battle (come on spoiler expelliarmus) i wanted a proper fight/ a better spell than tht

trXD
11-06-10, 16:08
^ I dont mean to be rude, but you should modify your post. If im not mistaken, you just spoiled Hedwig's death for me.

"Set free for a year" "Im an animal lover" ?

Dream_Raider
11-06-10, 16:10
^ lol too bad u were clever enough to figure it out.....

SPOILER

I HATED that she killed Fred!!!

lara c. fan
11-06-10, 16:13
to me dh would have been a good book without all the needless deaths, i know its a warm but i mean spoiler why couldnt she stay with the weasleys or someone in the order? or at least be set free for a year? (im an animal lover)

i didnt mind some of the deaths spoilers for ppl that havent read it COLOR]

but deaths like spoilers [COLOR="White"
)

and the ending battle (come on spoiler

I think SPOILER Hedwig's death was to strike at something that Harry held close, as he had Hedwig since his first year. I think it was....Fred who's killed. The other deaths (Creevey's) could be highlighting the fact that ordinary people were being killed as well, and Creevey and also been following Harry around like the paparazzi since the second book. I agree with the ending battle, but I'm guessing it was done because we had come to recognize Expelliarmus as Harry's signature spell (It's even said by The Death Eaters in the book, it's how they recognize him when he tries to not kill Shunpike. Most of the deaths in general on the good side seem to be part of Harry's close friends, maybe to try and make people sympathize/empathize with Harry? End Spoiler.

tidusffxwakka
11-06-10, 16:19
^ I dont mean to be rude, but you should modify your post. If im not mistaken, you just spoiled death for me.

"Set free for a year" "Im an animal lover" ?

sorry didnt notice tht part when going through adding spoiler tags

lara c fan spoilers are easier to read when quoted perhaps edit ur post too.

thing is i got the feeling in the last battle harry never listened when they talked to him in the burrow at all, he would have been aiming to kill/maim by then i thought

Ada the Mental
11-06-10, 16:23
I still get FURIOUS every time I think about Remus and Tonks's deaths. Especially how JKR handled it. You just don't kill a major character (who has been there since book 3) off page. If she wanted to make a point about how abrupt death can be...Well, we got it with Sirius. And Moody. And Hedwig.

About Fred...Before reading the book I was suspecting she might off one of the twins, but I figured they were safe once George got injured. How wrong I was. :(

Big spoilers. ^

Dream_Raider
11-06-10, 16:26
^ I wish u were wrong about the *SPOILER*twins....And about Remus and Tonks...Yeah, it was a big surprise, not knowing who killed them, I mean they were MAJOR characters...Just as important as Dumbledore who got an entire chapter devoted to his death....*SPOILER*

tidusffxwakka
11-06-10, 16:26
i wished she would bulk out the book more, like you say i hated tht part ada, why in offscreenville? at least she could have swapped to ginny/ron/hermy/anyone to show the death as well as bulking outsome of the other characters at the time, i know its not her style, but atleast show us such an important death

this is the reason why i dislike book seven compared to the others. At parts i felt she got fed up with the book series or pressure was applied to make more deaths or wanted to shock people too much. less is more is my motto

Carbonek_0051
11-06-10, 16:30
I honestly don't understand why people dislike DH so much, I loved every single second of it and thought it was flawless. It's my favorite book after Prisoner of Azkaban. :/

TombRaiderLover
11-06-10, 16:31
I honestly don't understand why people dislike DH so much, I loved every single second of it and thought it was flawless. It's my favorite book after Prisoner of Azkaban. :/

I thought the last three books were fantastic.

Dream_Raider
11-06-10, 16:32
Don't get me wrong, It's my favourite book, after OotP(It was no.1 yesterday, my fave changes everyday :p)....anyway, I just think it could've been even better!

Carbonek_0051
11-06-10, 16:35
I thought the last three books were fantastic.

As did I, I felt like the last 3 books and PoA were her strongest stories.

Rivendell
11-06-10, 16:35
If she wanted to make a point about how abrupt death can be...Well, we got it with ...

To me, that wasn't what she was going for with their deaths. The way I see it, they represented the fact that you don't see all the casualties of war. That because war is so merciless, it can knock off just anyone, in the most heartless way without us knowing. I think she deliberately went for important deaths we didn't see happen to express that point.

:) ... :(

Ada the Mental
11-06-10, 16:38
I loved certain parts but hated others. And there was excessive use of contrived coincidences and deus-ex-machinas, more than any previous book.

I don't hate the epilogue (I don't like it either), but I can definitey see why the whole internet does. :p

Dream_Raider
11-06-10, 16:41
@ Rivendell: :( I suppose you're right....:P I loved the Gringotts break-in and the awesome dragon ride out of it....but one of the best parts was when Harry, Ron and Hermione return to Hogwarts and we get a look at the new Neville :D He's awesome! Who here supports Snape/Lily? It's a bit weird, imo

touchthesky
11-06-10, 17:38
Am gonna re-read the series agian at some point..I need to get past 3 though..I hate it so much.

ShadyCroft
11-06-10, 18:22
The whole Lily/Snape relationship wasn't surprising at all for me. I got so addicted to fanfics after the first few Harry Potter books and roleplaying I came across so many fanfics about a Lily and Snape love story. This is one of the reasons why its not my favourite ( I love it thought, don't get me wrong :)) because a lot of the stuff in it I've already heard of from fanfics, also the part about Harry being a Horcrux, yeah I did think sometimes that JKR got fed up and rushed in some parts.
or maybe came across those fanfics and got inspired from them ? :confused: hmm

As for HBP, I hated very much the random hookups and romance stuff, felt they were really random and JRK just put them there for fillers.
The most important part for me in the HBP is the Voldemort history, and I have to say JKR did a fantastic job with it and the way she tied everything to past events...it showed a magnificent skill she has in stories and she really had a great story going on.
I really though the HBP was supposed to be about Voldemort's past and the Horcruxes and she threw in the Hermion/Ron/Lavinder/Romilda/Harry/McClaggen ARGH!! :hea: romance stuff as fillers

robm_2007
11-06-10, 18:29
Do you guys really think that a giant war of epic proportions isnt gonna result in numerous deaths on both sides? the Death Eaters, while evil, are quite deadly and can deal out quite a bit of casualties.

Lupin's and Tonk's deaths were supposed to be a surprise; thats why she didnt lead up to it; you simply find out that they died. she described the scene of how Dumbledore died becuase he is the most important secondary character in the whole franchise, much more than Lupin or Tonks; his death is also the main event of HBP; excluding the Horcrux story. Hedwig's death wasnt really neccessary, but it wasnt unnecessary. JK Rowling has a knack for killing many of those who Harry is closest to.

i like when things that i dont want to happen in a story end up happening. if a story plays out exactly how you wanted it, then its not really a good story.

DH might be my favorite book ive ever read, but POA is slightly better.

Lara Fan 4Life
11-06-10, 18:29

Mine too! :tmb: I loved DH! :D Can't wait to read it again on the weeks heading up to the film's release! :jmp:

AmericanAssassin
11-06-10, 19:26

I found the first half boring and repetitive. Almost like half the chapters were just filler. That's why I didn't like it. :/

anniversarytr11
11-06-10, 19:45

I love it too :jmp:

tidusffxwakka
11-06-10, 19:50
parts i liked

spoilers!!

the seven harrys chapter minus hedwig death- its uniqueness
the wedding section as i like all parts with harry and weasley family
kreachers story- glad he turned good
kreacher vs the thief (mcdungus? havent read harry in a yr now)
harry and hermione @godric hollow
the lake patronus
malfoy manor - dobby death. i thought it would happen, as soon as harry said in book 2 never save my life again, i knew he would and die for it, and at the hands of a malfoy/relative (narcissa 1st bet draco 2nd, i lost..:))
rest of book-just before harry vs voldie fight (- irrelevant deaths she shouldnt have done imo)

trXD
12-06-10, 15:26
My second day of owning Half blood prince and I'm already on Page 259! :D

Loving Voldermorts back story, seems so sad, which is of course, perfectly fitting for the character.

(this book is going to get me through the world cup match at my dads house)

Nenya awakens
12-06-10, 15:35
As did I, I felt like the last 3 books and PoA were her strongest stories.

I agree, DH was an amazing book, It was exactly how I pictured to series to end, She got stronger with each book.

peeves
14-06-10, 23:49
In the DH book the dragon was black but how come they made the dragon white in the film?

Rai
15-06-10, 00:00
In the DH book the dragon was black but how come they made the dragon white in the film?

No, it doesn't say a colour, it just says the dragon's scales had turned pale by being underground for so long, it has milky eyes. I can't remember what it looks like on the American cover - wasn't the dragon shown on that cover? Maybe that's where you got the black from?

peeves
15-06-10, 00:06
No, it doesn't say a colour, it just says the dragon's scales had turned pale by being underground for so long, it has milky eyes. I can't remember what it looks like on the American cover - wasn't the dragon shown on that cover? Maybe that's where you got the black from?

I saw the black on a picture of a dragon from DH.

Rai
15-06-10, 01:28
I saw the black on a picture of a dragon from DH.

Yeah I think I know the one you mean, it does look dark/black. Maybe they're basing it mainly on the book description - which does say pale? I don't think it matters too much. I think the dragon looks great in the film pics.

Tonyrobinson
17-06-10, 01:48
http://www.grandopeningwebevent.com/

GRAND OPENING OF THE PARK LIVE EVENT!!! JOHN WILLIAMS CONDUCTING!!! POTTER STARS IN ATTENDENCE!!!!!!!!!!ONE111!!!!!!

Edit: Warick is Conducting Lol!

msalpha2omega
17-06-10, 08:51
In my opinion, HBP and DH where JKR's masterpieces. The way every little detail even from the first book is important and takes place in the two last ones took my breath away when I first read them. That's why I consider the whole book series a classic that will last through time, because you have to read them many many times to get the whole picture, and as for me, I never get fed up reading them.

The other thing I love about her books, is that EVERY single of the protagonists and the secondary characters are so unique and complete that each of them could easily have their own series of books. Their pasts, problems they encounter with their lives are all fascinating, and there are no plot holes.

JKR wins, and she's so talented I still can't believe it, 2 nad a half years after I completed reading the series.

peeves
17-06-10, 14:00
Does anyone know when the DH movie rating will be confirmed?

Rivendell
17-06-10, 15:15

Probably a while yet before they announce it. Fingers crossed DHpart2 gets a higher rating.. Though I think that's wishful thinking!

Ada the Mental
17-06-10, 17:37
Has anyone here read My Immortal (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/MyImmortal)? :D

Tonyrobinson
17-06-10, 17:46

Normally the UK have it around 2-3 weeks before release. I'm not sure about the MPAA though. I guess we will only know when it is out of Post Production stage ;)

I'd like realistically a solid Dark Knight 12A which should really have passed as 15 but due to the popularity it was 12A. The same applies for the US it should have passed as an R but got a strong PG-13 :D

peeves
17-06-10, 22:47
Probably a while yet before they announce it. Fingers crossed DHpart2 gets a higher rating.. Though I think that's wishful thinking!

Like how many months more from now before it's announced? No more than 2 would be my guess. I hope they announce it right after my 20th birthday before september starts.

silver_wolf
23-06-10, 21:28
For some lulz:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/HP_and_the_half_fresh_prince_by_IZR.jpg

touchthesky
23-06-10, 22:32
Thats rude!

Tonyrobinson
23-06-10, 23:35
Ya'll now the trailers out on Monday for PART 1. So yes it will be a new trailer :D

xXhayleyroxXx
23-06-10, 23:39
In my opinion, HBP and DH where JKR's masterpieces. The way every little detail even from the first book is important and takes place in the two last ones took my breath away when I first read them. That's why I consider the whole book series a classic that will last through time, because you have to read them many many times to get the whole picture, and as for me, I never get fed up reading them.

The other thing I love about her books, is that EVERY single of the protagonists and the secondary characters are so unique and complete that each of them could easily have their own series of books. Their pasts, problems they encounter with their lives are all fascinating, and there are no plot holes.

JKR wins, and she's so talented I still can't believe it, 2 nad a half years after I completed reading the series.

Agreed wholeheartedly :tmb:

silver_wolf
24-06-10, 00:09
Ya'll now the trailers out on Monday for PART 1. So yes it will be a new trailer :D
What?? When?? Where?!

peeves
24-06-10, 00:18
After certain time i guess Half-Blood Prince movie ain't so bad afterall. I still like GoF and OotP better though. So when can i hear Dobby's death music?

lcaddict
24-06-10, 13:41
I can't wait for Deathly Hallows!!!

I think Half-Blood Prince was the best. And the first one because..um, well, it was the first one :vlol:

Tonyrobinson
24-06-10, 13:47
What?? When?? Where?!

Where have you been!? :vlol:

Monday 28th June online, 30th of June in front of Eclipse :D

silver_wolf
24-06-10, 14:13
Oh. Cool!
Damn Twilight...

Lara's home
24-06-10, 14:26
For some lulz:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/cjvelg/HP_and_the_half_fresh_prince_by_IZR.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/cecigt/Oh_lawd.jpg

remote91
24-06-10, 14:44
http://i37.************/nnt8w9.jpg

silver_wolf
24-06-10, 15:26

Dream_Raider
24-06-10, 16:04
^ x10

:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::v lol::vlol:

Chocola teapot
24-06-10, 16:30
L M F A UPWARDS AND AWAY.

touchthesky
24-06-10, 16:50
Hrm.

7HTRLRvR4Lk

Lara's home
24-06-10, 17:39
Looks pretty cheesy.
Though I am as pessimistic as can be about Harry Potter, after torturing myself through that dreadful piece-of-crap HBP.

trXD
24-06-10, 17:57
Looks pretty cheesy.
Though I am as pessimistic as can be about Harry Potter, after torturing myself through that dreadful piece-of-crap HBP.
*high-fives*

I had to read 600 pages of that troll.

Luckily Deathly Hallows seems to be much better (reading it now) :D

Lara's home
24-06-10, 17:59
^Sorry to disappoint you.
I ment the film. I actually loved the book. :p
What was wrong with HBP?

touchthesky
24-06-10, 18:02
HBP is my favourite book.

i always get slammed when i reveal my least favourite lmao.

trXD
24-06-10, 18:06
^Sorry to disappoint you.
I ment the film. I actually loved the book. :p
What was wrong with HBP?
Are you kidding me? Its the most boring thing ever written! Harry spent the whole book trying and continuously failing to find out mysteries, and the end was the only part where something interseting happened.

Dont get me started on the romance, it was so rushed and unnatural. I wish i could have seen the look on my face when it read "Everyone was cheering, the room was full of applause! Ginny smiled and ran towards harry smiling, and then harry, without realising, kissed her!" WHAT THE **** IS THAT? Thats how a well-written relationship starts? A completley non-sensicle random act?

Hermione and ron is just weird, after being friends for 6 years, i mean seriously, how messed up is that? Have they always felt this way, have they really been so scared of their feelings that they have kept them bottled up for so rediculously long?!?

Lara's home
24-06-10, 18:11
I agree with Harry and Ginny. That was just awful.
But there has always been a spark between Ron adn Hermoine, imo. They were acting like many teenagers do when they are in love. You know, not confessing before the other confesses first. :p I think it was obvious after the fourth book.
And the films also showed this. In the second movie, at the end, when Hermoine runs and hugs Harry, but gives a formal handshake with Ron?

trXD
24-06-10, 18:15
I agree with Harry and Ginny. That was just awful.
But there has always been a spark between Ron adn Hermoine, imo. They were acting like many teenagers do when they are in love. You know, not confessing before the other confesses first. :p I think it was obvious after the fourth book.
And the films also showed this. In the second movie, at the end, when Hermoine runs and hugs Harry, but gives a formal handshake with Ron?
Yeah i have seen that clip. Im not denying that ron and hermione always had something, im just questioning the realism of it all. I mean... five years! If there is something between people for that long, their is bound to be some sort of incident, whether its them getting together or otherwise.

Tonyrobinson
24-06-10, 18:25
But you see you did say OOTP was one of your favourite HP books which I regard as highly uninteresting and rather crap and boring so it shows that different people prefere different story types. Your more suited to the more political/realistic emotional books whereas other people are not which shows just how great an author JK Rowling is as she portrays books adaptions for different types of readers.... :)

trXD
24-06-10, 18:39
My favourite is actually Goblet of Fire, after thinking long and hard about it a couple weeks ago :D

I think your mostly right. But i honestly believe that straying from realism for the sake of one plot point is messy and not just a different technique.

If the whole series was silly and light-hearted then the out-of-nowhere two romances spawning at the same time would seem to fit.