PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Tonyrobinson
14-07-11, 23:49
Is it true that the Deathly Hallows ends with the Leaving Hogwarts theme from the first film?

Yes. :)

It also has about 4 other past themes. ;)

Also about a series you guys may just be in luck CBBC is the channel to watch out for now the film series has ended they are in talks to air a show based within Hogwarts with Original main characters but the deal could not be made until the movie was over. At the minute BBC are declining to comment on any planned future TV shows they have though. But still I think things may just be looking up according to some reports recently!

Love2Raid
15-07-11, 01:00
Because you asked me to comment on your post :):
Just came back after seeing HP and the Movie was ok, thus i give it a 8/10 oh and the 3D Sucks, it just made the Movie Darker with the Glasses On.
I think the 3D was not really needed (it would have been just as good in 2D), but it was quite cool. There were moments when it worked very well, for example when Voldemort dies, you can see some of the 'particles' floating towards you :p.

I still dont get what is so Special about the 3 Legendary Magical Items, since the Cloak is Special and yet Nobody makes an Effort about it.
Yeah, it is special, but I suppose there wasn't enough time to explain everything. And since Harry never actually uses the three Hallows at the same time, it doesn't matter.

The Effects was Great and i expected More Life in the Movie and the Acting like LOTR.
I thought the acting was quite good to really good. :confused:

After Voldemort Killed Harry, we see Him in Heaven or where ever, yet we see the Little Voldemort Creature lying under a Floating Bed, i was expecting a Harry/Voldemort Morph Creature Battle and he Kills the Last Horocrux, yet Nothing happened, so what was the point of that thing.
..Harry and Voldemort are both dead at that point. The Horcrux is destroyed but Harry and Voldemort both come back to life. That creature just represents who Voldemort really is without his magic and horcruxes: a helpless and disgusting being...

The Death of Voldemort was Boring and Stupid, i expected him to Die in a more Vibrant Death like a Flash of Power going out of him with his Followers Screaming in Pain, even the Death of the Scorpion King in the Mummy 2 where is Face was like a Dark Cloud was More Spectacular then Voldy turning into Confetti.
I think it was more dramatic this way. There already was a lot of 'fireworks' in the rest of the movie, so this contrast made it more dramatic. In my opinion of course. :)

What is the Deal with the All so Powerful Wand when Harry breaks it, i expected some Magical Flash with a Spark or something, but he just broke it like its some Twig.
I don't know, just the director's preference I guess. It doesn't matter that much, a wand is just a stick after all unless you want to use it (and are a wizard/witch). Harry just wanted to break it so there was no magic spark... ?

Ok Seriously, can the Trio and Malfoy just aswell be 12 Years Old and have Children, then by the time they are 18 their Children are 13 the Same Half Size as them. I mean come on, where are the Grown Up look a like Actors.

You would expect the Movie to go out with a Bang, but it was so Amateurishly made, that it felt half dead.
I must say that the Epilogue was extremely funny to me. :vlol:
They didn't really look 19 years older. Well, when you see Harry on close-up, it is really well done (wrinkles etc) but you still know that he is not that old. So it looked quite silly in the end. But I didn't mind since I hated that part of the book, and now that it ended up not being very serious but quite funny instead, it is a lot more bearable. :D
So for this reason, I think it was the right decision to not use new 'old' actors.

----

Nothing disappointed me. I thought the movie was more 'epic-fied' than really necessary though, but that was expected. For example the 'Mummy-esque' face that appears in the water and later also in the fire. It's supposed to do well in the cinemas. :)
I also think that the events seemed more coincidental than when you read them in the book, but yeah, it's just not possible to put all of that in a movie. You could say the same about the other HP movies, more or less. I thought it was a bit odd that they kept saying that Harry has 'his mother's eyes', when Lili's eyes are brown in the movie... A bit strange, but I suppose it's not a big deal.
Did anyone else think that Helena Bonham Carter was extremely convincing in Gringotts? Amazing. :D

Oh and prof McGonagall was EPIC WIN! :jmp::jmp:

Rivendell
15-07-11, 02:20
I loved it. So much.

Snape and everything revolving around him and his past? Perfection. >The unexpected sight of him cradling Lily's corpse started the tears..<

The fact they finally fixed (...or showed a different part of) the Grand Staircase? Brilliant.

Ron & Hermione and their mini exploration back to film 2 - loved it.

Neville.. Perfect.

The Malfoy family? ... I'm tiring of writing 'perfect'.

Molly's moment? - Let's just say that that was one of the many times people whooped and cheered during the film! I've never been in a cinema where people have done that, but it was so fitting and totally showed how much people love these characters.

The amount of sobbing, sniffing and crying noises around me in the cinema was pretty surreal.

I need to see it again. And re-read the entire series. Again. Then maybe again.

:hug:

xcrushterx
15-07-11, 02:23
Just got back! I thought it was brilliant! Im both happy and sad about it tbh. It was a good ending, but I don't want it to end :(

Shark_Blade
15-07-11, 02:29
Got my tickets for this evening. :D

**** Transformers, I'm watching Harry Potter, bitches! :ohn:

Suzan
15-07-11, 09:18
I loved it so much, I wanna see it again :(! I didn't get this feeling from any other HP movies.

touchthesky
15-07-11, 09:35
I cried my eyes out at the whole Snape thing. Oh my God. I knew it was going to be sad but seriously..big big kudos to Rickman for that.

Not my daughter you bitch was..eh...I expected more but nevermind.

Over all I loved it, and I am sat here contemplating going again at half 12!

Rivendell
15-07-11, 09:58
Forgot to add - the Gringotts Dragon was possibly the coolest CGI Dragon I've ever seen. :tmb:

touchthesky
15-07-11, 10:04
Forgot to add - the Gringotts Dragon was possibly the coolest CGI Dragon I've ever seen. :tmb:

Felt right sorry for him though eh :(!

Rivendell
15-07-11, 10:18
Bigtime, especially when he was cowering at the sound of the bells. The chains gauged into his neck weren't a nice sight.
He made damn cool noises though, and seemed like something that could quite easily have been in Jurassic Park!
:D

touchthesky
15-07-11, 10:22
Haha yeah he was epic!

HBC did an ace job at the beginning too, didn't she!

Rivendell
15-07-11, 10:40
I expected no less from her! That was another part which was spot-on exactly how I imagined it in the book. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

I can't wait to see it again!

Because I only got into the series when GoF's Book was released, I've only had the books since then in hardback. So this morning, I just ordered the first three in hardback so my collection looks more consistent.. :whi: Plus, y'know, I've got to read them all again...

Tonyrobinson
15-07-11, 13:15
I thought Helena was under used but then again she's my favourite actress, (Johnny Depp is my favourite actor funny enough but not because they are in Burton's films, side note: Morgan Freeman is awesome too! :p) I just loved her as Bellatrix they could not of got anyone better she gives off a real Wicked Witch style. But there was actually a few characters I though where under used to be honest but they probably would've knocked of the pacing a bit.

I'd definatley characterise alot of the cast with cameo appearances more so than supporting roles Rupert and Emma aren't actually used all that much compared to the previous films but Robbie Coltrane is virtually non-exsistant I was satisfyed with the cameos from Miriam Margoyles, Maggie Smith and Emma Thompson though. Alan Rickman ofcourse takes the cake for being the best actor in the movie surprisingly along side Daniel Radcliffe who's acting is to me always a little bit off.

Then again we had alot of Ralph Fiennes in this one and he was spectacular and the over the topness he gave Voldemort just leant itself so, so, very well to the character.

:)

touchthesky
15-07-11, 15:02
Just back from the second time round. I'm curious..how did Snape have the memory of Lily telling Harry to be safe and strong even though he wasn't there at the time? Am I just being totally stupid here or is that not actually possible?

Also, did anyone else not notice Wood? I thought he was cast.

AND now that Teddy wasn't in it, the whole "remus and I have something to tell you" thing makes no sense haha. Folk who are just into the movies will still be waiting to find out what it was. :p

Tonyrobinson
15-07-11, 15:09
Well they do mention Teddy in the resurrection stone scene despite the fact that Tonk's doesn't swell through out the movie. :vlol:

I think it was implied that she was pregnant though didn't she have her hand on her stomach when she said it. :confused:

As for Wood I just seen him flying about in the backround during the slow motion scene with Neville, at least it looked like him. :p

peeves
15-07-11, 16:47
I'm back from the film. It's the best one yet IMO. Certain parts were emotional such as When snape dies and the pensieve where the music from dumbledore's death plays 2 films back. I didn't cry at all. So my favorite to least favorite:
1.DH2
2.DH1
3.GoF
4.HBP
5.OotP
*cough downhill*
6.CoS
7.PS
8.PoA

robm_2007
15-07-11, 17:25
I'm back from the film. It's the best one yet IMO. Certain parts were emotional such as When snape dies and the pensieve where the music from dumbledore's death plays 2 films back. I didn't cry at all. So my favorite to least favorite:
1.DH2
2.DH1
3.GoF
4.HBP
5.OotP
*cough downhill*
6.CoS
7.PS
8.PoA

You dont get to have an opinion, when you rank POA as the worst :pi:

Carbonek_0051
15-07-11, 17:30

+1

And GoF as 3?! WHAT?!

xcrushterx
15-07-11, 17:36
Why does everyone give CoS so much hate? :(

Carbonek_0051
15-07-11, 17:44

I personally just thought it was the most cheesy film of the series (right next to GoF). :p Still haven't seen DH 1 & 2. But my ranking is:

1. PoA
2. OotP
3. HBP
4. tSS
5. CoS
6. GoF

Wana b like Lara
15-07-11, 17:48
I CANT WAIT! But then again I can! :(

I sooooooooooooooooooo dont want it to end! :'( 10 years of my life! Never to be relived again!

peeves
15-07-11, 18:36
I don't like Prisoner of Azkaban. :(

+1

And GoF as 3?! WHAT?!
I like Goblet of Fire alot.

I thought S(P)S, CoS, and PoA were boring. From a scale on 1 to 10 for each potter film mine would be:
PS - 4/10
CoS - 4/10
PoA - 2/10
GoF - 9/10
OotP - 9/10
HBP - 9/10
DH1 - 10/10
DH2 - 10/10

Cochrane
15-07-11, 18:36
So I've just seen the last movie, and it was better than the first one, although it still shared a lot of its problems: All pictures and all moments are trying so desperately hard to be epic that quite often, it feels I am locked out. I only get to watch, I don't feel drawn in at all. The characters are all distant, and most important things are not said, only vaguely implied. This movie had more of the fun character moments, but still, more focus on the characters and less on the (spectacular) landscapes, CGI, shot composition and so on would have been great.

Still, it was nice to watch.

Aphrodite22
15-07-11, 19:09
I saw it yesterday, It was pretty good! my fave part was when they show all the snape-lilly relationship, that was totally unexpected for me. (i havent read any book). The ending was reaaally funny and bit ridiculous, maybe harry potter dying would have been more dramatic and realistic, idk..

But since the 6th movie, hp and the half blood prince, ive kind of lost interest, that movie was the first hp movie i didnt completely enjoy,
then the next one i enjoyed it a bit more and this one a bit more
but im not like omg i wanna see it again
(I saw the 1,2,3,4, and 5th. movies more than once at the cinema). Its weird....

Zelda master
15-07-11, 19:41
(i havent read any book)

Then read the book, it's way better then the movie... But on it's own it wasn't half bad:)

Hyper_Crazy
15-07-11, 21:11
Saw DH2 earlier, all I can say is wow. I think the films beautifully presented right from the start all the way to the end. I loved the opening, so different from all the others: the dementors, the students marching, Snape watching over them. Shows how much has changed from the first film really. :')
Defiantly my favourite film of the series.

Doing a film studies course makes me anaylse everything so I could talk about each scene for about 10 minutes. Wow, I'm so sad. :')

peeves
15-07-11, 21:27
My favorite part of Deathly Hallows part 2 was During the pensieve part with all those flashbacks when the dumbledore's death music was playing from HBP that part was the most epic part in Harry Potter history.

Aphrodite22
15-07-11, 21:33
^I totally agree.

Nemo_91
15-07-11, 21:45
I just watched Part 1 for the second time. I think it's one of my favourite films in the series. Can't wait to see Part 2, I hope it's even better!

My ranking is:

1. PoA
2. DH1
3. HBP
4. OotP
5. GoF
6. PS
7. CoS

Hopefully DH2 will be somewhere at the top :p

Angelus
15-07-11, 21:48
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281826_118028641623751_117989641627651_139605_8361 958_n.jpg

Nemo_91
15-07-11, 21:52
http://i52.************/zskgih.jpg

AmericanAssassin
15-07-11, 21:54
^ OMG! LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :vlol:

Angelus
15-07-11, 22:24
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270701_118029058290376_117989641627651_139632_6746 263_n.jpg

robm_2007
15-07-11, 22:55
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

So I've watched DH2 about 2 hours ago. I did like it. I think that best part was Molly Weasley's adn Bellatrix Lestranges encounter. "Not my daughter, you Bitch!" I'm so glad they kept that in there :p

I also loved every scene with Snape, Alan Rickman is a god in this, even in the few scenes that he is in :cool:

Although, becuase I havent seen DH1 yet, this film felt sort of empty, but only due to the ignorance of that film that I have. But I have read the book, mind you.

Right now, I give it a 7/10, but mostly due to it feeling incomplete from not watching DH1 yet.
----
If I make some Oscar predictions/wishes

Best Supporting Actor (Alan Rickman. Simply divine in this. His intonation and articulation in addition with his deep voice make for a quite a performance. My favorite character form any franchise performed by my favorite actor.)
Best Cinematography (I love the camera work)
Best Art Direction
Best Makeup (The Goblins' prostetics, the look of Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort's face, etc)
Best Visual Effects (That dragon was the best of its kind, form any film. The spells and destruction are good.)
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Original Score (All the music was great. I know some of it is reused, but whatever is original is worthy of a nom)
Although my slightly unrealistic nomination one is Best Picture, only to more reward the franchise with a nomination from its years of wonder. And the academy can nominate from 5-10 films for Best Picture and worse films have gotten in these past couple years (The Blind Side, The Reader, Avatar, etc :pi:)

peeves
15-07-11, 23:07
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

So I've watched DH2 about 2 hours ago. I did like it. I think that best part was Molly Weasley's adn Bellatrix Lestranges encounter. "Not my daughter, you Bitch!" I'm so glad they kept that in there :p

I also loved every scene with Snape, Alan Rickman is a god in this, even in the few scenes that he is in :cool:

Although, becuase I havent seen DH1 yet, this film felt sort of empty, but only due to the ignorance of that film that I have. But I have read the book, mind you.

Right now, I give it a 7/10, but mostly due to it feeling incomplete from not watching DH1 yet.
----
If I make some Oscar predictions/wishes

Best Supporting Actor (Alan Rickman. Simply divine in this. His intonation and articulation in addition with his deep voice make for a quite a performance. My favorite character form any franchise performed by my favorite actor.)
Best Cinematography (I love the camera work)
Best Art Direction
Best Makeup (The Goblins' prostetics, the look of Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort's face, etc)
Best Visual Effects (That dragon was the best of its kind, form any film. The spells and destruction are good.)
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Original Score (All the music was great. I know some of it is reused, but whatever is original is worthy of a nom)
Although my slightly unrealistic nomination one is Best Picture, only to more reward the franchise with a nomination from its years of wonder. And the academy can nominate from 5-10 films for Best Picture and worse films have gotten in these past couple years (The Blind Side, The Reader, Avatar, etc :pi:)

So can you tell me why you haven't watched DH1 yet? :confused:

robm_2007
15-07-11, 23:12
So can you tell me why you haven't watched DH1 yet? :confused:

Your post portrays a confused tone parallel to one if I said I set myself on fire just for fun :pi:
---
I was going to watch it in theatres, but had school and had to go on a day that I wasnt busy, so the day that I went, I looked up the showtimes online and they said that it was playing the day that I was to go.

But they lied ;__; It was no longer playing the day I went to the movies

So, I watched True Grit and Black Swan instead.
---
I was thinking about buying it on DVD, but I would rather buy the complete set when it comes out. I also didnt see it at Target anyways, except for the Years 1-7, Part One set on BluRay, but it was 109 ****ing dollars! :ohn:

Maybe I can find someone who has it on DVD or pirated :pi:
---
But anyways, I've read all the books, while you have read none of them, AFAIR, so hush up :mis:

2kool4u
15-07-11, 23:20
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN SHUTDOWN!

:p

#instigating

Shark_Blade
16-07-11, 07:59
Watched it. I felt like my life was ended.

SPOILER

What I felt:
- A bit dissapointed with Bellatrix's death, I mean she burst into dust..
- The Kiss is overrated, I felt it was so rushed between Ron and Hermione but still nice. It's really not a big deal like the media and people were hyping it about.
- When Fred died it was so sad I almost shed a tear.
- Dissapointed a bit that Trelawney wasn't shown fighting the war with her crystal balls.
- What's the point of Grawp if he didn't join the war? But I guess Hagrid wouldn't allow it.

Other than that, everything is top notch. A 9/10 from me.
I think I'll watch it again.

touchthesky
16-07-11, 09:47
Going again today for times 3 and 4.

Seeing it in 3d myself at 2pm then seeing it again with my bf at 5.40 lmao!

Rai
16-07-11, 10:36
Saw it last night. Totally amazed. Yes there were changes, at one point I really thought they'd cut out Neville's glory moment, but then all was fine. I didn't mind any other changes as they add surprise to a story you already know from the books. I'd count this as the best Harry Potter film. Alan Rickman was astounding as Snape, i got all emotional over the Pensieve scenes and his death. So glad they kept Molly and Bellatrix's duel in!

I could go on and on with praise. I have to see this again. Can't wait for the DVD to watch both parts together.

Shark_Blade
16-07-11, 11:06
Watched it again.

Felt much better about it as a whole. God it was so..amazing.

I absolutely loathed the Epilogue (19 Years Later) part in the book. But seeing it in the movie, eventhough it's funny seeing them in grownups makeup, felt thoroughly satisfying and heartwarming - like everything came in full circle. Everything begins again with new life, sending children to their school...it's so grounded and human.

touchthesky
16-07-11, 11:09
Draco looks hiliarious in that epilogue lmaoo.

:D

Rai
16-07-11, 11:15
^I think I blinked and almost missed it. Wish there was a pic of him.

I feel bad that I laughed at Voldy's first reaction to Neville. :(

touchthesky
16-07-11, 13:01
;)

http://fcdn.filmonic.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/draco-malfoy-epilogue.jpg

Rai
16-07-11, 13:23
Oh dear. Poor aged up Draco. He looks way older than someone about 36. I'm surprised they didn't give him a sort of Lucius-alike-makeover.

Thanks touchthesky. :)

Shark_Blade
16-07-11, 15:02
Yeah when I saw Draco with that shoe brush beard of his, I was like wtf?:p

*sigh* I'm gonna read the books again. I'm at Chamber of Secrets.
Isn't it weird that Percy deducted points from Ron when he went to the girls bathroom, but in Order of the Phoenix, Hermione said that prefects can't deduct points?

xcrushterx
16-07-11, 15:10
Yeah when I saw Draco with that shoe brush beard of his, I was like wtf?:p

*sigh* I'm gonna read the books again. I'm at Chamber of Secrets.
Isn't it weird that Percy deducted points from Ron when he went to the girls bathroom, but in Order of the Phoenix, Hermione said that prefects can't deduct points?
According to the Harry Potter wiki, prefects can deduct points from their own house, but not the other three.

ggctuk
16-07-11, 17:58
Luna and Neville. :)

From what I gather, this is not entirely true: Matthew Lewis confirms that while Neville did confess that he loves Luna, this is a summer fling before Neville moves on to Hannah.

dizzydoil
16-07-11, 18:07
Saw it. Loved it! Didn't get upset...was dissapointed, I expected too. :p

Nemo_91
16-07-11, 18:39
Just got back from seeing it. I absolutely loved it. :p Probably my second favourite film in the series.

Carbonek_0051
16-07-11, 18:40
I saw it last night and loved it, some things felt like they were just trying to cram in the best moments and make it epic. But then again, I guess it's understandable when it's a film. I still need to see the first part. :pi:

Nemo_91
16-07-11, 19:35
I loved Part 1; I can understand why so many people don't like it though. It's quite slow-paced and doesn't have many 'epic' scenes. :p

And although I loved both DH films, I still consider PoA as my favourite in the series.

Carbonek_0051
16-07-11, 19:41
I still consider PoA as my favourite in the series.

Same, my ranking is now:

1. PoA
2. DH pt. 2
3. OotP
4. HBP
5. tSS
6. CoS
7. GoF

touchthesky
16-07-11, 20:31
That awkward moment when Voldemort tries to hug you.

moodydog
16-07-11, 21:28
Haven't seen this one, but I can't wait.

My Rankings so far are;

7 The Philosophers Stone
6 Chamber of Secrets
5 Goblet of Fire
4 The Half-Blood Prince
3 Order of the Phoenix
2 The Prisoner of Askabam
1 The Deathly Hallows Part 1

irishhips
16-07-11, 21:46
I saw it tonight. It was great, it had it moments. It nice send off for the series.

Isaac
17-07-11, 04:40
Just came.

I also saw the second part. There is no word to express how I enjoyed it. Everything was well done, from the emotional moments to the epic ones. There is only two details I have to say:
1- Apparently, three tears is enough to fulfill a flask lol.
2- I would have made the battle moments longer, I mean, the whole second part was exposed as an epic battle at Hogwart, yet we only get quick parts of it (they're very good though), the other moments are dedicated to Harry, Ron, Hermione.

The epilogue was also surprisingly well done, which is the part I hated the most in the book lol.

Rai
17-07-11, 11:39
Just came.

I also saw the second part. There is no word to express how I enjoyed it. Everything was well done, from the emotional moments to the epic ones. There is only two details I have to say:
1- Apparently, three tears is enough to fulfill a flask lol.
2- I would have made the battle moments longer, I mean, the whole second part was exposed as an epic battle at Hogwart, yet we only get quick parts of it (they're very good though), the other moments are dedicated to Harry, Ron, Hermione.

The epilogue was also surprisingly well done, which is the part I hated the most in the book lol.

I actually liked the direction the film took with the Hogwarts fight. Even though there were fight scenes taken out and stuff changed, they added stuff too and I liked how it was Ron, Hermione and Harry right through to the end, except when it was necessary for them to split up.

Yeah, the Epilogue was surprisingly good, it plays out better on screen than off the page.

xcrushterx
17-07-11, 12:47
Did anyone notice this? *spoilery* http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lodxljRwMA1qip73ao1_500.gif It's so sad, George turns to say something to Fred when they see Harry's still alive, but he's not there :(

Isaac
17-07-11, 14:41
I actually liked the direction the film took with the Hogwarts fight. Even though there were fight scenes taken out and stuff changed, they added stuff too and I liked how it was Ron, Hermione and Harry right through to the end, except when it was necessary for them to split up.

I agree, but considering the film only last two hours, they could have easily add extra scenes of it without ruining the story much.

Rai
17-07-11, 17:54
^Maybe they'll add extra fight scenes to a special edition of the DVD.

JonnyT
17-07-11, 18:27
I saw Part 2 today. It was so good :p

FourBalls
17-07-11, 18:42
So I saw the film a few hours ago and just had to also write some thoughts down :p

It was amazing and a bit disappointing at the same time.

Things I loved:
- The emotion this movie had. I first teared up right at the start when they show Hogwarts and the students marching and Snape there. I got through half of it without tears but the whole Snape thing and Fred and the trio before Harry went to the forest, even the dragon...and the music in the end of the movie, straight from the first one, felt so nostalgic. Just wow :(
- Professor McGonagall, and the fight she had with Snape was SO awesome.
- The overall feel of the movie was spot on. Also the room of requirements scene was EXACTLY as I had imagined it. Same with Gringotts, even though I think the items were supposed to also burn them? I haven't read the books in a while.
- I really liked the kiss :) It was simple and didn't look awkward at all to me. I've kept myself pretty distant from all the hype so my expectations were pretty low :p
- The Resurrection Stone scene - "Stay close to me." - *tear* :(

But yeah, as I said I felt a disappointed at some bits:
- I wish they'd shown the battle a bit more, I mean actual fighting. I kind of expected it to be like in OotP but meh.
- The funny one-liners felt a bit forced. It's a dark movie, I'm sure the audience gets it. No need for random comic relief.
- Harry and Ginny...omg they DO NOT work in the movies AT ALL.
- "Not my daughter, you Bitch!" I don't even know what to say :p In my head I imagined it to be more dramatic.
- The Forbidden Forest - my favourite chapter in the book during which I cried my eyes out, seriously. There's just SO much emotional potential that they sadly didn't use. Oh well.
- And finally...The way they finished off Voldemort. Felt a bit let down because I imagined it to be way more intense. For one, I would have expected them to actually yell out their spells...It was okay, though :) Not epic, but okay.

Overall I'd still give it 9/10 because I understand that some stuff needs to be left out, and some stuff just wouldn't have worked in the movie. They managed to stay quite true to the book though, more than they have with the previous ones. But I have to say...When in the past I've managed to appreciate the books and movies separately, without comparing them much, then this time I think the book really is many, many, many times better. Nothing beats your own imagination, and I guess in this case I expected the film to be more similar to mine (since it is the very last film of the series, and it was their last time to "get it right" :p).

Anyway yeah, sorry, longest post yet XD An era has actually ended, after all. Now can't wait to see it again :p

touchthesky
17-07-11, 19:17
No Wormtail...:O

Rivendell
17-07-11, 19:35

He should've strangled himself in DH1. Too gruesome?

Tonyrobinson
17-07-11, 21:23
Too comedic apparently. ;)

Got back from seeing it the fourth time tonight and my dad handed me an envelope, he'd booked a holiday to Florida for April with tickets to The Wizarding world of Harry Potter! :jmp:

Rai
17-07-11, 23:04
^ you lucky son of a...really great dad! *jealous* :p

Raider4Ever96
17-07-11, 23:29
The movie was so damn amazing. I held back the tears up until Harry talks to all his deceased loved ones in the forest. I quickly calmed myself down but when Voldemort had finally been killed and Harry was walking through the ruins of the castle looking at all his surviving friends I choked up again.

The Epilogue killed me. I cried all the way home.:(:o

Shark_Blade
18-07-11, 00:43

He should've strangled himself in DH1. Too gruesome?

Too comedic apparently. ;)
Being attacked by Dobby and fainted was waaay more comedic than strangling yourself imo. :p But Wormtail is the least of our concern imo.

I don't know why, but Ginny seems like she's too woody in her acting. When Neville fell from the broken bridge, she just stood there, hesitant to grab him to safety. When she saw Harry return to Hogwarts, she just stood there going "Harry!"...no emotions much? O_x Either she was acting like that, or the writers/director doesn't really give her much freedom. I dunno.

I looked for the OST for Deathly Hallows Part 2 but it's not out yet here. How weird..

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/07/box-office-harry-potter-deathly-hallow-part-2-winnie-the-pooh.html

Box Office: Final 'Harry Potter' film has highest-grossing domestic opening of all time

In his final act, "Harry Potter" conjured a masterful spell over audiences this weekend, as the eighth film in the massively popular franchise became the highest-grossing movie opening of all time at the domestic box office.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2" raked in an unprecedented $168.6 million at the box office in just three days, flying past the $158.4-million record set by 2008's "The Dark Knight," according to an estimate by distributor Warner Bros.

The film about a boy wizard began breaking box office records only hours after it opened on Friday -- selling more tickets during post-midnight screenings than any other movie in history, and then passing the milestone for all-time highest single-day-gross with $92.1 million. The movie went on gross far more than any "Harry Potter" film has on its first weekend in theaters. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1," released last November, previously held that record with $125 million in ticket sales upon its debut.

Abroad, the last "Potter" installment also had a magical touch. As of Saturday, the film had collected $157.5 million in 59 foreign markets since it opened Wednesday in some overseas markets. That put the film's receipts 45% above those of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1" after the same time period in those countries.

Those who saw the film loved it, giving it an average grade of A, according to market research film CinemaScore. "Deathly Hallows -- Part 2," also the best-reviewed film of the series, appealed to a broad audience, though the crowd was somewhat more female (54%) than male (46%). Folks of all ages saw the movie: 28% of the crowd was under 18, while 20% was between the ages of 45 and 49. The film was also the first in the franchise to be released in 3-D, and about 43% of the audience watched it in that format.

Interestingly, a bulk of the U.S. business for “Deathly Hallows -- Part 2” came from Salt Lake City. Utah’s Jordan Commons megaplex sold more tickets to the final “Potter” film than any other theater in the country with $360,400 in receipts. Theaters in New York and San Francisco followed behind, but the fifth highest-grossing theater was also in Salt Lake. The headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is headquartered in Salt Lake City. Jeffrey Roy Holland, a Mormon senior apostle, appears to be a "Potter" supporter and has referred to J.K. Rowling's books in public addresses.

Winnie The only film brave enough to open opposite the "Harry Potter" juggernaut this weekend was "Winnie the Pooh," Disney's attempt to reintroduce the iconic honey-loving bear to modern audiences. But the hand-drawn animated film, rated G, mustered only $8 million in ticket sales.

Those who saw "Pooh" -- an audience dominated by families, which accounted for 85% of those who saw the movie -- liked it, giving it an average grade of A-. Disney, which spent about $30 million to produce the movie, can only hope that the strong grade will help "Pooh" hold up well in the coming weeks as the "Harry Potter" buzz begins to fade.

[Updated, 11:45 a.m.: By weekend's end, "Deathly Hallows -- Part 2" will have grossed a whopping $307 million overseas, according to estimates, marking the biggest international weekend ever. The film performed best in the United Kingdom, where it collected $36.6 million, as well as Australia, where it made $26.7 million.

Two films that opened last weekend, "Horrible Bosses" and "Zookeeper," both had a solid hold at the box office despite the "Potter" onslaught. "Bosses," about three guys trying to kill their superiors, saw its ticket sales drop only 38% to $17.6 million, while receipts for the Kevin James family comedy "Zookeeper" fell 39% to $12.3 million.

Meanwhile, Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris" this weekend officially became the filmmaker's highest-grossing film ever in North America. Since its release in May, the film has collected $41.8 million in the U.S. and Canada, surpassing the $40.1 million Allen's "Hannah and her Sisters" collected in 1986. Owen Wilson, who stars in "Paris," had this to say of the achievement: "Congratulations Woody -- delighted and honored to have been included."

Here are the top 10 movies at the domestic box office, with international grosses when available, according to studio estimates and Hollywood.com:
1. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2" (Warner Bros.): Opened to $168.6 million. $307 million overseas in 59 foreign markets.

2. "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" (Paramount): $21.3 million on its third weekend, down 55%. $39 million overseas in 59 foreign markets. Domestic total: $302.8 million. International total: $460 million.

3. "Horrible Bosses" (Warner Bros.): $17.6 million on its second weekend, down 38%. Domestic total: $60 million.

4. "Zookeeper" (MGM/Sony): $12.3 million on its second weekend, down 39%. $5.1 million overseas in 17 foreign markets. Domestic total: $42.4 million. International total: $15.8 million.

5. "Cars 2" (Disney/Pixar): $8.3 million on its fourth weekend, down 45%. $12.4 million overseas in 28 foreign markets. Domestic total: $165.3 million. International total: $146.6 million.

6. "Winnie the Pooh" (Disney): Opened to $8 million.

7. "Bad Teacher" (Sony): $5.2 million on its fourth weekend, down 42%. $6.5 million overseas in 30 foreign markets. Domestic total: $88.5 million. International total: $58.2 million.

8. "Larry Crowne" (Universal/Vendôme): $2.6 million on its third weekend, down 57%. Domestic total: $31.6 million.

9. "Super 8" (Paramount): $1.9 million on its sixth weekend, down 60%. Domestic total: $122.2 million.

10. "Midnight in Paris" (Sony Pictures Classics): $1.9 million on its ninth weekend, down 28%. Domestic total: $41.8 million.]

-- Amy Kaufman

dizzydoil
18-07-11, 01:00
OMG. Go Potter! :tmb::jmp:

Cali
18-07-11, 01:54
And then people still go and watch it illegally on the internet. My friend said she was watching it just at home, and it really made me angry. When films this good first come out, you should go to the cinema and pay, or just wait 6 months or whatever for the DVD. It just annoys me...and wouldn't it ruin the whole finale finishing ending forever experience?

Sorry just had to mini rant...seeing as it was slightly relevant.

Shark_Blade
18-07-11, 02:58
^Yeah, but I believe in karma. What you steal will come back to you.

Anyway, I have watched the movie 2 times now. I think I want to go for a third lol.
And then re-read the books again.

Did you guys dress up when you went to the cinema? I first planned to wear a robe or something but decided against it in the last minute. I wanted to go as "just myself" with plain clothes - I decided that Harry Potter inspired and changed my life back then (even till today) and I would again be "just myself" for the ending.

touchthesky
18-07-11, 08:19
I didn't dress up but I took m Bellatrix wand :D!

Shark_Blade
18-07-11, 08:29
Heh, that's nice. :D Bellatrix's wand has its fame moment, being inspected by Mr Ollivanders.

Isaac
18-07-11, 10:49
In the room of requirement scene, I saw a big plant wrapped around a column... I think it was the plant under the trap in the first movie.

Did anyone notice this?

Shark_Blade
18-07-11, 11:09
I think it looks like a flytrap plant.

Devil Snare (in the first movie) usually inhabit in complete darkness but that room has light. :confused:

Tonyrobinson
18-07-11, 11:29
Fun bit of Harry Potter knowledge "Doxy" has an originated meaning of "prostitute". :p

Shark_Blade
18-07-11, 11:37
What on earth is Doxy?

Lumos, Nox, Incendio.. that I know..

Rai
18-07-11, 12:27
Doxies are the creatures in the curtains in Grimauld Place that they eradicate during the cleaning.

lord gaga
18-07-11, 13:12
I had watched the movie yesterday and i still think that movie was 10/10 combined with the 1st part! AMAZING :cln:.

Rai
18-07-11, 13:34
I had watched the movie yesterday and i still think that movie was 10/10 combined with the 1st part! AMAZING :cln:.

As I said earlier, I'd love to see both parts together. The contrast would be quite striking - not as in good or bad, but in the direction and pace.

Tonyrobinson
18-07-11, 13:34
You know I think I'm the only person who thinks Part 2 could've been a stand alone movie because the first part is so slow and paced out and the second is really non-stop action I'd have to see them together first but to me the pace changes might make it a bit clunky. :o

Rai
18-07-11, 13:38
Oh i don't think so. I think the pace of the first part makes the second part seem more urgent, more intense and epic. You'd build up to it and then you can feel Harry's urgency to get this thing done, to finish it. And the emotions are overwhelming. I think there is enough action and emotion in DH1 to tie the two parts together

Indiana Croft
18-07-11, 13:39
The last harry potter movie was...eh. The typical "white room scenes" as I call them usually stop the movie dead, in which case it very much did for me. I will admit to not loyally reading the books after the Goblet of Fire, so I didn't know what I was expecting, but deathly hallows part 2 just didn't do it for me, idk why.

peeves
18-07-11, 14:37
I think DH2 deserved to sell the most at this weekend's box office.

xcrushterx
18-07-11, 20:28
Re-reading the books right now! One thing has just hit me, though! Cho Chang is supposed to be a year older than the trio, so why was she at Hogwarts? D:

ggctuk
18-07-11, 20:39
Maybe Snape had made an eighth year... since attendance was compulsory for all young witches and wizards.

irishhips
18-07-11, 21:45
I think the relationship between Harry and Ginny in films are bit short and rushed a bit >_<

peeves
18-07-11, 22:04
Re-reading the books right now! One thing has just hit me, though! Cho Chang is supposed to be a year older than the trio, so why was she at Hogwarts? D:

Maybe Snape had made an eighth year... since attendance was compulsory for all young witches and wizards.

I'm guessing that cho was older than the trio by a year but she didn't turn 17 until september when harry started his sixth year at hogwarts.

Rivendell
18-07-11, 22:07
In the books I'm pretty sure it mentions her returning, but only to fight along with others like Molly, etc. She had a uniform on in the film, didn't she? In which case it's probably a mistake. Nicely noticed! :tmb:

Tonyrobinson
18-07-11, 22:18
Cho is in Harry's year in the movie and the year above in the books. The OOTP movie says Cho was obsessing about her OWLs when Hermione tries to explain her emotions, many people think she wasn't present in the HBP movie as she had graduated but as stated in the previous film this was not the case in real life Katie Leung had decided to opt out of filming to record other projects. :)

peeves
18-07-11, 22:37
I'm glad Filch's cat returned in this film because she wasn't in the previous 2 films.

Tonyrobinson
18-07-11, 22:40
Ooh, I didn't spot her what scene was she in I'll have to look out for her. :D

Shark_Blade
19-07-11, 00:04
It's where Filch was sweeping the floor after Voldy's death. :p

Love2Raid
19-07-11, 02:26
^
That was so funny. :vlol:
There was actually a lot of humour in this movie, even in parts where I would never expect it to be. :o
For example when Neville walks up to Voldemort (I laughed as well, Rai XD) and when the Death Eaters laugh because of Harry's death, right after they stop laughing Voldemort is still like 'hehehe', that was funny too. Strangely enough. :p

italibabee
19-07-11, 02:29
When Voldemort hugs draco....everyone was laughing like crazy...:vlol:

I just hated when there were scenes that were meant to be serious and some people in the theater were laughing....:pi:

Ceamonks890
19-07-11, 08:52
I watched Deathly Hallows Part 2 today with my parents, brother and cousin and I have to say, that I feel like a piece of me just died inside(when the movie ended), since I've been watching Harry Potter, since I was 8 years old:(

The movie was still great to watch, although I got upset a bit when:

-When you saw a lot of students/teachers were dead(Fred Weasley, Lupin and his wife, for example). I thought in one scene, that I saw Prof. Flitwick dead on the ground(It was a short guy, so I guessed it was him.)

-Snape's death(I didn't think I would feel sorry for him, but I did, when he got killed by Voldemort's pet snake.)

-Harry saying he was ready to die:(

-The ending overall. Loved how they added the ending music from the first film.

One funny moment happened, when the '19 years later' bit popped up, and then the cinema had a 'power surge'(which I think was really someone being stupid with the film projector:pi:. Oddly enough, some people started leaving, thinking it was the ending:vlol: Then they fixed it after 5 minutes, and we saw the last few minutes of it.)

peeves
19-07-11, 15:05
I was listening to Severus and Lily track last night the end of it was emotional. :(

The Great Chi
19-07-11, 21:54
Well saw it today in glorious 2D, I do not like 3D as its sore on the eyes.

What a brilliant film compaired to the slower and labourious wilderness campsite journeys of part 1.

Gringots bank raid was a brilliant start.

And it has been so long since I had read the book, that I had forgot about Neviles use of the sword, Nice ;)

Liked the fact that the goodies were actually destroying the baddies now, instead of just stupifing them.

SPOILER..."
Belaroux getting a nasty end was even more gratifying than 'him that cannot be named' getting his demise, even felt a bit sorry for him realising he was finished."....SPOILER

Rivendell
19-07-11, 23:21
I'm going to see it again tomorrow! :D

I agree with what some people were saying though - I didn't like the fact people were laughing towards the end, with Voldemort victorious. It felt awkward, granted, but it shouldn't have been funny..!

just*raidin*tomb
19-07-11, 23:30
Gosh, I'm going to miss Harry Potter.

And I am in love with Hermione, aka Emma.

She is the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life.

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk393/Niki92/Harry%20Potter/tumblr_lcdkr5vlCM1qzgwino1_500.gif

unf She is freaking adorable. D:

Rai
19-07-11, 23:48
I'm going to see it again tomorrow! :D

I agree with what some people were saying though - I didn't like the fact people were laughing towards the end, with Voldemort victorious. It felt awkward, granted, but it shouldn't have been funny..!

Buuut. He was saying some funny lines :(. Like when Neville stepped forward, I couldn't help laugh at that one line and then I was all 'awww Neville :hug:'. It was a sort of involuntary laugh not a hahaha LV is soo funny.

The scenes with Voldemort at that time evoked so many emotions. The whole film evoked so so many emotions. I was all over the place by the end, I just didn't know what emotion to go with. Happy for the ending, sad that it was all over, eager to see more only to realise there was no more. I was like that with the book.

peeves
19-07-11, 23:50
The DH2 DVD is due to release on December 9th.

trXD
20-07-11, 03:35
Harry Potter Gay porn actor meets Emma Watson (http://thedailywh.at/2011/07/19/doppelgaynger-of-the-day/#disqus_thread)

Oh god, this really made me LOL!

just*raidin*tomb
20-07-11, 03:37
"Whorrey Potter and the Sorcerer’s Balls"

I am crying.

Shark_Blade
20-07-11, 03:42
Apparently, when he told her about his latest film role it made her night.
Ahahaha that made my day. :vlol:

peeves
20-07-11, 17:35
Did anyone get HBP on regular TV yet in other countries?

Raziel66
20-07-11, 17:40
If anyone has the urge to see the "Not my daughter you @5XpO*-" scene, then here it is :D

4uC8scvE2A0

peeves
20-07-11, 17:42
If anyone has the urge to see the "Not my daughter you @5XpO*-" scene, then here it is :D

4uC8scvE2A0

Nice scene. And is the prince's tale scene available on youtube? It ain't. :(

Raziel66
20-07-11, 17:44
Nice scene. And is the prince's tale scene available on youtube? It ain't. :(

I don't think so, only fan-made.

italibabee
20-07-11, 22:38

4uC8scvE2A0

ah, everyone in the theater for the midnight premiere cheered like crazy when she got her....

Shark_Blade
21-07-11, 00:24
Does anyone know what spells Molly used? I think it's Petrifus Totalus followed by Reducto to smash her into smithereens.

Rai
21-07-11, 00:31
I love that scene! I think you're right about Reducto, but I'm not sure about Petrificus Totalus as she kinda has the air sucked out of her. That doesn't seem the right 'symptom' of that spell.

xcrushterx
21-07-11, 01:04
Does anyone know what spells Molly used? I think it's Petrifus Totalus followed by Reducto to smash her into smithereens.
I think she may have petrified her? There were a lot of references & throw backs to previous films/books in DH2, maybe that was too?

Sir Croft
21-07-11, 03:08
Just came back from the movies. It was beautiful.

Tonyrobinson
21-07-11, 04:13
I personally thought the spell Molly used was used to tighten Bellatrixes corset and wind her followed by reducto. :p

Zelda master
21-07-11, 09:36
Not sure which she used first, but it was a Reducto as a final blow, but I really thought her death was dissapointing... It came and it went... She was the worst (as in just a freaking bitch) character in the books and movies, but yet her death was all: "Meh" with me:o

irishhips
21-07-11, 10:53
Just curious why Emma, Bonnie, and Daniel didn't voice their roles in the last Deathly Hallows game. I know that Rupert, Devon, Matthew Lewis and Evanna did.

anniversarytr11
21-07-11, 12:03
^They were probably too busy

[youtube]4uC8scvE2A0[/youtube

OMG I can't wait to see this in the cinema, I'm not going to watch the link, don't want to ruin it for myself :p

The Great Chi
21-07-11, 14:19
Not sure which she used first, but it was a Reducto as a final blow, but I really thought her death was dissapointing... It came and it went... She was the worst (as in just a freaking bitch) character in the books and movies, but yet her death was all: "Meh" with me:oThe majority of us agree it was a fitting end for Bellaroux, as she was the most vile of them all, and deserved her nasty ending, quick as it was.

As for spells, well I noticed no-one was naming any, even the usual 'avera cadavra' was not mentioned much, but as I said in a previous message, at least the goodies realised it was now a case of 'to the death', so no-one was pussy footing around with minor spells.

Nevile was definately the hero of the hour ;)

peeves
21-07-11, 15:22
Reducto was used to kill bellatrix and nagini also died like bellatrix and voldemort did all 3 of those deaths were blasted to smitherines.

xcrushterx
21-07-11, 15:51
Reducto was used to kill bellatrix and nagini also died like bellatrix and voldemort did all 3 of those deaths were blasted to smitherines.
Only Bella was "blasted". Nagini and Voldemort both disintegrated :p

peeves
21-07-11, 15:54
Only Bella was "blasted". Nagini and Voldemort both disintegrated :p

I meant nagini and voldemort were disintegrated in smitherines just like riddle was disintegrated into smitherines when harry destroyed the diary.

Tonyrobinson
21-07-11, 16:51
The spell Molly used on Bella was FLIPPENDO! :vlol:

peeves
21-07-11, 17:57
The spell Molly used on Bella was FLIPPENDO! :vlol:

Did it say that in the book?

Tonyrobinson
21-07-11, 18:04
No it was a joke because Flippendo is not in the book or movies it was made up only for the games. ;)

peeves
21-07-11, 19:23
Before i saw the movie i thought molly used expelliarmus on bellatrix.

Shark_Blade
22-07-11, 01:06
Speaking about Flipendo, that reminds me of the PS1 game. Aw, bless.

2e10h5jyEqg

This makes me want to play the game again. It is the very best HP game ever imo.:hug:

igonge
22-07-11, 09:47
Saw Part 2 yesterday. My mum and I were in tears the whole way through it :p It was brilliant. My mum wants to borrow my Harry Potter books now ha ha.

Shark_Blade
22-07-11, 10:00
I can't...his laughter is hillarious.. :vlol:

pBJN6n_6Dfw

dizzydoil
22-07-11, 11:00
LOL! Everyone laughed in the cinemas too...I was like, GUYS THIS TIS SRS K? :p

I loved it when Bellatrix got blasted into smithereens - eventhough I had a soft spot for her crazy ways.

Lara Croft!
22-07-11, 12:53
Major spoilers

I saw the 2nd part yesterday and I have to say... It was epic! If only there was so much action in the previous movies. I liked the fact that it also had sentimental moments, returning to Hogwarts after so long and seeing all their friends again. I was in tears when Harry used the stone to talk to his loved ones that had departed. Heavy, heavy stuff. :(

I haven't read the books so I was in the darkness as far as the plot is concerned. I expected that Snape would be a good guy, but I did not see all the background coming. And Dymbledore to be, I wouldn't say bad, but definitely not as good as I had imagined. These two were nice plot twists.

I was very worried about those who would die, and about Ron kissing Hermione, but it all went well. I mean, some basic characters died, but at least none of the 3 protagonists.

My boyfriend said that he would like a more grande final fight, will lightnings and uplifting music. I was so taken in the moment that I didn't notice anything. For those who have read the book, was the scene described like it was in the movie?

All in all, with all the rest of the films, I would rate them from 6 to 9 out of 10. The last one is a clear 10. All the emotions that it gave me, cannot compare. I haven't felt that much anticipation and emotion in a movie since the Lord of The Rings. Whenever I saw things that reminded me of the old movies, or when they were shown as kids, tears were filling my eyes. I'm definitely not the biggest HP fan, but I like it a lot and it was the end of an era. I saw the 1st movie in the cinema when I was 14, and now, at my 24 it ended. It's just sad. I'm glad the last movie lived up to my expectations and even more.

P.S I'm SO watching it again at the cinema. :)

igonge
22-07-11, 13:38
Whenever I saw things that reminded me of the old movies, or when they were shown as kids, tears were filling my eyes.

I started crying when the titles were on the screen and then was crying at regular intervals when I kept realising that this is the finale xD. And every time there was a reference to another movie in the series I was reaching for a tissue LMAO :vlol:

Lara Croft!
22-07-11, 15:43
From Rowling's wiki:
As regards the possibility of an eighth Harry Potter book, she has said, "I can't say I'll never write another book about that world just because I think, what do I know, in ten years' time I might want to return to it but I think it's unlikely." However, on 1 October 2010, Rowling had an interview with Oprah Winfrey, stating a new book on the saga might happen.

Do you think it's probable? Would you like it?

igonge
22-07-11, 15:48
It may not be a Harry Potter book judging from what she said. I wouldn't be very happy if she did write another Harry Potter book, It would be great if she wrote another book set in the HP universe though.

peeves
22-07-11, 17:06
I don't think she'll write another potter book. The franchise has ended already.

italibabee
22-07-11, 17:13
It may not be a Harry Potter book judging from what she said. I wouldn't be very happy if she did write another Harry Potter book, It would be great if she wrote another book set in the HP universe though.

I wouldn't want her to write another HP book...I think it ended perfectly, as much as I love HP....but writing another book in the universe would be brilliant xD
I mean she created this awesome world! I'd love to read more xD

igonge
22-07-11, 17:14
^ Exactly :tmb:

peeves
22-07-11, 17:15
JK Rowling is the one to make certain HP books/films emotional not the music composers.

Angelus
22-07-11, 20:22
Finished re-reading Philosopher's Stone earlier and I'm now watching the film. :)

Rai
22-07-11, 20:36
I wouldn't want her to write another HP book...I think it ended perfectly, as much as I love HP....but writing another book in the universe would be brilliant xD
I mean she created this awesome world! I'd love to read more xD

This really. Harry's story has been told, but another story in the magical universe would be great indeed. :tmb:

dizzydoil
22-07-11, 21:02
I'd love a book set in the world of Harry Potter. How 'bout something stationed away from Hogwarts? Another school? Another country? etc

italibabee
22-07-11, 21:43
I think Riddle's story would be interesting....
Merope Gaunt and Tom Riddle Sr. to their sons story :3

and Dumbledore's family :p

igonge
22-07-11, 21:50
Finished re-reading Philosopher's Stone earlier and I'm now watching the film. :)

I remember it took me a long time to read that when I was a kid and I recently reread it in about 3 hours :vlol:

Love2Raid
22-07-11, 21:56

pBJN6n_6Dfw

Yeah, I know. :vlol:
I mentioned that part in a previous post that I made in this thread. Voldemort is so awesome in this movie. <3

Sir Croft
22-07-11, 21:57
I'd love a book set in the world of Harry Potter. How 'bout something stationed away from Hogwarts? Another school? Another country? etc

I don't know. I'd love a new book in the same universe, but I'd rather have something more mature than teenagers again, I can't see how it would be interesting without all the evil that surrounded Harry. A darker theme, maybe something related to dark magic and aurors, would be good.

Underhoe
22-07-11, 21:59
Young Lily with brown eyes was a bit disappointing.

Nenya awakens
22-07-11, 22:05
I've got the Goblet of fire in my bag with me ready to start reading again once I finish Brisingr.

italibabee
22-07-11, 22:06

pBJN6n_6Dfw
omg someone needs to make an animated gif of that...like nhaw...:vlol:
I don't know. I'd love a new book in the same universe, but I'd rather have something more mature than teenagers again, I can't see how it would be interesting without all the evil that surrounded Harry. A darker theme, maybe something related to dark magic and aurors, would be good.
That's why I suggested Merope Gaunt and Tom Riddle Sr. story to Tom Riddle (Voldemort) story....for me it could just go up to when he killed his parents....but that would be some dark book(s)

but I'd be totally cool if she didn't write them :p
something new would be cool

Tonyrobinson
22-07-11, 22:39
I just want a book if it's going to be "The Prince's tale" I would love that so much. It could explain Snapes backstory much more and about life as a death eater and the night he found Lily dead if they include it like the movie, so much potential. :)

peeves
22-07-11, 22:44
I saw that clip with voldemort saying harry potter is dead. It's hilarious. :vlol:

robm_2007
22-07-11, 23:29
I'm still glad that we are at least getting a Harry Potter lexicon (thats still planned right?)

Anyways, I would rather not have another Harry Potter and the (Insert Subtitle), book as I am contempt with Harry Potter (the character's) end in Deathly Hallows.

But of course, I would love other HP books in the universe. Perhaps like the side-books she wrote like 'Tales of Beedle the Bard' or 'Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them' (i think that was one of the books...)

Rai
22-07-11, 23:30
Young Lily with brown eyes was a bit disappointing.

She did? Harry may not have had green eyes, but there was still all the 'you have your mother's eyes' stuff going on. To have it so they don't match colour doesn't make sense. I didn't notice but now I'll be looking out for it. What colour is her older self's eyes?

And Voldermort's laugh is funny. It's a sort of non laugh like he doesn't quite know how to laugh properly. He's like a school boy bully :p.

Underhoe
22-07-11, 23:54
She did? Harry may not have had green eyes, but there was still all the 'you have your mother's eyes' stuff going on. To have it so they don't match colour doesn't make sense. I didn't notice but now I'll be looking out for it. What colour is her older self's eyes?

And Voldermort's laugh is funny. It's a sort of non laugh like he doesn't quite know how to laugh properly. He's like a school boy bully :p.

Her older self has blue eyes, just like Harry. I think it may be a huge mistake. :o
http://www.hollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Ellie-Darcey-Alden-Harry-Potter-600x310-wd.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_U3N2Ivou5Ns/TDdIs4Rlh5I/AAAAAAAAASg/T0uiup1-QxU/s1600/Geraldine+Somerville.jpg

CiaKonwerski
23-07-11, 01:59
http://www.deviantart.com/#/d41ay0g

Beautiful. :)

Marianna12
23-07-11, 09:09
^Indeed! :eek:

I just want a book if it's going to be "The Prince's tale" I would love that so much. It could explain Snapes backstory much more and about life as a death eater and the night he found Lily dead if they include it like the movie, so much potential. :)

Do want :cln:

peeves
23-07-11, 15:50
Her older self has blue eyes, just like Harry. I think it may be a huge mistake. :o
http://www.hollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Ellie-Darcey-Alden-Harry-Potter-600x310-wd.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_U3N2Ivou5Ns/TDdIs4Rlh5I/AAAAAAAAASg/T0uiup1-QxU/s1600/Geraldine+Somerville.jpg

The actress that played young lily has brown eyes while the older one has blue eyes.

touchthesky
23-07-11, 21:45
Re-reading the books.

I'm just on CoS atm though.

Mrs Norris just been found petrified.

Mytly
23-07-11, 21:50
I saw the movie today. It was a fairly good movie - especially since it was mostly action-oriented (as is the corresponding part of the book). The emotional bits of the book were captured very well - all except Fred's death. Not his family's reaction to his death, but the death itself, which was kind of too abrupt.

Some more nitpicks: I wish there had been more of the actual battle seen in the film. We hardly see any of the good guys really fighting (as opposed to getting ready to fight).

I also disliked how the escape from Gringotts was portrayed - the trio pretty much annihilated the goblins in the bank in the process, which seems really excessive. Nothing like that is mentioned in the book.

Overall, I think the movie was a good and faithful representation of the book. But since DH is one of my least favourite books in the series, that's not necessarily a great thing.

italibabee
23-07-11, 23:13
I had the strangest dream last night...

Hermione was the one who defeated Lord Voldemort, but before she defeated him he was telling her he could help her and they could rule blah blah, but she wasn't listening to him she was just worried that he would survive and kill her....did I mention she wasn't holding a wand...oh, well she was holding a Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who!
Well, she defeated him and it was 19 years later and she was living in a normal house, the character Tom Hanks played in The Da Vince Code was there visiting that day and talked to her about the day she defeated Voldemort
Then her neighbor was in their backyard and called her out and asked her if she could get her grilled cheese sandwiches because they would always somehow find their way into Hermione's backyard and were always buried under the sand...Hermione would pick them up and give them to her neighbor....and that would happen everyday.....and that's all I remember...

I told my mom and she was like 'Wow, you're having a really hard time accepting the last Harry Potter movie'...:vlol:

Rai
23-07-11, 23:38
I saw the movie today. It was a fairly good movie - especially since it was mostly action-oriented (as is the corresponding part of the book). The emotional bits of the book were captured very well - all except Fred's death. Not his family's reaction to his death, but the death itself, which was kind of too abrupt.

I must have blinked at that moment of Fred's death. I didn't see it. What the hell happened?

robm_2007
23-07-11, 23:57
I must have blinked at that moment of Fred's death. I didn't see it. What the hell happened?

They just show his dead body briefly. I think some mourners were there, too?

peeves
24-07-11, 00:18
I had the strangest dream last night...

Hermione was the one who defeated Lord Voldemort, but before she defeated him he was telling her he could help her and they could rule blah blah, but she wasn't listening to him she was just worried that he would survive and kill her....did I mention she wasn't holding a wand...oh, well she was holding a Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who!
Well, she defeated him and it was 19 years later and she was living in a normal house, the character Tom Hanks played in The Da Vince Code was there visiting that day and talked to her about the day she defeated Voldemort
Then her neighbor was in their backyard and called her out and asked her if she could get her grilled cheese sandwiches because they would always somehow find their way into Hermione's backyard and were always buried under the sand...Hermione would pick them up and give them to her neighbor....and that would happen everyday.....and that's all I remember...

I told my mom and she was like 'Wow, you're having a really hard time accepting the last Harry Potter movie'...:vlol:

I also had a harry potter dream the last one i remember i was in a HP movie and i was using spells to aid Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, and Ginny to help defeat Voldemort.

Rai
24-07-11, 00:24
They just show his dead body briefly. I think some mourners were there, too?

Oh. Well I did see that then. I think I misunderstood what Mytly said then. That was one scene in the book they should have kept for the film.

blufan
24-07-11, 03:50

Some more nitpicks: I wish there had been more of the actual battle seen in the film. We hardly see any of the good guys really fighting (as opposed to getting ready to fight).

I also disliked how the escape from Gringotts was portrayed - the trio pretty much annihilated the goblins in the bank in the process, which seems really excessive. Nothing like that is mentioned in the book.

Overall, I think the movie was a good and faithful representation of the book. But since DH is one of my least favourite books in the series, that's not necessarily a great thing.
i totally agree with this. they didn't even show any parts of the real battle. i'm not talking about more action because it contains a lot more action than any other potter movie lol. they should have just shown a little bit more of the other character's role in this war. Remus, Tonks and Fred's deaths were completely ignored when those scenes could have been made epic. also makes it kinda funny how Dobby's death got more reaction than those characters', Dumbledore's and Harry's supposed deaths.
a few more minor changes i'm not happy with would be like taking Snape's tear for his memory lol. and then not mentioning anything about how Harry survived in the forest which would not make any sense to a non-fan. i mean they split the movie into 2 they should have spent a little more time in those stuff.
but in overall i really loved it. it's still a lot more faithful than most of the previous movies. i also love the effects and the humor. prince's tale and the epilogue were so epic they couldn't have done any better than that.:D
i am so seeing it a couple of times again.:jmp:

robm_2007
24-07-11, 19:05
Before you read/watched DH, how did you think it would end with the main trio and Voldemort? Or even as you were reading or watching it, as usually as I was reading it and new facts were presented, it sorta changes how I thought it will end.

I thought that Voldemort would kill Harry. (I was certain he would die, especially when Snape's pensieve memory had Dumbledore saying that HP needed to die.)
Hermione would kill Voldemort (She would use 'Avada Kedavra' in a moment of despair :eek:)
Ron would be unconscious somewhere :pi:
Hermoine would become Headmistress of Hogwarts when she was older

italibabee
25-07-11, 04:42
I also had a harry potter dream the last one i remember i was in a HP movie and i was using spells to aid Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, and Ginny to help defeat Voldemort.
I've been having them non stop ever since I watched the last movie :eek:

Ron would be unconscious somewhere :pi:

omg I could totally see that :vlol:

Shark_Blade
25-07-11, 05:02
*contain myself from laughing uncontrollably* XD Yeah I can see Ron unconscious too.

To me I thought Harry would die a heroic death. He would do something like taking hold of Voldemort and jump into the void/chasm where they died together, his ultimate sacrifice for wizard-kind.

WillG
25-07-11, 08:13
Going to see it for the second time today...it's great!

peeves
25-07-11, 13:33
I've been having them non stop ever since I watched the last movie :eek:

omg I could totally see that :vlol:

I coulda sworn i had another HP dream but i don't remember what it was about.

StarCroft:AOD
25-07-11, 18:10
So I watched the last part, and in 3d(My first 3d movie xD) for the first time and it was awesome! The ending was so cute! I guess there will be another HP saga but now with his son. :D

Marianna12
25-07-11, 18:13
Does anyone else hate how Harry's son looks like? :pi:

StarCroft:AOD
25-07-11, 18:19
*raises hand*

Zelda master
25-07-11, 18:21
I didn't pay attention to him... I was admiring how much of jailbait Ginny had become:pi:

Lara Croft!
25-07-11, 22:42

True dat! :D

Going to see it for the second time today...it's great!

I saw it for the 2nd time myself. I didn't cry this time and it seemed like an hour and a half. It was great watching it again.

robm_2007
25-07-11, 23:53
Does anyone else hate how Harry's son looks like? :pi:

Yes. His hair was so not cool, that bowlcut.....

Shark_Blade
26-07-11, 04:04
I thought his son was so adorable. :p

But I figure he's going to end up looking like his dad (Harry 19 years later version) when he grows up, all banged up, scruffy and hairy lol. XD

Lara Croft!
26-07-11, 10:56
Harry's son doesn't resemble either of his parents. He's too cute.

Caesum
26-07-11, 10:59
Don't be affraid. In future he'll be as ugly as his father!

blufan
26-07-11, 11:27
did anyone see teddy lupin in the epilogue? because i didn't.:pi:

Lara Croft!
26-07-11, 11:30
Who knows? There were so many kids running around, he could be either one of them. But now that I come to think of it, Lupin's son was 2-3 years old? So in the 19 years later, he should have finished school.

blufan
26-07-11, 11:48
no he was born just a few days before the battle i believe.:p but yeah should have been 19 and finished school by then.

peeves
26-07-11, 11:49
did anyone see teddy lupin in the epilogue? because i didn't.:pi:

I didn't see teddy lupin either.

ggctuk
26-07-11, 19:26
I think we were trolled with that one

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/ggctuk/emmawatsontroll.jpg

Rai
26-07-11, 22:42
no he was born just a few days before the battle i believe.:p but yeah should have been 19 and finished school by then.

Yes, but in the book he's on the platform with Bill and Fleur's daughter, so it's understandable that people would look out for him, but how would we tell what he looked like unless his hair was a bright colour like Tonk's. :p

italibabee
26-07-11, 23:03
Did they mention in the epilogue (movie) that Neville was a Professor?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110720154513/harrypotter/images/a/af/NevilleMBoM.gif
our Neville grew up to become Professor Neville Longbottom *tear*

Rai
26-07-11, 23:06
^Do you know what? I can't remember. Shame on me! This is another reason to go and see the film again.

robm_2007
26-07-11, 23:08
Im certain they said nothing about Neville becoming a proffessor, it is in the book, though.

anniversarytr11
26-07-11, 23:25
I watched it tonight. It was alright, still preferred part I though, my only criticisms are that there was hardly any script and the film was way too fast and felt a bit rushed :(

italibabee
27-07-11, 00:03
^Do you know what? I can't remember. Shame on me! This is another reason to go and see the film again.

Im certain they said nothing about Neville becoming a proffessor, it is in the book, though.

Hmm...:(
You thought with Neville being a hero in the movie they would mention what he's doing in the epilogue :pi:

So I was looking on the Harry Potter Wiki and saw this picture
http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/images/e/ee/Mcgeechair.PNG
but I can't remember it in any of the movies?

Shark_Blade
27-07-11, 00:15
Maybe it's a deleted scene? :D

I just thought about the whole wand-changing-master thing, that if a wizard disarmed another, that disarmed wand won't work properly. The concept was so flawed: imagine people in disarming class then their wands will change allegiance.

Plus why does an Avada Kedavra doesn't work on Harry, as in he can deflect those spells? It can't be another Priori Incantatem, right? Becauce the phoenix feathers in their old wands is not there (Voldy using the Elder wand and Harry using Draco's for the final battle). Now don't tell me that "the wand chooses the wizard, Sharky".

Me and my nitpicking. :p

robm_2007
27-07-11, 00:16
Thats not in DH2. IDK about DH 1, though.

I thought it was an older McGonanaggle (sp?), but the headline would be an anachronism.

jajay119
27-07-11, 00:19
Just got back from seeing the movie and I loved it, one of the best. The only thing I didn't like was Voldy's death scene which I think should have had the build up it had in the book about power and love etc.

The face that the moving staircase had miraculously changes to become one huge one was a bit strange too but I can forgive that as that's how it was described in the book :p

Alan rickmans performance in the pensieve section were so great and so tragic I was actually a little teary!

Rivendell
27-07-11, 00:34
The face that the moving staircase had miraculously changes to become one huge one was a bit strange too but I can forgive that as that's how it was described in the book :p

:D I was so chuffed they finally had it looking right!

Shark_Blade
27-07-11, 00:34
Thats not in DH2. IDK about DH 1, though.

I thought it was an older McGonanaggle (sp?), but the headline would be an anachronism.I think she was just showing the headline of Voldy's Return to her grandchildren..very possibly after Voldy's death.

You won't be casually sitting outside with your loved ones during the period of Voldemort's return, so that's why I think it could possibly a slot for 19 years later (or before that/post Voldy's death).

robm_2007
27-07-11, 00:39
I think she was just showing the headline of Voldy's Return to her grandchildren..very possibly after Voldy's death.

You won't be casually sitting outside with your loved ones during the period of Voldemort's return, so that's why I think it could possibly a slot for 19 years later (or before that/post Voldy's death).

LOL that makes, sense. Maybe she was thinking about the good ol days?

But she is McGonnaggle, right?

Shark_Blade
27-07-11, 00:43
It's definitely her. :D

xcrushterx
27-07-11, 13:01
That picture of mcgonagall is from OotP, after she gets attacked. :)

peeves
27-07-11, 16:09
That picture of mcgonagall is from OotP, after she gets attacked. :)

I don't remember Minerva McGonagal getting attacked in OotP film. :confused:

xcrushterx
27-07-11, 16:26
I don't remember Minerva McGonagal getting attacked in OotP film. :confused:
I think it might have been cut from the film, but it's a reasonably big event in the book.

peeves
27-07-11, 16:37
I think it might have been cut from the film, but it's a reasonably big event in the book.

It was cut from the film and i thought you were talking about minerva getting attacked in the fifth movie not the book.

xcrushterx
27-07-11, 16:44
It was cut from the film and i thought you were talking about minerva getting attacked in the fifth movie not the book.
I was. It was cut, but they must have filmed something for it if she's sitting in a wheelchair reading a copy of the Daily Prophet saying Voldemort has returned :p

peeves
27-07-11, 17:17
I was. It was cut, but they must have filmed something for it if she's sitting in a wheelchair reading a copy of the Daily Prophet saying Voldemort has returned :p

I guess i didn't see it or maybe i did. I just don't remember. I'll hefta see that on DVD.

Rai
27-07-11, 17:25
Hmm...:(
You thought with Neville being a hero in the movie they would mention what he's doing in the epilogue :pi:

So I was looking on the Harry Potter Wiki and saw this picture
http://images.wikia.com/harrypotter/images/e/ee/Mcgeechair.PNG
but I can't remember it in any of the movies?

This looks very much like an off set shot to me. Maggie Smith wasn't always well during filming, hence the wheelchair; the girl is perhaps an Extra. I think I saw this on Mugglenet before.

And yes, it is strange if Neville is not mentioned in the 19 yrs later scenes.

peeves
27-07-11, 17:30
This looks very much like an off set shot to me. Maggie Smith wasn't always well during filming, hence the wheelchair; the girl is perhaps an Extra. I think I saw this on Mugglenet before.

And yes, it is strange if Neville is not mentioned in the 19 yrs later scenes.

I thought that picture was set in the 19 years later period. Or the picture coulda been found that time.

Rai
27-07-11, 17:32
^I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I've seen it and it was an 'behind the scenes' shot. Maybe I'm thinking of another picture.

Edit: Just watched '50 Greatest Harry Potter Moments' on ITV1. Really shouldn't have :(.

Rivendell
27-07-11, 22:37
^ It was very sad towards the end, wasn't it? Damn you, ITV.. :(

Shark_Blade
28-07-11, 05:06

pBJN6n_6DfwI can't get over Voldy's laughs. :vlol:

Here's some moar:

Paedo-mort
MLKzJtjyc0E&feature=related

3ZW_dwd_WJY

Emperor and Voldemort laughs
vpvN8802dxw

WillG
28-07-11, 09:02
50 Greatest moments was so sad :/

Lara Croft!
28-07-11, 12:00
@ italibabee Did they mention in the epilogue (movie) that Neville was a Professor?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110720154513/harrypotter/images/a/af/NevilleMBoM.gif
our Neville grew up to become Professor Neville Longbottom *tear*

______
No, there was nothing in the movie about that. (I didn't quote so that the spoiler won't appear)

peeves
28-07-11, 14:09
I didn't hear about Neville becoming a professor at hogwarts either. It was mentioned in the book but not the movie.

ggctuk
29-07-11, 17:07
I saw it today, and I have to say that I was impressed by the film very much.

There were many things that worked very well in the film, and I don't really mind that they cut Ariana's story out. The battle was epic, the castle became a war-torn derelict by the end, which was kind-of sad. Snape's death was also quite sad, it played out a lot better the way they had it in the film than if they'd done a straight-on book-to-film translation.

I can also tell you that the ending IS tracked from The Philosopher's Stone soundtrack, specifically "The Mark of Love" and "Leaving Hogwarts".

peeves
29-07-11, 17:45
I saw it today, and I have to say that I was impressed by the film very much.

There were many things that worked very well in the film, and I don't really mind that they cut Ariana's story out. The battle was epic, the castle became a war-torn derelict by the end, which was kind-of sad. Snape's death was also quite sad, it played out a lot better the way they had it in the film than if they'd done a straight-on book-to-film translation.

I can also tell you that the ending IS tracked from The Philosopher's Stone soundtrack, specifically "The Mark of Love" and "Leaving Hogwarts".

I recognized the leaving hogwarts track from PS but not mark of love.

ggctuk
29-07-11, 17:49
I recognized the leaving hogwarts track from PS but not mark of love.

Mark Of Love is a quiet cue, as you might know. It plays when Harry is talking to Albus about Albus' fears over joining Slytherin house.

peeves
29-07-11, 17:54
Mark Of Love is a quiet cue, as you might know. It plays when Harry is talking to Albus about Albus' fears over joining Slytherin house.

In which film? PS or DH2?

ggctuk
29-07-11, 17:58
DH2, although I get why it would confuse you. I wonder if that's why they chose to use it... :pi:

peeves
29-07-11, 18:02
DH2, although I get why it would confuse you. I wonder if that's why they chose to use it... :pi:

I think i remember what mark of love sounds like now. Doesn't it play in PS after harry gets attacked by quirrel's ghost down in the area with the mirror?

irishhips
29-07-11, 18:07
I think i remember what mark of love sounds like now. Doesn't it play in PS after harry gets attacked by quirrel's ghost down in the area with the mirror?It Voldemort's ghost, not Quirrel.

ggctuk
29-07-11, 18:08
I think i remember what mark of love sounds like now. Doesn't it play in PS after harry gets attacked by quirrel's ghost down in the area with the mirror?

Specifically, when Harry wakes up in the Hospital Wing and Dumbledore explains about what happened with Quirrel and Voldemort.

Blackmoor
29-07-11, 18:47
Hermione should never have ended up with Ron. She and Harry should have gotten together after their time spent alone. They always got on better than Ron and Hermione did, and Ron needed to grow up. It would have been much more satisfying if the ending had been one where Ron, belatedly realised he had messed up and lost Hermione. And that the 3-some had fallen apart consequently.

Such a bad ending to all this because she insisted on putting a immature loser with someone out of his league.

Anyway, apart from the that, I thought the best bit of the film was the part where Harry meets his dead parents and Sirius - very sad. :(

Mytly
29-07-11, 20:16
The thing is, Ron is way more immature and idiotic in the movies - and Hermione is way more mature. In the books, they balance each other out nicely, and make a good couple. Book!Ron is certainly not out of Book!Hermione's league, and it is clear that they have both had feelings for each other for years.

xcrushterx
30-07-11, 16:09
^I also think it has a lot to do with Dan and Emma. IMO, Emma has better onscreen chemistry with Dan than Rupert (similarly with Dan and Bonnie). But I also think they played down Ron & Hermione's constant old-married-couple bickering in the movies.

However, regardless of chemistry, it was pretty obvious who would end up with who several films ago I think.

peeves
30-07-11, 16:10
^I also think it has a lot to do with Dan and Emma. IMO, Emma has better onscreen chemistry with Dan than Rupert (similarly with Dan and Bonnie). But I also think they played down Ron & Hermione's constant old-married-couple bickering in the movies.

However, regardless of chemistry, it was pretty obvious who would end up with who several films ago I think.

I noticed that in the 2nd film that they'd hint us that Harry might end up with ginny.

Blackmoor
30-07-11, 16:43
The thing is, Ron is way more immature and idiotic in the movies - and Hermione is way more mature. In the books, they balance each other out nicely, and make a good couple. Book!Ron is certainly not out of Book!Hermione's league, and it is clear that they have both had feelings for each other for years.

However, regardless of chemistry, it was pretty obvious who would end up with who several films ago I think.I felt it was the same in the books though - Hermione should have ended up with Harry.

Mind you, ever since they started with the films I always saw those 3 in the characters when I read the books anyway. That might have something to do with it.

But, even so - I don't like the way Ron never truly "earned" Hermione or redeemed his bad behaviour towards her (from the previous books/films). Hermione was always a doormat around him, and he never grew up. And when he left them camping alone and they visited Harry's birthplace, that was the time when you realised that Harry and Hermione were suited to each other. Hermione is so tender and understanding of Harry and he depended on her in a mature and loving way.

Anyway, I think the 3-some should have been broken at the end. You can't go through all that horror and when the dust settles it all virtually remains the same. Even 20 years on.

Lol. My view anyway. :)

peeves
30-07-11, 18:08
I personally think it was fine with harry with ginny and ron with hermione. And they used younger actors for the kids in the epilogue.

LightningRider
31-07-11, 09:57
Has anybody tried to get in early for Pottermore? I'm currently waiting for my Welcome e-mail.

I really want to join just because JK's giving out more stuff she's kept from the books about the universe. Certainly helps me from constantly feeling sad that the series is "over"*.

*In a "there won't be anything else to wait for" way

peeves
31-07-11, 13:19
Has anybody tried to get in early for Pottermore? I'm currently waiting for my Welcome e-mail.

I really want to join just because JK's giving out more stuff she's kept from the books about the universe. Certainly helps me from constantly feeling sad that the series is "over"*.

I never cared for pottermore because the series is over.

Mytly
31-07-11, 19:34
^I also think it has a lot to do with Dan and Emma. IMO, Emma has better onscreen chemistry with Dan than Rupert (similarly with Dan and Bonnie).
Good point.

I felt it was the same in the books though - Hermione should have ended up with Harry.

Mind you, ever since they started with the films I always saw those 3 in the characters when I read the books anyway. That might have something to do with it.

But, even so - I don't like the way Ron never truly "earned" Hermione or redeemed his bad behaviour towards her (from the previous books/films). Hermione was always a doormat around him, and he never grew up. And when he left them camping alone and they visited Harry's birthplace, that was the time when you realised that Harry and Hermione were suited to each other. Hermione is so tender and understanding of Harry and he depended on her in a mature and loving way.
You have some valid points there. I do agree that Ron and Hermione don't exactly make an ideal couple - but Hermione and Harry are less suited to each other romantically (their personalities clash badly - for example, they have very different idea of what constitutes fun). I remember reading an article on one of the main Potter sites (HP Lexicon, I think) way back in the height of the shipping wars, before the release of HBP (the book, not the movie), which beautifully analysed Harry and Hermione's relationship to show how one-sided it was, which is why they were definitely not suited to be romantic partners, which would require a more equal relationship. Yes, Hermione supports Harry wonderfully, but does Harry ever do the same for her? He thinks her passions (reading, SPEW) are pointless, he never ever asks about her family (in 7 books, did we learn anything about the Grangers beyond the fact that they are dentists?), he never listens to her advice on anything (from homework to 'saving' Sirius in OotP), he doesn't find her attractive, and he gets bored when he has to hang out with just her instead of as a trio with Ron. If Ron hasn't done anything to 'earn' Hermione's love, Harry has done even less.

Of course, their relationship does develop significantly in the months they are alone together in DH, but even then, Hermione's role remains that of the brainy and faithful sidekick, who assists Harry admirably in his quest. She is a wonderful and loyal friend, but she is not his girlfriend.

Anyway, I think the 3-some should have been broken at the end. You can't go through all that horror and when the dust settles it all virtually remains the same. Even 20 years on.

Lol. My view anyway. :)
True enough - that's the way it would have been in real life. But it wouldn't work in fiction, which requires a neat tying up of loose ends and a 'happily-ever-after'. ;)

Rai
31-07-11, 21:34

I've been trying. I'm fairly certain I gave my email, but haven't had any welcome emails or a way in before the 'official' opening. Guess it's busy.

I saw DH2 again yesterday. Still loved it. If anything, I found parts more moving than the first time. It didn't help that the woman next to me was sniffling the whole way through, bless her.

robm_2007
01-08-11, 03:49
Today is Harry Potter's (31) and JK Rowling's bday (45)!

Shark_Blade
01-08-11, 05:03
Today is Harry Potter's (31) and JK Rowling's bday (45)!Happy b'day! :hug:

Well, I can't seem to be able to submit my email to Pottermore. :|
Oh well, August it is.

xcrushterx
01-08-11, 10:27
To get into Pottermore early, you have to complete one of their daily challenges (they're only open for an hour or so, so you just have to be lucky and be there at the right time). The challenges will run until the sixth!

Domino
01-08-11, 10:55
I got in! :D

peeves
01-08-11, 11:10
Was anyone disappointed not to see Wormtail DH2?

irishhips
01-08-11, 11:15
Was anyone disappointed not to see Wormtail DH2?He was killed by his sliver hand (off-screen) when Harry and Ron escape from the basement in DH1. So he wouldn't be in DH2.

peeves
01-08-11, 11:19
He was killed by his sliver hand (off-screen) when Harry and Ron escape from the basement in DH1. So he wouldn't be in DH2.

I didn't know he was killed in DH1 in a deleted scene.

WillG
01-08-11, 12:57
Sooo i got registered for Pottermore and now I'm waiting for my welcome email hehe

irishhips
01-08-11, 13:00
I didn't know he was killed in DH1 in a deleted scene.There no deleted scene...it just mentioned in the book.

peeves
01-08-11, 15:11
There no deleted scene...it just mentioned in the book.

But in the movie they said wormtail doesn't die.

xcrushterx
01-08-11, 16:41
But in the movie they said wormtail doesn't die.
No, they did not.

Marianna12
02-08-11, 11:30
I got in! :D

Do tell *_*

Domino
02-08-11, 15:12
There's nothing there yet, the Beta site opens after the Quill challenge finishes. Just a congratulations sign up now. I'm so excited! I better not be a Hufflepuff though.

Marianna12
02-08-11, 15:37
Oh sounds amazing <3 I'm always a Ravenclaw, I love it!:cln:

peeves
02-08-11, 15:38
There's nothing there yet, the Beta site opens after the Quill challenge finishes. Just a congratulations sign up now. I'm so excited! I better not be a Hufflepuff though.

I don't like Hufflepuff either. :pi:

scoopy_loopy
03-08-11, 04:52
^
I like Hufflepuff! I think I will be Ravenclaw or Slytherin, however -- assuming there's some kind of quizz. XD

AmericanAssassin
03-08-11, 06:08
All of the random internet quizzes have pointed me to Slytherin...which I'm happy about. Slytherin is awesome. :ohn:

Shark_Blade
03-08-11, 08:16
Slytherin's only worth getting into because of Draco and Snape.
Since both are gone now there's nothing much to look forward to. :p

peeves
03-08-11, 13:20
I'd rather be in Gryffindor, Slytherin, or Ravenclaw than Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw would be my best.

Snazabaz
04-08-11, 18:28
Finally got my early access log in today! I hope I'm not a Hufflepuff as well, that would be majorly lame :pi:

Rai
04-08-11, 18:39
I must be the only person who wouldn't mind being in Hufflepuff :p. They're so underrated. Wasn't Cedric in Hufflepuff?