PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]

Rai
06-04-16, 22:31
Ah. Well, that's okay. I'll probably still read it. Is it gonna contain that adult Harry, Ron and Hermione stage play as well? :)
It's the same thing. The cursed child features the adult trio.

http://www.harrypottertheplay.com/

http://imgur.com/6vyPLrz

Trenton
07-04-16, 06:11
^Thanks. I knew that title felt familiar somehow. :o

Tonyrobinson
07-04-16, 12:57
James Newton Howard will be scoring Fantastic a Beasts, I am pumped he is one of my favourites! :jmp:

peeves
07-04-16, 15:57
Don't get your hopes up. The 'book' is just a collected version of the stage play script, not a true novel.

I thought it was a true novel at first.

Tonyrobinson
11-04-16, 02:03
Mind blown!

ViuDsy7yb8M

Rai
11-04-16, 02:10
Oh my goodness. Must.See.This.Film. November hurry up!

Shakira Croft
11-04-16, 10:51
Oh yes! Can't wait to see the movie :D

Shark_Blade
11-04-16, 10:53
I'm saving myself like a virginal prude avoiding spoilers until the movie release.

Admles
11-04-16, 10:55
Speaking of HP, I got to meet Bonnie Wright on the weekend :admles:

DragonSlayer
11-04-16, 12:48
Speaking of HP, I got to meet Bonnie Wright on the weekend :admles:

Lucky you where did you meet her? i'd like to meet Emma Watson and Evanna Lynch.

Shark_Blade
11-04-16, 14:03
I just wanna meet JK Rowling. :D

peeves
11-04-16, 20:56
I'd like to meet Matthew lewis

Admles
11-04-16, 21:49
Lucky you where did you meet her? i'd like to meet Emma Watson and Evanna Lynch.

Supanova, a pop-culture convention here in Australia :)

I'd like to meet Matthew lewis

I met him last year!

Rai
11-04-16, 23:01
Admles. The biggest celebrity name dropper on TRF :vlol:.

Admles
12-04-16, 00:47
Admles. The biggest celebrity name dropper on TRF :vlol:.
Hey, I can back it up with pics! :p

Shark_Blade
12-06-16, 03:29
Plot summary of The Cursed Child. Yikes.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-the-play.html

Rai
12-06-16, 10:52
^Page doesn't exist, apparently.

Admles
12-06-16, 12:41
This is the correct link. (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/10/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-spoilers-here-s-the-plot-of-the-play.html) NOTE - Spoilers.

Shark_Blade has accidentally posted a truncated link.

Shark_Blade
12-06-16, 15:58
Yeah that's the link. :p

What are your thoughts on that highly shocking piece of writing. I mean really, I thought fanfics were bad..yeesh.

ggctuk
12-06-16, 16:11
What the heck did I just read?

LarasFan
12-06-16, 16:31
Actually loved it xD I mean, it's a Harry Potter novel, what do you expect?! xD Of course it would be all over the place :p I still think if made into a movie it would be beyond epic :) The only thing that made me roll my eyes is that Voldermort had a child... like, Jesus Christ no xD Not in a millions years would that be an ok plot.

peeves
12-06-16, 16:55
Well that was interesting plot i read.

Rai
12-06-16, 16:58
I dunno what to think :p. It starts off well, then spirals out of control in ways I wouldn't expect to come from Jo. I suppose that's the consequences of time travel coming into play.It seems messy, but plays usually translate better on stage than on paper. I don't mind spoilers as I'll forget most of that by the time the script is released in book form.

What I'd love is for the play to be recorded and released on DVD. It'd be the next best thing for those unable to attend the play live.

Saint Sophie
12-06-16, 20:22
I love me a bit of Larry Snotter, me.

Tonyrobinson
22-06-16, 13:45
There's a huge Vidcon event related to Fantastic Beasts tonight being streamed on YouTube for an hour long! Starts at 6PM PT/1AM UK Time. :)

www.youtube.com/warnerbrospictures
www.facebook.com/harrypottermovie

the_legend
22-06-16, 22:31
Oh Jesus. Oh Lord.

Luckily I did not read the whole summary.
That stuff is fanfic worthy ya'll.

Tonyrobinson
28-06-16, 11:30
New Fantastic Beasts trailer hits on Friday! :)

Shark_Blade
29-06-16, 10:58
http://411mania.com/movies/daniel-radcliffe-not-ruling-out-harry-potter-return/

In an interview with Radio Times (via NME), Daniel Radcliffe said that he would return to the Harry Potter franchise if the script was right. He played the character from 2001 to 2011. Jamie Parker took over the role for the recent stage show Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

Radcliffe said: “It would depend on the script. The circumstances would have to be pretty extraordinary. But then I am sure Harrison Ford said that with Han Solo and look what happened there! So I am saying ‘No’ for now, but leaving room to backtrack in the future.”

peeves
03-07-16, 17:18
Well I'm not surprised radcliffe turned down the role for the stage play considering that It's just a play and not a movie at the moment.

ggctuk
03-07-16, 17:23
I doubt he was even offered the role. He's too young to play a 37-year old. He got away with it in DH2 because they applied effects to him but that is not practical for a stage play.

peeves
03-07-16, 18:43
So that's probably why he couldn't get the role for the play because he was too young.

BinRaider
04-07-16, 22:08
I'm curious to see the opinions on which film has the best score.

For me, I really like the PoA score but the HBP score really grew on me and I think it's overall my favourite. I think it added something really eerily beautiful to the film that I don't think the other films did, especially that scene with Harry and Hermione where she cries over Lavender and Ron, I thought that was beautifully done tbh.

SamCactus101
05-07-16, 05:53
New Fantastic Beasts trailer hits on Friday! :)

Psyched for it!

Shark_Blade
05-07-16, 05:53
I'm curious to see the opinions on which film has the best score.
Best Score? This one from Half Blood Prince but was cut out :(:

nkxgQdeU968Save

peeves
05-07-16, 12:28
IMO HBP had the best score with PoA, DHp1, DHp2, GoF, CoS, and SS close behind. OotP is my least favorite score because of how generic the music is.

Shirley_Manson
05-07-16, 12:44
I think all HP movies had great scores. I couldn't decide on just one.
But "Fireworks" from Order of the Phoenix is my favorite tune in the franchise. It just radiates excitement and happiness.
https://youtu.be/55QDkd-ecks

Shakira Croft
05-07-16, 12:57
The best one is definitely Happy Hogwarts... from the games :vlol: :D

oelDCr3P7yk

peeves
09-07-16, 15:31
I never heard the tracks from the games before since i didn't own the games.

Rai
14-07-16, 22:30
So, Cursed Child could be made into a film? WB registers film trademark (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/14/warner-bros-files-film-trademark-for-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child), sparking rumours it could happen, one day.

Tonyrobinson
15-07-16, 10:21
Could be a filmed version of the show like the way Universal filmed the stage shows of Billy Elliot and Shrek.

tiann
18-07-16, 03:02
Could be a filmed version of the show like the way Universal filmed the stage shows of Billy Elliot and Shrek.

Does Universal have any stake in Cursed Child?

Rai
18-07-16, 03:28
I would actually be happy with this. I'm unlikely to be able to see the play unless it tours and shows near enough to my town. This would be the next best thing. So if this is what WB have planned, fans worldwide would be happy, I imagine.

Tonyrobinson
25-07-16, 10:52
Does Universal have any stake in Cursed Child?

I'm not sure they do own the rights to the theme parks and materials used in conjunction with the films so it could be a joint venture with Universal and Warner Home entertainment.

What are we all thinking of the Fantastic Beasts trailer and new theme tune? :)

Shark_Blade
25-07-16, 11:34
Just pre-ordered Cursed Child. If I'm lucky I'll get a Harry Potter chess set come launch night at the bookstore. :p

*flashback of lucky draw* Nah I never won anything.

Tonyrobinson
25-07-16, 13:17
I can't wait for the launch night it feels just like old times with all this new Pottermania happening.

This is the new Soundtrack preview from the Official website. I'm glad they're keeping Hedwigs theme. Sounds a bit like Alice and Wonderland. :)

Soundtrack (https://www.therowlinglibrary.com/2016/07/25/fantastic-beasts-soundtrack-preview/)

And a new trailer!

YdgQj7xcDJo

I really love how macigal it looks but I'm sceptical about them using CGI now for Goblins reminds me of the Orcs in Hobbit.

tiann
25-07-16, 16:14
I can't wait for the launch night it feels just like old times with all this new Pottermania happening.

This is the new Soundtrack preview from the Official website. I'm glad they're keeping Hedwigs theme. Sounds a bit like Alice and Wonderland. :)

Soundtrack (https://www.therowlinglibrary.com/2016/07/25/fantastic-beasts-soundtrack-preview/)

And a new trailer!

YdgQj7xcDJo

I really love how macigal it looks but I'm sceptical about them using CGI now for Goblins reminds me of the Orcs in Hobbit.

dat obvious green screen moment at 2:00 to 2:02 tho :vlol:

Tonyrobinson
25-07-16, 16:53
dat obvious green screen moment at 2:00 to 2:02 tho :vlol:

Haha, I'm not too bothered about that honestly the post production doesn't film until another ten weeks although David Yates did include that Chamber of Secrets scene in Deathly Hallows and that CGI was tedious! :p

tiann
26-07-16, 16:10
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-First-Look-at-HARRY-POTTER-AND-THE-CURSED-CHILD-Production-Images-20160725

First production photos from Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Dream
26-07-16, 16:38
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-First-Look-at-HARRY-POTTER-AND-THE-CURSED-CHILD-Production-Images-20160725

First production photos from Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

I know I live under a rock most of the time, I dunno if this is rude or not (though it shouldn't be) but why is Hermione black? :confused:

(Please don't call me a racist for asking this)

Trenton
26-07-16, 16:39
I know I live under a rock most of the time, I dunno if this is rude or not (though it shouldn't be) but why is Hermione black? :confused:

There is no particular reason why she's black as far as I know. They opted for casting a black person instead. :ponder:

Tonyrobinson
26-07-16, 16:42

Oh my God Karen you can't just ask people why they're black! :ton:

They just stated that the character wasn't intended to be canonically white (there are some arguments about her race in general with the books) and they just picked the best actress for the part. :)

Trenton
26-07-16, 16:45
She's white in the books and Hollywood adaptations so I think it's fair to say she's canonically white, but I guess they are free to hire whatever actress they want to. :ponder:

Rai
26-07-16, 16:46
I don't think there's a reason other than the actress must have impressed at auditions.

Is Hermione specifically described in the books as white though, as an actual skin colour I mean and not to describe a physical reaction to emotion. The film doesn't count as much as the books.

Trenton
26-07-16, 16:54
Is Hermione specifically described in the books as white though, as an actual skin colour I mean and not to describe a physical reaction to emotion. The film doesn't count as much as the books.

She's white on all the covers and official merchandise plus I believe there was a line describing her as white faced or pale or something. IDK. But the book covers that Rowling gave her stamp of approval are pretty much evidence enough that the character was intended to be white. :ponder:

Rai
26-07-16, 16:59
She's white on all the covers and official merchandise plus I believe there was a line describing her as white faced or pale or something. IDK. But the book covers that Rowling gave her stamp of approval are pretty much evidence enough that the character was intended to be white. :ponder:

Yeah, I know, but that description is meant to show how shocked or in fear she is at the time, I don't think it's meant as an indication of actual skin colour. But yeah, there is the covers and illustrations. Apparently Jo approves of the actress choice for the play.

Tonyrobinson
26-07-16, 17:00
When I envision the character she is white but I guess that's the fun of interpreting a book in your mind, black or white she's still Hermione and her race is probably the least of my worries about Cursed Child. :p

I'm hoping when I read the script book it will impress me more than what I've read on the plot. I'm glad the world has gotten another wave of Pottermania to keep it going.

Rai
26-07-16, 17:03
Yeah, the character portrayal is more important, and also the play itself.

Dream
26-07-16, 17:09
There is no particular reason why she's black as far as I know. They opted for casting a black person instead. :ponder:
I don't care that much its just sorta confusing and seems done for no reason, Fair enough if its a case of "She was the best actress" but I mean...She was always white, Why isn't harry and ron black then. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Oh my God Karen you can't just ask people why they're black! :ton:

They just stated that the character wasn't intended to be canonically white (there are some arguments about her race in general with the books) and they just picked the best actress for the part. :)

Baha~ Love that mean girls quote~

Well I read the books and watched all the movies and from the books it always said she was white so I dunno why people are suddenly just like "Oh, It never said she was" it did though... But fair enough, No harm to the actress at all its just confusing and feels almost like its forced in a way.

I don't think there's a reason other than the actress must have impressed at auditions.

Agreed however, She was described as white in the books, On the covers, In the movies.

Like I said above, It doesn't bother me but I mean it feels like a forced change, Almost like when people change established straight characters into LGBT+ it makes no sense and feels like pandering and honestly insulting.

Why can't people just make these characters from the get go instead of shoehorning (A big peeve of mine in media) and retconning.

Anyway cheers for clearing it up guys (Thanks for not jumping down my throat I know usually people are quick to scream racist for even questioning such things)

Trenton
26-07-16, 17:49
Yeah, I know, but that description is meant to show how shocked or in fear she is at the time, I don't think it's meant as an indication of actual skin colour. But yeah, there is the covers and illustrations. Apparently Jo approves of the actress choice for the play.

Yeah, the character portrayal is more important, and also the play itself.

Yes, I think since this is a stage play it doesn't matter at all. Had this been a film that was supposed to be part of the same canon as the previous films or a new book (with a black Hermione on the book cover) then it would have been very jarring. But this is a one off stage play so the director and producers should be able to make creative decisions based upon their own vision rather than being 'limited' in their choices by the source material. :)

Lara's home
27-07-16, 13:15
J.K Rowling also states when a character is black in the books (but never white characters I think), and Hermoine was certainly never described as black.

Shark_Blade
27-07-16, 13:53
J.K Rowling also states when a character is black in the books (but never white characters I think), and Hermoine was certainly never described as black.

Dean Thomas was never described as black in the books from what I remember. But he is in the movies.

Trenton
27-07-16, 14:17
Dean Thomas was never described as black in the books from what I remember. But he is in the movies.

That's just Hollywood being their racist self like usual though. :p

What about that girl who's sports commentator on the Quidditch games though? :confused:

tiann
27-07-16, 14:28
That's just Hollywood being their racist self like usual though. :p

What about that girl who's sports commentator on the Quidditch games though? :confused:

Lee Jordan is male...

Trenton
27-07-16, 14:32
Lee Jordan is male...

Yes, but in the first HP film isn't this character played by a black girl? :confused:

tiann
27-07-16, 14:36
Yes, but in the first HP film isn't this character played by a black girl? :confused:

no Lee has been played the same actor for all 7 films.

perhaps the dreadlocks made you think he looked like a girl?

http://i.imgur.com/HZLf6uQ.jpg?1

Trenton
27-07-16, 14:40
no Lee has been played the same actor for all 7 films.

perhaps the dreadlocks made you think he looked like a girl?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HZLf6uQ.jpg?1[/IMG

Oh! My mistake then. Every time I've seen the film I've always thought that was a girl! :vlol:

Shark_Blade
27-07-16, 14:42
3vZL4eHdhRM

Speaking of Quidditch, see how blind as a bat Oliver Wood is (see 2:02). No wonder he never gets to be the Seeker, he couldn't bloody see the Snitch. :vlol:

Trenton
27-07-16, 14:45
Speaking of Quidditch, see how blind as a bat Oliver Wood is (see 2:02). No wonder he never gets to be the Seeker, he couldn't bloody see the Snitch. :vlol:

OMG! The dude is hopeless! It's no wonder Gryffindor never won the cup under his incompetent leadership! :vlol:

tiann
27-07-16, 15:23
3vZL4eHdhRM

OMG! The dude is hopeless! It's no wonder Gryffindor never won the cup under his incompetent leadership! :vlol:

y'all realize that the Snitch was CGI and the actor who played Wood probably got the wrong cue on where to turn his head to..? lol

Zreen001
27-07-16, 15:31

Obviously he was a plant by another house to deter Gryffindor's standing!
CONSPIRACY!!!
:admles::admles::admles:

Trenton
27-07-16, 15:55
y'all realize that the Snitch was CGI and the actor who played Wood probably got the wrong cue on where to turn his head to..? lol

That's not CGI! Harry Potter is a documentary and everything you see is real and exactly how it happened! :smk:

Obviously he was a plant by another house to deter Gryffindor's standing!
CONSPIRACY!!!
:admles::admles::admles:

Yes. The mighty Hufflepuff must have been at play. :mis: :p

Shark_Blade
30-07-16, 23:17
Today's the release date for Cursed Child. Going to the bookstore in 10 hours...

So exciting! :jmp:

Shakira Croft
30-07-16, 23:19
Me toooooo :D :jmp:

Rai
30-07-16, 23:29
I had to cancel my pre order due to financial situations :(. Enjoy your reads. They'll be sold out by the time I can get my hands on it.

Shark_Blade
31-07-16, 08:09
OMG 3 more hours.

Im outta here!

ECB
31-07-16, 08:17
Just knowing that The Cursed Child is a screenplay and not an actual book makes me very unexcited for the release. I waited in lines for HP'd 5th book and on but I just can't get pumped for this...

Everyone who gets it, please post your thoughts on the screenplay. I want to know if it's worth it! :D

Trenton
31-07-16, 09:51
i am appreciate to J. K. Rowling who wrote such a good novel of harry potter film.. :)

The Harry Potter films are based on the books by Rowling, not the other way around. :)

jajay119
31-07-16, 12:29
The general consensus looking at reviews, by readers, seems to be it's a pretty fanfic worthy piece and flies in the face of all the prexisting lore set by the books. Hopefully, JK hasn't made it canon and if she has she can de canonise it should she choose to continue the series herself.

Trenton
31-07-16, 13:13
The general consensus looking at reviews, by readers, seems to be it's a pretty fanfic worthy piece and flies in the face of all the prexisting lore set by the books. Hopefully, JK hasn't made it canon and if she has she can de canonise it should she choose to continue the series herself.

So Rowling hasn't created the story for The Cursed Child herself? :confused:

Tonyrobinson
31-07-16, 13:18
JK Rowling made the storyline alongside two other writers. I've just finished the playbook and it was better than what I thought it would be.

Scorpios is definitely my new favourite character but the plot line is a tad weaker.

Shakira Croft
31-07-16, 13:20
So Rowling hasn't created the story for The Cursed Child herself? :confused:

That's what I thought... I don't understand how it could not be canon :confused:

Tonyrobinson: how long is the book?

Trenton
31-07-16, 13:21
JK Rowlong made the storyline alongside two other writers. I've just finished the playbook and it was better than what I thought it would be.

Alright, so it's definitely canon then. If Rowling didn't create story and signed off on it I wouldn't have touched it, but since it's the work of Rowling I'll buy it and read it at some point (not really excited enough about it to run out and read it right away though). :)

Shark_Blade
31-07-16, 14:03
I'm starting to read it up to Part 1 Scene 7. Spoiler!! Cause I wanna share my thoughts.

I was pretty underwhelmed at the beginning, especially the beginning (Deathly Hallows' Epilogue scene) at the train station. All this cheesy family chummy send off which is all vomit inducing to me. And I never saw Albus Severus Potter more than a flat 2 dimensional character worth of anything in the past.

But then as the story develops... he was surprisingly sorted into Slytherin house, how he didn't meet the people's expectations of grandeur at Hogwarts, how he doesn't have a Ron or Hermione to help him out - he's practical an outcast. And Harry being a famous father puts a lot of pressure on him.

That's when Albus instantly became my favourite character. He's interesting. I can feel his struggle to fit in; but the world turned away from him, and he loathed the world.

His friendship with Scorpius. Can it get anymore gayer? I adore their quiet moments together. There's mutual trust and understanding between them.

That rumour about Scorpius being Voldemort's son though? It's stupid when I first read it online, it's stupid when I read it in the actual book; I'm just gonna regard it as a stupid rumour for now.

This book is different, and I'm enjoying it very much so far.:D

Tonyrobinson
01-08-16, 12:07
I did enjoy it. I had problems with some of it a lot of it reads like fan fiction. I'd of preferred if Delphi was just a death eater trying to cause a rescurection instead of being Voldemort's daughter.

Anyway I did really like it but it makes me a bit miffed that there's no way a film could be made of this with the original cast all in tact.

jajay119
01-08-16, 13:28
Well, it was a lot better than I expected it to be; which is perhaps the benefit of going in with low expectations. I'm still surprised JKR allowed some of the things that happened but non were really detrimental to the overal cannon besides the obvious. It was nice to revisit these characters again though I feel that we've not really been given a chance to 'catch up with them' like we would have done had these been a book and, no doubt, had there been small chapters dedicated to each character and who they are now. As a result it was hard imagining Harry and Hermione as adults with out displacing their teen personalities onto them. Harry, most of all, had clearly moved on as a character to a new, gritter, one and I don't feel like this was adequately explained or expanded upon other than in the various dialogues with Albus.

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot for what it was. I liked, and somehow think it was in spite of JKR and her recent statements that in all the universes Ron, who doesn't appear enough for my liking, and Hermione were always destined to be together. That scene with the Dementors sounds like it could be fantastic and terrifying visually and there were some interesting things that happendd. Although I wish it had been fleshed out more into an actual book by JK or the writers but it was never sold as that. So I guess that's unfair.

The only thing I really dislike is Delphi; I feel as though the premise of her was the only thing that went entirely against what we know from before; Voldemort wasn't the type of person who seemed to concern himself with 'lusts of the flesh' to have a child and the fact it was all glossed over made this even more annoying; She wasn't a well developed character. Her being Bellatrix's daughter to me was a given and the only logical choice. Had it been revealed Bella had told her, or Confunded her, into believeing she were Voldemort's daughter out of some deep routed desire Bellatrix herself had or had Bellatrix made the child from Voldemort's DNA with no implication of a natural birth it all would have been more plausible, I don't use believeable cause hay it's HP, and enjoyable.

Tonyrobinson
01-08-16, 14:35
I thought the same about Delphi but I do on one hand think that Voldemort would want his pure bloodline to keep going regardless of sexual attraction.

Shark_Blade
01-08-16, 15:27
I still think Delphi is not Voldemort's child.

Let's recap.

They said Voldemort has a daughter. Not only that, he has a daughter with Bellatrix. Not only that, it happened before the Battle of Hogwarts (for obvious reasons since both die there, duh). Like, it doesn’t make sense, and it’s not only because the thought of Voldemort and Bellatrix having sex is weird and creepy.

It's just. I won't believe delphi was actually. im just. i can’t believe i was forced to have the image of bellatrix and voldemort having sex in my brain. and i did. it was real. his body was grey. he is in his hundreds. someone obliviate me. Whatever. Focus.

Just think, in what moment would Bellatrix get pregnant and have a child during the war? And I guess if that had happened it would be noticeable when Harry and the others were at the Malfoy’s place in March/April? (I’m guessing it was then bc they mentioned Draco was home for the Easter holiday or something) I don’t know, it just doesn’t add up for me. Also the fact that Delphi was all silver and blue hair and flying and naming herself the Augury, totally something you’d see in fanfic smh

I ship Albus and Scorpius together, Rose can go sit on a cactus and rotate.

Rai
01-08-16, 15:53
I'm not reading the white text, but SB, ouch :eek: :vlol:.

tiann
01-08-16, 16:03
lol rotate on a cactus.

Apparently the stage production itself at the Palace Theatre in London is getting many good reviews, partially because of the cast and the amazing stage effects. there's actual flying on broomsticks and the actors actually morph into different characters on stage via polyjuice potion without any stage smoke / lights out effect etc to "hide" anything... so I think the play would probably work better seen live rather than reading it in print.

Rai
01-08-16, 16:17
To be fair, most plays, depending on direction and production are gonna benefit from performance. The script will get the story across, but nothing beats the action on stage with lighting and effects. The only benefit of reading the script is the reader's ability to imagine the scene being described.

How on earth are they able to get the effects of polyjuice potion on stage? There must be some lighting effects going on. Gosh, I want to see this play so bad :(.

Tonyrobinson
02-08-16, 23:07
I personally think Delphi IS Voldemort's Child because she can Parseltongue which only Heirs of Slytherin can seemingly use. :)

Shark_Blade
03-08-16, 00:30
I like to think she is among the blood line of heir of Slytherin but not Voldemort's daughter. She was consumed by the idea that she was the daughter due to Bellatrix's husband's lie for whatever twisted reason.

"It was Rodolphus Lestrange, Bellatrix’s loyal husband, who on return from Azkaban told me who I was and revealed the prophecy he thought I was destined to fulfill. I am your daughter, sir.”

Furthermore, Voldemort is dead. There's no way the dead can be raised to live again, it's Magic 101. The rules of Harry Potter world.

"No magic power can resurrect a truly dead person. [Read the exact quote from The Guardian Unlimited, 2000]"
http://www.accio-quote.org/themes/therules.htm

As I was readin the part that Delphi did at the Triwizard tournament, it was all for naught even if she did managed to do it.

This is important too :

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4433100/harry-potter-cursed-child-questions/?source=dam

Sincce revisions to the script continued after the book was printed, an edited version will be released in 2017 as the "Definitive Collector's Edition".

This was written on iTunes/iBook as well. It is a "rehearsal edition" after all. I still kinda wish for a proper novel to be produced tbh.

EQuartermain
03-08-16, 11:15
I'm disappointed in the new story. I have not finished it but to me the story fills weak.

Tonyrobinson
03-08-16, 11:54
I actually hated the storyline when I first read about it but having read the playbook and having returned just for a short time to the Wizarding World and characters I love I feel like it's actually a great swan song for the series. :)

I will be interested to see where Fantastic Beasts will take the story, JK Rowling has stated recently it's more related to Potter than what we think.

Also it's set in December 1926 the birth month of Voldemort and the sequel is said to be going in a completely different direction so I hope we will get Dumbledore and Grindlewald's story on film somewhere along in the series. Certainly I feel like we will see the ancestors of some of the characters we love if not some of themselves.

Dumbledore could be great and I noticed Colin Farrell's character shares the names Percival which is included in Dumbledore's name also every Dumbledore has been played by an Irish actor Richard Harris, Michael Gambon and Ciaran Hinds so it might be a little homage or something more that Colin Farrell carries the Percival name.

Rai
03-08-16, 17:02
The sequel to Fantastic Beasts (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fantastic-beasts-find-sequel-release-916818?utm_source=twitter) is already in the works, set for release 16 Nov 2018.

Tonyrobinson
03-08-16, 21:38
Nice. I hope this delivers for WB they've had a bad critical year for their franchises. Fantastic Beasts is going to have to really deliver to bring people out in droves to see the sequels but then again it's more unique than the average superhero genre film.

jackbuzz
04-08-16, 05:55
I have seen all eight parts of harry potter that was amazing and now i am waiting for next part to be released. when i was 11 years then i saw harry potter 1 part and since then i'm fan of harry potter. ;)

Shark_Blade
04-08-16, 06:34
I have seen all eight parts of harry potter that was amazing and now i am waiting for next part to be released. when i was 11 years then i saw harry potter 1 part and since then i'm fan of harry potter. ;)

Darling you need to read the books which is so much better than the movies. There's also 3 more books to accompany the 7 books.

Plus it's unlikely that the Cursed Child is gonna have a movie. It's specifically written by JK Rowling and the play theater team, they're not gonna shutdown their own play tours and replacing it for movie(s) release, that's like shooting their own foot.

tiann
09-08-16, 13:17

Shark_Blade
21-08-16, 01:13
http://i.imgur.com/j2xpu7J.jpg

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2016/08/18/new-harry-potter-books-rowling-orig-vstan.cnn

YAAAASSSSS

tiann
21-08-16, 01:16
JK Rowling is becoming such a sell out lol

Shark_Blade
21-08-16, 01:18
She has planned for that Hogwarts book since forever tbh.

The books are coming in September, next month. :jmp:

jajay119
21-08-16, 09:07
I still wish she would write another series of novels in the wizarding world. Either pre of post Harry but something more substantial than the stage play or these supplements.

Tonyrobinson
23-08-16, 10:15
The books are misleading, it's just the compiled information that you can find Pottermore.

ggctuk
30-08-16, 20:27
Surprised nobody's jumped on this, but WB is looking at a Cursed Child film with Daniel Radcliffe reprising the role of Harry (plus possibly other cast members):

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/warner-bros-is-eyeing-a-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-movie-with-daniel-radcliffe/

Tonyrobinson
30-08-16, 23:33
I'd be so down the only problem with a film adaption Cursed Child is Alan Rickman won't be able to appear. What I can see them doing so either replacing Snape with Moody or making it a prequel before the events of Cursed Child.

Rai
31-08-16, 00:03
^Or they could recast. It wouldn't be the same of course, but if they can recast Dumbledore, the can for Snape too. Plus,if this goes ahead, they may bring in a whole new cast anyway.

Personally, I'd be happy for a DVD of the stage play. Considering the chances of seeing it live are next to nothing :p. Having finally read the script book, I have to say, it had me scratching my head a few times :p. I'm positive it translates much better on stage and the special effects would be amazing.

Tonyrobinson
31-08-16, 00:37
^ If it was new cast I don't think I'd want to see it unless maybe they bring in the Original stage cast, I suppose if they couldn't get the original film actors then I'd settle for a blu Ray of the show.

Though in fairness wouldn't that character be in his 70s during Cursed Child anyway. If that's the case then I guess they could replace him...

the_legend
31-08-16, 02:15
Just ordere the cursed child online and it should arrive in about 2 days. I'm scared and pleased at the same time. :D

Shark_Blade
31-08-16, 02:39
If they get the full original cast then I'm game. Wait, I'm game anyway, I wanna see Scorbus!

Zreen001
31-08-16, 05:02
if this goes ahead, they may bring in a whole new cast anyway.

Younger, edgier versions of the original cast... hmm where have we seen this before?

jajay119
31-08-16, 11:57
Surprised nobody's jumped on this, but WB is looking at a Cursed Child film with Daniel Radcliffe reprising the role of Harry (plus possibly other cast members):

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/warner-bros-is-eyeing-a-harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-movie-with-daniel-radcliffe/
They could look all they want but I'm sure JK would have to sell them the rights to it. Doing so would render the stage production a bit mute and considering all the effort gone into it I don't see them shooting themselves in the foot like that.

ggctuk
31-08-16, 12:03
They could look all they want but I'm sure JK would have to sell them the rights to it. Doing so would render the stage production a bit mute and considering all the effort gone into it I don't see them shooting themselves in the foot like that.

I believe WB have the film rights for any adaptation in the Harry Potter series but whatever they wish to make does have to go past Rowling. I can't remember where I read that, though, but I do believe it's some sort of contractual obligation.

Rai
31-08-16, 12:09
Younger, edgier versions of the original cast... hmm where have we seen this before?

They wouldn't be younger, they'd be older as it's set 19 years after the battle of Hogwarts. Probably would be edgier though. :p

Shark_Blade
31-08-16, 12:16
nvm

Tonyrobinson
31-08-16, 12:25
Warmer Bros own the rights of the Cursed Child so I guess there's nothing stopping regardless.

In terms of what I was talking about earlier I really think if they adapt Cursed Child then Sirius should be the one to replace Snape and instead of Snape's love for Lily have it be about Sirius wanting to avenge the death of his best friend and God son.

jajay119
31-08-16, 12:34
Warmer Bros own the rights of the Cursed Child.

And you know this, how?

Edit:

They don't, just as I thought.

While nothing official has been announced as yet, New York Daily News are reporting that Warner Bros. is attempting to buy the screen rights to The Cursed Child, the play currently running at the Palace Theatre in London.

“Warners is secretly working on getting the movie rights and a screenplay settled, and of course in their minds only one man should be Harry,” the ‘well-placed Hollywood source’ told the publication.

From the independant.co.uk.

Tonyrobinson
31-08-16, 12:37
And you know this, how?

It's in the first page of the Curse Child book. They trademark it to Warner Bros and Little Brown book company.

jajay119
31-08-16, 12:40
It's in the first page of the Curse Child book. They trademark it to Warner Bros and Little Brown book company.

It says they own the names of characters and have licencing over the Wizarding world etc which I'm guessing they mean covers the previous names and places shown in the movies; so no one could make an independant movie or use their assets. That doesn't mean they own the screenplay rights to the movie adaption as standard. The book also says the publishing rights are down to JK Rowling. So, I guess she can choose who publishes what. Though, it seems like an odd choice. Perhps, WB would have a monopoly on movie adaptions but I still think JKR would have to concent to them doing it. If anything, that would need to be in place to protect the financial interests of the stage play etc.

Tonyrobinson
31-08-16, 12:42
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/robinsontony/5BDA0528-DD9A-4AA6-89E7-8EA6A7A6AADE_zpsu0rdcb4s.jpeg

As far as I know it's shared right. I definitely know that Warner Bros do hold the rights to a Cursed Child film though. They recently trademarked it. As per Trademarking law:

Section 32(3) of the Trade Marks Act 1994 (the relevant Act governing this UK application, but it’s based on EU law, for now, so there’s an equivalent provision in all EU countries) states that an applicant on making an application must state:

The application shall state that the trade mark is being used, by the applicant or with his consent, in relation to those goods or services, or that he has a bona fide intention that it should be so used

jajay119
31-08-16, 12:46
Well, I don't profess to have any knowlegde of the publishing world so I can't really say defintitively. I do think there must be some sort of consent requirement from JKR though, surely? They are still her characters and creations after all and we know she had a heavy involvement with the movies.

All i'll say is, if JKR has any sway over if this happens or not; I think she will be in the not camp... for a few years anyway.

Tonyrobinson
31-08-16, 12:49
If we look st the trademarking law she'd have to give consent for it to be used by the third party which would be Warner Bros. I do think this could just relate to a filmed version of the show down the line though.

I do think Warner Bros are bringing us an extended cinematic universe around the Wizarding World, they have created their own Harry Potter Franchise initiative team to especially deal with the film side of things. JK Rowling does have strict creative control over the films now though. She's got a contract that allows her to basically rule how the films are made and edited through her new partnership with Warner.

It was mentioned recently in an interview with David Yates that she was moved by Fantastic Beasts but still had notes they had to implement to make it more in line with her vision of her world.

In terms of timing on the film release I think production would start in 2020 rather than its release just because Fantastic Beasts will close its trilogy that year and I feel like a further Potter movie would over shadow that. I feel a release in 2022 for Cursed Child would be more appropriate.