PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

peeves
07-09-10, 21:02
Peeves have you even read the Harry Potter books? :p You seem to base your facts/opinions on the series on the movies rather than the books.

Well I'm not used to reading books especially really long ones so that's why i based my opinions on the movies instead.

scoopy_loopy
08-09-10, 03:18
Fail.

The movies aren't even canon.

ShadyCroft
08-09-10, 06:26
^true dat sista ! :ohn:

Shark_Blade
08-09-10, 11:15
Well I'm not used to reading books especially really long ones so that's why i based my opinions on the movies instead.Try reading one, it is much more interesting and stimulating than movies or video games could ever achieve. It is the source material, so of course it's the most superior medium of all.

And for people who thinks JK Rowling is a satanist. Honestly, don't you read? Google, wiki or something. But meh, mostly those people don't even read her books, let alone google about her. Seriously, why judge something you don't understand fully?

And I'm not pointing anyone, I'm just talking in general. Sometimes I read on newspaper this sort of nonsense and it's all a load of tosh.

scoopy_loopy
08-09-10, 12:03
Try reading one, it is much more interesting and stimulating than movies or video games could ever achieve. It is the source material, so of course it's the most superior medium of all.

And for people who thinks JK Rowling is a satanist. Honestly, don't you read? Google, wiki or something. But meh, mostly those people don't even read her books, let alone google about her. Seriously, why judge something you don't understand fully?

And I'm not pointing anyone, I'm just talking in general. Sometimes I read on newspaper this sort of nonsense and it's all a load of tosh.

I've never read a report about J.K being a Satanist... only reports on Church groups claiming that. Pathetic, really.

Shark_Blade
08-09-10, 12:19
Yes I read that as well. This one mother claimed JK was satanic judging from her books about witches and wizards. Then she claimed she never read one herself. Epic fail really.

xcrushterx
08-09-10, 15:42
Wasn't Harry Potter recently granted the Pope's 'approval'? :p

peeves
09-09-10, 14:25
I do agree the books are better than the movies well only the last 4 ones though. Sometimes when i read parts of GoF, OotP, HBP, and DH they add a suspenseful tone more than the movies do. so the older films are in red and the newer/darker in blue.
1.Sorcerer's Stone
2.Chamber of Secrets
3.Prisoner of Azkaban
4.Goblet of Fire
5.Order of the Phoenix
6.Half-Blood Prince
7.Deathly Hallows

xcrushterx
09-09-10, 15:25
Normally I'm all "Well everyone has a different opinion", but tbh I don't even think whether the books are better than the movies is debatable :p

Dream_Raider
09-09-10, 16:31
Fail.

The movies aren't even canon.
SO True!!!!!!!!!!!

^true dat sista ! :ohn:
:D I lol'ed.

I've not even watched the movies that religiously.....I've seen each movie once, and the first two multiple times, Richard Harris <3 He is so much more awesome than Michael Gambon....although Gamby is growing on me...dunno why :p

Rai
09-09-10, 17:10
SO True!!!!!!!!!!!

I've not even watched the movies that religiously.....I've seen each movie once, and the first two multiple times, Richard Harris <3 He is so much more awesome than Michael Gambon....although Gamby is growing on me...dunno why :p

This is how I see the two actors' portrayal of Dumbledore: Richard Harris had that calm grand-fatherly aura about him, while Gambon has an air of power. Gambon was a little over the top with his anger in GoF, but he's calmed down since then. I don't know Richard Harris's acting style much so it is hard to judge how he would have done in a scene facing Voldemort. Gambon was brilliant in that situation, imo. If only we could have a morphed Harris/Gambon style dumbledore, then he would have been perfect. It would have been better image wise to keep his look consistant. Hard to do with two different actors, but that is what make-up and wigs are for :p. Actually DD in HBP was much more in line with my imagined DD and more impressive looking.

If only the film had followed the book more closely for the astromony tower scene. :(

Ada the Mental
09-09-10, 17:20
This is how I see the two actors' portrayal of Dumbledore: Richard Harris had that calm grand-fatherly aura about him, while Gambon has an air of power. Gambon was a little over the top with his anger in GoF, but he's calmed down since then. I don't know Richard Harris's acting style much so it is hard to judge how he would have done in a scene facing Voldemort. Gambon was brilliant in that situation, imo. If only we could have a morphed Harris/Gambon style dumbledore, then he would have been perfect. It would have been better image wise to keep his look consistant. Hard to do with two different actors, but that is what make-up and wigs are for :p. Actually DD in HBP was much more in line with my imagined DD and more impressive looking.

If only the film had followed the book more closely for the astromony tower scene. :(
I completely agree.
I only didn't like Gambon in GoF (because of those out-of-character rage outbursts) and I'd blame that on the director rather than the actor.

Rai
09-09-10, 17:57
I completely agree.
I only didn't like Gambon in GoF (because of those out-of-character rage outbursts) and I'd blame that on the director rather than the actor.

Yes, I agree, Michael Gambon would have to adhere to the director's instructions, ultimately.

peeves
09-09-10, 20:17
SO True!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree.

Yes, I agree, Michael Gambon would have to adhere to the director's instructions, ultimately.

Well i like Michael Gambon Dumbledore better than the Richard Harris one only because the richard harris one didn't make me laugh that much. What michael gambon did in GoF to make me laugh was he yelled out SILENCE! when the students were complaining that they couldn't put their name in the Goblet and also when he yelled to harry did you put your name in da goblet da fire?! That made me laugh :vlol: And the reason why GoF is my favorite potter film was because of the tournament tasks, yule ball, music, dark action, etc.

Dream_Raider
10-09-10, 06:48
^ I know Gambon made me laugh when he held Harry by the neck and all....:vlol: clutching his skirt *ahem* robe and running around.

Harris was a far more wise-old-man type, he could've used a bit more eccentricity, I s'pose....(Gambon could've used a little less in GoF :vlol:)

I suppose the hugely out-of-character out burst in GoF was why I began to dislike him (even though it made me laugh :p)

Shark_Blade
10-09-10, 09:55
He was absolute bat**** crazy, pushing Harry and screaming at him at the top of his lungs. Even one of the trophies on display fell down to the floor!

But I think he absolutely nailed Dumbledore in Half Blood Prince. He was calm, intelligent, sympathethic and relateable. More realistic in a sense.

peeves
10-09-10, 20:34
So i saw a trailer a 30 second one from youtube. I'll put it here.
KE5PrDSDZxo EDIT at 26 seconds it looks like Dan cries.

Dingaling
10-09-10, 20:38
EDIT at 26 seconds it looks like Dan cries.

When is he not crying in the films?

peeves
10-09-10, 20:39
When is he not crying in the films?

He doesn't at all in the first 3.

xcrushterx
10-09-10, 20:43
He cries in the third.

I don't see why him crying is so significant? :confused:

peeves
10-09-10, 20:44
He cries in the third.

I don't see why him crying is so significant? :confused:

Uh he doesn't really cry in the 3rd under the cloak, he's just ****ed off about his belief that his godfather betraying his parents same applying to the 1st one where vernon throws his mail in the fire.

xcrushterx
10-09-10, 21:20
I would say he was definitely crying.

I don't get why it's such a big deal anyway?

touchthesky
10-09-10, 21:24
He is crying in the third one lol, you hear him sniffle.

It's like some of the worst acting ever but yeah, he's crying xD.

peeves
10-09-10, 21:28
I would say he was definitely crying.

I don't get why it's such a big deal anyway?

He is crying in the third one lol, you hear him sniffle.

It's like some of the worst acting ever but yeah, he's crying xD.

If he is crying it's very minor same thing with him in the first one.

xcrushterx
10-09-10, 21:57
Does it matter?

peeves
10-09-10, 22:25
Does it matter?

In the 4th through 7th movies it does for me coz it just wouldn't be the same if he didn't.

Love2Raid
12-09-10, 00:26
I just re-read the 4th book (Goblet of Fire). Two things:

Seven locks on Madeye´s trunk. :D
In the last book, we find out Harry´s cloak is very unique, that it is actually one of a kind. How come Voldy´s most loyal servant has one as well? Or is it just one of those inferior kind of cloaks, as described in the seventh book?

xcrushterx
12-09-10, 01:18
More than Harry's cloak existed, although Harry's was one of a kind in that its magic is eternal, and that it's virtually undetectable.

So yeah that other cloak would have been an inferior one.

peeves
12-09-10, 13:51
7 winged horses that pull the beauxbaton's carriage in GoF as well. and 7 is krum's number on the quidditch world cup.

scoopy_loopy
12-09-10, 14:25
There were plently of Invisibility Cloaks in the HP universe - but only Harry's would never ever loose it's effectiveness over time or be able to be detected by magick :D

Love2Raid
12-09-10, 21:35
Yes, true. I´m reading OotP now and Mundungus (or whatever his name is) appears to have one as well. :p

Btw I still think GoF has an excellent plot, most excellent. :D:D

Ada the Mental
12-09-10, 23:06
More than Harry's cloak existed, although Harry's was one of a kind in that its magic is eternal, and that it's virtually undetectable.

So yeah that other cloak would have been an inferior one.

There were plently of Invisibility Cloaks in the HP universe - but only Harry's would never ever loose it's effectiveness over time or be able to be detected by magick :D
And yet Mad-Eye's eye could see right through it! :p

Love2Raid
12-09-10, 23:25
Yeah. :p

It could see through normal cloaks as well (remember Harry's socks), how disturbing! :yik:

peeves
12-09-10, 23:35
Yeah. :p

It could see through normal cloaks as well (remember Harry's socks), how disturbing! :yik:

You mean you could see through normal invisibility cloaks? I couldn't. :p

xcrushterx
13-09-10, 00:44
And yet Mad-Eye's eye could see right through it! :p

Hey, I covered that by saying "virtually" :pi:

Ada the Mental
13-09-10, 01:01
Hey, I covered that by saying "virtually" :pi:
Ok, you did. :p

Still, I wish JKR had mentioned that there was something unique about this particular cloak sooner. It wouldn't feel like such an asspull!

Dream_Raider
13-09-10, 05:50
^ I still think her bringing ol' Grindly-wald back was the biggest surprise....I've read PS the least times so for a second I was like- "Grindle-what? Oh....the Chocolate Frog card guy. Meh."

And then seeing how central he was to the plot I was soo surprised. Not a single(I think :pi:) mention of him from books 2 to 6 and BAM! he's in the 7th.
and also, in that trailer, for some reason :pi: Ruoert's expression at 0:20 made me laugh :p

Mytly
13-09-10, 19:41
Still, I wish JKR had mentioned that there was something unique about this particular cloak sooner. It wouldn't feel like such an asspull!
That was because it was an asspull. I think she cooked up the whole Deathly Hallows storyline (the bit about the Hallows themselves, that is) after HBP was released, and she realized that the fans had already come up with pretty much every possible variant of how the story of Book 7 would go, so she needed to come up with something completely new, and totally out of the blue, or else she might get accused of plagiarising fan fiction. :p That explains why all the stuff about wand ownership and similar crap had never been mentioned in the previous books, even though such situations had come up literally dozens of times in the past. People disarming each other, that is. Wouldn't Voldy's wand belong to Harry after the showdown in GoF? Yet Voldy seems to be able to use it on Harry perfectly well in OoTP. And wouldn't the fact that Dumbledore was using The Elder Wand (i.e an unbeatable wand) in his duel with Voldy have worked in his favour to some extent at least? ;)

robm_2007
13-09-10, 21:17
That explains why all the stuff about wand ownership and similar crap had never been mentioned in the previous books, even though such situations had come up literally dozens of times in the past. People disarming each other, that is. Wouldn't Voldy's wand belong to Harry after the showdown in GoF? Yet Voldy seems to be able to use it on Harry perfectly well in OoTP. And wouldn't the fact that Dumbledore was using The Elder Wand (i.e an unbeatable wand) in his duel with Voldy have worked in his favour to some extent at least? ;)

you can still posess it and use it, but the actual Unbeatable power will only present itself to the one who rightfully owns it, but denies having any desire to have such a great power.

which duel are you referring to? Dumbledore didnt ever lose a battle with Voldy. (at least, none that ended up in either one dying)

Mytly
13-09-10, 22:28
you can still posess it and use it, but the actual Unbeatable power will only present itself to the one who rightfully owns it, but denies having any desire to have such a great power.
Isn't that an exact description of Dumbledore? He was the rightful owner, btw. He got it legitimately when he beat Grindelwald.

which duel are you referring to? Dumbledore didnt ever lose a battle with Voldy. (at least, none that ended up in either one dying)At the end of OotP. Voldy escapes - not what I'd call a win for Dumbledore. People don't have to die in order to lose duels. And similarly, Voldy certainly lost the duel against Harry at the end of GoF, so his wand should belong to Harry.

robm_2007
13-09-10, 23:09
Isn't that an exact description of Dumbledore? He was the rightful owner, btw. He got it legitimately when he beat Grindelwald.

did he specifically not want to have such a power, though?

At the end of OotP. Voldy escapes - not what I'd call a win for Dumbledore. People don't have to die in order to lose duels. And similarly, Voldy certainly lost the duel against Harry at the end of GoF, so his wand should belong to Harry.

maybe thats why he lost? but i guess the wand wasnt his yet.

Rivendell
14-09-10, 08:18
Voldy certainly lost the duel against Harry at the end of GoF, so his wand should belong to Harry.

Did he? I wouldn't have said Voldy lost. Harry broke the connection and ran off, while LV got bombarded by a load of ghosts from his own wand!

I wouldn't have said anyone won or lost there.

Dream_Raider
15-09-10, 14:13
But there are still loads of people disarming each other all over the place!

It has some holes in it, but HPDH is still probably my favourite book :p

Ada the Mental
15-09-10, 15:04
But there are still loads of people disarming each other all over the place!

It has some holes in it, but HPDH is still probably my favourite book :p

I've been wondering about that! If you're dueling with your friends for fun and they disarm you do they own your wand? Or does that only work in SRS BSNS duels?

Shark_Blade
15-09-10, 15:54
November can't come soon enough. :D I'm not seeing anything not reading anything, no spoilers whatsoever save for the book, it's going to be awesome.

Love2Raid
15-09-10, 18:29
I've been wondering about that! If you're dueling with your friends for fun and they disarm you do they own your wand? Or does that only work in SRS BSNS duels?
Apparently the wand chooses its master, so it could be that a friendly match or a not so ´serious´ duel wouldn´t be enough for the wand to consider its current owner not worthy...:o

In the last book it seemed like a simple disarming spell would be enough though, which is still strange. I mean when Draco disarmed Dumbledore, that wasn´t even a duel right? But still the Elder Wand considered Draco to be its master, and after that Harry disarmed Draco and became the master. :confused:

CiaKonwerski
15-09-10, 18:32
Any long trailers for Deathly Hollows yet? Also, did anyone else not really enjoy the Half-Blood Prince (film)?

Mytly
15-09-10, 19:26
'Yet'? The man had owned the Elder Wand for more than 50 years! And he had got it in the most most legitimate manner, i.e. by defeating its previous owner in a duel. On the other hand, Harry somehow became the rightful owner without even so much as touching the bloody thing! :rolleyes: Can you say 'gaping big plot holes'? :p

Did he? I wouldn't have said Voldy lost. Harry broke the connection and ran off, while LV got bombarded by a load of ghosts from his own wand!

I wouldn't have said anyone won or lost there.
I guess it depends on what you consider losing. IMO, Voldy certainly lost because he couldn't do what he intended to do, which is to kill Harry.

Presumably only in the latter case - or else we have to assume that by teaching the kids to duel in CoS, Lockhart and Snape were essentially teaching them how to steal each others' wands. ;) Of course, it would have helped immensely if JKR had taken some time out from her riveting descriptions of the joys of camping in DH to stick in a paragraph or two more about how wand ownership really works.

Apparently the wand chooses its master, so it could be that a friendly match or a not so ´serious´ duel wouldn´t be enough for the wand to consider its current owner not worthy...:o
Probably. Seems like a reasonable explanation. :)

robm_2007
15-09-10, 21:42
And similarly, Voldy certainly lost the duel against Harry at the end of GoF, so his wand should belong to Harry.

Voldy; Harry

Lara's home
15-09-10, 22:20

In the last book it seemed like a simple disarming spell would be enough though, which is still strange. I mean when Draco disarmed Dumbledore, that wasn´t even a duel right? But still the Elder Wand considered Draco to be its master, and after that Harry disarmed Draco and became the master. :confused:

Dumbledore died, though. I doubt the want was aware that it was Snape, and not Malfoy who killed Dumbledore.

robm_2007
16-09-10, 03:38
Dumbledore died, though. I doubt the want was aware that it was Snape, and not Malfoy who killed Dumbledore.

Magic knows everything.

i also think that it has to actually be a fair fight, for the Elder Wand to become under new ownership, and for it to physically change hands.

at least, those things wouls have to happen for the Elder Wand to become unbeatable; if they are not, then the Elder Wand is just like any other, and the power would only be limited to its user's abilities.

peeves
16-09-10, 18:29
Any long trailers for Deathly Hollows yet? Also, did anyone else not really enjoy the Half-Blood Prince (film)?

I pretty much enjoyed the Half-Blood Prince film even though it's #3 on my list 1 being GoF and 2 being OotP. And still no rating confirmed by the DH. What's up with that? :confused:

xcrushterx
16-09-10, 18:43
I hope it has a high rating. I do NOT want to go and see it in a cinema full of kiddies who are only just recent fans! :mad:

Love2Raid
16-09-10, 18:56
Magic knows everything.

i also think that it has to actually be a fair fight, for the Elder Wand to become under new ownership, and for it to physically change hands.

at least, those things wouls have to happen for the Elder Wand to become unbeatable; if they are not, then the Elder Wand is just like any other, and the power would only be limited to its user's abilities.
Yeah, that´s how I understood it as well. Except that Malfoy vs Dumble wasn´t a fair fight at all. Dumbledore was weak and didn´t do anything to stop Malfoy from disarming him. Unless the fact that he died shortly afterwards has anything to do with it...

Tonyrobinson
16-09-10, 18:58
The rating WILL NOT be confirmed until around late October. It has to be completed and shown to the BBFC and MPAA first to see if any cuts need to be made they are still probably in the middle of Post production so we won't be hearing the rating for it soon but it's obviously going to be a PG-13 because teens are where their prime audience lies. ;)

peeves
17-09-10, 00:00
The rating WILL NOT be confirmed until around late October. It has to be completed and shown to the BBFC and MPAA first to see if any cuts need to be made they are still probably in the middle of Post production so we won't be hearing the rating for it soon but it's obviously going to be a PG-13 because teens are where their prime audience lies. ;)

I know it'll be PG-13 but I want the rating in late september early october.

Tonyrobinson
18-09-10, 16:44
Lots of news today fellow muggles.

Scenes with Death Eaters where cut because they resembled the movie SAW.

New Trailer for PART 1 out on Wednesday.

Premiere is on November 15th in New York.

and much more on Mugglenet! :D

I'm excited that it's going to be the goriest Potter yet!

Shark_Blade
18-09-10, 17:43
Scenes with Death Eaters where cut because they resembled the movie SAW.Damn. They better not left this out in the special features on dvd/bd! I want to see wizard heads decapitation! I want blood, I want gore, and I want it NOW!

Like they said, save the best for last.

Tonyrobinson
18-09-10, 17:46
Yes, I'm guessing there will be alot of torturing in this one. I can't wait to see Hermione's torture scene apparently it's very brutal judging from the reactions from the audience who got the preview!

peeves
18-09-10, 17:50

EDIT ok it doesn't matter because the movie would be R if they weren't cut and it can't be R so they cut that out. ;)

Tonyrobinson
18-09-10, 17:56
Exactly. So basically if we think about it we are going to get a very hard PG-13/12A. :)

Love2Raid
18-09-10, 23:39
Lots of news today fellow muggles.

Really? I really don't remember anything like that...:confused:

And about that particular torture scene, of course it's going to be brutal! :D
As far as I know, being tortured with the Cruciatus curse isn't exactly pleasant, considering it drove Neville's parents mad...

Rivendell
19-09-10, 00:17
Damn. :( Wish they'd kept the Saw-esque scenes!

Tonyrobinson
19-09-10, 01:37
I can't wait to see the H/Hr dancing scenes. Is it wrong to cry during them I'll be emotional since this is going to be the last Potter movie but I just like the Harry and Hermione scenes they make me feel all fuzzy inside! :)

They dance to such a beautiful song too. :)

SMv2vm6D-9w

Plus the Locket scene is supposedly very sexy! :p

I'm a H/Hr shipper I guess. I always thought her and Ron were great in the films but Bonnie's crap acting ruined it for me she has NO chemistry with Dan!

Anyone else notice in the trailer during the scene with Harry and Voldemort dueling in the courtyard there is alot of dead bodies surrounding them!

Rai
19-09-10, 12:55
^What Harry/Hermione dancing scene? I don't recall it. And you are right, I haven't really felt any or much chemistry between Bonnie and Dan. I didn't like the scene in the room of requirement, with Ginny hiding the potions book for example. In all honesty, even in the books their friendship seemed just as Harry described it, brother/sisterly. I guess that's hormones for you :p.

That reminds me, Harry remembers the tiara he used as a marker for the location of the potion book, and he figures out that tiara could be Ravenclaw's Diadem. I wonder how the film will handle that, will Harry just come across the diadem by accident now?

Shark_Blade
19-09-10, 13:52
I can't wait to see how messed up the Epilogue : 19 Years Later would be.
I can't think what's worse, the group and Malfoy in old people get-ups, the cheesy old people talk, Harry's son named James and Albus Severus Potter(WTF??) or Malfoy's son named Scorpius (lmao).

It'll be a LOLfest I think.

xcrushterx
19-09-10, 14:07
I wish the epilogue never happened :( I'd have much prefferred the story to end a couple of days after the Battle of Hogwarts at the very most. I don't really like how everything was just left..

Shark_Blade
19-09-10, 14:28
I feel the same, but I just treat it as a separate story ( = never happened) but still respect it since JK wrote it early on before the conception of Deathly Hallows. It's like an early draft of her work and never altered whatsoever from what I read. Props to her for providing us some of the raw materials.

Nonetheless, if you read it, it literally feels like a fanfiction and a very bad one at that. But still a nice addition lol.

To me, Deathly Hallows ended when Harry went back to the dormitory tower and to his four-poster bed for a well earned sleep. The future is a mystery and I like it like that.

Tonyrobinson
19-09-10, 15:32
^What Harry/Hermione dancing scene? I don't recall it. And you are right, I haven't really felt any or much chemistry between Bonnie and Dan. I didn't like the scene in the room of requirement, with Ginny hiding the potions book for example. In all honesty, even in the books their friendship seemed just as Harry described it, brother/sisterly. I guess that's hormones for you :p.

That reminds me, Harry remembers the tiara he used as a marker for the location of the potion book, and he figures out that tiara could be Ravenclaw's Diadem. I wonder how the film will handle that, will Harry just come across the diadem by accident now?

They added it for the movie Harry and Krum will dance with Hermione instead of Ron like in the book. It'll work out well on-screen I think because it'll show Ron's jealously and give a valid reason for him to leave. :D

Rai
19-09-10, 15:59
They added it for the movie Harry and Krum will dance with Hermione instead of Ron like in the book. It'll work out well on-screen I think because it'll show Ron's jealously and give a valid reason for him to leave. :D

Oh you're talking about the wedding? So Harry and Hermione dance, which fuels Ron's jealousy during the locket scene? I like it, and it will [hopefully] work well.

Tonyrobinson
19-09-10, 16:55
Oh you're talking about the wedding? So Harry and Hermione dance, which fuels Ron's jealousy during the locket scene? I like it, and it will [hopefully] work well.

Yes, they also dance when Ron leaves to cheer eachother up. :D

scoopy_loopy
20-09-10, 02:11
I wish the epilogue never happened :( I'd have much prefferred the story to end a couple of days after the Battle of Hogwarts at the very most. I don't really like how everything was just left..

AVADA KEDAVRA!

The epilogue was amazing and I wish it was longer! :o

Love2Raid
20-09-10, 02:41
How dare you use an Unforgivable Curse! I sentence you to a lifetime in Azkaban. :ohn:

I didn't like the Epilogue either. :o
I thought it was a bit too cheesy and more importantly, it blocked every possibility of a continuation. :mad:

peeves
20-09-10, 17:33
I also didn't like the epilogue as it ruined the continuation after DH plus it had a kiddy ending in it. :mad:

Ada the Mental
20-09-10, 17:43
The Happily-Ever-After-ness of the epilogie was cheesy as hell, but I didn't mind it that much. I just wished there was more insight on what changed in the Potterverse after the War. You know, all that extra info that JKR gave in interviews? She could have squeezed some of it in the book!

Rai
20-09-10, 18:41
Yes, they also dance when Ron leaves to cheer eachother up. :D

My imagination is seeing that all wrong. I'm imagining: Ron leaves, Harry and Hermione high five and do a celebratory dance. :vlol:

How dare you use an Unforgivable Curse! I sentence you to a lifetime in Azkaban. :ohn:

Why is it that the unforgivables seem perfectly acceptable during the war? I mean Harry tries to use them and how do the likes of Molly kill off Bella, what spell would kill other than the AK? :confused: I mean, I get the impression that the Unforgivables aren't used because regualar witches/wizards are better than that, more moral etc. AK is murder, Crucio is torture and then there's the other one that controls.

The Happily-Ever-After-ness of the epilogie was cheesy as hell, but I didn't mind it that much. I just wished there was more insight on what changed in the Potterverse after the War. You know, all that extra info that JKR gave in interviews? She could have squeezed some of it in the book!

I would have liked to read some info about more directly after the war too. And not just about the trio but others as well.

scoopy_loopy
21-09-10, 04:33

I agree! I got linked to a heap of her "left out loose ends" which she tidied up in interviews and such, she could have easily fit some more into the epilogue. :(

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO CHARLIE! In my head he's really hot :cln: He gets no mention as to what happens to him, and on the "family tree" he's left single!

(I'm still in with a chance, that means! :mis:)

Shark_Blade
21-09-10, 09:46
^How on earth is Charlie hot I wonder? We barely get to read him in the books and he wasn't in the movies(yet).

touchthesky
21-09-10, 09:58
^How on earth is Charlie hot I wonder? We barely get to read him in the books and he wasn't in the movies(yet).

Sometimes the mystery of it all makes em hot. :ton:

scoopy_loopy
21-09-10, 10:21
He has burns and scars, a muscular body, deals with dragons and has well lush long red hair. That's pretty much all Jo gives us, but my imagination can cook up MORE THAN ENOUGH for the rest.

:cln:

IN MY HEAD HE'S HOT! You shall never convince me otherwise.

ShadyCroft
21-09-10, 10:36
I gotta say, Charlie's hot in my head too.

Rai
21-09-10, 10:54

Imgination is grand aint it? Jo teases us of this devil-may-cry guy who works with dragons. It's not so much of a push to imagine the rest :p.

Ada the Mental
21-09-10, 15:34
This. ^ Charlie in my head is sexy in a manly, rugged way. :cln:

http://i51.************/jsyk91.png
LOL.

]{eith
21-09-10, 15:37
LMFAO! We gone find you Voldemort!

Tonyrobinson
21-09-10, 23:26
You sooo dumb! :vlol:

Love2Raid
22-09-10, 00:05
Why is it that the unforgivables seem perfectly acceptable during the war? I mean Harry tries to use them and how do the likes of spoiler, what spell would kill other than the AK? :confused: I mean, I get the impression that the Unforgivables aren't used because regualar witches/wizards are better than that, more moral etc. AK is murder, Crucio is torture and then there's the other one that controls.

I suppose it´s fair in war then. :confused:

Moody (not the real one :p) used them too in HP and the Goblet of Fire. He didn´t use Crucio or Avada Kedavra on people though, but he did use the Imperius curse on the students and nobody said anything. :confused:

scoopy_loopy
22-09-10, 05:17
I gotta say, Charlie's hot in my head too.

Imgination is grand aint it? Jo teases us of this devil-may-cry guy who works with dragons. It's not so much of a push to imagine the rest :p.

Hurrah, I'm not the only one! :cln:

How about we share him between the three of us? :mis:

xcrushterx
22-09-10, 08:16
In my mind Charlie has a face like a slapped arse. :p

scoopy_loopy
22-09-10, 08:43
I'll slap your arse in a minute :mis:

I stumbled across this just now, thought it was quite a cute portrayal of Albus & Gellert.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/caladan-atreides/rufus/grindelwald-dd.jpg

star-dust
22-09-10, 23:18
I have to say... the other day I read the first book in the series (Philosopher's Stone) and it was my third read through the book and the more I read it the more I realize how humerus it really is. I laughed quite a bit. I can't wait to read the second book again now!:)

Rivendell
23-09-10, 07:43
New Trailer Alert! New Trailer Alert! (http://wbads-90.vo.llnwd.net/e1/wbmovies/deathlyhallows/pt1/trl3/HP7PT1_TRL3_480.mov)

Unbelievable goosebumps and shivering after seeing that!

:yik: :jmp: :yik:

]{eith
23-09-10, 07:47
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGGOGOMGOMGOMGMGMGOEMGEOIJFEOJFEOIJF EOJFEFEF

:jmp:

msalpha2omega
23-09-10, 12:36
I can't see it... :( It keeps loading forever.... Can anyone please give a youtube link? (hopes it's on youtube)

Ada the Mental
23-09-10, 12:59
I can't find the new one on youtube.
Try the yahoo link: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810004780/trailer

EDIT: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

EDIT 2: YzfEH0UPEBo

msalpha2omega
23-09-10, 13:38
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

Rai
23-09-10, 15:35
That's incredible :D. Thank you!

peeves
23-09-10, 20:55
That trailer looks so epic. I can't believe it won't be rated R. JK.

lara c. fan
23-09-10, 21:04
That trailer looks so epic. I can't believe it won't be rated R. JK.

Because then most of the frikkin fanbase wouldn't be able to watch it...?

touchthesky
23-09-10, 22:33
Actually looks amazing.

Just looked at my shifts. Am on a 330-9 that day and the two days after. NO WAY :(.

scoopy_loopy
24-09-10, 00:52
I can't find the new one on youtube.
Try the yahoo link: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810004780/trailer

EDIT: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

EDIT 2: YzfEH0UPEBo

OH WOW! I got chills! :D That has got to be the best trailer for any HP movie to date.

msalpha2omega
24-09-10, 11:51
Judging from this trailer, they are probably going to use many details from the book!!!! That's awesome, I can't wait till November!!!!!:jmp::jmp::jmp:

Tonyrobinson
24-09-10, 13:45
The trailer was great really gives you a feel for the movie. The effects look top notch and it looks like it's going to be full on action! I really wanna know who that is exploding at the end of the trailer it looks like Voldemort but that doesn't make sense. The new Ministry headquarters look amazing and it's nice to see Umbridge back again. I love the scene with the the eerie patronis charm and ofcourse the dementors and Thestrals are also in play. I'm still not convinced enough to see this in 3D because I'd prefer if it wasn't but I'll definatley be booking as soon as the tickets available. Hopefully there is an advanced preview and we get to see it a week early! :)

peeves
01-10-10, 18:55
DH p 1 rating confirmed to be PG-13 :D ;) :yah:
http://www.oclumencia.com.br/2010/10/reliquias-da-morte-parte-1-ganha-censura-pg-13-por-ter-violencia/

Tonyrobinson
01-10-10, 18:57
And I didn't wanna bump these by doing a double but lotsa new Posters:

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_one_post er5-404x600.jpg

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_poster_ daniel_radcliffe_hi-res_01-375x600.jpg

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_poster_ emma_watson_hi-res_01-375x600.jpg

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_poster_ rupert_grint_hi-res_01-375x600.jpg

Rai
01-10-10, 19:00
Ooh shiny new posters! Hoping to see these around town soon. :D

Tonyrobinson
01-10-10, 19:01
Well just one month and 18 days to go! :D

Your_Envy*
01-10-10, 19:39
I am so gonna cry when the movies will end. :o Even looking at those posters makes me wanna.. Cry.
Yes, I'm a big crying baby k? :mad: :p

Thanks for sharing! :hug:

JonnyT
01-10-10, 19:41
Deathly Hallows is going to be awesome. Shame it's the end of the Harry Potter series though :/ (After part 2 of course)

peeves
01-10-10, 19:41
I am so gonna cry when the movies will end. :o Even looking at those posters makes me wanna.. Cry.

The only reason i won't be crying is because of the DVD and cable premiere. :p

Rai
01-10-10, 20:40

We'll be in different parts fo the world, crying like babies together :hug:

Your_Envy*
01-10-10, 20:54
We'll be in different parts fo the world, crying like babies together :hug:

Oh I am glad I am not alone here, let's prepare our tissues! :hug:

xcrushterx
01-10-10, 20:56
Oh I am glad I am not alone here, let's prepare our tissues! :hug:
Ana dear I'll be with you both too! :hug:

Your_Envy*
01-10-10, 20:57
Ana dear I'll be with you both too! :hug:

That's so sweet, bring your tissues dear. :hug:

peeves
01-10-10, 22:18
Deathly Hallows is going to be awesome. Shame it's the end of the Harry Potter series though :/ (After part 2 of course)

I know it'll be. It's gonna be my new favorite potter film of the 7: DH 1st GoF 2nd OotP 3rd.

Tonyrobinson
01-10-10, 22:47
I'm going to cry at the end if I hear this during the epilogue:

YSb7mOk_UvU

Imagine this scene to it:

King's cross station on Platform 9 3/4. Harry and Ginny arrive with their family. Their sons are fighting, the younger son approaches Harry.

Albus: But Dad, what if I don't get into Griffindor?

Harry: Well, When I was younger I just asked the sorting hat.

He smiles at his son as Ron and Hermione come through the barrier with their children. Hermione is crying and kisses each child on the head as they join up with Harry's to board the train. They look across and see Draco and his sun who smugly smiles and turns his nose up at them and walks on. Ron glances a rolled eyed look at Harry. Albus walks over and gives Harry one final hug. Harry leans in close and whispers to him.

Harry: Don't worry about what house you get into, remember you were named after two great Headmasters, one from Griffindore the other from Slytherin.

Albus: But da...

Harry: Shhh, The trains about to leave, goodbye, Albus Severus.

Ron Pecks Hermione's cheek and Ginny, Ron, Hermione and Harry stand next to one another as there is a final shot of each other their faces as they cry and wave at the screen and the film pans out to the sky as the Hogwarts express drives out of the station and we see a montage of it arriving at Hogwarts and finally a shot across the black lake to a newly rebuilt Hogwarts with Gold and Red flags bellowing in the wind.

[THE END]

scoopy_loopy
01-10-10, 22:54
And I didn't wanna bump these by doing a double but lotsa new Posters:
http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_poster_ daniel_radcliffe_hi-res_01-375x600.jpg

Daniel actually looks attractive there! Shock horror. :p

Awe! I'm going to tear up too, especially in the epilogue. :p Not that I'll let anyone see :pi:

Tonyrobinson
01-10-10, 23:05
The only other scene I think I'll cry in is when Harry and Hermione dance because I really love their on-screen chemistry more so than Ginny and Harry. Plus this is about the third time I've posted this but the song by Nick Cave is remarkable and so romantic!

ilTSnKa2NrA

scoopy_loopy
02-10-10, 00:31
Ive never seen Hermione and Harry as a 'thing' :o But I never ever thought she'd really end up with Ron :p

(Viktor is so HOT and mysterious :cln:)

Love2Raid
02-10-10, 00:36
I'm not watching ANY trailer! :cln::hea:

Btw I read somewhere that JK told Oprah that she is reconsidering to write another HP.

Oh please, just DO IT!!! :jmp::jmp::yah:

robm_2007
02-10-10, 00:37
Did anyone esle watch the JK Rowling interview on Oprah? i rather liked it; it focused more on her than the books.

Love2Raid
02-10-10, 00:38
Aha, you watched it?

Is it true, did she really say that she might write another book? :o

Shark_Blade
02-10-10, 00:43
Where's the link?

robm_2007
02-10-10, 00:47
Aha, you watched it?

she says that she doesnt think so, but becuase she loves writing, she isnt dismissing the possibility. she knows that she will always write, but im not sure about if she said she would publish it. (this was said about both anything in the HP universe adn otherwise).

i didnt hear her say that she was reconsidering, she just doesnt think she will and isnt thinking about it necessarily.

scoopy_loopy
02-10-10, 00:51
Did anyone esle watch the JK Rowling interview on Oprah? i rather liked it; it focused more on her than the books.

Oooh, no I haven't seen it! *Youtubes*

There was this epic one I saw awhile ago with this sweet little Australian fan that I'd really like to see again - but I can't find it anywhere.

peeves
02-10-10, 00:54
I just read the PG-13 confirmed thread about DH on imdb and people were so happy and they made comments like if it was PG they'd think it'd be the end of the world. If DH was PG instead of PG-13 not only would it be unacceptable but i'd be so upset i'd throw a temper tantrum crying hysterically. A better example would be making a youtube video of it with dumbledore's farewell music to show how sad that is.

scoopy_loopy
02-10-10, 00:56
Oh can you shut up about the Rating? It's going to be different in so many countries and is HARDLY RELEVANT!

peeves
02-10-10, 00:57
Oh can you shut up about the Rating? It's going to be different in so many countries and is HARDLY RELEVANT!

I'm just making a point here. HBP got away with so much for a PG it shoulda been PG-13 but wasn't.

scoopy_loopy
02-10-10, 01:00
So?!

peeves
02-10-10, 01:02
So?!

My point is if the films are getting darker they should be PG-13 like the sixth film was dark but wasn't rated PG-13 when i found out HBP was PG i almost felt like i wanted to throw up.

Sir Croft
02-10-10, 01:05
If the movie is still dark, why does it matter if it's PG?

peeves
02-10-10, 01:05
If the movie is still dark, why does it matter if it's PG?

Because it had some epic parts to it. For example dumbledore's death and mourning scene the sad music death eaters attack emotional parts etc.

Sir Croft
02-10-10, 01:08
I think all the epic parts from HBP were in the movie, just badly executed like the battle after Dumbledore's death, for instance.

peeves
02-10-10, 01:10
I think all the epic parts from HBP were in the movie, just badly executed like the battle after Dumbledore's death, for instance.

It still got a 12A in the UK maybe because the UK is more strict with ratings so i guess HBP got PG because the US was less strict and the sixth movie epic parts were badly executed so i see your point. But still that ain't no excuse for a PG.

Johnnay
02-10-10, 07:44
I'm not watching ANY trailer! :cln::hea:

Btw I read somewhere that JK told Oprah that she is reconsidering to write another HP.

Oh please, just DO IT!!! :jmp::jmp::yah:

Aha, you watched it?

Where's the link?

http://www.news.am/eng/news/32954.html

if she wanted she could write a eigth, ninth or tenth book, but she feels shes done really, everything has happened really after the seventh book:)

tonyme
02-10-10, 07:50
She better not spoil it if she writes more!!

touchthesky
02-10-10, 07:50
Draco should get his own spin off.

Johnnay
02-10-10, 07:57

the moment you wrote that i thought you meant the actual TRF Draco:vlol:

Alpharaider47
02-10-10, 07:59

Might be kinda cool to see events from another character's perspective or explore some of those "what ifs"

touchthesky
02-10-10, 08:22
Even if she released it as en e-series.

Come awwwwn JK.

scoopy_loopy
02-10-10, 08:26
Or perhaps she could write a novel/e-series about the life of Dumbledore, up to the death of Grindelwald. A true narrative I mean, not what we've already gleamed from the already published works.

Angel666
02-10-10, 08:31
Ooooh! The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore! That would be epic.

touchthesky
02-10-10, 08:34
Nah.

Draco > Dumbledore.

Your_Envy*
02-10-10, 08:50
Awe! I'm going to tear up too, especially in the epilogue. :p Not that I'll let anyone see :pi:

:jmp: Can't wait. :whi:

Yeah I agree!

Tonyrobinson
02-10-10, 10:45
I never want her to write another Potter book again. She ended it in a way what it should've been ended. Unless ofcourse she writes a book all about Luna's adventures. Then I'd buy it! :D

Rai
02-10-10, 11:56

It's not as if another author would be drafted in to re-invent the franchise :whi:

I never want her to write another Potter book again. She ended it in a way what it should've been ended. Unless ofcourse she writes a book all about Luna's adventures. Then I'd buy it! :D

I agree that Harry's story ended just as it should have. Writing about the Harry Potter universe doesn't necessarily need to include Harry or even Ron and Hermione, but looking into the lives of characters, such as Luna (;p). I like the glimpses we got of James and Lilly. Maybe there could be a small series about James, Sirius and Lupin at school. Or, like you, I'd like to read more of Luna, as she travels the world trying to prove the existence of those creatures she talked about. :D

Tonyrobinson
02-10-10, 12:18
It's not as if another author would be drafted in to re-invent the franchise :whi:

I agree that Harry's story ended just as it should have. Writing about the Harry Potter universe doesn't necessarily need to include Harry or even Ron and Hermione, but looking into the lives of characters, such as Luna (;p). I like the glimpses we got of James and Lilly. Maybe there could be a small series about James, Sirius and Lupin at school. Or, like you, I'd like to read more of Luna, as she travels the world trying to prove the existence of those creatures she talked about. :D

She did write a short prequel about them. Available to read on her website years ago:

The speeding motorcycle took the sharp corner so fast in the darkness that both policemen in the pursuing car shouted,”Whoa!” Sergeant Fisher slammed his large foot on the brake, thinking that the boy who was riding pillion was sure to be flung under his wheels; however, the motorbike made the turn without seating either of its riders, and with a wink of its red tail lights, vanished up the narrow side street.

“We’ve got ‘em now!” cried PC Anderson excitedly. “That’s a dead end!”

Leaning hard on the steering wheel and crashing his gears, Fisher scraped half the paint off the flank of the car as he forced it up the alleyway in pursuit.There in the headlights sat their quarry, stationary at last after a quarter of an hour’s chase. The two riders were trapped between a towering brick wall and the police car, which was now crawling towards them like some growling luminous-eyes predator.

There was so little space between the car doors and the walls of the alley that Fisher and Anderson had difficulty extricating themselves from the vehicle. It injured their dignity to have to inch, crab-like,towards the miscreants. Fisher dragged his generous belly along the wall,tearing buttons off his shirt as he went, and finally snapping off the wing mirror with his backside.

“Get off the bike!” he bellowed at the smirking youths, who sat basking in the flashing blue light as though enjoying it.

They did as they were told, finally pulling free from the broken wing mirror, Fisher glared at them. They seemed to be in their late teens. The one who had been driving had long black hair, his insolent good looks reminded Fisher unpleasantly of his daughter’s guitar-playing, layabout boyfriend. The second boy also had black hair, though his was short and stuck up in all directions; he wore glasses and a broad grin. Both were dressed in t-shirts emblazoned with a large golden bird; the emblem, no doubt, of some deafening, tuneless rock band.

“No helmet!” Fisher yelled, pointing from one uncovered head to the other. “Exceeding the speed limit by-by a considerable amount!” (In fact, the speed registered had been greater than Fisher was prepared to accept that any motorcycle could travel.) “Failure to stop for the police!”

“We’d have loved to stop for a chat,” said the boy in glasses,”only we were trying-”

“Don’t get smart-you two are in a heap of trouble!” snarled Anderson. “Names!”

“Names?” repeated the long-haired driver.”Er-Well, let’s see. There’s Wilberforce…Bathsheba…Elvendork…”

“And what’s nice about that one is, you can use it for a boy OR a girl,” said the boy in glasses.

“Oh, our names, did you mean?” asked the first, as Anderson spluttered with rage.”You should’ve said! This here is James Potter, and I’m Sirius Black!”

“Things’ll be seriously black for you in a minute, you cheek little-”

But neither James nor Sirius was paying attention. They were suddenly as alert as gundogs, staying past Fisher and Anderson, over the roof of the police car, at the dark mouth of the alley. Then, with identical, fluid movements, they reached into their back pockets.

For the space of a heartbeat both policemen imagined guns gleaming at them, but a second later they saw that the motorcyclists had drawn nothing more than-

“Drumsticks?” jeered Anderson. “Right pair of jokers, aren’t you? Right, we’re arresting you on a charge of–”

But Anderson never got to name the charge. James and Sirius had shouted something incomprehensible, and the beams from the headlights had moved.

The policemen wheeled around, then staggered backwards. Three men were flying-actually flying- up the alley on broomsticks-and at the same moment,the police car was rearing up on its back wheels.

Fisher’s knee bucked; as he sat down hard; Anderson tripped over Fisher’s legs and fell on top of him, as flump-bang-crunch- they heard the men on brooms slam into the suspended car and fall, apparently insensible, to the ground, while broken bits of broomstick clattered down around them.

The motorbike had roared into life again. His mouth hanging open, Fisher mustered the strength to look back at the two teenagers.

“Thanks very much!” called Sirius over the throb of the engine.”We owe you one!”

“Yeah, nice meeting you!” said James. “And don’t forget: Elvendork! It’s unisex!”

There was an earth-shaking crash, and Fisher and Anderson threw their arms around each other in fright; their car had just fallen back to the ground. Now it was the motorcycle’s turn to rear. Before the policemen’s disbelieving eyes, it took off into thin air: James and Sirius zoomed away into the night sky, their tail light twinkling behind them like a vanishing ruby.

Rai
02-10-10, 12:29
^I've got that one as part of the Waterstone's 'What's your story' promotion thing :D.

Ada the Mental
02-10-10, 14:59
I'd love a Marauder's era prequel. I've always found that generation more interesting!

The Potterverse still has a lot of potential, there's a lot she could write that don't have to involve Harry (or even any of the known characters).

Love2Raid
02-10-10, 15:54
I'd love a Marauder's era prequel. I've always found that generation more interesting!

The Potterverse still has a lot of potential, there's a lot she could write that don't have to involve Harry (or even any of the known characters).
Totally agree. Harry´s story is sort of done, but I´m very interested in what adventures other characters have been on. :D

peeves
02-10-10, 16:56
Well when i first found out HBP was PG it drove me to near insanity. But DH is a different story because it's PG-13 same with GoF and OotP.
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows

robm_2007
02-10-10, 19:30
Ooooh! The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore! That would be epic.

that would be rather funny :p
Nah.

Draco > Dumbledore.

OMG, i never thought anyone could be more irrational :eek:
Well when i first found out HBP was PG it drove me to near insanity. But DH is a different story because it's PG-13 same with GoF and OotP.
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows

HBP didnt seem to me like they toned down any of the dark or mature content from the book to the movie adaptation; maybe Dumbeldores death wasnt as exciting as the books, but i didnt think it was terrible.

they could still get away with a true DH adaptation, and it still be a PG rated film.

peeves
03-10-10, 01:41
that would be rather funny :p

OMG, i never thought anyone could be more irrational :eek:

HBP didnt seem to me like they toned down any of the dark or mature content from the book to the movie adaptation; maybe Dumbeldores death wasnt as exciting as the books, but i didnt think it was terrible.

they could still get away with a true DH adaptation, and it still be a PG rated film.

Uh no they can't, DH must be PG-13 because of increased violence and intense action. And it's confirmed that DH is PG-13.

star-dust
03-10-10, 04:16

I watched it about an hour ago on Youtube. She is such a down to earth woman who is just very inspiring. I really enjoyed it. She is truly amazing. :)

dizzydoil
03-10-10, 19:57
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1792/1286107352379.gif

touchthesky
03-10-10, 20:02
Irrational?

No.

Love2Raid
03-10-10, 23:27
LMAO! :vlol:
Irrational?

No.
What do you see in that ferret? :tea:

scoopy_loopy
03-10-10, 23:28

PWNED! :vlol:

peeves
04-10-10, 00:04
I'll be looking forward to Dobby's Burial scene the most in DH and also can't wait to here the music for that I wonder what that scene will be like and how hard dan will cry.

xcrushterx
04-10-10, 00:05
Omfg do you have some kind of crying fetish?!?! You're obsessed!

scoopy_loopy
04-10-10, 00:26
I didn't like Dan's cry-acting in PoA, I felt it was fake. I easily feel he's the weakest actor in the "trio".

peeves
04-10-10, 00:27
I didn't like Dan's cry-acting in PoA, I felt it was fake. I easily feel he's the weakest actor in the "trio".

Indeed that wasn't really crying in PoA he didn't really cry he was mad and ****ed off just like PS when vernon threw harry's mail in the fire.

star-dust
04-10-10, 00:27
I'll be looking forward to Dobby's Burial scene the most in DH and also can't wait to here the music for that I wonder what that scene will be like and how hard dan will cry.

I hope that this scene is a lot more epic than Dumbledore's poorly done death. In the books Dumbledore is great and his death was a huge wave of sorrow and I got nothing from the movie. Dobby is such a unique character, who loves Harry so much, I hope the scene is very moving because in the book I cried like a baby.

scoopy_loopy
04-10-10, 00:36
I hope that this scene is a lot more epic than Dumbledore's poorly done death. In the books Dumbledore is great and his death was a huge wave of sorrow and I got nothing from the movie. Dobby is such a unique character, who loves Harry so much, I hope the scene is very moving because in the book I cried like a baby.

God I hope so. His death in the movie was craptacular.

peeves
04-10-10, 00:37
God I hope so. His death in the movie was craptacular.

The only good part of Dumbledore's Death was the mourning scene where all the students rose their wands to get rid of the dark mark and the emotional music.

scoopy_loopy
04-10-10, 00:43
The only good part of Dumbledore's Death was the mourning scene where all the students rose their wands to get rid of the dark mark and the emotional music.

That was quite lovely, yes, but I still don't think they should've chopped the funeral.

star-dust
04-10-10, 05:54

I still feel that the mourning scene wasn't strong enough.
There was no tears shed in that scene, or none that I could see. That disappointed me for many reasons... ie. Dumbledore was very great.

peeves
04-10-10, 12:38
I still feel that the mourning scene wasn't strong enough.
There was no tears shed in that scene, or none that I could see. That disappointed me for many reasons... ie. Dumbledore was very great.

Actually Harry and all the other students shed tears.

Rivendell
06-10-10, 16:12
For those who care: DH-1 has been officially rated PG-13 in the USA.

Lara Fan 4Life
06-10-10, 17:52
There was no tears shed in that scene, or none that I could see. That disappointed me for many reasons...

Actually, there was, one being very clear from Luna! ;)

trXD
06-10-10, 18:37
I think the dumbledore death thing could have been handled a lot better in the movie as well, but I always knew it was never going to be as sad in the movie as in the book. The thing that really got to me when he died, was harry's thoughts during the funeral, and his sad realization of what the death would mean and how all of hogwarts suffered a terrible loss.

peeves
06-10-10, 20:19
I still can't get over the fact that HBP wasn't PG-13. At least DH is. The 1st, 2nd, and 4th potter 4-quels ,ie GoF, OotP, DH, are PG-13 but the 3rd 4-quel HBP is PG.

Love2Raid
06-10-10, 22:43
Does anyone else think that Severus Snape is one of the most, if not the most interesting character from the HP series?

Shark_Blade
07-10-10, 00:26
Nah, Hermione is the most interesting for me. :ton:

peeves
07-10-10, 01:04
I always thought Voldemort was the most interesting. ;) :D :mis:

Shark_Blade
07-10-10, 01:29
Voldy? Please. He can't even get his outfit right, looking like a black-see-through night gown. :p

In the books, he's awesome.

robm_2007
07-10-10, 03:40
Does anyone else think that Severus Snape is one of the most, if not the most interesting character from the HP series?

yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.ye s.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes. :pi:

he is my favorite character, from any medium. :D

Ada the Mental
07-10-10, 11:33
Yeah, he really is one of the best, most interesting characters in the series but I still think he's an asshole. I hate how fangirls keep romanticizing him!

scoopy_loopy
07-10-10, 11:54
^
Ja, me too :p

What I find really interesting is that in slash pairings, fangirls seem to go for the cruel/mysterious guys and the gays often just go the obviously hot ones :vlol:

peeves
07-10-10, 12:27
Yeah, he really is one of the best, most interesting characters in the series but I still think he's an asshole. I hate how fangirls keep romanticizing him!

Why do you think he's an asshole? Just because he killed dumbledore and let the death eaters destroy hogwarts?

scoopy_loopy
07-10-10, 12:34
Why do you think he's an asshole? Just because he killed dumbledore and let the death eaters destroy hogwarts?

I thought what he did to Lily and Harry was quite cruel, too - moreso than what you've mentioned as it was somewhat necessary. Those 2 points did prove he was quite a cold person, though.

Ada the Mental
07-10-10, 12:39
Because, as far as we are told, the only reason he switched sides was Lily's death, not because he saw the error of his ways. Had Voldemort chosen to kill Neville instead of Harry or only killed James he probably would have remained a Death Eater.

Also, being a horrible excuse for a teacher. :p

McGloomy
08-10-10, 08:07
I love how Philosopher's Stone was rated
PG for some scary moments and mild language
and nine years later Deathly Hallows is rated
PG-13 for some sequences of intense action violence and frightening images.
Way to go! Apparently they stay close to their source material. :D

]{eith
08-10-10, 08:16
http://i55.************/2vl4rig.jpg

[/universe]

scoopy_loopy
08-10-10, 13:27
^
I saw that on tumblr the other day: fell into unrequited love.

xcrushterx
08-10-10, 15:03
Omfg. <3

Tonyrobinson
08-10-10, 19:37
Great/Bad new depending on what your looking at it like. But it's been confirmed that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 is no longer going to be a 3D feature but 2D instead! :D

For Immediate Release

Statement from Warner Bros. regarding “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1:”

Warner Bros Pictures has made the decision to release “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1” in 2D, in both conventional and IMAX theaters, as we will not have a completed 3D version of the film within our release date window. Despite everyone’s best efforts, we were unable to convert the film in its entirety and meet the highest standards of quality. We do not want to disappoint fans who have long-anticipated the conclusion of this extraordinary journey, and to that end, we are releasing our film day-and-date on November 19, 2010 as planned. We, in alignment with our filmmakers, believe this is the best course to take in order to ensure that our audiences enjoy the consummate “Harry Potter” experience.

Producer David Heyman said, “For 10 years, we have worked alongside Alan Horn and the studio, whose priority has always been to preserve the integrity of Jo Rowling’s books as we have adapted them to the screen, and this decision reflects that commitment.”

Director David Yates continued, “This decision, which we completely support, underscores the fact that Warner Bros. has always put quality first.”

As scheduled, on July 15, 2011, we will deliver to conventional and IMAX theaters our final installment of the film franchise, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” in both 2D and 3D formats.

http://www.collider.com/2010/10/08/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-i-3d-canceled/

Plus in another interview another Death Eater speaks of more of his editted/cut scenes:

It was all a bit of a shock and they pruned down my torture scenes where I beat up Rupert, call him ginger and stamp on him. It’s going to be great, there is loads going on and then there is the second film which is going to be absolutely spectacular!

I would personally love an R-rated directors cut! :vlol:

Mytly
08-10-10, 20:34
Nope. He's an interesting character, but definitely not the most. :p

... but I still think he's an asshole. I hate how fangirls keep romanticizing him!
Agreed 100%.

Because, as far as we are told, the only reason he switched sides was Lily's death, not because he saw the error of his ways. Had Voldemort chosen to kill Neville instead of Harry or only killed James he probably would have remained a Death Eater.

Agreed 200%, especially the bolded bit. I can't believe that Dumbledore allowed such an asshole to torture thousands of students over the years. :hea:

robm_2007
08-10-10, 20:35
Yeah, he really is one of the best, most interesting characters in the series but I still think he's an asshole.

he was quite an asshole at times, but he actually had substance to his character. he cold, sarcastic, and downright cruel; i loved every moment of it.

yes, he was not a good teacher figure, but he was well educated to be the Potions teacher.

LIES!!!!

who do you think is the most interseting?

star-dust
09-10-10, 19:59
Actually Harry and all the other students shed tears.

It still wasn't powerful enough for me...
But now I'm going to have to go back and watch this movie very carefully to see. :p

peeves
10-10-10, 23:52
It still wasn't powerful enough for me...
But now I'm going to have to go back and watch this movie very carefully to see. :p

Maybe you're right. It really wasn't powerful for me only the music was powerful.

Rivendell
13-10-10, 19:27
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8383/dhluciusbellatrix.jpg

robm_2007
13-10-10, 22:11
HBC is just golden as Bellatrix Lestrange.http://www.smileysnetwork.com/manchots/rotfl.gif

Lara's home
13-10-10, 22:13
Came across this article. I want to send this woman a garden.
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/harry-potter-vs-twilight/articles/29813/title/why-harry-potter-better-than-twilight

robm_2007
13-10-10, 23:05
that was a wonderful article. ive never read T or watched any of the movies, but all ppl seem to talk about is how they are either for sex with a dead body or an animal.

it just seems like Days of Our Lives but with mythologically-incorrect creatures.

Rai
13-10-10, 23:19
That's a very good article. I haven't read Twilight, so I can't comment on the differences, but the writer of the article obviously has and made some good arguments for HP.

I tried reading Twilight. I read the first chapter - I'm rather reluctant to continue.

Love2Raid
14-10-10, 00:24
Voldy? Please. He can't even get his outfit right, looking like a black-see-through night gown. :p

In the books, he's awesome.
:vlol:
Yeah, movie Voldy sucks big time.
yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.ye s.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.yes. :pi:

he is my favorite character, from any medium. :D
:tmb::tmb::hug:

He switched sides when he found out how Voldemort had interpreted the profecy, so indeed for selfish reasons. He is a jerk, that I can´t disagree with. :p
But I love the development of him throughout the series. He is about the only character that you really hate when you read the first book and feel sympathy for when you finish the last one. His fate touched me more than Dumbledore´s.
{eith;4932088']http://i55.************/2vl4rig.jpg

[/universe]
ROFLMAO!!!
:vlol::vlol:

Agreed 100%.

Agreed 200%, especially the bolded bit. I can't believe that Dumbledore allowed such an asshole to torture thousands of students over the years. :hea:
I think he´s indeed a jerk, but he wasn´t that bad towards other students, mostly towards Harry. Harry, the son of the man he hated so much and the woman he loved so much. Dumbledore had to keep him so that he could play spy for Voldy, but that doesn´t explain why he let him stay there during the years everyone believed Voldy was gone forever. Though Dumbledore always knew he would come back...
Bellatrix! Isn´t she awesome? :D
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/harry-potter-vs-twilight/articles/29813/title/why-harry-potter-better-than-twilight
:tmb::tmb::tmb:

Tonyrobinson
14-10-10, 00:36
I love this Twilight type poster:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/84186/normal_films_dh_promotional_part1posters_08.jpg

But I like this pairing better. :D

http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/albums/userpics/84186/normal_films_dh_promotional_part1posters_07.jpg

scoopy_loopy
14-10-10, 00:49
^
I love Watson in that dress! :D

Lucius is looking damn fine there! :cln: HBC, is divine, as always.

Sir Croft
14-10-10, 01:09
{eith;4932088']http://i55.************/2vl4rig.jpg

[/universe]

*dies*

This is made of win.

scoopy_loopy
14-10-10, 06:29
Eh. Just skimread the article. I agree that Harry Potter is so much better than Twilight, of course, the Article is just so poorly written and sticks of fangasm.

touchthesky
14-10-10, 15:53
Twilight and Harry potter are two completely seperate things...dunno why retards need to compare them.

Ada the Mental
14-10-10, 16:02
The HP vs Twilight wars can be really fun, but I don't get people who seriously compare them.

I think he´s indeed a jerk, but he wasn´t that bad towards other students, mostly towards Harry. Harry, the son of the man he hated so much and the woman he loved so much. Dumbledore had to keep him so that he could play spy for Voldy, but that doesn´t explain why he let him stay there during the years everyone believed Voldy was gone forever. Though Dumbledore always knew he would come back...

Nah, it wasn't just Harry. The way he treated Hermione and Neville is inexcusable.

Lara's home
14-10-10, 21:50
Twilight and Harry potter are two completely seperate things...dunno why retards need to compare them.

It's the same as Uncharted and Tomb Raider, really.
The only reason (i think..), is because Twilight sold better than one of the HP books, or something. Similar to Uncharted, no?

Nah, it wasn't just Harry. The way he treated Hermione and Neville is inexcusable.

That bothered me a lot. I'd report him. He should not in any way be able to keep his job.

Squibbly
15-10-10, 02:12

scoopy_loopy
15-10-10, 06:34
Better late than never! Have fun with it :D

Lara's home
15-10-10, 13:15
One of my close friends told me about how great HP is two years ago but for some reason I never got around to reading the books. Another friend today recommended them, soo, finally going to give them a go. I have all the books here, may as well!

Well, keep in mind that the first 3 books are very childish. It's the fourth and upward that the books "mature", really.

Squibbly
15-10-10, 13:18
Yep, my friend told me that, too. :D

Lara's home
15-10-10, 13:20
Looks like you are all set then!
Enjoy. ;)

star-dust
15-10-10, 18:49
I'm late to the party. I've never read Harry Potter, and only vaguely saw the first movie around the time it was released.

One of my close friends told me about how great HP is two years ago but for some reason I never got around to reading the books. Another friend today recommended them, soo, finally going to give them a go. I have all the books here, may as well!

:tmb:
Have fun reading them!
I have been rereading them and I forgot how much I liked them.

Mytly
15-10-10, 21:19
He was a poor teacher. Harry learns more about Potions in a few months from Snape's scribbles in his own school textbook than he ever does from Snape himself in 5 years. Which just goes to show that in spite of knowing his material, Snape was terrible at imparting it to others, i.e. teaching, which is the job he was paid to do.

Also, he showed blatant favouritism towards Slytherin, and he treated all non-Slytherin students like crap (he was even worse to Neville than to Harry).

Love2Raid
15-10-10, 22:24
He was a poor teacher. Harry learns more about Potions in a few months from Snape's scribbles in his own school textbook than he ever does from Snape himself in 5 years. Which just goes to show that in spite of knowing his material, Snape was terrible at imparting it to others, i.e. teaching, which is the job he was paid to do.

Also, he showed blatant favouritism towards Slytherin, and he treated all non-Slytherin students like crap (he was even worse to Neville than to Harry).
Okay you convinced me, he sucks. :vlol:
Dumbledore probably wanted to keep him close in case he (Snape) had to play his role as a double-spy again, since he knew Voldemort would return.

Shark_Blade
16-10-10, 15:00
Watching Half Blood Prince again.

Ah, I forgot how charming Luna is, in a ditzy kinda way. :D

scoopy_loopy
16-10-10, 15:14
I like her far more in the books/in my head. The actress is very pretty, but I just don't like her character in the movies.

Dream_Raider
17-10-10, 06:58
I like Luna. She's a bit more weird in my head, but movie Luna suits me just fine....

peeves
17-10-10, 19:14
So only a month away from the release of the first half of movie 7. ;) :D

Mytly
17-10-10, 20:01
Okay you convinced me, he sucks. :vlol:
Dumbledore probably wanted to keep him close in case he (Snape) had to play his role as a double-spy again, since he knew Voldemort would return.
Aww, I wasn't really trying to convince you of that. I just like arguing about HP stuff. :D

I like her far more in the books/in my head. The actress is very pretty, but I just don't like her character in the movies.
I don't dislike the movie character, but I do think that they made her too stereotypically new-agey-granola-girl. The book Luna is just an oddball (a very nice oddball, no doubt), but the movie Luna comes off as some sort of 'wise woman' (especially in the scene with the Thestrals in OotP).

JonnyT
20-10-10, 19:59
7lrmxlra6XI

:D I can't wait to see it :p

Lara's home
20-10-10, 20:03
Gah, I'm so sick of them changing everything in order to make it look cool...

dizzydoil
20-10-10, 20:32
7lrmxlra6XI

:D I can't wait to see it :p
:eek:

That's just beyond words. It's like... just, wow, lol. :cln:

Shark_Blade
20-10-10, 20:51
Lara's Home : I'm okay as long as the story makes sense and they deliver the crucial stories into place.

I just watched some of JK Rowling's interview on youtube. She really is a very unique individual. So wise and graceful, yet down to earth, funny and sweet. I'm just grateful that we're living in the same era with great people like her. Genius like that doesn't come often, they only come once.

Dream_Raider
22-10-10, 08:19
^ Totally agree. 'Nuff said.

Damn, that trailer got me so nostalgic. I loved the way Voldy said "I must be tho one to kill Harry Potter." I dunno why. I just did. And it's Ollivander saying "You really don't stand a chance", right?

I hope they don't screw this one up, cuz then I'll be maaaaaad.

Lara's home
22-10-10, 17:45
Lara's Home : I'm okay as long as the story makes sense and they deliver the crucial stories into place.
How far does it have to go before it bothers you? :p
When the death eaters destroyed the weaslies' home? When Harry made Ginny hide the book somewhere while he closed his eyes? When Harry and the gang ued magic outside hogwarts? Neville doing dobbies scenes? When they are using magic in public.. on the ROAD! :p
God, so many examples, so little time..

Sorry, but I also think it's fine with small changes.. But HP, especially the sixth film changes EVERYTHING, which will lead to this movie having tons of differences.

Shark_Blade
24-10-10, 15:08
Not at all. I don't blame them for not cramming every single details in the books since they have their own limitation, which is the time limit.

I feel that the movies are great as they are, as long as they deliver most of the integral and important parts from the books.

Let's take for example, Dobby's role being replaced by Neville in Goblet of Fire. It would have been much more complex and time consuming to explain why was he in Hogwarts after being freed from elf-slavery, and if he's available in the movie, they would have to introduce Winky (as it's pointless just to make Dobby show up like a cameo just to help Harry and didn't add up to the story), and then they have to include Winky's crime and all, and it will further more complicate the story. Not only does the replacement by Neville cut things short and simple (since he's Harry's friend and Harry can completely trust him), it can also help gives Neville more screen time.

Does the change of characters really change or affect the main plot at all? Nope. Cedric still died, and the Dark Lord was reborn-ed again, and the fake Moody was unmasked. Some things just can't be included in the films (for e.g. instance like Peeves the Poltergeist) as it will further complicate and deviate too far from the story telling they wish to go for the movies, so that audiences who didn't read/follow the books can enjoy it as well.

anniversarytr11
24-10-10, 15:19
Peeves in one thing I did look forward to seeing in the film though :( whats the release date of the film by the way?

peeves
25-10-10, 13:37
Peeves in one thing I did look forward to seeing in the film though :( whats the release date of the film by the way?

November 19th for the first half of the final movie. And as for the second half July 15th 2011 but may be changed to July 13th.

Tonyrobinson
26-10-10, 00:18
Hey for those who don't already know the tracklistings for HP7.1 are released. 26 songs!!!

1-1 Obliviate - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-2 Snape to Malfoy Manor - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-3 Polyjuice Potion - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-4 Sky Battle - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-5 At The Burrow - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-6 Harry and Ginny - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-7 The Will - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-8 Death Eaters - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-9 Dobby - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-10 Ministry of Magic - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-11 Detonators - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-12 The Locket - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-13 Fireplaces Escape - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-14 Ron Leaves - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-15 The Exodus - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-16 Godric's Hollow Graveyard - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-17 Bathilda Bagshot - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-18 Hermione's Parents - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-19 Destroying the Locket - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-20 Ron's Speech - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-21 Lovegood - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-22 The Deathly Hallows - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-23 Captured and Tortured - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-24 Rescuing Hermione - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-25 Farewell to Dobby - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys
1-26 The Elder Wand - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys

Rai
26-10-10, 16:54
How far does it have to go before it bothers you? :p
When the death eaters destroyed the weaslies' home? When Harry made Ginny hide the book somewhere while he closed his eyes? When Harry and the gang ued magic outside hogwarts? Neville doing dobbies scenes? When they are using magic in public.. on the ROAD! :p
God, so many examples, so little time..

Sorry, but I also think it's fine with small changes.. But HP, especially the sixth film changes EVERYTHING, which will lead to this movie having tons of differences.

This did bother me a lot actually (although it was Ginny who told Harry to hide the bok and to close his eyes). I mean how on earth is Harry meant to remember where 'he' hid the book when he looks for Ravenclaw's diadem now? A small thing maybe and maybe the director found a different way to do it.

But I agree with Shark Blade, there are things, such as Neville replacing Dobby, though slightly annoying to us fans, there is legitimate reasons to do it that way, as with other changes or things left out. Film producers and directors have to consider the time span of the film and how certain things effect the main plot. As long as the main plot still makes sense, some changes aren't such a huge deal. We love these things in the books, but you simply can't have everything in the books be 100% portrayed in the films, it just wouldn't be practical.

peeves
26-10-10, 19:25
Hey for those who don't already know the tracklistings for HP7.1 are released. 26 songs!!!
1-25 Farewell to Dobby - London Symphony Orchestra - Clive Bell - Jakob Lindberg - Alexandre Desplat - London Voices - The London Oratory Boys

When will the Farewell to Dobby track be released online for me to listen to? I'm dying to listen to that track so badly :hea: :(

silver_wolf
26-10-10, 21:37
Samples (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00494M52O/) from the OST can be listened to on Amazon now!
Sounds pretty good I say! "Harry and Ginny" especially gave me chills, and I like how dark "Snape to Malfoy Manor" is. :D I also like the sort of "heist movie" sound to "Ministry of Magic"

Sharon_14
26-10-10, 22:04
i still can't believe dumbledore gets killed. :(

lol.

Lara's home
26-10-10, 22:06
Not at all. I don't blame them for not cramming every single details in the books since they have their own limitation, which is the time limit.

I feel that the movies are great as they are, as long as they deliver most of the integral and important parts from the books.

Let's take for example, Dobby's role being replaced by Neville in Goblet of Fire. It would have been much more complex and time consuming to explain why was he in Hogwarts after being freed from elf-slavery, and if he's available in the movie, they would have to introduce Winky (as it's pointless just to make Dobby show up like a cameo just to help Harry and didn't add up to the story), and then they have to include Winky's crime and all, and it will further more complicate the story. Not only does the replacement by Neville cut things short and simple (since he's Harry's friend and Harry can completely trust him), it can also help gives Neville more screen time.

Does the change of characters really change or affect the main plot at all? Nope. Cedric still died, and the Dark Lord was reborn-ed again, and the fake Moody was unmasked. Some things just can't be included in the films (for e.g. instance like Peeves the Poltergeist) as it will further complicate and deviate too far from the story telling they wish to go for the movies, so that audiences who didn't read/follow the books can enjoy it as well.

You bring up good points, but they are making 2 films out of the seventh, are they not? They should have done it with the fourth, and sixth. Those films were complete abomonations, compared to the book, imo.
Also, if only the main parts are included, then Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a good adaption too, right?
Because they were being "time efficient" in the prior films, they will have tons of more explaining to do in this, except if they change everything here too, of course.

Tonyrobinson
26-10-10, 23:58
Woah! From those samples this is possibly going to be the best HP Soundtrack of the series. But where is Hedwigs theme!?

silver_wolf
27-10-10, 00:19
I know, I really liked Nicholas Hooper's work with the last two, but this one sounds great. And I think Hedwig's Theme is in there, they probably just didn't include it in the samples because they want to show off the new stuff.
Or, and I think this would be cool, maybe we don't hear the theme until the end of the second part, for a final time when it's all over.
I just made myself sad. :(

Shark_Blade
27-10-10, 14:38
You bring up good points, but they are making 2 films out of the seventh, are they not? They should have done it with the fourth, and sixth. Those films were complete abomonations, compared to the book, imo.
Also, if only the main parts are included, then Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a good adaption too, right?
Because they were being "time efficient" in the prior films, they will have tons of more explaining to do in this, except if they change everything here too, of course.
Here is my point of view:

Making a two-parter movies should be treated cautiously. If we look at the demographic of the audience, not all of them are the fans, we should also consider the little children and the casual movie goers that doesn't really get into the books and just in it for the thrill ride.

Now if the studio decided to make HP4 part 1 and HP4 part2, HP 5 part 1, HP 5 part 2,etc...it will endanger the franchise from being overexpose - too much screening time on the cinema, and it could also resulting moviegoers getting tired of HP. It's too much and too little. Once they finished HP 4 part 1, they need to wait 6 moths/1 year for the second part which could really water down the whole experience and excitement if done separately.

Deathly Hallows on the other hand is a different approach - it will be the end of an all time best selling movie franchise, and the studio is giving the fans their last bow with a special two parter. Since it is the finale, I feel that they can really avoid the risk of overexposure here. People will really crowd the cinema for the last time in two parts. Also, it will hopefully please the fans more since they have more time limit and cram more details from the book.

If you're aware, even great films like Lord of the Rings were done in one movie for each volume of the books. Again, I believe it is to avoid from overexposure, and preventing the public from getting tired of them. Too much of a good thing is always bad for you. ;) *eye twinkle*

daventry
27-10-10, 14:51
Apparently there are Ultimate Edition Movies of Harry Potters with Extra Scenes on Blue Ray, when will they come on Normal DVD's

silver_wolf
27-10-10, 14:59
they're all going to be released in Ultimate Editions. Go to Amazon.

egypt_gypsie
27-10-10, 15:58
I might have to pick a few of those ultimate editions xD

peeves
27-10-10, 16:09
Anyway i heard Dobby's Farewell soundtrack it sounds pretty good though not as good as Cedric's and Dumbledore's but still pretty good. ;) :D And i hefta agree with Sharkblade about waiting too long in between parts for the 4th 5th and 6th movies if they decided to do 2 parts of those movies. So that's why they only did 1 part for those movies. Even though lots of stuff was cut from the book in the 4th and 5th films i still liked them because they were epic. The 6th movie wasn't so good IMO because it didn't have enough serious violence in it and had too much comedy in it the only good parts of the 6th movie was the cave scene and dumbledore's death scene and tribute and the part where snape leads the death eaters out of the castle. Other than that it seems pretty pointless to me.

silver_wolf
27-10-10, 16:30
Well not a lot of action takes place in the 6th book. Really they had all the action scenes in the movie, they even added a few.

peeves
27-10-10, 21:08
Well not a lot of action takes place in the 6th book. Really they had all the action scenes in the movie, they even added a few.

Well the epic part of the 6th book they omitted from the film was the battle scene at hogwarts after dumbledore's death.

TombRaiderLover
27-10-10, 21:27
Apparently there are Ultimate Edition Movies of Harry Potters with Extra Scenes on Blue Ray, when will they come on Normal DVD'sThey already are.

silver_wolf
28-10-10, 01:36
Well the epic part of the 6th book they omitted from the film was the battle scene at hogwarts after dumbledore's death.
Yeah, but probably because there's going to be an even more EPIC battle coming up... :jmp:

daventry
28-10-10, 06:46
I cant wait :D

Rivendell
28-10-10, 06:56
Yeah, but probably because there's going to be an even more EPIC battle coming up... :jmp:

That's exactly why they did it. And because of what's been before. The end of HP4 and HP5 included fights against the Death Eaters, and so HP6 was toned down in order to help ramp up tension by the end of the final film.

I'm a stickler for things they left out of the film, but on this instance I was surprised to not mind, because they atmosphere that oozed throughout the entire scenes the times the DE's were present in Hogwarts, was brilliant, I think.

:tmb:

Dream_Raider
28-10-10, 11:14
Okay, on the soundtracks page, WHY is there a soundtrack called "Hermione's Parents"?
Oh, looks like I stepped into a debate :p Okay, then, how does *possibly* adding Hermione's parents to the movies make 'em better?

I prefer the books, I don't like seeing them cut, copied, pasted and modified in the movies, but I like the movies if I consider them as this whole other thing, and avoid comparing it with the book

EDIT: I loved the Bathilda Bagshot Soundtrack!

Tonyrobinson
28-10-10, 15:01
Okay, on the soundtracks page, WHY is there a soundtrack called "Hermione's Parents"?
Oh, looks like I stepped into a debate :p Okay, then, how does *possibly* adding Hermione's parents to the movies make 'em better?

I prefer the books, I don't like seeing them cut, copied, pasted and modified in the movies, but I like the movies if I consider them as this whole other thing, and avoid comparing it with the book

EDIT: I loved the Bathilda Bagshot Soundtrack!

Presumably it's to play up the sadness leading to the sexually tensioned teenage cheer up dance between Hermione and Harry. :D

touchthesky
28-10-10, 17:45
http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2010/10/daniel_radcliffe_bra.jpg

xD!!

silver_wolf
28-10-10, 20:44
:vlol: I can't wait for that scene :D Oh, and is that Bill behind him/her??

Rivendell
28-10-10, 20:45
Nice bra, Daniel. :pi:

Mytly
28-10-10, 21:13
"Don't look at me, Bill! I'm 'ideous!" :D