PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34

Your_Envy*
28-06-11, 21:16
Which Dumbledore?
Richard Harris or Michael Gambon

Uh, hard one. Harris had that look of the greatest wizard in the world, but he still had some simple, funny part, like the Dumbledore from books. I also liked his beard more, it's white and long (and full of secrets :p).

I got used to Gambon, and I love him in HBP. I wasn't so sure if I like the new Dumby or not until HPB. He was perfect there, he represented the book Dumbledore amazingly.

I still have this in my HP file. :ton:

http://www.shrani.si/f/1O/lW/4YLUqWeR/2/comicbookvsmoviedumbledo.jpg

Ian McKellen could be perfect too. I think Gandalf and Dumbledore are really too similar though. Especially Gandalf the white. :p

You should answer too, italibabee! :D

Sir Croft
28-06-11, 22:48
^:vlol:

peeves
28-06-11, 23:01
Uh, hard one. Harris had that look of the greatest wizard in the world, but he still had some simple, funny part, like the Dumbledore from books. I also liked his beard more, it's white and long (and full of secrets :p).

I got used to Gambon, and I love him in HBP. I wasn't so sure if I like the new Dumby or not until HPB. He was perfect there, he represented the book Dumbledore amazingly.

I still have this in my HP file. :ton:

http://www.shrani.si/f/1O/lW/4YLUqWeR/2/comicbookvsmoviedumbledo.jpg

Ian McKellen could be perfect too. I think Gandalf and Dumbledore are really too similar though. Especially Gandalf the white. :p

You should answer too, italibabee! :D

I still like the movie dumbledore better.

Your_Envy*
29-06-11, 10:22
^ That's because you never read the books, you can't even compare them then.

I saw this zillion times but I always laugh like crazy. :vlol:

http://www.shrani.si/f/33/nb/2IylkMf3/1/tumblrlccpamwspo1qf2kbko.jpg

peeves
29-06-11, 12:33
^ That's because you never read the books, you can't even compare them then.

I saw this zillion times but I always laugh like crazy. :vlol:

http://www.shrani.si/f/33/nb/2IylkMf3/1/tumblrlccpamwspo1qf2kbko.jpg

That's because i don't like reading books.

Tonyrobinson
29-06-11, 13:38
I loved Michael Gambon's Dumbledore in POA he was eccentric and mysterious and a little bit mental just like in the books. He nailed the book Dumbledore. Richard Harris was good too albiet a bit old his voice wasn't how I imagined Dumbledore's it was much too weak and shaky compared to Gambon. :)

Reading the books before the movies as a bed time story made me imagine Dumbledore like Merlin with midnight blue and silver robes, he reminded me of Santa Claus in the movie though. :o

http://www.thekidswindow.co.uk/images/CMScontent/Image/merlinsmile.jpg

Marianna12
29-06-11, 14:04

Good, but since you haven't read the books, you can't compare book Dumbledore with movie Dumbledore, that's what she's saying :p

Rivendell
29-06-11, 14:24

It's a shame. The books piss all over the films.

scoopy_loopy
29-06-11, 15:04
It's a shame. The books piss all over the films.

Preach.

Your_Envy*
29-06-11, 15:49
Oh my God, Nana just ordered the tickets. <3 Tell them the best part, babe. :mis:

:jmp:

Marianna12
29-06-11, 15:54
GUYS...I think we're going to see DH sooner than any of you :whi:

12/7 at 21:20pm we're watching DH part 1
...and then DH part 2 in 3D.

This is the happiest day of my life :cln: :jmp: :yah:

Your_Envy*
29-06-11, 16:02
GUYS...I think we're going to see DH sooner than any of you :whi:

12/7 at 21:20pm we're watching DH part 1
...and then DH part 2 in 3D.

This is the happiest day of my life :cln: :jmp: :yah:

Jajajajajajaja! :jmp: This is going to be the best day ever! :cln::cln:

peeves
29-06-11, 17:25
So when does DH P2 release in theaters in other countries like in Europe the UK etc? So the UK gets it the same day the US does.

ggctuk
29-06-11, 17:42
The soundtrack for Deathly Hallows part 2 has leaked in some circles, from what I can see.

Tonyrobinson
29-06-11, 17:43
So when does DH P2 release in theaters in other countries like in Europe the UK etc? So the UK gets it the same day the US does.

UK get it the same day as the US we used to get it a week earlier but we haven't since film 4. :)

peeves
29-06-11, 17:47
UK get it the same day as the US we used to get it a week earlier but we haven't since film 4. :)

So it appears ever since the first real good harry potter film the UK gets it the same as the US from films 4-7B.

Tonyrobinson
29-06-11, 17:50
Well, I just listened to the Soundtrack. Have to say it may just be the best one yet. :D

peeves
29-06-11, 18:17
Well, I just listened to the Soundtrack. Have to say it may just be the best one yet. :D

Snape's Demise wasn't so emotional for me.

irishhips
30-06-11, 19:22
Exclusive Clip - "Chamber of Secrets" (http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/exclusive:harrypotterandthedeathlyhallows:part2cha mberofsecrets-trailer/126230/2032987051) ;) (Contain Spoilers)

jajay119
01-07-11, 07:21
^ They need to stop, we've seen virtually all the movie through trailers now.

Shark_Blade
01-07-11, 07:28
^ They need to stop, we've seen virtually all the movie through trailers now.Yeah that's why I avoided most of the clips, I would've known what to expect in the end. I don't want a watered down HP finale experience. :p

Your_Envy*
01-07-11, 10:58
They should stop doing this! I didn't watch anything, except the trailer. And they showed too much in the trailer anyway. :pi:

Marianna12
01-07-11, 13:28
I have stopped watching them as well, I already feel too spoiled -_-

Your_Envy*
01-07-11, 14:14
I have stopped watching them as well, I already feel too spoiled -_-

11 days, m'lady. :mis:

peeves
01-07-11, 14:17
So i watched the clip and i didn't mind.

touchthesky
01-07-11, 16:47
Is anyone elses cinema doing the awesome 3d glasses? xD

ggctuk
01-07-11, 17:00
Is it me, or did the Chamber of Secrets seem smaller?

dizzydoil
01-07-11, 17:33
Is it me, or did the Chamber of Secrets seem smaller?
Or...the characters grew. :p

xcrushterx
01-07-11, 17:54
I'm kind of hoping that Hermione has some kind of reaction to the Basilisk since it, you know, turned her to stone.

ggctuk
01-07-11, 18:29
The Basilisk (or what's left of it) seems the same size though.

peeves
01-07-11, 23:16
Hermione probably will be the same when she sees the skeleton basilisk because it's dead.

Shark_Blade
02-07-11, 03:23
What is "Hermione will be the same"?:confused:

You should try reading the books, peeves. :pi:
After all, your name is in it.

Tonyrobinson
02-07-11, 11:52
If anything book Hermione would forgive it because she's almost as bad as PETA. :p

irishmadboy
02-07-11, 13:49
I can't wait till the last movie comes out and Harry Potter dies :rolleyes:

blufan
02-07-11, 13:57
^wut?! are you sure you know what you're talking about?:o

xcrushterx
02-07-11, 14:17
^wut?! are you sure you know what you're talking about?:o
By "Harry Potter" he doesn't mean Harry the character, but the franchise as a whole.

touchthesky
02-07-11, 14:28
To the people that haven't read the books. I'm sorry but I cannot contain it any more.

Dumbledore isn't dead. He's a serial killer from Milwaukee and the end of the book contains a scene with him sticking a knife into random house elves for fun.

Phew. Glad to get that out!

Tonyrobinson
02-07-11, 15:03
You forgot to mention the erotic sex scene between him, McGonagall and Hagrid. ;)

scoopy_loopy
02-07-11, 16:01
You forgot to mention the erotic sex scene between him, McGonagall and Hagrid. ;)

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx211/Raeyn91/gifs/ea8b207b.gif

Your_Envy*
02-07-11, 16:43

Cool story bro. :tmb:

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx211/Raeyn91/gifs/ea8b207b.gif

LMAO! :vlol: Amazing gif! Mulan. <3

touchthesky
02-07-11, 17:30
I doubt Harry Potter will just "die" to be honest. Don't forget, for a lot of people Potter ended with the books, and they are still huge fans.

People have taken Harry on as more than a character in pop culture..he's become a friend, a guidance. He's helped a lot of people through hard times. Harry Potter certainly won't be dying in my house hold!:jmp:

/Cheese.

Marianna12
02-07-11, 18:55
^ I love you <3

BlackRainbow
02-07-11, 21:33
I doubt Harry Potter will just "die" to be honest. Don't forget, for a lot of people Potter ended with the books, and they are still huge fans.

People have taken Harry on as more than a character in pop culture..he's become a friend, a guidance. He's helped a lot of people through hard times. Harry Potter certainly won't be dying in my house hold!:jmp:

/Cheese.
You're absolutely right.

I grew up with the Harry Potter books and I'll never forget the world they took me to whenever I read them. :hug:

Rai
02-07-11, 22:10

By "Harry Potter" he doesn't mean Harry the character, but the franchise as a whole.

I took the statement to mean that he thinks, in the film, Harry dies. Hence the rolls eyes emote. Maybe you're right though xcrushterx.

peeves
02-07-11, 23:55
Next weekend they're doing harry potter weekend again for 5 days supposedly they're showing the first 5 films on ABC Family.

Tonyrobinson
03-07-11, 18:18
On HPF somebody mentioned that there was a possible plot hole in COS. If the basilisk venom destroys Horcruxes why did the Horcrux in Harry not die when it bit him. :p

My thoughts are that it's just because he was human or because Fawkes healed him. :)

xcrushterx
03-07-11, 18:32
My thoughts are that it's just because he was human or because Fawkes healed him. :)
Or because Harry's body didn't actually die.

Nerd For Life
03-07-11, 18:40

My oh my, aren't you edgy?

Tonyrobinson
03-07-11, 18:42
Or because Harry's body didn't actually die.

But was it his body that needed to die wasn't the Horcrux just Harry's blood since that's what Voldemort was resurrected from? :confused:

Anyway I guess we'll never know. :tea:

Edit: Wait a minute actually. Harry might not have been a Horcrux in COS it wasn't until GOF that the blood was transfered being used as a tool to resurrect the soul. :)

Rai
03-07-11, 18:51
^Dumbledore clearly explains to Harry, that Harry became a horcrux the night LV tried to kill him as a baby.

When Harry is poisoned by the basilisk venom, Harry doesn't 'die'/fall into unconsciousness as Fawkes heals him before that happens, so I guess the part of him that is the horcrux is still alive.

Tonyrobinson
03-07-11, 18:53
Ahhh, I may have to re-read once the film series ends then. :p

Mytly
03-07-11, 19:32
A horcrux is destroyed only when the vessel containing it is destroyed beyond repair. Harry was the 'vessel', and he was not destroyed - rather he was healed by the only antidote against basilisk venom, i.e. phoenix tears. So the horcrux survived. Harry's blood has no connection to the horcrux within him.

Your_Envy*
03-07-11, 21:11
^Dumbledore clearly explains to Harry, that Harry became a horcrux the night LV tried to kill him as a baby.

http://www.shrani.si/f/O/L0/Md6ifyy/1/b7446434.gif

When Harry is poisoned by the basilisk venom, Harry doesn't 'die'/fall into unconsciousness as Fawkes heals him before that happens, so I guess the part of him that is the horcrux is still alive.

Exactly my thoughts. The only difference is that Rai writes this in such a nice, understanding way. I'd complicate so much even I wouldn't understand what I was trying to say in the end. :pi:

jajay119
03-07-11, 21:54
On HPF somebody mentioned that there was a possible plot hole in COS. If the basilisk venom destroys Horcruxes why did the Horcrux in Harry not die when it bit him. :p

The way i understood it a horcrux in a person or animal works differently to that of an inanimate object. Because the horcrux is a part of the soul, and there is already a soul in the person animal, they have to die for that piece of a soul to be released. Making he horcrux more vulnerable as it is easier to destroy. That's why Harry didn't actually die, the curse LV cast on him killed his own soul but left harry's or part of it wihin his body which let him return to life. Either because it was a foreign in harry's body, it was the bit that died first. That's why in my opinion LV. Never intentionally made more than one animate horcrux.

Shark_Blade
04-07-11, 01:24
^I agree with that. Even Nagini has to die by Neville's sword buckling action for the horcrux to be destroyed. I was thinking earlier though, that if Harry's horcrux died after Harry died by Voldy's curse, why didn't Nagini survive as well? :confused:

Maybe the actual decapitation kill both of them. I mean, if Harry's head was decapitated, he won't survive as well I reckon. :p It doesn't work like magic I suppose.

Shark_Blade
04-07-11, 01:25
double post

jajay119
04-07-11, 06:53
^I agree with that. Even Nagini has to die by Neville's sword buckling action for the horcrux to be destroyed. I was thinking earlier though, that if Harry's horcrux died after Harry died by Voldy's curse, why didn't Nagini survive as well? :confused:

Maybe the actual decapitation kill both of them. I mean, if Harry's head was decapitated, he won't survive as well I reckon. :p It doesn't work like magic I suppose.

Exactly, Voldemort's curse attacks the soul, not the body presumable as in GoF when the Riddle's deaths are being described they show no signes of any injury, internal nor external. Thus the soul of the host and the part of Voldemort's soul are damaged but the host not, letting harry return to life. Where as when Neville decaptitated Nagini he irreparably harmed her body, but there may have been protection of her that stops any physical harm other than that can kill a horcrux, like the sword. As when Hermoine trys to use a curse that would physically damage her in Godrics Hollow, it doesn't work and rebounds. It also explains why Harry was also able to unconiciously or conciously, inexplicably protect himself from Voldemort a few times, the horcrux within him protecting itself from physical harm. The irony, Voldemort being defeated by a part of his own soul.

peeves
04-07-11, 21:20
So it appears when voldemort struck his killing curse at harry voldemort's soul was destroyed because the curse rebounded on harry protecting him because of the horcrux in his soul. Voldemort didn't wanna make harry a horcrux because he wouldn't be able to die with 1 strike of the killing curse. I still don't get how the horcrux in harry was destroyed because you need basilisk tooth or gryffindor sword to destroy it and voldemort's curse destroyed his own horcrux. It's probably that harry's soul horcrux was destroyed because nagini was killed i think voldemort put a horcrux in nagini that split the other half going in harry's soul.

Rivendell
04-07-11, 21:34
The AV Curse destroyed the fragment of Voldemort's Soul within Harry.
Basilisk Venom is just one way of destroying a Horcrux, not the only way.

Read the books already! The films don't tell half the story and miss out on so, so much vital detail.

peeves
05-07-11, 00:27
The AV Curse destroyed the fragment of Voldemort's Soul within Harry.
Basilisk Venom is just one way of destroying a Horcrux, not the only way.

Read the books already! The films don't tell half the story and miss out on so, so much vital detail.

Well the first 3 films and both DH parts follow the books but not exactly.

blufan
05-07-11, 03:35
So it appears when voldemort struck his killing curse at harry voldemort's soul was destroyed because the curse rebounded on harry protecting him because of the horcrux in his soul. Voldemort didn't wanna make harry a horcrux because he wouldn't be able to die with 1 strike of the killing curse. I still don't get how the horcrux in harry was destroyed because you need basilisk tooth or gryffindor sword to destroy it and voldemort's curse destroyed his own horcrux. It's probably that harry's soul horcrux was destroyed because nagini was killed i think voldemort put a horcrux in nagini that split the other half going in harry's soul.
the rebounding curse was because harry was the true master of the elder wand. and that just got me thinking.. i always wondered why the curse didn't rebound in the forest. i know that harry was able to come back because of the blood link between him and voldy but could it be that it was the elder wand all along, acting in favor of harry and projecting itself towards voldemort's soul instead and then at the battle, with no more horcrux to destroy, it rebounded completely to voldemort?:confused:

well even in those movies, a lot of parts are left out, especially in PoA and DH. but i'm pretty happy with DH. in fact, it's the best in the series yet.:tmb:

jajay119
05-07-11, 06:33

No, the first two movies are pretty much the only ones to follow the book exactly and even then there was stuff left out that wasn't necessary like the death day party in CoS. The third move is the one that differs from the book the most, there is so much left out of it.

the rebounding curse was because harry was the true master of the elder wand. and that just got me thinking.. i always wondered why the curse didn't rebound in the forest. i know that harry was able to come back because of the blood link between him and voldy but could it be that it was the elder wand all along, acting in favor of harry and projecting itself towards voldemort's soul instead and then at the battle, with no more horcrux to destroy, it rebounded completely to voldemort?:confused:

Because if the forest Harry willingly dies, he lets Voldemort attack him to kill the horcrux inside of him, he doesn't resist or fight, as he does later on in the great hall.

Also it may be important to mention that the elder wand seems to be the only wand capable of deflecting the avada kavavra curse, showing that it's more powerful than any other wand, which also explains why it is able to destroy a horcrux in a person.

Shark_Blade
05-07-11, 09:25
What annoyed me in Chamber of Secrets is this:

"Your bird may have blinded the Basilisk, but it can still....HEAR you!"

And I was like, wtf seriously? I feel that they wanted to make it more dramatic when the Basilisk slithered up near Harry in the tunnel (which he later threw a rock to distract the monster away). But come on, even that sounded stupid. Snakes can hardly hear you, they have very sensitive SMELL instinct. They should've stick to the book. :rolleyes:

Oh well, /end rant.

Oh heck no, Daniel with alcohol? :( Thank God he's against it now.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/harry-potters-radcliffe-i-became-so-reliant-on-alcohol/66444

LONDON (Reuters) - Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has revealed that he was so worried about his drinking that he vowed to give it up and has become teetotal.

The 21-year-old actor told GQ magazine that his life went off the rails for a time when he turned 18 and was filming "Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince."

"I became so reliant on (alcohol) to enjoy stuff," he said in an interview to be published in GQ's August edition. "There were a few years there when I was just so enamored with the idea of living some sort of famous person's lifestyle that really isn't suited to me."

Radcliffe says he was fortunate that the paparazzi never captured his worst behavior.

"I really got away with that because there were many instances when a shot like that could have been taken," he added.

Radcliffe, who says he has not touched a drop of alcohol since August last year, admitted that he would love to be a person that goes to parties and has a couple of drinks but that just doesn't work for him.

"I do that very unsuccessfully. I'd just rather sit at home and read, or talk to somebody that makes me laugh," he added. "There's no shame in enjoying the quiet life."

Radcliffe was just nine when he was picked to star in JK Rowling's Harry Potter series and, according to British press reports, has amassed a fortune of around 45 million pounds ($72 million)

The final Potter film, "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part II" has its premiere in London on Thursday and will hit the theatres on July 15.

peeves
05-07-11, 13:45
No, the first two movies are pretty much the only ones to follow the book exactly and even then there was stuff left out that wasn't necessary like the death day party in CoS. The third move is the one that differs from the book the most, there is so much left out of it.

Because if the forest Harry willingly dies, he lets Voldemort attack him to kill the horcrux inside of him, he doesn't resist or fight, as he does later on in the great hall.

Also it may be important to mention that the elder wand seems to be the only wand capable of deflecting the avada kavavra curse, showing that it's more powerful than any other wand, which also explains why it is able to destroy a horcrux in a person.

So the elder wand is why harry survived ok. But i thought DH follows through most of the book.

irishhips
05-07-11, 14:29
I notice in the last few years...I haven't see any harry potter toys in any major shops anymore. The last pile of toys i seen was Order of the phoenix. So where are the toys for film 6, 7?????

jajay119
05-07-11, 14:37
So the elder wand is why harry survived ok. But i thought DH follows through most of the book.

I don't understand what you mean :o

I notice in the last few years...I haven't see any harry potter toys in any major shops anymore. The last pile of toys i seen was Order of the phoenix. So where are the toys for film 6, 7?????
Considering that sort of thing is mainly for kids and many of the kids who are part of the Harry Potter era are now teens and young adults they may not feel there is a market for that sort of thing anymore. They still make the computer games.

Plus there isn't as much as a craze since the books came to an end now either.

irishhips
05-07-11, 14:48
Considering that sort of thing is mainly for kids and many of the kids who are part of the Harry Potter era are now teens and young adults they may not feel there is a market for that sort of thing anymore. They still make the computer games.

Plus there isn't as much as a craze since the books came to an end now either.I know but they usually make toys for each film....for marketing reasons.

I was reading online that there some christian group thinks that Harry Potter series is evil and it involes witchcraft....I was like WTF!!!! Harry Potter is fantasy thing, it not real. It not meant to taken seriously. The nerve of some people.

peeves
05-07-11, 15:04

So I'm surprised they stopped making toys for films 6 and 7 when they did for 4 and 5.

xcrushterx
05-07-11, 15:07
I was reading online that there some christian group thinks that Harry Potter series is evil and it involes witchcraft....I was like WTF!!!! Harry Potter is fantasy thing, it not real. It not meant to taken seriously. The nerve of some people.
Where have you been? :p People have been spouting that crap about HP being evil for years.

irishhips
05-07-11, 15:11
Where have you been? :p People have been spouting that crap about HP being evil for years. I was a busy person :p

peeves
05-07-11, 15:15
Honestly I don't think Harry Potter is an evil series it is fantasy not evil. Religious people think it's evil just because it has dark magic? That's nonsense.

irishhips
05-07-11, 15:16
Honestly I don't think Harry Potter is an evil series it is fantasy not evil. Religious people think it's evil just because it has dark magic? That's nonsense.Plus it's a story of good vs evil

peeves
05-07-11, 15:18
Plus it's a story of good vs evil

Exactly

blufan
05-07-11, 16:11

yeah. that makes sense.

i remember reading on mugglenet about schools banning HP books for promoting witchcraft. yes witchcraft lol. i mean is that even a real thing?:o

Marianna12
05-07-11, 16:44
DEIpaMAqV_Q&feature=player_embedded

They're so cute ^_^
<3

peeves
05-07-11, 21:55
DEIpaMAqV_Q&feature=player_embedded

They're so cute ^_^
<3

That's a bit sad that this really is the end of the line for Harry Potter. :(

Rivendell
05-07-11, 22:32
Religious people think it's evil just because it has dark magic? That's nonsense.

Not necessarily 'Dark' magic - just because it deals with magic, witchcraft and sorcery in general.

It's funny (yet really isn't) that the same people who criticise the books tend to place these subjects as the most harmful to children over the plotlines within the books which deal with racism, torture and murder.

Sir Croft
05-07-11, 23:52
Some religious people are crazy and have nothing better do to, we know that for a long while now! Let's laugh at this:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/138/100/tumblr_ln1xocTsCd1qe11kdo1_500.jpg?1308696043

:vlol:

jajay119
06-07-11, 06:34

Says the religion that once burned and drowned people for suspected witch craft and today hushes up child molestation accusitions and discriminates wildly completely contradicting the whole 'love and forgive' message the founder of the religion preached... Yeah I think I'll stick with Harry Potter thanks.

Marianna12
06-07-11, 08:00
jnULlBBP9BY

I love her <3

Love2Raid
06-07-11, 15:46
Reserved tickets for next week, can NOT wait. :jmp::jmp:

peeves
06-07-11, 15:47
Reserved tickets for next week, can NOT wait. :jmp::jmp:

When does the movie hit theaters for you? For me it's the 15th so it's still more than a week away.

Love2Raid
06-07-11, 15:50
The 13th. :)

peeves
06-07-11, 15:51

What country do you live in?

Love2Raid
06-07-11, 15:53
Netherlands.

blufan
06-07-11, 17:58
lucky people.:pi:xD

Marianna12
06-07-11, 18:44
I'm the luckiest, 12th :whi:

peeves
06-07-11, 19:16
I'm the luckiest, 12th :whi:

Well i may not be so lucky because i won't get it til the 15th but at least i'm tied with the UK and Ireland.

Rivendell
06-07-11, 20:06
This afternoon I booked tickets for me and my friend to see it on the stroke of midnight, July 15th.
Really excited, but don't want to see it at the same time because it'll all be over then. No more books, no more films.

This evening I rewatched The Philosopher's Stone, and was choked up for the start and the end - I can't believe it's been 10 years, and I just don't want it to finish!

:(

Tonyrobinson
06-07-11, 21:05
Sooo excited guys! It's a public holiday here in Northern Ireland on the 12th and my local cinema is going to be closed from Monday to Wednesay but they are taking the oppertunity to set up for there Midnight premiere on Thursday so I've been invited to help out by my friend who works there and set up and watch it on Tuesday 12th! :jmp:

peeves
06-07-11, 21:19
This afternoon I booked tickets for me and my friend to see it on the stroke of midnight, July 15th.
Really excited, but don't want to see it at the same time because it'll all be over then. No more books, no more films.

This evening I rewatched The Philosopher's Stone, and was choked up for the start and the end - I can't believe it's been 10 years, and I just don't want it to finish!

:(
Yeah it is sad to see the series end. :( But at least the terrible first 3 films are well over by now. That's why i put them in a different door in a different apartment. I only have GoF, OotP, HBP, and DH1 on DVD now.

Sooo excited guys! It's a public holiday here in Northern Ireland on the 12th and my local cinema is going to be closed from Monday to Wednesay but they are taking the oppertunity to set up for there Midnight premiere on Thursday so I've been invited to help out by my friend who works there and set up and watch it on Tuesday 12th! :jmp:
Lucky you.

Tonyrobinson
06-07-11, 21:31
I know I am shaking with excitement I'm watching the 2D version on Tuesday and the 3D on Wednesday they have to do screen checks or something so I'll get to see both. :D

peeves
06-07-11, 22:17
So after the movie releases all we need is the DVD Release of DH2.

Tonyrobinson
07-07-11, 14:58
www.youtube.com/harrypotter

The last EVER world premiere of a Potter movie! :(

Love2Raid
07-07-11, 15:10
We've had 8 movies, how much more could you possibly want? :p

But yeah, it'll be strange to no longer have a new HP book or movie to look forward to. :o

Tonyrobinson
07-07-11, 16:02
I don't want anymore movies or books but it's just that there will now be a massive hole in the void what was filled by this magical series. :)

peeves
07-07-11, 17:33
We've had 8 movies, how much more could you possibly want? :p

But yeah, it'll be strange to no longer have a new HP book or movie to look forward to. :o

8 movies is quite a bit for a series i think it holds the record for a movie series unless I'm mistaken. What is the record holder for most number of movies in a series that didn't count reboots as total amount like for example halloween was rebooted so only 8 movies not 10 because of the 2 new ones?

dizzydoil
07-07-11, 17:54
James Bond has 23 (official) films.

Dr. No (1962-Sean Connery)
From Russia With Love (1963-Sean Connery)
Goldfinger (1964-Sean Connery)
Thunderball (1965-Sean Connery)
You Only Live Twice (1967-Sean Connery)
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969-George Lazenby)
Diamonds Are Forever (1971-Sean Connery)
Live and Let Die (1973-Roger Moore)
The Man with the Golden Gun (1974-Roger Moore)
The Spy Who Loved Me (1977-Roger Moore)
Moonraker (1979-Roger Moore)
For Your Eyes Only (1981-Roger Moore)
Octopussy (1983-Roger Moore)
A View to a Kill (1985-Roger Moore)
The Living Daylights (1987-Timothy Dalton)
Licence to Kill (1989-Timothy Dalton)
GoldenEye (1995-Pierce Brosnan)
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997-Pierce Brosnan)
The World is Not Enough (1999-Pierce Brosnan)
Die Another Day (2002-Pierce Brosnan)
Casino Royale (2006-Daniel Craig)
Quantum of Solace (2008-Daniel Craig)
"Bond 23" (November 2012-Daniel Craig)

...and four spin-off(s). Oh and 28 GODZILLA movies. So no, Harry Potter isn't a record. :p

Anyone watching? It's so sad! Daniel just thanked JK for an amazing life, and everything he gets from now on is because of her...so sweet! http://www.youtube.com/harrypotter :o

peeves
07-07-11, 17:57

...and four spin-off(s).

Anyone watching? It's so sad! Daniel just thanked JK for an amazing life, and everything he gets from now on is because of her...so sweet! http://www.youtube.com/harrypotter :o

Wow 23?! That is the official record. So 8 ain't nothing compared to 23. And i can't believe Harry potter films will now be part of history as of next friday. :(
EDIT 28 for godzilla?! Wow!

Tonyrobinson
07-07-11, 19:01
Just finished watching the premiere I was doing so well up until Emma cried and I just couldn't help tearing up. I think somebody is gonna have to carry me out of the cinema on Tuesday I'll be in floods of tears. :(

The1andOnlyTR
07-07-11, 19:05
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnz8cmFPRl1qibk7g.gif

OMG. D:

robm_2007
07-07-11, 19:06
Even the Pope gave his blessing to the HP movies :pi:

Tonyrobinson
07-07-11, 19:16
It really is the end of a perfect era in film making. :o

irishhips
07-07-11, 19:19
mUBO40W1FCo

The1andOnlyTR
07-07-11, 20:06
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgdgd1oF5e1qfwzzd.gif

I just feel like Harry Potter spamming my life away. D:

IT'S OVER, ANYWAY!

peeves
07-07-11, 21:18
Well i haven't seen it yet so i don't know what happens.

touchthesky
07-07-11, 21:27
Anyone got any videos of the Emma Watson crying thing? I can only find pix.

peeves
07-07-11, 21:27
Anyone got any videos of the Emma Watson crying thing? I can only find pix.

It might only be in the movie.

Shark_Blade
08-07-11, 00:02
You guys are lucky, we only get to see it on the 15th. Better book my ticket.
The End, here I come. :(

HP changed my life so much, it's pretty much a turning point for me.

...and four spin-off(s). Oh and 28 GODZILLA movies. So no, Harry Potter isn't a record. :p

Anyone watching? It's so sad! Daniel just thanked JK for an amazing life, and everything he gets from now on is because of her...so sweet! http://www.youtube.com/harrypotter :oJames Bond might have more movies but it doesn't gross as much as HP series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/harry-potter/8621235/Harry-Potter-by-numbers.html

3,978,161,517: The amount the Harry Potter films have grossed worldwide at the box office to date, including some 367,036,042 in the UK alone, making Harry Potter the highest grossing film series ever. All seven films released to date are also currently in the top-30 all time list of box office receipts.

And we're not even counting the final movie yet.

peeves
08-07-11, 00:04
You guys are lucky, we only get to see it on the 15th. Better book my ticket.
The End, here I come. :(

HP changed my life so much, it's pretty much a turning point for me.

Same here but I thought Ireland doesn't get to see it til the 15th also? So how come tony gets to see it early but not me? :(

Tonyrobinson
08-07-11, 01:10
It is released the 15th here but as I've already stated I am getting to see it on the twelth and thirteenth because my local cinema is shut due to the public holiday over the 11th-13th and need volunteers to help set up for the midnight premiere on the night of the 14th and my friend who works there knew I loved Potter and asked if I wanted to come along and help set up and watch the film the only condition being I am not getting paid. I think it is worth it though if I get to see it early. :jmp:

Shark_Blade
08-07-11, 04:03
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnz8cmFPRl1qibk7g.gif

OMG. D:What film is that may I ask? :p

The1andOnlyTR
08-07-11, 05:06
What film is that may I ask? :p

I have noooo idea. Haha. I just searched Tumblr for "crying". :p

jajay119
08-07-11, 06:32
I have to wait till August 6th to see it. Boooo!

Shark_Blade
08-07-11, 08:12
I have noooo idea. Haha. I just searched Tumblr for "crying". :pAw, shucks. It looks both too funny and sad at the same time. :p

peeves
08-07-11, 12:11
I have to wait till August 6th to see it. Boooo!

That sucks you gotta wait til August 6th. If i had to wait that long i'd really be pissed off but thank god i get it on the 15th.

Jack Croft
08-07-11, 12:58
I'm just watching all the previous films on Half Blood Prince at the moment cannot wait to see Deathly Hallows Part 2.

dizzydoil
08-07-11, 13:13
3,978,161,517: The amount the Harry Potter films have grossed worldwide at the box office to date, including some 367,036,042 in the UK alone, making Harry Potter the highest grossing film series ever. All seven films released to date are also currently in the top-30 all time list of box office receipts.

Ooooh la la!

peeves
08-07-11, 14:03
Ooooh la la!

So maybe harry potter will be a record for highest grossing film throughout the entire series.

Jami393
08-07-11, 15:07
I really love watching the Harry Potter movies but I've only seen the first 4 movies, but I was wondering is it worth reading the books to the series or should I stick to watching the movie adaptions of the books?

silver_wolf
08-07-11, 15:08
Oh ffs, read the books! Of course it's worth it!

xcrushterx
08-07-11, 15:41
I really love watching the Harry Potter movies but I've only seen the first 4 movies, but I was wondering is it worth reading the books to the series or should I stick to watching the movie adaptions of the books?
This isn't even a question. Books > Movies!

Nemo_91
08-07-11, 15:51
I'm seeing Part 2 next week. Can't wait. :D

Jami393
08-07-11, 16:30
Oh ffs, read the books! Of course it's worth it!

OK I was only asking a question, there was no need to be offensive.

silver_wolf
08-07-11, 18:36
Wasn't being offensive, you're the one taking offense. Not my fault.

Tonyrobinson
08-07-11, 18:42
I think maybe they took the swearing as an insult when you were only using it as emphasis it's an easy mistake to make guys. :hug:

Anyway I'm buzzing, only four days!!! :jmp:

I think I might write a review for it seeing as it's the last one. I obviously won't post spoilers though unless you want two reviews one spoiler free and one using the white text. :D

silver_wolf
08-07-11, 20:30
I'm avoiding all reviews until I see it. First movie I've ever done that with, I think...

Jami393
08-07-11, 21:54
I think maybe they took the swearing as an insult when you were only using it as emphasis it's an easy mistake to make guys. :hug:

To be honest I was a bit offended by it.

touchthesky
08-07-11, 22:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKXuOj9d5o8

Rivendell
10-07-11, 08:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKXuOj9d5o8

I can't bring myself to watch that video. Not yet. :(

I've set my new avatar in tribute, and I'm half way through re-watching the other films in preparation for Thursday night (just finished Goblet of Fyah last night).

Plus last night I thought of a really big unexplained plothole.. But now I can't remember it! Agh! It was to do with Voldemort.

Nenya awakens
10-07-11, 09:58
To be honest I was a bit offended by it.

Well then you need to grow a pair.

Honestly cannot wait for the new film, I've never been able to get into the films up until DHP1 they have just lost the feeling of the books. I am looking forward to seeing this one though I just hope they have not changed too much.

touchthesky
10-07-11, 10:46
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=5549591#post5549591

Guys. It's for Potter AND the fans.

peeves
10-07-11, 14:25
So GoF was on last night on abc family and i memorize where each commercial takes place for GoF and OotP.

larson n natla
10-07-11, 14:34
I loved the books, read up until the half blood prince then lost interest and so never finished the last book.

The films just don't compare, after the fifth one I stopped watching and separating the last book into two films and then converting them into 3D was a clear cash-in.

Jack Croft
10-07-11, 19:22
Finished watching the Half-Blood Prince last night great film shame they cut a few scenes though....

Tonyrobinson
10-07-11, 19:41
Popping in Half-Blood Prince now then Deathly Hallows Part 1 for tommorow then the epic finale on Tuesday, it's going to be such an emotional but bittersweet week for all of us. :o

touchthesky
10-07-11, 21:51
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo5021SzGl1qct38do1_500.jpg

Voldys best moment.

Went to see POA today at the cinema..it's just awful. Sorry but ew.

Rivendell
10-07-11, 22:01
Just awful? 'Ew'?

The direction is spot on, the art direction is even more so, the music is beautiful, it was the funniest Hp until that point, the time-turner sequence is put together pretty flawlessly..

Aside from the fact they took out too many little details from the book, made a bald Werewolf and .. that.. final shot (agreeably ew) , the film is top notch.

xcrushterx
10-07-11, 22:04
I don't really like the POA film either, but it's better than the Goblet of Fire and Order of the Montage films XD

jajay119
10-07-11, 22:23
PoA is the worst film in my opinion, not because it was badly done, but because it wasn't in keeping with the style of the others being the only film to be directed by a director of European cinema, I didn't like that the castle was changed and too much was left out.

touchthesky
10-07-11, 22:32
It's the only HP film I sit and think "oh dear, whens it gonna end?"

It's definately not the funniest, it makes stupid attempts and being funny and fails.

Also, "is that what my hair looks like from the back?" REALLY?

Tonyrobinson
10-07-11, 23:12
I really enjoyed POA it's one of my favourites but the first time I seen it I remember hating it. Upon rewatching I loved it. I'd expect DH2 to be the best though only because it's the last one so I'm guessing they'll go all out for it. :)

jajay119
11-07-11, 06:39
It's the only HP film I sit and think "oh dear, whens it gonna end?"

It's definately not the funniest, it makes stupid attempts and being funny and fails.

Also, "is that what my hair looks like from the back?" REALLY?

Yeah me too, I have all the movies up to this point, but I always skip PoA I know he meets Sirius and the dementors in it, that's all I need to know for GoF to make sense straight after CoS.

peeves
11-07-11, 12:03
When i first saw PoA i thought it was ok but now i don't like it no more.

Rai
11-07-11, 12:38
Why isn't it Friday yet!?! Uh, I cannot wait...yet I also don't want it end either. :(. I must avoid this thread in case I'm tempted by spoilers from anyone who's seen DH2 already. Although having read the book, I know what the story is.

BrandonFlowers
11-07-11, 15:36
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo0h3rdtvY1qlx2w7o1_500.gif
Sorry, but I just had to :vlol: Whoever did this is a genius.

peeves
11-07-11, 15:39
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo0h3rdtvY1qlx2w7o1_500.gif
Sorry, but I just had to :vlol: Whoever did this is a genius.

Voldemort dressed as a lady? That's funny. :vlol:

BrandonFlowers
11-07-11, 15:40
Voldemort dressed as a lady? That's funny. :vlol:

Not just any lady, J-Lo :p

And this...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo051bB1lb1qau6cq.png
Voldemort married J-Lo :eek:

Anyways, I didn't really like the HP movies, prefered the books.

Jack Croft
11-07-11, 18:43
Rereading HP1 as I have just ordered the Deathly Hallows going to re read all the books! :jmp:

Never read Deathly Hallows before!

irishhips
11-07-11, 19:58
2nPyasEm3g0

Tonyrobinson
11-07-11, 21:10
Oh my God you guys after 10 years tomorrow I will say goodbye to my childhood. :(

touchthesky
11-07-11, 22:27
Just back from seeing GOF at the cinema.

THATS MY BOY. MY SON. :(:(

peeves
11-07-11, 22:27
2nPyasEm3g0

What an epic video that is. So This friday i'm gonna go see the final potter film at the movies. I wonder what it'll turn out to be. Probably epic as with the previous 4 films. And It is unknown whether snape is good or evil but he may be a bit of both. Yeah GoF, HBP, and DH1 had sad scenes where Cedric, Dumbledore, and Dobby died. :(

Nerd For Life
11-07-11, 22:42
And It is unknown whether snape is good or evil but he may be a bit of both. Yeah GoF, HBP, and DH1 had sad scenes where Cedric, Dumbledore, and Dobby died. :(

you never read the books?

touchthesky
11-07-11, 22:45
Obvs not.

Which means he won't know that Snape ends up asking Kreacher to take over as Hogwarts headmaster!

Nerd For Life
11-07-11, 22:45
Obvs not.

Which means he won't know that Snape ends up asking Kreacher to take over as Hogwarts headmaster!

Why the hell is his username 'Peeves' then, if Peeves isn't the films?

oh god I can't.

Rivendell
11-07-11, 22:48
THATS MY BOY. MY SON. :(:(

Saddest moment of the films so far, imo. Which is so bizarre - I couldn't have cared less about Cedric, and Amos was barely in the story. It's just done so beautifully and tragically, so see a father wailing over his son - it was more the theme of what was happening rather than the characters which caught me there. It chokes me up every time I see it and it's been the only part of the series to nearly make me cry.

Unlike Dumbledore's death. Unfortunately. That made my cry into the pages, but not over the film. But then again, Dobby's death upset me more on screen than it did in the book!

Between the books and the films, they're an emotional minefield!

Nerd For Life
11-07-11, 22:53
Saddest moment of the films so far, imo. Which is so bizarre - I couldn't have cared less about Cedric, and Amos was barely in the story. It's just done so beautifully and tragically, so see a father wailing over his son - it was more the theme of what was happening rather than the characters which caught me there. It chokes me up every time I see it and it's been the only part of the series to nearly make me cry.

Unlike Dumbledore's death. Unfortunately. That made my cry into the pages, but not over the film. But then again, Dobby's death upset me more on screen than it did in the book!

Between the books and the films, they're an emotional minefield!

I was choked up while watching Cedric die in the film, but not so much in the book!

Both Dumbledore and Dobby's death upset me a lot on the book, but Dumbledore's death on HBP wasn't done well enough... But Dobby's death got me HOWLING and sobbing for over 10 minutes. :vlol:

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 00:57
I agree with Cedric's death being sad as much as I would regard 4 weaker than the others that was a really well acted scene. Even Dan acted well in that scene but despite that the performances from the young cast were pretty wooden as was the acting in number 3. But the cinematography made up for that. :o

Ceamonks890
12-07-11, 04:02
I can't believe the Harry Potter film series has been around for 10 years now. And it's sad that it's finally coming to an end, since I've enjoyed watching the movies as they come and go, since Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone, which I first saw back in 2001 when I was 8 years old:( One less movie series to look forward to seeing at the cinema now*sighs*

scoopy_loopy
12-07-11, 04:15
I was choked up while watching Cedric die in the film, but not so much in the book!

Both Dumbledore and Dobby's death upset me a lot on the book, but Dumbledore's death on HBP wasn't done well enough... But Dobby's death got me HOWLING and sobbing for over 10 minutes. :vlol:

Dobby's death in the film affected me more than in the books, but it was the opposite for Dumbledore! I couldn't read onwards for like half an hour, I just kept reading that one paragraph again, again, again, inwardly crying. :p

Tommy123
12-07-11, 05:18
My friend just got me our midnight premier showing tickets! :jmp:

Shark_Blade
12-07-11, 05:33
Damn, I gotta get the tickets soon!

Rivendell
12-07-11, 06:54
Dobby's death in the film affected me more than in the books, but it was the opposite for Dumbledore! I couldn't read onwards for like half an hour, I just kept reading that one paragraph again, again, again, inwardly crying. :p

I read the last couple of chapters whilst crying! :o It was the funeral that affected me the most, I think.

jajay119
12-07-11, 07:09

Dumbledore's death was handled really badly in the movie, it should have been a lot simpler and more emotional like it was in the book, not shot through that huge metal globe thing that detracts from the whole experience as you're trying to see what the hell is going on, and to not even give him a funeral scene was rubbish too.

Rivendell
12-07-11, 07:28
not shot through that huge metal globe thing that detracts from the whole experience as you're trying to see what the hell is going on

I wish they hadn't done that either. I guess they just wanted us to feel even more connected to Harry by limiting what we saw to his viewpoint for that moment, and hoping we'd feel as emotionally affected as Harry himself.

.. Didn't quite work.

jajay119
12-07-11, 07:31
I wish they hadn't done that either. I guess they just wanted us to feel even more connected to Harry by limiting what we saw to his viewpoint for that moment, and hoping we'd feel as emotionally affected as Harry himself.

.. Didn't quite work.

Exactly, but I think that was the fatal floor in the way it was handled, that moment wasn't about Harry, but Dumbledore's sacrifice and the bigger picture which they didn't get accross in that scene.

touchthesky
12-07-11, 08:32
It's weird cuz the showing of 7.1 at 815pm on Thurs has got like 3 seats left at our cinema..whereas 7.2 at 1205am theres just like..10 folk :S

Matie
12-07-11, 08:54
Duh, I've just started to plan going to the cinema to watch Deathly Hallows Part 2 and I got an 'online ticket reservation to this cinema is temporarily suspended due to technical reasons' message. :rolleyes: Why now?! I'll start chanting Reparo now:vlol:

scoopy_loopy
12-07-11, 11:07
I read the last couple of chapters whilst crying! :o It was the funeral that affected me the most, I think.

Aw!! :hug:

The funeral in the books really was precious. I'm not annoyed it wasn't included in any measure in the films. =/

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 11:22
Oh my Good almighty God you guys! I 'm just back from the screening it was bloody amazing the best Potter yet but you shouldn't go in expecting the book because it is a good bit altered to fit on screen but I didn't mind that much. It is the most emotional yet and packed full of effects and nearly every magical creature from the series so far is back during the battle with the exception of house elves and Hippogriff's it really was a perfect end I teared up a fair few times and finally had a chance to breathe at the credits. If you want to ask me any questions feel free to also note that tomorrow I will be seeing the 3D version so I will comment on the conversion. :D

daventry
12-07-11, 11:38
How was the End, did Harry and his Wife stood at the Train with their Kid.

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 11:44
Yes it ends with the trio smiling. and waving goodbye to their kids and Draco and his son are also present and although Teddy was cast he is not in the movie at all. :p

Although that was not my favourite scene because there are alot of beautiful scenes in the movie but without spoiling any scenes the soundtrack is VERY nostalgic and there are quite a few instances you will here familiar themes play from all 7 movies! :)

igonge
12-07-11, 12:28
I can't wait!!1

I'm going to have to wait a week or so to see it after the release though :'( I'm working my way through the movies and the books again in anticipation. It's either that, or wet myself.

peeves
12-07-11, 13:01
So how was Snape's death? Was it emotional?

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 13:06
So how was Snape's death? Was it emotional?

I wouldn't say it was emotional just more like it was meant to be scary there is blood squirts on the window and his throat gets slit but it is more to show off the power and desperation of Voldemort the scene were Harry finds him after is very emotional because Snape is crying out his memories and tells Harry to take them.

blufan
12-07-11, 14:43
damn it's so tempting to read those white texts.:o but don't worry i didn't lol. i can't believe some people have already seen it. i won't get to see it until next week.:(:(:(:(
anyway do you guys know about this? i got this from a journal of a deviantART HP group that i watched. i doubt it's really that popular but sounds like a very nice idea.
Dear Potterfans,

A movement is spreading across the internet, and you've probably heard of it. When the credits on the 8th movie begin to roll, everyone who has loved Harry Potter over the years will raise their wands in the air and say "Mischief Managed"

I politely and hopefully ask that you will post this final send off to Harry Potter in your group Blog. We want to make this a reality, so please tell all of your members to make this happen.

with much love and thanks,
-Starrphyre

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 14:55
^ That is a nice idea.

I have to add that this movie is not for the faint hearted because this movie is gory! :cln:

Some scenes really push the rating.

One death scene was shocking in particular because it is unexpected and graphic! :D

touchthesky
12-07-11, 17:05
^which deaths that :o?

Also, any deaths in the book that don't happen on screen? Or any deaths onscreen that aren't in the book?

Finally, does the theme tune play at the end?

Omg I cannot wait!

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 17:48
It was a death onscreen that wasn't in the book, Lavender Brown! She gets her neck bitten by Greyback and you can see the exposed muscle underneath. Apart from her I don't recall any other death of main characters on screen we see most of the dead bodies in the Great Hall on stretchers and the tables and see Snape die but the attack from Nagini is seen from a distance.

The final song in the film to play was Leaving Hogwarts, it was perfect! :D

Hey I may just add I've never been a fan of the cinematography in the majority of these movies but this by far was visually stunning, they picked a cold greyish blue ghostly looking palete for Hogwarts that gives us a spooky castle style as opposed to the brown warm one they usually have. Then they have very lit up dark orange flames and various colours of spells that lend itself so well to the overall look, they really nailed the look because there are thousands of Dementors guarding Hogwarts so it's really blusterry looking. :)

remote91
12-07-11, 17:58
So I saw part seven like two nights ago.. I was shocked at how dark it was! (having never read the books)

Really want to see the eight film if it's supposed to be better, too.

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 18:06
It is really dark but saying that the light moments are light too akin to the first two movies you won't be disappointed though the movie has three gory stand out scenes numerous deaths and everyone in the battle is covered in cuts but there isn't really specific focus on the blood or battle but it is evidently there just not detailed.

remote91
12-07-11, 18:11
I really do want to see the big battle that all my Harry Potter obsessed friends are excited about, so I think I'll probably end up going with them!

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 18:18
I mean the battle is good but it mainly takes place from the trio's point of view so they don't fight much during it but what there is in it is awesome and it is sort of interspersed between other scenes so it speeds then slows at points but that is a good thing! :D

You will understand more what I mean when watching because it still is about finding Horcruxes and Hallows. ;)

blufan
12-07-11, 18:55
It was a death onscreen that wasn't in the book, Lavender Brown! She gets her neck bitten by Greyback and you can see the exposed muscle underneath. Apart from her I don't recall any other death of main characters on screen we see most of the dead bodies in the Great Hall on stretchers and the tables and see Snape die but the attack from Nagini is seen from a distance.

The final song in the film to play was Leaving Hogwarts, it was perfect! :D

Hey I may just add I've never been a fan of the cinematography in the majority of these movies but this by far was visually stunning, they picked a cold greyish blue ghostly looking palete for Hogwarts that gives us a spooky castle style as opposed to the brown warm one they usually have. Then they have very lit up dark orange flames and various colours of spells that lend itself so well to the overall look, they really nailed the look because there are thousands of Dementors guarding Hogwarts so it's really blusterry looking. :)
ok i know i said i don't read the white texts but i couldn't help with that one.:vlol: i should stop visiting this thread lmao.:vlol: but lavender brown!!D: that's shocking but now that you mention it, i think do remember reading about her getting bitten by greyback. but it surely wasn't in the neck or anywhere fatal.

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 19:05
Yeah in the book it is mentioned she is attacked but survives due to Hermione's intervention. It is the same in the movie only it is evident she dies.

ggctuk
12-07-11, 19:34
Yeah in the book it is mentioned she is attacked but survives due to Hermione's intervention. It is the same in the movie only it is evident she dies.

Actually, it was never made clear whether she survived the battle or not. Hermione checked her in the book and she was 'stirring feebly', but neither the book, nor Rowling, has confirmed that she lives or dies. Considering that had to happen with Rowling's blessing, I'd say she was meant to die in the book.

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 19:43
Well they do change JK's blessing a bit because two characters end up as a couple in the end who aren't meant to in the book. :p

ggctuk
12-07-11, 19:47
Well they do change JK's blessing a bit because two characters end up as a couple in the end who aren't meant to in the book. :p

Who?

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 20:29
Luna and Neville. :)

ggctuk
12-07-11, 20:41
Luna and Neville. :)

I don't think they'd have done anything in the film without Rowling approving. This included, even though it contravenes what Rowling herself set out.

Tonyrobinson
12-07-11, 20:45
No she approves everything in the script but I as I said before anybody going into this to expect a straight page for page adaption will be disappointed because it is altered from the book to flesh the story out more and have more of an oomph. :)

ggctuk
12-07-11, 20:49
Exactly. What works in book doesn't always work in film.

peeves
12-07-11, 20:58
Well I hope Harry cries after he sees snape's dead body.

Tommy123
12-07-11, 21:56
No she approves everything in the script but I as I said before anybody going into this to expect a straight page for page adaption will be disappointed because it is altered from the book to flesh the story out more and have more of an oomph. :)

Exactly :tmb:

Rivendell
12-07-11, 22:58
Well I hope Harry cries after he sees .....

... Read. The. BOOK.

Seeing as though Harry only knew his true motives for five minutes before seeing the thing you said, and after always utterly hating that person, do you think he'd cry?

Marianna12
12-07-11, 23:50
Spoilers:

We just watched DH2. First 30 minutes are okay, it has some really funny moments, the 2nd half of the movie is the most amazing thing you have ever seen in your entire life. We cried a river (literally), cried, cried and also cried. The kiss was awesome. LOVE IT <333333333333

-Ana and Marianna

Sorry we're still in shock, can't really think right now.

xcrushterx
12-07-11, 23:52
Out of curiosity, how do Ron, Hermione & Minerva react to Harry's body?

Underhoe
12-07-11, 23:53
Spoilers:

We just watched DH2. First 30 minutes are okay, it has some really funny moments, the 2nd half of the movie is the most amazing thing you have ever seen in your entire life. We cried a river (literally), cried, cried and also cried. The kiss was awesome. LOVE IT <333333333333

-Ana and Marianna

Sorry we're still in shock, can't really think right now.

*slap* I...want...too!

robm_2007
13-07-11, 00:02
I want to go watch this. Would it matter if I havent seen Part I? Ive read the book, though, but that was 4 years ago when it came out :pi:

Marianna12
13-07-11, 00:12
Out of curiosity, how do...

Ron and Hermione knew that Harry was the last Horcrux, so they just stand in shock (nothing big), they don't show Minerva (I think), and Ginny screams and reacts the most loudly and shocking.

:D

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 00:32
Yay! I have someone to discuss the film with what was your favourite scene I loved the Resurection stone scene where Harry tries to touch Lily. It was so beatiful but heart breaking. :(

LegenDarY
13-07-11, 00:56
Wooooooooooooow.. before I comment, I want to let all of you know that I've come to peace (a long time ago) with the fact that the movies are different from the books. If you let that bother you, it's impossible to enjoy the movies and I wouldn't let that happen. That being said....

IT WAS FREAKING EPIC!

Done. :D

touchthesky
13-07-11, 08:38
There's a possibility I'll see it tonight. My bf works at the cinema and they're doing a staff screening. Only trouble is he said "no" originally cuz he wants to see the two back to back which we're doing tomorrow..but I talked him round. :p Fingers crossed they let him change his mind.

Shark_Blade
13-07-11, 10:28
2 days more.... :p

FourBalls
13-07-11, 10:33
Okay so I have a question...Is it worth to see it in 3D? Or is it basically the same as the regural version?

Nemo_91
13-07-11, 10:45
I'm seeing it in IMAX 3D on Saturday. :cln:

Shark_Blade
13-07-11, 10:48
I watched Pirates 4 and the 3D was rubbish. So I don't know..

Only good 3D movies that I watched is..Avatar, Toy Story(1,2).. the rest just sucks. :/

I dunno. Maybe I'll go for the normal one.

Marianna12
13-07-11, 10:51
Yay! I have someone to discuss the film with what was your favourite scene I loved the SPOILER It was so beatiful but heart breaking. :(

Ana here (Your_Envy*), too lazy to log out Marianna. :p

I really didn't like the scene after Voldemort's death. I expected people to come and cheer and happiness mixed with sadness because of the deaths and all that, like in the book.

The best scene for me was Prince's tale. It was just soooooo sad, I cried like crazy and it was so emotional to see Snape so vulnerable. The scene you described was very heart breaking too. :(

What was your least favorite scene? :D

(Marianna agrees with me, njahaha! :p)

Soul
13-07-11, 11:08
I watched and it was....OK...

The first half was absolutely amazing and combined the epic atmosphere in the last film with the magic atmosphere of the first films, but the end was rather disappointing for me...

If I had to rank the films my top 3 would be:

1st: DH Part 1
2nd: Azkaban
3rd: Goblet of Fire

DH Part 2 would be between Order of Phoenix and Half Blood Prince :)

My favourite scene was right at the very beginning of the film, where we got to see hogwarts and Snape as the new leader :tmb: Really epic

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 11:22
Ana here (Your_Envy*), too lazy to log out Marianna. :p

I really didn't like the scene after Voldemort's death. I expected people to come and cheer and happiness mixed with sadness because of the deaths and all that, like in the book.

The best scene for me was Prince's tale. It was just soooooo sad, I cried like crazy and it was so emotional to see Snape so vulnerable. The scene you described was very heart breaking too. :(

What was your least favorite scene? :D

(Marianna agrees with me, njahaha! :p)

My least favourite scene was probably all the talking at the start before they got to Gringotts.

FYI guys I'm back from the 3D screening now too it was actually really good it is kinda not needed but the effects looked cool with it but it still hasn't converted me into a 3D lover.

Marianna12
13-07-11, 11:28
Marianna here :p

I usually don't like 3D movies, but this one was really nice, so I think it's worth seeing it in 3D.

Going to the premiere was an amazing experience, even better than I expected! I saw fans dressed in cloaks or wearing HP t-shirts everywhere, the cinema staff was wearing HP t-shirts as well, there were many posters, we found some parchment in our seats which was something like a Hogwarts graduation diploma, the cinema was full, everyone clapped at the beginning of the movie and at the nice parts...generally, the atmosphere was amazing!

Prince's tale was exactly like I imagined it, it was just EPIC and really sad. Snape's death was much more violent than in the book, but it was done perfectly, and this scene is proof that Alan Rickman is probably the best actor in the movies.
The Resurrection Stone part was really touching as well, especially if you've read the books and know how Harry feels. I was glad they didn't leave out the important lines like "Until the very end" from the movie.
Fred, Lupin and Tonks dying was reaaaaaaally sad too. Bring tissues. :p
The Ron and Hermione kiss was just amazing and SO them, they're the cutest couple ever <3 The 19 years later scene was okay, but I expected it to be more bittersweet.

All in all, just EPIC

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 11:41
How did you feel about Bellatrix shattering. I thought it was a cool effect but a bit of a WTF moment. :o

touchthesky
13-07-11, 13:03
^That sounds very "Twilight" to me haha.

Looks like we're defo seeing it at 12am tonight! I'll join in with your discussions yay!

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 13:44
Yeah I thought it sounded Twilight but it doesn't look like it, It is kinda like little bits of debri and dust explodes outta her.

peeves
13-07-11, 13:46
... Read. The. BOOK.

Seeing as though Harry only knew his true motives for five minutes before seeing the thing you said, and after always utterly hating that person, do you think he'd cry?

Tony robinson said that The scene where snape dies and harry finding his body is emotional so that could mean he cries

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 14:10
He doesn't cry he just is in desperation to keep him alive Harry still knows him as the one who works for Voldemort and murdered Dumbledore at this point in the film.

peeves
13-07-11, 14:20
But Snape killed dumbledore in HBP for a reason. Dumbledore got old and he was poisoned in the cave after drinking the potion to get the locket.

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 14:22
Yes but Harry doesn't know that until after Snape dies.

xcrushterx
13-07-11, 14:22
-post-
No, it was the curse on the ring. Dumbledore had asked Snape to kill him long before the cave.

At least, I'm sure it was. I'm re-reading the books now anyway :p

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 14:36
Yeah it was the ring that was killing Dumbledore anyway. But I didn't wanna correct him because I didn't wanna spoil the movie. But yes you are right. ;)

Did anybody think the biggest disappointment in the movie was the kiss? :mad:

Marianna12
13-07-11, 14:47
^NO the kiss was exactly like I imagined, it was brilliant! <3

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 14:49
I think the amount of hype surrounding it wasn't worthy of what we got. :p

peeves
13-07-11, 14:50
I still hefta wait 2 more days to see the movie.

ggctuk
13-07-11, 16:47
Why are we spoiler-hiding pieces from the book? Everybody knows what happens in the book, so I think we should only hide the things that were changed for the film.

daventry
13-07-11, 16:50
Just came back after seeing HP and the Movie was ok, thus i give it a 8/10 oh and the 3D Sucks, it just made the Movie Darker with the Glasses On.

I still dont get what is so Special about the 3 Legendary Magical Items, since the Cloak is Special and yet Nobody makes an Effort about it.

The Effects was Great and i expected More Life in the Movie and the Acting like LOTR.

After Voldemort Killed Harry, we see Him in Heaven or where ever, yet we see the Little Voldemort Creature lying under a Floating Bed, i was expecting a Harry/Voldemort Morph Creature Battle and he Kills the Last Horocrux, yet Nothing happened, so what was the point of that thing.

The Death of Voldemort was Boring and Stupid, i expected him to Die in a more Vibrant Death like a Flash of Power going out of him with his Followers Screaming in Pain, even the Death of the Scorpion King in the Mummy 2 where is Face was like a Dark Cloud was More Spectacular then Voldy turning into Confetti.

What is the Deal with the All so Powerful Wand when Harry breaks it, i expected some Magical Flash with a Spark or something, but he just broke it like its some Twig.

Ok Seriously, can the Trio and Malfoy just aswell be 12 Years Old and have Children, then by the time they are 18 their Children are 13 the Same Half Size as them. I mean come on, where are the Grown Up look a like Actors.

You would expect the Movie to go out with a Bang, but it was so Amateurishly made, that it felt half dead.

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 16:56
Well one thing I do have to say about the movie was the lack of battle and it being advertised as a battle movie but again I did not want much battle because this is not LOTR it's Potter but yes some people will love it and some will hate it. :)

irishhips
13-07-11, 19:03
@ Dave, you don't have to take it too seriously, It only a film. :rolleyes:

daventry
13-07-11, 19:09
Ive seen Weaker Films doing a Better Job ;)

robm_2007
13-07-11, 19:10
Ive seen Weaker Films doing a Better Job ;)

How can something that is weaker do better? >.>

Tonyrobinson
13-07-11, 19:34
I think an 8/10 from Daventry being a non-fan is actually a pretty brilliant achievement. :)

peeves
13-07-11, 21:15
How can something that is weaker do better? >.>

That also doesn't make sense to me either.

Rivendell
13-07-11, 21:39
Sigh. Just finished watching DH part 1, all ready for Part 2 tomorrow at midnight.

I don't want it to end. :( Yet, I can't wait to see it! It's such a conflicting feeling, I've never had it before!

Love2Raid
13-07-11, 21:45
Just saw it (3D version). It was ****ing amazing. Bloody brilliant. Wow. O_O

A few things were different from the book but also so many things were kept. I am SO glad that we got 2 movies instead of 1. Im very happy with how the movie turned out, I really want to watch it again. :D

:yah:

Shark_Blade
14-07-11, 00:31
It's open today, I think I'll go watch DH Part 2 this evening.

I'm nervous and excited.

This is it.

touchthesky
14-07-11, 08:23
We never ended up going last night cuz the cinema didn't contact us until too late to tell us it was definately on. Grr.

Going tonight.

7.1 at 830 then 7.2 at 0005

a_pok
14-07-11, 10:55
watched the movie last night in 3D!!!

loved it, but hated the fact that the cinema was more than half empty!!
i still enjoyed the movie, even though there where a few minor disappointments (example: Nagini's death)...

touchthesky
14-07-11, 11:02
^Our cinema is sold out tonight.

Gonna be taking my Voldemort wand to pay last respects to the greatest wizard that ever lived <3

peeves
14-07-11, 13:03
I'm gonna go see the movie tomorra. I can't believe it's the end of the line already.

touchthesky
14-07-11, 13:07
They'll probably announce a reboot in August lmao.

I can't decide what wand to take with me tonight ahh. My boyfriend is taking Lucius Malfoys stick. I have : Voldemort, Draco and Bellatrix. Hmm.

peeves
14-07-11, 13:10
They'll probably announce a reboot in August lmao.

I can't decide what wand to take with me tonight ahh. My boyfriend is taking Lucius Malfoys stick. I have : Voldemort, Draco and Bellatrix. Hmm.

I think a reboot would be a bad idea.

Tonyrobinson
14-07-11, 16:48
A really bad idea Peeves, I agree! :)

I think you should take your Bellatrix wand even know she has like two lines. :p

italibabee
14-07-11, 17:29
xD I'm so excited for tonight:jmp:

Rivendell
14-07-11, 19:23
Only a few hours to go...

Can't wait to see it, but don't want it to end! So conflicted it's unreal.

:D :( :D

peeves
14-07-11, 19:26
I sure hope this one is dramatic because the past few ones were.

robm_2007
14-07-11, 19:44
TBH, I would be all for a Harry Potter TV show. I think that it would have worked better as a tv series than a movie franchise; not that I am displeased with the movies, they are mostly all great.

Although I was thinking along the lines of 30 minute episodes that represents each chapter in the books, but that would be many episodes :pi:

Rivendell
14-07-11, 19:51
The great thing is they could make the series last as long as the actual terms.
They could get some 11yo kids who could've grown older with the series, as they did with the films, but it would feel more involving because:
1. You can fit so much more into a series
2. It feels longer, so you get to know the characters even better
3. You feel more connected after seeing them each week, than you do by seeing them every year and a half.

I hope they do it in the future, though I can't see it happening for decades.

xcrushterx
14-07-11, 20:01
I think the BBC would be pretty good with a TV show. 7 series with 6-10 episodes each?

ggctuk
14-07-11, 21:25
Is it true that the Deathly Hallows ends with the Leaving Hogwarts theme from the first film?

peeves
14-07-11, 21:27
ggctuk maybe i haven't seen the film yet because it still ain't in theaters where i live.