PDA

View Full Version : The General Harry Potter thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Rivendell
18-04-07, 11:38
Go for it BG, try and make him look accurate to the character instead of some gangly angsty teen :vlol:

Cool, this thread is in the 1000's now!

Evilkipje
18-04-07, 11:44
wow, never noticed this HP thread 0__0

my favourite cover:
http://www.dreuzels.com/boeken/boek4/boek4.jpg

the dutch covers are about 500 times better than the UK ones IMO, they don't show harry! :D

BlackGrey
18-04-07, 11:44
Go for it BG, try and make him look accurate to the character instead of some gangly angsty teen :vlol:

Cool, this thread is in the 1000's now!

Kupo! :jmp: I'll have a go at it to night, I can't promise anything, my illustration skills have been detiriating.
I found one drawing on DeviantArt that looks like how I see Harry but it's an actual portrait of his father. It makes him look like Clark Kent though.

Link... (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4491139/?qo=74&q=hogwarts&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5)

Ada the Mental
18-04-07, 12:12
I don't know how I feel about this...From one side I don't want him to live.From the other hand I find happy endings lame,it would be far more realistic if he dies a hero's death.

The ones I don't want to die are Ron and Hermione (it'd be just sad if they die and it'd make all the foreshadowing about them pointless) and Lupin.Especially the latter one.Although I do want to see him having a nearly (much emphasis on the 'nearly' bit) fatal showdown with Greyback under the full moon.:D
All the rest can rot in hell for all I care!:p

and revenge for having to read over 200 pages of WHINGING SNAPPY HARRY in OOTP. :mad:
And revenge for Sirius dying because of him!:p:mad: Nah.Ok.I can forgive him.He meant to save him.

Actually,I don't think he was that whiney in OotP.I mean with all the stuff he's been through...IMO,it's tha same as saying that Lara was *****y in AoD.

I don't know ... the PS cover was petty cartoony, but that was fine as it suited the style of the book. But the DH cover has no business looking cartoony. :mad:
And yes, the CoS cover was rather bland, but then again, that was my least favourite book, so I don't really care what it looked like. :whi:
But I hated the OotP cover - wtf? a stupid phoenix?! Where's HARRY? :hea:
And you're right - the GoF, PoA and HBP covers do rock! :tmb:

I agree with that.DH's cover should have been something much darker.Featuring Voldemort on it certainly wouldn't hurt.
I'm in love with GoF and the PoA covers.
HBP-The illustration is amazing but I dislike the whole cover because I think that green really doesn't matches too well with blue and red.
Lol.CoS is my least favourite book,too.Closely followed by HBP.

Wheeeeeeee! :D *drools*
A View of Hogwarts in the OOtP video game (http://mugglenet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/eagamesodp037.jpg)
O-M-G!:cln: :cln: :cln:
BTW,I'll only play the game AFTER I've seen the movie.I've spoiled it quite enough already.

:)Cool.Looking forward to seing your take on Harry,BlackGrey.I'm in a fanart mania myself,too.I'm currently drawing five pictures at once (which means that it's unlikely I'll finish any of them any time soon....)

Rivendell
20-04-07, 18:42
WAAAHOOO!!!

International OOTP trailer to debut within the hour

We've just received word from Warner Brothers that AOL's UK website will begin promoting the Order of the Phoenix trailer within the hour. According to AOL's website, the trailer will be online starting Sunday at 2 PM GMT (10 AM EST).

In other parts of the world, the trailer will be released on the 21st in Japan, the 24th in the United States, and early May in Latin America.

UK television will be seeing the trailer debut on Channel 4 this Sunday as well.

We'll update with more as we know it!

Mugglenet ^

:jmp:

Rivendell
22-04-07, 08:11
HQ version out later, but

HppS8f74jyw

Can I hear a BEST FILM YET??

Bonez
22-04-07, 09:02
That looks AWESOME :jmp:

Thanks! :D

Rivendell
22-04-07, 10:08
I can't wait to see the HQ version, it's 3 hours away though..

Hurry uppppp :D

Ada the Mental
22-04-07, 10:38
Awesome isn't it?:jmp:
I've already seen it 5 times since yesterday (it was so hard for me to wait just one day!:rolleyes:).I can't wait for the high quality one!:jmp:

Rivendell
22-04-07, 10:39
Thestrals! Voldemort! Fighting! Teaching! Umbridge! Azkaban! Centaurs! :yah:

Ada the Mental
22-04-07, 10:46
Awww!So nice of Voldie to go to Kings Cross just to kiss little Harry goodbye!:D

Blackmoor
22-04-07, 10:55
Oh my, oh wow!!! That looks fantastic, even the rough version. :eek: :eek:

Voldemort at Kings Cross is perfect!! So creepy! Excellent idea. :tmb:

The magic in this one looks good too.

Harry looks great. Daniel's looks like he's getting better and better at the role with age.

Oh what a good year this is for various releases. :)

Rivendell
22-04-07, 12:38
20 mins to HQ version :D

Rivendell
22-04-07, 13:15
http://video.aol.co.uk/

It's here!! :jmp:

Ada the Mental
22-04-07, 13:19
*Shrieks in terror*
It says the clip is unavailable in my area!:yik: :hea:
You stupid thing!I've been waiting for hours....:(

Rivendell
22-04-07, 13:27
Gutted for you :(

Mugglenet says:

(Note: Some countries, such as Australia, cannot view the video above due to copyright restrictions. However, the video should be available to all in high-definiton format shortly.)

Ada the Mental
22-04-07, 14:07
At last!Leaky cauldron has uploaded it on youtube!
:cln: :cln: :cln:
It looks amazing!

Bonez
22-04-07, 15:19
Looks Like it could be the best film yet :cln:

Rivendell
22-04-07, 15:40
Doesn't it just :D

Here's my thoughts on bits of the trailer:

Voldemort in Platform 9+3/4 ... Fine, could be interesting.. But in a SUIT?! NO!! Robes!

We see the breakout from Azkaban - Bellatrix's escape :jmp:

Harry smashing things up with his fists.. Nice!

Umbridge looks + sounds brilliant!

The thestrals will rock :tmb:

The Ministry foyer (sp?) with the statues :jmp: Love it!

The Hall of Prophecies, explosively cool :D

Dumbledore's escape + Phoenixy diversion is unexpected but looks ace!

DE's look freaky.. The Centaur army will be a sight to behold I reckon.

I think Voldemort is wearing his flowing gown again though, and where are his Blood red eyes? :(

Jake Croft
22-04-07, 20:38
Its because he takes form of someone else at first isnt it then he appears as himself...? Or is he just voldermort to me it looked like he transformed from a normal person :confused:

peffect
22-04-07, 20:57
Can I hear a BEST FILM YET??

*Shouts: It's the best film YET!!!*

Harry Potter rocks!!! :cool:

I thought POA was, is and will remain my best HP ever, but I think I have to change my mind! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Apofiss
22-04-07, 22:03
Hmm... Voldemort in that black suit looks pretty much weird, doesn't he? (reminds of the gentleman from HL2 *ugh*) ...nevertheless 5th movie seems to be smashing!

Angel666
23-04-07, 01:49
Snape smacked Ron with a book. :D That was so awesome. :vlol:

Izzie404
23-04-07, 02:08
omg! I didn't read this book, but I can't wait to see what happens. I really want that :cen: to die. :D
She's so infuriating...:hea:

Shark_Blade
23-04-07, 02:36
:yik:You haven't read it yet???Are you kidding?Go buy it now, seriously.

Mytly
23-04-07, 06:04
Nice trailer.

Can't really get more excited than that, as all my energies are diverted towards trying not to faint with excitement every time I think about about Deathly Hallows (less than three months to go! :yah:) :D

Jake Croft
23-04-07, 15:46
Ive got the book but everytime i push myself to read it... i cant and i want to read it so bad. DAMN ME FOR BEING LAZY! :p

Ada the Mental
23-04-07, 15:56
You've got to read it Jake!:p

USA Today is reporting that a new Order of the Phoenix trailer wil be released on May 4th before Spider-Man 3 in theaters. Accordingly, WB has published some astounding new images from the trailer:
:yah: Better and better!
I hope on the main one there will be less Umbridge,less Hermione-hugging-Harry,and perhaps a glimpse of Tonks and the Marauders&Snivellus&Lily.

Doesn't Voldemort in Platform 9+3/4 ... Fine, could be interesting.. But in a SUIT?! NO!! Robes!
:vlol: I think it's the most hilarious thing I've ever seen!I guess it's some stupid vision Harry has.
I'm actually scanning a stupid comic I did last night based on this.Anyone want to see it?

Jake Croft
23-04-07, 16:00
Im going to try get through about two chapters tonight hopefully ill be hooked and wont want to stop :p

Rivendell
23-04-07, 19:51
I can't wait to see the EVEN NEWER trailer!!

http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/voldemort%7E0.jpg

^ Anyone seen 'The Descent'? :cln:

Greenkey2
23-04-07, 19:59
Ive got the book but everytime i push myself to read it... i cant and i want to read it so bad. DAMN ME FOR BEING LAZY! :p

It's got to be better than me. I read the whole thing in one day now THAT is grounds for being shot by your optician :(

Rivendell
23-04-07, 20:05
I know some people who did that Jenni! I couldn't do it.. I'd want it to last :D

The most I've read of HP in the shortest time is HP4 in two days on holiday. That was about the 3rd time of reading it though!

Mytly
23-04-07, 20:28
It's got to be better than me. I read the whole thing in one day now THAT is grounds for being shot by your optician :(
OotP in one day?! :eek: Wow, I couldn't manage that! But I did manage to read HBP in a day and a half. I fully expect to achieve the same feat on the coming 21st/22nd July. :D
*ducks just as an angry optician shoots* :cln:

Rivendell
23-04-07, 20:32
I'm dreading the last two chapters.. That's when it's all going to end. The last page is going to be so hard to read. :(

Izzie404
23-04-07, 20:35
:yik:You haven't read it yet???Are you kidding?Go buy it now, seriously.

My family has had it since the [literal] minute that it came out, but I got tired of the series because they were so arbitrarily elongated, and I felt that the majority of the books were all fluff, but now I remembered the fun of these wondrous books!

Mytly
23-04-07, 21:27
I'm dreading the last two chapters.. That's when it's all going to end. The last page is going to be so hard to read. :(
:( :( :(
And after that, we'll never get to read a new Harry Potter book again ... http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/310.gif

Rivendell
23-04-07, 21:49
Sad isn't it :( Oh well, I'm sure we'll enjoy it still for years and years :D

Now This is cool!

Hp: POA remixed to look like a horror film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU820oNIscA

Ada the Mental
24-04-07, 11:26
One day?:eek: It took me three days.Or actually two days and a whole night.I kept reading till the morning.It was the first time I ever read a whole book in English,let alone one with 766 pages.:cln:

HBP took me a day and a half but that's because they wouldn't let me finish it!"Put down the book,you have to eat/sleep/go out" etc.
When DH comes out I'll lock myself up in my bedrooom and whoever dares to annoy me will get shot in the head!

:( :( :(
And after that, we'll never get to read a new Harry Potter book again ... http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/310.gif
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/AdatheGrey/Bellow.gif Well I guess I'll just re-read them another *insert embarassing number* times!

Hp: POA remixed to look like a horror film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU820oNIscA
Cool!Even the overgrown,pretending-to-be-a-werewolf rat actually looked scary!

BTW,Voldy in a suit! (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53844656/):D

Jake Croft
24-04-07, 14:28
Wow, one day? It'd take me weeks im such a slow reader haha :D

Rivendell
24-04-07, 17:03
Funny pic that!! :D

And ...
There's a newer trailer out!!!

Oh my ****ing god, excuse the profanity, but no trailer as EVER left me feeling like that! I was gobsmacked, totally and utterly stunned, shivering and without breath at the end, and I swear I felt like bursting into tears of joy!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix.html

That's one of the greatest trailers I've Ever seen!

Bonez
24-04-07, 17:30
Funny pic that!! :D

And ...
There's a newer trailer out!!!

Oh my ****ing god, excuse the profanity, but no trailer as EVER left me feeling like that! I was gobsmacked, totally and utterly stunned, shivering and without breath at the end, and I swear I felt like bursting into tears of joy!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix.html

That's one of the greatest trailers I've Ever seen!

AMAZING :cln: :cln: :cln: :cln:

I love the begginning.. All those fast shots :jmp: Umbridge is awesome :D

The only think I hate is harrys hair. Yeah the actor is growing up, but they could give him a wig... :p

Rivendell
25-04-07, 07:33
Trailer for the video game :jmp:

http://media.mugglenet.com/04242007-ootpvgtrailer/04242007-ootpvgtrailer.mov

Ada the Mental
25-04-07, 13:34
Deathly Hallows+OotP (which looks awesome :cln:)+ videogame=*dies from the excitement*

Jake Croft
28-04-07, 11:43
Finally after about a year... im starting OotP hopefully im going to get through the first two chapters and take it slowly... :D

Shark_Blade
28-04-07, 11:46
Deathly Hallows+OotP (which looks awesome :cln:)+ videogame=*dies from the ecitement*

:vlol: That sounds good to me. ;)

Angel666
28-04-07, 19:56
That doesn't make sense. We can't die untill the last movie. :tea:

Izzie404
28-04-07, 20:21
Maybe: Rowling will make an eighth book just to show Harry after Hogwarts, or the peoples that are making the movies will make there own thing without using a book as a frame, although the latter would be, probably, a very bad movie without Rowling....

Rivendell
28-04-07, 20:44
If he's still alive ;)
Bah.. Imagine if Voldemort really does win - I mean, how utterly unexpected would that be? And that final chapter is like a 'Scourging of the Shire' chapter, showing the dark future of oppression and tyrany? :eek:

Lara'sLover
28-04-07, 22:16
Maybe: Rowling will make an eighth book just to show Harry after Hogwarts, or the peoples that are making the movies will make there own thing without using a book as a frame, although the latter would be, probably, a very bad movie without Rowling....

***SPOILER ALERT*** (read below)

I thought harry left hogwarts at the end of half blood prince:confused:

Rivendell
28-04-07, 22:20
He did, but he's so got to go back - think about it - the Horcruxes are items belonging to Voldemort himself of to the founders of Hogwarts - where better to look for them? :D

Izzie404
28-04-07, 22:24
Oh, I didn't read past the third :o...
So I don't know what has occurred since then...

Mytly
28-04-07, 22:48
Of course Harry's got to go back to Hogwarts in DH - this is a series of school stories, not quest fantasy!
That's not to say that he'll be going back as a regular student - but he most certainly will be spending a significant amount of time in Hogwarts.

I have a way-out-there theory ... that Harry will be the new DADA professor. :D
Think about it: he's really good at the subject; it's going to be downright impossible to find anyone new to fill the post now, as apart from the job being cursed, the whole of Hogwarts is dangerous territory; and McGonagall may just offer Harry the job as a way to keep him from dropping out of school altogether (he'll be a student for the rest of his subjects).
Crazy theory, yes - but could it be true? :cln:

Izzie404
28-04-07, 23:02
Sounds nice, but then that could set him up for Riv's idea: Have Voldemort ultimately win...

Ada the Mental
29-04-07, 09:46
That doesn't make sense. We can't die untill the last movie. :tea:

Oh, so true! Ok,then, I'll die a few years later. :vlol:

Anyways, I don't think Harry will return as a student. There are too many thing to be done, with all these Horcruxes left, to have time for school and we already know that it's not a particularly big book. (:hea:)

But I think he will return to the school eventually because I think that the Mirror of Erised is a Horcrux.

Actually , I doubt Hogwarts will even open. I've always thought that the day Snape becomes the DADA teacher he'll be the last one we'll see.

peeves
29-04-07, 21:44
NE1 looking forward to the new movie that's coming up? I DEFINATELY AM!!!!:D I already know what happens in the book. Did they reveal the rating for the movie yet? I'm thinking it'll be either PG,PG13 or R. Probably PG-13. That stinks we still hefta wait to see the movie.

Jake Croft
29-04-07, 21:46
Whens it due for release again...?
I keep forgetting ^^

peeves
29-04-07, 21:48
July 13 it's due. I doubt that Rowling'll write an 8th book.

Mytly
29-04-07, 21:49
Release dates:
OotP movie - 13th July
DH book - 21st July

:wve:

Jake Croft
29-04-07, 21:50
Ive got around two month to get through OotP i read slow aswell... damn i am abit stuck haha

peeves
29-04-07, 21:50
Release dates:
OotP movie - 13th July
DH book - 21st July

What rating will the movie be? PG13 or R?

Jake Croft
29-04-07, 21:55
Id think PG13 in Uk thatd be like 12A?

peeves
29-04-07, 21:57
In America where I live that be like PG13. So will the movie be R or PG-13 in the US?

Angel666
29-04-07, 22:30
PG-13 most probably. Making a HP movie R would be an incredibly stupid move to make.

Ada the Mental
01-05-07, 11:15
Hey!Check some new pics from the OotP!
http://community.livejournal.com/ootpmoviepics/38971.html#cutid1
http://community.livejournal.com/ootpmoviepics/39407.html#cutid1

I like how Tonks looks after all. But she still needs short and spiky hair!:p

Shark_Blade
01-05-07, 13:24
I have to say, Harry looks A LOT better with short hair. In GoF his hair is so long it's simply dreadful, and Ron's hair made me snort my milk up my nose. And hopefully Harry won't do any nude scene in OotP as he had done in a play before.

knutroald
01-05-07, 13:38
Hey!Check some new pics from the OotP!
http://community.livejournal.com/ootpmoviepics/38971.html#cutid1
http://community.livejournal.com/ootpmoviepics/39407.html#cutid1

I like how Tonks looks after all. But she still needs short and spiky hair!:p

Thanks, Nymphadora Tonks looks great, just as I imagined her to be:)

Rivendell
01-05-07, 15:42
and Ron's hair made me snort my milk up my nose.

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Do you mean 'Out' of your nose?

:vlol:

LegenDarY
01-05-07, 20:32
Jesus that new trailer is amazing. I hadn't seen it yet, it got me all excited for the new movie and book. I feel like reading the last two books again :D.

I'm worried how they're going to cram such a long and amazing story into 1 movie (2, 3 hours tops).

Ada the Mental
01-05-07, 20:34
Lol.I think they both look like idiots with short hair.

BTW, why is Rupert Grint ALWAYS with this ridiculous expression on his face in every photo?:vlol:

sdp93
02-05-07, 04:29
I don't read Harry Potter anymore. I haven't figured out why, but I just don't. I can't stand the movies now either. If they base a movie off a book, make it the closest you can to the original story (I wrote a whole report about this too).

Shark_Blade
02-05-07, 04:49
I'm sure it'll be cut down heavily just like prisoner of azkaban, and goblet of fire. Originally they said they wanted to make two part movie for order of the phoenix, but then withdraw from that idea.

and Riv: yeah, the milk should go out of my nose:whi::p

peffect
02-05-07, 09:04
Does any one care about what's gonna happen to the dursleys?

Well, I do.

Mytly
03-05-07, 06:35
*In a Sybil Trelawney-type voice*
The Dursleys will be attacked by Death Eaters, when they come looking for Harry ... Harry will have to save them ... Uncle Vernon will still be the ungrateful SOB that he always is ... but Aunt Petunia might soften up, and give Harry some important information about his mother ...
;)

Ada the Mental
03-05-07, 15:13
The Dursleys will be attacked by Death Eaters, when they come looking for Harry ... Harry will have to save them ... Uncle Vernon will still be the ungrateful SOB that he always is ... but Aunt Petunia might soften up, and give Harry some important information about his mother ...
;)

Definitely. What's left of the Order will also appear just in time to have a nice action-packed fight with the Death Eaters and we we'll also find out what little Big D's heard when the Dementors showed up and who the person who develops magical abilities much later than usual is.

BlackGrey
03-05-07, 18:30
I normally hate the harry potter movies for the fact daniel radcliffe is harry potter... but I have had two accidents this evening, one watching the game trailer and the other watching the movie trailer, mum was not best pleased when I presented her with a pair of underwear, not at all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLud6yM47u8

Rivendell
03-05-07, 19:03
Sodding brilliant trailer isn't it? :jmp:

BlackGrey
03-05-07, 19:26
Sodding brilliant trailer isn't it? :jmp:

It is! I really hope Daniel has improved!

Shark_Blade
03-05-07, 21:12
lol why hate Daniel? I despise Ron(Rupert) since the 2nd movie because he seems a lot dumber as the series grow.And he's expression is like he's about to cry everytime. God! He's worse than Neville.

Mytly
03-05-07, 22:31
Ada - regarding your new location ... you actually want to be stuck in that manky old house with Mrs. Black's screaming portrait and Kreacher for company (Sirius isn't there anymore, you know ;))? :whi:

I normally hate the harry potter movies for the fact daniel radcliffe is harry potter... but I have had two accidents this evening, one watching the game trailer and the other watching the movie trailer, mum was not best pleased when I presented her with a pair of underwear, not at all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLud6yM47u8
Far more than I ever wanted to know about the state of BlackGrey's underwear ... :yik:

BlackGrey
04-05-07, 09:18
lol why hate Daniel? I despise Ron(Rupert) since the 2nd movie because he seems a lot dumber as the series grow.And he's expression is like he's about to cry everytime. God! He's worse than Neville.

Are you kidding me? He is a brilliant actor!

@Mytly, you know that you really, really want to know what colour they are!

peffect
04-05-07, 12:14
;)

What about Dudley? :p

I want Petunia to give Harry something she kept for all these years, soething that might help him in his last fight against Voldy, even if I smell something like death for both...

Shark_Blade
04-05-07, 12:20
Aunt Petunia can give Harry her stale cheese kept all those years. That should kill them both.

Seriously. I think Aut Petunia can give Harry her Dumbledore's letter that she held on. Maybe it'll give some hints to his battle with Voldy. Didn't JK said the house have some jind of mantra,protecting Harry or something?

Ada the Mental
04-05-07, 12:25
Yeah, a charm that will wear off when Harry turns 17.

@ Mytly: I can still dream, can't I?:ton:

I'm not a fangirl. Really. I just have obssessions with fictional characters.

peffect
04-05-07, 12:30

Yeah, interesting!
But what if this charm takes effect only if Dumbledore is alive?

Shark_Blade
04-05-07, 12:32
I feel something will happen to the Dursley's house in book 7 :cln: Harry ran to his house for protection? Or maybe Voldy just went on a childish rant and destroy the little white house?

peffect: charms don't wear off if the caster is dead. Proof is Harry's mom's charm on harry.:)

peffect
04-05-07, 12:38
peffect: charms don't wear off if the caster is dead. Proof is Harry's mom's charm on harry.:)
Harry's mother's charm is given by HER! She gave HER life to protect HIS! ;)

Ada the Mental
04-05-07, 12:41
I don't think the charm will wear off.
As SB said it would have worn off with Lily's death.
Besides there would be no point for Jo to write that since the charm will be over anyway.

peffect
04-05-07, 12:46
I don't think the charm will wear off.
As SB said it would have worn off with Lily's death.
Besides there would be no point for Jo to write that since the charm will be over anyway.

*Sighs*
I wonder how JK will explain all this in a 700pages book...:/

Ada the Mental
04-05-07, 12:55
Me too. It's just too short.
I get the feeling it'll be rushed like HBP and we'll be left unsatisfied...:(

peffect
04-05-07, 13:03
Me too. It's just too short.
I get the feeling it'll be rushed like HBP and we'll be left unsatisfied...:(

Yes... I think there will be no summer at the Dursleys, the book will start at the beginning of the year! :D

Well, hoping JK.R has done a good end. *Crosses fingers*

Shark_Blade
04-05-07, 13:04
Harry's mother's charm is given by HER! She gave HER life to protect HIS! ;)

I thought she was killed? In movie 1, Voldy Avada Kedavra her.

peffect
04-05-07, 13:05

lol, yes! You're right!

But (as I understood) she gave her everything before she dies.

Mytly
04-05-07, 13:17
Yes, she was killed. But Voldy had not intended to kill her at first, only Harry - but Lily offered her life instead of Harry's, and so Voldy killed her. But then when he tried to kill Harry, Lily's love protected him, so the curse bounced back on Voldy and "killed" him. That love is based on blood, and so it protected Harry while he was still a child, and lived with his mother's blood relative (Petunia). But it will wear off when he becomes an adult, that is, on his 17th birthday.
@ Mytly: I can still dream, can't I?:ton:

I'm not a fangirl. Really. I just have obssessions with fictional characters.
Don't worry, I am like that too. :D

petujaymz
04-05-07, 15:14
I can't stand Harry Potter so dunno why I'm posting here to be honest.

Suppose I've given an opinion - better than nuffink.

the hooliganz
04-05-07, 21:09

Yeah, I think his scar will be removed, that is why maybe the last word in the book is scar.

"Harry what happened to your scar?"

If he will still live

danitiwa
04-05-07, 21:12
I had this friend who was really freaky about harry potter, beleived he was real and that she would marry him one day and stuff... :pi:

peeves
05-05-07, 14:00
So do you think harry will die in the 7th book? I think he will. Remember in the Goiblet of Fire where after harry came outta the maze with cedric dead and harry started crying? Alastor moody turned the cup into a portkey just to get harry killed but harry survived and moddy was ready to kill harry using the charm until dumbledore bust in and stopped him.

AmericanAssassin
05-05-07, 21:18
Wow! Look what I've found! :jmp: I can't wait to buy it!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Harry%20Potter%20Series/HP.jpg

Ada the Mental
05-05-07, 23:12
So do you think harry will die in the 7th book? I think he will. Remember in the Goiblet of Fire where after harry came outta the maze with cedric dead and harry started crying? Alastor moody turned the cup into a portkey just to get harry killed but harry survived and moddy was ready to kill harry using the charm until dumbledore bust in and stopped him.
Ummm...Even though I think, too, that he'll die I kind off fail to see how this has anything to do with Harry dying. And it wasn't Moody, for the matter.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Harry%20Potter%20Series/HP.jpg

:cln: Wow!

AmericanAssassin
06-05-07, 23:25

I think he'll be forced to sacrifice his own life in order to save those who he loves from Voldemort. Ron and Hermione will, inevitably, end up together in the end. Marriage maybe. And, the wizard world will be happy... :)

Shark_Blade
07-05-07, 03:57

:yik: Amazing! But I already have all 6 books(not that version btw). Ah well, Ebay, here I come. Mine was wrapped was used with good care.

Ada the Mental
08-05-07, 16:24
What House were Tonks and Myrtle in?
Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw respectively.
NOOOOOOO! Tell me it's the other way round.I've just lost ten euros in a bet. I was sure Tonks was a Ravenclaw.:vlol:
And Myrtle in Ravenclaw...just wrong...She certainly doesn't act like one.:p

young Lara Croft
08-05-07, 18:46

OMG!!!!! all the 7 volumes!!!!! i can't believe it!!!! i wonded how much.....

peffect
08-05-07, 19:56

Oh

My

God!!!

:cln:

Mytly
08-05-07, 21:44
NOOOOOOO! Tell me it's the other way round.I've just lost ten euros in a bet. I was sure Tonks was a Ravenclaw.:vlol:
And Myrtle in Ravenclaw...just wrong...She certainly doesn't act like one.:p
If I had ten euros and someone to bet it with, I would have bet the same too (Tonks in Ravenclaw) ... it's really strange, but though it's never stated anywhere in canon, it just feels right that she would be a Ravenclaw ... and she most certainly does not seem like a Hufflepuff. :confused:
Myrtle doesn't seem much like a Ravenclaw either - I thought she would have been in Slytherin (and no, I don't believe that there have never been any Muggle-born students in Slytherin).

Ada the Mental
09-05-07, 10:30
It's just weird. I've always thought that Tonks was in Ravenclaw or in Slytherin (not ALL Slytherins have to be bad!) being an Auror and everything. I've had the impression that in Hufflepuff ended up the...Neville-like students. Kind and honest but a bit of pushovers...She doesn't seem to fit.

And yeah,I thought too that Myrtle was in Slytherin for some unknown reason.Perhaps because she's too annoying.:p

Well I hope that my friend has forgotten about that bet.It was a long time ago!

Mytly
09-05-07, 20:39
Ada, have you read RedHen's essay on the Houses (http://www.redhen-publications.com/Hufflepuff.html)? She portrays them all in a very different light, especially Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. For example, she puts up a good defense for Hufflepuff, saying that they are not duffers (or even pushovers ;)), but rather team players, for whom being part of a group is more important than individual achievement, which is why to outsiders they may seem as if they don't amount to much.
OTOH, RedHen does not seem to like Gryffindors much - or at least, she's determined not to see all Gryffindors as "good guys" by default. After all, we have seen at least one Gryffindor who turned out to be every bit as slimy and nasty as the worst of the Slytherins (Pettigrew). Also, she thinks that one of the defining qualities of all Gryffindors is a thirst for glory - which could be a good thing or a bad one, depending on how you look at it.

AmericanAssassin
10-05-07, 01:19
In 6 days or so, I'll be changing my avatar to something in celebration of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! :yah: I can't wait!

Angel666
10-05-07, 01:54
[QUOTE=Ada the Mental;1794737]It's just weird. I've always thought that Tonks was in Ravenclaw or in Slytherin (not ALL Slytherins have to be bad!) being an Auror and everything. I've had the impression that in Hufflepuff ended up the...Neville-like students. Kind and honest but a bit of push-overs...She doesn't seem to fit.

QUOTE]

I always thought that Tonks was in Gryffindor. :confused:

Alex West
10-05-07, 10:33
Ada, have you read RedHen's essay on the Houses (http://www.redhen-publications.com/Hufflepuff.html)? She portrays them all in a very different light, especially Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. For example, she puts up a good defense for Hufflepuff, saying that they are not duffers (or even pushovers ;)), but rather team players, for whom being part of a group is more important than individual achievement, which is why to outsiders they may seem as if they don't amount to much.

Oh that's cool - I've always quite liked Hufflepuff - my favourite colour is yellow so I have felt an affinity to it lol - I agree with the team player thing, not all duffers! :)

lara_lover999
10-05-07, 10:49
i cant friken wait till the final book
its soooooooooooo exciting
i wonder who will die
:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

i read somwhere that the fact that harry has his mothers eyes is really really important (cant think why though)?????
and also do u guys think snape is good or evil and why???

cant wait till book 7
:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Ada the Mental
10-05-07, 16:41
Oh that's cool - I've always quite liked Hufflepuff - my favourite colour is yellow so I have felt an affinity to it lol - I agree with the team player thing, not all duffers! :)
I'm exactly the opposite.I dislike the yellow colour with a passion.:vlol:

OTOH, RedHen does not seem to like Gryffindors much - or at least, she's determined not to see all Gryffindors as "good guys" by default. After all, we have seen at least one Gryffindor who turned out to be every bit as slimy and nasty as the worst of the Slytherins (Pettigrew). Also, she thinks that one of the defining qualities of all Gryffindors is a thirst for glory - which could be a good thing or a bad one, depending on how you look at it.
The theory that the hat was tampered with is very interesting.* But I believe that it's more the Harry's really biased point of view issue that leads to the Gryffindor=Good/ Slytherin=Bad cliche.
I liked the fact that in HBP we were introduced to incredibly annoying Gryffindors (like McLaggen and Rovilda Vane) and at last a Slytherin that's not evil-Slughorn. And personally I'll be extremely surprised -and disappointed- to find out that Andromeda Black (who according to Sluggy was a Slytherin) is as bad as her 'lovely' sisters. Assuming of course that she does show up in DH.

I've never given much thought to the Houses and the sorting to be honest. But what RenHen says about sorting the child where it wants to be makes much more sense. And it's backed up by Dumbledore saying that it's the choices that really matter.

*BTW,I think that Tommy did create a Horcrux that day at Hogwarts-the mirror of Erised.

Shark_Blade
10-05-07, 18:02
@lara lover: I hope Harry died!:jmp: that'll be a perfect trilogy.

Mytly
10-05-07, 19:38
I'm exactly the opposite.I dislike the yellow colour with a passion.:vlol:
Arrgh, me too! :yik: Bad memories of being in the yellow house in school, and having to wear a godawful yellow uniform on sports days! :hea:

But I believe that it's more the Harry's really biased point of view issue that leads to the Gryffindor=Good/ Slytherin=Bad cliche.
Of course Harry's biased viewpoint does come into it. But there was also Hagrid in PS saying that all dark wizards were from Slytherin (of course, he's probably biased too, as he was a Gryff himself). The other houses seem to avoid Slytherins too, and no Slyths are included in the DA in OotP, though plenty of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws are - even annoying ones like Zacharias Smith.

I liked the fact that in HBP we were introduced to incredibly annoying Gryffindors (like McLaggen and Rovilda Vane) and at last a Slytherin that's not evil-Slughorn. And personally I'll be extremely surprised -and disappointed- to find out that Andromeda Black (who according to Sluggy was a Slytherin) is as bad as her 'lovely' sisters. Assuming of course that she does show up in DH.
Good point about McLaggen, Romilda and Slughorn - yeah, I am glad we so many met non-stereotypical characters in HBP.
I would like to meet Andromeda Black too, but I doubt it will happen. Rowling has already said that no new major characters will be introduced in DH, so at the most, we might just get a glimpse of Andromeda in one scene - maybe Tonks and Lupin's wedding (probably in the epilogue)? They have to have a happy ending - Lupin deserves it.

*BTW,I think that Tommy did create a Horcrux that day at Hogwarts-the mirror of Erised.
Not sure if the Mirror of Erised could be horcrux. After all, Dumbledore must have worked closely with it in PS, since it was his contribution to the maze. Surely he would have noticed if there was anything sinister about it? :confused:

Angel666
10-05-07, 21:56
^^ Maybe they'll have a double wedding with Bill and Fluer. lol

peeves
11-05-07, 00:24
I liked Slytherin coz I like green as my 2nd favorite color my fav is purple but its not on one of the houses.Did you know that in every harry potter movie that harry was in two different places at the same exact time. In the sorcerer's stone harry ron and hermione escaped fluffy after unlocking the door then after that but before they got to fluffy again the other 3 students went down the trapdoor
to get the sorceres stone. and the chamber of secrets after ron and harry got outta the car womping willow part the car went into the forest to save harry and ron and the prisoner of azkaban is obvious with the time turner but in the goblet of fire at the camp tent were on fire the skull and snake was in the sky and the death eaters came to the cemetery with harry and both of those parts required portkeys and the order of the phoenix after the hearing the 6 students face to face with lucius and the death eaters and comes out dumbledore to fight. Ain't it wierd with no timeturner?

AmericanAssassin
11-05-07, 00:29
Have all of you taken the old quiz on the official site to see what house you would be in? I did and it said that I'd be placed in Slytherin. ;)

Mytly
11-05-07, 06:11
I remember taking several tests of similar kinds over the years, and I have always got different answers each time, so there's not much point to them. :rolleyes:
But a more realistic test would be a simple question that you could ask yourself - what house do you think you would be in? For example, I am pretty sure I would have wound up in Ravenclaw - I am not claiming that I am exceptionally intelligent, or anything like that, but rather that I value knowledge and intellectual abilities quite highly.
So what do you value the most? Bravery, loyalty, intelligence or ambition/achievement? Answer that honestly, and you could sort yourself without needing a hat. ;)

Shark_Blade
11-05-07, 06:21
I always get Gryffindor;)

BlackGrey
11-05-07, 09:33
I'm sad this is the last book, have we had any word if she plans to write the books like "Hogwarts, A History or other book?"

Rivendell
11-05-07, 09:34
:eek: That's the book I'd love to read Rich, if she ever writes another HP book - I'd love it to be that one.

It could almost be like her 'Silmarillion'. :D

BlackGrey
11-05-07, 09:35
:eek: That's the book I'd love to read Rich, if she ever writes another HP book - I'd love it to be that one.

It could almost be like her 'Silmarillion'. :D

I bought the very two brief books she published for comic relief, Magical Beasts and Quidditch Players through the ages, so I doubt it'd be much of a hassle to produce anymore, I'm sure she'd enjoyed it! Though I think that if she tries to write any books a year or more after about an entirely different character it might not be succesful because she might marked as the one who wrote the Harry Potter books. I'm not sure!

---

Rivendell
11-05-07, 09:37
I got those too :tmb: I loved the Bestiary - and the Quidditch one just made me dream about playing it, and those were some amazing dreams!

BlackGrey
11-05-07, 09:41
I got those too :tmb: I loved the Bestiary - and the Quidditch one just made me dream about playing it, and those were some amazing dreams!

I love the idea of playing Quidditch, in fact JK's made such a world, I dream of being in it. I really wish they'd make a role playing game, one for every year of hogwarts and then the last one could be like getting a career and the like :jmp:

I can imagine it know; there would a family generator to decide what kind of family you were born into and being of age to be called into Hogwarts and to go around diagon alley to get all your stuff :jmp: It would be amazing and you could be dark wizard and explore that other alley that for the life of me I can't remember! I won't go on much longer, I think your imagination can do the rest :cln:

Rivendell
11-05-07, 09:45
Too right, it'd be so cool!
Being able to go all around all the places from the books would be ace. Imagine a portal from the Ministry dungeons to Azkaban :cln:

Or simply being able to learn ace new spells - or an ElderScrollsy type way of 'making your own' ones. Go around with the invisibility cloak on, zapping people and pupils.. Jump off Gringotts roof.. (Random, but hey!)

BlackGrey
11-05-07, 09:49
Too right, it'd be so cool!
Being able to go all around all the places from the books would be ace. Imagine a portal from the Ministry dungeons to Azkaban :cln:

Or simply being able to learn ace new spells - or an ElderScrollsy type way of 'making your own' ones. Go around with the invisibility cloak on, zapping people and pupils.. Jump off Gringotts roof.. (Random, but hey!)

And it'd be great if you could choose to go to Hogwarts when HP was there
or after because then Diagon alley would have Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes or whatever and you could buy a pigmy puff :jmp: I'd also love to buy a broom :jmp: It'd be great if in the game, if JK wrote the stuff in all the books and they'd typed some of it, just quotes into the books you picked up in the shop :jmp: My imaginations going wild.

Alex West
11-05-07, 11:34
Arrgh, me too! :yik: Bad memories of being in the yellow house in school, and having to wear a godawful yellow uniform on sports days! :hea:

Lol - I always liked being in the Yellow House at school - I was yellow in primary AND secondary school! To my memory we did pretty well most of the time lol! :p

Shark_Blade
11-05-07, 14:19
I heard that a fan re-write JK Rowling's Half Blood Prince and many people love that version more than JK's. Does anyone have a link to that site/fiction? I heard she got hired by a book company to write other books,lucky her:D

Ada the Mental
11-05-07, 20:48
Of course Harry's biased viewpoint does come into it. But there was also Hagrid in PS saying that all dark wizards were from Slytherin (of course, he's probably biased too, as he was a Gryff himself). The other houses seem to avoid Slytherins too, and no Slyths are included in the DA in OotP, though plenty of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws are - even annoying ones like Zacharias Smith.
Well apparently they're all prejudiced!
I doubt Voldemort only alllows ex-Slyherins and purebloods in his ranks (he'd have been left with only a couple of Deathe Eaters if he did).I bet there are or will be DE from the other Houses as well.

I would like to meet Andromeda Black too, but I doubt it will happen. Rowling has already said that no new major characters will be introduced in DH, so at the most, we might just get a glimpse of Andromeda in one scene - maybe Tonks and Lupin's wedding (probably in the epilogue)? They have to have a happy ending - Lupin deserves it.
Definitely. Jo owes the poor man some happiness at last.
I really hope she doesn't kill him off too.:(

And about Andromeda-it'd be a pity if we don't get to see her. A Bella vs Andy showdown would have been fun.

Not sure if the Mirror of Erised could be horcrux. After all, Dumbledore must have worked closely with it in PS, since it was his contribution to the maze. Surely he would have noticed if there was anything sinister about it? :confused:
Yeah,that's what has been bugging me. If I remember correctly thouggh Rowling said that we have seen at least one Horcrux in the previous books. Well...we'll see.:confused:

I heard that a fan re-write JK Rowling's Half Blood Prince and many people love that version more than JK's. Does anyone have a link to that site/fiction? I heard she got hired by a book company to write other books,lucky her:D
Well if you're talking about this...http://blackcoyote.livejournal.com/1665.html...it's hilarious!:vlol: :D

Mytly
12-05-07, 16:07
Well apparently they're all prejudiced!
I doubt Voldemort only alllows ex-Slyherins and purebloods in his ranks (he'd have been left with only a couple of Deathe Eaters if he did).I bet there are or will be DE from the other Houses as well.
I wonder what house Barty Crouch Jr. was in? He doesn't seem like a Slytherin to me. Quite possibly a Hufflepuff, given his intense loyalty to Voldy.
There was an editorial on Mugglenet a long time ago (pre-HBP, I think) which made a good case for Barty Jr. being a Hufflepuff, and Quirrell being a Ravenclaw - so we have two non-Slyth Voldy supporters right there.

Rivendell
13-05-07, 09:33
http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?MovieID=34fe04c6-f4e4-4055-aa63-3cdcf5cccd36

^ New snippets of the film :D

Lavinder
13-05-07, 09:48
Well if you're talking about this...http://blackcoyote.livejournal.com/1665.html...it's hilarious!:vlol: :D

Dumbledore: (nudging Harry) Psst, Harry - Do Your
Thing!
Harry: (flashing brilliant green eyes at Slughorn)
Pleeeeeeze!
Slughorn: Umm…
Harry: Pretty
Pleeeeze!
Slughorn: Err…
Harry: Pretty
Pleeeeze with sugar on it!
Slughorn: Oh, all
right!
Harry: Yay!
Dumbledore: (eyes
twinkle)

Oh god :vlol:

Geck-o-Lizard
13-05-07, 18:15
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the final book's been leaked onto the 'net already.

xcrushterx
13-05-07, 18:22
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the final book's been leaked onto the 'net already.
Really??? Are links allowed?

Geck-o-Lizard
13-05-07, 18:25
Even if they were, I wouldn't give you one.

My friend sent me a copy of the .pdf but I'm not going to read it.

xcrushterx
13-05-07, 18:27
I have a look for it =D

I'm not the type of person who has the patience to wait on something when I really don't have to wait LOL.

Hyper_Crazy
13-05-07, 18:55
I think I found it, do I download it or not.....nope.

Shark_Blade
13-05-07, 19:19
It’s a fanfic. You can read it here as well:

http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/3517/

So it's fake. No worries you guys;)

Geck-o-Lizard
13-05-07, 19:24
I'd certainly hope it's a fake. :rolleyes:

pinklaralover
13-05-07, 19:41
Hey everyoe, Im not quite fond of harry potter but this is a video i went past on youtube i felt as if i should share it with you all i hope you all like it. If you like this ill post chapter 2 in a bit. Thank you
VzEak_hV1mY

Rivendell
14-05-07, 17:24
JKRowling.com receives Diary update
Jo has updated her website with a new diary entry which reinforces a recent editorial made on Leaky about spoiling Deathly Hallows for the fans. From Jo:

There will always be sad individuals who get their kicks from ruining other people's fun, but while sites like Leaky take such an active stance against them, we may yet win. Even if the biggest secret gets out - even if somebody discovers the Giant Squid is actually the world's largest Animagus, which rises from the lake at the eleventh hour, transforms into Godric Gryffindor and... well, I wouldn't like to spoil it.

Now is also a good time to update everyone on MuggleNet's spoiler policy: no information sent into MuggleNet regarding Deathly Hallows will be posted unless it is revealed by an official source (i.e. Scholastic or Bloomsbury).

Any information officially released will not be immediately readable on the site unless you highlight the text or click an extra link. Additionally, we warn everyone to avoid the comments of each news post if you're afraid of being spoiled. While they will continue to be moderated, a visitor or two may get a bright idea to post a big secret before we can catch it.

Bottom line: Don't worry about being spoiled around MuggleNet, but beware of some tricky people in the comments.

:eek: So some spoilers have been leaked?

Bown
14-05-07, 21:00
This is intriguing.

Shark_Blade
15-05-07, 15:33
:yik: *cover eyes and ears* I don't want to be spoiled until the book arrive.

Rivendell
19-05-07, 08:43
Cool new advert!

yZDNwXle154

the hooliganz
19-05-07, 08:48
Really Cool!

I can't wait to see the movie and buy Deathly Hallows

Ada the Mental
21-05-07, 20:58
SqCZSUpMG90
LMAO!:vlol:

Rivendell
21-05-07, 21:12
:vlol: Brilliant! Thanks Ada :D

Angel666
22-05-07, 01:13
I'm so happy and nervous at the same time. My friend and I are both going to the midnight party and I know this sounds stupid but I don't know what I'm going to do with myself after the series ends. I've never been a part of any other fandom and I don't know if anything else can catch my attention like Harry Potter did.

L.C
23-05-07, 12:48
If I may add my two-knuts worth....

Even though I've had the books for years, I didn't touch them until I got the throat virus from hell last week which forced me to rest. I started with Philosophers Stone and went through each one until yesterday morning. I felt like I finally 'qualified' to read this thread from start to finish (I enviously avoided it as I knew it would be full of spoilers), which has proved nearly as entertaining as the books themselves :D

There was a post somewhere in the midst that pondered how easily the story flowed to someone who had only watched the films. Well, being that I was in that position until I fell ill, I can assure anyone that I saw no major holes in the consistency, apart from the obvious changes in Hogwarts' locale. But, of course, the books themselves present so much more depth, and I liked being able to get far more background in the characters and situations. The films stand alone quite well; the books added enrichment. Sort of like comparing Ron's method of studying to Hermione's; he tends to only learn the basics, more or less just getting by, whereas she will research everything, understanding the how's and why's much more.

Am very much looking forward to this summer; a new film, a new (and improved!!) game, and the last chapter.

Sensory overload beckons :jmp:

Mytly
23-05-07, 19:56
Welcome to HP fandom, L.C.! :tmb:

Wow, you read all the six books in just one week?! :eek:

LegenDarY
23-05-07, 20:02

Exactly what I was thinking.. very impressive. I'm going to take my time with the last book.. I want to enjoy it for as long as possible :D.

I just can't wait for July to come. Luckily we'll have TRA to entertain us untill then.

Ada the Mental
23-05-07, 20:16
Just in time not to miss the pre-DH release hype and all the speculation, L.C!:D

I can't wait till July,either.
From one hand I'm dying to know the ending and have most of the loose ends answered but on the other hand I just don't want it to end.:( I've practically grown with these books.I was about nine or ten when I started reading them I remember I used to daydream about getting a letter from Hogwarts when I turn 11!:D

Mytly
23-05-07, 20:51
It’s a fanfic. You can read it here as well:

http://www.phoenixsong.net/fanfiction/story/3517/
Thanks for that link, Shark Blade. That's one amazing fanfic! :jmp: I read the whole thing, and my thought through most of it was: "Wow, this writer could really give JKR a run for her money!" The horcrux hunt episodes are fantastic, and I love the final confrontation with Voldemort. The Harry/Ginny bits, OTOH, are horribly sappy, but than again, it's a H/G shipping site, so what did I expect? ;)
The last bit of the epilogue was really stunning, though: Dudley following in Tom Riddle's footsteps! :yik:

Angel666
23-05-07, 20:55
I was about nine or ten when I started reading them I remember I used to daydream about getting a letter from Hogwarts when I turn 11!:D

OMG. I remember crying when I turned 11 and didn't ge a letter.

Ada the Mental
23-05-07, 21:13
Thanks for that link, Shark Blade. That's one amazing fanfic! :jmp: I read the whole thing, and my thought through most of it was: "Wow, this writer could really give JKR a run for her money!" The horcrux hunt episodes are fantastic, and I love the final confrontation with Voldemort. The Harry/Ginny bits, OTOH, are horribly sappy, but than again, it's a H/G shipping site, so what did I expect? ;)
The last bit of the epilogue was really stunning, though: Dudley following in Tom Riddle's footsteps! :yik:
Not a Harry/Ginny shipper,are you? I don't mind the pairing itself,personally, but I think JKR did a pretty bad job with it in HBP. :rolleyes:

Mytly
23-05-07, 21:22
Not a Harry/Ginny shipper,are you? I don't mind the pairing itself,personally, but I think JKR did a pretty bad job with it in HBP. :rolleyes:
Well, actually, I don't mind the pairing at all, it's just that I think that romance should take a backseat in the HP books. JKR handled the romantic angle quite well in GoF and even OotP - just as something happening in the background, along with many other things. But the huge amount of importance given to it in HBP really grated on my nerves. :mad:
As for the fanfic I was referring to - well, it was a million times worse than HBP in that regard: at least every 3 or 4 paragraphs, either Harry would be thinking about how much Ginny means to him, or else they'd simply be snogging their brains out. :hea:

Ada the Mental
23-05-07, 21:31
Well, actually, I don't mind the pairing at all, it's just that I think that romance should take a backseat in the HP books. JKR handled the romantic angle quite well in GoF and even OotP - just as something happening in the background, along with many other things. But the huge amount of importance given to it in HBP really grated on my nerves. :mad:
One of my main problems with HBP...All that romance felt so much forced. And i was thinking that H/G thing was stating to develop pretty well in OotP,very subtly, and then suddenly in HBP it was all in your face.:hea:

As for the fanfic I was referring to - well, it was a million times worse than HBP in that regard: at least every 3 or 4 paragraphs, either Harry would be thinking about how much Ginny means to him, or else they'd simply be snogging their brains out. :hea:
That's why avoid fanfics!About 90% of them seem to be about shipping....

Quasimodo
23-05-07, 21:37
One of my main problems with HBP...All that romance felt so much forced. And i was thinking that H/G thing was stating to develop pretty well in OotP,very subtly, and then suddenly in HBP it was all in your face.:hea:

That's why I didn't care much for HBP, either; 70% high school drama and the novel doesn't even get down to business 'til the end.

Can't really say what I think of the H/G pairing, Ginny's character isn't as fleshed out as the trio. It did seem forced now that you mention it. I guess JK was trying to make Harry more realistic as a teenage boy, lol

Mytly
24-05-07, 06:14
I am not really into fanfics anymore either, and even when I was, I avoided the shipping ones like the plague!

I got hooked onto this particular fanfic that I was talking about (it's called "The Seventh Horcrux", btw) because it was very well written - apart from the H/G bits - had a truly gripping plotline, and stayed true to the originals in terms of the characters' personalities (no Mary Sues, fortunately). Malfoy's character was handled very well - in the end, he's still quite irritating, but he also plays a crucial role in bringing down Voldemort.

L.C
24-05-07, 10:10

Exactly what I was thinking.. very impressive. I'm going to take my time with the last book.. I want to enjoy it for as long as possible :D.

I just can't wait for July to come. Luckily we'll have TRA to entertain us untill then.

Just in time not to miss the pre-DH release hype and all the speculation, L.C!:D

I can't wait till July,either.
From one hand I'm dying to know the ending and have most of the loose ends answered but on the other hand I just don't want it to end.:( I've practically grown with these books.I was about nine or ten when I started reading them I remember I used to daydream about getting a letter from Hogwarts when I turn 11!:DWith welcomes like that, I feel like I've just been through the Sorting Hat Ceremony...cheers everyone :D

Ada the Mental
24-05-07, 13:41
Hey did you see these?
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/AdatheGrey/image8wl8OotP.jpg
Awesome-ness!:jmp: I've set it on my desktop!

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/AdatheGrey/image9va9BellaVoldieLuci.jpg
What's with Bella's hair?:yik: :eek:

xcrushterx
24-05-07, 13:44
Wow, Ada they are great :D

LOL@ Bella's hair. I really can't wait much longer for this book/movie :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-05-07, 13:45

Heyy! I like her hair! :D Awesome, I haven't seen those pictures yet. :tmb:

Mytly
25-05-07, 12:22
I guess good hairdressers are scarce in Azkaban ... :whi:

Shark_Blade
25-05-07, 14:39
Bella's hair is hot!!:cln:

Kerrigan
25-05-07, 16:42
It seems I've got a problem with the hairstyles in this movie:p I don't like Harry's haircut at all and I used to portray Bella's hair differently.I still think that she looks ok overall.

Shark_Blade
25-05-07, 16:58
Harry's hair is a lot better than Goblet of Fire imo. That one is too long and Ron's makes me laugh everytime I see him. He looks like a girl. :vlol:

Rivendell
25-05-07, 17:12
:D Bella rules :D Can't wait to see this film!

Shark_Blade
25-05-07, 18:17
I'm so dying to see the DUmbledore's Army:D:jmp:

Ada the Mental
25-05-07, 23:30
I guess good hairdressers are scarce in Azkaban ... :whi:
Well...She does have a sister named Narcissa. She could have fixed her up.:whi:

It seems I've got a problem with the hairstyles in this movie:p I don't like Harry's haircut at all and I used to portray Bella's hair differently.I still think that she looks ok overall.
I have a problem with the hairstyles in the movie,too. You should hear me ranting about Hermione's hair not being bushy, Harry's being too flat, Snape's not greasy enough, Sirius's not long enough etc. :tea:

Anyway!Enough with the hair!
I can't wait for the MoM scenes!:jmp: I think I'll first see it on a normal theatre and then see it again on IMAX.

peffect
25-05-07, 23:36
The pics are greeeaaat!!!

I want them as wallpapers!!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Ada the Mental
26-05-07, 14:27
Swedish Deathly Hallows translation may give clues
Tilden, the Swedish Potter publisher, has revealed on their official website that JK Rowling has provided an alternative DH title to foreign countries: Harry Potter and the Relics of Death. The second title was released by Jo and Bloomsbury because the phrase "Deathly Hallows" is hard to translate without being able to read the novel.

Relics of Death can easily translate to dödsrelikerna, and now many are speculating over exactly what these relics are.
Hmmm...Iiiiiiiinteresting!
I'm now thinking that the Hallows must be something that would help destroy the Horcruxes rather than the Horcruxes themselves, as I originally thought.

Mytly
27-05-07, 00:16
Ada, why do you think the deathly hallows are not the horcruxes? In fact, "Relics of Death" sounds exactly like a description of horcrux - a relic created by causing a death (murder), and one that prevents the causer's death.

Ada the Mental
27-05-07, 00:33
Err..Influence from a theory about Hallows I was reading at the time I was typing that. But after I thought about it again-they're definitely the Horcruxes.

No,I really don'y change my mind easily, at all. :rolleyes: :whi:

peffect
29-05-07, 20:14
But if the Hollows are horcruxes, why they are "Deathly" ?

ThomasCroft
29-05-07, 20:22
And, if anything, why isn't the book just called the "Deathly Horcruxes" ??
@Peffect: Horcruxes are deathly because there are always traps or spells to prevent other people destroying them, as shown in the "Half-Blood Prince".

Mytly
29-05-07, 20:37
And, if anything, why isn't the book just called the "Deathly Horcruxes" ??
Because it would be a terrible marketing move, for two reasons:

1. Non-HP fans / people who have not read HBP / people who have been following only the movies, not the books so far/ people who read HBP 2 years ago and then immediately forgot what it was all about have no clue what what a horcrux is. And most people would not buy a book when they can't understand half its title.

2. Even for HP fanatics, that name lacks a certain mystique. If the book was called "Deathly Horcruxes", there would be no room for speculating what it was about, no theories and wild guesses. It would basically just summarise the plot, and convey the message :"Yup, the last book is about Harry's quest for the horcruxes (and of course, the mandatory showdown with Voldemort). No surprises here!"

ThomasCroft
29-05-07, 21:35
Because it would be a terrible marketing move, for two reasons:

1. Non-HP fans / people who have not read HBP / people who have been following only the movies, not the books so far/ people who read HBP 2 years ago and then immediately forgot what it was all about have no clue what what a horcrux is. And most people would not buy a book when they can't understand half its title.

2. Even for HP fanatics, that name lacks a certain mystique. If the book was called "Deathly Horcruxes", there would be no room for speculating what it was about, no theories and wild guesses. It would basically just summarise the plot, and convey the message :"Yup, the last book is about Harry's quest for the horcruxes (and of course, the mandatory showdown with Voldemort). No surprises here!"

Yes, I have to agree with what you said. Apart from "most people would not buy a book when they can't understand half its title": surely hardly anyone knows what a 'Hallow' is, lol! Then again, it adds to the mysteriousness of the book, as you said.

Ada the Mental
30-05-07, 04:27
Still...we don't really know if the Relics of Death(AKA Horcruxes-how is this word pronounced,anyway?) and the Deathly Hallows are one and the same. The problem with DH seems to be that they cannot be reliably translated without having read the book-which makes me think that there's something more to it.Or at least I hope so.

Mytly
30-05-07, 12:27
Apart from "most people would not buy a book when they can't understand half its title": surely hardly anyone knows what a 'Hallow' is, lol!
True, but "hallow" is at least an actual word, so you can check its meaning in a dictionary (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hallow) - unlike "horcrux".

Still...we don't really know if the Relics of Death(AKA Horcruxes-how is this word pronounced,anyway?) and the Deathly Hallows are one and the same. The problem with DH seems to be that they cannot be reliably translated without having read the book-which makes me think that there's something more to it.Or at least I hope so.
Good point. If "Deathly Hallows" could not be translated correctly, JKR may have used one of the other titles that she had thought of, for the non-English versions.

As for how to pronounce "horcrux" - I guess it's HO as in "hot", R, and CRUX as in ... well, "crux (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=crux)" (rhymes with "sucks" ;)).

ThomasCroft
30-05-07, 12:30
^^ I agree with what you said.

Rivendell
31-05-07, 08:47
Oh man!!

Check out mugglenet for concept art of the HP theme park that's going to be built!! :jmp: :yah: :cln: :yik: :jmp: :yah:

L.C
31-05-07, 09:46
This could be unbelievably amazing, going by the concept art :jmp:

Ada the Mental
31-05-07, 15:42
HP Theme Park!Wheeeeeee!:jmp: :D :jmp:
...that's probably going to be built in America....:(

Pics of James and Lily from the Pensieve scene:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/AdatheGrey/scan0001cj8_copia.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/AdatheGrey/scan0007oo3_copia.jpg

Ok.I've come in terms with the fact the hair stylists apparently do not read the characters' descriptions... but Lily in...pigtails?With...ribbons? I think they missed the part where those kids were around 15-16! :vlol:

petujaymz
31-05-07, 17:20
Do you reckon Joanne Kathleen Rowling would lend me a fiver till next week?

silver_wolf
31-05-07, 17:23
Oh man!!

Check out mugglenet for concept art of the HP theme park that's going to be built!! :jmp: :yah: :cln: :yik: :jmp: :yah:
This could be really good or really bad. I wonderwhat type of rides there will be.

Izzie404
31-05-07, 20:20
I am SOO Excited about this movie, because I finally got around to continue reading these books. I just read the fifth, but I'm going to hold off on the sixth until near the movie release date.

silver_wolf
01-06-07, 01:16
pre-ordered the 7th book,definitely going to see the movie,so I'd say I'm all set for HP this summer. btw,the swedish translation of the deathly hallows is "the relics of death". I wonder what that could mean?

Mytly
01-06-07, 05:57

Ok.I've come in terms with the fact the hair stylists apparently do not read the characters' descriptions... but Lily in...pigtails?With...ribbons? I think they missed the part where those kids were around 15-16! :vlol:
James looks pretty good ... but Lily? In Pigtails?! Ugh! http://getmesmileys.com/smilies/sick0025.gif
What teenager would ever be caught with ribbons in her hair? :rolleyes:

btw,the swedish translation of the deathly hallows is "the relics of death". I wonder what that could mean?
Check out the previous page - we just had a discussion on this topic. :wve:

Angel666
01-06-07, 21:31
HP Theme Park!Wheeeeeee!:jmp: :D :jmp:
...that's probably going to be built in America....:(

Oh. My. God. Couldn't they have at least dyed James' hair? Oh my god. This is gonna be bad. :(

xcrushterx
01-06-07, 22:02
Oh man!!

I bet you'll be one of the first to go there :p

Seriously though, it dodes look AWESOME :D

Ada the Mental
02-06-07, 19:51
-Sign that I'm a HP obssessed nerd No. 5.993:
I saw a dream.With Dumbledore in it!:yah: Not book's Dumby, Gambon Dumby. He was acting like DD,though, he wasn't screaming!
Supposedly Hogwarts had collapsed and the new wizarding school was...my grandfather's house (Dumbledore walking down the street at my grandad's village was quite weird). The problem was that (for some obscure reason ) there was no one else there besides me. And then I woke up. Why did I have to wake up?:(

- Philoshopher's Stone was on TV,Thursday night. I forgot about it and only watched half of it. I had forgotten how bad the kids' acting was. I can't decide who was the worst: Watson (at least she did look like Hermione unlike in the latest movies) or Felton?

-Funniest Theory I've Seen In A While:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417741/board/thread/75726397
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:
I like it,though....

Mytly
03-06-07, 20:40
If it helps, Ada, I have dreamt about HP characters countless times ... ;) (another HP obssessed nerd here :o)

Your link doesn't work - it asks for registration. :confused:

Rivendell
09-06-07, 14:27
:eek: New art for Deathly Hallows shows the trio riding on a dragon!!! :jmp:

http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2097&pos=0

LegenDarY
09-06-07, 14:31
I love it, thanks for posting!

I'm trying to keep away from HP information untill the book has been released. Cause I know how the internet loves to spoil endings. And I absolutely do NOT want to know anything that happens in this book before I've read it :p.

Mytly
09-06-07, 20:46
:eek: New art for Deathly Hallows shows the trio riding on a dragon!!! :jmp:

http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2097&pos=0
:yik:
HOW could such a situation ever come about?! I mean, I can't imagine a dragon would be ok with carrying three passengers!
Gah! Will just have to wait 6 weeks with the rest of the world to find out ... :(

Rivendell
09-06-07, 20:49
Maybe... maybe it's not a dragon, but the most powerful animagus EVER :mis:

Or maybe it's Aunt Petunia :p

Blackmoor
09-06-07, 21:18
That is one beautiful piece of artwork. I did wonder if it could be Norbert, but he's blue coloured presumably.

So looking forward to this book. :D

Rivendell
09-06-07, 21:22
Something that strikes me as interesting in the pic - the village beneath them.
That scenery strikes me as looking distinctly french.

Anyone else?

Mytly
09-06-07, 21:40
Maybe... maybe it's not a dragon, but the most powerful animagus EVER :mis:

Or maybe it's Aunt Petunia :p
No, it's Dudley Diddikins! :cln:

Something that strikes me as interesting in the pic - the village beneath them.
That scenery strikes me as looking distinctly french.

Anyone else?
Any particular reason? :confused:

Other noteworthy points about the pic: The river in the background - does it have any significance, or is it just part of a generic countryside scene?
The trio looks really tired and tattered - Hermione's clothes are in shreds. What have they been up to?
Harry's wearing a brown robe/cloak/jacket, unlike Ron and Hermione who are wearing ordinary black robes. On the US cover pic, both Harry and Voldy are wearing brown robes/cloaks ... coincidence?

Blackmoor
09-06-07, 21:47
I know what you mean (edit: scenery looking french in Riv's post). Either that or Swiss. It makes me think of somewhere Alpine... but without any snow. Definitely not in the UK at all.

But what could be the connection...? I mean I know there's Beaux Batons but if something significant is happening in France than you'd think a "hint" would have been put in the earlier books. I can't think of anything.

Mytly
09-06-07, 22:01
The thing that could happen in France could be Bill and Fleur's wedding - Fleur is French after all, and she may want to have the wedding at her own family home.

Ada the Mental
10-06-07, 19:57
:cln: Truly amazing scene! I can't wait for the book!About 40 days left!:jmp:

That is one beautiful piece of artwork. I did wonder if it could be Norbert, but he's blue coloured presumably.:D
My first thought was that he's Norbert, but he looks more like a Chinese Fireball, and he also looks a bit old (with the tattered wings) and blind? The eyes look blind to me.

It could still be Norbert. That could be just the illustrator's interpretation. And Norbert wouldn't be in the first book just for fun, right? Rowling could have come up with a million excuses for Harry to end up in detention.

As for the village...Couldn't it be Godric's Hollow?Though I can't see a dragon ride that early in the book....

Other noteworthy points about the pic: The river in the background - does it have any significance, or is it just part of a generic countryside scene?
The trio looks really tired and tattered - Hermione's clothes are in shreds. What have they been up to?
Harry's wearing a brown robe/cloak/jacket, unlike Ron and Hermione who are wearing ordinary black robes. On the US cover pic, both Harry and Voldy are wearing brown robes/cloaks ... coincidence?
Who knows...Brown is a bit of an unsual colour for a Dark Lord, so it may not be a coincidence!
And I also find it interesting that in the UK cover it's Harry the one who's wearing normal robes while Ron and Hermione are wearing dress robes.
And Harry seems to be wearing something along the lines of dragonskin in this picture.

The thing that could happen in France could be Bill and Fleur's wedding - Fleur is French after all, and she may want to have the wedding at her own family home.
Hmm...Not sure if Molly would be too happy about that!:D

Mytly
10-06-07, 20:27
I checked with Fantastic Beasts, but the dragon in this picture doesn't seem to be based on any "real" type. The closest I could get was the Romanian Longhorn, which has (surprise, surprise! ;)) long horns, which the dragon in the pic certainly does.
It is also the most easily explained: the trio could be visiting Charlie in Romania on the dragon reservation where he works, then some sort of fight breaks out, and Charlie tells them all to ride off on a dragon that he has domesticated ... or maybe Charlie even gets killed in the fight, that would explain the shocked looks on Ron and Hermione's faces ... Ok, I am thinking WAY too much about this! :cln:

Blackmoor
10-06-07, 21:05
Ok, I am thinking WAY too much about this! :cln:No you're not! :D

I think it could be Romania and there could be a Charlie connection somehow. That'd make some sense as JK introduced the Charlie/Dragon/Romania connection very early on.

But I also think it could still be Norbet just like Ada says, with the artist's interpretation being slightly off.

It could still be Norbert. That could be just the illustrator's interpretation. And Norbert wouldn't be in the first book just for fun, right? Rowling could have come up with a million excuses for Harry to end up in detention.

I think the Norbet excuse for a detention is such a valid point too.

JK usually puts things in place for a reason and either Norbert or Charlie could be involved here.

I'm not so keen on the wedding in France idea. I think it'd be too early for them to be getting on a dragon as Fleur and Bill are getting married in the summer holidays aren't they? Plus, I'm sure Mrs Weasley wouldn't let them for something as mundane as a wedding, even though they are "of age". :D

Mytly
14-06-07, 12:21
Anyone tried the new round of WOMBATs? :D
They're really tough this time, not to mention very random! I mean, how in the world are we supposed to know what problems some previously unheard-of 19th century Minister for Magic faced? :confused:

Kerrigan
14-06-07, 13:56
I hate when the WOMBATs have such random questions..I wish they where less based on guesses.Anyway, now that I found out about the new test, I'll give it a try.

Ada the Mental
14-06-07, 17:09
:hea: My nerves! I've clicked on that damned fly a zillion times! Nothing's happening!
I really don't want to miss the WOMBAT!

Mytly
14-06-07, 20:09
Ada, click on it and hold down the mouse button and it will turn into a key, then drag it over to the door while still keeping the button pressed. :wve:

Or else, check the text-only version of the site - perhaps there's a way to access the WOMBATs from there?

Ada the Mental
14-06-07, 20:22
I tried the text-only version,too.:(
The site is generally not responding.:confused:
I might try from my another computer later...

L.C
20-06-07, 18:17
*dusts off thread*

Has anybody with myspace added the official HP profile (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=35075997) as their friend yet?

I've seen the skins already, but check out the contact me choices----so hard for me to decide!!

Chose Bellatrix in the end :D

Angel666
20-06-07, 19:12
I just looked at the dragon pic and I'm not sure that that's Ron. The boy looks blond, not redheaded. GASP! Is it Draco?! Why is Draco riding on a dragon with Harry and Hermione? This is very interesting.

Ada the Mental
20-06-07, 21:12
:hea:
*sighs* Isn't it annoying when people are fangirling over Snape?
I'm not talking about people saying he's not evil (as I'm one of them) I'm talking about people insisting on finding a noble and good-hearted motive behind Snape's every snide, cruel, immature comment or action...:rolleyes:
Personally, I think that he's not a Death Eater but he'll always be a nasty SOB.

Izzie404
20-06-07, 21:43
I always thought that Snape was only being an SOB because he wanted Harry to really work. But now I know that he's just really annoying. I wanted Harry to totally kill him in the 6th! :hea::hea:

Things about the dragon:
His wings look tattered :confused:
His eyes look like their possessed
Looks old
Horns look cracked

Ada the Mental
20-06-07, 22:00
I always thought that Snape was only being an SOB because he wanted Harry to really work. But now I know that he's just really annoying. I wanted Harry to totally kill him in the 6th! :hea::hea:
Partly, yes, he did try to get that Harry to actually work, but I've always thought he's a terrible teacher, no matter what he's trying to achieve by his behaviour.

Take Neville for example( because Harry on many occasions was asking for it). No mater if he wanted to motivate him/toughen him up/blah blah blah terrorising a student like that is not exactly constructive, is it?

Mytly
21-06-07, 09:06
:hea:
*sighs* Isn't it annoying when people are fangirling over Snape?
I'm not talking about people saying he's not evil (as I'm one of them) I'm talking about people insisting on finding a noble and good-hearted motive behind Snape's every snide, cruel, immature comment or action...:rolleyes:
Personally, I think that he's not a Death Eater but he'll always be a nasty SOB.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Whether or not Snape turns out to be one of the "good guys", he is definitely not a nice person.
I mean really, when has he ever said a genuinely nice thing about anyone? Not just about Harry or his friends, but about anyone?! He shows favouritism towards Draco, but that's mainly because he is trying to suck up to Lucius. And he is polite to people like Fudge and Narcissa Malfoy, because it would be too dangerous to be rude to them. But when have we ever heard him praise or simply speak politely to anyone he considers his inferior?
He may be a brave man, and loyal to Dumbledore (I think he is), but he is definitely not noble or good-hearted!

Partly, yes, he did try to get that Harry to actually work, but I've always thought he's a terrible teacher, no matter what he's trying to achieve by his behaviour.
He is a terrible teacher. Note that Harry got an E in his Potions OWLs, which are not graded by Snape, though Snape constantly failed him in his class - and this was before Harry got the Half-Blood Prince's book.
Slughorn is an infinitely better teacher, though he does indulge in a bit of favouritism. He appreciates and encourages creativity and independent thinking, whereas Snape just instills fear in his students.

I just looked at the dragon pic and I'm not sure that that's Ron. The boy looks blond, not redheaded. GASP! Is it Draco?! Why is Draco riding on a dragon with Harry and Hermione? This is very interesting.
I really doubt that's Draco.
Ron's head is in the shadows, so maybe that's why his hair doesn't look very bright red, but it certainly doesn't seem blond.

Rivendell
21-06-07, 11:37
More rumors that DH has been leaked online by a hacker :(

Bloomsbury are neither 'confirming nor denying' it... Why aren't they denying it?? :eek:

Izzie404
21-06-07, 16:02

Bloomsbury are neither 'confirming nor denying' it... Why aren't they denying it?? :eek:

I'm not sure, but I read this:

ROWLING PLEADS FOR NO SPOILERS! (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/18660187/)

Ada the Mental
21-06-07, 16:25

I was browsing at the HP boards at the imdb forums and there were some threads such as "Character X is killed by Z" but I think they're fake.I hope they're fake. From what I've heard they're pretty stupid theories.
I think I'll start staying away from the Internet, though...Well, from spoilerific sites, at least -and stupid imdb is certainly one of them.

EDIT: Turns out it was a hoax after all-and a lame one. I read the spoilers and it was a load of rubbish.How could anyone fall for it?
Here's the link, BTW...:http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2007/Jun/0380.html

Mytly
22-06-07, 07:40
Free publicity, of course. ;)

Edit:
Seriously, I think the best policy to follow regarding rumours that DH has been leaked is to simply disbelieve them all, even if someone says they read the whole thing, and can tell you every detail about what happens, who dies, etc. - because the fact remains that until June 21st, NONE of us (except JKR and the publishers) can know for certain what is true and what isn't.

On a positive note: Less than a month left! :yah:

Izzie404
24-06-07, 05:47
Does Ozzy Osbourne remind anyone else of Snape? :vlol:

Dark Lugia 2
24-06-07, 06:46
He reminds me of Micheal Jackson for some reason :p :vlol: just the way in the first and second movies how he swung his hair around XD :p

Oddchick
24-06-07, 10:00
On a positive note: Less than a month left! :yah:

w00t! i've managed to get the day off work so i can get the book at midnight and read until the early hours and not have to turn up at work looking like death :p *pathetic* :D:D i'm trying to stay away from the hype though, or i'll become a mess the week before :p who's getting the book at midnight?

Rivendell
24-06-07, 11:11
HP5 new IMAX trailer! (http://www.imax.com/ImaxWeb/static/swf/splash_LP/welcome.jsp?gclid=CNODmeiT84wCFQyIPgodjh7lDQ)

Is it just me... or does it look like there's going to be dementors flying around during the battle in the ministry? :eek: :jmp:

Jake Croft
24-06-07, 13:09
When does the new book come out, im dying to read it... i left reading order of the phoenix for too long so im just gonna see the movie.

Rivendell
24-06-07, 13:18
New book, 21st July I think :tmb:

*Ashamed for not knowing the exact date with confidence :o *

Jake Croft
24-06-07, 13:21
Aha, thanks that new trailer is stunning :o

xcrushterx
24-06-07, 13:38
Order of the Phoenix is my favourite book from the series so far. I just can't wait to see that movie :jmp:

Thestrals look amazing :D

Kerrigan
24-06-07, 19:23
Order of Phoenix is also (along with The Goblet of Fire) my favourite HP book.It's odd and I feel kinda bad about this but, although I love the books so much, I'm not very enthusiastic about the upcomming films.I hope I haven't lost my interest in them.I always thought it's almost unfair to compare the films with the novels and to expect to like them the same, but I think I was more interested in the other HP movies when they were about to be released.Maybe it's because "The Goblet of Fire" was a major disappointment to me.

Mytly
24-06-07, 20:24
New book, 21st July I think :tmb:
Yup! :tmb:

*Ashamed for not knowing the exact date with confidence :o *
:yik:
I am ashamed of you - a true-blue HP fan would have had the date tattooed on his arm ... http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sad006.gif

;) :p

LegenDarY
24-06-07, 22:59
If OoTP will be released on blu-ray, I will definitely buy it. The quality of that trailer is amazing :D.

Ada the Mental
25-06-07, 13:55
He is a terrible teacher.

And yet there are people saying that he's actually an excellent teacher because he cares about teaching and not being friends with his students...:confused:
I had expected that we'd see something better when he got the Defence position, which is what he wanted to teach, or that we'd see some impressive bits of magic but he was just a let-down. Conclusion: Lupin's still the best DADA teacher!Yay!:D
I agree about Slughorn. He's much a better and far more inspirational teacher, but him and his Slug Club are annoying!

HP5 new IMAX trailer! (http://www.imax.com/ImaxWeb/static/swf/splash_LP/welcome.jsp?gclid=CNODmeiT84wCFQyIPgodjh7lDQ)

Is it just me... or does it look like there's going to be dementors flying around during the battle in the ministry? :eek: :jmp:
Well...Apparently they've cut out all the rooms in the DoM apart from the Hall of Prophecies and the chamber with the archway so they had to fill it up with something.
And those Dementors look much spookier than the ones in PoA. :eek:

And talking about spooky things...
Kreacher-Is-Scary (http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/AdatheGrey/kreacherootp.jpg)
Now we know who stole Snape's canon nose...:pi:

Order of Phoenix is also (along with The Goblet of Fire) my favourite HP book.It's odd and I feel kinda bad about this but, although I love the books so much, I'm not very enthusiastic about the upcomming films.I hope I haven't lost my interest in them.I always thought it's almost unfair to compare the films with the novels and to expect to like them the same, but I think I was more interested in the other HP movies when they were about to be released.Maybe it's because "The Goblet of Fire" was a major disappointment to me.
OotP is my favourite as well (I never understood why so many people find it the worse one...:()so I am excited about the movie but not as much as I am about the last book.
And I certainly agree that GoF was quite the disappointment. i think they got a lot of potential wasted by emphasising with the kids-discover- romance aspect of the book.

I am ashamed of you - a true-blue HP fan would have had the date tattooed on his arm ... http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sad006.gif
Hey!What's that on your arm, Mytly?:whi:

ladykillercroft
25-06-07, 14:01
love the HP books so far my fave book is goblet of fire, hopefully the latest book wont leave me going WHAT!! as ive read the books the films dont really have the same impact because of all the bits they have to miss out so the film isnt 6 weeks long, if i made the film it probly would be the book right down to last point and be about 6 weeks long!

and i'm so jelous of my mate she was an extra in the first 3 films for all the houses!!! dammn her!!

findme
25-06-07, 15:49
I personally found Order one of the most exciting books, second to Goblet, which is my favourite book. Goblet had an amazing twist to it but Order just followed a smooth story line.

Mytly
26-06-07, 09:12
And yet there are people saying that he's actually an excellent teacher because he cares about teaching and not being friends with his students...:confused:
I had expected that we'd see something better when he got the Defence position, which is what he wanted to teach, or that we'd see some impressive bits of magic but he was just a let-down. Conclusion: Lupin's still the best DADA teacher!Yay!:D
"Cares about teaching"?! The only thing seems to care about is terrorising his students! :rolleyes:
Hey!What's that on your arm, Mytly?:whi:
Sorry, actually my tattoo is on my forehead. :ton:

Hey, who else did the WOMBATs? I just got my score: Outstanding! :jmp:
Yay! I am an official Harry Potter nerd, and now I have a certificate to prove it! :yah: :D

Izzie404
26-06-07, 10:47
And talking about spooky things...
Kreacher-Is-Scary (http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/AdatheGrey/kreacherootp.jpg)
Now we know who stole Snape's canon nose...:pi:

Oh great; now I'm going to have nightmares because of that ;)

ashnar
26-06-07, 13:59
well, I've read all the books and liked them alot.not a fan of the movies though.they lack too much detail( yes, they have to be short, I know). My favourite book was the 6th because of its emotional value and the sense that the characters are growing up( although some aspects, particularly at the end, left me with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. they were a bit cliche? don't know if that's the right word of expressing whatt's in my mind).The forth book had another form of impact upon me. It seemed packed with with something else. maybe because of the action that was there.
I admire JkR for writing such a unique series of books. I'm wishing my writing skills will become half of what hers are later on. Can't wait for the last book:)

Necromanser
26-06-07, 15:39
Yaaay, new robes! :yah:

I wonder if the movie will include that interview harry gave to Luna's father's magazine (don't know what's it's name in english)... That would be fun...

it called the quibbler

I think the two most darkest books are order of phoenix and half blood prince
"sobs"sirius dies and dumbledore dies"starts crying"

Rivendell
26-06-07, 18:21
Some ace new footage of the film out today on mugglenet! :D

The legilimens stuff looks brilliantly done :tmb:

peeves
26-06-07, 18:24
Only 15 more days til the movie which ius July 11. My favorite book was the Half Blood Prince

Izzie404
26-06-07, 18:37
The legilimens stuff looks brilliantly done :tmb:

Sounds brilliant! :wve:

findme
26-06-07, 20:31
OMG they did Kreacher exactly like how I've pictured it before. Great CG =]
LOL the old man face! :P

Looking forward to the film, NOT looking forward to Emma Watson's acting though. ¬¬

Izzie404
26-06-07, 20:38
Looking forward to the film, NOT looking forward to Emma Watson's acting though. ¬¬

I think Emma's wonderful! She's really hot, too. I loved the picture, in GoF, when she came down the stairs in her dress. :yah: *drools*

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1152272/photo_15_hires.jpg

She's so beautiful! :gki:

frostfur452
27-06-07, 03:15
Bleh I'm sooo late with everything lol.. I've only started the OotP book last night. Cruising through it fairly quickly though.

L.C
27-06-07, 08:45
Bleh I'm sooo late with everything lol.. I've only started the OotP book last night. Cruising through it fairly quickly though.You're not as late as you think. I finally read the whole series (so far) for the first time only last month :o

L.C
27-06-07, 09:11
Shame this isn't of any use to us here in the UK :(

Click here for details to see HP film this week via myspace (http://www.myspace.com/blackcurtain)

*but good luck to any US members who may win---you lucky so-and-so's!!*

Rivendell
27-06-07, 11:33
Oh my GOD!!!

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xevidmegafx&Itemid=139&func=detail&id=953

It's a SPOILER vid if you don't want to watch, it's a minute of the bit where the DA is in the prophecies room. Lucius appears near them, and they talk.

And.....

BELLATRIX EFFING RUUULES!!! :jmp:

Jake Croft
27-06-07, 11:49
Riv, i have only one word to say for that clip... WOW!

Ada the Mental
27-06-07, 11:50
Argh!That laugh (and the mock voice) was awful!:yik:
Definitely not how imagined Bellatrix but she's cool, anyway, especially when she taunts Neville.

Lucius is cool as well!

Rivendell
27-06-07, 11:53
Her voice I definitely imagined differently- but her little swagger, and attitude is great! :D

How's mum and dad?

So off-the-cuff, so casual, so nasty! :D